Speaker 1: It makes them get a runny nose, a cold, sometimes a temperature or like the runs am I eating.
Speaker 2: I feel like there are all the symptoms I currently have. So funny, weird.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Okay, here we go, Welcome to the big Show. We have so much to discuss. What I was just looking off to the side on I swear it wasn't my television, it's my laptop. And I get to be in the same city as Charisa this weekend, and so I'm very excited. But it's also going to be chilly, so I keep looking at the weather because I know she's not to tell her what's going on.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast.
Speaker 3: We are so excited, obviously because we get to be in the same city, which in this particular case will be in Philadelphia. And you know the last time we were in Philadelphia together for an NFC Championship game. Yeah, yeah, it was really bad for me. It was we went to yoga was so amazing. I was going through something really terrible and Fox was so incredible and they flew me to Philly just so I could be with you. Because they knew that would make me happy and I would be comforted by just being with you. We went to a yoga class. I wasn't doing anything on TV. I just was with you and it did. It made me feel so much better and I love Fox for that. But yeah, and ten years later, whatever I cooled.
Speaker 1: Down on hot yoga, we went to a sculpt, a hot sculpt, and we did a cool down and it was an acoustic version of dancing in the darget And I remember Chris and I looking at each other in Berlin. I'm bowling, the fuck is happening. It was all the fucking reels I was after that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So we are going back to Philly because it is the Commanders and the Eagles in the NFC Championship game. It is the Kansas City Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills in the AFC game that will be over on CBA. You were in Detroit for the divisional round, Lions, Commanders, go, all things, Jada and Daniels, game, atmosphere, all of it.
Speaker 1: Girl, I had not met him, and I'm so had you met him? I have no I've met him, yeah, because we did a Thursday night game. But I don't know him. I have never done a sit down with him, but I feel like you know him from wit and like hearing everything Andrew Whitworth has said about him, and like the LSU ties LSU. I go and do a sit down with him on Thursday. Hadn't been to the Commander's facility in years. I think the last time I did is sit down there was with Kirk Cousins. Wow, times have changed, Carissa. I called Jarrett after that interview and I said, I would like Maxdell to be just like Jada and Daniels. He is so calm, cool. This is a rookie. He doesn't need to know who I am, comes over, gives me a giant hug and was like, finally, finally we get you guys. I've been asking when we were going to get the crew and it's like you stop. It sits down, gorgeous, smile, listens, is so humble. All the shit you I'm saying right now is what everybody's been saying all week. Doesn't get rattled. Just a good I want to say, good boy because I'm one hundred years old. Loves his parents, loves his coaches. Is walking little things like this, walking out of the facility of the commander's facility, which is now his. He is the face, he will be the face for the next twenty years. God willing and holding his gatorades, holding his stuff, walking out with his little beanie on Okay, good to meet you again. See you on Saturday. Like stop as he's walking out to his car. Can't take it, can't take it. Really everything everybody said and more waited for him after Ronaldi's interview because I just wanted to give him a hug, sat there and listened and said, thank you again for this sit down. Okay, see you next week, Like just no, no, no.
Speaker 3: And isn't that We talk a lot on here and rightfully so, because it's our profession and about this is much more than a job, right for us, and we like watching those games, like I didn't want the Rams to lose, and I didn't want the Lions to lose, like I didn't want anyone to lose.
Speaker 1: They to lose, like.
Speaker 2: Hurts my heart because I loved him so much. I don't want Josh to lose.
Speaker 3: I know, come up and give Josh a hug, and he just has been a smile, like I don't know, I just don't want any of these people to lose.
Speaker 2: I understand it's part of the game. We get it.
Speaker 3: When you meet guys like Jayden or have those relationships, you know, even if it's a new relationship, you're just like you root for the individual, sometimes even more than the team, and so when the team loses, you're like, fuck, but that's good to hear. I'm so happy. What an amazing thing for that fan base too. We talked about it where it's like, you know, growing up in Seattle, we had never got to root for the Seahawks. They were not good, and so when they're good, when they brings the whole town together. And so Commanders fans have waited a long time and I know Lyons fans you're so close. But same thing with the Bills fans. It's like you imagine four straight Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Like losing that.
Speaker 3: Like, these are some fan bases that I'm so glad that there's some parody in the league where it is. I get it, the Chiefs are there, but hey, it's also fun. Yeah, it's also it's cool. It's cool to see something like that because very few times in your lifetime do you get to watch Dynasty. So yeah, it's gonna be great. So Philadelphia, it's gonna be cold. To Aaron's previous point, sho'll watch the weather report. I won't pay attention. But have you thought about it? Because now your outfits are like a real thing, like whether it's cold or whether you're indoors?
Speaker 2: Like what are we thinking? Can we give? We got it right over here? Oh you were right it on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's gonna be a backup in case we end up going like snow Globe, which was fun. I said, can you Yeah, you already got to live through that. I didn't get to do that yet. Like it's all about me, of course, forget you know, sa Quon, forget Jaden.
Speaker 2: It's about me.
Speaker 3: That looks so fucking insane yesterday. I may die for a snow game. What was your last snow game? I mean you've had a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, I just had one where it was like October and it started snowing at Lambeau. But I've never had like shoes, no way, never. You have never worked gave snowsuits this year and I can't get a snow game.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Why did I think I was like for sure, you've all the Green Bay trips you've had, You've never you've had a flurry, but not like a full on I've had situation.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a flurry, man, I hope that's the kids. I got to tell you leave in Detroit on Sunday morning. Oh, it's like a six thirty pickup. Like we all just were watching the Dan Campbell presser and he said it perfectly with you know, my God, love him and that team so much. These guys put their heart and soul into it, including the coaches, you know, and they're not going to be the same.
Speaker 2: Ben Official, is it gone?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: And Aaron Glenn, I hope he gets a job. And it just oh man, it was really real. And I remember leaving the stadium and they were just fans crying, and it was just like I was just going to ask.
Speaker 3: You, okay, So when you see it start to turn right after halftime, and it's like what was going on in the stadium and like what were you like saying the energy right out?
Speaker 1: Like right before the game. You know, we had pre taped the interview and and Kevin and TB were coming on and TV was just so pumped and He's like, this is awesome, this is so cool. It's cool to hear him get like that.
Speaker 2: But it really was.
Speaker 1: It was one of those that I was taking video because I was like, this is insane. Yeah, sucked the energy right out like a vacuum. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's as the.
Speaker 3: NFL doesn't matter if you're the one with that, you know, home field advantage. It's like on any given Sunday as the expression goes crazy.
Speaker 2: So here we are so as if you guys don't know, we are lucky enough.
Speaker 3: Fox has the super Bowl this year, so we are excited about that.
Speaker 2: That comes with all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: So we get to be together the NFC Championship Game and the super Bowl, super Bowl in New Orleans, all sorts of fun stuff planned there. But before that, what else do we have going on? You've been all over the place. I've been all over the place. Of course, you guys know all the devastation that's happened in Los Angeles with the fires. We appreciate you guys reaching out. We've kind of both been doing different things. I would love for you to expand upon what you and Kevin Burkharter doing with the Red Cross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, first of all, I mean, of course you're so devastated and heartbroken. The Monday before the fires, we had we did a podcast with Dean Blandino, which was so great, had such a great time, and I actually have had a couple of people say like, hey, just to give me a laugh.
Speaker 2: I listened to that.
Speaker 1: So if you have time and you want to go back and listen to it, it was great. It was good for guys and girls and just to give you a laugh and forget about what's going on in your life if you need a break. So yeah, So Kevin and I much like yourself, we're just like Jesus, what can we do? What can we get together? And we decided that we wanted to do. We wanted to pair with the Red Cross. We'll provide the link on the instagram on calm down and we are Basically it's a raffle. So you can donate five dollars, five cents, you can donate one hundred dollars, it doesn't matter it. And then it's also kind of like if you donate a couple of times, you have better chances, like a.
Speaker 2: Lot of you can you can do, you can do Okay, good, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Get on it to someone and that someone is going to get next year a game of their choice, two tickets, a behind the scenes experience, dinner with us the night before, which is a real time. That is a time for anyone that has well a lot of people haven't had that opportunity.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is a point.
Speaker 3: I would say, this is a really once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pregame, behind the scenes look and all that. So we're excited about that. I think we have like DAGs left for this, okay, and how can you do it? To people that will provide the link and then you, like I said, you don't have to. You can donate whatever you choose to donate. But the more times you donate, your chances are better of kind of being. It's like, think of the NBA and all the checks and like going to get the first round picks or the number one pick. So AnyWho, there's that and that you.
Speaker 2: Guys, holy shit, Yeah, and that's amazing.
Speaker 1: And all proceeds obviously goes to the Red Cross. Maybe I should say that as well. Yes, we're super pumped about that.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys should be very proud of your every every little bit helps I have the great privilege of going with Global Empowerment Mission and be strong. Bethany Frankel is doing incredible things. She is guys, we know she is wild and quirky and all these other things that she does.
Speaker 2: And she does these like fun reviews of different products.
Speaker 3: She's just like, if you don't know her, she's from the Real Housewives, but she's done.
Speaker 2: So much more outside of that show.
Speaker 3: But she pairs with Global Empowerment Mission, and it's basically into any area that has just experienced devastations. So they're in North Carolina. They were in Florida for the hurricanes. I mean, they've been in the Ukraine. It's really incredible to see how quickly they move in times of devastation.
Speaker 2: And so my parents are in town. They're visiting. And the first week I was.
Speaker 3: Traveling, I wasn't here when all the fires were happening, and I felt so terrible because my parents had come to visit. And then I was like, there's a lot going on. You guys, stay inside, you might have to evacuate. There was just kind of a lot of moving parts. We were very, very lucky, as you were, that we didn't have to evacuate in our houses are intact. I just you know, having a close friend who is going through this, right, I can't even begin to imagine what everyone's going through. But if you can help in any way. So my parents were like, let's do something. I said, I have a couple opportunities. They went out with me, and it was really nice to just you know, I know, sometimes like helping is like like, oh, it's only a little bit. Just anything you can do to help, whether it's don't you idea's time. We went out to the Pasadena area and we put together these care packages and then from the facility this Global Empowerment Mission and be Strong.
Speaker 2: You're at a big warehouse.
Speaker 3: You put together all of these packages and then you go out and you distribute them. Seeing these families pull up in their cars, some of them are living in their cars. There was like even these like little broke. I like started crying. There was a little boy who was asking for you know, sweats or undergarments and stuff because he didn't have anything.
Speaker 2: And then you ask the size.
Speaker 3: It's just anyways, the stories are endless. And that's the devastating part is that also too with this group, they were like sometimes you know, these relief missions, like you can get in and it gets cleaned up pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a long.
Speaker 3: Time, so if you guys can make sure that you Global Empowerment Mission, I will also include the details.
Speaker 2: If you're in the Los Angeles area and you.
Speaker 3: Want to donate, this is going to be going on for the next three months and you can go and volunteer your time.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Also, animals you guys know are new and dear to both Aaron and I his heart. So all proceeds that are all merchandise that you guys buy from the Ruby Ranch website will go directly to the Pasadena Humane Society and then also to the Equestrian Center, so we're distributing even lead there.
Speaker 2: So we'll include all that information.
Speaker 3: But just you know, when it hits so close to home, you realize that no one is exempt from something terrible like this, and anything you can do to help, and I might even be adopting a few goats. I'm going over to the Humane Society this week, and I know, I said to Tony, Sweet Tony who watches the Ranch, I said, what animals can we take? She said, any and all? But it just depends on how many we can get in a trailer. So I got to go figure out what I can do to help in that regard.
Speaker 2: But anyways, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, thinking of all of you guys that were affected and will just continue to help and support it any way that we can.
Speaker 1: So part of this point reading on the ticker, you know this team has donated this, the NFL has donated this, Fox has donated this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so proud of you guys. One hundred thousand dollars. That is very very cool. So also trying to find some a levity amidst hard times is what podcasts and things like what we're doing right now are poor. So Ryan are wonderful producer and Kurt they've got a couple of headlines.
Speaker 2: Do you want to jump into this? Oh yeah, let's go ahead, take it away. Okay.
Speaker 3: Lady five year old daughter next to me on the plane who offered to hold my screaming baby. Instead of judging me, she looked at me as I struggled and said, honey, I have five babies. Do you want me to hold her? It took her five minutes to calm Lilah down, and the next hour played with her five year old daughter laughing and having fun. If she ever sees this, thank you. If you're seeing this, be like her.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 3: I Steve always gets mad at me, But whenever I see a baby, whether it's on a plane or in a restaurant that's crying, I think that I am missus Doubtfire or missus Rachel, and I'm just gonna go right up exactly, Missus Rachel, you really are a mother.
Speaker 2: You are a mother there.
Speaker 3: You know what, there's a few times where I say my gal's a mom. That's one of them. Missus Rachel.
Speaker 1: Miss Rachel just signed a Netflix deal. Go girl, Miss Rachel.
Speaker 3: You should for you, Miss Rachel, Missus Rachel.
Speaker 2: Snap.
Speaker 3: So this actually happened to me at Christmas. We're in Chicago for our Thursday night game. We have whatever the twenty six Christmas Day. We're at the tavern anyone that knows Chicago, you know that little Gibson's Triangle used.
Speaker 2: To be the old something place Thompson Hotel.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we're in there and there's a mom and a dad and the mom I could tell she wants to drink that martini, but the martini is sitting on the table and she's holding the baby, and I go, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it Steve, and he goes, God, don't do it, don't do it. I go, I'm doing it. I walked right up to her and I go, can I hold your baby? She goes, oh my god, would you please?
Speaker 2: Turned out.
Speaker 3: For the next two and a half hours, tables pushed together. Mom and dad drank, had a good time. I watched the baby. Baby fell asleep in my arms. The table across the way from us kept looking over at me, judging my Judgerson's and I looked at.
Speaker 2: The mom and I was like, this table's judging me. She goes, who cares?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm not gonna steal the baby. This is her baby. She's fine with it. I had the best time. I get my fix, made that baby right back, and yeah, it's my thing. So if you are with children on a plane, I will gladly take them off your hands and babysit, or in a restaurant, so go for it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you like, no, you wouldn't want somebody to grab mac Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 2: You would. You would not be okay with a stranger grabbing him in a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Depend depends Mackie Babes is doing a funny thing. Was I felt like I was gone forever last week. I was gone probably for like five days.
Speaker 2: Looking at him.
Speaker 1: And when I was saying good night to him because we finally got to put him to bed last night, and he was looking at me like this, and I felt like we were doing a stare off and I just started cracking off and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, he goes back to sirius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she just started having bad breath, which is really interesting. Yeah, because he's getting the molars and then so there's a lot of saliva and like the blood and all that. And like this morning I went in to go say good morning, and here I am like, I'm a goddamn dragon. Like it's like stop, like and I'm judging my baby for his breath. And he was just like and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the dog has bad breath and you're like, yeah, we need to brush that bad boy. Imagine how painful getting your teeth is. Like, think about like when you have a toothache, like of any sort, You're like, oh, imagine like molars coming through.
Speaker 1: It makes him get a runny nose, a cold, sometimes a temperature or like the runs am I eating. I feel like there's all the symptoms I currently have. It's funny, weird. Yeah, Aniston, Oh yeah, but I guess they don't remember it, So that's good. Jenner for Anniston is loving her body at fifty five. We got to love our bodies. It's the best. It's doing the best it can. It's been with us since the day we started. So we can't be too hard on it, can I read? She said on Alert. I agree, I'm hard on mine, but who isn't. But she's right, and I appreciate someone like hers saying that.
Speaker 3: I think I've had a love hate Really, here's a New York Post headline. I've had self diagnosed eating disorders my whole life. I mean, let's be honest. I've gotten too skinny, I've gotten too fat, I've gotten and so I think ultimately it's like wherever you feel the most comfortable, like whatever, and obviously within you know, within range. But I hope people say to me all the time, like, oh, but you're too skinny. It's like no one because I.
Speaker 2: Was just too I was.
Speaker 3: I was thick for a while, and I liked that I was in that phase. But now I like being skinnier and I don't have as much muscles because I also don't work out as much as I used to, Like I used to work out every single day and I was fanatical about it. So I'm I'm at a comfortable place with like my body now. But everyone's gonna judge this is this is what I go back to. Here's a word of caution everybody out there. And I know that, like Taylor.
Speaker 2: Swift has said it and Lady Gaga said.
Speaker 3: It, like don't you don't get to comment on other people's bodies like it's their journey. Now, obviously there's healthy, there's unhealthy. There's various different things. I mean, God, when I was drinking too much, I was bloated and it was fat. Like there's just a million different reasons why somebody had fertility, Like who knows they're depressed, they're anxious, they can't eat, Like who knows what someone's going through. If you're a friend, you can obviously talk to them about it if you're concerned, But like the judgment of women's bodies is going to go on forever.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 3: That's just like the society we live in. But it sucks sometimes because it's like if you ever just ask the person like, oh are you happy? Like yeah, like okay, well then leave it alone. Everyone just thinks they get an opinion on everything. So I respect that for her. Can you imagine being in headlines her whole life, like on every US Weekly, on everything you do. I wonder how many covers Jennifer Andison has been on, not willingly like not like chosen Vogue or Allure or whatever, but liked lines. I mean, this has been going on for thirty years for this girl. Imagine going to the grocery store. Actually, you've probably had this. You've been on US Weekly. Have you ever went to the grocery store and seen yourself on a magazine?
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Do they still have magazines out?
Speaker 2: Sure? Do you have to have gone?
Speaker 3: No? Because if I were you and I knew I was on that fass magazine, I would grab the stack of magazines and I'd move them right to the front so everyone could see it.
Speaker 1: I'm not making the cover, That's the thing. I mean, you.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent have been on the cover of a magazine. Not really, maybe not really? Oh maybe a square? Is that her? Oh?
Speaker 1: She looks great. There was a woman that had her husband openly cheat on her on set. You know what, I hello, and she's Rachel Gray.
Speaker 2: No, God, she's great.
Speaker 3: God. Her wedding was that wedding picture of her and Brad Pitt and her hair was so long and that veil and then her smile. He looks great. Let's talk about someone that looks great. He's looking good.
Speaker 2: She looks bad.
Speaker 3: Daughter, she went, texts, Yeah, she did win, but you know, just in people celebrating people's bodies and looks at an older age. Daughter said text of parents living six hundred miles away. She wasn't prepared for their response. Brianna Lambert, a student at Kansas State University during finals week, posted this on her TikTok, a message to her.
Speaker 2: From her mom. Can you call to her mom? Can you call me when you are free please?
Speaker 3: Mom's response, yes, everything, Okay, we will show this so it makes it easier. They go back and forth. Yes, I'm feeling anxious and wanted to chat. Her mom ended up never making that call. Her mom and dad were headed to the university to see her. So in summary, this sweet girl just needed her mom and dad and they obviously got that from the message, and they showed up and they surprised her, and she was at a gym on a treadmill running as she turned around. And I will say this as my parents are in my backyard currently. Sometimes you just need your parents. And my parents come down and visit me, usually around this time of the year in January because it's dark and gloomy in Seattle, and they want to spend time with me. And I didn't you know, I left home when I was eighteen, much like you did. And so it's like my brother and sister get my parents all the time, like every family function, every birthday, every whatever. So it's really nice to have them here. And I never take for granted that my parents are people that not only are my parents and I love them as parents, but I like them as people like I'm Steve said to me today, he goes, are you going to miss your parents and they live tomorrow. I was like, yeah, I'm gonna miss my parents. I'm gonna tell you why because I came home and my mom did my laundry and I don't have to empty the dishwasher and food is made, and it's like sometimes it's nice to just have like feel like a kid again. Like I was kind of like not feeling great last night on the couch. My Mom's like, can I make you any souper or anything? And I was like, oh, that's so nice.
Speaker 1: So my dad, I love the past dishwasher stacker. He can stack and pas a dishwasher like it's an art. Also a trunk too, Like he's really good. Even Jarrett, who's you know, meticulous and kind of OCD about cleanly, and I was like, wow, Clark can really do a dishwasher. I'm like, really figure it out. It's like a goddamn jig stop puzzle over there. I'd be honest, that's one of my weakest things.
Speaker 2: I just throw it in. I don't. I don't comply with like the plate area. No sometimes.
Speaker 1: No compliance issues. I'm excited to check the weather one more time. Hold on, oh there she is.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I need I just need to feel.
Speaker 1: Like a front is coming through. No, not the front, all right, so you already have your outfit.
Speaker 3: I won't have my outfit until I show up in Philadelphia and figure out what you didn't wear.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: It'll be.
Speaker 3: A reuson coming, Julian Edelman, Charles Woodson, Gronk the Gay, Oh my god, this is going to be it.
Speaker 2: So here's a little backstory.
Speaker 3: You guys, we don't ever all get to be together in let's don't let it be together, But in this particular case we I'm gonna miss Shregs. I wis Shregs was coming and Mike, they're not coming, but we are excited that some of the pregame is going to be with Aaron on the road.
Speaker 2: So yay, yay.
Speaker 3: All right, so I got thank you guys either no, we got a lot coming up.
Speaker 2: We got a lot to be thankful for.
Speaker 3: Again, you guys donate where you can, and thank you for having some concern about us.
Speaker 2: And in addition to all of that.
Speaker 3: Remember as you go to bed at night, say how grateful you are for the things you have, because in an instant it can be on and it's just devastating what's happening in this community. But that's when you actually I got to say, this place has really showed up. It's really cool to see how people like all come together. And sometimes there's a lot of dissension in the world, but in times of crisis, you see how that there's a lot of good people out there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm also interested, like once our season kind of actually just to get this week over with because I'm available next week. I'd like to get out there and help out. And somebody was saying, you know, there's always a huge amount of support in the beginning, but it's always after, so I got to I get to figure out who I'm aligning myself with after to kind of just get out there and help people.
Speaker 3: I heard Kevin say that on the broadcast, and it's such a good point. It's like there's always that influx right at the beginning. But yeah, we'll do it together and we'll continue to help everyone that needs it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll do the best we can.
Speaker 3: Remember Red Cross Information, Yeah, we'll get that up and everything else that you guys can do to help.
Speaker 2: All Right, I love you, Thank you for being I love you. I love you, guys.
Speaker 1: Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.