Speaker 1: Welcome back to an episode where we can't stop talking. This is part too enjoy. Then we flip to the Matthews living room. Corey and Tapanga are prepping Alan and Amy. You guys are gonna be so proud of us because I went into the world, I did my homework, and I made it happen. I made it happen. Alan is suspicious, would you do to pega vouches? No, it's good. I didn't think it was good at first, but it is. She urges Corey to show them a document he pulls out of his pocket. All we need are your signatures and we'll have our dream home. Corey gleefully adds with nook, okay, he hands the contract over to his parents. As soon as you sign this, we are completely on our own. Amy asks what this is, and Alan explains this is a loan application for an eighty thousand dollars house. Amy comments, I don't like it when you call him an idiot, but Alan didn't call him anything, so Amy admits, oh, I must have thought it in my head.
Speaker 2: Good mind, Yeah, it is very funny.
Speaker 1: Corey butts in and nervously asks what's going on. Alan tells him you want us to sign your eighty thousand dollars mortgage so that when you don't pay it. Corey interjects, we're gonna pay it, but Alan continues his shpiel. Then they can come and take our house. Is that what you want us to sign?
Speaker 3: Corey?
Speaker 1: Amy reiterates, do you realize how ridiculous you are? Corey doesn't get it, so Amy, the one time real estate agent, or maybe a still active real estate agent, paints it out for him. You can't buy a house before you have a job. Alan breaks it down. You get a job, save for a down payment, then buy the house. Corey argues, no, Dad, it's gonna take us forever to raise that kind of money. Nah uh uh, we just heard it was only a week.
Speaker 3: Well, Corey, Topeka don't have jobs, though, do that?
Speaker 1: I know? Why don't they have jobs?
Speaker 3: Because they're in school? They're in college, sure.
Speaker 1: But don't most college kids have jobs?
Speaker 3: Not most? But I don't think most.
Speaker 4: I would maybe have you did, yeah, but I just think I think a lot of people dedicate those that time.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, if you can afford it, right, you don't, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, they set it up so they've said several times during the episode, not just for Corey and to Panga, but also for Sean and Angela. People are quote unquote helping them or helping to pay are Corey and to Panga asking Alan and Amy to co sign while also helping to pay for Corey and Eric in college. So they have two kids in college a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, unless they have loans. Unless they have student loans or scholarships. Are grants that we don't know about. It appears as though the Matthews are paying well. At least Eric has a job. He's working at the student union.
Speaker 2: He's doing something.
Speaker 1: Correy is not. And Topanga, who knows what her family's financial situation is. It seems as though her daddy was rich, but maybe they're on their own now.
Speaker 5: It's interesting they never they didn't and you have to imagine he still has the Wilderness Store.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: Also, Topanga and Angela worked at a Mexican restaurant in high school and now in college don't work.
Speaker 4: I mean, it seems like Topanga would definitely have a job, right like she she would be like already interning somewhere at least yes, or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not the type of person that wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: But her father fathers are luthier bankers. Yeah, can be very lucrative.
Speaker 4: Once you asked me, Danielle, I realized, like, yeah, everybody I know had a job in college. In college, my wife worked through college. All of my friends had jobs. Yeah, they definitely all had jobs.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it's about uh needing it, per se. I think it's about wanting it. It's it is you. I can see in high school parents saying it would be I know, you're allowed to start working at sixteen, but it would be my preference that you not, so that you can really focus on your SATs and that you can you know, but by the time you get to college, that's really a time to like figure out what it feels like to live in the world, not just like I have no other responsibilities and all I have to do is focus on my tests.
Speaker 4: It's like it really depends. I mean, there are some programs that are so yeah, you know, like if you're a pre med if you're like you don't have time, you literally are working so hard just to you know, get all your units in four years or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, Topanga steps in, Dad, I'm calling you, dad. She takes a seat next to her in laws. The house that we're in right now is very bad. We would have invited you there, except it's very bad. Alan shakes his head. I'm sorry that it's very bad. Amy agrees. We know this isn't easy for you. Corey emotionally pleads with them. Look, we're dying in that place. Why do you keep shutting us down? Alan responds calmly, Corey, my son, whom I love. Figure it out. Cory fires back, you think I'm going to figure out what kind of father wants his kids to have a bad time. I'm never going to figure that out. Never. Corey tells Tapega he doesn't even know why they came here, and then walks out to Pegs choked up and agrees. She tells Amy and Allen, I don't understand this either, and walks out as sad piano music plays.
Speaker 6: He was sad.
Speaker 5: It was sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now alone. Amy turns to Alan, I hate this. He puts his arm around her and kisses her forehead.
Speaker 3: I know I think they should have signed a loan for them. You do, yes, I don't. I think you know, I think the point.
Speaker 4: The point is are you showing responsibility and taking on more responsibility? And I feel like when Corey shows up and says I have a plan, We're going to be able to pay this off, that that is going to your parents and saying I'm trying to, I need to, I want to take the next step in life. And I'm like, I think that if your kid is that responsible.
Speaker 5: You're risking of it because if they do default on the loan, they come after you and your.
Speaker 1: And if they go, we don't have the money to easily cover it.
Speaker 4: If you evaluate your kid right, which in this case, evaluate Corey into Panga, Uh, I think I would take that bet that they're going.
Speaker 3: To be responsible.
Speaker 4: Like Corey's not a troublemaker, He's not a lazy guy.
Speaker 2: Like what, we have a job? You said yourself a job.
Speaker 4: I'm imagining that they have a job because in my mind to Panga definitely has a job, and like I could or you know, a plan, Like I just don't.
Speaker 1: I agree that they're they'd set it up in this scene. First you get a job, then you get a house. If if this were my real life scenario and I were going to my parents. Yes, my dad absolutely would have co signed on a loan for me. And by the way, did I think because I when I bought my when I bought my first house, I had no real credit history. And and it's weird when you buy a place and you're an actor and they want like three years of your last pay stubs and it's like, well, two years ago, i made a ton of money and the last two years I've made zero money. Like, my dad did co sign on a place for me. But my dad would have wanted to see if I were Corey into Panga, what job did you have? Can I see your past ubs? How much are you making? How long have you had this job? Are there any pitfalls you see? Is there a reason you think you might get fired or that you might not want to keep this job? My dad would want to see a very well thought out, for lack of a better term, business plan.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we're in Corey Intopanga's department. Angela inspects their rusty oven and tells Topanga it's nice. She responds loudly Liyah. Angela admits, when you said stinkhole, I really didn't think it was a stinkhole, but it is it is a stinkhole, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I didn't need to hear.
Speaker 1: We say it too many times. It's just normal, is forget we hear it?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Sean takes a look at the place and decides, I think it has possibilities. Corey wonders, like what greasefire, wrecking ball or the place just falls apart on its own because it knows it should. Sean tries to look at the bright side. This is the type of place we always said we wanted to live in, right, Corey reminds him he's married now, but Tapega immediately jumps in, no, hey, if you guys want to live here, you can go right ahead. Sean and Angela suggest various ways to redecorate their little space, a bookshelf, a romantic photograph. Corey explains, guys, we're not gonna fix this place up. Okay, it's not like we're gonna live here. Sean wonders where they plan on living then, and Tapanga tells them about the dream house with a nook, but Sean still doesn't get it. Corey asks, what's not to get We hate this house and I'm going to get us into that other house with or without my cheapskate dad, Sean points out, they've already got a great place to start. Why don't you slow down for a second and take a look around you. This is your place, man, fix it up. Have an imagination. Corey laughs, you have an imagination. Look what we've got here, Sean, imagine this is the water you drink. He turns on the faucet and brown water come shooting out. Corey catches it in a glass and offers it to Sean. Go ahead, drink the mud. Sean snaps at him. Corey, imagine you have some pride in the place and fix the rusty pipes. You want to live in a nice place, you're going to have to work at it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: Hearing all this, I was surprised that Sean doesn't bring up his upbringing, right, I thought so too. It seems like an easy thing to be like, dude, you know, I lived in a trailer and.
Speaker 1: I loved it and it was just my hole.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The home is wherever you make out of it, you know, Like I don't know. It's surprising that the writers didn't fall back on that.
Speaker 1: They kept all the on the nose dialogue for the Bee storyline, I am a spoiled brat who gets whatever she wants hippotism land, and on this one they wanted us to read between the lines ambiguous.
Speaker 2: With the Sean storyline.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you want to live in a nice place, You're going to have to work at it, and then someday maybe you'll be lying next to each other on the floor with the sun streaming in the window, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper, which, as Will pointed out, is apparently the textbook definition of marriage.
Speaker 2: You ever hit the pinnacle of marriage?
Speaker 5: My friend were sharing a newspaper on the floor, sipping coffee.
Speaker 1: Marriage. It should be on the post, on the poster for marriage.
Speaker 3: It should.
Speaker 1: Corey scoffs, that's easy for you to say, mister. I live with my girlfriend in a great apartment that I lucked into and you know what, you guys aren't even married.
Speaker 3: How fair is that.
Speaker 1: After a few seconds of silence, Sean admits I don't know, thanks for.
Speaker 7: Having us, and I was like, yes, angsty, Sean is back.
Speaker 2: I was so happy to see him.
Speaker 4: I was like, there, he is.
Speaker 2: Kind of existential Christ.
Speaker 3: And walk out. I was open your face. Uh.
Speaker 4: At this point, Rachel is moving out. Yeah, Cory to Mega can move in. Yep, they could even have separate bedrooms because exactly, it's so dumb.
Speaker 5: Do you want to you want to mopen a stinkhole? What's happened in my friend?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna open your stinkhole?
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 2: Okay, so moping in a stink hoole?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I got four body chills again. Oh my god. Angela quickly follows suit and politely adds, we had a very nice time to paying a yells atter again. Liar now alone in their whole Corey into paying a share a moment of sadness.
Speaker 3: It's funny that pole is like easier.
Speaker 1: It doesn't take it as much it is.
Speaker 3: It's so true.
Speaker 2: Then your hithole doesn't sound too good.
Speaker 1: We're in the student union. We are uncomfortably zoomed in on bridgets butt while she's.
Speaker 3: Playing I couldn't actually this is like that.
Speaker 4: This is like one of the few times I feel like, I mean, well, I guess our show is pretty yeah, but but it's like using the camera to actually zoom in on a.
Speaker 5: And I get They cut their pulling back and then it's supposed to be that Eric is leering at her, which doesn't make it any better, But there is something about the camera shot itself that does take it to another level.
Speaker 4: The gas man yeah oh.
Speaker 1: Nearby, Eric admits to Jack, I can't keep my eyes off her tushy. Jack grabs him to bring him back to reality. You must don't let that tushy control you. Eric repeats, bad tushy, and Jack emphasizes the point evil, but Eric still walks towards her. I want it. Jack holds him back. She knows you want it, she knows you'd be her pet.
Speaker 3: Interesting question, and maybe do you?
Speaker 4: I mean because Michael had worked with coal right, like they went back, Like does that make this kind of camera shot okay for him? Because like I don't know if he would have zoomed in on a guest star's butt, Like that's a really bold camera thing to do. We've had lots of like hot girls and we augle them in that's, but for the camera itself, for the show itself to begin zoomed in like that's.
Speaker 1: We also have never commented on whether or not someone's body had been surgically and but we did with her. But we do with her, So it one hundred percent think their familiarity, yes, and child she was treated less respectfully.
Speaker 5: Yes, differently it was or I think yes, yes, you know what, it's so funny we see it as less respectfully.
Speaker 2: It would be Michael being like, well, she's a friend exactly.
Speaker 3: I know, because it's because.
Speaker 2: John defyant, Yeah, buying her.
Speaker 3: This job and it's a good part.
Speaker 2: She knows. I'm like this, he knows exactly the thing.
Speaker 4: But I yeah, it just occurred to me that, like, I don't think he would have gotten away with that shot. I don't think we would have even tried it attempted. You know, you just have a hot girl and you have that, but the camera itself, yeah, and then making a yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that that's because of familiarity.
Speaker 2: And I have I have an honest question. Is there anything redeeming about this beast story? Anything?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think Danielle pointed out that it could have the dynamic of of Matt Lauren Jack meeting another Jack, like meeting a female version of him is a cool idea, and I like that he like that that he's not going to fall for her, like that first bit.
Speaker 3: Where he's like I'm basically the male version of you. I thought it was. I think that's a cool observation.
Speaker 4: And it's nice for Jack to be a little self aware about him, like being a rich party boy. That is cool that and I wish they did more of that throughout the show because it gives.
Speaker 3: It more of a character.
Speaker 1: It's smilarly to the episode. Keep bringing up the monkey episode, similarly to the way Jack learned about himself that there is a downside to what he's like. It would have been redeeming and nice if she taught him something about himself. And if the lesson of this had actually been that he becomes a better person because of something she inadvertently teaches him because he sees a similarity in them, then that would have been redeeming. But they set something up and sucking, so Eric is thrilled. Did she say that Jack calls Bridget a sadist just looking for a masochist, and again Eric is elated. Did she say that this is another one of our moments from the season seven Bluebers where you grab Matt's muscle and say, guy, you're well built, and he goes, thank you, and then he has to get back into characters.
Speaker 2: It's favorite.
Speaker 7: Thanks, You're like the way you do it, really God, you're really really well built.
Speaker 3: So earnestly. Just thanks you.
Speaker 4: He's like thanks, and then he's like, con so funny, funny, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Jack kicks it up a notch. Here's what she'll say, clean the toilets, ground the espresso, count the cups, and then you'll say, I will get to it when I'm good and ready. Show shut your cake hole, Irene. Do we know where Irene came from?
Speaker 4: Okay, cake hole, stinkhole, cakele versus, I'll take a cake hole.
Speaker 2: Of the week.
Speaker 5: Also, we we really show in this episode again there is a fashionation with the word tushy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we love tushy.
Speaker 2: Tushy all the time, all the time. For season tushy.
Speaker 4: The last episode, your mama wiped my tushy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the word for it. We say tushy all the time.
Speaker 1: Eric responds, her name is Bridgett, and I wrote her this poem. He pulls out a comically large piece of paper and begins reciting bridget you make me fidget. Then he holds the ginormous piece of paper back up and returns it to his pocket. That's all he's got. I feel like that was a will thing. I'm on cute, it's funny on cube. Bridget appears, Hello, pretty boys. She takes a seat on the coffee bar and asks, have you scrubbed the toilets, ground, the espresso, counted the cups. Jack puts on a brave face and confidently answers, I will get to it when I'm good and ready, so shut your cake hole, Irene. Bridget looks to Eric, how about you, bonehead? Jack whispers with encouragement, cakele, Cakele. Eric pauses, not knowing what to say, and then blurts out Jack thinks you're a bad girl and I'll fall prey to your tushy. Jack is very disappointed as Eric calmly continues, I think you're a sweet little farm girl who likes to hold hands on the porch. Bridget sticks out her leg and matter of factly demands Eric to take off her shoe and suck her third toe. Eric's face slides up and he falls to the ground without hesitation. Bridget turns her attention back to Jack.
Speaker 3: This is really it? Huh? Are you're thinking that there was another? Nope? Turn or point to the storyline.
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, by the way, you're fired with that, Eric calls out from the floor, and I'm in a brand new, healthy relationship, all right.
Speaker 5: A what the and B If I had to do it over again, I would have said that with my mouthful.
Speaker 1: No, right, but it's true. Then we're in Corey in Tepega's dorm. To PEG's depressed on the couch as Corey paces the living room. He's venting about Sean, claiming he's in a cushy apartment, living the good life, eating bonbonds. Tapega admits a bookshelf would look cute in the corner, but Corey doesn't want to hear it. You know, we're a bookshelf would look good in the nook. To Pega breaks it to him, We're not going to have a nook right now, He desperately asks, we're not to Penga reiterates no. Corey takes a look around and sighs, So we live here now? She nods. He takes a spot next to her on the couch and asks, what if I built us a nook. She explains there isn't any room, so Corey asks, what if I fix the sink? Topanga asks if he knows how to fix a sink, and he admits no. She laughs, you never thought you'd ever have to fix a sink, did you? Corey chuckles no, and so Tapanga offers to help. He's shocked, haha, you know how to fix a sink. Now it's her turn to admit she has no clue. Corey states, so neither one of us knows how to fix a sink. She looks at him. Together, they get it from the couch, ready to team up. Corey warns her as he takes his spot underneath the scene. I now loved that whole part on the couch was.
Speaker 5: Good that part, this part I didn't like ouse next part.
Speaker 1: Before I go under there, I gotta tell you, whatever you do, it's very important that you do not. And before he can finish the sentence to Panga turns on the faucet and Corey shrieks, do not turn on the water. She quickly turns it off. I'm sorry, did something bad happen? Corey pops back up and we see brown sludge all over his face and shirt. He points a finger at Topanga, possibly on the brink of breaking, and says, you tell me to. Penga wins this. She's so sorry. Corey opens his arms for an embrace. Okay, you gotta hug me. She yells no and starts to run away.
Speaker 5: This part, to me, all of a sudden, turned into a little bit of a high school play.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was the blocking or the acting in this one specific part, but it seemed very stiff.
Speaker 2: Yeah this part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. She teases him get away from me, swamp thing. Corey screams, swamp thing wants the booty Tapenga jumps onto the couch and jokingly yells, it's after me. I must warn the village. Corey threatens, no, no, I'm taking you back to the swamp to do things to. Penga throws her arms in the air and Corey's about to grab her when there's a knock at the door.
Speaker 4: Before we go further in the episode, I've heard back from Nate Brewer. Yes, oh, and so he had texted me we're all just bosos on the bus and I said, wait, what was that one? And he said, that's the record it came from. Check out this video fire sign theater Bozos on the bus. I think your brother found the old record at your parents' house and we were probably high out of.
Speaker 3: Our minds and listen to it. I will try to find this sound bite.
Speaker 4: And he sent me a YouTube link and at five point twenty they say, Unhappy Macnam.
Speaker 3: It's like, now you have to play it right, doesn't stop.
Speaker 2: Please now listen to me. This is worker speaking.
Speaker 3: Open your gate doctor.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what this is, but is that like it's really trippy.
Speaker 8: Mom damnd it's repeating. He's saying Macnam, mom man, ma'am, ma'am madam.
Speaker 2: My memory laugh.
Speaker 3: Read Unhappy Macnam.
Speaker 8: Unhappy Macnam sistat up time nine.
Speaker 3: Away for None orders took. So.
Speaker 4: I think the idea was that it was like a bad drug trip that they had and they were like, listening to this album that my parents had. Whatever, this is comedy, classic Shoes for Industry, hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the best of what are their regular albums?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: So yeah, So I think the idea was it was just pure psychedelic weirdness. And so whenever we were around people that were making us uncomfortable, we would look at each other and go mc no, I'm like I'm having a bad trip.
Speaker 1: There you go there, it is there, it is I can just before Oh god, you know what. I'm so glad when we have these little moments and then they just take us a little deeper into the life of writer, the childhood life of writer.
Speaker 5: The Fireside Theater was an American surreal comedy troupe who first appeared on November seventeenth, nineteen sixty six, and live performance on the Los Angeles radio program Radio Free OZ.
Speaker 2: They continued appearing on Radio Friage later moved to k RLA.
Speaker 5: They produced fifteen albums, fifteen.
Speaker 4: Albums, Holy must have done well, Wow, that is a deep cut, man, It is a deep cut.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, Corey whins, oh, wouldn't you know it? Swamp thing, though he fustweighted. It's Kelly, the neighbor with the baby, who looks like she's at her wits end. She won't go to sleep, she hasn't slept in three weeks, and neither of I.
Speaker 2: Did she knock this time?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank god?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She asks if she can just lean against their doorframe to get the baby to settle, and Tapanga tells Corey that Kelly and the baby are here and he's already over at the sink. You guys got a five eighths crescent wrench. Peg is impressed he figured out how to fix it. He says, no, I just want to hit myself over the head. Kelly winceys, I'm sorry. Was I interrupting something? Corey answers, well, we were playing a nice little game of swamp thing. Kelly smiles and walks into the apartment without asking. Oh, yeah, swamp thing. I remember playing swamp thing with my husband. You know what you get at the end of the game. Corey wonders, what's that? She quickly bursts his bubble, pointing to the screaming baby on her shoulder. Hello, Corey tells Tapanga, I don't want to play anymore. Topanga offers that they watch the baby, so Kelly can go see a movie. I don't know why Topanga thinks that's what the mom who hasn't slept in three weeks once.
Speaker 2: Or take a nap? Why don't you take it? You lay down?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why does she say go see a movie?
Speaker 2: A rollercoaster?
Speaker 4: But isn't it funny that didn't we say this last episode? We said, why does the topanga offer to watch the baby?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I was, we were ahead of we were ahead of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, Why don't you just go to a water park, take a second.
Speaker 1: Take some time.
Speaker 3: Exercise.
Speaker 1: Kelly has taken aback. Oh no, I could never do that. Topanga asks why you deserve some time to yourself? And Corey and I have everything under control, right, honey. Corey is back under the sink. There's something staring at me in here to Pega insists go see a movie. Meanwhile, Corey's now yelling it's licking me to Panga promises she's a really great babysitter. Kelly asks, could I just sleep for an hour instead?
Speaker 2: Fair question?
Speaker 1: Fair question? Still under the saint Cory insists, in a billy crystal, you look marvelous accent, sleep as long as you need, Darling. Finally willing to accept the help, Kelly briefs to Panga she just dates, so you might need to burper and if she gets fussy, she likes itsy bitsy spider the best. Topanga smiles and tells her to get some sleep. Kelly hands over the crying baby and thanks her with no hen here, by the.
Speaker 5: Way, no diapers, not a bag, nothing, here's the kid in a blanket.
Speaker 1: Good luck, enjoy the stinkhole.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On her way out, she tells Stefanga, you're a really good neighbor. I'm glad you're here. Tapanga thanks her and begins to sing itsy Bitsy Spider to Savannah, who is no longer crying. Savannah the name of the baby.
Speaker 5: I think, so that's apparently now that, by the way, the only thing that makes my grandson laugh instantly.
Speaker 2: It'sy Bitsy Spider.
Speaker 5: Oh so the second we heard that too, and I were like, well, that's true to life.
Speaker 3: That's cute. Its love it.
Speaker 1: She takes a seat on the floor with the baby and asks Corey, how's that water spout going sport? Which is hard to say. I don't know why that was the line, you know, wat.
Speaker 5: You know what's even harder than that, though, is fixing a sink with no tools, no tools or any equipment or any new pipes at all.
Speaker 2: It's just him underneath, underneath.
Speaker 1: Just drinking the muddy water.
Speaker 2: It literally is done.
Speaker 4: D That made me so mad because it's like, literally the point is you have to do something and then.
Speaker 1: Hold on, my laptop's broken, you got it.
Speaker 4: But I mean it's like the it just ruins the whole lesson, Like the whole lesson of this is like it should take hard work. So dissolved show that he has to go get something.
Speaker 5: Figure there's different pieces of it all over the place, and this this doesn't seem to be working anymore.
Speaker 3: I know, dosolve. It's like if it's literally just put your head to them. It's like, yeah, I hate it. It drove me crazy.
Speaker 5: It did for me as well, and it was like what the hep But at the same time, I was also thinking, this is ninety nine. If you didn't know what you were doing in ninety nine and you had to do this, you had to have the entire set of those time life books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like how to fix your house Time life books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't no YouTube. So yeah, but was he drove me crazy too? I was like, he literally doesn't even have a wrench, he doesn't have anything.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I did just buy that he had tools under there already.
Speaker 3: Why because Corey, they didn't even they don't have stuff a sandwich. They don't have enough money for food.
Speaker 1: Apparently I love tuna sandwiches.
Speaker 2: I did too, not the airwan tuna though we tried that yesterday. It's disgusting. It's soshy.
Speaker 1: Oh it was gross. I don't like that. You got to get an egcel of sandwich from seven to eleven.
Speaker 2: Sixty two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he admits, I don't know, but it's he bitsy spider just laid about five million eggs ut my nose to Panga asks mister plumber if it's fixed yet, and Corey can't believe her. How could I have fixed it? How could anybody do anything good around here? He turns the same back on and it's brown, but then it magically turns crystal clear. Corey's in shock. They have clear water now, she points out, and you fixed it. Corey is beaming. We did this, We did it. I feel incredible. What a great day for me. Tapanga pulls the blanket from the baby's face. Isn't that incredible? But then she notices Savannah is finally asleep. She went to sleep for me. She's comfortable here. And in case you haven't put it together yourself, Corey looks at the baby, then the clear water, and then he nods. We are back at Angela and Sean's apartment. Sean Angela are lying on the floor reading the newspaper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're lying on the floor reading the newspaper, perfect.
Speaker 1: Drinking coffee, just as Corey predicted her. Angela loves their life and Sean admits it's what I've always wanted. She asks him are you happy, and a somewhat perplexed Sean nods, I'm as happy as I'm going to get. Angela wonders what does that mean, and he answers, we don't deserve this, Angela, not yet. This came easy for us. What I didn't this? I know?
Speaker 4: I don't well who talks like this, who is aware of themselves as a character and says I don't deserve this yet?
Speaker 3: It's the weirdest logic.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: And yet if seventeen year old Rider has said this to me, it would have been perfectly in keeping with seventeen year old Rider.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Do, because this was you. It's like everything's going really good in my life, Hostel. I got to figure out how I can this up.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes, I guess I wouldn't express it that way.
Speaker 3: I would probably not know you working harder? I should be doing this. Why haven't I accomplished this yet? I need to be blah blah.
Speaker 4: I can't just relax like and I'm still doing that, yes, my wife and say I'm still doing but I'm never gonna say, you know what, I'm really happy right now. And that's a problem I need to make you know, like I never expressed it this way.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: The way Sean would actually do this is he would screw this up.
Speaker 3: He would, you know.
Speaker 4: It's like, like Sean's the kind of guy who would be it doesn't break up with somebody, he just acts.
Speaker 3: He'd just be so bad that he gets broken up with so he can have the responsibility.
Speaker 1: And then he can be the victim.
Speaker 3: Exactly. That's exactly what Sean would do in this situation.
Speaker 4: And like he would just ruin this scene because it's like, you know, he's not comfortable with the idea of being happy. That's a good that's a good character motivation. You don't just put it in the character's mouth.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. No one talks like this hot take.
Speaker 5: The apartment is haunted, and anybody who's in there.
Speaker 1: Is exactly you do say. This came easy for us. We didn't work at it. It's easy to be happy about all this, but what if we were on our own and other people weren't helping us pay rent? So at the very least we could say that. Sean is saying, you know.
Speaker 3: Because we're I feel bad other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I want if I were really going to be able, what would we be able to afford? We could never afford this if we Jack Jack's dad still.
Speaker 4: I was helping him pay for college college because ch asked him to help out with all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right, okay, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Angela realizes you're jealous of Corey and Topanga. You're jealous of their stinkhole.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Sean explains, I haven't had a lot of good things in my life that really belonged to me, so when they come along, I want to do my best to protect them and hold on to them. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to this relationship. Angela shakes her head. You're such a sap. Why can't you just be happy? Sean is adamant, because this is not real life. It's not like Corey and Tapanga. You and I we're just playing house. Angela is startled. You want what Corey and Topanga have? Do you want to get married. Sean chuckles, are you proposing? She clarifies, I'm just asking, and Sean tells her not yet, and Angela laughs. She appears to feel the same way. Sean throws his arm around her. But someday, if and when we do, I promise we'll have a stinkhole just like Corey and Tapanga. Angela makes him promise, and she sighs, Oh, I'm looking forward to it. Sean nods me too, and then a sweet moment passes between them, before Angela looks off camer and wonders, who's going to break it to him? We Panda their new saint Bernard clueless lounging on the floor.
Speaker 2: How do you know they named it clueless?
Speaker 3: That's really sweet? So wait, they are not going to live together? Is that?
Speaker 2: This is no?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Angela's moving out and Eric and Jack are moving in with you?
Speaker 2: I don't like Wait, so Eric and Jack are going to live with Sean again? Yes, the ven diagram needed.
Speaker 4: Hold on, but what do I say in this? Because I didn't quite understand that.
Speaker 1: We're just playing house. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to our relationship, but we're just playing house. And if and when we do decide to get married, the place we will live in together will be a stinkle?
Speaker 3: When does she say I'm moving out in the tag?
Speaker 2: In the tag?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: But so why do we say who's going to break it to him through the dog? As if we've already made a decision to do something.
Speaker 1: They think that that conversation was clear. Yeah, but they think the audience. They think the audience picked up on the idea that what you guys just agreed was that you were no longer going to live together. But that is not clear.
Speaker 3: It is not clear that I'm so baffled. I was like, Yeah, what, who's going to bring what?
Speaker 4: Like, we just decided to not get married, which is a cool, fun moment, But then why does that imply we have to also move out?
Speaker 1: No, the not needing to move out came from we didn't earn this. People are helping us pay rent, and we have to do.
Speaker 3: With not being together. I don't understand or not living together.
Speaker 2: I love that you're still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so did you watch the b story of this episode?
Speaker 3: Go suck a toe exactly.
Speaker 1: We're in the Matthews living room, Amy and Alan are cuddled up on the couch reading the newspaper. Marriage drinking coffee together beverage the position we recognize as marriage. Then Corey into Panga walk through the kitchen door. Corey's holding a crystal clear glass of water. Drink this, you know, signing no money, giving us, no letting us stay in your house, little wisp of a man. Drink it. Alan cautiously asks, is it poison? To Panga explains it was before Corey fixed it. Alan is surprised he fixed pipes dear to Panga casually adds, while I was playing with the baby. Alan quips they had a baby. Dear. Corey goes into detail. I was gonna call you to come over and help me fix the pipes, but I didn't want know why because I didn't think you'd help me. Would you have helped me? The answer should be hell, of course, Alan shakes his head. No, Corey knew it. Well, we fix the pipes ourselves. Amy asks how they feel about that, and Corey admits, proud, very proud of us. Okay. He pulls his wife in close to Panga and I are going to paint our place. We're going to put in a bookshelf, and when we can afford it, we're going to buy that house with the nook without your help. What do you have to say to that? Alan stands up. I'd say you finally figured it out. He and Amy raise their glasses and she adds, welcome to being an adult.
Speaker 2: He couldn't wipe his face off before he still got over his face. Did you notice that?
Speaker 1: I know he literally couldn't even he got there. Alan explains, when your mother and I got married, we had nothing. Nobody would help us. We did fine. Amy adds we didn't know it then, but it was the sweetest time in our lives. Alan clarifies we bonded together forever. We fell completely in love because we knew we had made a life for ourselves with no nobody's help but our own. He tells Cory, I would never take that away from you, son. Corey and Tapanga look at each other a little embarrassed, and then back at Amy and Alan with huge grins. Corey gives Alan a big hug and he says he's sorry to Pega, grabs Alan's hands. Thanks Dad, I'm calling you dad. They all hug and it ends in a very sweet moment and then we're in the tag. We're in Rachel's room, new set alert. Angela's visiting Rachel in her new ra digs and Rachel is confused. So you're telling me your butts out in the street, Angela explains, well, Sean, Jack and Eric are gonna take over the apartment because there's three bedrooms, and that's what makes sense.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, none of this makes it, None of this, she could start.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Rachel nods, but your butt's out on the street. Angela agrees. But if you talk to my last roommate, I bet she'll give you some good references. Rachel jokes, you know what, I know her, and she is a very beautiful woman. Angela agrees that she is. Rachel adds, and she would love to have you as her roommate. Angela lights up. Really, Rachel gives her a big hug. It's a yes, But Rachel still has one big question. Who's getting the dog? Then we cut to the boy's apartment. Eric is napping on the couch talking in his sleep. Oh, Bridget, your breath's so warm. The camera pulls out to reveal that the same Bernard is sprawled out on top of him. Eric and Jack watch on from the stairs. Should they intervene? Jack says no, they actually make a cute couple. Eric continues to sleep talk Bridget. I got two words for you, Tictac with that the same, Bernard breathes directly into his face.
Speaker 5: That's a fun place to be, by the way, under a big dog, just lying on a couch.
Speaker 1: Just panting on you. Yeah, that's marriage cuddling. So yeah, none of that made sense, None of that, Like.
Speaker 4: I don't, I did not understand it, like I just don't. No, But it's it's all presented as if it like makes a logical sense.
Speaker 1: It really presented as is. Let's not. No, let's talk about it for too long. So the guys are going to move in there because the three bedrooms. That makes sense. Rushing right along, no time to think about it. Just drop that little nugget of information.
Speaker 3: I don't. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I had no recollection that the three of us moved back in together either.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 3: So this is the way we started season six? No, when did we.
Speaker 1: Have living in the apartments? Yes?
Speaker 5: If Matt Maddie came on season five, so season six was us starting there?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's amazing came in.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So season five, you guys started living together.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 2: Through season five we started living I was still in high school.
Speaker 4: There you go, living with you guys right, because we did the Witches of penbroke in there exactly.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com and we've got merch.
Speaker 2: Suck my toe, moping in my stinkhole.
Speaker 1: Join the podorldshow dot com. Full body, Chelsea, join us for our next episode recap, which will be season seven, episode eleven, What a Drag, which originally aired December third, nineteen ninety nine. Writer send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Podmeets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and boy Meets World superman Easton Allen Our theme song.
Speaker 3: Is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon.
Speaker 4: Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show, or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com.