Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's the clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air Eyway. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio a special holiday edition of The Fifth Hour as we celebrate Sinkle de Mio. It's all about Margarita's salsa chips. It's a fiesta. It's an audio fiesta. Ya ya, give me my tacos dorado right now.
Speaker 3: Man, you like those gringo crunchy talk I do? I do.
Speaker 1: I love my my friend Alex, my Mexican friend Alex, who died years ago. He used to always call me the gringo taco guy. It's true, I love them. I love them. Their crunchy taco is so damn good.
Speaker 3: Remember when your boy Trump pissed off the whole country, or some of the country, the complainers when he said happy seek go to my ownd. It was a picture of him with a tostata.
Speaker 1: Well, there's certain people can't take a joke.
Speaker 3: I love Mexico.
Speaker 2: I love the Mexican people.
Speaker 1: Two waiters came up to me tonight, mister Trump, we love you, but but you looked like Taco bell.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Now, as you mentioned, there are people, Danny, I think you said this on yesterday's podcast. There's people. There's a lot of people ever either think this is Mexican Independence Day. It is not Mexican Independence Day.
Speaker 3: No, it is not. This is to celebrate the big victory over the very large French army with a very small Mexican army at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it was when the An upset. People love upsets in war. In sports, people love upsets. They love David versus Go wins.
Speaker 3: This was like the Falcons blowing out the pitch. Wait a second, didn't.
Speaker 1: It's like when the Devil Rays won the World Series. They didn't. They didn't actually didn't actually do that. And it's great because the French military they have a wonderful reputation right the the act of a French soldier surrendering, it's just acquiescing however you want to say it. There so happy Sinco de Mile.
Speaker 3: Yeah. On Friday's Coveno and Rich Show, Me and Coveno Rich was away in New York, Covino and I we pulled a Petros and money and we were doing shots of tequila in the air.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's like Scott Farrell, man, Rack them up, Rack them Still the craziest podcast we've done. On the fifth hour.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was snorting cocaine with stacks of cash on a hotel bed while naked on the phone with you. That's the craziest interview I've ever booked in my whole career. And I booked in India in India's most famous tiger hunter. And the list goes on. But Farrell doing cocaine on a stack of money on a bed talking to Ben Mallard takes the cake.
Speaker 1: I'm still impressed that you were able to get a sitting president on the radio. That is an outstanding, absolutely outstanding. It's also naty.
Speaker 3: Are you more impressed that it was I got him? Or the beekeeper from Arizona the other day?
Speaker 1: Oh? The beekeepers that's cool too, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a he was a cool guy too. He seemed very down to earth and a nice guy, even though he's a d Bags fan.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. I didn't hear the story. What was the story like?
Speaker 3: Did they?
Speaker 1: Was he at home when they call?
Speaker 3: So he was at his son's t ball game with his family, and the stadium folks there at Chase called him. They have his pet control pest control company on speed dial, and they're like, dude, we need you over here now. And so he sped over to the stadium and he had to use a scissor lift he wasn't familiar with to get up to the swarm of bees, and he was. He said, he was shaken up there. He was really nervous because of all the things that could go wrong. He was scared the bees were going to swarm out and sting people in the stands. So he comes down from the scissor lift, he gets a standing ovation and then the Diamondbacks asked him, would you throw out the ceremonial first pitch, And that's what he did, and he threw a decent pitch, better than some celebrities have thrown. And they called him the hero, the hero of the week in Major League baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hays own card baseball Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tops, Yeah, Tops called him on Wednesday morning and said, hey, we're gonna offer you your own baseball card. And he's like, let's do it. So that that was cool. And also he mentioned on the Covino and Rich Show that the Diamondbacks have reached back out to him and they're gonna roll out the red carpet, roll out the red carpet for his family and they get to like get the whole you know, royal treatment.
Speaker 1: Oh great. Yeah, Well, when you never know what opportunity is gonna knock, you better answer the door. You better answer the door. I'm sure his kid's not too upset that he had to leave the t ball game because now he'll get the VIP toward the Diamondback game. Help set. Were the Diamondbacks this week? It was like Dodgers Stadium in Arizona. Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And it's funny because the whole story with the Knicks and the Sixers and the Sixers front office buying thousands of seats because they didn't want to be infiltrated by Knicks fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's wild. I mean, I I traveled briefly years ago with the Dodgers, but it was never like that, like there would be Dodger fans everywhere the team went. There'd be a few. I was telling the story about in New York when there'd be these old dudes, these really old frail men that were Brooklyn Dodger fans when they were kids, and they had their Brooklyn Dodger stuff and they'd stand outside the hotel. And I always thought that was cool. But there'd be some, But it's nothing like it is these days. It's like there's a whole I forget the name of that group. There's a fan group that's like a super fan group and they travel around. They have plan trips on Dodger road, trips to overtake stadiums, and yeah, it was. It was Nutso in Arizona we have the mail bag. I want to do a little pop goes the culture before we get to the mailback is that, okay, can we do a little pop goest?
Speaker 3: Do it? Pop? Pop? Pop?
Speaker 1: Pop pop pop pop?
Speaker 3: John John.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, and Ohio ill coming through yet again, and here we go. Let's here trust the science. Remember a couple of years ago, Dan, it was trust the science. Well, scientists have not discovered why a cold beer tastes so good.
Speaker 3: Oh tell me more.
Speaker 1: This is the content that we need, clearly, according to new scientists, team of researchers at the Chinese Academy of Sciences decided to do a deep dive and they looked into this. They decided to take a closer look at the chemistry of beer.
Speaker 3: That's where I want my tax paying dollars ago.
Speaker 1: It's not all bad there in China. We get cheap stuff and they study beer. The results of their experiment were recently published in Matter and revolve around the ethanol water molecular clusters. These scientists were able to observe with the help of the nuclear magnetic resonance imaging. It's a lot. That's a lot of big words.
Speaker 3: No idea, what you just said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Essentially they looked into it and they.
Speaker 3: Said, feel like you just asked me about the Chiefs draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. That everything changed the temperature at approximately forty one degrees fahrenheit. They arranged a pyramid shape structure that gave the beverage a more stimulating taste, like more stimulating talk radio. By the time it increased to seventy seven fahrenheit. They form longer chains that allow the ethanol to take center stage and produce a relatively unpleasant and a boozier flavor. So there's a sweet spot for the beer at the forty one degrees fahrenheit. And it's all about the science. It's all about the science there. So thank you to our friends in China. The more you know, the more you know. So that's how we uperate. What else do we have on pop goes the culture? Well, this is something that will affect all of us that fly Southwest Airlines. There was a story this week that Southwest Airlines it's considering getting rid of the most unique thing about Southwest Airlines.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the open seating. They're they're saying they need to make more money and so they have to have a first class, a business class and all that and.
Speaker 3: Such a bs and supposedly the two free bags, the two free checked bags might be going away.
Speaker 1: Oh really man, Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: President of their company didn't say anything about it, but just because he left it out, the article said that that's reason enough to worry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you start playing around with that, and you know, good luck.
Speaker 3: You'll have to way more money. Do not mess with what makes you special. Yeah.
Speaker 1: McDonald's adds new items, but they don't get rid of They don't mess with the Big Mac.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that sauce, the Big Max sauce will always be there. Exhibit A. I don't mess with what's winning the soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, d that's with the one that brought you, isn't that.
Speaker 3: We're just going through cliche And if you don't know the soup that's what replaced Ben Mallor for how many days?
Speaker 1: Well, I was six months and twenty six days, not that I counted. I did not count it, just six months and twenty six days. Well, inflation is out of control. There's a viral story. I don't know if this came up on Covino and Rich. I didn't talk about it on my show. Went viral. At a grocery store here in Los Angeles, they were selling an eight pack of ice spears for thirty two dollars. An eight pack of ice spears.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that that wonderful? This pricey market. I've never even heard of it.
Speaker 3: E R E W H O N.
Speaker 1: What is that? Have you been there? I'm Beverly don't know, Beverly Boulevard, I've never heard of. Apparently it's a rich people, rich person's place, and so somebody was in there and they looked at the price. They're like, whoa, this is crazy. Now you can get a twenty dollars for a gallon of raw milk, twenty six dollars on a bottle of hyperoxygenated water, which we used to call water back in the day. But somebody on the internet, on the TikTok, they ended up putting some of these items on there, and the one that got the most attention was the ice the ice spheres, which is thirty Again, this is crazy to me, thirty two dollars for an eight pack. It's like a round ice balls.
Speaker 3: Pretty pretty good, don't man. Don't make me start about how I filled my gas tank a few days back at the quote unquote cheap gas station that I know of in the LA area ninety eight dollars. And my tank in my car is just the average sized gas tank ninety eight dollars.
Speaker 1: Was it a Costco or was it somewhere?
Speaker 3: No, it was just like one of you know how there's always that one gas station that's like a generic color and it's like speedy gas or whatever. It's the it's the one in your neighborhood everyone lines up at because it's like twenty cents cheaper than all the name brands.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, no, no, I guess, but even.
Speaker 3: That one, even that one ninety eight dollars at the cheap gas station at Costco.
Speaker 1: I think I filled up the other day and it was like seventy five bucks. So I'm doing better than you, I guess from the gas. Yeah, the gas department, KFC. Big news here, but they've launched a barbecue scented perfume. Unfortunately, it's sold out immediately, so imagine how many guys are going to be so turned on. They're gonta get all horny because their women have barbecue SCENTIFICI.
Speaker 3: They know what you're giving me in the staff for Christmas.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoy that. Knock yourself out, have a fine time. This sounds like somebody that might have listened to our show at some point. A Yellow Own tourist has been arrested after being injured by a bison that he originally kicked.
Speaker 3: The guy was drunk. He kicked a bison sounds like a weed man hippie move. How many?
Speaker 1: How many things of boze do you have to have where you think that's a good idea?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Airbnb revealed a uphouse where you can stay suspended in the sky from a huge crane. Revealed that this week, and there's a bunch of other movie inspired homes that you can get on Airbnb.
Speaker 3: So if you want to, oh cool, I want to go into the Friday the Thirteenth House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might not have to pay for it because you'll be dead. What else do we have here? You see page down. Some of these are on the fringes David Busters. This got a lot of attention this week. I don't think it came up on our show. David Busters will now let you wager on arcade.
Speaker 3: Games at ball say what now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, they've decided that you need to gamble. They've got two hundred and twenty locations, more than two hundred twenty locations in the United States. This is like the adult version of Chuck E Cheese if you will. But big story this week, David Busters trying to embrace social wagering. There's a new feature on its app that will allow players to place bets concerning the outcome of various arcade games that pit customer versus customer. The new features a partnership with some company that they claim is a real money it's real money contest of challenges, but it's just gambling head to head wagering option. It's going to be rolling out on the next couple of months at Dave and Busters so on, like ski ball, pop a shot where you compete against someone.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was going to say, who are you wagering against?
Speaker 1: Hair hockey? All right, So do you don't need an app for that? Couldn't you just do that on your own?
Speaker 3: You don't really need well, like, for instance, my chick always tells me when we walk into that. We've only gone a few times, but the last time we walked in there, for example, she said, I'm gonna kick your ass in air hockey, and I'm like, yeah, right, And sure enough, she'll even score on herself by knocking the puck into her own goal. So potentially we could walk in and wager on who's gonna win the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you on their app. They say they're going to have that in the next couple moments. I mean, you can do it anyway. You don't need the app, but they want you to use the app.
Speaker 3: Took her virginity, Now I'm gonna take her money.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, the last bastion of non wokeness is now going woke the video game world. Nintendo, there's a game. This is the Japanese video game Mega Company There. They're going to release a remake of a very popular twenty Ozho four game, Paper Mario. But they're going to change some of the verbiage in Paper Mario. They are removing cat calling and fat shaming from the game. Apparently the game.
Speaker 3: I didn't know any of that was in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty years ago was too sexist and fat phobic, and so Nintendo's like, we can't do to say.
Speaker 3: A break if none of us even remember that being in the game, how was it offensive?
Speaker 1: Well, they're changing a few small politically correct changes throughout the game The Villain.
Speaker 3: They're also going to go back and change old movies.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, they they Well, I can't make any movies the way they used to make.
Speaker 3: Why I stopped there. Let's re record all the old classic songs while we're at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you hear some of the old lyrics.
Speaker 3: It's like, whoa, whoa, she want to do the wow. I remember peing in my mom when there was a little kid with that song game on the radio. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, here's an example. Bowser teases one of the Cooper underwings about being overweight. So that's fat shaming. They have to, Bowser said in the game. In that case, I order you to do some sit ups, Tubby. They've taken taken that out of the game.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty four games.
Speaker 3: We were so less offended back in the.
Speaker 1: Day, yeah, he says. And then there was another line in that case, I order you to do some sit ups and don't stop until even your hammer has abs it says. So there's a bunch of other stuff that they tweaked in the game.
Speaker 3: But there you go.
Speaker 1: They're changing video games. Let's get to the mail bag portion of the pod, the mail bag portional. Are you ready for the mail bag? Let's go mail bag.
Speaker 3: It's this.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, ohio Al, our buddy, ohio Al. These are actual questions from actual listeners to the show. Alf from the costco gas station rights in he says, after a minute's long cost benefit analysis and some quick back of the Napkin Malard math that I learned from the Overnight Radio. I have determined that my alien opiner budget does not afford interstate travel to the lavish Malar meet and greet locations. I've deducted that it would take two full tanks of gas in the alphamobile twenty four gallons per tank times three dollars and twenty seven cents current price at Costco. That's one hundred and fifty seven dollars and thirty nine cents plus tolls, food, and lost wages for two days. Some may think that is o piners. The o Pinos are rolling in the dough with the large contributor checks from Fox Sports Radio. But I assure you Alf writes this is not the case. So it is with a head heart that I must regretfully decline your request for my presence at the aforementioned Mallor meet and greet. Jesus, how long is this question that's still going? As far as my question here we go? Do you think that there is a more appropriate location in Springfield for the twenty thirty nine Malor Meet and Greet than the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame? I would think that with all the free publicity that you've given them over the years, they'd roll out the red carpet for the Malard militia. And before you chastise me for pulling a Blair, I am not asking you to hold the event on my street in Waterville, Maine. I am actually thirty minutes outside of Springfield, he says. Fun fact, he says, see below here your first international mallor meat location in three countries. And yeah, this is this is actually pretty cool. So there's a I didn't know about. This is a place in right here. It's where three countries in Europe try points, Slovakia, Austria, and Hungary. They set up a table and you can eat lunch together without crossing the border. So you can have on one side of the table Slovakia. There's a bench you can sit there, there's a table. The other side of the table. It's a triangle. So the other one of the other sides there's Austria and then the other side is Hungary. That's cool, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Get that.
Speaker 1: That's a fun fact. That's an alf fun fact.
Speaker 3: I just learned a whole bunch about Austria by watching that Arnold Schwarzenegger documentary on Netflix.
Speaker 1: I watched some of that. I didn't finish it. It was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it. I think I have one more episode.
Speaker 1: Left an interesting life, Arnold schwartzene your Quinn writes in on the mail bag. He says, I'm here checking in and I have a funny story. I was from the show back on April twenty second, so we're going back.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoyed. Oh he sent me a very nice marine hat, and I thank you. I thank you for that, Quinn. He's say, this story is crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I have been battling the flu with other respiratory illnesses for almost two weeks. Quinn says, I am finally coming out of it. I listened to the podcast, but lately, as I have had a hard time sleeping, I've been listening to the live show. And he says the other night, I fell asleep listening and I was having a dream and within the dream, the Ben Maller Show was on and your trivia game, Quinn says. When this guy's dream day. He says, I was listening to the callers pick teams and then the game started as a big NFL fan. One of the trivias were defensive players, and I was rattling off the names in the dream from the trivia Aaron Donald, Michael Strahan, Ronnie Lott, Kevin Green, Jack Youngblood, Dwight Freeney, DeMarcus Ware. I realized when I woke up that I got more answers right unconsciously in my dream than you're awake caller, Well Quinn. Great thing about now, maybe not that deep, but it was maybe that was Mallard's amount of money, but I'll have to go back and look. Yeah, it was probably my malus amount of money that we had hollering James on, not mallards amount of money, but it was too much or not enough. Who won wall snoring? It's the single greatest game show maman in the history of the show. He won based on his snores and that was just an amazing, amazing.
Speaker 3: Bit of There's been some pretty amazing snoring moments on the Ben Mallor Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we lead talk rating snoring. Nobody else has that.
Speaker 3: There's like five to six different snoring clips in my archives.
Speaker 1: We had back to back to back snores which.
Speaker 3: We have a snoring competition one night. Yeah, that off.
Speaker 1: We went back and forth. It was it was a cowboy, and there was a guy in San Diego, the voice, big voice guy. Forget his name. Barry writes, and he says, Yo Yo, Ma, Benny and Danny g I understand that you are on your way to South Carolina. I may try to get up there to see you in person. I'd love to meet your berry. I don't know how much closer I'm gonna get to you used to live in Nashville. Love to meet your berry. Come on down hang out with us if you can make it. Be coming this Friday again. If you've somehow not paid attention, I don't know how you could have missed it. We hoard ourselves out every chance we get. But Malard Meet and Green, that is incorrect. It's a bad job by you. We will be at a wonderful English pub in South Carolina and Charleston, South Carolina called My Father's Mustache, and you can hang out with us from three to five this coming Friday, May tenth.
Speaker 3: It's not at Brooks and Tranny, and.
Speaker 1: That's in a different town and right there. Make sure you go to the James Island location. Send me an email too. If you're planning on attending, I'd like to kind of have a rough idea of how many people are going to go. I've gotten a few emails from people that say they're planning on a tending. But if you think you're gonna make it, you're pretty sure you're gonna make it. Just send me an email Ben Malor Show at gmail dot com, say hey, I'm thinking I'm coming out there. So and so would love to love to see you and Michan. This is different. I've never done this in the South. I don't know if anyone's going to show up. I have no idea. I don't know how many people we have listened there. I know we had a lot of calls and emails, but who knows if they're actually going to show up. So my father's mustache, Charleston, South Carolina, James Island location, come out, Hopefully I will meet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My cousin moved to that area like fifteen years ago. He loves it. He loves it. Built a big he built a well, he bought a house, a fixer upper, and he spent the past decade fixing it up.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, my niece really likes it a lot. She grew up as a little girl in New York and she loves Charleston. She's so excited to show Uncle Benny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And he says the people are super nice and his job's going good there. Man, it seems like a really cool part of the country. I would love to go visit that part of the country. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I'll be there most of this week and kind of enjoy enjoy the sites and sounds, do a little sight seeing, go to the beach a little bit. There's a few museums. I love American history. There's some Civil War museums there. I think the first battle of the Civil War, Fort Sumter, was in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the only thing I wouldn't like is if you had a home on the beach there, the way it could get swooped up in a storm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have some gnarly, gnarly storms that come in there that knock the whole town out and flood everything. It's part of the deal. We get the earthquakes. We had one the other day and they got that blind. Scott says, are you going to give five hundred dollars to your knees for graduating college. You got to give like a thousand. I think, wow, thank you blind Scott. I don't know, I haven't thought about it. We'll cut a check, we'll center some money, the world will zeller some money or whatever, or cash app some money, I don't know, whatever. You know what better money?
Speaker 3: You know? You should google when you have some extra time. There's an episode of King of Queen and they find a check that was given to them by a family member that they didn't know about. It was hidden inside like some stupid crock pot or something, and it was a check for like five thousand dollars as a wedding gift, but the check was old. They're like, is this check even gonna cash? And so they they it's it's a really funny episode. But that's what makes me think of that is a big gift you might get for like a wedding gift or a college graduation. You hope for some big checks to be written.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to get one of those oversized checks.
Speaker 3: But I'm not like like like happy Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just give him a big, big giant.
Speaker 3: Remember he put all those in the trunk of his car, the big oversized checks.
Speaker 1: Why not you know what the hell next one? Dear Ben and Danny G. This is Kyrie and ok see, says Danny G. The Lakers suck bums, he says. Anyway, the show love and respect.
Speaker 3: Hey, they were in every game. They didn't get blown out by thirty in any of those games.
Speaker 1: Come done, they won one game, he says, I love and respect like Strip Club John and Cleveland said on the radio about his calves and my thunder small markets need love to Big Ben. Anyway, y'all guys are awesome. Has always much love from Kyrie in OK.
Speaker 3: I do like that player on his team that has three names. Oh, the former Clipper. You're a fan of a former Clipper. Yeah, I actually I told you because you were so nice to the Lakers in one of your monologues a couple of weeks back, I've been sharing on your Clippers. Little did I know your team was going to vomit all over themselves.
Speaker 1: What is still wrong with the Clippers?
Speaker 3: You called them gutless? That's the word to use, gutless?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the pros now.
Speaker 3: I know what it's like to suffer as a Clippers fan. Thanks Ben, Well, that was that was called tough love.
Speaker 1: It's emasculating, it's an alarming lack of detail on your performance, and you just don't seem to really care. You're like, yeah, I'll get them next time. And you know, the lack of perseverance, the fire in the belly. That's so many And listen, there's guys in the Lakers that have this. There's a lot of guys in the Clippers that have these lethargic tendencies. It just drives me, not now you're not going to make every shot, but to not play hard. And I've seen that.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on the lazy passes, not getting back on defense, walking up and down the court.
Speaker 1: So don't got me started on that. But anyway, let's say thank you Kyrie. Nick and Wisconsin says, Hey, guys, what is the worst injury that you have had and how did it happen? I would say the most painful injury I had was my gallbladder, and that was eating a lot of fried foods for about forty years of my life and then my gallbladder decided to check out, and that hurt a lot. I've broken some fingers and things like that, but other than that, that's the worst.
Speaker 3: What about you, Danny, huh injury. I haven't broken any bones.
Speaker 1: Ben, Okay, you just jinks yourself.
Speaker 3: Hang on a second, hang on.
Speaker 1: Knocking there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I didn't break anything. But I guess this is self inflicted. When I was producing one of the producers on your show and some night's the only producer, I was not drinking any water because during the commercials, as you know, the tech producer stays in his seat or he's supposed to to make sure that the commercials and everything are running smoothly, and you have to count them and make sure that promos play the right way and all this stuff behind the scenes. Right, So everyone's like, well, you could go to the bathroom during commercials. No, you can't, not in that job. So I purposely didn't drink water. I'm like, well that's the way to go here. I won't drink water, and then, you know, simple math, I won't have to go to the bathroom. What did I do? I wound up giving myself a huge kidney issue. You remember, it's how I ended my tenure with your show. I was in the hospital. Oh yeah, I do. Yeah, that sucked big time. I had to have a laser surgery. This thing went on for months. Yeah, that was really bad. Not an injury, but the worst surgery I ever had to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sucks. Thank you for that, Nick, Kevin and Kansas is Ben and Danny Ge. Now that you're settled in your newest mansion, could you give an update on the found laundry cart? Yeah, Kevin, we don't really use the laundry cart. So if you want it, if you'll pay for the shipping, we can send.
Speaker 3: It to you.
Speaker 1: It's sitting in the garage and it's collecting dust because we have a upstairs downstairs set up, and the laundry cart not really designed to go upstairs because it's got the wheels and stuff like that, so we don't.
Speaker 3: Really use it.
Speaker 1: Danny G. Have you had any great fines like Maler's laundry cart? Kevin asked, have you found anything? Have you done dumpster diving Danny to find anything on the side of the road like I did.
Speaker 3: No. I am guilty of saving an item that was put out in front of our place to go to the garbage. It was. Have you seen those plastic drawers that they're stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, some people use them to file desk crap and stuff like that. Some people use them in their closet for socks and underwear. Well, our middle kid, he cleaned his room. You know what that meant? Ben He had a girl coming over. That's the only time he cleans his room. And while he was cleaning, he, I guess, took that out of his closet and just dumped it in front to go to the dumpster. I looked at it. The first thing I thought was, like a technician, I could put microphone cables in that. I could put cords, yeah, charge cables and cords in there. And so I have it in the garage right now. And I looked at it a couple of days later and I'm like, what the hell am I doing salvaging garbage.
Speaker 1: Well, that's one way to look at it. But when we when we are going around my wife you and askers, she'll tell you, like if it's trash day. And I see like a like a lazy boy chair, I said, oh man, we should we should get that. I can sell that offer up, get like fifty bucks for that.
Speaker 3: You know, I can refurbished that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And look at that sofa. I could put that in my studio and I could like sleep on it.
Speaker 3: And I blame our parents for this because they were pack rats. Yeah, and our grandparents especially, Oh my god, I'm gonna save everything I spent a penny on.
Speaker 1: But as you get older, you collect more stuff as you go through life. So even the people that have like eight items, by the time they get older, they'll have fifteen items. Sixteen items A couple of quick ones. Ozzie Waz from Western Australia says, Hey, Ben and Danny G. I sent out a tweet to you last week. You read it out about not doing shout outs for my birthday and the daughters. The next day, I replayed it from the podcast from my daughter and the look on her face was priceless, especially when I told her that it was being broadcast on five hundred plus radio stations across the US. She had a smile.
Speaker 3: Ear to ear, Hey, that's six hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're up to six hundred now as he was bad job by you, but yeah, well, thank you. I'm happy to make your daughter's death. That makes me happy, you know, and tell her again we will not do another shout out for your daughter. I don't care how cute she is and how sweet she is. We will not do a shout out for your daughter. A mic is overrun by trees and Fullerton. He says, Hey, Benon Danny, I like you guys. I'd like you guys to sell. In an argument I overheard in the baseball play where a runner is stranded between two bases, do you call it a pickle or a rundown? World series p orl Herscheiser likes pickle, but equally accomplished. Tim Cats was pretty adamant that adults should say rundown. Whose side are are you on on this controversial issue? That's from Mike and Fullerton. So I've heard both. When I was a kid, I heard pickle, but I've heard run down a lot. I'm gonna go with the bulldog Oi horshaze pickle.
Speaker 3: I feel like one is the glass half full and one is glass half empty. Rundown sounds like you're going to be out automatically. Pickle sounds like, yeah, this is a pickle. It could go either way.
Speaker 1: Plus I have to pick pickle. Alf the alien opiner will be offended if I don't pick the pickle.
Speaker 3: Now, pick pickles are kind of just gross I mean for a guy and a hamburger. Great, And I'm not being sexist her or anything, but there's an old wives tale about not letting your wifey or girlfriend eat too many pickles. I won't get into details.
Speaker 1: Well what happened Dan if they too many?
Speaker 3: H How could I say this kindly?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna say? How will you phrase it?
Speaker 3: Ah? Shoot, be politically corked this that the pickle, the pickles aura might come out of her, the pickles aura might come out of her body in some way.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, that's one way to a little that's like a dirty dash of pickle. Uh. Anyway, we'll get out on Thanks to everyone else who sent that mail. Thanks to Chris, what a way to end the weekend. Marri Cocada, Iowa. And Ronnie from Zero. We didn't get to his mail his letter JJ from the Motown. All you other guys that sent messages in try again next week. We've got the schedule. It's gonna be crazy schedule. I will I'll be on tonight, Danny, and then I am getting on the big bird and flying sometime on Monday to the East coast. And then spending a couple of days with family. Malard meet and greet on Friday.
Speaker 3: How many days of Bernie Fratto do we get to look forward to.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's filling in for me, but I'll be away from my post for about a week and then I'll be back early next week. My niece is graduating from college, so I'm excited for her to see some family. Yeah, and my in laws and all that. But I will be back soon. But again, i'd love to meet you this Thursday. Hopefully you can come out hang out with us, be part of the fun, and we can tell stories that I can't tell on the podcast of the radio. You can ask me anything you want about Eddie Garcia, you know, picking his nose or Kooper Loop staring at the vending machine for twenty five minutes, or any of those kind of guys.
Speaker 3: Order Loraina, not washing or pinky Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's all fair game. It's all fair game. And again check us out. We'll be at the English Pub, my favorite English plub in Charleston, South Gelina.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a fun time. My wife's sideburn, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's my father's mustache. May tenth This Friday, three o clock till five o'clock, James Island location. Come on out, say hello. I'll be hanging out eating some pretzels or whatever, hanging out, having a good time. But have a wonderful week. I'll be on tonight, Danny, what are you got going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Sunday. You know I'm gonna be back for a fun Monday. I was gonna say Monday morning. That's when I start mind Shift Monday afternoon with Covino and Rich two to five. It's an extra hour.
Speaker 1: It's been a long day to an extra hour day. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Two to four on the West Side, and that is five to seven pm in beautiful. I don't know you picked the East coast city this time.
Speaker 1: Let's go with East Coast city Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Nice, beautiful Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: I have a wonderful day.
Speaker 3: Later, skater got a murder. I gotta go.