Speaker 1: With the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part one Behind a scene with a member of the show. What's up everybody? Happy weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm joined on this fabulous Saturday by Amy.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 2: We've had a crazy week.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on in Nashville this week, so it's a little crazy over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, CRS week. It's always a good time.
Speaker 3: Yes, And we will dive into that a little bit. And I got some stuff to talk to Amy about. But first and foremost, in case you want to check out the bits and catch up on the show this week, what you're gonna get over there? He Thurman interview. Bobby shared his sleep study results, Lunchbox almost got arrested. I have a long distance admirer. Amy's daughter changed her name at school. Raymundo wants to do shots with Sam Hunt and a Elder versus Millennial Championship.
Speaker 2: It was a big week on the show.
Speaker 3: There's a lot there, so if you want to get caught up Part two, that's where you're gonna hear that.
Speaker 2: All right, Amy, have you been watching anything? I know it's been like super busy, but have you been watching anything lately? That you want to like review talk about.
Speaker 4: I've well, I've watched a lot of the I still haven't finished it yet. I got really into it last weekend, but the who the blank did I marry the TikTok thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I also saw you put up on your TV so you could like watch it as a series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on YouTube. Someone loaded up all fifty parts but split it into two different YouTube videos. So one YouTube video is parts one through thirty and the other one is parts thirty one through fifty two or something. It's five hundred minutes worth of content.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But I haven't finished, and I've sort of just lost interest probably, which is a bummer because I would like to see how this ends up. It's just more you were so intrigued and it was fascinating that it was fascinating, and then now you just feel bad for everybody involved, and it just reminds me. It reminds me too that I mean, sometimes yeah, people are just awful. It doesn't excuse or justify any of their actions. If they are a pathological liar or they behave in a certain way, then I don't know, it's just gonna being clear that it's like a mental health problem, and then you just feel kind of bad, like, oh, man, if he could have been aware, he could have gotten the proper help, like maybe his life wouldn't have anyway. I don't want to ruin it in case people are going to start it, but I do.
Speaker 2: Know a lot of people have been watching it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure she has like over three million followers now just from the series.
Speaker 2: Wow, your name's like Reese, right, is her name Rea or Reesa Tessa?
Speaker 4: It's yeah, her first name is with the R and the last name is of the t Okay.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I just know her from the username, so I'm not sure her name, and I've heard all about it, but I haven't watched it, so but it sounds like it's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of content. I think that was my turn off.
Speaker 3: When I tried to go watch like the first episode of it, I was like, oh my gosh, this is this is forever.
Speaker 4: She's very detailed. She does not miss a detail. And then I guess as people would send in comments or ask questions, she would do some of the videos are clarification videos, so she'd be like this part, I'm gonna go ahead and clarify this, this, this, and this, just to set the record straight. But she did a good job of detailing what happened to her and her her whole point in sharing it was two hopefully help someone else never get in the situation that she was in, because there was a lot of red flags at the beginning that she just ignored, and so obviously her talking about it it might help let other people have their their red flag radar up. Yeah, she got it, the United Nations of Red Flags.
Speaker 2: I love it. That would have been helpful for me, like six years ago. So I like it. Okay, anything on TV, anything else that you've been watching, I know, you know.
Speaker 4: Look I started that on Apple, the Fashion one because you.
Speaker 3: Were watching Masters of the Air too, right, Yeah, Apple, which I love, like that is selling like something with the World War II stuff right now is what Apple's focused on clearly with the New Look and Masters of the Air.
Speaker 4: That's probably why I like watching them both at the same time, because I'm I'm you're really dialed in on what was happening were there during that time, but seeing it from the fashion perspective, and these elite people where they're there, where they live has just been taken over by the Nazis and now their whole world is changing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's based on a true story. Yeah, like that's wild for me to think about like that. I never knew these designers in that light.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christian Dior and Coco Chanel, and like what they had to do, what they had to overcome, how they had to contemplate, like wait, what I have to make a dress for the wife of a Nazi. No, but then when you get into the nitty gritty of it, they were trying to survive as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, so crazy. Okay, so both two really good ones. I did go on like kind of a movie bender. So if you're looking for movies, all of these are pretty emotional. But I started with Priscilla that's on Max now, the one about Elvis Presley's wife.
Speaker 4: I watched it.
Speaker 2: Did you like it? I did.
Speaker 4: A little confused by something.
Speaker 2: Hey, okay, we oh, okay, we'll have to talk about that after, just in case so we don't spoil it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to spoil anything, So just just I mean that part of their story in her age that's known, it's known that she was young. Yeah, but I just don't understand why. Like, to me, I couldn't get over the fact that I felt like he was trying to find himself a vision and then preserve her that way until he was ready to marry her. Because it's not like he was being all virgin ish, you know, he wasn't at all, but he wanted to keep you know, he wanted to preserve her.
Speaker 3: What I do, like, I do find it really interesting because we've had all these movies from Elvis's perspective, right, and this comes from Priscilla's and she was an executive producer on it, so like she.
Speaker 2: Approved it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like whatever the storyline that played out, it wasn't like she wasn't part of it. She was. I think she was like executive producer or something on it. So she was approving what was happening, which means for.
Speaker 2: Her, that was her story.
Speaker 3: And that's what I felt like so alarming was there were just so many things I didn't realize. I guess I made assumptions based on their age gap, but I just you don't want to make those assumptions, right, Like you just are like, Okay, well, maybe I don't know everything watching that movie, and I'm like, oh, I know everything, and that feels weird. It paints him in a different light for sure, like still a struggle and still some messed up things, Like I still think he's a really talented artist, but it's definitely a way different perspective that I never had before.
Speaker 2: On Elvis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I recommend people watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: And then the new version of The Color Purple is also on Max. I didn't realize there was an older version. I just saw like this new one. Have you watched that yet?
Speaker 4: But I haven't. I didn't know there there was a new version, so I'm gonna go check it out. Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 3: It made me cry, like that one was super emotional. And then I also watched one now I got somebody asked if I would watch this movie, and like endorse and stuff, I was like, well, okay, let me watch it. It ended up being really good. It's a movie called Cabrini. Do you know that name? Does that name sound familiar? On?
Speaker 2: Okay? So it wasn't for me either.
Speaker 3: But she's an Italian immigrant and she was a nun and she came over to the United States and Basically it's her whole story of like bringing over her nuns with her to the United States and like trying to make the world a better place. And she's that's why she's now like known as and in history as like the mother Saint. And I'm not sure religion wise, I think it's more Catholic than anything.
Speaker 2: But it was really like.
Speaker 3: A really cool, empowering story about this woman. And I had never heard about her from history ever. So that's another really emotional one. Like three really true story emotional ones that are that are tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm googling about Cabrini.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so three good ones there.
Speaker 4: It looks like a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, speaking of like videos and stuff, I need to take your advice because I got a TikTok video and I need to know if I should take this as a sign, because you're like the sign queen, you know when it's like gonna be a you know, good or should you listen to this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So there was a TikTok video.
Speaker 3: Like you know when you're scrolling on TikTok and you're on your for you page, yeah, and like you're not going you're not searching content. You're just scrolling through it, it's popping up. And this lady popped up and her name's Brittany and she was reading cards. I think she reads energy, kind of like your cousin Amanda, and what she like was reading like there was no hashag, like I didn't search anything. That just popped up in my feed and it was like I'm getting some insane energy that you're about to meet the love of your life.
Speaker 2: And I'm like this, I was like, listen.
Speaker 4: But that's popping up for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like all about the algorithm, right, So like does it pop up for you?
Speaker 2: It is kind of the question.
Speaker 3: And that's why it's like this question with the sidekicks on TikTok is like you're not going out and searching this content, You're not going out and following them. It's like, does it pop up in your feed, then it's for you. And so I'm like, do I take that as a sign like maybe like I have the feeling I listen, I ate the great center of the table. I'm like really putting a lot of effort in and now I get this sign on my for you, pa, is this like a sign I should take or is it just a coincidence?
Speaker 4: It could be whatever you wanted to be Morgan, I feel like it could end up being just a coincidence, But what if it is a sign? Like I'm okay with you thinking that it's a sign. What if it is, because like the way.
Speaker 3: She was talking, she was like, listen, you had to You've had to let some people go. She's like, you've had energy come in and it was not the right type of energy you were looking for. But on the good news for you is that like these three other cards, like you have the love of your life coming like they are around the corner.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, And I was like, okay, that feels that feels a little on brand. I do think that there's times where I'm scrolling and I come across something that I needed in that moment. Maybe you needed you needed that in that moment to maybe open yourself up to that this year, like that was the thing that's going to open you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So maybe I just like the full So it's like maybe.
Speaker 4: You help you are a little Yeah, you're opening you know fully fully or to be looking for it, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, And I think so much of like you know, we talked about all the dating stuff and how just tough it is. Is I think you go in these rollercoaster feelings of like, Okay, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna find my person, and then you like hit down and you're like, I'm never gonna find somebody, Like there's no way. And so maybe it was because that's kind of the week I've been happening after like a few dates I had where I just like.
Speaker 2: Was questioning a lot of things, and then that popped.
Speaker 3: Up and I was like, Okay, okay, yeah I am So I think it pulled me back to the yes, Morgan, You're gonna find someone, versus the you know, the deep well that I was in where I.
Speaker 2: Was like, is it even possible anymore?
Speaker 4: Well, then perfect it was for you. Yeah that's a sign.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So what's the sign we're taking it? No coincidence?
Speaker 3: I love it, or we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back. I love looking at friendships, especially female friendships. So Amy, what type of friend are you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you the leader in the group that always plans things? Are you more the laid back one and lets things happen? What's like your rule and your friendships.
Speaker 4: I'm not the planner. I guess it depends. I I am the I like to host. I'll be the hoster. Okay, so key having people over. I'm definitely not the planner because I have friends that are planners, Like I'm thinking of a therapy Cat and Gracie. Those are two of my close They are planners. They plan things. They like to have things on the calendar, they like to have events, they like to have activities, they like to go do and gather in that way. I like to gather last minute at my house. I'm not the planner. Okay about you.
Speaker 3: I could see that, but I see you. I do see you having the leadership ability to do it. But I just didn't know what type of friends. Like It's always based on the friends you have around you too, right, like how do your personalities fall and what works for y'all?
Speaker 2: And yeah, like that's what works.
Speaker 4: Like let me tell you if those two, if they don't have something on the calendar to look forward to, they're sad. I'm not. I'm like, wow, there's not a lot on my calendar. I am happy, but I'm not saying that's the healthy thing, and I still enjoy people and being with people. It's not necessarily that, but I just don't have to have an activity coming up or a trip coming up or anything like that. Okay, Okay, they that's they plan, they rally, And I'm thankful for those types of friends because I will go to that. I mean, if it's on their calendar and end up getting invited, then it's on my calendar. And I will say with some friends, like speaking of Gracy, we have another friend Ali, and like we're intentional about planning our hangtimes because we all work, we're all moms, and life gets busy. So those are some girls where we have a quarterly lunch or hang or walk and quarterly it's like, oh wow, four times a year. We still see each other more like I just spontaneously walked with Gracie the other day, like last minute, can you walk? But we know for sure we've carved out that. And I want to say, maybe I was the one that suggested that, but I think it was out of me wanting to be more intentional about connection and me trying to do some of that. But you know it was quarterly, so that's how you know I was in charge, but it's still it's I think it boils down to being intentional, and I'm very very thankful for friends that have that, that personality that gifts because it gets those of us that are maybe not it's big planners out of our house.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: And it's funny you say that, because that's I'm a little bit more like your friend's therapy cat and Gracie.
Speaker 2: I am definitely the planner.
Speaker 4: I'm also go go go, go, go go go.
Speaker 3: I love to do things and I like But what's funny too, is I've noticed in my friendships now as we've gotten older and busier schedules and as we progress in our lives, like when I'll meet up with friends while we're sitting there, before we leave each other, we put something else on the calendar, like literally in our calendar, like we're hanging out together, and it can't budch, like we're not gonna move this for something else, like this has to stay.
Speaker 2: And it's it's kind of like what you're saying.
Speaker 3: It's like once a month or something that I'll see one of these girlfriends because she travels a lot, she's an artist, and every time I see her we're like on the books.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okay, which time am I seeing you next? What's the next date?
Speaker 3: And we have it in our calendar and like it'll it'll pop up. I'm like, dang, a month already flew by and I haven't seen her, but it's on the calendar. And it's funny that that's like shifted in my life because that was never the case before. I was just like, Okay, I'll take somebody on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, who's coming out tonight? You know, so impromptu.
Speaker 3: And now I'm like planning weeks in advance just to see my friends.
Speaker 4: It's crazy how that aging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't love it. It's not as fun and spontaneous, but it is important and that's how you be like intentional and stuff. So I am typically the planner, but my therapist has encouraged me recently to back off a little bit more more so just because I love planning and I love doing things, and I love being the one to bring everyone together, the gatherer, but I also love when that's reciprocated, and when you do it all the time, it's often not reciprocated, you know what I mean, and not.
Speaker 4: Intentionally, it's just expecting you to do it. Yeah, it's just what you do.
Speaker 3: That's what our friendship or our you know, relationships have always been. It happens for me in all of my relationships, not just friendships.
Speaker 2: That's just what it is. And so.
Speaker 3: A lot of that too, comes from, like I do, like being in control of a lot of things, not everything, but most things. And so the way she's like this is like a double edged sword. So you have to back off a little bit to relinquish some control and like just allow life to happen a little bit more and just to allow people to show up for you too. And that's like a good balance for you to start to have in your life, so you're not constantly always doing it. You can do it more and you can do it still be the majority one, but it's good for you to back off sometimes.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Okay, I'll try.
Speaker 3: It's really hard though, to do that, to not just like want to just take the initiative and dive in. I have to just kind of like wait, and I'm not good at waiting, you know. I want to be like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think that's going to be a good practice for you, and also just being still and seeing what is brought to the surface for you when you are waiting mm hmm. And it's because there might be a reason why sometimes you're go, go go go go, plan, plan, plan, fan plan, need to do you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I know a lot of it comes from me, like living alone, right, Like I want to be intentional about making sure I'm.
Speaker 2: Getting out of my house. It's really easy for me to just be.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, see you guys in five weeks, I'm gonna like burrow down and I'll just be watching movies. I because that side of me is very prevalent. I almost have to force myself to not be that way. And I think that's where a lot of that comes from, gotcha.
Speaker 2: But it's just more.
Speaker 3: So that I don't have to always feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, you know, to plan everything, to always be the fun one, to bring the life of the party kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I'm pulling up a recent text exchange with Therapy Cat because she got married actually two weeks ago this weekend, and I think so I texted her on Tuesday of this week and I said, how's life back into the real world that married, and she goes, I hate being back here, lol. I need to be on my honeymoon for the rest of my life. And I said, uh, yeah, I feel you and I never even left. And then she said that her husband's dad came over and he said he got depressed immediately after the wedding, and she said, yeah, same. She goes, like, what do we live for now? Because the wedding was something on her calendar that was so exciting to look forward to. And then so a couple of days later, I text her, I said, have you figured out what to live for now? And she replied, yes, I just booked a trip to Chicago today lol. And then she laughed and I said haha, and she goes, I couldn't help it. She goes, I was physically in pain with nothing to look forward to. And I said, oh wow, that is wild, and she said, I think I have a problem. And this is coming from a therapist, so at least she's self aware.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, we're all going to have flaws, right therapists or not. We all have our issues. It's just not if you can recognize them.
Speaker 4: If that's going to be your fall like, hey, it's not bad, that's not a bad of a lot, but it is it is there is a reason you want to be go go go and whatever.
Speaker 3: That reason maybe is crazy, but it's just had me like looking at friendships a lot more just understanding humans. And it's not that like for me, it's not that anybody did anything wrong. It was just trying to own up for me a little bit more like why I'm always putting myself in that position?
Speaker 2: So this is crazy?
Speaker 4: I know, report back, I will on your ability to wait and be still?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Is anything exciting been happening lately? I had like we could talk about CRS a little bit because I went to a ping pong tournament, but like has any Oh wait, Jackie Wynn No, sadly Jelly World beater he did.
Speaker 2: So it was really crazy though.
Speaker 4: So that's our friend Jackie who she likes to plan things too. But one thing is for sure, she's gonna be late. She might be late late. It's not just a couple of minutes late. It could be thirty minutes late. And that's just how she rolls.
Speaker 3: See and you know what that's But that's also just friendships in general. I feel like you just learn to understand each other and be like, this is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, well, so I think it's a thing to definitely tell Jackie a time that is way earlier than it actually is, so that way she'll hopefully be on time.
Speaker 2: I have one of those friends too, I totally get it. But no, she did win. It was it was funny. So, guys.
Speaker 3: Country Radio Seminar CRS Week is when basically a whole bunch of people from country radio all over the country come to Nashville and like all of the labels and all of these different artists kind of put on like displays and play their music or labels are talking about their new artists. It's just kind of a way to kind of connect once a year. And so there's this event. I hadn't been to it. They do it every year, but it's a like a paddle Royale is what they call it. It's a ping pong tournament and like artists play against like people in the industry, and it was hilarious. I mean when I was like, I was seeing on these bleachers, right, I'm in a hotel and we're in like a one of those ballrooms or whatever.
Speaker 2: And there's these bleachers in there.
Speaker 3: There's all these ping pong tables, and I'm just looking around and there's like Sam Hunt and Brett Young and Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: They're just all playing ping pong, and I'm like, what is happening?
Speaker 3: Like would decided one day like let's do ping pong and have it the country artists in this industry.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is a wild moment.
Speaker 3: Like it was a very like pinch me moment too, where I was like just to get a be hanging out in that room where it's all these people who just like love country music and artists is getting to hang out and like be people while also playing in a ping pong tournament.
Speaker 2: It was a cool moment.
Speaker 4: Well, so who ended up winning?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Chris Laine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris Lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he won last year and he won this year.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 2: It was him and Brett Young in the like the championship.
Speaker 4: The two baseball players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the athletes. But it was fun.
Speaker 3: It was fun to watch, and like everybody's getting drunk and having a good time too on top of it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so well we're this airs on Saturday, but we're recording it at work, so tonight Friday, there's the New Face Showcase dinner and that's when the awards are being handed out, and you know the award that Lunchbox was really mad and Eddie that I got nominated.
Speaker 2: For, Yeah, the Women of My Heart Country show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's gonna get handed out tonight, So TVD we'll see about that. But the New Face Showcase, that's at the dinner where the award's being handed out. There's about five new artists different labels that come out on stage and they're so fresh that it's like, hmm, I wonder where's this gonna go. They could make it or not, you never know.
Speaker 3: Well, and like that the New Faces too. One of the artists I remember one year. There's been so many that I've come through, but one year, like in that New Faces group was Luke Comb's like if that tells people anything?
Speaker 4: Sam with that too, yeah, And I remember when Samhnton came out on stage and it was such a different sounds like huh okay, well, I wonder if this is gonna work. And then now it's funny because there is Sam Hutt and then Luke Comb, so of course yeah, they're to be in the New Face showcase. I would say nine times out of ten, they're normally the ones that are gonna make it because it's like the label has handpicked, like we want to showcase this person, so they're already on a trajectory that's upwards that they just maybe don't have a hit yet or anything. Yeah, but yeah, so that'd be a fun dinner. Are you gonna go?
Speaker 3: No? I was going to, and then I like gave up my ticket so if somebody else could go, okay, mostly because I've been doing so much CRS stuff this week that I was like, Okay, I think I need to tap out, Like come Friday, I'm gonna be like crash crashing bird.
Speaker 4: I totally get it.
Speaker 2: But I'm so excited for you and getting your award.
Speaker 3: If I would have known that was happening, I probably would have arkedp just to go and support you.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know for sure that I'm getting it right.
Speaker 3: Well, it's at least gonna get announced though, and like it'll be talked about so wellated.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if I won.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we were just putting that on the universe that I won. I didn't know it hadn't been an outside thought you already won. So I'm just gonna put it out there.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean some people may know, but I don't know. I'm just gonna go we'll see what happens TVD and then you know, if I don't, it's not I don't think there's any cameras. I don't have to watch my face or anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you're good.
Speaker 3: But if I was there, I totally was taking a video for you, like, I see, this is why I wish I knew.
Speaker 4: What was it like the last award show when Laney Wilson won and they panned a Kelsey Ballerini's face and then everybody made like a big deal of it, and Kelsey was like what they really won't make a big deal out of nothing, but Kelsey's face wasn't really anything anyways. But also, someone has just lost an award. I mean, was it the Grammys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Grammys.
Speaker 4: That's a huge award. So even if someone was making a face, it doesn't mean they're not happy for the person that won or there don't want to support them. But they're probably like, well it's a freaking Grammy, And dang, I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like imagine in the swope of like one minute, having to understand that you lost and support like one of.
Speaker 2: Your colleagues, Like that's what that has to feel like.
Speaker 3: And both of those things, as we often say, I mean I both say this a lot, like two things can be true, Like you can be sad and you can be happy. It's just what's going to come across in your face. Nobody knows, right, Okay, Well that's exciting. I'm excited for you, and I just believe you've won and you're going to win. We'll put it out there, that's what's out in the universe TBD.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll find out, and then of course if I do, then that'll be a whole thing on Monday with the lunchbox and Eddie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I really hope.
Speaker 3: You win, just just honestly, not even on top of like the fact that you deserve it and you should win it, but like, I just hope you win.
Speaker 2: So they kinda put their foot in their mouth of drama. Yes, I love it. Okay, Well, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: This may make you think like I didn't really give you a heads up that this is coming. But what's the weirdest thing that the internet has made you do? And I'll explain.
Speaker 3: So, Like I learned that if you put rose rosemary oil in your hair and like wrap it and saran wrap and sit in it for a few hours, it's like really good for your hair growth.
Speaker 2: And like really beneficial to your scalp and whatnot.
Speaker 3: And so I found myself sitting on my couch a little saran wrapped head, and I felt so ridiculous, Like I was like, I bet if somebody looked at me right now, I look like a straight up alien and I have lost my mind. But I'm hoping it works, and the Internet has convinced me that it does.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna try it out.
Speaker 3: But I look so ridiculous that I couldn't like think of all these other people who've probably seen stuff on the internet and be like you, no, what i' let me try that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I mean I don't know that that is too crazy or weird.
Speaker 3: I think there's more that I had sarin wrap on my head and I was like, what is my life?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I get it. I feel like I love a lot of things. I learned from the internet, but probably for sure the season in which I was making my own deodorants from the internet, really and so that was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: How long did that season last for you?
Speaker 4: A while? But then I found a company that basically was making what I was making without me having to go buy every ingredient, and so I just started getting that. So now I order it on Amazon. I would still make my own if Milk and Honey didn't have theirs or they discontinued it for some reason. But the guys thought I was pretty weird for making my own deodorant.
Speaker 2: How do you make your own deodorant? By the way, Like, what was the process of that?
Speaker 4: Like, uh, coconut oil?
Speaker 2: Like what we're putting it on a stove like in the oven?
Speaker 3: No, you just stir it all together and then it kind of like started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't remember. The flam or app flour or something, powder powder, probably a flour, a little bit of baking soda. I would do a vanilla essential oil because I liked that vanilla. Some people would do lavender, but I don't really love the smell of lavender.
Speaker 2: I don't either. It kind of always throwst me off. A little bit when I smell it.
Speaker 4: Not my favorite. Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that's it. It was only like four ingredients.
Speaker 2: And you would you like pack it in something or how I.
Speaker 4: Put it in a little round tupbleware thing, and then you had to get the ratios just right because the coconut oil it, I don't know, you wouldn't want it to be too much. And then you had to keep it out of the heat because it would melt.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's so interesting.
Speaker 4: The consistency of the one that I buy is definitely different, but it's the same ingredients. But however, there have.
Speaker 2: The machines helping them and stuff too. It's not just like you trying to make it honest, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or they have the better ratios that help. Yeah, there's no stove, you would just put it. It's so crazy though, that blows my mind. Yeah, it's just like a cream doesn't have to be heated up or anything wild.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's a good one though.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Way back in the day, I made my own video, so I'm sure I was the person on the internet making give People are seeing that, they're like, now I'm going to make my own deodorant. I remember I made the video. It was in Austin, and Ray was in it with me. I have no idea. I think he was just at the station at the time that I was doing it. So I was like, Ra, do you want to be in my homemade deodorant making video?
Speaker 3: That's funny. It's probably no longer on the internet either. I'm sure when we wiped the because we wiped the old Austin videos a while ago.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I bet it was part of saying and we never say we only saved what you guys wanted to save.
Speaker 4: And I don't. I was too I didn't have the energy to go figure out what I wanted to save and not, and I really wish I would have, because the Taylor Swift painting that I did is gone and I have no photos or videos it other than what I put on I'm sure on an old computer somewhere, maybe I have it downloaded. But when I painted her that portrait, I don't have it. I don't even I don't have it. I don't have a single picture anywhere. And it was on YouTube and that was the only place I had it because I'd made a YouTube video.
Speaker 2: And you guys need get like a photo together or anything.
Speaker 4: No, so we got a photo together at the concert. But Taylor, when you were back in the meet and greet, you had to put your phones away and they took the photos for you and printed it out, and then when you were walking out, you took your printed photo.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's somewhere you just oh, I have that.
Speaker 4: But but for whatever reason, I didn't hold up the portrait in that photo. I think we like set it to the side so or someone from her team was like, I'll take that. I'm like, okay, So I'm pretty bummed, but I do have the photo. My hair was I was wearing a like a turquoise leaveless blouse, silk blouse thing with jeans, and I remember my crossbody bag. It was from old Navy cart cross time, and my hair was pretty much almost black. It was a dark duk duk duk duk brown.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I've yeah, I still have the photo obviously, that's time I've seen it recently. Actually, that's probably why I remember every detail.
Speaker 2: No, that's great, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: And but I also just appreciate too that you got vulnerable again and talked about your deodorant making, so thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I'm sure i'll think of something crazy the Internet it's made me do. But I'm mostly grateful for any hack or trick or life tip that I learned from.
Speaker 2: I'm in the same way.
Speaker 3: It's just funny that, like all the things that you're like willing to do, if you're like, okay, this could work, I'm going to try it and you feel kind of crazy doing it all. Right, last thing we're going to talk about, you know how, like most people will be like, what is something I want to.
Speaker 2: Do more of this year?
Speaker 3: What's something for you that you want to do? Or like, sorry, I reverse that they want to be like I want to do less of this. They're like I've done too much of this or like i'm you know, overdoing it here.
Speaker 2: But what's something you want to do less of this year?
Speaker 4: Therapy?
Speaker 2: That's a quick answer.
Speaker 4: And I am. I already am doing less.
Speaker 2: That's good. That means you're growing and you're healing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think there's always any I don't think we're ever done with stuff, but I just think that I'm over it for a little bit. Yeah, I think it's helpful by we're just like coming at me in so many different ways and all the different things, and I think I'm in a place nowhere I want to do less of that sort of thing for the moment and we'll see where that goes. But on my hinge profile, I think one of the questions was like, what's something you want to do this year? And I just put do less of everything? Yeah, just everything, uh, you know, just less less of it all, which is more, I think, and I think more time just being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, existing in present life.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 2: If that makes sense? See mine's mine.
Speaker 3: So mind's the reverse is the reason I brought it up is I need to do more of this. I'm really bad, Like no, no, not on purpose, Like I'm just really bad at eating, Like that's such a very basic thing. But like I could be so busy and I'll eat like one time in a day and it was not on purpose, It's just what happened. And sometimes it'll be like a bar I had in the morning. Then I'll have dinner at night, and I like I need to eat more, like genuinely need.
Speaker 2: To eat more. My body actually needs the energy.
Speaker 3: I think, like I've figured out right, I went through all the nutrition stuff and like figured out I'm gluten sensitive, sugar sensitive, and like I work out all the time, like everything else is. I figured it out, and I'm still exhausted all the time.
Speaker 2: You don't have energy, it's because I don't.
Speaker 3: I literally don't have the calories in my body to burn the energy that I'm doing through. So I'm trying to really like purposely sit down time and like be like you have to eat. It's an option, Like I don't care if you don't think you're hungry right now, you have to eat. And it's like I'm trying to rewire my brain of being busy. And that's been a struggle for me that I just never realized this was an issue because I'm also a big snacker.
Speaker 2: I love snacks like I could snacks.
Speaker 3: So you're snacking sometimes, yeah, some days I will. Some days it's like oh wow, I haven't eaten anything. But most days it's like I'm just snacking. But like the snacking isn't helping me either, because it's like I'm like, oh, that was lunch, but it wasn't. That's not that's not a meal. That's not nutrients that you need for your body. So I'm trying to do more this year by eating more, which is not something like you might.
Speaker 4: I think it sounds to me like more intentional about meals, lanning them, bringing them to work if you need to, and then mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And I got a meal service, so like now I can start making meals, so now I can't complain that I.
Speaker 4: Don't want it, like a what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called like it's like homeb chef, so like they send you the ingredients and stuff to make it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't. Sorry, I know, Yeah, I don't know what meal services.
Speaker 3: Sorry, No, not like that's fair. There's a lot of meals services, different variations. But it was more because like I felt like I was always like I don't want to look for a recipe or I don't want to like I don't have this ingredient, I don't want to go get it. So it's and I wanted to be able to eat healthy, so I just always always had excuses. Now I don't have excuses. Now I have food in the fridge, and I don't have excuse. I just have to make the time to do it. We're trying it out, we're trying it on. I see how it's going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like he'll get there and scuba. Steve's really good about He brings his lunch every single day and heats it up and it always looks good and smells good, and like you, he's got it down. He doesn't mess around exactly. I mean if he knows too, like if he doesn't eat, then he's probably gonna get irritable and then he's stuck here for it well after lunch. And I feel like he's got that system down of bringing his lunch. Our schedule is weird because sometimes we leave in time to where we can go eat lunch, and then other days we don't know and we can't. So I think you just need a plan for being here for lunch. End of story.
Speaker 2: I know I need to I have I do have my bar in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's like my go to or like a little yoga parfaceituation. It's the after I get home from work and everything's just your chaos and life happens. So I love that you're doing less of everything and I am trying to eat more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are our balances for twenty more.
Speaker 4: So you need to plan more.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like I eat more in the since I just need more calories in my body.
Speaker 4: That's going to be the planning and working like so because of if it's a time issue, which sometimes that's what something I'll do is I'll try to make sure that it's a high calorie, high fat, you know, like throw it all in like the avocado that get it, get it all, get the calories up there. So if you are taking time to eat during that, then it'll sustain you till your next meal.
Speaker 2: Ish. I guess that's true.
Speaker 3: And that's what the the like the meal services really helped with. They're more fulfilling meals. It's filling, it's not fulfilling filling meals.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think both of them are, but they're more filling.
Speaker 3: So I don't feel so like, you know, I ate an hour and I'm like, dang, I to eat again. I don't have time to eat again. So that's been helpful. Yeah, we'll see. That's those are our You guys can check back in with us in December and see how our do less and eat more went for us four.
Speaker 4: All right, team do less, we got this.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna head over to listener Q and A and yeah, thanks for hanging out with us friends.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 4: Platforms and follow ed
Speaker 1: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.