Speaker 1: Hey, we got Back to Back Classics for you. It's Brooke and Jeffrey. Thanks so much for being part of our podcast. We really appreciate it. And if you can subscribe, yep, he's really blow us out of the water.
Speaker 2: It goes a long way, it really does.
Speaker 1: So thank you again. And before we get to your Back to Back Classics episode that happens every Saturday, let's read some comments.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Hannah in Montana say not not Hannah Montana.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately I follow, but close second.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get my son to take a nap for hours and I finally put on your podcast and he fell asleep within the first minute.
Speaker 2: All jokes aside.
Speaker 3: He's a year and a half old and we listen to your shows together every day of his life. So I guess you guys are the stream just lullaby?
Speaker 1: Now? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wonder what segment was playing the.
Speaker 3: First minute of the show, so sho collar question of the day. I don't even think they finished this intro right now? Yeah, hey, thank you for being here. In whatever way you listen. It's your back to back classic.
Speaker 2: Good morning or good night?
Speaker 1: Yeah right now.
Speaker 2: You know there's a lot of talk about RIZ right now. Oh yeah, like producer boys, risen baddies again. Look out he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, somebody does.
Speaker 2: Using it the wrong context. And we tend to think RIZ is all about saying the smooth line and acting confident it is, but we have proof it's actually way easier than that.
Speaker 1: Oh easy, You're gonna hack RIZ right now?
Speaker 2: Is one of our listeners had women literally flocking to him all night because of one subtle change that he made to his wardrobe. Ah made him an instant rizzler. You're gonna find out in a second date update.
Speaker 1: Next Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 2: You know those axe body spray commercials where some lanky guy sprays a little bit of axe on his shirt and then immediately thousands of gorgeous women start flocking to him from miles around.
Speaker 4: You made the axe documentaries you watch, Well, yeah, I tried that and didn't get any hot models running up.
Speaker 2: But a few sick cats did come by and cough hairballs onto my doorsteps, So that's something okay. But apparently there is a trick that men can do to make random women want to come up and approach you out in public.
Speaker 1: You don't want to talk to him, You just want the free drink.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners tried it out. His name is Mark, so let's talk to him about it. Mark. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got quite the voice. Mark. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Is that your trick?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 2: You just talk?
Speaker 5: No? No, there's a little bit more to it than that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't want to take all the credit for this one, but I was let in on a little secret, and believe it or not, it actually worked in my experience.
Speaker 1: Okay, so even before you did.
Speaker 5: It, I was I didn't think it was going to be that easy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh wow, it's easy now easy. Well, we have to know what this is. Can you tell us about it.
Speaker 5: A friend of mine, a female co worker, she's given me some advice. She said, the secret to get them to approach you is to just wear a pink shirt.
Speaker 1: I could see this.
Speaker 5: And apparently it's just enough of a warmth collar that it gives off approachability. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Immediately say secure masculine guys.
Speaker 6: And it's funny. Every time I'm working shirt, I always get that compliment.
Speaker 2: Says, your mom doesn't count as someone should be taking each other For Alexis, would this work for you? Is if you saw a guy in pink, would you be wanting to talk to him?
Speaker 3: I mean, even if I want to talk to him in like a flirty way, I could see myself drunkenly walking by being.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, I like your outfice.
Speaker 2: You want to steal his clothes off?
Speaker 1: It's a sweatshirt I'm going to take. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, Mark, this is something that you actually tried.
Speaker 5: Well. First off, I realized I didn't own anything pink, so I.
Speaker 1: Had to go yeah, of course you did, okay, And it's a flattering color.
Speaker 2: So how did this work when you were like trying to meet women?
Speaker 5: So I went to the bar with a couple of my friends, just regular night, nothing crazy, and I wasn't saying anything to anybody. Me and my guy friends were just talking and these girls, oh wow, nice shirt. Yes, and they're ignoring all my friends and my friends. They were looking at me like I was a junk.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit surprised that it was this effective the first time that you tried it, But that's cool. You're wanting us to call one woman in particular, right, not every woman that you met that definitely, not all of them.
Speaker 1: Is a woman. We're calling someone who approached you.
Speaker 5: She is. Her name's Tamara. Tamara, and we were both waiting online for the unisex bathroom and of course she saw my shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amerah, what's up?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: What did she say? She just said she liked it.
Speaker 5: She was just said, Wow, that's a really nice shirt. You wear it? Well, you know, she just called me out on it, like as if she was surprised. I was even okay with wearing a shirt like most guys would never.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my gosh, is that thing?
Speaker 2: And how do you reply to that?
Speaker 5: Well, at this point, I had heard it so many times in the night. I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna let her in on a little secret. And I said, to be honest, I'm actually wearing this shirt to meet women.
Speaker 1: What was her response, Why would you say that?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I wasn't trying to sabotage myself. I thought I was trying to be honest and transparent.
Speaker 7: Women do like actually laughed, she.
Speaker 6: Laughed, Yeah, I thought it was a joke.
Speaker 1: She laughed, that's kind of like saying she felt for your truck.
Speaker 2: That's deterring the She's not probably not as uptight and skeptical as you guys are. So this is one of those you meet out in the world, you know us.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you turn that into a hag out?
Speaker 5: So yeah, later on in the night she ended up finding me again.
Speaker 1: Oh, which is a little drunker A little more exactly.
Speaker 5: We both had a little bit more influence going on at this point, and we found a spot where we could sit down by ourselves and actually talk not have to shout over everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an intimate sit down. How did that go?
Speaker 5: It was great. We got to know each other. We talked about travel, we talked about our families. We even got to our childhood.
Speaker 1: You got what.
Speaker 5: Into our childhood?
Speaker 2: Wow, whole therapy session.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was the color, if it was the pink bringing it out in me, but you know, I just felt very sensitive.
Speaker 7: Fourth dra I got it could have been that too.
Speaker 5: I won't lie.
Speaker 1: To be honesty.
Speaker 2: So after you got done crying in each other's arms, then how did.
Speaker 8: You leave it?
Speaker 5: Well, eventually she had to go. I found my friends, and then she hasn't really been replying my text. You know, we exchanged numbers and stuff, and I didn't know what to do, so I asked my coworker, a female gave me the advice in the first place, and she was like, you know, just send her a question mark, like the symbol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually not the worst.
Speaker 2: It's kind of passive aggressive Okay, Like.
Speaker 1: I need more. Yeah, Like it does feel passive.
Speaker 2: You're a married woman, Brook, You're not allowed to be a parson. You shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Asking for it just feels angry a little bit. Maybe question mark totally?
Speaker 2: Did it work? Did she respond?
Speaker 5: All she did was put a summed up.
Speaker 1: Your question It is Actually that's really bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's not a good time. We need to get to the bottom of this. We're gonna call Tamera and try and get you a pink themed edition of a Second Date Update. Can we do it after this?
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 2: Today, we learned about the seductive magic of the pink shirt. So powerful it's a man's secret weapon to get random women to approach you out in public and say flirty things to you, like, huh, nice shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It turned up the heat with that one, and it worked for our listener Mark, not just on Brook in her low standards, but on actual women out in the real world. So the second part, that's how he met a woman named Tamara at a bar. They ended up hanging out the entire night after that.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so cute.
Speaker 2: But following their bar meetup, she's been almost completely avoiding his texts other than the question mark that he sent to her and she just liked it.
Speaker 1: Is that the only communication? Is that the only text you sent to her?
Speaker 5: Yes? What Mark?
Speaker 1: Are you willing to work every day for the rest of your life?
Speaker 2: If this works?
Speaker 1: He needs a text in pink at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you change the bubble to a pink bubble?
Speaker 1: People really want it.
Speaker 2: That's why he's turned to us for some radio helps. So we're going to do our best here. I'm about to dial to Mara.
Speaker 1: If our low bar is just a question mark, I think we've got this.
Speaker 2: You never know with us, though, So here we go. I'm dialing your number right now.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, is this Tamara.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We are a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: On the show with us.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Hi, Thanks good morning.
Speaker 2: Sorry to surprise you like this, but we're doing a segment called a second Date Update, and one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 7: Okay, uh, okay, who was it that?
Speaker 1: It's like yes, And then it just dawned on me what you just said. That was dead.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't realize what you're getting yourself into here. But a guy named Mark met you the other night out at the bar Mark.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, what what did he tell you?
Speaker 2: So far? Good reaction. He told us a little bit about your guys' night, that you complimented him on his nice pink shirt. I'm sorry, I'm sorry to stop. Is are you in a construction zone or are you in a stairwell?
Speaker 1: Are you building a staircase?
Speaker 8: There actually is contractors working underneath me in the apartment. I think you're streaking the popcorn feelings underneath me.
Speaker 1: That's good, nobody wants those anymore. We're not h TV.
Speaker 8: But now it's been days of this noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get I assumed that you had met somebody else that night and brought him home and locked him in a room, And now he's trying.
Speaker 1: To I think Mark would still be that Yeah, he's jealous that he wasn't the guy locked in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the whole reason that we're calling is Mark told us he felt like he had a connection with you.
Speaker 8: Is that all that he told you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he said that you guys talked about a lot of stuff, like you talked about your childhood and travel.
Speaker 8: And yeah, did he tell you about our discussion about families?
Speaker 1: He said childhood.
Speaker 2: I mean he said, you guys talked about family stuff, but not you didn't get into detail.
Speaker 1: But the way you're saying it right now, it sounds like something bad. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well Mark, he definitely tried to get into detail. So we were talking about families, and he asked to see a photo of my family. So I pulled one up from Christmas when we were all together, okay, and it got really weird and actually, honestly it got really rude. He like honed in on my sister from the picture, yeah, and was like his immediate reaction was, Wow, your sister is so gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which I mean would have.
Speaker 8: Been would have been okay, But then he kept going.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like maybe if anything you compliment her mother, just say beautiful family. Yeah, yeah, And I'm telling you that's not a lot.
Speaker 8: No, he was asking a ton of questions, like he wanted to know how old she was, where she lives, to get a date. You're going to try to find her on Instagram? Why are you asking so many questions about my sister?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we didn't hear any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: From him, but he did want to call you and your sister. Yeah, like my sister's phone number.
Speaker 8: Otherwise he probably was why.
Speaker 2: True, we're trying to help here. Remember, And I need to tell you at this point that Mark is on the other line listening to this call.
Speaker 1: I think he needs great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants to talk to you unless your sister is there right now, in which Dames put her off.
Speaker 8: I I mean, Mark, you had to have read my reaction when you kept asking about my sister, Like I pretty much stopped talking to you altogether once you wouldn't leave it alone.
Speaker 5: I think you seriously misconstrued everything I was saying.
Speaker 2: Why I don't think I don't think so what did she misunderstand? Mark?
Speaker 5: If you'd seen her and her family. It's like when you go buy a picture frame and there's like a stock photo in there. I mean she's her mom. She's knockout for like you would never think she was a mom, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: Okay, now you're talking about my mom too, and now it's my sister and my mom. What he wanted to base the whole family?
Speaker 1: Yeah, move on to a males figure in the family. Please.
Speaker 5: Okay, he too, both dad and her older brother or I don't know if he was older or not, but he looked like he kicked my butt.
Speaker 1: So you were impressed by her family and it just came off all.
Speaker 5: Jeans that's the word I should have used, But I was drunk. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Tamara said that she had a problem with you complementing the physical attractiveness of her sister.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it wasn't. You weren't going on and on about my whole family. It was specifically just my sister for several minutes.
Speaker 2: What would Tamara be something that he should have said that would have come off as a better reaction to seeing the photo.
Speaker 8: I want totly anything else, but you could have said, oh my gosh, your family is so good looking, no wonder, you're so beautiful, Like you could have given me an out of that.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that? Mark, does that click for you?
Speaker 5: Totally? Sorry, it's clicking for me now. I was just in the moment, I was star struck by your sister. It's like she's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 8: No again he's on it again. This is insane.
Speaker 5: Okay, but learning to be honest here and tell you what was going on in the moment. And you never even told me is she older or younger than you? Too? Like I have been thinking.
Speaker 8: About that, You've been thinking about it. You've been okay, so you've been trying to do you want to, but not really a question. Mark, isn't really trying to test me. That's like the bare minimum. But you've been thinking about my sister and her age since then. This is creepy.
Speaker 2: He's just trying to get to know your family.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I'm trying to avoid being creepy because I want to make sure she's not like super young or something.
Speaker 1: Question, you shut your mouth.
Speaker 8: You don't need to make sure of that because you're never going to meet her.
Speaker 4: Well, because she's not invited on their next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Mark, you need to just be quiet. Let me try and help you here for a second if I can. I don't think you can Tamara as a guy. It's it's difficult to be in a situation where you're meeting somebody new and they show you a picture of a gorgeous woman and it happens to be your sister.
Speaker 1: Like that hard, it's a trap.
Speaker 2: It's a trap. It's hard to know the right thing when you're drinking. That is the right compliment to give?
Speaker 1: Would you say the right thing? When he was sober on the phone, Yes, you can't use alcohol as well.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that he's pounding alcohol right now. He's totally nervous and flustered. Because the truth is, to Mary, the reason why he reached out to us is because he likes you that much that he's willing to do whatever it takes to see you again.
Speaker 8: No, I I think at this point I don't trust that he just wants to get to my sister through me. So there's no way that that's happening.
Speaker 2: If you don't trust what I say. Let Mark tell you, Mark, this is your chance.
Speaker 5: Do I blust?
Speaker 7: Do I fold?
Speaker 5: I don't even know, man, Mark.
Speaker 2: Are you texting the girl that told you to wear that pink shirt for advice? I want what to say here?
Speaker 5: I don't think she would help. You probably did this whole deeper for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, now you've dug it deep enough on your own.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It is, honestly like one big pink grave to honesty.
Speaker 2: Is there another color that can fix a yellow where it feels like the moment has come and gone?
Speaker 1: So it's a valiant effort.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey to Mary. We were going to offer to send you out on a date, but it sounds like it's a no.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think yeah, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: So in that case, are you cool if you just give him your sister's Instagram now? So if you just cuts more to it.
Speaker 8: You know he's already founded if he had not found her at all.
Speaker 2: Right, well good, I'm glad you shipped them. Congratulations Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, if we ever get an update update email from Mark saying hey, I found her sister and it worked out way better? Do I reply to that email, Brook, or pretend like I didn't see it?
Speaker 1: You reply because you love it. I don't know what to do if someone shows you a hot.
Speaker 2: Woman, I said, if you're drinking as a guy and you're presented with a hot and you're in the moment, you might say the wrong thing as a dude. We tend to make those mistakes, okay, but.
Speaker 1: You don't say the wrong thing over and over and over and again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like he doubled down. So it's whatever. That relationship is probably never gonna happen. Wouldn't it be interesting if Tamara like found somebody in Mark's family.
Speaker 1: He had a secret brother.
Speaker 2: Tamara is dating Mark's dad, Mark is dating her sister. Mark's mom is with Tamara's brother.
Speaker 1: Starting to feel too much like my hometown. I don't think I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Talk about a weird Thanksgiving? Yeah, somehow they're like stepsisters.
Speaker 1: It's actually pretty easy Thanksgiving. There'd only be like four people there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark Tamara, we have her fingers crossed for your both of your families. And all of this started because of one pink shirt.
Speaker 1: Everyone's going to be in pink at the bar.
Speaker 2: But if you ever need help with your dating live email the show. We'll call that person that's not calling you back. You can check out all of our Second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey Brooking.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: They say timing is everything when it comes to comedy. Nailed it, nailed it. Let's see Kevin Hart pull that one out. But one of our listeners learned his comedy lesson the hard.
Speaker 1: Way harder than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he attempted a bad joke at an even worse time during his first date, and instead of laughter, all he got was a silent death stare. Is it possible that one joke was so awful it completely ruined his romantic chances? We're gonna find out or die trying in your brand new second date.
Speaker 1: I get it it.
Speaker 2: Update, suck it, Bill Burr, We're gonna do it coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date update.
Speaker 2: Meeting somebody that you're interested in at a friend's birthday party. Yeah sounds kind of fun to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great place to meet.
Speaker 2: And that's actually our listener's story today for how they met. I've actually met somebody that same way. Really, keep in mind, I was inside the cake at the time, ready to pop out, and this party was kind of like a group birthday sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Is there another person in the cake with you?
Speaker 2: Jeff No, But I woke up very sore the next morning from crouching inside that cake? Do you know what? Enough about me and my story. Let's talk to our listener, Paul. Paul, were you inside of a cake too? Wow?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a boring party?
Speaker 4: Was like a flowing.
Speaker 2: We don't know. We want to know, like, what was this birthday? How did you meet this person? Let's hear the whole story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so one to a mutual friend's birthday.
Speaker 5: That's really not important, but.
Speaker 2: I think it is actually because if you're in a friend's birthday, you know a lot of people, there's mutuals there. It's different if it's a Randos part.
Speaker 1: And what I'm curious about is did your friends alert you that there would be a cute single that you were going to meet? No, okay, okay, okay, this is all on you.
Speaker 2: It's more of a natural meeting. Okay, right, So tell us what's the name of this girl that you thought was so attractive?
Speaker 9: Her name is Stacy Stacy, and I would not describe her as a conventional beauty, but she is a person who's extremely striking.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if this is a compliment.
Speaker 6: Come on, it dabbles like almost a compliment, and then it's like a rugged face.
Speaker 2: What did you call it?
Speaker 1: I mean, why do you say I feel like scol like? Why even add that into the conversation, that it's not conventionally beautiful? Why would you even say that.
Speaker 5: It's just how I would describe her.
Speaker 1: Okay, she was not his type, but she's pretty okay. And so how did you start anversation with her?
Speaker 6: Well, I just went up and started talking to her about her outfit, because well, it wasn't risque or anything, it was stylish.
Speaker 1: These comments like a dress, do you do you normally meet like models in bikinis? Please to go?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, But again, it was a friend's birthday party, so I showed up in T shirts and jeans, and there she was in this like, very slim, beautiful outfit. She looked like she could be selling cigarettes in the nineteen thirty.
Speaker 2: I get, not a compliment. You. So she's wearing something that no other woman in their right mind would wear.
Speaker 1: But it was nineteen thirties.
Speaker 6: Guys are painting it in a negative light.
Speaker 2: Oh we are.
Speaker 1: We're just teasing you. So she's wearing a flappers tell us more about the hangout.
Speaker 6: Well, talking to her, she's obviously a person who gets a lot of male attention, and that.
Speaker 1: Was it obvious to me, I.
Speaker 2: Really was it? Okay, But okay, is this cause considered your date?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no no no no, I got it.
Speaker 6: I got her Instagram handle and then I slid into her DMS.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you didn't ask her out just then. You asked her out later.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So tell us about the date where you guys met up.
Speaker 6: The day was great, we went out for time, we had good food.
Speaker 5: I continue to ask.
Speaker 6: Her questions about her incredible fashion sense, because again she showed up in another unconventional outbit.
Speaker 1: Bro is she a stylist or something. I'm just trying to think. It was like boot cut jeans at.
Speaker 2: This crazy She's like, I'm wearing a dress. Was dressed?
Speaker 1: Did she like you complimented her on her fashion style?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Obviously. It takes a lot of time and preparation and presenting how she looks, and it's incredible. It is really amazing to see.
Speaker 2: Okay, And you know a lot of women spend like a lot of time before a date getting themselves ready, making sure they look really good. So I'm sure she felt seen well.
Speaker 6: Exactly, she said that fashion was her passion.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a bummer sticker, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: So she talked on and on about that, and that was great, okay, And at one point the conversation Beard, we realized that we were both conspiracy nuts, which is how bizarre? Is that fun?
Speaker 1: Wait, you believe in them or you just like to know about that?
Speaker 2: Talk about them?
Speaker 6: I would say, we'd like to talk about him. But specifically, do you guys know the movie Room two thirty seven?
Speaker 1: No? Is it a horror film or something? It sounds like it.
Speaker 6: No, it's a documentary about the shining. But there's a bunch of conspiracy theories about the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay. So that was a big point of conversation for you too, because you'd both seen this exactly okay, okay, interesting topics though you know it's not just weather.
Speaker 5: What do you guys can watch a movie and by the end be like, okay, we got the treasure map, we figured it out.
Speaker 2: Really sexy, set in the mood. So how did you two end the date?
Speaker 6: That was me probably the only awkward part because when the check came I made a stupid joke about how she would have to venmo me and then she gave me a really like dirty look, and I was like, I was kidding. I was kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, did she actually venmo you?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, no, no again. I thrested that I was only kidding. That was the only hiccup and we had a great meal. I drove her home. I kissed her on the cheek, and havn't really gotten that many text from her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's been some communications. Are you aiming for the cheek or the lips? And she turned.
Speaker 6: I would have taken the lips, but I wanted to play it safe. It was our first time, all right.
Speaker 2: So how long has it been since that date happened?
Speaker 6: Almost a week, all right.
Speaker 2: And nothing like she hasn't texted you I'm busy or anything.
Speaker 5: It's very like one word answers.
Speaker 2: So no, what you always tell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 6: I think she's unconventional, So who knows.
Speaker 5: I'm just wanting to see if you guys can get her to text me back.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna unconventional woman.
Speaker 2: Talks unconventional.
Speaker 1: This is it unconventional way to go about getting.
Speaker 2: In for sure. So we're going to reach out to Stacy for you in just a few minutes and find out does she have a reason or is some sort of conspiracy of Hopefully it's the first. We're gonna do it with your second date update right after this, hold on Brook and Jeffrey in.
Speaker 1: The morning Second Date update.
Speaker 2: If you missed the first part of our second date, we learned a new way to compliment a woman is to call her an unconventional beauty.
Speaker 1: It's really, honestly a good compliment. It was just the way he was saying it felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're unconventional, like you are so sexy, unconventionally. It was a little bit confusing, but we think it was supposed to be a compliment from our listener, Paul, who was He was enamored by Stacy and her unique sense of style along with her unconventional looks. Yes, that most men might not gravitate towards, but one in a million do find her striking, and that one is with us right now, and it drove Paul to reach out to a radio show, Paul, how are you feeling about us calling her in a second here again, I would.
Speaker 6: Like to stretch as an attractive.
Speaker 2: I'm just quoting you.
Speaker 1: Feeling good after that whole recap, Jeff. But you did say like she probably has men heading on her all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, easily, totally.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Jose. I mean that might just be it. Maybe she's too busy with other dates.
Speaker 2: To get back to She's just swimming in a sea of dudes right now.
Speaker 1: God, are you jealous?
Speaker 2: But my trip. Anyway, let's reach out to Stacy. Hopefully she picks up and can give us a little bit of insight. I'm downing her number right now.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, is this Stacy?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Is this Hey?
Speaker 2: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: What is this? Is this like a prank it, Jeff?
Speaker 1: We do do those, but not this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This is our top rated segment called Brooken. No, it's called second Date.
Speaker 1: Updates, Good sell, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I was I was reading the sign on the wall and I got distracted by broken Jeffrey. Yeah, it's actually falling in the rankings as whisper, So we'd like for you to be a part of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think you need to hear why we even have your information?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because one of our listeners says, he went out on a great date with you recently and would like to see you again. He's a little confused why it's not happening though. His name's Paul.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I can't even no, don't even know wait, don't.
Speaker 1: Even with Paul? Or you just hate us and don't want to talk to us?
Speaker 7: No, Paul, I have nothing against you, guys, I just can't. I'm so mad at him.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he is in the dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that's how you feel about him, that's totally valid. But he doesn't understand why.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even know you're mad.
Speaker 2: According to his recap of the date, it was actually a great night.
Speaker 7: Oh here, he has problems?
Speaker 1: Is a problem? Wait? Is this a problem you noticed on the date or is this something you learned about him later?
Speaker 7: It was what I learned on the date, Okay, Listen. He didn't take any pictures of me at all during our date, and I look freakin incredible.
Speaker 1: You wanted any take photos of your Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean the fact is I am frigagin hot, like ridongculously.
Speaker 2: Hot, unconventionally hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I would say that definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you wanted him to pull out his camera as soon as he complimented you and start snapping photos.
Speaker 7: At some point he didn't do any and I kept even giving him hints like oh my god, how many more selfies, like take a freaking picture of me?
Speaker 1: Did you say he took selfies? Did you take pictures of himself?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I took selfie.
Speaker 1: Oh that is funny that he didn't bring that up. That would be the word thing. So you took pictures of yourself.
Speaker 7: If you saw what I look like, you'd understand.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm trying to understand by him not wanting to take a photo of you on his phone.
Speaker 1: No, not not wanting to not doing.
Speaker 2: It, not doing it to you. That was like an offense.
Speaker 7: Can I be honest with you? There's a reason they say actions speak louder than words. He can tell me I'm beautiful, Like I know, I'm beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it means.
Speaker 7: Nothing without actually taking pictures of my beauty.
Speaker 2: Okay. If he if he really thought that you were as beautiful as he said he was, he would have been taking photos to memorialize that moment for all the time.
Speaker 3: Hey, maybe he took secret candids when you were looking.
Speaker 2: The Did you just say that's creepy. I heard her say that.
Speaker 7: Well, be creep stur if he did it without me knowing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do have boundaries. I am happy to hear that.
Speaker 2: Well. I hope that this isn't too creepy to tell you, but uh, he's been taking pictures. Paul is actually on the other line quietly listening in. Yeah, that's how the segment works as we have them listen to hear what the reasoning is. So, Paul, are you there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would just want to say that I know you looked incredible on the day, and that's how I was telling you how beautiful you were. And I'm pretty sure I said it like multiple times.
Speaker 1: You're missing the point, Paul, work.
Speaker 7: Me nothing without the actions to back it up.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just focused on being present with you and having a good conversation and connecting with you. I thought that was more important.
Speaker 7: Really, you were just thinking of yourself.
Speaker 1: Selfish, selfish. I think he's trying to say that there was so much more to you, you know, than just how beautiful.
Speaker 7: I think you're giving him a pass he doesn't deserve.
Speaker 2: Okay, Paul, can you admit that you were selfish that night? By not taking a bunch of photos of her.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I never thought that would be an offense.
Speaker 7: Well, that sounds fastizing, and I was so sad when I got home that night. I only took five selfies in my house. I take a lot more. Hello.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if you only take five photos of yourself, you know that's a bad.
Speaker 7: What do you have to say about it, Paul.
Speaker 6: You know, out of the millions of different things that could have gone wrong on the day, I didn't think of this.
Speaker 2: I should have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I wish I wish i'd taken more photos.
Speaker 9: I will.
Speaker 6: I wish I.
Speaker 7: Had, Yeah, and I wish that the apology could have come a long time ago. Home.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, are you saying it's too late?
Speaker 2: We're having constructive communication here, So maybe this is a good opportunity to ask would both of you consider going out with each other another time with many, many photos taken of Stacy? And if you're willing to do that, then we would pay for it.
Speaker 8: Photographer.
Speaker 1: No, No, we don't have that much.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I think you should book us a trip.
Speaker 2: We don't have that at all.
Speaker 1: We just said we don't money for.
Speaker 2: Do you want to pull the booket?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Didn't I just say that? I feel like I just said that, Okay, want.
Speaker 1: To trip with them? You weren't even going to call him back?
Speaker 2: Think of how great she's going to look on vacation broke.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking, like our what Paulson coach wherever that is? That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: You're a road trips So that's how you apologize to you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's listen. He can sit and coach.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's going to save them some money though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, argue that this is a very very reasonable woman on the phone who clearly thank you. Yeah, you're welcome, Stacy sarcasm. Fortunately, due to our radio budget, we're not going to be able to pay for plane tickets, but maybe we can fund the in flight meal at least the coach one. We could probably afford that one.
Speaker 5: For Paul.
Speaker 1: It's usually an eight dollars snack box.
Speaker 2: Paul, would you be open to this idea?
Speaker 5: Well? What choice do I have?
Speaker 6: I mean, is that's the only way I can spend time with her, then that's what I have to do.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Wow, The length that he's willing to go to for you, Stacy, would you agree.
Speaker 7: To a date with him as long as if he's in coach except the terms that I'm in first class?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 7: And he does.
Speaker 2: First class tickets. Honestly, you're next to him?
Speaker 1: Is they're not equals?
Speaker 2: Okay, to remember, he's gonna be punished for a few weeks before he's allowed to sit next to But look at that, Paul, you asked us for another date. You started off with a little bit of miscommunication, not enough photos taken, and ended with the most unconventional, beautiful romance in all of history.
Speaker 1: Wow, tear in my eye.
Speaker 2: I must feel good.
Speaker 6: It doesn't feel bad.
Speaker 1: It will when you check your bank account.
Speaker 2: She doesn't care about that look And Jeffrey in the morning, when you're a man and you see a sliver of an opening to hang out with an unconventional woman and she says, buy me a first class plane trip to somewhere nice while you sit and coach. You can't let an opportunity like that slip away. I guess that's right. It's not an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Cheff, sounds like such a good, healthy relationship.
Speaker 2: Yep, Paul is no fool and jumped right on top of it. That's why he's on Travelocity right now booking a seven thousand dollars first class ticket to Turks and Caicos like a real gentleman. I always wanted to go there.
Speaker 1: Well, he flies in the luggage compartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he's lucky. But hey, good on you, Paul. You came here for a date and you left with one.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we're going to get an update from them, like five years from now, where they're happily married with a couple babies on the way. She's like, he bought me my house and he stays over at his house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Love does work in mysterious ways, and sometimes it takes us to give it a little bit of a nudge. So email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates, see our whole resume. Wherever you get your podcasts, they're up at Broken Jefford