Speaker 1: Welicend. He's home sick today, so she has school, she's just not there. So Zoe got sick again.
Speaker 2: What Sunday since she got her was like just another terrible hold. Poor thing was home Monday.
Speaker 1: Tuesday was like this is all this. I felt so bad for her. She was super sick. She's like, I'm never taking my tonsils out ever again, or adnoids whatever she got to have been out. That's the ad a.
Speaker 2: This was just she got her the adnoids out, got sick the day of her the night she.
Speaker 1: Had her surgery.
Speaker 2: It was miserable for that and then was like better for a week five days and then her boyfriend's uh little toddler brother I think was sick.
Speaker 3: And these little tree dishes, aren't they? Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, super just hands all over everything and their nose in their mouth that you yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like two straight years of illness in those preschool years.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was like, oh it' stop not again, because it keeps going around the house and I relatively bounce back quickly. But like poor mascalt, he'll get it and.
Speaker 1: It just lingers. Oh no, he says it's because he's old.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's true. Well, it could be.
Speaker 1: It could be because he's old, or there's just stuff going around, you know, there is. There's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 1: It feels in the year. Yeah, I think it's getting colder in the mornings. We had lots of cag out here. This spe is love it. I love fall. Yes, you're shorter days, oh mind those.
Speaker 2: See I hate the shorter days. But I have my human plant light.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're You're like the reptile under.
Speaker 2: A I am like a reptile in the morning, and I in my little nook under the stairs where I do my journaling in the morning, I have my little plant light. So I basically have a small greenhouse for myself and I sit in there and I just get as much vitamin D as I can in the morning because I'm waking up. I hate the short days that I am not a fan of, but I'm trying to find joy in the fall, which I did in a big way.
Speaker 1: You love fall. Yes, this is your season between the pump halloweens, some the Halloween.
Speaker 2: Pumpkins, pumpkin spice. You can have now, people, I'll allow it. Well, really, September, you could start, but it was still so hot, right you know. And and the rule is you can't drink a cold pumpkin spy, you can't have an iced pumpkin spice.
Speaker 1: That that's ridiculous, right, You're just defeating the purpose of cozy, you know what I mean? Not cozy, it's dying. It's not very high. That's too hig Who got that? It's a Danish word? No, no, no, I get to correct you. I only know this because I lived in Denmark for four months and so h y g e is yes, yes, yes, which is it's like coziness. It's like it's a whole thing in Denmark. They strive for.
Speaker 2: This, trying to live my best Huga life, yes, Huga. But no, I I am a huge fan of Halloween. Yeah, as you know, because I have dragged you to horror nights many many times.
Speaker 1: I hate it and we're not I'm so sad. We we haven't planned it for this, Thank god. I'm not going.
Speaker 2: I'm going to see I'm going to I'm going with Teddy and Larry and a group of of their friends that we call the Delusionals to uh the delusion interactive horror play here in l a in a couple of weeks, so I'll see him then and be like, hey, Aby really wants to go still horror nights.
Speaker 1: We need to make this happen. I'll go beforehand anyway, you know. I want to see friends Teddy and Larry.
Speaker 2: Teddy was one of our Netflix execs on Fuller House that we have become very good friends with, and his husband Larry.
Speaker 1: And Larry as Larry also love.
Speaker 2: Halloween and and Larry is always Andrea's protector. So yeah, you're just you're sort of you're seeing eye dog when you go. Your service, my emotional service, Larry emotional support.
Speaker 1: Like I'll just hold onto his arm and he'll just whisper in my ear it's okay, you're flying, it's not real, You're okay, and he actually helps. So that's the only way I'll go is if Larry No. But I this year.
Speaker 2: Decided to go all out and have front of my house decorated.
Speaker 1: So did you did you go out? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you head over to my Instagram at Jodi Sweeten, you can check out my amazing twelve foot tall animatronic werewolf that's on my that's in my front yard.
Speaker 1: It's pretty spectacular. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It howls, it yelps, it scares the dogs in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: I am really enjoying. It keeps them from pooping on her lawn.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest, you know it is. It is a big wolf.
Speaker 2: We haven't named it yet because Zoe is it her dad, so she hasn't seen it. So we're gonna have to name him, uh me, Zoe and b obviously.
Speaker 1: Because he needs a name. Well, yeah, yeah, I have. I have a huge werewolf.
Speaker 2: I've got gravestones, I've got little skeletons, I've got I've got lights, I've.
Speaker 3: Got very statter of things. It's so festive, very festive, and I have to give a huge shout out.
Speaker 1: I tagged them in my story.
Speaker 2: But the Christmas lights, guys, if you're in here, if you're here in La, the Christmas lights guys. I've talked about them before on another show I did.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 2: James Costigan is the owner, super sweet, incredibly friendly.
Speaker 1: Like so thorough. They do such a great job.
Speaker 2: But they have done my house for Christmas, like the outside lights because I can do the inside.
Speaker 1: But we do an outside totally in a ladder. That's all.
Speaker 3: So no ladders for Jodi seen no ladders for me.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they have come and done the outside of the house with Christmas lights and they just started doing like Halloween this year, and so they were like, we would love to come and and do your house and do it. So it was really really fun way I mean, I was like, just I don't know, have fun, go for it, you know. And so yeah, so I now have a howling werewolf in my yard for the next month.
Speaker 1: That's shell.
Speaker 2: He walked outside and he was like what, there's like three people in the yard from like nine to four.
Speaker 1: By the way, bless them. They went all day Wow.
Speaker 2: Like everything is so meticulous. They like they ran all of the electrical taped it down like you can't see anything.
Speaker 1: It's the hardest part yep. But yeah, big shout out.
Speaker 2: I tag them at Xmas lights guys on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Check them out.
Speaker 2: Because all of the stuff in the yard is not even it's not mine. I don't I don't have to store it or keep it's the best. It's like it's theirs. And they set it up and they take it down and it is absolutely worth it and bringing me joy. I wasn't going to do it, and I was like, oh no, you know see how the how the year goes, whatever, holidays and stuff. But I was like, you know what, this is what I need in the world right now.
Speaker 1: I need.
Speaker 2: The world is scary, so I'm going to make it pretend scarier and deal with it that way.
Speaker 1: There you go, escapism. I am escapism. Halloween.
Speaker 2: I have bought more Halloween decorations. Mescal is going to be out of town over the weekend and I told him, I said, I need you to get the Halloween decorations down before you leave.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm surprised he hasn't done it already.
Speaker 3: I have to nag him today. But it's the second so you've.
Speaker 1: Got you've got to talk. You're ahead of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I would have liked to have had it done on the first, but whatever. No, but he's going to get everything down and when he comes home, it's he's going to have just He's like, oh my god, in.
Speaker 1: This what did I do? Who did I? Well?
Speaker 2: I told him I on like September twenty ninth. I said, babe, you know what time it is.
Speaker 1: He was like, what I said, It's decoration time.
Speaker 2: Because basically from now through Christmas is uh oh yeah, it's just it's one.
Speaker 1: Holidays, all holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've got decor for all of it. I am Janas Sweeten's daughter in this regard. Is this is where my like little Orange County housewife comes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I am.
Speaker 3: Thrilled for like, you know, a good faux leaf table runner, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So proud, Yes, really, Nick knacks the better just put everything like Halloween throw up all over.
Speaker 2: Halloween is going to puke all over my house.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great. I mean it's already got the outside so and then you got Thanksgiving and then yeah, it's like one big holiday.
Speaker 2: Well Thanksgiving also is nice because like you start with the with the Halloween and the pumpkins and whatever. You can kind of throw some of the pumpkin in there and then the Halloween and then the other things are left.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's my favorite time of year. I'm not even a pump and spice person, but I just love the weather. I love the houga, I love the candles, right, oh I candles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's been great. The weather's been super nice. Finally it's not nine thousand degrees.
Speaker 1: So I hope, I hope everybody else.
Speaker 2: Out there is excited for Halloween now that we are in the spooky season officially bookie season.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's a it's a great, great time of year.
Speaker 2: I uh, I'm building my nightmare before Christmas.
Speaker 1: Legos just started that. How many pieces is that?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how many pieces, but it's like three. It's like the Halloween town. So it's like three little builds, like separate buildings.
Speaker 1: That kind of all connect together. Nice.
Speaker 2: So I just started that because I couldn't started in September because it's not Halloween.
Speaker 1: No. No, you're a purist. I can tell you're a purest pump spice. You're like a little OCD about it. But what else? It's I admire that you commit, you have boundaries in an.
Speaker 2: Area in my life that I have any form of self restraint and uh and planning ability and.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know, Oh god, it was this good.
Speaker 3: You know, planning marriages?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can plan Halloween though, dang it.
Speaker 2: I can plan I can well. Yeah, look, I guess I'm good at planning scary things.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes you are, you are? Oh oh my how are you? What are you? What's good you? I never texted you back. Sorry, but when you texted me one day and I was like, I can't talk. I'm a Joey McIntyre's show, I can't talk.
Speaker 3: So I just was like, justrified that I even thought of interrupting, didn't you.
Speaker 2: I didn't have it on my calendar that Andrea was going to the Joey mcdie.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I failed. You didn't know. I'm just kidding. I just didn't need to blow you off, but I knew you would understand that blow me blew you away. Yeah, you circle back the next day. I was like, no, not a circle back.
Speaker 2: No, not a loop around, not a touch base, no nothing.
Speaker 1: No, I could you exited my mind? I thought of I didn't think of you again until right now. So sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Welcome to my world. This is if I have like zero object permanence, if it's a drawer, I.
Speaker 1: Forget I have it, okay, Like I have to look at things. So you're a visual Yeah, I'm a visual person too.
Speaker 2: Speaking of visuals, how was the Joey McIntyre It was so good?
Speaker 1: You get was the seats good? Were great? Like the whole. First of all, the whole weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in such a long time. My friends Katie from Connecticut Andrea from Arizona, Uh, they flew out and stayed with me for the weekend, and it was just such perfect timing. Not that we had planned it this way, but with you know, losing Holly a couple of weeks ago, and I just in my half. I needed a distraction, I needed friends, I needed laughter, and they provided all of it. It was so fun. They went to They went with me to Felicity show Choir performance, her performance, which was fantastic. We went to Alcholo, which is fantastic. We went to a little Korean mall and got some skincare which was fantastic, and then we saw you know. The the ultimate was the Joe Mack his Freedom Tour, which kicked off in Anaheim at the House of Blues on Monday night, and he was fantastic. I expect nothing less. I mean I stressed all day about like logistics and what, you know, where are we gonna have dinner and what when do we have to check in? And where? No. I was just playing no, no, no, no, no, it doesn't matter. But the logistics of me getting to this event almost as complicated as Planet a whole tour, because you know, it's like when does the box office open? On my tickets? At the box office, I don't know. Michael's like, why did you just text him and ask him where your tickets are? And I'm like, no, I don't want to disturb him. No, he's in like prep mode. I'm not going to disturb him, so I'm just gonna go up. But I mean, I feel like he should have let you know he's before that. He's a boy. He's a boy. He's just like, hang got you.
Speaker 3: But like this, you know, you gotta be like, yo, where's where do I pick him up?
Speaker 1: We'll call your pocket? What are we you talking? Well, the first mistake was we showed up an hour early, Like the ticketmaster said that the show started at seven, but it was doors at seven. Shows starts at eight, So he showed up two hours early and my tickets were not at will call. But she's like, oh, yeah, the artist sometimes holds back tickets so he can give them to you in person. And I'm like, I try not to bother him, Like I don't want like, just if he is holding on to them.
Speaker 2: To give to you, he realizes there is going to be an interaction that is obviously not bothersome times.
Speaker 1: What if he's in sound check, what if he's like having a meal. I don't know. I didn't want to bother him. Probably wait and be like, yo, I'll hit you at fifteen. Anyways, the lovely tour manager shout out to Justin. He came out and didn't have tickets, but he was like, oh, let me personally escore you. We created a row for you. And I'm like what. So then I overanalyzed this and I'm like, did Joe forget about me and this is the last minute, let's add a row for Andrew because we're sold out? Or did was he like, Oh, she's a special guest. I'm going to create a row for her. I still haven't decided whether, you know what, how I'm going to interpret this gesture, But it was a lovely gesture. We had great season, not front row. We were in the back of like a section that was on the stage stage. No, no, I was the crown of every shot. I would have. I would have, but I absolutely would have. The show was fantastic. There's nothing better than solo Joe. I love all the new kids, but he really shines when it's just him. Yeah, saying all of his newest hits on his Freedom album. He's sang some deep cuts. He sings Please Don't Go Girl. I mean it was just the lighting was so good, he sings, was so much heart. Yeah. He wore a mesh shirt as a throwback to the nineties. It was just everything. No, no, it's perfection shirt. I love it shirt. Yes, And his hair was kind of like he had really high like the boy band hair was extra boy bandish. He looked a little bit like like a porcupine, very high. Yeah, I had like this sculp. It was well sculpted. Yeah. I was just Oh, it was such a great night. And we did get to go backstage and say hi to him. He was very kind and sat with us for ten minutes and we chatted just about that huge.
Speaker 3: Tour bother for him.
Speaker 1: I bet I thought it was really I didn't want to him. I never I don't have it. I show up without expectations. I just you know, it happened organically and it was so lovely and he's just so kind, So I'm sure he's listening to this. Thank you Joey McIntyre for it, obvious night. Who knows he's on tour right now. He's up in Sacramento on his way. I think Favor is next. Yeah, so travel, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: You listen to a podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true, your podcast got quite the road trip.
Speaker 3: You know. He's going acrosst the country driving in a tour bus.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's in a sprinter got three sprinter vans for this tour. So so yeah, anyways, it was fantastic, fantastic. Yeah, it was just the best weekend. I'm sad it's over, but it was just it filled my soul with much needed happiness that I really need it at that moment.
Speaker 3: So oh I love it.
Speaker 1: Well good, Yeah, I'm glad that. Uh yeah, we both uh we.
Speaker 3: Found a little joy this weekend.
Speaker 1: I loved it. Yes, we did.
Speaker 2: You with your creepy creepy you with your boy band.
Speaker 1: You know, we're very on brand. We don't ever stray from no else where. I'd like to think of it as we know ourselves. You know what I mean? We know thyself is very important. By the time you reach your forties, your mid forties. You're like, I know, I know me and I'm not going to change, so this is rue.
Speaker 2: I remember, yeah, I remember thinking like when I was young and looking at my parents being like starting to go like I don't want.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: This is I'm setting my way and I was like, God, I'll never be that old and boring.
Speaker 3: And now I just look at old and boring. I know, now look at me.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say you're boring, wouldn't mean say no, no, I'm not boring you middle aged.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I'm I'm comfortable in my weirdom these days, and I've just let the freak flag fly.
Speaker 1: You know, who wants to be boring? You know, like just just be you, just be you, just be you. There's only one. Yeah, that's it. Yeah Ah.
Speaker 4: I'm Kristen Davis, host of the podcast Are You a Charlotte. I'm so excited to share that I got to sit down with incredible Bridget moynihan, who plays Natasha Bigg's wife. She is telling stories from the very beginning, like why she almost left the audition.
Speaker 1: I'm calling my agents. I'm like, guys, I have to go to the other one, and they're like stay for this. You need to stay for this. I'm like, well, you can't be late for the next one.
Speaker 4: She shares her thoughts on the Big and Carry affair.
Speaker 1: I think I actually said out loud sometimes like, no, she was having an affair with my husband. Let's break this down.
Speaker 4: And what it was like coming back to the show when we did.
Speaker 1: And just like that, I love that it's Natasha who is caring for her. Yes, I mean there really is that bond between them. You can't miss this.
Speaker 4: Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to how are You? Tannerito's I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten, and today we're discussing season five, episode fifteen. Play it again, Jesse, and again and again, again and again and again. I just sort, hey, I welcome a good snort, you know, just fly your freak flag, Jody.
Speaker 2: And high into the Microsoft snort of I don't even know what of judgment.
Speaker 1: A lot of judgment. That's a common reaction, I think. Anyways. This episode originally air January seventh, nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: We're in the nineteen ninety two day week before my tenth birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, okay, so oh wait, that's the next episode. We're discussing Stephanie's tenth birthday.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, but we don't know what time of year it is, do we No, not really, and it's not very not very specific.
Speaker 1: So anyway, very yeah, this was Yeah, it was right right before your real tenth birthday. Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, probably the episode that because it was in the next week. I would imagine that probably the week we shot it might have been my actual birthday.
Speaker 1: So maybe Stephanie's birthday is your actual birthday. Yeah, we'll go with let's go with that like this. You know what, a fan of Rito will correct us.
Speaker 3: If we've somewhere out there, if we've ever said birthdays of Stephanie, Judith Tanner and uh Dona Joe almost said Dona Joe, Gibbler Joe.
Speaker 1: That actually flows. Well, the episode goes a little something like this. When Becky returns to work, Jesse is uncomfortable with being a stay at home father to Nikki and Alex.
Speaker 3: I'm sure shocked.
Speaker 1: Lots to talk about here. This is so nineteen ninety one. I did not ninety two. Yeah, this is ninety one.
Speaker 3: There's no excuse for ninety two, and we're still here, no excuse for this episode.
Speaker 1: But you know that's okay. We're here to enjoy it. It was directed by Joelswick. It was written by Dennis Rinstler and Mark Warren. And we have two great guest stars. Danny Breen plays George in the Supermarket. He did sixty episodes of the series Not Necessarily The News in the eighties. I remember that show. Yeah, me too, And he was a producer on Whose Line Is It Anyway? And the Wayne Brady Show. Yeah it's a great guy. Okay, he's your favorite guest star, now favorite?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Whose Line Is It Anyway? Is one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 2: It's just I based on a lot of like stupid games and stuff that we played in my comedy show, off of like things that I've that we've seen in Whose Lines?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great a great place to find inspiration for improv. Comedy. Improv doesn't get better, and it's so intimidating. I really admire the actors that do that because that's hard. It's like for someone like me who's anxious, I'm like improv scares the heck out of me, so mad props to these people. And next we have Greg Collins. He returns to full House as a tough guy. We last saw him in season three's Fraternity Reunion. He's the guy in the prison. Uh, and well, so he got out, he got out of prison, and yeah, he got out of prison, got to the.
Speaker 2: Airport obviously, back to doing some shady transportation stuff with the luggage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a con. There's some other con going down in the air.
Speaker 3: There's so many drugs in that back.
Speaker 1: Drill a lot. Yeah, and this is not the last we'll see him. We'll see him again in season six, episode nineteen, Subterranean Graduation Blues. I don't know what he's doing in that episode, but I'm sure he's playing another tough guy. Yeah, from the sewers. I don't know. I don't know either. We got we have a whole season to find out, so I will be waiting with baited breath. So there's no teaser. We go straight to credits, and then we are in the kitchen. Jesse is feeding Nikki a bottle and jokes that the baby needs to save room for the peaking duck. He laughs at his own joke and says, oh, just a little solid food humor. I don't know the last.
Speaker 3: Gone with the burrito myself, But peaking duck is funny, king duck.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that a call back to another like when they did the peaking peaking with the duck, the ceramic duck in the kitchen, So I feel like that was a callback to that. But whatever, Okay, not the strongest start to the episode. But could have said fried chicken, Oh yeah, cold fried chicken. It would have been funny. That would have been funnier, yea. So then Jesse sets Nicky's car seat right next to Alex's, and Becky walks downstairs, all dressed for work and admires her boys. She says, oh, I can't believe I have to go back to work already. I'm gonna miss my pooky bear so much, and Jesse reminds her you'll see them in an hour. You're putting them on your show today. Becky whinds, but what if they do something cute? What if they learn to talk? And Jesse sarcastically responds, I'll have them call you. Then Danny walks into the kitchen and tells Becky, they gotta go, he adds with remorse, today's our big farewell to Vicky show. And Becky puts a hand on her hip and Danny gives her a smile and are even bigger, welcome back Becky's show, and he gives Becky a kiss on the cheek. Jesse is surprised to see Danny's cheerful demeanor. He thought that he'd be down in the dumps about Vicky's last day. Danny forces a smile down me, mister up, mister life of the party. Oh yeah, man, let the good times roll. Then he quickly changes his tone and begins to sob Why did she have to go? I feel like we haven't seen a whole lot of Danny and Vicky's Like there's been a couple of miners couple, Yeah, but no, like real it was all the storylines were about them getting together. We haven't seen much of the current relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we kind of went well, and it was sort of a sudden jump from like they were sort of liking each other to like she walked in the door and gave him a kiss. Right, we had that moment where we're like, oh, okay, we're there, right, yeah, it was never. There was never like an episode where it was like I think, I think, I think I'm gonna make it official, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then now she's leaving for Chicago. I know she comes back because she's in the Disney World episode whenever that is in the future, But I don't know is she in any other episodes? Like, I don't know what I was really enjoyed. Did you watch this one? You know what? Excuse me a hiccup? Did you let me.
Speaker 3: Try that again?
Speaker 1: Did you watch this episode? Do you know? Uh, you know what happens? Yeah, I know what happens, but she's I'm just do you not getting rich of wed? No? But I just spoil it, guys, But uh, Vicky stage, it was just this was sudden. This just felt sudden for me. I wish I could have seen more of like build up to make this goodbye, the alleged goodbye. Yeah, it wasn't a good not a good pay We have a note. We have a note from our wonderful poster Maddie. According to Google, Steph's birthday is January fourteenth, and DJ's birthday is February ninth. Okay, all right, all right, so like five days earlier. Okay, Like, I like, if you're still you're still in the same horse. It still a capricorn, Still a capricorn, right, yea, yeah, okay. So Joey walks into the kitchen and greets everyone while staring up at the ceiling. He's wearing his Ranger Joe uniform to remind all of us that he's still employed, and has mister Woodchuck at his side, who is also gazing at the ceiling. Everyone stops what they're doing to look up to Danny curiously asks what are we looking at? Ranger Joe. Joey admits he has a stiff neck, saying I sure hope my neck loosens up before my show or it's gonna be bird watching day, which I would love, I would tune in. I was like, this is right, you'd be like, move out of the way, Ranger Joe.
Speaker 3: Kimmy's coming for Iteah, we've got the turkey vultures are now out encircling my house.
Speaker 1: That's it's turkey vulture season. Those ugliest birds I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I know because there were several that fell out of a nest in Zoe's dad's backyard. Showed me like they it looked like the fledging didn't maybe go or something.
Speaker 1: They were common. But yeah they're massive. Oh yeah, they're huge and ugly and but you're fascinating to watch. Oh totally. So then mister Woodchuck shines in. Yeah, we can look for woodpeckers. Becky makes a joke, well, Joey, keep your chin up. Ha I guess you have no choice, and then Danny, Becky and Joey exit the kitchen. You notice that Joey consistently has these anthropomorphic objects that are always matching what he's doing. The mannequin always was wearing the same outfit as him. Mister Woodchuck is like looking up like him. Yeah, this is a fascinating psychological study. Why is like what doesn't need a best friend?
Speaker 2: There's probably some some sort of like trauma in his in his childhood from that very strict father, and so he inadimate objects to uh sort of channel himself through it so he can be himself. But it's sort of through the lens of the puppet, so it's not really you know, it doesn't doesn't feel too personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, subjection doesn't take on that Yeah, yeah, yeah, the emotion to do the things.
Speaker 2: But he yeah, Oh, I'm I'm going to go get a puppet.
Speaker 1: This makes a lot of sense and explains a lot about Joey Gladstone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and why he doesn't have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Right doesn't need one, He's got inadimant objects to talk to. On cue, Michelle, DJ and Stephanie walk downstairs, all ready for school. DJ is sternly telling Steph forget it. You cannot borrow my clothes. Stephanie begs please. DJ says no. They go back and forth until Steph says please please please. Michelle pipes up to take the reins. She tells DJ, I'll do it and wags her finger at Steph, saying no, no, no. DJ focuses her attention on Steph once more. Remember my clothes are untouchable, off limits. This means you understand, And with that she walks out the door. Steph solemnly responds, I understand. But as soon as DJ's out of the door, she turns to Michelle and unzips her jacket. Not I'm wearing DJ's sweater. Michelle gasps in complete shock. She's gonna have a cow. Jesse hands Michelle and stephanieither sit under the table. Yeah, the cow in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: There's a cow in the cow in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Under the table. For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, there was an episode of Fuller House with a cow, a life sized real cow.
Speaker 2: That Jeff wanted to fit under the table that could not physically happened in this.
Speaker 1: And Jeff was like, well, what we have to make the joke work. So the cow has to fit under the table. And the handler's like, like, the cow wolt fit at the table.
Speaker 2: You're looking at the same cow. I am right, Yeah, anyways, I love that cow.
Speaker 1: Back to the cows. Okay, So Jesse hands you guys your lunches and these tiny little lunch like these are not the regular brown bag lunches. It's like their tiny little I don't know, pastry bags or something. But anyways, I was worried that you guys were going to be hungry at school later with your lack of lunch.
Speaker 2: The kids are they get to that age and they're like, they don't eat, they're eating anything all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's why they, you know, raid the snack cupboard when they get home from school. Uh So, Jesse checks on the twins and then the phone rings. He answers it and excitedly tells the boys that it's the record company. Here we go? Which one this time? Which one?
Speaker 2: Which one the Wisch record said that already put them on tour or the one that canceled the tour or the one that said, I don't use which record company were it?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think it's intentionally vague. I don't know what are.
Speaker 3: We talking Yeah, just death Row? Like what record company are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: Jesse?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, please be more specific, Jesse. Uh so, he asks the person on the other line, tell me you love the song? You like the song? He starts to ramble, Oh, well, maybe you can learn to love it. I mean like as a kid, I hated blue cheese. I thought it was like eating sweat socks. But eventually and the person on the other end says something in Jesse's demeanor turns to sadness. Right, okay, I'm sorry too, and he hangs up the phone. He lets out a huge sigh and tells his sons, your old man got rejected again, but you still love me? Right? And the baby stare at him blankly. In response, he.
Speaker 5: He's gone from job to job and tour to record studio in the basement to the thing to add man, I think I think Jesse's.
Speaker 1: Doing he's he's an artist. Rejection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rejection, very seriously, if you're gonna be an artist, you have to get used to rejection and insistent.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is not easy. He's he's comforting himself by trying to get validation from his infants, like, yeah, this is he's taken it. He's taking it badly. But yeah, that's what when you're a musician, when you're an artist, this is what happens. Sometimes you're out of work. Uh, And he says that in the same book, out of work high fives, out of work high fives, and he high fives his babies. Next, on the set of Wake Up San Francisco, First, Danny and Vicky start the show together and sadly, Vicky announces that this is her last day because Becky is back from maternity leave. She longingly looks at Danny it admits I'm gonna miss you, Danny. Danny stares right back, starts to lean in and says, oh, Vicky. He continues to almost kiss her on air, but thankfully he stops himself and says, you know, I just forgot we're still on camera. They both turned to the camera and awkwardly laugh. Then Danny announces that he has a surprise for her. I spoke to our station manager and he wants you to do the weather reports right here on Wake Up San Francisco. Isn't that wonderful? And Vicki WinCE's at the suggestion, Uh, it would be, except this morning, I was offered an incredible job anchoring the news in Chicago. It's a no brainer to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was a news anchor, right, the weather girl.
Speaker 1: That would be a demotion.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, not a weather meteorologist. Meteorology just sounded very sexist, and I Apologizell, it's not what I meant.
Speaker 2: That's okay, But it felt like that was what they were calling her, you know what I mean, That's what the It felt like, going from like, hey, you're actually a really downed news anchor.
Speaker 1: Would you like to host the weather? Yeah? It was a little no, there's anything. No, we need meteorologists, we need their important job that there.
Speaker 2: We actually uh have anything to have them meteorologize off of anymore, because I think we pretty much got rid of all those things.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know, just Loo. Yeah, the sky is still there. Okay, So Danny wonders, Chicago, the windy City. You'll have to wear a hat, you'll get hat hair. Vicky admits that they'll have to talk about this after the show, and she tries to bring Becky on stage, but Danny won't let it go. Chicago, didn't they have a really big fire there? Vicky assures him it was over one hundred years ago. I'm sure it's out by now.
Speaker 2: I mean San Francisco too, Yeah, yeah, you really want to do you have some terrible fires.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of disasters in both major cities. So this was, yeah, weak excuse for Danny, but he's desperate. He's grasping at straws. He doesn't want her to leave. Finally, Becky takes things into her own hands, stepping into the shot and introducing herself. Hi, I'm Rebecca Donaldson and I'm welcoming myself back to the show. Welcome back, Becky, and Vicky and Danny both smile. Welcome back, Becky. Becky proceeds with her segment, telling the viewers, I would like all of you to meet the two reasons that I've been out of work for the last eight weeks. Ah, eight weeks. I was wondering how long was this maternity leave?
Speaker 2: So two months, maybe longer than anybody gets in this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that's a really long maternity right, so that's a europe maternity leave. Yeah. Yeah, sad but true. So she says, Nicky and Alex come on in, boys and this is my wonderful husband Jesse. Becky boasts that the boys are identical twins and jokes except Alex has a birthmark on his tissue, just like his daddy. Jesse is completely embarrassed and starts to walk off the set, but Becky forces him back and tells everyone she is so proud of him because today he's going to take care of the kids, do the shopping, do the laundry, and cook a wonderful dinner. Jesse tries to maintain some of his macho ness, and right after that, I'm going to rustle a bob kat with my bear hands. Sure you're Jesse, he's very threatened. He's very well yeah right, no, right, have you seen this guy in play sports? Yeah, you know, he's this is just this is just the beginning of uh oh, I know this storyline. So yes, Jesse's upset, Jesse's threatened, Jesse's ubsess, He's just upset. Next, at the grocery store, Jesse is shopping with the boys. He jokingly weighs one of the babies on the produce scale, have mercy fourteen pounds? Have you guys been sneaking down to the kitchen eating cheeseburgers at night? He continues shopping with one baby strapped to his chest and the other seated in the shopping cart. He grabs a melon and explains to the boys, this is what you're gonna look like if you don't start growing hair. It's very obsessed with these boys growing hair.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's like honeydew from the Muppets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's super cool.
Speaker 3: So can we look at the grocery prices please and just have a moment.
Speaker 1: I was startled, stunned.
Speaker 2: Ninety nine cents for cauliflour and seventy nine cents for egg plants.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, under a dollar? Under a dollar? Yes, I know it's it's depressing.
Speaker 2: It's depressing when you've got to take out a loan to get more than one egg plant these days. I know, if you want a dozen eggs, whipp forget it.
Speaker 1: That's not it. That's like a much payment. Yep, yeah, you better own own chickens, grow your own vegetables in the backyard with the.
Speaker 2: Other and easily spent like two and a half times as much.
Speaker 3: For what I always I was like, yeah, Trader Joe's what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's depressing. It is depressing to have to eat in this these days.
Speaker 2: But we can always dream of seventy nine cent egg plants, which sounds not the way I meant it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can dream of that too, if.
Speaker 3: You like, I guess some people do for seventy eggs. That sounds disappointing, you know, not when you'd want to discount egg plant.
Speaker 1: So then stephan Michelle appear from one of the aisles. Stephanie has her arms full of junk food and states, I got our dinner, Uncle Jesse. Jesse shakes his head in disapproval. I'm not buying all that junk food. Michelle waves a box of vanilla cookies in his face. Well, you better buy these cookies. I already ate four. She shoves another cookie into her mouth. And corrects herself, I mean.
Speaker 3: Five love a good Nilla Waifer. Oh yeah, it's good stuff.
Speaker 1: She turns to find a row of featured cereal and screams at the top of her lungs, Billy Bunny Cereal. I gotta have it. Jesse tries to reason with her. Let me tell you something, just because there's some goofy character on the box doesn't mean the product is any good. Then something on the shelf catches his eye. He runs to pick up a jar and exclaims, Oh my god, Elvis peanut butter. Steph wonders, isn't that the same thing as Billy Bunny cereal? Mean you're not wrong, I'm not wrong, Jesse defends himself. No, it's not. Elvis is a man, not a cartoon. Now what do you guys want, smooth or hunka hunka chunka. I'll take both. That was clever. Hunka hunka chunka.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh that's actually that's good. That was clever. Jesse walks back to the cart and lovingly bends down to Nikki, but his face sours when he smells him he needs a diaper change before they head to the diaper aisle, Jesse has a temporary solution. He sticks an air freshener to the baby's bottom to help with the smell.
Speaker 3: Then he reminds that sound any weird chemical on your baby's body?
Speaker 1: It was, I know, remember those ones? Those are the word there smell.
Speaker 3: So often terrible yeahs, and it makes me want a gags.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh god, it smells like a puppet. It makes it worse. Yeah, whatever you whatever smell you're trying to get rid of, is.
Speaker 3: Much moreferable to those those distinct things. Yeah, gas station vibes totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then he reminds Michelle and Stuff that they need milk and bread, So the girls run to the aisle on the right. Jesse yells out, no more junk food and on cue Michelle and Stuff run out of that aisle and over to the correct one. That's a good bit, good little bit there. Jesse continues to contradict himself as he runs over to the Elvis peanut butter and stalks up on an ungodly amount. Who needs that much peanut butter? Jesse does. As he's loading up his cart, another dad walks up to him and says, hey, I saw you on TV this morning. Obviously.
Speaker 2: Do you think that they meant to make him look like the live action version of Ned Flanders.
Speaker 1: Because he one, Oh yeah, he really does well. He's supposed to be. I mean, I think he's supposed to be like a nerd. He thought he was going to be going to neighbor.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for it, yeah, or pop out of a bush or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I was he Yeah, he's not. This isn't supposed to be a cool dad. He's supposed to be kind of a nerve. But he worried. The mustache, the sweater, the hair, the voice. He was Ned Flanders, he was in the flesh, he was. He nailed it. He absolutely nailed it. It was perfect. The man goes on to say you're Rebecca's husband, Jesse Donaldson, and Jesse looks like he got punched in the gut. He corrects the man, it's Kitsopolis, Jesse Kitsopolis. The man shrugs, whatever, I'm George. It's nice to meet another house husband, and he reaches out to shake Jesse's hand. Jesse chuckles and tells George that he is not a house husband. He's a musician. George nods with understanding. Yeah, I'm a screenwriter. Jesse continues to explain himself. Look, I'm just doing this because my career is temporarily on hold. Okay, again, George knows how he's feeling. I said the same thing to my wife when she went back to work. That was four years ago, and Jesse is in disbelief. So for four years, all you've done is take care of the kids in the house.
Speaker 3: This that line made me want to slap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this, This is.
Speaker 3: Was I was like, oh, this didn't age.
Speaker 1: Well yeah I know, yeah, yeah, yeah, and yeah, I've got I got I got more thoughts. I'll save I'll save them. But it was very nineteen ninety two. You wouldn't see this storyline today.
Speaker 3: Very nineteen seventy two, sixty two, really really two, I don't know, it was very Yeah it's old.
Speaker 1: Old school. Uh, George clarifies, well, of course not. I mean there's the shopping carpools and my favorite soap, General Hospital. Lovely nod to John's former show when he was on General Hospital. Then George says he has to run and tells Jesse he'll see him on Thursday for double coupon day. Jesse responds under his breath, Hope I can sleep Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: Then we switch the twins. You gotta save every cent you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need as much sleep as you can get. We switch over to Steph and Michelle's grocery adventures. Now they're at a Funky Frank's sample table eating little hot dogs. Steff admits these Funky Franks are pretty good. I better try a few more, just to make sure. She grabs a hot dog and a mustard bottle. But when she squeezes the mustard, it lands all over DJ's sweater.
Speaker 2: In a totally not staged easy. Uh looks like it just happened sort of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not at all, not at all staged. Your your prop work was excellent, Tear. I was like, oh, it was great, it really, but it's like, don't.
Speaker 1: Make it on the hot dog. I was right, don't make wait, make sure hold it. So Yeah, props are stressful when you're a kid, especially, props could be very stress when you have to do two props, one in each hand. That's it's hard to do.
Speaker 3: I can't act and do props at the same time.
Speaker 1: That's it's too much multitasking for us.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: So Michelle's eyes widen uh oh, and stuff starts to panic. What have I done? I got mustard on DJ's sweater. Michelle admits she's gonna have a cow. Steph is frantically wiping the sweater as she responds, tell me something I don't know, So Michelle does yesterday I dropped your toothbrush in the toilet. Stephanie looks at her in disbelief, and you're definitely, You're definitely got. So that was a great line. I mean, the delivery was just fantastic. So then Jesse walks over and tells them all they need now are paper towels. Michelle walks over to the nearby paper towel tower and says I'll get one. She goes to grab one on the bottom, but Jesse stops her. Hold it. You never take from the bottom, always from the top. Like this. You see, as he grabs a paper towel roll from the top, he accidentally bumps into it and knocks the whole thing down.
Speaker 2: I mean, this looked about as realistic as the mustard, so I didn't take it so hard, right, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you know what, that wasn't.
Speaker 3: Really believable either, So I'm gonna take yeah, and yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: No one's doing no one's doing believable accidental prop, prop and more.
Speaker 3: Accidents are so hard to do on camera because you.
Speaker 1: Have to be very right. You have to execute it exactly the way the director wants you to execute it, but make it look like.
Speaker 3: It's not make it look like it's an accident.
Speaker 1: It's actually very stressful. I totally agree. Uh, and Michelle's snarkily says, I could have done that. And you know, stuff is always getting into trouble with DJ's sweaters. You know, you stole the sweater and little shop of sweaters. She'd learn. I know, I take the sweaters. Just enough of the sweaters. Wear your own clothes, Stephanie. That's that's the lesson. Here in the kitchen, Jesse is cooking dinner while Michelle sets the table. Then steph walks down the stairs and announces, I'm too full to eat dinner. Now I know why they call them funky franks. So Jesse instructs Michelle to take one plate away. She pretends it's a magic trip, magic trick, saying now you see it, now you don't. Then a timer buzzes and Steph exclaims, that's my laundry. Jesse tells the girls he'll be right back. He just needs to check on the boys. Steph opens the dryer and tells her little sister, I threw DJ's sweater in. I hope that mustard stain came out. Then she holds up the sweater and screeches, ah, it shrank. Michelle is happy about this. That will fit my Barbie on cue. The door opens and DJ and Kimmy come walking in. Steph quickly tries to hide the sweater behind her back and slowly backs out of the kitchen. She casually says, stage, my loving sister, how nice to see you. I'm just gonna go to the living room and practice my moonwalk. DJ and Kimmy sherry puzzled look as Steph shows off her moves and DJ scoffs Steph, the eighties are over. I enjoyed your moonwalk. That was a thank you, well executed moonwalk.
Speaker 2: You know it was better than I expected. Yeah, I expected, oh no, and that I didn't fall down backwards. I'm fine, but you're fine bits walking forwards that you have a trouble.
Speaker 1: It was the forward direction that's difficult. Then Jesse walks back in and tells DJ and Kimmy that they're just in time for dinner. DJ responds, Oh, sorry, uncle Jesse, but Kimmy and I are going to go study at the library. We'll catch a burger on the way. Jesse puts a hand on his hip. Is that the thanks I get for slaving over a hot stove all day? And John could not get this line right. I vividly remember him mixing up the words and saying like, stay, is this what I get for staving over a slow.
Speaker 2: Hot at once you get that in your head, you're like, that's it.
Speaker 1: I can't My mouth is not going to work the other way. Yes, I don't know how many takes we did of this, but he could not. Yeah, he just couldn't do it. But he apparently did it once because it made the final cut here. So Kimmy reacts, boy, you sound just like my mom, only more bitter. Jesse aggressively points to the door and responds, prompting Kimmy and DJ to leave. Michelle walks back to the table and sighs, there goes another plate. Then Joey walks in. This time he and mister Woodchuck are looking down at the floor. Jesse asks, did you lose something? Joey says, yeah, the use of my neck. I tried to crack it myself. Do you know it's amazing how many people need shoeshine? Why is he carrying the puppet in? I don't know, Like this is a bit I'm telling you. This is his anthropomorphic bits, right, that's right. I forgot his trauma response. Yeah, yeah, it's yeah. The puppet talks for him, right right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: This, yeah, this, I mean, Dave is committed to this so great, but it's kind often the way it's written. You So, did you get.
Speaker 2: Out of your car and put the puppet back on your hand before you unlocked the door after? Like you know what I mean, it's just how'd you drive home if you can only look at the ground?
Speaker 1: Were you on the bus? Did you take the puppet on the bus? Ticket? Hold on? There's a lot of questions. Don't pull that thread, Just don't pull that thread, like it.
Speaker 3: Does a puppet need a ticket on the bart system?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh, well this one does, because it's this one does. Joey thinks it's a real, real character, So yeah, I would say yes, So Jesse wonders where's Becky and Danny. Joey tells them they had to work late, which means they'll be late for dinner. Jesse instructs Michelle to take away two more plates, and she huffs, why do I even bother?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 1: They host a morning show and they're gonna miss dinner. Yeah, that's a long work day, very long. Worse people. I know they do morning shows.
Speaker 3: You're like, I love this job because I'm done by eleven thirty, Right.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point of getting up at four am. You're done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know they have to produce it all themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. They do everything, including costuming and props and set design, hair makeup. Yeah. So Joey breaks some more news. I gotta go see a chiropractor, so I'm not going to be here for dinner either. Jesse holds up the number one to Michelle, so she removes another plate, asking what is this a joke? Then Joey asks Jesse for a favor, can you sew this button onto mister Woodchuck, and Jesse sarcastically responds, oh love to Joey walks out of the kitchen with his head held low. Boy, this floor needs a wax job, Jesse. He feels surprising for Danny. You think it would be freshly waxed, right, But Danny's been at the he's been at the set all day. He's been in Vicki Land.
Speaker 3: He neglected his floors, neglected the job. The floor waxing.
Speaker 1: It's understandable. Yep, so Jesse complains. Not only am I mister mom, I'm mister Woodchuck's mom. And he sets the puppet down on the counter. He grabs the pot of food and sets it on the table, and then he slumps down next to Michelle in defeat. She wonders, are you totally bummed? And he nods, yeah, totally. She insists, go ahead tell me all about it.
Speaker 3: Have a seat in my office, sir. She knows the doctor is in.
Speaker 1: That's a good therapist right there. She knows that he needs to talk. And she's just encouraging something wrong with you.
Speaker 3: You look like an adult in need of some emotional assistance from a child. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least he's using an actual human being and not a puppet or a mannequin. So true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody in this house has some communications.
Speaker 1: You have some issues. Yeah, so, Jesse admits, I'm just afraid, you know what if I never get a record deal again. I mean, is this it for me? Didn't you already have a record deal and a confusion?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to ask Jeff about this. Jesse continues, I mean, is this it for me? Cooking, cleaning, watching the kids while Becky's at work. I got to make some changes in my life. Michelle asks, can we eat dinner first? Jesse laughs and scoops some dinner onto her plate, saying, I hope you're hungry because it's just you and me eating. Michelle responds, I think you forgot somebody on cue. Comet runs in and snatches his bowl from the ground. He's such a good boy. He's such a good boy. He's so happy in this scene, presents the bowl to Jesse, who serves him some food, saying bonea petite comet, and Comet goes to town on his chow so good. Next to the living room, Jesse is rocking the twins in their swings as he sews the button on mister Woodchuck. He tells the puppet, all right, there your button's on, you saw dust sucking tree freak. It's creative like that. He he Jesse loves to insult like everything. But I'm like, it's that funny. That's his communications.
Speaker 3: He's just help everything because he's just right right, because.
Speaker 1: It's just he's got to make it.
Speaker 3: He's got to make it stupid so that he feels better about himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's excelling.
Speaker 2: You know, Dave has to distance himself or not Dave. Joey has to distance himself from the emotions with the puppet. Oh okay, and uh and Danny. I don't think has really ever dealt with the death of Pam.
Speaker 1: No, no, he hasn't spoke of her. He's just shoved that far down and it's not going to deal with that ever.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's good to know that even the Tanners struggle a little bit with Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It explains a lot about this family. Actually, it explains an awful lot. So Jesse makes eye contact with the woodchuck and snarks. Oh, so you have no snappy comebacks? Since Joey's hand isn't up your back, huh.
Speaker 3: You know he wanted to say up your butt.
Speaker 1: I know. Oh yeah, that, I'm sure he did on several takes. I didn't make it to the to the final cut. So when mister Woodchuck doesn't respond, Jesse says, that's what I thought and tosses him onto a chair. Then beyn, I know, like that seems that seems illegal to be well, I should say that you're the one that broke mister woodchuck stand nineties broke his stand.
Speaker 3: And then he came to the next one with a half terrible hat stand. It didn't even prop him up. I was like, that's my fault.
Speaker 1: That's because of you. Jodie Sweet. I know you should feel bad, but that's okay. The puppet himself is still intact. I feel bad. So Becky and Danny walk in from work. Becky apologizes for missing dinner, and Danny begins to confide in his brother in law. I should be happy about Vicky's new job in Chicago, and I am, but I'm feeling a little guilty that I'm not happy enough, you know. Danny doesn't let anyone answer and just continues to babble. I think I hid my feelings pretty well, although I did weep all over her. Goodbye Ice cream cake. I'm fine about this, I really am. Then he laughs and asks, do you guys know any good therapists? I'll be leaving now, and he promptly exits the living room. Yeah, where there's one of the lives in the house. Right, Well, Jess's not going to share. Jesse's not going to share his therapist.
Speaker 2: Her client list. I mean, she's got so many she can't take.
Speaker 1: On another, she cannot take on one more client. Yeah, she's very busy. So Becky and Jesse both sarcastically agree that he's taking this well. Then Becky asks Jesse about his day. He admits, well, the record company called. They didn't like my demo. Becky is sympathetic. They like the tour. Yeah, he's going to be going to Japan. It's in some one of these upcomings. He hasn't even gone to Japan. Kay, So like, just wait, did he I think he did does go to Japan? But did he already? No? No, I don't know what season that is. But yeah, just hang tight there, Jesse. Your your moment to shine will come. Just you know, calm down. Jesse goes on to say, it's all right, I'm shaking things up. I got myself a gig tonight. I'm playing with an oldies band at the Airport Lounge. And Becky is surprised by this the airport lounge. Honey, isn't that a step down? Kind of that's kind of harsh hard, I know, I agree. I thought, Hey, a job is a job, and when you're an artist, you take what you I was kind of proud of Jesse for just taking whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm gonna do this just feel a little better about myself. I have something to do, and that's really what it's.
Speaker 1: About, right Becky. This is the one rare occasion when Becky supportive person where I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, Becky, that was yeah, Yeah, I agree, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Jesse defends himself, Nah, it's music, it's a paycheck, and then he jokes besides, I got a real nice coloring book and those little wings. Becky can't hide her sadness. I've been gone all day. I mean, this was supposed to be our time to other. Jesse responds with frustration, Well, this is my time to make some money for my family. Becky counters, I make more than enough money to support our family, and Jesse's tone changes thanks for reminding me. Becky asks, what you have some problem with me making a decent living. Jesse snaps, no, I have a problem with me making a decent living.
Speaker 3: That's basically yes, yes, yes, that's just a longer answer yes, too many words to say yes.
Speaker 1: Becky scoffs. Oh, okay, so now I know what argument I'm in. This is about your stubborn, macho pride ding ding ding ding ding Right on the nose, Jesse angrily responds, what pride. I don't have any pride. I lost my pride, and he walks toward the door and says, I'm going to go get some pride.
Speaker 2: Honey, you got enough. Yes, you've got enough. You got too much.
Speaker 1: You don't need any more. You don't need no more. He grabs his jacket, a motorcycle helmet, and bitterly says, say goodbye to ster Donaldson. Becky is left alone in the living room with concern written all over her face.
Speaker 3: Spray, so get back on that bike after breaking both of his arms.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. Well yeah, when he when he rides his motorcycle, when he's upset like this, bad things happen. He could be.
Speaker 3: On the edge of a parking structure in no time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, totally totally. But this this okay, so this episode, it didn't it didn't age well these Jesse's view on masculinity. You know, his identities all tied up with with masculinity, and he's got this old school view of masculinity that no doubt undoubtedly came from Nick, his dad, who had a similar and also was a very typical and there's you know, look, there's a lot of people that still feel that way.
Speaker 2: But it's just an interesting thing where you know, you see him saying like, oh, all I'm gonna do is just you know, take care of the house and the kids and the thing, and then this and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, so who was supposed to do that? Right? Yeah? And that's just and that's just you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing that we've all kind of figured out now, is like there's nothing just about it that's as much of a full time job, maybe not more than you know, anything else.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so it's not it's not even really about Jesse's need to provide financially. It's the problem is that the de values housework, which is traditionally seen as women's women's feminine work, and how people don't they just like, oh, it's just it's just right care Well know, the most successful men out there had a woman supporting him and raising the babies and making sure.
Speaker 2: That you know, so it's kind of like that it's got to be and like, yeah, it's in this, you know, as we here live in twenty twenty five, I think we would hope that this episode would maybe be handled a little differently, but also find some ways to like because and here's the thing is I do get. I get the under the conversation, which is like I want to feel like I'm contributing. True, yes, but it's the discounting of how much what you are doing is contributing. Yes, that it's not all about money. That it's that that is just as valuable and you know you should that it's worth your it's you know, cost your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important work. While Jesse Jesse.
Speaker 6: Twins bro this is not easy to think what's going to happen, arguably harder than hosting a morning show, but both you know, jessely finds his worth in his financial contributions, and it's like, no, there's multiple ways to contribute to the family.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Definitely And there's a lot of his his self worth tied up in in how he's seen uh as a masculine right, a praditional sort of Yeah, yeah, a masculine provider.
Speaker 1: And I also think it's not just the financial component. I think it's also like the public uh adoration, like he needs to be acknowledged for how good he is at his job whatever that is, and he needs a lot of childcare and house care. How you know they don't They aren't acknowledged for doing a good job. So I think it's all tied up in gender roles and views and uh sure, so yeah so I and so I don't even blame Jesse here.
Speaker 3: This is just a culture I see, like where like what it is. It's just the way the priorities that he places are a little uh it's all.
Speaker 1: What is the word gender restrictive? I guess Yeah, no, I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: This is because let me tell you men, for the men listening out there, they probably know this. If you want a happy life, do all that take help, take care of the kids, make.
Speaker 2: Some dinner, do some laundry. Let me tell you you it will pay off for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, guys, that makes for That makes for a happy partnership too.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do think we've come a long way, at least in the relationships I've had, as far as splitting the housework and the childcare and stuff like. Thank god we are living in these modern times. We've come a long way, and this episode proves it.
Speaker 2: Look, all I'm saying is you're really not getting any if you're not at least helping wash a dish once in a while.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. There is nothing sexier than a man doing some dishes. Yeah, just saying to turn on. Okay, Yeah, moving right along. Up in Michelle and Stephanie's room, Joey walks in with his head finally looking semi normal. He asks steph if she knows where the heating pad is. She says her dad keeps it in his top drawer because he preheats his socks in the winter.
Speaker 3: That sounds delightful, that does.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea, actually, a heated sock drawer.
Speaker 3: For Gotten it now.
Speaker 1: Stephanie asks Joey how his neck is doing. He admits, oh, oh, it's much better. I just can't make any sudden moves Then Michelle walks in wearing DJ's sweater and shouts, look what fits me. Stephanie's jaw drops and her eyes wide and Michelle. Joey's head whips towards Michelle and he asks what and he immediately wins is in pain? Mister Woodchuck responds, way to go stupid. As they walk out of the room, Puppet's talking or Dave like they just didn't know what to do with him in this episode. You know, It's like he wasn't really part of the A or the B storyline, so they're just like, here have a bad.
Speaker 3: Neck and a puppet and a puppet. Yeah, so that's all right.
Speaker 1: Dave does great with whatever material he's given, Oh for sure. Uh. Then DJ walks in with Kimmy and notices Michelle's outfit. She absent mindedly comments, Hey, I have the exact same sweater in my closet. Steph responds, well, it's a small world after all, and lets out a nervous laugh. And then I couldn't get the song out of my head. DJ continues to examine the sweater and that one has a button missing right where this one has a button missing. Can someone explain this? Michelle innocently says, I just wear them, I don't shrink them. DJ looks at Stephanie for an answer, and she admits, all right, this is your sweater. I stole it. I stained it, I shrunk it. I should have buried it. Michelle chimes next time again, next time, lesson learned. Michelle says, DJ, have that cow, and Steph apologizes. I am so sorry. DJ. I'll do anything to make it up to you. DJ looks at Kimmy. Well, make it up to Kimmy. I borrowed that sweater from her last summer recognition crosses Kimmy's face. Oh yeah, that is my sweater. She walks over to Stephanie and continues, So, Steph, you'll do anything to make it up to me. Stephanie immediately regrets her words, saying this is my worst nightmare. Okay, Kimmy, I deserve this. What do you want? Kimmy walks over to the table and starts to take off her shoe. Well, actually, I haven't had a pedicure in my whole life. Jimmy removes her shoe and puts her foot on the table. And I obviously have painted toes in this scene, so that was right. Whatever, everyone it's recoils in horror and says ew gross. Jimmy starts to remove her sock. Michelle screams, not the sock, run for it, and the girls hurry out of the room, covering their noses. I mean, your face looks horrified. I feel like we're still early in the sock like I'm not so annoyed yet as I was by the end of the series in season eight. But yeah, this is just one the you know, we're still at the very beginning of the sock jokes, so yeh whatever. Next, at the San Francisco International Airport, Jesse is singing with an oldies band called the Diplomats and they're performing the song Glowworm by the Middle Brothers. Jesse's on piano, and the entire band is wearing matching plaid jackets and bow ties.
Speaker 2: They were kind of they could have pulled it off as like a hipster vibe, you know what I mean, just oh, just wear it with confidence. Well, you'd somebody in you know, silver Lake would have been wearing that probably yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, but this, I'm very upset at this episode. I've been mad since nineteen ninety two. You don't even know.
Speaker 7: This, oh, because it was gonna be Jeff got this idea from my favorite musical, Forever Plaid, right, which is a musical about a four part harmony band four guys who were wearing.
Speaker 1: Plaid tuxedo jackets. Right, And so Jeff was like, Oh, this would be great to have you know these guys, these these Forever Plaid guys do this bit with Jesse. And I got so excited and I told the Forever Plaid guys, I'm just like, this is great. You might be able to get on the show. This is gonna be so fun. And then we show up for like the first stay rehearsal and it's these old codgers wearing these pastel plaid jackets, and I wash. I was crushed, and I get it, and now as an adult in hindsight, I get it. I'm like, it's a funnier bit that Jesse, this young hot dude, is performing with these old codgers. But I was devastated that it couldn't be my front Plaid guys.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I'm devastated for you.
Speaker 1: I've been resentful ever since.
Speaker 3: So you have your plaid jacket. I have my pink bunny.
Speaker 1: Ye see, we both I get it. Sometimes there's just the thing that sticks with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go, I really wanted that in this podcasting we are.
Speaker 1: We are getting it all out on this podcast and healing our inner trauma. Right, all these injustices against just it's just.
Speaker 3: All of them we're gonna be Yeah, we're working out our trauma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least it's not with puppets. So Jesse thanks the crowd. As Danny, Becky, and Vicki walk in, he asks them what they're doing here, and Becky explains, well, we thought we'd come to see you. She questions, I thought you said this was an oldies band, and Jesse awkwardly nods towards his bandmates and Becky gives an awkward smile. Ah, I get it. Jesse says he'll talk to her after the set. Meanwhile, Joey is sitting next to a tough looking guy and his neck is stuck looking off to the side directly at this man. He notices, and the man gruffly asks, Hey, buddy, what are you staring at. Joey replies, Oh, I'm not staring. I just have a stiff neck. This is like Dave's expression is so funny and it's so awkward. I did really enjoy this.
Speaker 2: His character, he built the whole thing, yeah, over the shoulder, and he just had a character that was always walking around talking over his shoulders.
Speaker 1: This is just I love Dave so much. This is so funny. So the man threatens, you want me to adjust it for you, and Joey designs he'll just adjust his chair instead. Then Jesse begins to tell the crowd what number they'll be playing next. When the tough guy walks toward him, Jesse happily asks what his song request is, and the man simply states, watch my luggage while I go to the john.
Speaker 2: That is the thing they tell you not to terrorists anybody's luggage.
Speaker 1: Especially some guy that just got out of jail, right like.
Speaker 2: This is that thing is full of uh it's Tarantela's that you're not allowed to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cocaine, yea illegal illegal animals, illegal plants, and maybe some drugs. Drug There is a lot that could be in that bag. So Jesse jokes, oh who wrote that one? Gershwin and IRV the Drummer gives him the uh the shot shot. I do like this bit with IRV they do it a couple of times. It's funny Yeah. Jesse gets back to his music and starts playing. As time goes by from the film Casablanca, Danny and Vicki begin to recreate a similar farewell scene to the Will Always Have Paris ending. Vicky insists on taking the weather job in San Francisco, but Danny won't allow it. Overhead speaker Brian Cale announces final boarding call for flight nineteen to Chicago. Danny stands up and dramatically quotes Casablanca, Vicky, you've got to get on that plane or you're gonna regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. Vicky replies with just as much drama. You're right, Oh, Danny, I'm gonna miss you. He responds, I'm gonna miss you too. Goodbye, sweetheart, and they share a very passionate kiss. She quickly runs off and Danny slumps into his seat with sadness, but then Vicky runs back to him and says, I can't do it. Danny tells her she has to be strong, but Vicky explains, no, I can't do it because I don't have luggage or a ticket. Tanny replies, you mean I have to go through this whole goodbye again tomorrow. Vicky takes inspiration from Casablanca again. Yes, but we'll always have the terminal lounge.
Speaker 2: Back when you could just walk into an airport, walk your family to the gate.
Speaker 1: That's I don't remember those days even. That feels like so long ago, when you could just yeah, walk your loved one right up to the gate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, wave the window window I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just a total, whole, totally different world. Uh So, next, Jesse finishes his song decides to take a break. Joey compliments Jesse's band, saying it makes him look young. Then he asks to be pointed to the to the bathroom. He walks past the tough guy from earlier and shields his eyes so he doesn't stare at him again.
Speaker 3: And this is this is the same I'm hiding characters, except he usually does it with two fingers right, But he's doing the.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can't see you all in this.
Speaker 2: Scene like, and then at the end he's doing this little This entire scene is Dave doing bits that nobody else knows except for the cast, and every one of them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Oh, I know that character guy.
Speaker 2: He just makes up these and all of them were in this scene.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like the greatest nobody else except us will ever be able to appreciate it. Yeah, the stiff tr the hiding behind you know, can't see, you can't see, you can't see, and then the little shimmy at the end. Yeah, this is all of Dave's best hits. And I'm just thinking, like the tough guy. Last time they saw each other, Dave was wearing a dress, had a wig in the jail cells.
Speaker 2: This guy's probably like I ripped this guy's the neck and the thing and the dress and the thing.
Speaker 3: At least he didn't have this puppet at the airport.
Speaker 1: One same grace, right, So then Becky and Jesse start to chat. Becky asks him if this is really what he wants to do, and he sighs, no, this is really what I have to do. And Becky questions seeing Glowworm in an airport lounge. He admits, it's not the coolest gig in the world, but it's still music, and you gotta admit Irv is one bad mama in his own right. Becky wonders, what about your music Jesse insists, I'm still going to work on my music, and if I get lucky, it'll be great. I'll get it. I'll get a shot. But right now, I have to contribute to my family. Becky argues, but you do contribute. You're a great husband, you're a great father, and Jesse interrupts her. I'm talking about money now, whether I make a million dollars or one dollar, I can't just let you go to work and make all the money for this family. I'm a man. You know, maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's who I am. See, well, Jesse, we could work that he gets all his self worth over his financial contributions and publication in.
Speaker 2: This situation, that'll be one of those things. It's like, it's I get that with there's an expectation that sort of Nick, his father, society has put on him, that like he needs to be the one going out and doing stuff.
Speaker 3: And you know, Becky's like, dude.
Speaker 1: I guess we're working together. Yeah, well you noticed that, bet that it's not flipped. Like Becky never feels guilty for not being at home with kids and doing the mother what's traditionally mothering duties. So she's not she's not. She's like, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I make enough family and I'm a mom and I work and we do.
Speaker 1: They have this three thousand square foot attic and they don't even pay for it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't need to pay for diapers again, and they built you a recording studio.
Speaker 2: You don't even need a recording studio. All your friends play their instruments and bring them over.
Speaker 1: You don't got to pay musicians. No utilities, I'm sure are included in the Danny Tanner welcome package. You know, they just buy diapers, formula. Maybe that's that's that's all they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, Mattie said he just has to buy seventy nine cent egg plants.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. This guy a lot of.
Speaker 3: Egg plants, egg plants for I Bucks. Yes, you know, absolutely.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Becky smiles and says, and that's who I love. God bless you, Becky.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, thank god you do, Becky.
Speaker 1: She kisses him and apologizes if she hurt his feelings, and she's even willing to back him up, back him up if he wants to be a diplomat. He kisses her forehead and walks back to the stage to work on the tuneage. In this joint, and he addresses his fellow bandmates, calling them the Dips. He says, now, I know, deep deep down inside you, there's got to be some kind of wild rock and roll maniac just dying to get out. Huh. They all just stare at him blankly, and he shrugs, all right, we'll fake it and tells them to play a little rock and roll music In e Vicky and Danny get up to dance. Becky and Joey do the same. Then Joey's next snaps back into place and he's magically.
Speaker 2: Cured and able to do his little dance and doing his little little jimmy, which the you know, the Olsen twins would do that too, but David Dawns they did in the in the recording booth when we came down to the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's his brand.
Speaker 2: New recording studio, and he was in there and he's doing his weird little dance.
Speaker 3: It's the same dance.
Speaker 1: It's it's Dave like. To this day, he still does that little dance and he loves it. The whole airport lounge is up and moving and dancing and enjoying the Diplomat's music. And that is our show. Though I know what was in that bag, right, and he never comes back to get it, Like, what was he doing? It was a long bathroom break. I'm just gonna say he had too many seventy nine and ink plants. He was stuck in the bathroom for a while. Digg blends do that too. I don't know. I mean maybe these too many vegetables in general, you get kind of gassy.
Speaker 3: I think I still think it's connected somehow to some sort of nefarious criminal organization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. I agree.
Speaker 3: So this was this was this was This was an episode yet not my favorite, not my favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm choosing to look at it as like this archaeological artifact of this is what life was like in nineteen ninety two, and I'm glad, we am glad we've all changed since then. Although it was.
Speaker 2: But we even even Jesse admits in it, He's like, I'm old fashioned, so we know that this sort of mindset is like kind of out of date.
Speaker 1: He acknowledges this, which I appreciate. Honestly, I think he should have gotten more credit for just taking whatever job. You know, this random airport lounge job.
Speaker 2: Well, does it make you happy? Are you enjoying playing music? Then rocket right, go for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you hate this? Do you feel terrible? Then don't do it? Yes, that's it. I think that's we Jesse needs to.
Speaker 2: Work on his his uh intrinsic self worth on, you know, sort of finding it within himself.
Speaker 1: Maybe Michelle will help him get to that by Michelle needs to put this in her notes and work on this in future sessions, because he's good at unloading on her, but he's not good at listening to whatever feedback She has to help him putting it into new practice. Yeah. Yeah, but got a couple more seasons, got a couple more seasons. So yeah, I don't love this episode between the Forever Plaid plagiarism and the Genders episode for you right, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know I feel the Jackets anymore. I liked him originally, Now I think they're crap.
Speaker 1: No, burn them. I don't like them. No, I'm plaid. It's full plaid. It's not forever plaid, it's faux plaid. But I feel better now that I've gotten this off my chest, and now you and all the fan ritos are now aware of my feelings about this, and now you're going to get plaid jackets. Oh gosh, I have some. I have my forever plaid leather jacket I bet I got for my sixteenth birthday. Yeah, one of my prize, your love of plaid. It was amazing. Oh. I took you at least twelve times to that place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, at least you and Janie and we loved it and we love it.
Speaker 1: Did you have any? Were there any? Everywhere? He looks the only one I have. I already mentioned Brian Kale doing all of the announcements everywhere you listen, Yes, did you have Yeah? Did you have any? I didn't. I didn't. Oh.
Speaker 2: I did notice that the Tanners were recycling back in nineteen ninety two, you know, they had a little recycling binds there, and I was like, okay, I noticed that.
Speaker 1: Good for them. Yeah, this. I did a waste management commercial probably right around this time, in the early nineties. So yeah, I think recycling was becoming.
Speaker 2: Saying Captain Planet really did that? Yeah, reduce, reuse, recycle, Yeah, recycle reused.
Speaker 1: I don't know that was a big campaign, you know that. Oh yeah, they went hard with that. Can look at all the good it did Hey, I recycle. I still recycle. So glad we did that and saved everything. We're much better right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh those cans I collected.
Speaker 1: Really thank god, that really made a difference. I look at this guy.
Speaker 3: I think that's all we got.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for bearing with us in today's one hour and twenty minute episode, A thirty minute show.
Speaker 1: We like to talk show.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of we had a lot of thoughts, we had a lot of funds, and we hope you had fun too. And if you want to continue the fun, listen next week and follow us on Instagram at how Rude Podcasts or send us an email at how Rude Tanner Ritos at gmail dot com, where you can maybe answer some of our questions that we never seem to know, like birthday days and you know, whatevers or show.
Speaker 1: Ideas us you're views about this episode, Yeah, I'd love to eat Yeah, yeah, I'd love to hear.
Speaker 2: Take people's views and comments and things like what what did you think of this?
Speaker 1: Is this like where? Was it kind of cringey? Or was it like man, we get it? Or you know, yeah, what did you think of it when you watched in nineteen ninety two live there we go on Friday night, and what do you think of it now?
Speaker 3: And what do you think of it now? Oh smart, I'm very curious to hear the fan of how Have We Grown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out our merch store at how rude merch dot com. And I think that's that's it.
Speaker 1: You got you got it, that's it. Yeah, done, gone all of it. Just need your your tag.
Speaker 3: We love you, and remember the world is small. The house is full of plaid jackets, but like not those crappy plaid jets.
Speaker 1: The last ones legim plaid jackets. The real ones were white touxedo jackets with plaid lapels and a plaid commer bun and a plaid a little bow tie. Oh, that's that's what I'm picturing. That's what the house is full of. That. Yeah, that's much better. Faux plaids. All right, you next sent
Speaker 2: Hmm