Speaker 1: Hello everyone. I'm Devin Simone and I'm Anissa.
Speaker 2: Ferreira and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: We're watching The Challenge Free Agents.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm so excited because this is officially our first rewatch podcasts and I am I'm.
Speaker 1: Nervous and excited to see it.
Speaker 2: It's been so long and I can't wait to see how often we cringe at these first two episodes.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's gonna be a lot. And remember, you can watch The Challenge Free Agents along right with us, and you can do so now for free. Just go to Paramount plus dot com and use the code Challenge pod Yanna Hudspel that you get one month free, but do it quickly because it'll run out and they'll be mad. Girl. You know what I'm mad about this this whole episode. My hair.
Speaker 2: I I want to not shout out your stylist. It was probably you in a box a die because you're roots girl, your roots, and you would be in the bathroom for hours putting in your little clip ins and shit.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, she always looks so put together.
Speaker 2: But when I looked back, I thought my weave was intact, but you did look cute.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you did my sad face.
Speaker 2: When John Nay gets voted in and I knew I just washed my hair because my pieces weren't laying down yet, they were still freshly.
Speaker 1: Washed, because you know they would be rushing us out of the house. You gotta go mm hm. Wow.
Speaker 2: It lasts from the past. There are so many things that I'll be happy.
Speaker 1: Never seeing again. It's so true, like it is both like amazing to watch yourself back all these years later, but also very cringe right like it is. It's I was like I had one eye open and one closed while watching this. But can I just say about this season? And I feel like I've heard people say it, and you've probably heard people too, and I'd love to get your take because you've been on so many seasons. But I've heard so many people and seen in Reddit comments because you know, I learn the Reddit comments that Free Agent is really one of the great sort of iconic because it's on the cusp of like it's not fully old school, it's not, but it's like where it's more to me this season already we're only two episodes in, but it was everyone there, whether they were athletic or not. Had heart like it was about heart, it was about funny commentary. So many people that were hilarious.
Speaker 2: And I never knew I was a narrator. Ah, Like, oh my god, until I look back and I'm like, oh, so they did use I didn't think about one that because you know, the fans, I think usually are the ones that keep count of things.
Speaker 1: So I didn't notice it, so all other people did. But to go back.
Speaker 2: More, this was just like we hadn't seen like an individual kind of season since like the duel, and I know a lot of people were craving that they wanted to see the new kids, and yet no one gave a shit.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, I'm here, this is me. I don't care, yes, And it was like Johnny was the only one trying to play safe. Really, it was so fascinating. I mean, you see so many I feel like now it's just evolved so much into this athletic beast, which is great and fun and it makes some of the games harder and they're interesting and the visuals are interesting. But what I love about Free Agents is it's so much it really is hard, right, like everybody in there is even the beginning when we talk about that script Teas basketball game. Right, here's a clip in this corner. We are in this corner and that was like out of the Gates Day one. Everybody's in all competitive. Everybody's in bold, like I mean, we're not involved with it's Teresa Land SmackDown and CT playing, but everybody's involved in that. We're all kind of hanging out watching it. It's like a dressed.
Speaker 2: Up Yeah, everybody wanted to be into everybody's stuff. So it was like even for a costume party, like everybody was so involved. Johnny was playing whatever, he plays everything right, doing.
Speaker 1: His toast or cheers that he does, and it's just.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like how the family was just like a couple add ons and it was just it was just so funny how people looked at like love and relationships. You couldn't tell these twenty something year olds that who they met wasn't their person. Doubly well with their life. Jazz was like, this is the first time I'm single, and Swift seems like you.
Speaker 1: Know the fact that she said I want to be a whore this sea, did you she said I want cock and balls all season out of her mouth to the cars to Chad's like, ice can Anissa, you don't. You don't get by Scott free because I would like to know what inspired you as you were packing, you know when they give us the little sheet about oh the temperature might be this, so bring this because we never really know where we're going, of course, And a Nissa's like, let me pack this little Kim being Made's award outfit in a suitcase, just in case we have a costume party.
Speaker 2: And little did I know to bring a costume to a foreign country to compete in an athletic competition.
Speaker 3: Johnny is a banana.
Speaker 1: Imagine that you have a Nissa who's low Kim. You have Me, who's Nicki Minaj. You have Jasmine who's a slutty student. I think she really just pulled that costume from her everyday wardrobe. Now why and how did you have a little kid?
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm the only one who actually paid attention to the weather because I brought warm stuff.
Speaker 1: One Two, those pants were not mine.
Speaker 2: I would never in my very monochromatic dark black, white and sometimes green. It's a neutral wardrobe. There's no way I would have brought those pants. They were somebody else's. They may have been yours. Probably we cut out like a sticker because I wasn't wearing pasties. And the wig I don't even think was mine, because I was like, that was the wig could have been That's what to say, because that was good hair. Yeah, I was about to say it was probably a remy wig because I looked at it. I'm like nobody else had. I wasn't wearing a synthetic wig around there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no I was, because I wasn't about to ruin a good one. They were all synthetic. They were all those little falls, little halfwigs. Yes, they were quick leaves, so quick leaves that were on sale. If you look in the open air when Frank has on a wig that was mine, I was just I was just you know it was Sharon.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I'm just everyone was in love. I just can't get over how and how our voices were different. You think so yours not so much.
Speaker 1: I feel like Nannies really, I feel like ic is different. Nannis is different. I can see that. I can see that Nan is different, I feel, and CTS isn't quite it got gruffer. I feel like as the years have gone on, he's got a little more like gruffer, but it was I don't even know if that's word, but it was just it's not it's not word. I'm like, go for roughfer gruff McGruff. Wasn't there like a dog? Like a yeah child was a girl? I yess. I'm so excited. I know this show is already bringing us back to the silliness that was. I think there's just so much. Okay, let's break down this episode. Here's a clip, and one.
Speaker 3: Thing I want to stress. You might be competing as teams or competing alone, but make no mistake about it, this is an individual game and the prize money will reflect that. We're giving away a total of three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So for third place for the guys and girls fifteen thousand dollars, second place for the guys and girls thirty five thousand dollars, and for first place for the guys and girls one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: For me, the part that stands out is the dramatic pause when he tells us collectively how much money is in the pot, and then he starts to break it down between like third place gets this much. Okay, every cheers Yay. Second place gets as much a ray cheers Jay, and he's like first place, and we all sit there waiting to hear what it is like in shock because none of us could do the math, because if we had done simple math, we would have known what the answer was gonna be automatically. But right we thought maybe we would have been bigger, but no, because he said it's a total prize pot of yeah, nobody, and then nobody nobody was doing the math. That's I was like, wow, we were not smart. Uh, but yeah, excited. I I'm trying to think of what I felt like when I heard it was free agents. I think there was a part of me that was like, good, if I pay somebody off being a terrible partner, I won't be with him for long. Also good because my team the first season I did the challenge, I didn't get along with half my teammates because they were terrible and then not terrible competitors are terrible people at the time, and then yeah, and then I'm friends with I'm friends with one of them now and then uh, and then also a little excited to sort of challenge yourself because there's nothing like an individual game, which TJ hammers home every time to really feel like I'm playing.
Speaker 2: But it's never really individual because you have to use people to get there. So I think it keeps it messy enough.
Speaker 1: Like the decisions are I have to you know what I mean? Yeah, but yes, I look, I didn't follow Nini. You did, Okay, let's talk about it. The voting LaToya right first.
Speaker 2: I didn't even wasn't that Latoya's first season? Yeah, I didn't know her. We didn't have a relationship. I had worked with these people before, so I understand this is like my tenth show, my eighth show.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: It's also like I didn't care, but I loved LaToya as a person, but I couldn't. I had to separate, like what was gonna be good for the game what I thought at that time, yeah, and what wasn't. But yeah, we'll see you know, people that have watched us, This isn't like I didn't get off easy this season.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, we're not. We can't speak to him. We're doing I know, but people watch us AnyWho. But But I I love LaToya. She's hilarious by the way she knew her commentary back, we need her fight, We just need LaToya back as a whole. She was hilarious. But you see in episode one people sort of going down that line of back to your point Anisai about whether or not is it your like an individual choice or not. For me, it always was an individual choice. And so even in that scenario, while I was still relatively a rookie didn't know LaToya either because that was her first season, we had built up a rapport enough that I didn't feel like their excuse of going for her, No, it was just it was just easy for them. Yeah, it was easy for everybody.
Speaker 2: Once somebody says one person's name, do you rock the boat and say someone else or not?
Speaker 1: And that's that's been a theme for years and continues to be a theme. Unfortunately, my vote's for LaToya as well. LaToya. My vote is also for LaToya.
Speaker 2: I mean it's trend to LaToya, LaToya, LaToya.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, bananas, who you got?
Speaker 1: LaToya?
Speaker 3: Okay, LaToya, you were selected, come on up. Going into the elimination.
Speaker 2: Ron, It's just interesting to see all of that, like even with the little games we played, like as challenges, like it made you think at home, like, yeah, I could really actually do this.
Speaker 1: Now people say like, well I could do that. I'm like, no, you can't know.
Speaker 2: You can't go canoeing for four hours, build a bike, ride it, do this, swim there, go there, run there. I'm like, you can't do it. Yeah, with these challenges you could probably do.
Speaker 1: You could. These are more shift and then get on a backwards bike.
Speaker 2: Although not really the sick shift part would have been the hardest part for these kids.
Speaker 1: I will say I have since learned how to drive a stick t J would be proud. I still wouldn't have won that challenge. Also, I don't know what Isaac's plan was. In shout out to Isaac by the way, who texts me out of the blue he saw I guess he saw the new show that I'm doing. It came up on his TV and so he's in a really sweet message. But Isaac talking about he's gonna go the speed of smell when he was he was driving our bike in the This is An episode too, Isaac said, we're not trying to win, we just don't want to be in the bottom. I'm going the speed of smell is literally now, how best smell goes I still don't know. But Isaac's strategy was obviously smart enough because it kept this out of the draw. Isaac is in character.
Speaker 2: I would pay money just see him again, meaning I will fly to wherever he is and hang out.
Speaker 1: He was a really good time. You know, he has a travel company. He does like these really cool trips. He plans, well trip and have me go there. Yeah, he does like really cool excursions. Shout out to Isaac. Actually need to respond back to that text. But yeah, Isaac was hilarious. Okay, let's get into so we have the daily on the top of that building. What were you thinking? What like ran through your head when LaToya was on top of that building? Oh? Why it passed out. I didn't know what was doing was solving a puzzle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we were winning that challenge, So I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: I just hoped that she was okay. You never want anybody to get hurt. Yeah, and it was so two flights.
Speaker 2: Did you do this? I can't even speak. You didn't do the steps, girl, Now you would have stubbed at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'd be there now, but goes Togevin.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like you would have got to like the twentieth floor and be like, nop not after I heard what they were doing, because they were brutal in that stairwell.
Speaker 1: I heard that they were slamming each other's bodies against the wall. People came out bloody. It was far more intense than it even showed.
Speaker 2: And I was like, shout out to Swift though, thank you teammate for jumping over.
Speaker 1: Swift for tea a most funny. I know the sweep. What happened to Swift?
Speaker 2: We actually saw him and I wanted to curse him out each and every time I saw him because he voted for me. Wait, it carried into the future real life, because I would see him in Philly be like people will be like, yo, you know my boy Swift. I'm like I don't know him. Or I'd see him out and be like who were you? Hey Anisa, I'm like who what?
Speaker 1: Who were you talking to?
Speaker 2: I was like, I still don't fuck with you. I'm fine now, so shout out to him. Nine years that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad me take it.
Speaker 2: It's called Jewish guilt and I've been born with it. So like, if you do something that hurts me and you were a dick. I will keep reminding you of it because I am my mother's daughter.
Speaker 1: That's fair, That's totally fair. He will shout out to Sweeper, Sweeper also who We will get it into a little bit more as the season goes on, because he was also hilarious. It got better, Yes it did. Okay, Now let's talk about this elimination, right and the draw. When you heard about the draw for the first time, what were you your what was going through your head? Were you excited about that? Were you just like I was excited?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was excited because I had been in so many eliminations and like I said, like the first step, the first what three minutes of this first episode, Like I'm used to being, you know, kind of like an underdog and people would just like throw me in and I was disposable and weaponized whatever, even though I didn't have that language then, but I felt like that, So I didn't care because I was excited that everybody else was just gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Be as stressed out as I had been, and I was excited that we would equally be stressed. Yeah, be a stress best. Yes, I was excited about that. I don't know what to feel I feel like it was just a walking ball of anxiety for me anyway going into the house. So I had I mean, if you look at the expressions on my face nine or some time, it's just that like dead smile where I'm like, I'm like sang the word cheese, but there's no joy in my face. That's pretty much how I was feeling about it, which is understandable.
Speaker 2: Everybody had an anxiety because this wasn't a game that you kind of like skate by. Yes, you actually had to like work or and if your team or your pair or whomever didn't go, it was like a group of.
Speaker 1: You going down to the draw. There was no full I think there was comfort in the group of stress. Right, I agree, I kind of agree. I agree with that, you know, just like a misery loves company type of thing. I completely agree with that. I was, And that's you know, that's just what it was. And now get into this first elimination, right, we had Chet versus Frank, and then we had Jimmy versus LaToya, right with Toya or and Toya being voted in. So now Chet versus Frank, this one was really controversial then, and I know it's still chaps Chet's hide to this day. So everybody wanted to vote for Chet. And what's funny is on our Real World season, Grob Brooklyn, Chet and I could not stand each other. Couldn't stand it, couldn't stand him. You put a rat in my bed, couldn't stay Chet. And then on hour oh yeah, on a live rat in my bed while I was sleeping. Yeah, they caught it on like the night Vision cameras. Yes, absolutely, I'm gonna caught me on night Vision two getting arrested for him. Yeah, yes, I would have been a rat in his bed. It was quick fucking him up. Yes, yeah, it was a mess. And so this is why it's it's interesting because yes, so that had happened, and that hadn't happened that long before the free Agents, It hadn't been like crazy amount of time. And then on Battle of the Season, Chat was also very much an ass in general and on our team and to me. And so then I see him again at free Agents and the first Challenge, the first Daily. It's actually most people on our team were talking about voting him in, like that was kind of the consensus, and I wasn't for voting him in despite him having been an ass and I actually gave him a heads up after that team conversation that hey, this is what's why didn't you Why didn't I vote him in? You know, I don't, I think I felt. So I think two things. One, people underestimate the power of what happens when we get on those long ass flights and you know about this, and like sometimes the drama you guys see on the show, or even the hookups and the like, you may be like, damn, it's episode one. Why are they already in love because they sat next to each other on a twenty four hour flight and like talk the whole time or bond it. And so I do think that Chat and I when we because I still didn't know that many people. So when I was coming into this challenge and I heard Chat was coming, I think we ended up kind of talking a little bit before. And then I just saw him as like a brother. Even though he got on my nerves, I still kind of saw him as a brother. And I just I felt, I'll think a little bad for him, because I don't think. I don't think he's a bad person. Spoiler alert, we're friends now.
Speaker 2: You were on a different flight than me because on all of them, because you know what I like to do on the flights, I like to have some wine and go to sleep.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, before we get into it anymore, I definitely want to hear it. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: That was a rowdy group, like we party. We were also so young, like CT was the oldest person there.
Speaker 1: Is he older than bananas? Yes? Okay, then yeah, probably that's fair. It goes cet me really, Johnny, Okay, I just looked out held up. Yeah, I wouldn't guess, not a held up well, like a good wine or a table like a piece of George like that held up well, thank you? So it was it was. It's a rowdy bunch. I gave Chet heads up so he kind of knew what was uh, you know, what was coming and then what was craziest. So not only did Chet get voted in and I thought put up a very good fight. Also, can I say he looked This will probably never come in my mouth again though, but he actually looked dashing in his interviews when he was he was so cute, give me cute, looked very dashing. But anyway, so so the chin thing. A lot of people gave him flack for leaving when he cut his Chinn. No what, let's just play the clip. I mean, I know that it may sound like a way out, but I mean it's my face. Okay, so you're gonna forfeit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, buddy, Chat all.
Speaker 1: Right, check, go ahead and get your stitches. No worries.
Speaker 3: Frank still in the game.
Speaker 1: Chat. I think he's a coward. If your face is your money maker, why are you here? This is a challenge, is in America's next Top Model? What was Do you remember what your view was back then? And he said about it, like, yeah, what was it? It was exactly.
Speaker 2: I was like, buck up, Buttercup, put a band aid on it. Let's go see.
Speaker 1: And I was like, nope. I am with Chat all day every day. Not in real life, but I mean for that. Because one, if you go back and look, that thing was deep, like when the medics touched at one point you could literally see the flat like inside of it. That's a lot too. I just ate, but thank you, sorry you could. But to his thought was if I get it to stick up here, even if I win this elimination, he knew we were going to be in nasty water challenges, we were gonna be in all sorts of things that would like fast, so it's different. I'm not trying to get gangrene in my teeth. I don't know. I'm with chet.
Speaker 2: I opened all this up and they put stishes in it, and I still that's wild.
Speaker 1: And he's no. I wouldn't, I couldn't. I was with I stood with Chat on that, and I didn't think it was fair. They gave him flack, and I would have done the exact same thing, except for I would have wiped my bloody chin across.
Speaker 2: It would have been like, I'm going to need a few more things before we actually participate in this. I'd like to sign something. I'd like to also pad the chin of that. I would like to.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's full. Look, the one time I did walk into elimination an elimination, I went in, Granted, I put myself in, but I went in without any special you know, I was like ready to fight and then I didn't have to. But that's another that's another season. So okay, So that was brutal, But also so when I watched, even though we've seen it, a million times. We know how the outcome plays out. Watching LaToya versus Jimmy. Wow, the look on everyone's faces when LaToya does that fake out and slams it in the little ring thing and then does that like chicken walk of like yes, I am a bad bitch. Oh my goodness. Even nine years later, it still rings as a fabulous moment. And I love Jimmy too, but my god, LaToya just whoo.
Speaker 2: But that's what your It's like rooting for the It's like agreeing with the group to vote a certain way, but wishing the underdog would win. Like that's kind of how I was, like, I didn't really want to. I was trying to play it kind of saved for myself, but I secretly was like, come on, LaToya, and she has that grit like she was scrab oh yeah, oh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That was so entertaining to watch. Oh, she was so good when she was like, don't kick my head, Nah, don't kick my head. I know I love her.
Speaker 2: Listen, I can wait to get to the LaToya and Brandon show because now that girl, that was something else, and that should have been real.
Speaker 1: The Swift and Jasmine and the Toya and Brandon, remember, because they would sit on doctor Devin's couch. I would do my little talk show. I'd interview the couples. Remember I was a dude in one of the things, the dating one where I had the cucumber the facial hair, and we will get into that on another day. Much but your girl was a cute boy. She's just saying she serves on other sides. That's true. Okay, So now let's fast forward to episode two. Now I have this is a very I don't know what the word is, but it's a very powerful episode for me because of what happened that you guys did not see. Some of you have heard. It alluded to Cet and I actually had a conversation about this a couple of weeks ago. It challenged media and he actually brought it up, which was very interesting, and he remembers it all details that have not particularly been spoken about out until now. And this is regarding the Camilla CT nanny fight. I'm getting real tired of everybody giving me a hard time when I just bought everybody's drinks tonight. Should I talk a little bit to the girls or whatever?
Speaker 3: It's probably an appropriate boy, man.
Speaker 1: It was fun. I'm not fighting you. I was defending her, and now she wants to fight me. Now I'm really ready to kill her. M hmm. There's a real origin of why that fight started that has never really been spoken about. It also led to my behind almost getting lost in Urguay. Well, actually did I did get lost in you you were stuck? I did. But I'm clearly found now. So it's okay. But the real reason that it happened? Should I tell the real reason? Nissa? Yeah, because I feel like I may know it already. I feel you have to you. I'm sure we talked like I'm sure you knew about it then, but you may have forgot about it, Okay. So look, it's the early weeks. I think that was the first time we went out as a group like that, like to the club, stayed at Mobi Decks. Yeah, we went out and we were out to like four morning and so in the days leading up to that, because I was new, I was rookie, all right, don't judge whatever, Like Cet and I had a little flirt thing going because it's what happens when you get in the house at first, right, you flirt a little bit. In the first week and then about a second week. You could you could have you could have picked somebody worse something you did. Yeah, we had a little flirt thing going on. We would like, you know, he'd let me wear his code, I'd be cold. Da da da. So that night that we were going out, we chose to sit next to each other on the bus, like this was a planned thing that like, oh, and we sat in the back of the bus. No, nothing happened, but we like sat in the back of the bus. Don't make that face, andsa nothing happened. So he sat in the back of the bus, you know, flirt and talk and blah blah blah go to the club. And also the way I operate, I don't generally like people in my business, so like, even if I'm flirting with someone, I'm not doing it in front of a million people. So you're not gonna see me making out in front of people. You're not gonna see me. That's not my Although there were several couples as we saw that night, let's run through the real quick. What was it Dustin and Jessica with Emily wishing she was Joensica and then uh who at Laurel and Jordan and Nanni and Kahutta and wait, there's one wars in the war. Not yet, okay, I feel like there's not yet. Yeah, yeah, okay. So so those are the other couples we saw. But anyway, Cet and I had this kind of flirt thing going on. Now the night's ending, right, everybody's about to get back on the bus. Cet is pissed because somehow all the drinks did end up on his tab. I don't know how, but they did. Oh well, this becomes a current theme. Current theme has been and continued, will continue to, will continue. The person was no longer good keep on. So we walk out of the venue. So Cet and actually leave and head for the bus a little earlier than other people, Like a lot of people are still in the bar being wild. So he and I walk out, and as I walk out, there's some Australian dude at a bar nearby, because I remember, and he said the were kind of like a cover for shadowing adow. I'm marrying an Australian in like a week, but not that Australian. But there was an Australian and there was like a thing of bars. Yeah, there's a thing of bars. And there's some Arsterralian dude. And when I walk out, this Australian dude started yelling things at me and I don't remember what he was saying, but he was just like yelling stuff and I'm in like a little mini dress whatever, and CT hears it, and CT yells at him's like, you know, shut the f up, and the Australian dude starts yelling back, and CET gets livid and starts yelling and cursing at the Australian dude. I mean, it's mad, but I appreciate he's defending my honor. Well, Camilla is drunk behind, comes outside, not knowing anything about anything, and just gets in CT's space and starts yelling and cursing at CT. Well, now CT's aggravated at this Australian dude who was saying things to me, and is now aggravated at Camilla because you won't I mean, you guys have seen the tape, shit in his face, yeah, and she won't shut up. And that's why too. If you notice at first, Cet is actually relatively calm, sitting on a bench when Camilla is just like yelling, yelling, yelling, yelling, yelling at him. It's cause he wasn't even mad at her at first. He was defending me. Meanwhile, my behind is like, I don't like drama. I'm gonna go get on the back of the bus. So I went and got back in my seat, figuring CT would come meet me, when all of a sudden done instead, Camilla starts fighting with him. He starts arguing back, Nannie starts fighting Camilla. It becomes a whole whole thing. So anyway, that's the origin. It was because CT and I were flirting at the time. Flirting has never been more dangerous than in that moment that CT ended up not riding back on the back of the bus of the bus, but ended up staying in a home. She was You were a party of one, so I became a party of the one on the way home, which means I got forgotten about because Nanni and Camilla continued to fight. So when they fall asleep, I fell asleep. Allegedly I fell asleep with the armor rid It was two hours. Though it was two hours and it was four'clock in the morning, know that, thank you. It was four o'clock in the morning. We all and of course I'd been drinking a little bit. Everybody would have been. I was in the very back, the very back. So uh. The bus got to the house, CT's nowhere on it because he had to be quarantine basically for the day to chill out. Nanny and Camilla allegedly get in a fight when you guys get back to the house and so.
Speaker 2: No, they were fighting in the car. That's when the pulling of the weave happened. That's why Nana had all her hair in her hands.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well there you go. I was asleep during that, clearly. And then when we get to the back of the house on the bus in the sept I was asleep. And so everybody runs off, including the camera crew, to film the remainder of this fight. They don't do a head count, so the bus driver then leaves and goes back to the bus depot. At four o'clock in the morning, parks the bus turns on all the lights. He and his little cronies are standing there at the front, and I wake up, thinking we must be back at the challenge house, only to realize there is no one on the bus but me and this bus driver and my leather mini dress. I have no cell phone, I have no ID, I don't know the address of where we're staying. I don't know anything, and I'm like, I might end up in your way forever. Fast forward. Fortunately I didn't, thanks to a local PA who came to rescue me. We almost almost us had a corner and so then I never flirted Cet again. So that that is that origin story. But watching it back is interesting. I mean, it's funny now. Yeah, honestly, it.
Speaker 2: Is so funny. It was probably yeah, definitely. Plus you didn't speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: Did you, girl? I spoke Ola, coma Sta movie and grass and Kuka. Okay, you know, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. And then I see so it's this dude and he looks at me. I look at him and I'm like, oh crap. But I also had to go to the bathroom. So I go to the front of the bus because it's one of those coach buses, and I go to get in the bathroom and as I walk past on the door was the door was opened to the bus and there were five year a Guayan mans standing around talking to each other and they see me walk by and they just go silent and they look up at me and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell, plan this when I become a lifetime right.
Speaker 1: I was like this, this this is gonna be an interning day mine episode. We didn't have Hulu back then, but it would have been a Hulu documentary pressure. And then I go back and sit down after going to the rest. And then two minutes later, this scrownie you're going guy runs on the bus and motions for me to follow him. And in that moment, while I didn't know him either or Spanish, I thought, well, one is better than five, and I can probably take this Scrannie you're going, I can more than I.
Speaker 2: Could take these five, but learn some things from LaToya and right I was getting tired.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, I feel like I could probably take this one if I had to choose. So then he takes me to this white van, you know, the white van. I'm talking like the vans that they tell you not to get into it. The option. So he takes his white van, but he has the only options. He has me sit in the front and he puts my seat belts on, and I remember in that moment, even though it was in Toxick, going well in the movies and the horror films, they don't usually care if you put your seatbelt on, so he cares because they're gonna kill you, so he probably I just remember going grossier, grossiest, because that's all I am finished with. Yeah, and then we rode for forty minutes, and eventually I saw the house lights pop up in the distance and I was like, wow, thank you Lord. The end. Anyway, so episode two a good and momentous, eventful time. Let's talk about the voting of that. What were your thoughts about them voting in Dustin? Was that left field? I can't remember or like, did you kind of see that coming?
Speaker 2: I wasn't really a part of that, like understand, like I wasn't as close with Laurel than like than previous times, like I thought, you know, so I didn't know what she was thinking of in terms of that. But I also thought like, eh, it's probably not gonna be me, So I'm not really worried about it, right right like most people.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Kahuta, you know, seems like a very even keel like straight shooter.
Speaker 1: So it hearing.
Speaker 2: Kahuda's rationale, I was like, oh, well that makes sense, right.
Speaker 1: It was not his perspective, yes.
Speaker 2: And then I understand Laurel backing him, So it's you know, it was unfortunate because that Dustin and I clicked and we were just like little buddy dance buddies, and I absolutely adored him.
Speaker 1: So it was very you know, remember the dance parties we used to have in the house when Dustin was stayed there. That was like a dance. I was like, Oh, do your dougie, babe. I was so excited. I was like this white boy doing his douggie. Get up, Dusty. He had a little swag he did.
Speaker 2: That's why I loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was so great, h so good. It was good times. It was sad to see him go, And it was tough for Frank because Frank really has an uphill battle not to give any spoilers away, even though the season came out nine years ago, but not skip spoilers away, but like so far, I mean getting the kill card twice, I can't even imagine, like back to back, can't even imagine. Yeah, and Frank and I were really close, so I was this was like a I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I had Oh I was close with Zach, I thought, but I was closer with Frank. I didn't know how many close friends I had there, So it's nice to you have like the comfort of somebody. So it's like equally well not equally stressful because I wasn't in there, but to watch him have to go back to back, and Frank hadn't been feeling well, so like on top of that, like you don't want to have to, you know, fight all the time, especially when you don't feel great.
Speaker 1: So that was difficult because you know, and he brings him a good point to not being able to prepare mentally right because since both times were draw, it's not like you have a day, which is usually what happens, right, because we do you have some time usually to kind of like prepare for the fact that, okay, I'm going to be going in. But when you in this scenario, you always had to be ready. Do you feel like Anissa, you anytime you were in the draw that you mentally were like that you did try to get yourself in that mode or.
Speaker 2: It's almost like if you pull it, it turns on, I would imagine. So like I knew there was a chance, I know there's a one in four, you know that it was gonna happen. I just felt hopefully that luck was going to be on my side right season, right, So like that's all you can that's all you can hope for. You really can't do much more than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think same way. But also my goofy behind. I don't think I could get mentally in the zone if I wanted to, like I would have to really be in it. I don't think I could have prepared myself to, like, yeah, be in that. I just would be frustrated having to pack up all my shoes and dresses and stuff. Again. But it was a lot why I brought so many heels to the challenges beyond, girl.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you thought you were going so.
Speaker 1: Many dresses, so much makeup. I used to give makeup classes. Oh, it was a lot.
Speaker 2: Where and we walked to the zone arena whatever it was called, because it was it was on our property we lived in like some gazillionaires like all glass and stone.
Speaker 1: And then J had like a separate house on the property too. Remember it was like up towards the front. I believe there was like a city. Yeah, I believe it was like we couldn't see it except for when we would drive in and out, you know, like the drive down in there, it was like over and there. I believe God.
Speaker 2: I remember pulling up there the first night and jumping off that bus getting our rooms.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I feel like seniority, Like if you've been here the longest, you get the you get the sweet with the biggest closet, with the biggest class.
Speaker 1: I don't give a shit. Uh, I'm getting old. I don't want to have to sprint with these kids. I'm accident prone. I needs to flip coin for the orthopedic bit. All right, you can't just listen.
Speaker 2: I don't care if there's a twin bed in there. I just want the biggest bathroom, the biggest closet.
Speaker 1: That was my move for this season, but I didn't get it until basically everyone starts to get I mean, I don't want to give spoilers away, but a certain stuff. But it happens every and then, right, we had, but this happens every season to help with productions ability to film things efficiently, right that once people start moving, they start marrying the room. So like everybody's gonna have to go get out. Yeah, they start shutting solid. Yeah. So they'll be like, oh, there's only two people in here, Well, why don't you to move to this room? Mm hmmm mm hm. That started some shit too, mm hmmm. And we'll talk about that more of the season because I actually think that that helped in doing that. It can really help impact your game, and positively or negatively because people that you do or don't talk to you just yeah, it just does. So who you room with is really important. And the fact that the producers essentially at a certain point may force you to move. They don't tell you necessarily who to go with, but just again, like a Nissa said, just for efficiency's sake, these are big ass houses, and so at a certain point, when there's five people left, you can't have him to go, you know, yeah, just running from one room to the next. It's a lot. Yeah, so they have to shut it down. So yeah, so then okay, we get into this elimination right. I forget what they called it, something in the wall, but this one was fascinating to me. What are your thoughts about when you first saw who was Frank versus Dustin? Who do you remember who you would have thought your money was on? Or maybe when you did the rewatch.
Speaker 2: I know that Dustin's a little bit longer, so his reach would probably help him. But I know Frank is strong shit and super athletic, so it's anybody's on that side. For the girls, I mean, Johnny's taller too, but like, no, is she tall?
Speaker 1: I thought Emily was like tall.
Speaker 2: Oh they're like the same size, yeah, Emily.
Speaker 1: But she yeah, yeah, Emily's not short. And it's called the wrecking Wall, by the way, I've forgot, but the wrecking Wall, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that john A powered through that one because I feel like she felt she felt like people that looked in and look at her as d either right, It's nice to have that. Going against my friend and elimination is not going to change my performance at all, no matter what. When I compee, I give it everything that I have.
Speaker 1: And so when I'm punching through that wall, I'm gonna be thinking about Laurel the entire time. I'm really upset. I don't want to go against Johnny. She's like a sister to me, but I'm not ready to go home someone to use that as my motivation to get to the top. Also, we do have to get into this and actually we should have said this part earlier, but maybe we did, but we're just going to reiterate it. This is a rewatch. We are so excited to be rewatching with all of you. But because it is a rewatch, we cannot be held irresponsible. No one else will be held responsible for the things that we may or may not have said or done almost ten years ago. Okay, so we get it. Look, there are things that we watch that we are currently watching back and we will cringe and warm from what we were watching that you were kissed. So I don't regret our kiss Anisan too. There, Yeah, I know, so just please don't like we just just just know imperpetuity from now in perpetuity, we already know that there are some things that are said. Now, with that said, let's get into this Emily Jessica thing here, girl, let me tell you one thing about us back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like people people don't people may not well, they may not know. But when you were, like if you were eighties baby, I feel like the fights girls got in were very like she's fat, she's a slot and this girl could probably weigh one twenty five tall and a virgin and she is a sluthhorror, she's such a batch fucking hate her like a fox. But to watch it back, I giggled because I was just like, Emily just has some of these one liners, and I'm like, bitch.
Speaker 1: Emily was really mad. Emily wan like I do, I remember that like feud a little. I mean, she'd be called a few because it's really one sided because jess was just living her best life, do anything. It went poor Dustin. Dustin was equally into jess and it was Emily who just decided, like Emily just thought in her mind and look, I Emily cracks me up. But I do feel like nowadays we'd probably call it Karen behavior, just because Emily decided in her mind out of nowhere, she goes, hmm, I want Dustin. I don't care that he's talking to Jessica.
Speaker 2: Jessica's going to make it a confident kind of go go for your ship, girl, I mean, go for.
Speaker 1: It when there's respectful no one, yeah, no one else there. I get it. Yeah yeah, But it was wild. But he didn't need to kiss her either. He didn't and he you know, he was just a kid in the cat. Dustin didn't know what to do himself in his bed.
Speaker 2: But it was just like every girl was a slut. I mean, Nanny said it, somebody else said it.
Speaker 1: It was just like, I'm like, what are these what are these girls about herself? Like everybody? Yeah, I'm like self proclaimed, I don't give a ship, but like, what.
Speaker 2: Were these girls doing on the off season that everybody's getting caught a slut? Like damn, y'all wasn't over here with me? Because I'm surprised, you know, yeah, because that is he.
Speaker 1: Said it with conviction, like she knew what her that was. That's fair, that's true. I'm like, what what, how are you seeing this ship? Like, we don't know it?
Speaker 2: That season that was when we didn't hang out with each other outside of it either.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like people would be hooking up on the low though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there'd be one person you could see her well, yes, because there's some hookups we know, doubt that they don't talk about on the show. But if you watching that us taking them to the gray, Anissa, why don't you do give us.
Speaker 1: A hint to one. Oh, I'm not telling you anything. It's just me and you. Nobody else is listening.
Speaker 2: Listen and I tell all book, I may name them, but I'm not that kind of person. You know, I'll tell you off air. Okay, it'll be a wedding present.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sweet. I really would love that it's not on my registry, but I would totally take this. I don't want to see your registry diamonds. It is not diamond racist. Just if you want to contribute to our honeymoon and more countries than you were more than welcome to, but you were not required to because your presence is the present. That's literally what it says. Oh my god. But if we'd like to think you, ma'am, but I love your wedding present, that'd be great telling me you. So. Yeah, there's a lot of that, and I'm actually a little nervous as the season progresses, how much more. I feel like there's got to be more. And we haven't even gotten to the Bachelor and bachelorette parties that occur on this season. Yes girl, yes girl, because I think we we co hosted the bachelorette party because we were not dancing at it.
Speaker 2: I had enough on a stripper because that already got I got slept shamed enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and me, I just don't have enough rhythm for it. Really, but it's.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get caught a beat. These people don't care. They never play the right music with you.
Speaker 1: That's actually fair. See if I'd known that, then that's actually fair.
Speaker 2: So what's really funny, and I feel like a lot of people don't know, was that you could be the most skilled dancer in the world. But because MTV doesn't have clearance for about ninety nine percent of the songs that we actually hear out, they will then put a song that is cleared on over you dancing, so it's.
Speaker 1: Not what you were listening to. We know we're actually dancing.
Speaker 2: Is a different cos it wasn't so you could always, even though you might not have rhythm, blame it on MTV.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That is actually one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: That's the only time you can blame them on the edit, I think, for real, for real. With each new podcast comes a new segment. So here we have a few segments with relation to free Agents. So, Devin, I'm gonna ask you your TVT moment of the episode or your favorite moment of the episode and your leave that in the past moment.
Speaker 1: My favorite moment of the episodes we're combining episodes one and two would have to be Latoya's SmackDown, and not because I don't love Jimmy. I do. LaToya could have been doing it against anyone, but the way she showed up, showed out and kept running her mouth the whole time, it still gives me feels, all these years later, I love you LaToya for that. Yes, girl, May we all find our inner LaToya this week and then for the let's leave that in the past. Well, there's so much, you know, it's so much. I'm sure we'll get to but let's say, let's leave in the past. Maybe this is the matchmaker in me, because you know that's my real job, y'all. When two people seem to be hitting it off, let's leave them be and not think to ourselves. I mean, it's good to have self confidence, but let's not say, well, I want that person, so I'm just going to go and take them because they It may make you look like a fool, but be it's just you know, wait your turn. Yeah, let's leave that in the past. What about you, Anissa, what was your favorite moment of the episode and what would you like to leave in the past.
Speaker 2: Well, my favorite, My favorite part of the episode was after I think the second episode, there's like an outtake from like what you didn't see on the show, and it's of Preston in bed and Johnny Riley gets to serve him, has to serve him breakfast without a shirt on, and he is just pleased. He was like, there's nothing like eggs and a ten pack and then it's lovely to have meat with breakfast. So I loved Preston. I wish they showed more of his personality because he was hilarious. So that was a very funny moment of like just encompassing like how silly we all were to yeah and how yeah we were a family.
Speaker 1: Let's leave that in the past.
Speaker 2: I mean we could, we could leave all the slut shamen in the past, because lord ladies, everybody was a slut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of that said. Yeah, you know, so if we could just leave.
Speaker 2: The s where in the past, unless you're saying it about yourself or your friends would like to be only referred to as that.
Speaker 1: Or if it's what you like in the bedroom, hey go you you know, yeah, of course, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever that means to you though, because that you know that's fair, could be very different. I'm also gonna leave my secret hookups in the past as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And these were great episodes here with Anissa and Devon.
Speaker 1: But before you leave them in the past and hesa, if they want to find you and maybe coerks you into sharing some of your hotch, can they call you on social I take money and candles. You can find me.
Speaker 2: At Anissa MTV on Instagram. That's a n e s a m t V. I am nowhere else but devn is.
Speaker 1: You can buy me on devinsimone dot com. That's said with the y smoke and I swore down to the bottom. You'll see my socials. I'm most active on Instagram, which is Devin Simone. So is Twitter, so is TikTok. You can also see sneak peak of the new show him on if you go to my Instagram, So go check that out. And if you liked this episode, remember to rate and review us on Spotify or Apple podcasts. Let us know in the comments some of your favorite moments from the episodes. We love that you guys are rewatching it with us dm us and let us know some questions you may have had about the season, and maybe we will be able to shout you out and incorporate your questions in future episodes. And make sure you tell a friend and a friend of a friend and all the friends, but also warn them that this was shot many years ago and that some of the things were no longer condonarty.
Speaker 2: Not yes, and we will not be held responsible for our younger actions. Exactly where to it and also remember you can watch the Challenge free Agents along with us right now for free.
Speaker 1: Go to Paramount plus.
Speaker 2: Dot com and news Code Challenge Pod to try one month free term supply and we.
Speaker 1: Will see you back here next week for a brand new episode. And rewatch as we continue going through the Challenge free Agents of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Hey,