Speaker 1: All right, News, Round of Information, overload hour toll free. Here's our number. It's eight hundred and nine to four one sean if you want to be a part of the program. All right. China today responded to reciprocal tariffs that Donald Trump has put on them. And then, by the way, and James, you can grab me the list. The list of products that China imposes tarifs on is absolutely positively massive. It's almost every single product that we sell. Now, China wants to access to American markets and our population. And you know what they also use, you know, pretty much slave labor. They got their sweatshops up and running where they pay people next to nothing in China, and they treat them horribly. They treat their workers horribly. And if that's the case, if they want to if they want to have a battle of the tariffs and they want to play chicken with Donald Trump, it's not going to work out. Well. Does that mean that maybe some prices on some items might temporarily go up? Yeah, till Americans figure out that Donald Trump is going to give them major incentives to build manufacturing centers here in this country, maybe not tax them at all or make them one hundred percent deductible the cost of building it, which will be great for manufacturing and great for American workers. Who is they're going to have high paying career jobs in all of these industries, from Apple to semiconductors and the Taiwanese chip company and ai and auto manufacturing, et cetera. You know, they in China, Just to give you an extent, China raise their tariffs in twenty nineteen sixty billion dollars on US products, sixty billion that includes raising products are more than five thousand items as high as twenty five percent. Now they're going to raise it another thirty four percent, which means that we'll be able to sell nothing in China. But guess what, They're not going to be able to sell anything here either. I mean everything. It impacts every single industry building materials, food that includes spirits and leather goods and clothing, and automobiles and fertilizer, and you name it, telecommunications, equipment, television, broadcast cameras, sailboats, motor boats, yachts, you name it. They're putting massive tariffs on it. And chicken and pork and soy and beef. They're hurting our ranchers. They're hurting our farm farmers, They're hurting our auto manufacturers, they're hurting everybody. I don't give a flying rip about the communist Chinese. Now, the interesting thing is, and I know Wall Street's skittish, I'm telling you what's going to happen is we already have nearly five trillion dollars committed because of the threat, just prior to the announcement earlier this week, just because of the threat of tariffs, you have five trillion dollars committed between foreign countries and American industry, including Apple's five hundred billion dollars, including the Taiwanese chip company, including Nissan and Honda, that we're going to build plants in Mexico, that are now going to build them right here in the USA and create high paying career jobs for Americans. Democrats, all of them, We've been playing all week. Janet Yelling and Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and Barack Husain Obama all have been saying the same thing. And you know what, I'm just tired of hearing it. Let's go back to what Donald Trump said about tariffs that China has levied on us. He said this on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: China first row China sixty seven percent. That's tariffs charged to the USA, including currency manipulation and trade barriers, So sixty seven percent. I think you can for the most part see it. So sixty seven percent. So we're going to be charging a discounted reciprocal tariff of thirty four percent. I think. In other words, they charge us, we charge him, we charge m les. So how can any be upset? They will be because we never charged anybody anything, but now we're going to charge It was only seven years ago when I came in. We started with China charged that we took in hundreds of billions of dollars from China in tariffs, and they understood. Honestly, Presidency understood. He said, look, I understand, and the other countries and they all understand.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to go.
Speaker 2: Through a little tough love maybe, but they all understand they're ripping us off, and they understood it.
Speaker 1: You have two choices. America continues to get ripped off and being taken advantage of, and we go the institutional way. It's sort of like, you know, if you're a conservative maga republican versus an institutionalized rhino. You don't want to rock the boat on anything. And that's been the that has been the posture of the US for fifty years, but it has always been the posture of the Democratic Party. I mentioned Janet Yale, and I mentioned Obama. I mentioned Schumer. Just there as a reminder, here's Pelosi advocating for teriffs.
Speaker 4: In terms of tariffs, I think it's interesting to note that the average US MFN tariff on Chinese goods coming into the United States is two percent, whereas the average Chinese to MFF tariff on US goods going into China is thirty five percent. Is that reciprocal? You have a serious threat not only to our relationship but to the industrialized world. And if there's one message that I want our colleagues to understand today and our constituents, is that on this day, your member of Congress could have drawn the line to say to the President of the United States do something about this US China trade relationship. That is a job loser for the United States.
Speaker 1: Oh, very different conversation anyway. Gordon Chang is with us, author of the book The Coming Collapse of China and the Great US China Tech War. Welcome to the program. I am fed up as an American that our country is being taken advantage of by friends and foe alike. I am fed up being a sucker nation. I am fed up with old school thinking. And I applaud the President. And it has reaped a lot of dividends in terms of commitments for investments and trillions and trillions of dollars. And I guarantee you most of these countries are going to come crawling back to the table because they want access to our markets. If people could just hold the line and stay patient, you know, for more than forty eight hours, for crying out.
Speaker 5: Loud, You're absolutely right, Sean. The important point here is that if you drive through the Sound southern communities, if you drive through Detroit, you will see American communities that have been devastated by the loss of factories to China and other countries. And the loss of those factories was because of policies not only in the nineteen nineties when you played that Nancy Pelosi clip, but also after China joined the World Trade Organization in late two thousand and one. And you're absolutely right. We have in China slave labor wigers Kazakhs and other Turkic minorities, in addition to hand Chinese working in horrific Christian conditions. We can't ask American workers to compete against slave labor. As matter of fact, I remember eighteen sixty we fought a war over labor practices. We cannot allow slaves to compete with Americans. We have to reindustrialize our country.
Speaker 3: So I am so.
Speaker 5: Happy that you have talked about this in such meaningful terms.
Speaker 1: Well it's meaningful. I mean, there really are two options. Either we continue to allow countries to take advantage of us, abuse our friendship. In the case of allies, you know, I expect it from foes like China. I expect them from Russia. I expect them from Iran and maybe North Korea. I don't expect it from Japan, don't I don't expect it from Canada, I don't expect it from from European countries. Almost all the countries that I mentioned benefit from American security, an American investment in national defense, and are counting on us if that moment ever comes comes in there in our lifetime that they need help. And yet they're abusing American taxpayers. So we either let them continue to basically rop from us, or we take a stand and say your choice, free affair trade or reciprocal tariffs. I don't think you can get any more fair than that. That's not a complicated concept. You don't need to graduate from Harvard or MIT to figure that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you graduate from Harvard or m I T or you go to Georgetown, basically you're becoming stupid because you're learning all sorts of things that make no sense in the real world. They only make sense if you go to Harvard, Yale, or Georgetown. So absolutely, we need to have reciprocal tariffs. We need to reindustrialize, and let's not be intimidated by Wall Street or the Chinese for that matter. You started by talking about the thirty four percent terriffs that the Chinese imposed on us. Look, they've got a smaller economy. Their economy is less than two thirds the size of ours, and they're the trade surplus country. Last year, China ran a merchandised trade surplus against the United States of two hundred and ninety five point four billion dollars. Trade surplus countries and trade wars have no ammunition. President Trump will win this unless he's intimidated by Wall Street, and I'm sure he will not be.
Speaker 1: He talked about this when he gave a speech on Wednesday. He said, there will be short term pain. We know that Wall Street is notoriously skittish. We've witnessed it the last two days.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 1: Is it a little bit of short term pain?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Do I think it's going to reverse itself, probably a lot sooner than people are predicting.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: Do I believe all these people, these naysayers, are going to have egg on their face when the money starts pouring in. Yes, I do do. I have a strong faith that these countries desperately want access to American markets, and the outcry from manufacturers abroad is going to be loud, and those countries are going to be pressured into making a free and fair trade deal with the US. That's all going to happen. That's going to percolate up to the surface, and America just has to for this interim period of time. I don't think it's going to be longer than a week or two. Just suck it up. Understand how markets work. This is institutional change, and it's a little bit of a shock to the system. But once people grow accustomed to the new way of doing things, then they're going to see the benefits of.
Speaker 5: It, absolutely, And I don't think the pain will be as great as people say. If we go back to President Trump's first round of tariffs on China in twenty eighteen, China absorbed somewhere between seventy five to eighty one percent of the cost of those tariffs. Although you had a lot of smart people in New York and Washington just wail about how there would be inflation with those twenty eighteen tariffs, it didn't happen, Sean. And this time China has even more incentive to absorb the President Trump's tariffs, and they already are doing so from anecdotal information that we are hearing from trade specialists. So I think, yes, there will be pain, but this is necessary because we've had decades of misguided trade policy. But the pain is not going to be as bad as everyone thinks, because everyone needs access to the world's best market and that's ours.
Speaker 1: That's so well said. All right, quick break more with Gordon Chang on the other side. Toll free number is eight hundred and ninety four one. Sean if you want to be a part of the program, continue now with Gordon Shang, who is with us talking about China and they want a tariff fight with the US. Fine, let's say let's have the terrify. They need access to our markets big time. You know, I've always said on this program that the stock market is not my barometer in terms of the health of the economy. Austin Goulsby even said the economy is really strong right now. And he's not exactly a supply side conservative in terms of his thinking. He was used to be on the Council of Economic Advisors for Barack Obama. For crying out loud, I've had many a fight with him over economic issues over the years. I end up being right most of the time. But he's actually a good guy with a great personality, and he is not wrong this time when he says the economies and the fundamentals of the economies are strong.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We do have economic news that came out today. Most of it is very good and in case people are watching or listening to this program, you know, first of all, nobody was howling it with this feigned outrage when Joe Biden Barack Obama imposed tariffs. Joe Biden imposed them on Mexico and China and Russia and other countries. Obama did the same. Nobody's paying attention to the fact that oil prices now have dropped to the lowest level since twenty twenty one. Nobody's paying attention or seems to care that. While the Democrats and the legacy media mob is screaming about Wall Street that in their most recent survey, the trade group pointed out that consumer spending is not unraveling. The National Retail Federation reported two days ago that it expects twenty twenty five retail sales the top five point four trillion dollars growing anywhere between two point seven and three point seven percent, well above what they sold in twenty twenty four. Online sales can rise as much as nine percent. The US economy added more jobs at a faster pace in March. I would call that the Trump effect and his policies even are not even in place yet. So there's a lot of good economic news today, But of course that doesn't you know, if it bleeds, it leads. If it's negative, they want to and it's Trump involved, they want to be negative.
Speaker 5: One of the great things about the March job report is that there was an increase in private sector jobs. If you go back in the Biden administration, there were increases in employment months a month, but those were government jobs. And the last thing that we need is a larger government, because the federal government is far too big for the United States at this moment. President Trump is changing that. It's going to be painful, but having private sector jobs is the only path to endure in prosperity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it anyway, Gordon saying, do you really think that China's going to collapse?
Speaker 5: I think that China right now is panicking because they're only hope to rescue a grim situation. They're not growing, They're probably at zero or below. Their only hope is to export more to the United States, and that ain't happening. So yes, I think that they're in real dire I've been wrong about timing, you know, But nonetheless we can see it coming because the Chinese system is not sustainable. It is only survived because we allow, through indulgent policies to buy Chinese goods made under horrible conditions. You know, I'm very glad you played that Nancy Pelosi clip. Because she was right, then Bill Clinton was wrong. We should not have allowed China into the global trading system.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. Gordon Chang eight hundred and ninety four one Shawn talking about being made in America. If there's one thing that you need to own that's made in America, I don't think the American flag is appropriate. You don't really want to buy your American flag that's made in China. Anyway. Every Allegiance flag is hand sewn by craftsmen and women in Charleston, South Carolina. Every single component from the white ash flagpole to the spinners to the mounts, they were all sourced right here in America. So when you buy an Allegiance flag, you're supporting American job, You're supporting an American business. And the cool story is it's it's quintessentially American, started by three guys in their garage, three fronts. You just go to their website, Show Allegiance dot com one word, Show Allegiance dot Com and experience the difference of an American made flag. If you use the promo code Hannity, you're going to get free shipping, all right. That's show Allegiance dot Com and under the promo code Hannity at checkout for American flags, just like the one I'm going to be putting up this weekend, made the American Way. We'll continue.
Speaker 7: You're on the Sean Hannity Show, a place where free speech and the First Amendment are still alive and well get your dose of independence and liberty every weekday right here with Sean Hi.
Speaker 1: Twenty five now until the top of the hour, eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn our number of this Friday. If you want to be a part of the program, I will tip my hat to Congressional Republicans as they now try to codify President Trump's maximum pressure campaign against Iran with a ten bill legislative package that would sanction the leadership in Tehran, the Mullas of Iran that's going to cut off its access to cash, strangle the regime's regional terror proxies. According to the Washington Free Beacon, the toughest Iranian sanctions package ever proposed by Congress, according to the Republican Study Committee, the House's largest GOP caucus, which is leading the effort. So we'll see what happens. I hope they do, and I'll tell you. Why, because you have tens and tens of thousands of Israelis that have been displaced, and if it were not for the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, we have proudly partnered with them. They have been on the ground since day one on October seventh, helping people with humanitarian assistants. Because of your general it's been eighteen months. This country has been fighting for its survival against radical Islamic terrorists eighteen months. And with your continued support, they're going to be able to provide all that humanitarian assistance. But they do so much more. They provide these mobile bomb shelters, armed security vehicles, ambulances, firefighting equipment, flack jackets, bulletproof vests, so much more. But your generous donation is desperately needed to ensure that the people of Israel are safe as they now fight for their very existence. This is a real war against radical Islamis. It's really like a seven front war that they've been battling. Anyway, Please go to their website. It SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. That's one word, SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. They have a toll free number its eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ eight eight eight four eight eight, IFCJ two day, and your gift is greatly appreciated. It really is and desperately needed. After Butler pa friend of the program. He's the editor of Breitbart, John conn Uh. He also is a musical artist, and he came up with the song. It became the number one in every genre on every music chart. And he has a new he has a new song I will tell you about in a second. But the song was called Fighter, and it went so viral that he actually went on the road. Like Lee Greenwood was singing God Bless the USA, he was singing Fighter at Trump events throughout the campaign. And you know, I've said this many times that I'm I'm in the communication business. I do radio and I do television, but I don't think it's the most powerful form of communication. I would argue movies and music. You know, I don't make well, maybe Linda, I might make you cry occasionally. I might make liberals cry occasionally, but I don't make you cry. I don't make I don't. I don't make I don't. I don't make Linda cry. For the records, just for the records. I'm like everything He's gonna be writing in like what's going on Kennedy makes Linda Croye. If you're not can hear that tomorrow? Like all right, it's gonna blow up over the week out instead of people going to Hannity dot com clicking on the Tesla contest and putting in the word of the day Sean. And you can register today tomorrow, on Sunday, uh and every day through April the eleventh. And I'll pick one lucky what we'll pick one lucky winner. I won't pick it, and well I will buy them at Tesla just to show solidarity with a lawn. Anyway, our friend John con that song went number one. He has a new song out about faith, which has carried him through the anti Semitism, the Palisades fires, the loss of his home. So, by the way, they've allowed four building permits in the area around the Pacific Palisades for people to rebuild.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: And I'm told by friends of mine out there that big companies like Blackrock are coming in and buying massive, you know, amounts of plots of land because people don't want to rebuild and then lose in a fortune. And they're all having problems with their insurance companies. It's terrible. Anyway, he also experienced the loss of his home to the fires. His mom passed away. And you know, out of pain sometimes comes great artistry, and that's what I would say comes out of this new song. It's called Fingerprints. I get goosebumps just here in that I got my fingerprints on you. Anyway, John con I have no idea why the bright Bart editor. You should be on the road bringing your music and inspiring people. It's really interesting to me because Fighter I kind of look at as more of a country song, and this song obviously is a song of faith and called Fingerprints, and it reminds me a lot. And these are my two favorite music genres, which is why I'm bringing those up country and I love Christian contemporary music. By the way, I urge everybody if you want to see the defining concert watch twenty eighteen Michael W. Smith Bridgestone Arena. You could pull it up on YouTube. But first of all, it's great to have you back, number one. Number two. I'm so sorry you lost your home. I'm so sorry about the passing of your mom. When I read your post quote, I've experienced tremendous loss recently, but in these past few years I found something even greater, something I never anticipated. Faith. It's never too late, and I hope this song reaches even just a few who might believe otherwise. Wow, I'm so sorry. You know, we all go through pain in life. We all take our hits, and life can be really painful. And out of your pain, clearly your art comes through.
Speaker 8: Well. Thanks for having me, Sean. You know what's interesting about these two songs, Sean, is that they kind of predated these really rough events that have happened. For example, Fighter that I wrote for President Trump, that was written before the assassination attempt, when everybody thoughts I had written it in response, and then, by.
Speaker 1: The way, count me among them. I thought that that's a yeah.
Speaker 8: And when so when he stood up and yelled fight, Fight, Fight, you know, I got goosebumps all down my body because you know, I wrote the song with a guy named Chris Wong.
Speaker 5: We had it ready to go.
Speaker 8: I called him, I said, I think we need to get this song out and Fingerprints, which was originally you know I was. I didn't grow up with faith and God in my family. I grew up in Godless La which which you know about there and and just in the past couple of years, I started exploring it and Fingerprints was a musical exploration of that journey that I was on. And after I wrote the song, of those series of events that you mentioned happened, the loss of my mom, I had a breakup with someone I was living with. My dad fell and needed surgery, and then my home burned down, and I still hadn't released the song yet. And you know, once I got through the fires, I thought to myself, you know, what better time to release the song about faith than during a storm when you're being tested. And that's why I released it just recently.
Speaker 1: How come people get these songs because and I would assume you would go to your favorite know either what, Spotify, iTunes. I don't even know all the places to go because I have my kids do it for me. Literally, they take my phone. They're like, Dad, i'll do it. I'll do it. You're too slow.
Speaker 8: So right, well, there are all the streamers on iTunes and Amazon, Spotify, and it's just Google or search John con jln Kahn and you can find them or find me on Instagram. Their links there. And I really appreciate you having.
Speaker 9: Me on Sehn.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just going to say to people, all of us, and this transcends race, this transcends gender, this transcends you know, whether you have money or you don't have money. Because I've lived poor and now I'm a lot better off than I was, it doesn't matter. Everyone has their atom shift to deal with in this life, and life can be hard. And for me, I go to the same place you now go to, and that's to my faith, that's to my belief in God. And you know, people ask me all the time, why do you think you're successful. I said, well, I work hard, but really the other reason is I've been blessed by God. I really believe that. And so yeah, I hope people will download it's it's j o wn k a h n And just go to wherever you download your music, and the first one you want to download is Fighter. His newest song is called Fingerprints, and it will inspire you.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, man, God bless you. And we'll put it up on Hannidi dot com and we'll put it out on social media.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, John, I appreciate it all right, man, And.
Speaker 1: We're praying for you too and your family. A lot to go through. Man, you think you're having a tough day today, think of what this guy has been through. Let's go to ali var in Arizona. Oliver, how are you glad you called, sir?
Speaker 6: It's a honor to talk to you. First time caller, new listener. I've wanted to I'm experiencing this Trump derangement syndrome first hand.
Speaker 3: I wanted to share my story with you.
Speaker 6: I get your advice. I have an older brother. He's highly educated as a PhD in sociology. He's a professor, a tenured he's well known in his field. He's published. And when he found out that I voted for Trump, he refused to be the best man in my wedding and also to attend my wedding. And it took my elderly mother begging him to attend the wedding and he finally did. But things have never been the same since then. He just has this emotional reaction and it's just it's sad how these people, some people are reacting like that.
Speaker 1: Well he could you know, some people get educated, and he might be highly educated, but they get you know, educated at all the common sense that they were born with. All right, there are really two choices here for you, and I have a preference of the two, but I'll give you both. One is to not give an Adam schiff, and this is his decision. You move on with your life. You don't try to make contact with your brother. This is on him, it's not on you. Your conscience is clear. Okay, that's option one. Option two, which would be my preferred option, would be stay in touch with your brother. Make sure you make it very very clear to him that you don't want politics to separate the two of you, that you would agree not to talk politics with him if that would make him feel better and wouldn't trigger his his woke little you know backside. And you don't have to say it that way, but say it in a nice way, and that you're my brother. I want a relationship with you. My door is always open. I'll check in with you frequently, and I hope you change your mind and just be very loving about it and don't give up on your brother, and hope that it works out one day. You know it looks there sometimes it just here's just the reality. It doesn't matter if you're a family member or not a family member. There's some people in life you don't get along with. And then there's the Christian side of me that says, you know what, you know, pray for your brother and keep preaching out to him and just just love him, even though he doesn't obviously have the capacity at this moment and his life to love you back. Which one do you think you're going to go with?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to go the more Christian side, but.
Speaker 1: It's a good you made the right You're not going to regret that choice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just sad how these people have this emotional reaction, and there is just sad.
Speaker 3: He's my brother and he reacted that way.
Speaker 6: Kind of makes me think back to the stories during the Civil War era, where you know, brothers were fighting against brothers.
Speaker 3: I mean, this isn't quite that extreme, but it's just it's just it's bad.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Did somebody else become your best man?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is it somebody that you know you love and loves your back, cares about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then after I had him be the best man, my mom talked to my brother into attending and he did attend, and he was one of the grooms men.
Speaker 3: But it was just kind of very awkward, and yes it is.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for you, you know. I mean, you want your brother to be a best man. He turns you down. That's kind of a little bit of a blow. But you're tougher than that. Uh, we'll pray for your brother. Hopefully he has a change your heart.
Speaker 3: Hi baby Trump, Trumper writer or die, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell no one's going to pressure me out of the politics I believe in. And you know that was one of the reasons I left New York. I was hated. Now, Linda would give you very different advice. Your advice would be tell them the f off, wouldn't it be?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 7: Would I have.
Speaker 9: Family members I don't talk to anymore because they decided not to like me for my conservative beliefs.
Speaker 1: I love to have a conversation. So you know, because you associate with me too, they're not worth your time.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 1: How many people don't like you because you associate with me?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 9: It's funny. That's actually gotten less. It's more just about I'm not even kidding you. I think the overwhelming disgust for Trump without you know, pun intendent kind of Trump's the hate of everything else. Right, It's like, oh, you like Trump?
Speaker 1: You know we hate you. It's obscene. That was my life in New York, which is so different from my life today in the Free State of Florida. But I ever mentioned I live in the Free State of Florida. I think I mentioned it once or twice.
Speaker 9: I had no idea we should hit the breaking news sounder, bro.
Speaker 1: I know, breaking news amazing now, it is amazing how much coverage that. By the way, if I if I walk down the street, I'm in the local paper. There's nothing I can do. It's unreal. All Right, that's gonna wrap things up for today. Busy Hannity tonight, nine eastern on the Fox News Channel, Laura Trump, Horace Cooper, Miranda Devine, doctor Ozy just got confirmed. You're gonna love Kyle from the Full Sun podcast. Way do you see these videos? I promise you'll have tears in your eyes and the one and only Jimmy Fayla will put a smile on your face. I promised this Friday night, as well as the hard hitting news of the day you'll never get from the legacy media mob. All happening tonight, nine Eastern on Fox will see you tonight. Have a great weekend. Back here Monday, ord of the day. Over the weekend, you can register every day once a day now through April eleventh. Is Sean
Speaker 4: And