Speaker 1: A media. So the following series is called Lessons from the Big Three. I will, if you don't already know, explain who these people are and why I feel like they have something to teach us about politics. I'm not going to go into it in this intro, but I do want to say that because you're going to hear about all of it through this whole thing. If you don't know what it is this moment in culture, you know, if I were conspiracy theory, build would be one that would make me to believe that you're trying to make us not pay.
Speaker 2: Attention to collects.
Speaker 1: But I ain't that conspiracy theory pild But also even our discussions of pop culture and things that we just find funny actually have a level of sophistication that we are going to draw out in this series. So Part one is just going to be an overall of some big picture stuff, like when you every once in a while when you have to zoom up ten thousand feet and be like, yo, what are we doing here? Part two has to do with our particular election and strategies that have to do with running for office. And then part three, oh, we got to go back to Israel and talk about he wasn't outside. Now, I recorded this as it was happening, and which means that some of this stuff will be old news. Part three is about Iran jumping into seemingly jumping into this Israeli war and then Iran saying, don't clap back, and then they actually clapped back. So it's which as today, which is four nineteen. You probably don't hear this that episode until May, but just know that it was recorded in time. And as you know, I'm so mature this year and so far ahead of y'all that I have to come back and record these intros. So lessons from the Big Three Part one. This is future me, not as in metro Bloom. In the future. I don't need to be corny like that.
Speaker 2: You get it, all right?
Speaker 1: Oh man? What I tell you about them cold fans. You can't argue with j Cole fans, there's no oh man, Big three. Yeah, there are some lessons that we can learn in this politics, y'all. All right. I was gonna sit here and talk about the abortion issues happening in Arizona and then ultimately what that what that means for the country and the state of mind our country is in which is not one that's not hard for any of us to understand. But when you when you're when you're so far into the weeds, it's it's really difficult to like peek your head out and get a get a some perspective. And that's what i want to do right now. Like I'm gonna use the Big Three, which was such a great diversion in some ways from the slow drift to oblivion that we're experiencing in our politics. And then it turned around and reminded me of the slow drift of oblivion into our politics. Sometimes sometimes the way my brain works could get a little annoying, but it's also why you listen to this podcast because how my brain works. We don't have many heroes as black men who choose to make the right decisions. Oftentimes it's because our heroes were assassinated or because they turn out to be diddy. I'm saying this because I'm laughing. I'm giggling at it because you have to understand, again, black people don't take much serious. And part of why we don't take a lot serious is it's really just trauma. You know, we just we it's pain, you know, it's hurtful. We The thing is, like I want to believe the best in Diddy, Like I want to believe that he's just a freak like that is like that none of this was actually he wasn't really like trafficking girls that they were all consensual. He just he's just he's just got kinks. That's what I want to believe, you know, And it's just probably not the case. So the best thing we could do is just make memes, especially at his man flying away looking like George Bush flying over Katrina like what is such? Peter Rest and any back in the hood at top Golf to try to show y'all like, Nigga, I ain't scared, come give me you know where I'm at. I'm in the hood right now, Like that's a real I'm in the hood right now. And then this in the midst of that, we get a patriotic Beyonce album, which was also a great breath of fresh air. From what I understand, they was passing out American flags at the at the listening party, and if you my boy Merse, you know, he's like this is a distraction, Like you trying to get black people uninvolved with politics. You're trying to turn it. Watch why Beyonce all of a sudden doing country music. You're trying to be You're trying to distract us from the struggle. I'm sorry, Merse, I ain't mean to do the voice like that because I mean, it's possible Nigga like you might be on the So I just don't think all these people court, I just don't think they that organized that. However, they are are coordinated enough to do that. But yeah, you're right, like if if the Feds raised your house and Nigga you at top Golf, then something else happening, you know what I'm saying. And if you could weaponize Beyonce, you know, if you if you could get her on your side, like Nigga, don't nobody care a little pump, you know what I'm saying. You know it was wearing a Maga hat. Don't nobody care about that. But you got yon where was Nigga? Like I'm not saying she would, but for her to be all patriotic on this book and maybe not patriotics, she just being she like country music, black music. I don't care what you say, which is true, you know, but obviously I don't want to smoke with the bay Hive. I have nothing negative to say. I'm just saying that this was a good break from all we've been going through and all we've been witnessing, you know, poor citizens of Palestine perience in Easter and Ramadan and like in rubble, like there's no how like what do we? What do you? This is Unlike it's one thing to be there, like obviously, you know, and it's one thing for us to like just know that as a nation like damn we who are we? Like? You know, and it's called again it's billed into our politics in the sense that like this is why a lot of people are, you know, voting uncommitted right as a way to say, like, nigga, don't just you can't just keep being cool with all this stuff, and Biden talking about he big mad. I'm big mad. I'm mad at you now, you know, but going over to the back get you whatever guns you won't, but I'm mad you better stop using them guns that I'm paying for it and giving you. So it's like niggas needed a break, and one of the great breaks we got. Oh man, this was so wonderful. First of all, before I get into this. I got to tell you how I came to it. I woke up and the board it and again, my nigga, merce, that's my boy. You should listen to his podcast, Best Rapper in La. It's like it's really a love letter to La merse goes Man. I was listening to this verse was Kendrick verse, and I was like, damn, why couse this and a white white dising ice Cube? Why is he dising? A big three man? He doing a mate, He's doing an amazing, amazing thing in basketball. And then he was like, you know, how I know I'm over forty like this? How I know I'm washed because I really thought he was talking about ice Cube and I'm giggling ha ha ha. But I also get it either. I had to scroll through the comments to realize what was going on. So let me catch you all up and then we're going to talk about what this has to do with abortion, politics and where we are as a nation.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Again, you have to understand that, I truly believe that, like the discourse, even in pop culture within the black and brown community is almost predictive. We are so equipped to understand politics. It's a very obviously it's the cornerstone of the show. There's a sophistication in this conversation that were about to discuss that I know most people wouldn't think about because it's just so fun. And I'm gonna get out to the fact that it's just fun because it's even fun for me, Like this is I mean, this is what I come from. I love all this. But anyway, there's a sophistication here, so it's not a stretch. It maybe I'm saying this to myself, it might feel like a stretch, but it's now among at least for the last decade, the leaders of the pack in like hip hop, hip hop, like rapping ass niggas. Obviously, Drake Drake's one of the biggest artists on Earth. And then there's Kendrick Lamar stratosphere, right, and then there's j Cole. Now obviously this is Big Shawn E Raser, which is really not fair because the nigga's amazing. If we were talking basketball, if we're talking Jordan, Kobe or Lebron that is obviously Steph Curry does that? You follow with me, Kendrick Drake Cole As if Big Sean don't exist. Now, if we're doing sheer numbers, Cole's not in the conversation. If we're doing sheer numbers, we're doing if we're just talking numbers, it's it's Drake and Kendrick. And even with that, it's like, uh, Drake's a pop artist. Like, let's not like he's a rapper. Don't get me wrong, a boy care rap. He's a pop artist, right, It's it's Michael Jackson and Prince right. Like, so I've said this even in my book, like that, I'm like that that I went the Prince route. Like I say this all the time, Like you could be Michael Jackson, you could be Prince, you could be Kendrick, or you could be Drake. It's the same principle. Like Drake's essentially a pop artist. But like it's not like it's not like he can't wrap his ass off. He's just he just makes catchy pop music. Kendrick's a different animal. He's the Compton kid, you know what I'm saying. He he makes what he makes and it's just so deep and powerful and good and resonant that like it just creeps to the top. So Kendrick has no Kendrick in a lot of ways. It's cut from a cloth that I'm cut from. He's of a different eraror. He's a disruptor. He's competitive, but he's very quiet. He don't be on Instagram. He pops out for his shows and then he goes home. He ain't got no big old entourage. He is a street nigga, but he real quiet, complete introvert. He's not flashy. Of course he got his of course he's not without scandal. He's not without his name. But it's just he don't be on the internet like that. He's a creative. He don't. You don't see him in no paparazzi. He's like, that's just not his life. He don't do that right. But he's never backed down from a battle. So whether we're talking about his Control verse, where he did basically fifty two bars and dissed everyone Big Sean Jay Electronica, like everyone calls himself the King of New York. Like I don't care, Like this is competition, nigga, Like get your bars up. I'm trying to raise the ball. I just want everybody to get dope, like come on full. He's the homie that's like you know this nigga right now, Like that's the running joke. This nigga right now is doing like you know, Cholo Prison Burpies at the park right now. He just I'm different, you feel me? He come from that. And then Drake has been like sort of like subliminally jabbing at Kendrick for years. Kendrick don't care Kendrick name's name, so his beet cipher verse was clearly about Drake. So with this this, I'm taking y'all back a while right during this time, I mean, this is before. This is when both of both Kendrick and j Cole had short hair, when they still had they still had fades. They were talking about at some point doing a tape together, doing the mixtape together, like they have been friends this whole time, right at least that's what it seems like, because in a lot of ways, Cole was on the same trajectory as Kendrick. This is more thinking man's music. You know, we're from the streets, but it's like we're trying to put good in the world. As an aside to Cole very much, he's a lot like Odyssey. I would like y'all to Google, take your time to go look up Odyssey and his music and his whole persona around like riding bikes everywhere, and his production just's Cole is clearly influenced by Odyssey, which is a great person to be influenced by. I'm a huge Odyssey fan anyway. So it was understood that they were, you know, friends, and I think us as fans wanted to picture these two guys that were like totally not like everybody else on the radio, you know, doing the things that they were doing as like, oh, this is dope, Like this is like the new gen at the time, is like this is a new era. And then there's Drake, who's just an international pretty boys star. Right. So eventually the fandoms developed ten years later and we got we've got our teams, We've got our arguments with this. This is now we're in the barbershop. We're arguing about who's the best. There is obviously a discussion around who are there's always gonna be like a top five, and essentially Cole was always kind of like kind of like third place when it came to this this you know, like he's but either way, these are the big three now. Cole acknowledges it on a song with Drake right in the songs called First Person Shooter. Okay, Cole acknowledges that like Okay, Kendrick, Drake, and Cole are essentially like the Big three, like the league that Ice Cube made, which was my confusion, and this was this was a song that they put out. And remember, as far as we know, Drake and Kendrick don't really get along. They just fundamentally see the world different. I'm gonna catch y'all love what happened in the past few weeks. Kendrick puts out a verse. He puts out a song. Well it's actually not even his song. It's a song with Metro Blooming and Future and they're just featuring Kendrick and the songs called like that and it's sampled Rodney Oh's Everlasting bass, So that's a Compton sample. Don da dun Dunt dunn dun don and then and it's a regular like it's a Future song, you know, and like remember Future got a whole tape with Drake. It's there's so much we don't know happening. And then Kendrick comes on and this ZGA was like I chose violence. He just starts ripping Drake to shreds, and in that there's these jabs at Cole, and the final jab is because Cole is the one that said we're the Big three. Kendrick goes, motherfuck the Big three, bitch, I'm the big Me. Ain't no big three nigga is me. You have to remember again, Kendrick has a history of being like nigga, this is hip hop. Like nah, fam nigga, you not as good as me, because like, stop talking about Big three. No, we not equals me and you are not the same. Homeboy. This nigga Drake talking about he walking around with the stick, nigga, you not three stacks? Meant basically like your stick is like a flute. Cause that's all these these sightings of Andre three thousand walking around New York and he's got a flute, and then he put out the Flute album. So he's like, you don't walk around with the stick. You not three stacks. So he's so he's like, even if you were walking around nigga is a flute, You're not a street nigga. Like, you not hard, you're not tough. Stop rapping like you tough and cale nigga, We are not the same, So go ahead of the songs all like that, right, Internet blows up because listen, we haven't had a real rap beef in a while.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You might be traumatized from the biggiea Tupac era where niggas died over over a rap beef. Now that hasn't happened at that scale since then. There's been rappers that have died over beef, but a lot of shit had more to do with the streets than anything. Right, But rap beefs have been glorious. They have been things in the history of hip hop that have been have pumped life into the culture. It has helped everybody sell more records and it gets us talking, right. There was the famous Nas and jay Z beef with the Ether and and and the beef went for a while and then obviously they squashed it. Right then there was other beefs that y'all remember that that y'all remember with you know, Drake and Meek Mill. There was Drake and push a te and even with Cole it was calling no name, you know what I'm saying, Like he apologized or let me let me fast forward. Wait, wait, let me wait. So there was Nikki and what's all girls name Megan? You know what I'm saying. Like rap beef is ah Cardian, it was Cardian Nikki for a while. Like rap beef is a thing. Sometimes it's personal, sometimes it's all made up. Sometimes it's wwe. But sometimes it's like nigga, we really don't like each other. But the point is you take it to the studio and it's like song for song, bar for bar, let's go, let's do it. I mean you look at like the King of the Dot in the u r LS, Like there are like rap battle leagues to where it's like we're like like we're friends. It's just I'm gonna murder you on this song because that's how we do nigga. Get your bars up, you feel me. So this is why Cole is in album mode. Now here's the thing. The the running thing with between Kendrick and Drake is that Drake as for cars. We're concerned. Drake really only punches down towards the direction that he thinks is actually like he he don't want it with the compter Kid. He never goes. It's always kind of like sly kind of maybe things he don't want it with the compter he'll take it to anybody. He took it to push a t you know, he took it to meet Mill but he not gonna take it. And Kendrick's the one that's like, Nigga, I'm here, let's go, Nigga, run it, but he won't do it. So and the verse is mostly about Drake. Drake ghos Okay, I'm gonna get it to the there's I have a theory about Drake's corniness because guys like he's he's objectively corny, like he's objectively successful. Don't get me wrong. If we all understand he is a megastar. Like, listen, I'm saying this recording on my one studio mic in Boyle Heights, Nigga, I don't have mansions in multiple countries. Okay, So like, don't listen to me, nigga. But some of this shit is corny. So but anyway, what should have happened if this is hip hop's Drake should have had his going back to back ready, you know what I'm saying. No, the six God is watching, he should have where your verse at. And as of today, the fact that he still hasn't responded, while Cole has responded and retracted. The response is the most drake thing ever. That's what the homie DJ had said. And I was like, Nigga, yes, Cole said, his phone was blowing up that like this nigga dissedant, like it's supposed to be a hummy. And here's what's funny. This is what This is why I say, okay argue with Ja cole Fanz because j cole fans was like, what, no, like they're friends, Like no, no, no, no, he didn't mean it like no one their friends. Because I feel like we all know no one wants it with the Compton kid. But if he throws some shots like that, you have to respond. You have to respond. This is hip hop. Cole was in album mode. He was about to drop his album I Delete Later and and look and the album got APPS Soul on it. In Daylight. These are two like West Coast like Legends. Apps Soul is part of Top Dog, like that's TDE like this is Crewe that's black hippie like their crew. And for the most part, Cole snapped on the record. So then he puts a song on this record called seven Minute Drill, and it was the response to Kendrick and Apparently the term seven minute drill is it's from like it's like a basketball thing to where it's like, okay, here's the topic. You got seven minutes, write it right, So that's why he calls it seven minute drill. So it's like I have to respond. So he writes the rap and y'all it was mid but again, as you know, you can't argue with J cole fans. They was like it was trending on Twitter or x it was Cole one Kendrick zero cold up one zero. It's like, first of all, it's impossible because Cole was at first anyway, you can't argue with J cole fans, and even the disses he was saying, like nobody agreed. He was like, your first record was classic. Second record was tragic and like it put people to sleep. He's talking about to Pimple Butterfly and like everybody's like, no, that's wrong. The album was amazing. It was a jazz influenced trap hip hop album. That's the one that's got we Gonna be all Right, Nikka, we Gonna be all right. That's on that record, Like, what are you talking about? That's got King Kunta, you know, bitch, where you when I was walking Now, I run a game, got the whole world talking King Cuta like that's got, that's got. I love myself like that record didn't What are you talking about? The record was amazing, that's false. And then he was like, Yo, this is just a warning shot, like you don't want it with me. I got shooters in the streets, blah blah blah. And it was like, I personally now put in my bone opinion as a moving away from the narrative, my own opinion, I expected more from Cole to be honest with you. He was in a very precarious position because again, you don't want it with the comp to kid. Secondly, you really have to come with it, but you have to come with it at a particular angle because you're not gonna go bar for Barwick Kendrick. I think it's the it's the thing that nobody wants to say. It's that you may like this dude more than the other one, but it's it's like Eminem, it's like you you don't don't battle him. I know, it's like it seems corny right now to say that about Eminem because he's like a meme you know, put in a hand, seeing which out the damn cabinet, like it's funny now but like his in his era, like sheesh anyway, And if Cole's like I just caught a stray bro like that wasn't even a wasn't even about me, Like why you come after me? But you but you can't. But it's hip hop. You gotta respond, he said. Boz's blowing up his phone like you gotta do something. He's like, album probably done. It's the last song on the album. You gotta do it, and it was mid And my opinion is, how do you approach how do you approach this? Well, what you say this is me as a rap of a rapper, This is proba being a rapper. If it were me and I were cold, Okay, I'm not cold, And if Kendrick were to diss me, I'd be like, wonderful. Now I'm a star. Nigga. You know what I'm saying, Cause like niggas don't why if y'all don't know me, you know what I'm saying, Like nobody knows me, Like if that would put me on the map, I'm just kidding. If you're cold, what you in my opinion is you. You approach it more like you're like, don't bring me into this. What is this? What is this thing between you and Drake? Like, Nigga, y'all deal with that, like I ain't got shit to do with that. You talk about you. You approach it in a very in a cold like fashion and be like, nigga, go get some therapy. What is this insecurity? That I complimented you? And your response is like this, like what what? What fear do you have? What inadequacy? What imposter syndrome is going on in your heart? Like what's wrong with your heart in that you can't even take a compliment my nigga? Like, nigga, you're you're so insecure? Why are you so insecure? Nigga, we're friends. Fucks your problem? Like that? To me, if I were to write a disk and I was called, I would approach it like that, like, nigga, what is your problem? What is not enough for you? Why is this not enough? Are you not happy? Are you not happy with your success? Nigga, go get therapy? Like That's what I would say. That would be my response, and it would be a dis about his mental health. Yo, say because you ain't gonna go bar for bar right like I do I scare you? Does me hitting my hitting my strides? Does that scare you? Like? Do I make you nervous? Because you didn't? You don't need to take shots at me? And that be if you got his with him, you being real, Like that's real Caddy to be like, oh, if you're friends with him, you can't be friends with me, like Nigga, come on like this ain't like ain't you a grown ass man with two kids? Like Nigga, I heard your last record where Nigga you you've cheated on your wife? Nigga like and you had to go get therapy because like I like, what do you? What the fuck are you talking about? Like I don't want But instead he tried to go like I got the shooters and then he made some like transphobic responses and it was like weird. So the song was out and then in promotion of the album, a few days later, he was on Amazon Prime Live doing his concert and then he apologizes for putting the song out. He was like, man, I regret it. People were it didn't sit right with me, like I was losing sleep, and he goes it made me realize, like how good I was sleeping over the past ten years. He's like, man, this is the lamest shit I've ever done in my life. This shit is so corny, like I stepped out of my character, I walked away from my vision. Like I'm not even like that. I think Kendrick's one of the greatest rappers of all time. So he's like, man, say whatever you want to say, Like I'll leave with my chin. You know what I'm saying. Say say whatever you gotta say, nigga, Like this shit is stupid, Like I'm pulling it off the album, Like I apologize, man, like I shouldn't have. I didn't sit right with me as a man, and it shocked the world because you did you just nigga? Did you just just apologize right now? Did you what? Nigga? What what? Here's where the metaphor comes in because the culture's torn, because here's the reality. That is a stand up thing to do. That's a real nigga move. This don't feel right for who I am, and I'm not gonna let you move me off my square? What are we even doing here? I don't even not on top of all that, you wasn't even talking to me. You was really talking to Drake. I just let my friends get in my ear. That's actually like, that's great. And Nigga, did you just a pop? This is the lamest shit I've ever seen in my life. No, that's the lamest shit I ever seen. It's what are you talking about? It's just it's rap. What you need to apologize for is how mad diverse was Nigga, Like, this is the fact that you rushed it, Like that's so so like I and and it's like I think, I think. This is what I think about. I think about. You're out at a bar with your lady with your boot, like I'm talking men stuff, man and stuff shit like sis, gendered masculinity, testosterone, traditional manshit. Like, forget all that I know about intersectionality and masculine infeminine, forget all of it. I'm just talking traditional manshit. You're at the bar and some drunk dude is pushing up on your lady, okay, and being out of pocket and being disrespectful. The correct thing to do is this nigga's drunk. Check on your wife. Check on your lady. Is she cool? Is she just annoyed? Then you just asked this man politely, like, hey, bro, like you know, hey, we're on a date, like, you know, can you kindly give us some space? Man? Let me let me you know, hey, let me buy you another drink. You know what I'm saying, and like and you you you de escalate the situation. You know, you're not a punk, like I'm gonna masking you kindly. You know what I'm saying, Like, yo, you got chilled. And if it gets too wild, if he's like too belligerent, it's like and your lady is like, yo, let's just go somewhere else. You're supposed to choose her. That's the right thing. Two dude or nigga, I slapped a taste out your mouth. If you don't go sit your drunk ass down somewhere, you or I fire on you because no, brod did you just you you were super distret I'm a fire on you. I'm gonna stand you up and then make you apologize to my lady. We fighting right right wrong? But right? Who are we? What are we? What are we doing right now? I saw a TikTok that wull talking about how bell Hooks ruined us, like that Belle Hooks because never before I understood what toxic masculinity meant, before I understood about mental health, ain't nowhere in the world. I'm apologizing in a battle number one because I know it's just a battle. We're not This is not personal. I know he doesn't really mean this, and if he does, then that's his problem. This is a sport, right where this is fun, like boxing fighting like when we was kids. It's crazy, but like when we was kids, fighting was fun. So we're having fun and at the end of it. I could pick you up and be like, yo, that was dumped out I respect. It's a compliment that you think enough of me to try to throw jabs at me. That means I'm worth your time, all right, Well, out of respect for you, I'm gonna throw some jabs back, and I'm gonna throw some haymakers. I'm gonna give you my all. Or maybe we have an asinine view of ourselves and we shouldn't be like this. Maybe the things that we're saying about each other is petty and pitiful. I don't really think these things about you, so then why would I say that I am very happy with who I am. I just want to write rap songs now as a side notice, like we'll call all that tough talk is done now because like, well, I mean what am I? I can't listen to you talk about how you got killers in the streets no more when you had a chance and you apologize, Like so it's almost like the k fab has been ruined? You do you feel me? That being said, this is a question about like what guys, what are we doing? Like what do what? What's what are we doing? Like Ed Weird, I stand in the same place that most of the college is in. We are up to minds where part of us is like actually, I mean that's a pretty stand up dude. That's actually like that's pretty dope. Like he's stood on this square. He didn't want to, you know, go against his own integrity. It's great. And the other part is like Nigga is the corny and shit I've ever seen in my life? Like did you just apologize? Nigga? Just what are you talking about? Spit bars, nigga rap nigga? What? I guess the debate's over, Nigga. Kendrick won. But again, you can't argue with Jay cole fans because j cole fans went from being like Chris Dugger was spitting bars. Kendrick don't want it to like, oh you see put the kofee on it became hoteps. It's because it's because cold is healthy. He's well, you know, and like non Kendrick Kendrick. It issues like, look, Cole did the right thing. So no matter what Cole do, he spit bars. Yeah, you're not mad at the bars. Okay, No, you know that's the right thing to do. I like that. That's the type of fandom you won't he got that. He got that trunk fandom, whereas like Nigga can do no wrong, and the thing is it's gonna stick with him forever. Maybe I don't know, but like the point is, it's like I like, I'm I'm torn because what, like what do we? Who are we? There's this reckoning happening I think among hip hop period, because if you're telling me that Puffy had these gangster ass New York dudes filling niggas talking about how they got guns in the streets and how they run, and you had them in your house having sex with other men and theirs and these men are supposed to be straight and you have them for their careers. When I hear Mick Mill say, man, I hope the streets forgive me for what I did with Diddy, Like I'm like, whoa is that really? Is that what you were saying? What is this?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: Are y'all just act like? Is this not real? Is none of it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: None of this real? We're like, is Kendrick is West Coast? At least on the West Coast? And We're like, are we the only real? Because we know Nitsy, We we knew him, we know we know Mazi, we know Kate like we know school Boy. This nigga is Hoover like he been out. We know these niggas, so like we know why we know y g Like, so their stories are true because they've been cooborated. You telling me, y'all was y'all was at Public's party and there's cameras and now cole out here like your life not in danger? He just basically said, like Kendrick just said that he's a better rapper than you, and you couldn't respond with no, you're not, I'm better, Like you couldn't or are we moving to a place as a culture to where it's like nah, mental health is really important. Maybe this nigga is starting. Who knows, We don't know. The question is what are we even doing? Like what's happening right now? Now? That is the question that's interesting about our politics. Let's talk about it next. That was a long way around, right, But the question is and what really reminded me of all this is the Arizona abortion law and Trump's response to that, and really statistically speaking, where seventy five, like the vast majority of Americans actually sits. It's like, like, what what are we doing? You know, like why, why is this? What's happening right now? We got an election coming up that that's I'm not gonna be all extra and be like the most important election of our lives. I'm not gonna be extra like that, because the truth is anything can happen. I'm reading a book about about actual nuclear war where they where they play out this. It's actually a super interesting book. It's called Nuclear War. A Scenario is written by Annie Jacobson where she runs a scenario of like, if let's just say North Korea just out the blue decides to shoot a nucadus, we essentially have like twenty four minutes to figure out what we're gonna do, and and really that could happen at any moment, at any time, at all times. We could get so there's like anything could happen. Coast of California could blow up in the next second, Like is this the most important election? Any election could be the most important election. But what are we talking about? So in Arizona, once Roe v. Wade was overturned, Okay, that meant that rules about abortion get kicked down to the states, right, so the states get to choose what they do. And that's all the drama that we've been experiencing over the last couple years and all the midterm elections and how a lot of states Republicans lost their seats. It was in a lot of ways over this. But in Arizona when this happened, there was the state Supreme Court was like, all right, you could do a fifteen you could do it up to fifteen weeks. And that's based on one of their lower courts like interpretation of the law. Basically, you don't have a federal constitutional right to an abortion, but it doesn't mean you can't get one. And we're saying, according to our laws, anything past fifteen weeks is off limits. Now, when you go into the Arizona archives, there was a law like from the Civil War era. You heard me, right, a law from the Civil War era that is, I mean it's old than Arizona itself. Like this was a law before Arizona was a state. This law was put in place. It says that all abortions are off limits except for when the mother's life is threatened. So there was an anti abortion doctor out there that was like asking for clarity. That's basically like, yo, is this still law? Because if this is still law, then you can't have another one that just happened. This means that this the oldest abortion law in all the country. No exceptions for rape or incests, and if you perform an abortion you go into two to five years in the prison. That's that's the law. Now, they did a few weeks stay on this before it goes and it goes into full effects. Say like, okay, this is what we're saying. You're right that law supersedes the other one. But hold on a second, befo, y'all start getting active. So this is where we are now. The top of the Republican ticket that the head honcho, the top got is Trump, as we know, right, So if anything you would be one would think you'd be like, yo, score one for the squad, you feel me? And then Trump put out his official statement. What they wanted him to say is he's anti abortion, but that's not what he said. He said, I was never for a federal abortion fan band. I think this should be up to the states.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: And the way that he was saying is you listen to me. He said, it's just not a winning topic. The people don't want that. And one hundred he's saying the quiet thing out loud. That's crazy because first off, he's right. The Supreme Court justice is that he put owned the Supreme Court is what scored. That was the long game. Remember we talked about this with moneymaker Mitch, with Lord Vader over there. You know what I'm saying. The move the whole time, I mean, that was the game. The whole time was ending Rov. That was the law. That was the play the whole time the play was ending Roe v. Wade. That was the play the whole time. Why these people plugged, they nose and put this man in office was to get was to get to this point, was to get a ban on abortion, Rovi Wade got overturned, which basically means isn't a ban on abortion. It's saying you don't have a federal right to one. It's different. According to them, we not cross the finish line. And now your man, who you made disagreement with, who done broke your party, you feel me, is on the top of it. And he like, I mean I was never really for that, basically, he was like, I just I was here for the check. Y'all needed me to do this, I do, But like it should be up to the state decide. We shouldn't really be talking about this anyway. People don't really want it. And if you, if you're Arizona, you like this motherfucker fool I We was down the line for you last election, so okay, but I mean thank you, right, I mean that's that's what we think too. But like, Bro, like we just trying to do our part, were putting it in work. What this has to do with the Big three is who are we? Like, what are we do? Like we're so far into the weeds that like, Bro, this tit for tat was so important to you that you was willing to pull a law out of the Western territories, nigga out of the Civil War, like the principle, the principle, the point of the thing is so important to you, right the point of it. That is what we call being lost in the sauce. Y'all lost in the sauce, like you if it's like that now on the left, the kids won't let us get lost in the sauce. They won't let us just be worried about no wording. They about that action, They like, no stick to the point. You're runner, the midle centrist democrat is just saying, you just want to hear the word cease fire. Okay, that means you not listening to the kids, bro, because the kids get the point right right are y'all? Y'all seeing these college protests, they they like, look, whatever coming out your mouth is one thing. What we saying is die best. Stop spending our money. This is the point. Stop spending our money on this. I don't want my college tuition to go to this. Nigga. Y'all can't shut us up like the schools is blow white because they get the point. The kids get the point. Prout you're talking about. I just want you to say the word ceasefire. I don't care. I don't care if you say it.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 1: That's the point. Do the thing. I don't care what speech you make. I don't care about your grandstanding. I don't care about you, you know, getting clout on the TV. You can't tell BB what to do.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Stop selling them weapons, Stop spending my money on the genocide, nigga, that's the point. But if you just want, if y'all just want people to say ceasefire, you tripping, just say ceasefire, Like no, I don't care if you say it, do the thing. If the American position was when you're ready to be reasonable, when you're ready to actually treat these other people like humans, then we'll talk. I will. What I really want is for you to just like, y'all need to break up completely, because like, I don't understand why you keep supporting this, Like you shouldn't be a part of this at all. But I will live with as because I understand geopolitics. I live with y'all being like, Okay, start being reasonable, that's your boy. I get it. When you become reasonable, we'll talk again. But until then, nigga, like, I don't I don't got shit to do with this, that blood is on your hand, those none of that are the words cease fire, because I understand the point. What are we doing? Are we arguing? Like? What am I fight? What are we doing? Like you're telling me that this issue of a boy is so important to you that despite all clear medical understanding since the eighteen hundreds, all that we know about the reproductives, all that we know about the human body, all we understand all of the ways that shit can go sideways, of all the ways, all the ways that shit could go sideway, You're telling me the only the only exception, only exception, right, is if the mother's life is in danger. And then to top it all off, you got to define what in danger means. If I were to even slip in today's shoes, I would be like, Yo, what are we doing? Like if we believe abortion's murder, then they know? Then what is this exception? Like then what are y'all doing? Then? Like you have stepping on what you believe? And like what do we do? Is this is this about the mother? Is this is this about the child?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is this is this really what we talk about here? What do we really what are we talking about? Here is this about owning the libs? Like, is that is that really all we Is that what we're doing, like the whole libs of TikTok, you're just getting your bars off you. You're of to minds, right listen, in the same way. That's why I'm trying to say, like, this is what I'm learning from this, from this ja cult thing. I am of to minds and I'm pretty sure you are too, because yes, absolutely, if you're if you, if your stance is constantly answered the boys, you're like, yes, absolutely, it is about this. What the fuck are you talking about? Like you're looking at cold like, nigga, spit your bars? What the fuck are you? Yes, nigga, it's about that. Kendrick is right now personally, yeah, Kendrick is right. But anyway, but for this position, I get it. And yes, nigga, yes, you need to your and again as a progressive, get on the stage you call yourself the leader of the free world and say the words cease fire. Yes, fool, yes it is about that. And I'm not gonna argue with you semantics. It's like Cole being wise enough to jump out for himself and say, like, what what's the point, Like what what am I am? I just trying to please the homies? And if your politics is really you just trying to please the homies because because that's what you're supposed to do, I think you missing the point. If you just if you feel like you can't vote for certain things because the Homi's gonna get mad at you, you missing the point Cuz I wonder if I wonder if I wonder if that's what I'm learning from the Big Three from this whole situation, is like, maybe I'm missing the point because I'm I'm like, I'm of two minds. I wish Cole would have just came with it but did it the way I suggested. But like, but also, man, that's super kind of right though. It's how everybody felt about Andre's flute album. Let's just be real. I'm really mad at him that he did a rap. I'm also very proud of him for being who he is and understanding that that's the record he wanted to make. I like, what are we doing? And who? Who am I to be mad at him? I don't even know that guy? What are we talking about? What are you actually voting for?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? What are we doing, guys when you look at the actual breakdown of the political stances of our kind. Saying this, even in my own to my own detriment, seventy five percent of the country somewhere around that is basically America's center left. Like we're essentially America just wants to go to brunch, you want to not think about government. That's honestly, the reality is that's where most America is. You're and in a lot of ways, because of the vocabulary and because of the the wwe of it all, we can't jump out and be like, Damn Cole did something for his own mental health. That's because he's actually a person and rap's not real, right, So, But at the same time, I'm like, but Kendrick's the goat and nigga, this is rap, and that's what you do in rap. You know what I'm saying, He is the most of the country. If you say I feel like there is a certain amount of taxes that I should pay for our shared infrastructure, I get it, Like somebody needs to pay for you know, the streets and the lights and the fire department, and like I get it, like, yeah, I should, I should pay something it shouldn't be exorbit but like it shouldn't be gone at all, Like I get it. Hey, if a little bit of my check goes to making sure that you see this homeless population, man, it sucks. I hope that. I hope they get resources and you know, and there's families out here that may need a little bit of extra, you know, to help them out, like if they don't make enough to be able to Yeah, it's fine, man, Yeah I help them out. Dude, Like, what's wrong with them having a situation when people starre? Man, what's wrong with them having some sort of program that will hey, you know, we'll help with the short falls. That's called welfare. Welfare. No, it's because you's just it's just because you use the word welfare. If you don't use the word welfare, most people are like, yeah, it's just helping the poor, Like yeah, you should, we should, we should do that, right. Yeah, most people are like that. Most people believe in like body autonomy, where it's like, look, dude, like I know my body, Like I you know, like if I think no, if I think that this is detriment, like I should be able to make that decision for myself, not the courts. I should have the right to be able to so even to follow my own heart. Like, if I don't believe in abortion, then I'm not gonna get one, you know what I'm saying, Like most people think that I'm not saying everybody is, but most of the countries, Like I have a personal, you know more be moral objection to it, but I understand that there are situations that are beyond our control and sometimes a person should have the right to be able to. I don't believe in it, but they should have a right. That's like most people or most people just think you should be able to. Most people think that healthcare shouldn't cost what it costs, right, and most people think we shouldn't be dropping bombs in other countries. You want to live safe, you know. You know what I'm saying. You're like, yeah, you know. It's like you're not gonna you're not gonna argue for open borders if you will. But it's like, but dude, like if people come, there should be like a reasonable process to become a citizen in America, Like yeah, that's fine. Guns, Like yeah, yeah, like you should there should be Yeah, you have a right to it, but like everybody shouldn't have one. Most people are generally there. Just hey, be responsible, do your part. I hope everybody's okay. Then, Yo, how come our politics don't reflect that? How come the how come those aren't the people that we put in on cameras? And what are we doing? Who?
Speaker 2: Like? Who?
Speaker 1: Who are we? I think that's what we learned from the Big Three? Like who are we? And the archetypes aren't Kindrick and Cole because we're both that in the sense that it is hip hop. You're supposed to like somebody trying to battle, you're supposed to battle back. But also it's it's also just hip hop. We are human, we're men, we're fathers, we're husbands, we're wives, and like, there is way more to life than than this. And I'm not voting just to please the homies. I don't want to score any points for my team. That's ridiculous. I'm voting to build a bigger and better world. So I say that to say to all of y'all, you don't want it with the counter kid, and as annoying as the next six months are about to be, keep your head about you, okay. And when I say keep your head about you don't allow yourself to fall into the tea of it all. Stick to what matters. I'm going to say, the dignity of humans everywhere. That's what I'm gonna say. And I'm going to do something when I go into that ballot box and when I make my decisions and when I try to understand what's happening in front of me. Yes, descending to the particulars, but most importantly, remember that this is about human flourishing and I don't need to score points on nobody said he politics. Y'all all right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited and mastered by your boy Matt ol South. He killing the beat softly. Check out his website Matdowsofski dot com. I'm a spelling for you because I know M A T T O s O w s ki dot com Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and overly matdow Sowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.