Speaker 1: First day of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Amanda is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Brian. So we'll see if we can figure out why and see if we can get another day. She still wants one after here after she hears why in just a second, Amanda, thank you for coming on the show. Before we get into your date and why you think you're getting ghosted by this dude? How long has it been since you heard from Brian?
Speaker 1: Hey, so I haven't heard from Brian and got it. It has to have been like eight days now, so I mean it hasn't been like excessive, but it's more than you know. He said he would call back with it, like he said he'd call back within a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Have you reached out to him at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I like messaged him like hello, but he didn't respond to that, and I didn't feel like sending another message because I thought that would be weird.
Speaker 3: I feel you, that's probably a good movie. What happened on the date?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I went to this rock show and I met Brian there and he seemed really cool.
Speaker 4: We just kind of started.
Speaker 1: Talking and we like shot out the bar next to each other during the show, and then we started talking for a really long time after the show, and when everything closed down, we just decided to go like across the street to another place and then just keep talking for so Like it was going really well, and like he is so attractive, and you know, I wasn't surprised at all to learn that he was also a guitarist in a band.
Speaker 3: This answers my question.
Speaker 5: After eight days always the guitar guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, I get it. I'm a musician too, Like I get it's fine.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's gotta be awesome if you're a musician to meet another musician for a date, I mean, that's cool.
Speaker 3: You guys are both in Yeah, we were really bonded.
Speaker 4: It was it was really cool, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, after they closed everything down at the second place, I was kind of like, you know, my apartment's only a block.
Speaker 3: Away, okay, girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like I just I decided I wanted to take him home with me. Yeah, And so he agreed and we went to my place and we had a lot of fun and then he left the next morning, and you know, before he left, we did exchange numbers and he told me he'd call like the next day.
Speaker 4: And you know, again, it's been like well over a week, and I don't really get it.
Speaker 5: Well, I hate to state the obvious, sorry, but do you think it's like we got that see you later?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: I mean, it sucks. It sucks that that's a real thing, but it is. Do you think that could be it?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I really hope it's not that.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I was really smitten with him, to be honest, and like, you know, among everything else, I especially love talking about our music taste, and you know, I'm not very snobby.
Speaker 4: About music, but like, maybe it's that, like I can be a fit judgmental and like Brian said, he was exactly the same way. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll admit it's been a long time since the guy has pleased.
Speaker 3: Me like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's okay.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: We like talked about jamming together at some point, and you know, I've played in a few bands as well, So I don't know, it would be cool to just jam with him artistically, and maybe physically that.
Speaker 2: Thing happened that he was able to do. Okay, well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if you can tell us, see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date if you still want it. Okay, jam another jam sash. All right, we'll play a song come back and get your first day follow up next. Amanda is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she is not getting a call back from a dude named Brian, and she really wants to almost said, rock out with socks off. Yeah, there you go, rock out with her sock sauce. She wants a jam sash with Brian, and we're about to call him to see why he's been ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Amanda, refresh everybody's memory. Tell us about your date with Brian. Why you think you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 7: I met I met Brian otel rock concert at a bar, and we were really in touch with each other, like we were both musicians and really just kind of bonded.
Speaker 1: And so he spent.
Speaker 4: The night and said he.
Speaker 8: Would call the next day after he left, but then he didn't end up calling back, and it's been about eight days since then, and I'm really just confused.
Speaker 2: And Amanda wants another date she does, or at least another evening. All right, so we're gonna call him right now and see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 6: You ready, Amanda?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Brian. This is him, Brian. How are you man? My name is Jebel calling from a radio show called The Jubil Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Brian, I'm here on the.
Speaker 9: Show's guys up?
Speaker 3: Why are you on my phone?
Speaker 2: Why have you ever heard a segment that we do called the first a follow Up?
Speaker 9: I think so? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have.
Speaker 2: What that is is if you go out on a date with someone and then you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone to find out why you've been ghosting them. And we got an email about you from someone.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm guessing it's probably Amanda, right.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 5: Oh, Andy's smart too, so this is an intentional ghosting.
Speaker 2: Yes, A's Amanda. Yeah, for you to know right away it is Amanda, Amanda, Yeah, And She told us that she like, really really enjoyed her evening with you and wanted to see you again. But you know, it's been a while and she hasn't heard anything, so she's wondering if you might tell us why you're ghosting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I mean, Amanda's great. She was really great. We had a really good time. We talked a lot, we drank a lot. They had an excellent time. Where things kind of went a little south is when we got to her place. I don't know how much she told you.
Speaker 3: But everything she told us everything she didn't give us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't give us all the details, but I want some of the details later on, not on the radio, because she said that you, sir, did a great job, and I would love some point.
Speaker 9: There out of bread Right now, I'm.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened at her place.
Speaker 9: We got back to her place, and she kind of she went from like rock musician fangirl to like Danny Tanner from Full.
Speaker 3: House, he's a clean freak.
Speaker 9: She is a clean freak. Yeah, I felt like I couldn't sit down in the house and we were drinking at her house still, and like she wanted me to use coasters which is fine. You know, I understand, it's your house, you want to keep it clean. But I also felt like there was nothing I could do in her house without breaking some rule or doing something wrong. There was a lot of no, No, don't do that, do this instead the whole time I was there. It was just a bit much. It's too bad because she was real cute, She has a lot of fun. She plays instruments, which is a rare thing, it seems like these days. And I was really looking forward to jamming out with her, but just.
Speaker 6: Couldn't put up with the fact that she might be too much of a clean freak for you.
Speaker 9: It was too much. And I'm not even scratching the surface. Guys, if you if you had seen it, you'd understand I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Picture, because I would just feel like clean is such a turn on.
Speaker 9: All her chairs are wrapped in plastic.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: And if it was only you know, once or twice, Okay, fine, it's your house, I'll follow your rules. But it was the whole night.
Speaker 6: Thank you're being honest with this, man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is this gonna be on the radio?
Speaker 6: Yeah? It is.
Speaker 2: Also, she's actually on the phone, has been listening this whole time and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 9: Oh I should have guessed, right, Hi Bryan, Hi Amanda, how are you?
Speaker 1: Can I just say it like, I feel really ridiculous for going overboard about the cleanliness because weirdly not the first time that someone's referred to me as like a.
Speaker 4: Danny Tanner kind of are you serious?
Speaker 1: But like I guess, I get kind of anxious when I have a guest over, so like, I don't know, I feel I feel bad about going over for like I'm usually pretty chill and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't I just I think I was just really nervous.
Speaker 9: So then what's with the plastic wire? All of the chair is wrapped up like Christmas presents and clear wrappers.
Speaker 1: Well, so like the plastic you might actually find this funny. I actually I'm really lazy and haven't unwrapped it since buying it.
Speaker 9: Wait, why are you serious?
Speaker 4: I mean, like, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: It does make it easier to clean, and it is kind of like my grandma vibe, which I hear his cheek now, is to have Grandma speak in your house.
Speaker 6: So somehow your laziness turned stylish all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: Right, But is that comfortable though?
Speaker 3: I just feel like my butt would stick to the chair, you know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it does. I'm not even gonna lie.
Speaker 9: Are you on the couch naked a lot?
Speaker 4: I guess yeah, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess like after the pandemic, I feel like everybody is really just psyched out about like coming into a place and knowing that that person isn't clean or washing their hands or whatever.
Speaker 4: So I think I have a little bit of that going on too.
Speaker 3: I love how honest you're being about your cleanliness. I think that that's something that I mean, do you appreciate that a little bit?
Speaker 9: I mean I do. Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with being clean. I just don't, you know, want a list of rules to follow if I'm going to come over, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I definitely get that.
Speaker 1: I totally could see why that came across as abrasive and maybe a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I promise I'm not crazy. I maybe it's just a little normal about it crazy, but that's not crazy.
Speaker 3: A little crazy is good, right, Brian?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean a little crazy.
Speaker 2: Is a lot of fun, exactly, Yes, so, Brian, see, would you like another date with Amanda?
Speaker 6: We'll pay for it, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Actually I honestly didn't think we would ever talk again, but yeah, I think we could have a good time still. Jam said, yeah, yeah, let's jam out for sure. Well, let's get wild next time. I ripped that plastic off the furniture.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll make sure to bring the faith next time for our jazz question.
Speaker 3: You've been tucking dirty. I can't tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't tell, roppling plastic off the furniture and slapping the base of it.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, congratulations, you got another date?
Speaker 3: Yay? Are you excited?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And I'm excited too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're all excited, so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the chairs are excited and the bass is excited and the band's excited.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys, No, thank you.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Juble's First Day follow up