Speaker 1: WA's up and welcome back to another episode of No Sinner's Podcast with your host. Now, fuck that with your load glasses, Malone, all.
Speaker 2: Right, not tell me?
Speaker 3: All right? So Harvey Weinstein had his conviction overturned thrown out of court in New York and appeals last week. And I didn't pay attention to what the actual act was that he committed. And I guess he got convicted of not raping this woman, but of sexually assaulting her by virtue of going down on her against her will while she was on her period with a tampon in.
Speaker 2: That make a sick.
Speaker 3: That is something that is the equivalent to like Plexico Buris shooting himself in the leg and having to go do time for it. H He is the victim and the perpetrator at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh hop, I hope that's not what got overtime.
Speaker 3: It's not. Yeah, that's crime.
Speaker 1: He forcefully orally assaulted a woman while she was on her period. Correct, Hey, bro, they should throw the fucking key away. My boy is a fucking savage.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That I was telling Malcolm, like if I had gotten taken into custody by a foreign government that thought I was like a spy involved us some espionage, and they rolled some women in like in those stirrups like at the obg y N and were like, you're gonna tell us who you work for, or you're gonna go eat that woman out of a period right now. And they started a wheeler toward me. I'd be like, it was a Cia.
Speaker 1: It was the Cia, bro vampire, Like, vampires are a real thing, bro, Like that's what we call dudes who eat vagina on periods. Vampires. Yes, vampires are a real thing. I did not know that that man was a vampire. You would have never told me a man getting that kind of money, with that type of access to women an opportunity as far as his choice of ladies was a vampire.
Speaker 2: That's crazy as hell.
Speaker 1: He's sexually orally assaulting women on their period.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he had a role in the production or casting of that movie. Interview with the Vampire, because it totally changes the meaning. You know now that people women are going to try to meet with him to get jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just crazy. I realized something. I think we talked about it, but freak. A freak is a man who do gay ship with women.
Speaker 3: This you had mentioned to that we talked about this, right, I don't know if we talked about it on air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I realized that that's what it is a man who does gay ship with women like men who like to be pegged by women gay.
Speaker 2: I mean freaky. Excuse me, men.
Speaker 1: Who liked to get they who like they salad tossed by women gay mhm, excuse me, freaky. I'm losing my fucking trying to thok'.
Speaker 2: It's my boy is a real vampire. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's next level shit, no seiling gl my man, Peter, So tell me what you felt about Atlanta?
Speaker 2: What was your what was.
Speaker 1: Your Uh, you're just of the black effect, you know the podcast I managed.
Speaker 3: Well quite Frankly, I thought the entire experience was a washed because I didn't get to go to Rodney Scott's whole Hunt Barbecue.
Speaker 2: That's what you go to in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they cooked the whole pigs in the back.
Speaker 1: You didn't even tell me we would have went over there. At least I would have watched it. Even if I didn't eat.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't gonna try to drag he would still neither of him eat pork, especially.
Speaker 2: Still stop eating pork. Still eat pork?
Speaker 3: Uh uh, yes, he fucking do he He said when he was in Miami he doesn't need pork, and I asked him in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Damn lie, still eat pork? That nigga be baking and ship and sending it to me on facetim heat.
Speaker 3: But he's one of those idiots who like, I don't eat pork, but I eat bacon. How many girls I know say that crap? They try to sound about blush. I don't eat pork, I mean, but I eat baking at breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that was a real thing. I can't imagine, God, damn Stunie Musclims. I can't imagine the human being saying they don't eat pork but they eat baking.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I've heard that a lot, mostly from girls because they have no concept of reality. But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Okay, so back to this, back to this, back to the actual topic.
Speaker 1: Well, well, uh so Weinstein is a vampire. He was eating with Gina forcefully while a woman was on her period.
Speaker 2: So Harvey, as I understand it, So Harvey cuhen, Yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: And he's a hairy that's sob so. I don't know if he's less of a vampire and more of a werewolf or what's going on over there.
Speaker 1: If you eating vagina pier, you probably a hybrid. You a different kind of dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't believe somebody let him do that.
Speaker 1: I mean she didn't, obviously not the women who he forcefully did.
Speaker 2: But yo, be.
Speaker 1: He gave up with his face looking like that. That that's the funniest craziness.
Speaker 3: Dude, and the and the lady didn't bring it to the police until way later. I wish she ran out and called the police. So they came up banging on the hotel room door. Mister White said, he walks to open the door. Yes, like he just finished a pack of dry coolater. Some shit teeth already.
Speaker 2: Shit, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know sure you're runner arrest? What did I do?
Speaker 2: Sir? Sir?
Speaker 3: You know godn't got that, won't you?
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I guess what I liked about the convention the most is like, like I love when I go to any big event, you know what I mean. I like being in the crowd. I like seeing how people are really consuming the event, you know what I mean. Honestly, I'm really just a people's person, like I will have the normal artist fear of being around people, you know what I mean, Like I just I think I flourish in those places.
Speaker 3: Definitely I get that.
Speaker 1: But watching it, I was telling Charlotte Mane, I thought it was like Jack the Rapper for podcasts.
Speaker 2: Like I told you, Jack the Rapper is this.
Speaker 1: Hip hop conference they used to have in the late eighties early nineties where they taught people how to.
Speaker 2: Make records, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They gave game or how to make records and how to open a record business.
Speaker 3: Did anybody come out of that if note.
Speaker 2: I don't know because it's before my time.
Speaker 1: But one of the biggest moments, like I told you when it straight out the content movie, is when you see ice Cube getting in a fight when he's coming down the escalator that was at the event called Jack the Rapper.
Speaker 2: It was with above the Luck.
Speaker 3: Got it. I think that sounds like a pretty good comparison.
Speaker 2: So I loved it. I loved seeing how people taking into information. It was dope.
Speaker 1: Like I said, Wallow for Wallow to buy all the rest of my CDs, you know what I mean, and give them a way.
Speaker 2: Out like that Wallow is that kind of dude.
Speaker 1: Gilly and Wallow, Like I said, they have a adupe. It's almost like a comedy routine, but it's so like it's so much game and encouragement.
Speaker 2: And then to watch.
Speaker 1: Mandy and Weezy, you know what I mean, horrible decisions and I was just tripping off, like they really got girls calling themself the horror hide like a high full of whores And I guess it's a level of owning your sexuality, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy to watch them have that type of following.
Speaker 2: Where people is just you know, intrigued by it. It's dope.
Speaker 1: When you go to these type of conferences and you find your place in the conference, you're like, oh, I see what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Like, what's dope, Peter's.
Speaker 1: I can help everybody else, but it's so hard for me to see what it looks like from the outside of me. And I could tell you how to do what I could tell my outcome. I could see it from the outside, but looking you know what I mean, trying to figure it out when I'm me is a challenge. I'm almost to the point where I got it figured out, Man, it's kicking the shit out of me. But even with no ceilings, you know what I mean, Like I told you, I realized firsthand.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody else has.
Speaker 1: A stick, you know what I'm saying, where you can see what they you know, you can see what they sell. You don't have to be into Mandy and Weezy or horrible decisions to sponsor their show. Like if with that show, you know, Trojan could come to them and say, hey, you know, I want to do a deal, you know what I mean, or Plan B, you know, the the morning.
Speaker 2: After peel or even a liquor comes from.
Speaker 1: Even though they really I know they said they don't really fuck with tobacco companies or certain companies, but you could see the niche whether or not you know, you in the business of whores or not. And like I look at I look at our shit right no ceilings, and I realize it's the brand of glasses.
Speaker 2: And figure it out.
Speaker 1: Who wants to do business with the crip and people who enjoy intellectual standpoints from you know, a brother from Wrange County and the cryp is really interesting to figure out.
Speaker 2: Indeed, indeed, what is your biggest takeaway from it.
Speaker 3: To me watching everyone do the shows live and it kind of clicked, like, like the coolest thing that I heard, like specifically, was like the opening kind of chapter whatever of Wallow Wallow and Gilly. We're talking about the how they got started and getting sponsorships from like a funeral home and a car lot, like your sponsors are you know all there were? You what you see every day and watching them for you know, record live watching just hilarious watching all these other people, and I was like, you know what the the make or break factor with these guys is. They're kind of it brought to life the expression like perspiration, you know, just like the effort, the consistency of self marketing, and also really embracing sponsorship. I mean, if you can command, you can promote yourself up to command a listenership and command a certain amount of revenue bootstrapped, that elevates the value. Like they transition from saying they had gotten all these sponsorships locally on their own to getting an offer from barstool for seven figures and the link between being able to demonstrate you know, we have you know, X hundred thousand dollars per year, per month or whatever in our own local advertising. That that's a demonstrable proof of concept value that completely leverages in, you know, in multiples, the value of your showing your own content by virtue having that established.
Speaker 1: Well even to package all of that up in a simple conversation, I think we have to be as creative with looking for partners as we are with the actual material of the podcast itself. And so I'm starting to really believe in the record business the same thing is that, you know, the same thing is expected at this point, Like you know, when I'm shooting a music video, being a lot more creative with how I'm going about it. Like this whole generic idea of let me pay for this music video and then I'll put it on YouTube, it's probably a fleeing idea, especially with brands being so willing to get involved with street urban content, you know what I mean, whether it's a podcast, whether it's a song, any of the things above. But I think we have to get just as creative with the business as we do with the artist self.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was much more impressed by anybody's like from anyone that I saw, I was much more impressed by their process than their product. Sure, and I'm not knocking their products, but more so the fact that I was just like, they're really pros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's funny having this conversation, whether it's music or podcasting, right, it comes into a space where it's like, Okay, you start doing this thing for some level of artistic merit, but if you started from a business perspective, you know, you probably would have more success as a business. You know what I mean, if you understood how to do business entirely. Yeah, I know that's a bit sounds a bit fundamental, but it's true. I think so many people get in front of these mics and really be looking for a therapeutic experience and then decide, oh, well, because I'm sharing myself, I deserve get paid.
Speaker 2: I told still the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, hip hop, like pop music is the business of me, hip hop is the business of us, you know what I mean, Like it's the it's the it's the business of us representing multiple people. And you know what I mean, even in business in general, I mean, how do you not take in it to account your customers? And there is a space to where like I was talking to a dude on Twitter today and I had retweeted the International Players anthem video right, and I was like, yo, every verse on this song is a ten. You know, the every verse you know, Andre three thousands verse right, Pimps verse right, bun Bee's verse right, and Big Boys verse. It's all a ten. And a dude was like, oh no, Andre three thousand carried the song.
Speaker 2: I said, that's ridiculous. He said you should ask your followers.
Speaker 1: And I said, why would I ask my followers when I'm the specialist. You know, imagine me asking my followers who had the best verse. They can tell me which verse they enjoyed. They can't tell me what's the best verse. If I listen to the general public, they would have you thinking McDonald's it's the best food in the world, right, because that's the most consuming food in the world. Correct, Like, is there a restaurant consume more than fucking McDonald's around the globe?
Speaker 2: No? So I was such, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Huh, here's some Chinese noodle house. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying on a global scale, like McDonald's probably sells more fucking food than anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: The best because the public says that I think people find reasons to be into something. Yeah, they find reasons. Like I've listened to enough Little UZI to know he's not really good. Not but he's not really good. He don't have a consistent style of making records. People are in love with him, so his product, as far as the music, just becomes an extension of who he is. But you know, it's even weird to say you in love with him, you know what I mean, It's just a different out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even on that song, that's like I think to say that the dude carried the song with his portion of the song. His contribution was over before the first drum.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, but again, man, it is you have to find I was saying all that to say, you have to find that sweet spot in business where you're listening to your consumer, but you also understand your job is to guide them where.
Speaker 2: You want them to go.
Speaker 1: Like what I what I've started doing more than anything when I'm doing the business of hip hop records is.
Speaker 2: Like I try to see where.
Speaker 1: The public is at, where me and the public can share a topic that matters to us all at the same time, and then I actually decide where I want to be at, you know, of that subject matter, right.
Speaker 2: So like we cancel these nuts.
Speaker 1: Like if I see a bunch of people wearing purses and that's where society is at at that time, I'll like, whatever my stance is, We'll have that conversation there. Like I try to meet society where it's at, and then I actually address where society is at from the street urban perspective obviously, and then the more creative I get with it, you feel me it's like that's what makes a really great idea. And then you know, the scientist executing a catchy record and music, you know that shit comes into play. Podcasts is a much different space, and I really feel like we were underutilizing what it is. Like we are at a place to where we want to be entertained by each other's life. Like we're not even asking people to be talented anymore, you know what I mean, Like with a lot of people that we celebrate or celebrities that don't really have talent. I said, Kim Kardashian doesn't have talent. I mean, it's a lot of people that don't have no fucking talent, yet they're celebrated.
Speaker 2: All the same.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I was talking about hearing my dad earlier today. He was asking some questions about this, and I had said to him, I was like going through everyone the shows to talk about how much process was more than products. It's all, yeah, people have no product at all. Like when you look at the Kardashians, one skill, I will say that those people have somebody in that group has a remarkable eye for projecting trend, particularly on the visual side.
Speaker 1: Where do you think where do you think they really get busy on the visual side to make you say that.
Speaker 3: Because they never really do much that misses like the whatever it is that they where or carry or wherever they go, whatever it is they always tend to hit, you know, like over the course of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't really know a trend that they started, not.
Speaker 3: That they started, but that they tend to like be.
Speaker 2: On early. I never seen nothing they was really ill early.
Speaker 3: I think the closest to their fashion stuff absolutely all their fashion stuff all across the bord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think they really are fashionable people in that regard. Like I think even Kim, who probably gets the most credit, is more a product of Kanye. I mean I don't think the rest of them really have a fashion trend.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: If I create it, I'm saying even where they're at fashion wise, I don't see them really being.
Speaker 2: Like a fashion icon in that sense.
Speaker 1: Really, they're more popular for not wearing clothes, you know what I mean, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: There's been there's been a million slust that ran around and didn't wear clothes, that didn't sustain a career for it. But I think half twenty years.
Speaker 1: But I think also it's that dynamic takes a little bit more work. I don't think it's really about even from a fashion perspective, I don't really think they're early.
Speaker 2: Ain't on the trends or anything. I think I mean from.
Speaker 1: What I saw so far with them is they take a lot of things from urban perspective and then they bring it to the pop world, like like they'll wear box braids or pendletons, you know what I mean, and they'll bring them to the pop world. But the pop world wasn't just familiar with the urban things. So I don't know if it's.
Speaker 3: You know, I think that's I think that's a small wrinkler what they do. I think they really are. They're like luxury product identifiers almost like the way it's not dissimilar to the way like Donald Trump puts his name on a thing that he identified. Oh this is a great luxury item. I'm gonna be just buy it, put my name on it. They don't buy and put their name on it. They just buying.
Speaker 1: But like what example, like like like skims, like the kim Brand.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about anything she produces.
Speaker 1: She don't produce anything. I'm saying, I'm talking about what she sees like. I still don't see the connection and what you see what she sees as far as being translating to creating any sense of trend like, I don't. I don't think they're mean. I can't say they're like without fashion. You know, they're not completely unfashionable, but they're not like fashion icons in the sense where they're early on trend.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I don't see it. Like we probably need a really great you.
Speaker 1: Know, publishers and marketing person to break down exactly why they are famous, because I agree with you, it's a lot of women who suck some you know, successful men penists that are not as successful as them, you know, But I'm sure there's a few things going into it. I don't know if it's I couldn't really identify their true talent. Like obviously the Moms is tough. I mean, she's a thinker, But I don't I don't know their brand.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Like, really, their brand is pretty much, you know, the worst type of brands a woman could have.
Speaker 3: Kind of like when I like the women I've talked to about them that are into them, they almost look at their greater apparatus or their their little you know, Kardashian Inc. As like an easy one stop shop of like what, you know, what what handbag should I buy at the end of this pay cycle? Well, which one were they carrying around? Oh, I'll get that one.
Speaker 2: You'll see. And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't know no sisters who look at the Kardashians as their guide.
Speaker 3: Because they're a blip of an audience. That's not they're a blip of an audience. They're not enough to generate that kind of brand formidability. They're not. That's not who their audience is.
Speaker 2: But who is their audience? Like mid level white.
Speaker 3: Folks their audience. Yeah, they're they're a pop brand. They're not a hip hop brand. They're a pop brand.
Speaker 2: But but that's what I'm saying to you.
Speaker 1: What they do is are you saying that they take hip hop ideas and translate them to pop people?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I can't see a trend or brand that they started or made popular.
Speaker 3: They just live. No, they don't. I think they're just they live a rich girl lifestyle that the girls that are less rich want to live. And then by less rich, not by a ton.
Speaker 1: But I get the concept right of you saying that they live a rich girl lifestyle. And so it's just people following somebody that they think as wealthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not that wears the same outfit every day and isn't always demonstrating their consumption. Donald Trump's a producer. The Coardashis are consumers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it still don't make sense to me much above my Uh, whatever's going on is completely beyond me. O, what's beyond me? So I couldn't I actually get what Donald Trump does. Donald Trump has sold this country, in this world wealth for a long time, and things that he associates with his name are kind of the concept of luxury and success. Right, That's what he was able to do. So maybe the Kardashians do the same, but I think that they do.
Speaker 3: They do the same thing for the fourth figure purchase that he does for the seventh figure purchase.
Speaker 2: But was it that they were rich? Is that? Well? I guess they brand was because the dad wasn't was some kind.
Speaker 3: Of I mean, like she got started before she was running around with Ray J. She was pseudo known for running around with Paris Hilton and the party circuit.
Speaker 1: Just chruing is considered because she's connected city Hillton Hotel. She's considered like rich snob, rich white snob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I don't know she was a snob.
Speaker 1: She was just looking at the constant rich party girl. I picked it up somewhere, like I see what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Sure, So I guess they just run amok through sunset, just beacons of excess.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I guess they are. I guess they are Donald Trump for Subadan woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and and also for like younger people that don't have like you know, there's like across the bridge for me, there's like all these Trump properties on sunny aisles. A twenty two year old watching TV trying to you know, have a nice time. Is it going to go buy a nine million dollar penthouse and Trump Tower, but they can go buy two thousand dollars handbag. Put their mind to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's like in my penises, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or the right one.
Speaker 2: That's a big business, though, big business right now. Selling wealth.
Speaker 1: I don't think everybody does a great job of it, but it's a big business.
Speaker 2: I watch a lot of hip hop artists try to sell wealth, selles success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's been a thing for a long time in the genre.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because the West got successful without that. You know, the West was the most successful brand and hip hop for a long time because they wasn't trying to sell that. They were selling the common man. Like I've been thinking about no seelings, and one of the most important things I thought was important is I wanted to start having a conversation up with people who just.
Speaker 2: Live regular lodge, right, like the worker at Outback Steakhouse.
Speaker 1: That's the type of guests I would like to add where we talk about just existing, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, in life a meter maid, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I always thought those type of conversations is really what the world should want to listen to, versus me trying to keep finding the most successful people who I actually know ain't that fucking successful in the first place. They just more successful than the listener. Sure, but when you listen to podcasts and coming back from you know that whole convention, that that whole Black Effects convention was, it just made me think, like, yo, we at that we in the eighties of hip hop. For podcasting, this is the eighties, this is the this is the this is the build up time for podcasts, and like we're not doing enough, Like we're not spinning enough ideas off into smaller ideas and smaller conversations. We're not doing lives after the podcasts to cultivate the audience that's growing with us and sharing these conversations.
Speaker 2: Like we're not working. You know, we're not.
Speaker 3: I agree, I would say we were lacking in all faces. We're because they just did the NFL Draft last week. We're the team with like the number two pick in every round and if you were to say what position do they need to fill most someone audi ESPN's panel will go, well, all of them. That's why they have the number two pick. You know, I think I think we need to just elevate in the way we distribute the diversity of platforms upon which we promote the consistency of engagement from a time standpoint, so that there's not so many hours between our engagement with our audience.
Speaker 1: All that kind of stuff, and also just building outside of what we have moving. Yeah, I mean, so many people would be doing this every day. There's people doing this every day. Like it's people who have live streams that they call podcasts because they don't know the difference.
Speaker 2: But it's like people want to be entertained all fucking day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because life sucks.
Speaker 2: But my life doesn't suck.
Speaker 3: But you're not listening, you're talking. I'm I'm the unique bridge component to this whole experience because my life sucks and I'm talking. But yeah, all day long, there's there's there's a lot of long commutes every day. There's a lot of jobs every day where you don't have to interact with somebody. You can have headphones on. There's a lot of hours of dead air time, you know, all told that that can be filled with something better than silence, hopefully.
Speaker 1: So if you did, I have to spend off and add a podcast onto no siblings, right, and there's no siblings present, and you had to do a people podcast, and what would it really be on? What do what would you really want to talk about? Like what problem rale?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Let's say our listener is it does have a suburban element, but it is an urban person, right, who's trying to elevate theyfe in their existence. I noticed when we have conversations bro like the other one when we were talking about which station sled humans move to, like men to move their family to, to actually really be ahead of the opportunity, how many people reached out to me and thought that was a dope ass conversation. I mean, people are so intrigued with how you saw finances and you know how you were able to take the history of America and wrap it up into a conversation of today, you know what I mean? So if you had to do a No Seilings Presents podcast, like, what would it even be about?
Speaker 2: At that point?
Speaker 3: I would like to do, you know, micro and macroeconomics kind of sort of thing, like, uh, a mixture conversation of kind of cool innovative like big picture trends or like unique outliers of stuff that's going on like within you know, capital markets or technological innovations, and also kind of talk about like everything through the prism of just like a regular guy and your just general personal financial vision as a person, as a as a couple, and kind of the psychology of balancing a budget. How do you know what are your priorities? You know you're when does it make sense to you to say, screw the five thousand dollars into the whatever the hell fund? I want to take the family to Disney World because I'm gonna spend up time with my kids or or whatever that might be kind of like I just want to have a conversation about value, value of time and value of commodities.
Speaker 1: And what type of being that you could identify the stick of the conversation. Where do you think we would actually find like where would the partners be at in that kind of conversation.
Speaker 3: I think like the low hanging fruit would be, although like anything with a bank or a credit card. And then like there's there's all kinds of people trying to sell hedges that are looking for audiences, like we're not audiences, but that they're looking for kind of more small level investors. Like all these gold companies or like red companies that have low level buy ins, or different pre ipo platforms that offer you people the opportunity to buy like a minimum of like one hundred or a couple hundred dollars in a small company before it goes public, and if you've got one hundred bucks, you can throw it at it and whatever. Maybe in three years it gets consumed, sold out to another entity, and your hundred bucksterns into it like twelve hundred bucks. It's not like the greatest windfall of cash everybody. If you just kind of you know, say, you know, every week, I'm just gonna throw another one hundred dollars or whatever the new release thing is on, like the thing I get emails from all the times called Republic just every day for a year, just chiped one hundred bucks off to do the minimum and whatever the new company is. They have a whole bevy of different companies. Yeah, some of them are gonna hit you know. I mean, I think that's more interesting to me personally than standing behind six people in line at seven to eleven who are buying scratchers, especially because they take so fucking long.
Speaker 2: But you know it was a crazy question for you.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna do another podcast right to field on the No Seller's brand, it's No Siblings Presents, and then it's this extra podcast that I'm doing. What do you think the stick that I should talk about? What do you think the average fan would expect for me? You know people that know me personally, you know fans who just know me from a distance. What do people want to hear me talk about that I have the utmost knowledge in or or even shed some level of insight into.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting because to separate that idea from what we're already doing is kind of hard because you call the topics and it's and there's obviously an interesting people listening.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, if I had the niche, if I had the niche.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that, Like, it's pretty interesting. You spend a lot of time talking about like the construction of a song, you know, and doing an episode about out bass drums or the bass. We had a conversation over the weekend about how bass lines are gone from hip hop, sure, you know, or just little stuff like that people could learn about, like what makes music? How does music work? How do you layer things? Why does this sound different than that or better than this? And blah blah blah. You knows how does a rhythm work? How does a drum work?
Speaker 2: It is something I vested in and I have extensive information.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, I think there's a ton of ways you could do that because you could talk about like samples, how like songs that you wouldn't think came from another like this song came from that, and then almost do like a whiteboard of like here's how the song started, like the song we were listening to it, thank you for playing on loop in the car such that it was stuck in my head until about an hour and a half ago. But like start with that and then like you know how you have the like in the studio, there's the program where there's the different like lot not lines, but you know you know what I mean, like the the ship where you can see the sound waves layered like this and really yeah really likes yeah, yeah, like show people how that works. How there's like five layers in the original song. Okay, well we're gonna take these two that we want. It's eight measures long. These two measures we're gonna keep. We're gonna loop those, we're gonna do it like this Da da da da da da da da and explain to people how that works. And you could do you know, you could do it that way. You could talk about the evolution of like like how I feel like high hats and hip hop kind of we're like there. But I really started hearing them with Manny Fresh and Early No Limit, ear Early Cash, I mean, and then when they start they changed sound again. I felt like somewhere in like the earlier part of maybe like Rick Ross's stuff, where they went from sounded like there was a guy in the studio, you know, actually hitting them on Manny's stuff, and then it was just like that, like you could tell it was digital.
Speaker 1: When the trap had when they called them trap haads, when the trap has hit.
Speaker 3: Exactly, they're just different. Stuff like that. You could you could riff on that all the god damn day long for a thousand episodes.
Speaker 2: I got an idea.
Speaker 1: I had an idea a while ago, but it's it's probably time to bring it into fruition. Or was that I just wanted to do a conversation about really great you know, instrumentals and records, like I think what's happening in hip hop specifically, or even in music is people are getting so carried away with the lyrics of songs that they forget it's about the music itself. And every time I talk to somebody and I expressed to him, I was explaining this to Joey, I'm like, most people don't know how hip hop.
Speaker 2: Started, right.
Speaker 1: Hip Hop didn't start with the MC. Hip Hop started because people started to move a certain way, right, And when certain records would come on and they would get to these parts of the records, you would see these young people starting to really move and it's really funky different way that people had never moved before, like as far as dancing, like which became what people called bee boy, where they would just fuck it up. And you know, on a certain part of the record they call it the break, it's the drum break is the full expression. But when that music get away and the melodies get away in that boom.
Speaker 2: And you just start seeing people fuck it up.
Speaker 1: And DJ saw that happening, and they got another turntable and they started to fucking keep looping that part.
Speaker 5: M boom poch boom, boom, boom, pinch boom boom, boom boom, and people just could keep.
Speaker 1: Sucking it up and it had the party hype. And then the MC came around after to keep the party hype, but it was already a relationship between the music and people dancing. And dancing is what really moves hip hop. And let me wrong, there's a there's a lot of conversations about different things, and there's a lot of great things that people don't dance to in hip hop. But the cornerstone of this motherfucker is for the way the streets are moving at that time, the way street urban culture is moving. You look at like I said, you look at what's going on in Milwaukee with JP and and four one four Frank and Maya p and and it's it's so many different the stoner you know, and you look at how they're moving. And now the producers in Milwaukee right are making music. They're making music.
Speaker 2: For people to move the way that they move. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And you you know, uh, you ever told bitch I got jeez?
Speaker 2: You ever make a bit of here their knees? Well, guess what an JP you know?
Speaker 1: And you see him moving and that's the cornerstone of hip hop, and that's why you see what's going on in Milwaukee starting to move throughout the country. You know, these little dudes is getting booked everywhere because they are controlling how.
Speaker 2: People are moving.
Speaker 1: They're showing people how to move, and they're creating the music that people move to. Now, is it gonna go to a corporate level? Is it produced well enough to get into, you know, a mainstream space. It's probably still behind. But that's not what hip hop is about. Hip Hop is about that right there, you know that thing right there, And you know, I listen to a lot of people talk about it and they don't get that simple part right and again because they're not focused on the music.
Speaker 2: They're focused on you know, rappers are.
Speaker 1: Hella arrogant and they make it about themselves. Oh it's about me. People want to hear me, No man, we want to hear it, shit jam. We want to hear this ship move. We want to see people having a good time. We want that energy, that festive energy. So I thought about doing something that really focuses on the music behind hip hop, not so much the rap, but the music. You know, taking Michael McDonald's you know, I keep forgetting and turning it into.
Speaker 2: The beat that's regulating. Yeah, taking than Haywood.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to do something freaky and turning it into nothing but the g thing.
Speaker 3: Yeahven Like my favorite example is let Me Ride, Like that song that they took that from. It's like seven minutes long.
Speaker 1: It's a Parliament song, Mothership Connection, and that part of the song is five minutes into the song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So it is it's tough because you know, for so.
Speaker 1: Long the rapper has been in the forefront of hip hop that people really think it's about the rapper, but the consistent successes in the hip hop somewhere along the line, somebody understand this about the music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that really hip hop it's like a car. A lot the rappers, the salesman, the music of the cars.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's it simple as that.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's nothing like buying a good car from a good salesman. But most of these niggas is selling you lemons.
Speaker 3: They are or or they're just standing on the right lot and people. They're just basically standing between the person and the car they want.
Speaker 1: Everybody just want to drive something they don't give and go and that goes back to my point that I was having with the dude earlier when we was talking about international players Anthem and oh well, Andre three thousand carried the song.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: I thought Pimp C's first like hit that when that drum hit and he did it.
Speaker 1: Damn man, they love that made the song to me. But that's the point. All the verses were ten. You know why, because you can't fucking go wrong with that fucking break. That fucking break that that I choose you break is crazy. That would hutch break. Shout out to HUDs from above the low. I think that's his uncle or his father. It might even be his father. I got to do my homework, but you know what I mean, really hunted like that I choose you break. They got it just right. And if I understand correctly, three six did the music.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 3: PIMPC did a song over that track on I think like laying the SmackDown or something like that, and it didn't go so wealth for him. And I'm a huge pat fan, man, but to get that other song went really well for those guys.
Speaker 2: You better get that ship right, man.
Speaker 1: And then so definitely it's starting to get to a space to where like, you know, we're starting to understand a podcast space, and I could see we're going to really get into a much serious, a much more serious kind of approach to this, where not only are we making much greater you know, art as far as the pod themselves go, but even just doing better business with it to where people can people want to organize under great business and they want to support great business. They want to support something successful so they could run into their friends that they was one of the earliest people on it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That's a big thing, especially in.
Speaker 1: My following sure, So I just I just think being there, man, it was it was eye opening and glad you came, bro, because like you needed to see what's going on so you can see what's possible, you know me, Because I still, like I said, we were so early in like we're not even in ninety two ninety three yet of the podcasting space. Like we're probably at like nineteen ninety maybe ninety one if we get lucky ninety one, we're not even to the boom of where deth Ro and bad Boy came and really expanded the game as two brands going crazy.
Speaker 3: I think we're in that year where Onyx won the Grammy instead of the Chronic where it was like that one paradigm had just about run its course and the other one was was just but it hadn't hit critical mass yet enough to be appreciated.
Speaker 2: I think a little bit before that, I think we are.
Speaker 1: Wa loses ice Cube, but yet they're about to drop you know, Niggas for Life and ice Cubes on the verse of dropping kill a Wheel or America's most you see public enemy. So this is how you think hip hop is going to go. Like you're looking at the pod spaces, You're like, oh, it's gonna go like this. But you are on the eve of the Bad Boy and the Death Row moment where they just really redefine everything we knew about hip hop at that point and really took hip hop into a consistent space to compete with the greatest mediums and all of entertainment.
Speaker 2: At that point, you know what I mean, period, they was just.
Speaker 1: Competing, and it went from hip hop just competing with itself and having an occasional breakthrough to where every time music came out from these two labels, they were competing with every last facet of you know, the music business itself, like Innerscope was competing with Sony, you know what I'm saying, Like Doctor Dre Records was beating out you know, Suzanne Summers or you know what I mean, or Share or some shit, you know, I mean, it was a problem. And I think we're right before that. I think we're at that space in the podcast era where, like I said, where.
Speaker 2: You're seeing what's around the corner. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You don't see what's around the corner yet, but you could feel this coming. So I'm interested it was gonna happen, and I'm looking forward to pulling.
Speaker 2: This shit out for real.
Speaker 3: Absolutely good looking out for.
Speaker 1: Tuning into The note Seller's Podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West Coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and Not Hard Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah