Speaker 1: I'm with Lucas and this is Black Teed, Green Money. Jimmy Jackson is a community man that you're at LinkedIn empowering thousands to amplify their authentic voices and strengthen their personal brands. That's just in ninety five. She's also a founder of the Blond Misfit Misfit creative media and actor award winning journalists and content creator who's transformed her a side hustle into a global powerhouse. I want to talk about black content creators. You know, you see a lot of black content creation and you are a black content creator, but a lot of us are making a lot of mistakes when we're trying to build a brand. What is one of the things that you see, like, y'all should stop doing that. We gotta stop doing this.
Speaker 2: I love that question. I love that question a lot because it's almost like when you're at the at the family cookoud of the reviews and you're hanging out with your cousins and them and they're like, how can I step up better? And you like, stop doing this? Yeah, yeah, and for all So for all of my cousins out there listening, I would I would say, I see we make the mistake of don't we don't brag enough, don't we don't carry our receipts. I think receipts are so important in today's job economy because, if you think about it, a lot of people do what you do. Right, Let's start there. I don't pull any punches when it comes to this. A lot of people are good at what they do. A lot of people have your job title, they work at your company. They want to be where you're at. But what sets you apart is your unique story and the way in which you tell your story, your narrative, and your ability to answer the question will why me? I think society does a disservice because it's taught us, as black creators that our blackness is not a superpower, and it absolutely is. Being able to code switch, being able to speak English and African American vernacular English right, or ebonics or whatever you want to say, like being able to straddle these worlds is a superpower that other people don't have. And so when I tell people all the time, like talk your talk, I'm saying it from the sense of, like, don't be cocky, right, because we all know that one person who talk a whole lot. But they can't fight in the club. Will like they can't fight, But I mean, like, bring your receipts, show why you are a unique value add show how your experience has positioned you or your experiences have shaped you. You know a lot of black creatives. We know what it's like to juggle multiple jobs. We know what it's like to have a non linear career path. That is your superpower. And so really, when I'm talking to a lot of our creatives, when I'm talking particularly even on like LinkedIn and how you position yourself, don't get so caught up in figuring out how to brand yourself as professional. Learn how to brand yourself in the sense of if someone didn't have you on their team, what are they missing out on? And that is where your story and where that superpower lies.
Speaker 1: How do I know if my LinkedIn profile is me opportunities versus creating opportunities for me?
Speaker 2: I love that question a lot, because we always need to be asking ourselves if we're losing out on the money or if we're attracting it. I would say a couple of things that you should think about is if your LinkedIn is accurately portraying the person you want to be seen as in the rooms that you want to be in. We have a really dope episode on Let's Talk Offline around personal branding, and I say on that episode that you are a brand, whether you want to be or not, Like we all are a brand because rooms that you're not in, somebody is saying something about you. And even though you can't necessarily control where people talk about you, you can't control what is said. And so when you're looking at your LinkedIn profile, you need to be asking yourself, Am I telling the proper story here? Am I reflecting all of my experiences? Am I utilizing my creativity? I'm always perplexed when I talk to creatives and they're not being created. Like, see your LinkedIn profile as an opportunity to be creative, And there's so many ways you can do that. If you love to write, You're about me section should be fire. I'm not talking about that whole like it looks like you just spin it out in AI and it just came out. Tell a story. Who are you? Where did it start? Where did your passions start? Where do you uniquely add yourself to the conversation? If you like to write, you can explore obviously your feed in posts, you can explore your newsletters. But a really amazing format that we've seen continuously grow at LinkedIn is short form video, right I'm talking like your two minutes or less vertical videos. It doesn't have to be fancy, it can be shot on the phone. Those are so great because you can still provide professional insights, which is where LinkedIn is unique to right like, but your professional insights are still through the lens of how you see the world, and so like, I always like to tell the story that, you know, I was dealing with somebody in my life who I looked up one day and I was like, bro, you're a hater. Like you're an actual professional hater, Like you know, whenever something good happens for me professionally, like you don't know how to show up. And so I made a video about that and I posted on LinkedIn. I'm sitting on the bathroom floor, I'm doing my makeup, and I'm talking about professional haters, and I'm sharing how you need those people in your life. You need people who doubt you, you need people who don't believe in you, because that builds character and it makes you see who really has your back and the good times and the bad. I looked up and within twenty four hours I had gotten over a million impressions. To date, that's one of my best performing videos on LinkedIn with over three points some million impressions and more. And that video alone showed me people want real. People want real, people want authenticity. People can smell fake a mile away, and that's on the platform too. So I always say, find unique and creative ways to tell your story. That's not gonna cost you a back, it's going to actually attract Because the type of opportunities that came after that were great. People then really wanted to tap in more, particularly with the podcast, because they were like, Oh, like this girl just gonna keep it real. She's gonna be honest, she's silly. And so I would definitely say like taking the time to look and say like, if I were a recruiter or a hiring manager, if I was an investor, if I was a sponsor, if this is all I saw about this person and I didn't do my due diligence to look them up on any other platform, which most people don't, you got one shot is this reflecting who they are? And I say you got to You gotta know how to do that professionally, but also in a way that is true to you. Like I don't ever want anyone to see any of my content and they don't see my personality, they don't see what I uniquely bring because at the end of the day, when I'm in that room, I'm gonna bring it, you know what I mean. And so I think like that's where a lot of people make the mistake. They're not exploring the creative ways in which they can tell their story, and they're not seeing themselves as a brand. The minute you start carrying yourself like a McDonald's or a Coca Cola or a Chapotle or any of these other household names, is the minute that you can just control the narrative and you attract the opportunities that want to tie to that narrative as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want you to go further on that, and I'm gonna ask you this from a different perspective. Is because you talked about leaning into who you are, leaning into your creativity, leaning to your culture, leaning into your blackness, how has black representation in media evolved to allow us to be able to do that and then not be off putting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I was privileged to go to an HBCU. Shout out to Howard, shout out to all my Bison family. It's all of no matter where you went, right, But I always got to put a little extra on for the Bison. I was very blessed that growing up, I was taught a lot about my culture. Being from like the Washington d C. Northern Virginia area, I was always surrounded by that, whether it was in the church or being an actor in community theater, or then going to an HBCU and learning. And I think what I've seen in media, particularly over the years, is like it's not all just about telling a certain narrative or a story. When we talk about us not being a monolithic people, we're often talking about it from the lens of Okay, we don't all come from a major city, or we don't all come from a certain socioeconomic background. But very few times are we actually saying when we say black people are not monolithic, we're also talking about a diversity of thought. We don't all think the same. And I think nowadays in media, you can find a little bit of everybody on social right, you can pop out your phone and you go and see the celebrity gossip sites. But you can also, you know, find a podcast like yours are Mine, where we're talking about other topics. Like I like to show people I'm from round a way, as our uncle Denzel Washington says, but I'm also a black girl in tech who can show you that you don't have to become anybody else to win. You are enough. And I think, like what I would like to continue to see is more of our stories continue to take over in media to show people, and especially this next generation, you don't have to to do certain things in order to get ahead, Like you get to define your destiny. You get to define your story and who you are is enough because let me tell you something, Well, when I first started out as a journalist and then as a blogger, and I was working in fashion and beauty, I was trying to paint myself a very specific way because that's all I saw. I saw all the other black girls in fashion move in a certain type of way or act in a certain type of way. Now one of them things. I couldn't do all that because I wasn't as skinny as them. Okay, your girl had hips and I was like, I ain't gonna be able to do the no sample size is of nothing, all right, And so I was like, Okay, now I gotta find my own style. I gotta find my own flavor. And I remember just looking up one day and I was like, this isn't me. Like a couple of my friends even called that out there, like who you paint yourself to be online is cool and all, but like that's not you. And it really kind of put a battery pack in me to say I am robbing myself and more importantly, the people who are assigned to me by not being true to who I am. And I just want more people to see that. I want people to hear it. I want it to get deep down in their spirit. Who you are is enough, and that authenticity is what is going to differentiate you from anybody else, any name of any day of any day of the week. I don't have to be nobody else. Everybody else is taken. As they like to say, Jamay is not. And I'm gonna tap into Jamay because when jama is Jamay, can't nobody else do Jamay, you know. And so I think, like for for media, I just we're continuing to see more of our stories take place. And you know, when this opportunity came about for let's talk offline, I'm not gonna lie. I was just like, y'all want me, like you know what I mean, like like me, like I don't know about that, you know, because I've also been very open and honest about the idea or interpretation of what black professionalism looks like. And I was like, Okay, cool, I'll do this, but under the understanding I'm not sugarcoating things. I'ma be honest. I'm gonna be real. And in a lot of our episodes, I talk with my co host Gianna and I tell her, like, your experience is yours because you're not black, you know what, And you know you might shake up the table a little bit, but it needs to get shook, like it needs to get shook because we're doing too much of this. Let's be sweet, let's be kind, like no, let's call it for what it is, because at the end of the day, I want the next generation of young Black professionals, young Black creatives, young black entrepreneurs, change makers, thought leaders to say, Okay, I know what's ahead of me, but I also know that like me being true to me is enough and I can open those doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk about, you know, personal branding on LinkedIn, because I think there's some value you can help a lot of us with in regards to this is you know, so there was some boards I used to sit on and I remember going to those boards, and those meetings would typically be at like the end of the day, and everybody would come to the board being with suits on and etc. And I'm like, after a while, after going home to change clothes and put on a suit, because I don't wear a suit to work every day. I work for myself, and this is what I look like going to work. I'm right, I'm not going home to put on a suit anymore. Though I'm adding values to this board. So I'm going, how I not going to be appropriate, but I'm not going home to put a suit on. And so my question is this, It's so often we have this view specifically on LinkedIn, Like when you said, you know you sitting on your bathroom floor talking about professional haters, I'm like a lot like many people will be afraid to put that video on LinkedIn, and I'm like, Instagram's a place for that TikTok's place for that whatever wherever, it's a place for that, but on LinkedIn, like, oh, that's that's some guts right there. And so I want you to talk about the misconceptions people have about personal branding on LinkedIn, because in my view, it was a lot like I'm going to be who I am in this professional space because I know I'm adding value. So I'm okay coming with you know what I got on and not going home to put a suit on, which is what I felt like so long on LinkedIn. I gotta be this on LinkedIn. I can be this over here on that other app, but over here, I gotta be this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what you felt going into those meetings and saying like, no, I'm a stand tento's down on who I am is exactly the same thing you should have when you come to LinkedIn. Now, don't get it twisted. I was sweating bullets before I posted that video because now I'm thinking to myself, my manager is connecting me on LinkedIn, like my coworkers connected, like they gonna think I'm talking about them, like and you know, at the end of the day, you know, a hit dog will holler whoever is for it's gonna pick right. But but I think I had to ask myself, is the reward worth the risk? Is the reward of who this piece of content can bless or inform or help? Is that worth the time imporary risk of feeling uncomfortable that I put it out there, or that nobody is gonna vibe with it. That's kind of the job of being a creator. You listen to what you know you need to put out there, and you put it out there with the hope that it touches people. But whether it touches one or it touches millions, you've done your job. What I would say, though, is that if you ever are feeling like nervous about that, like do with self check in. Are you nervous because it's new and it's foreign. Are you nervous because you think somebody is gonna judge you? Or are you nervous because really, if you sit with it, you're like, this is not an appropriate topic for me to talk about. And I didn't have that last one. I knew that this was just uncomfortable because I had never seen anyone talk about that particular topic on LinkedIn before. Now, the thing is LinkedIn is still a place. Yeah, you go and you find jobs, right, But like, it's so much more than that. And this is where going back to one of your questions before about where we're making a mistake. We are still approaching this platform as a job search platform. Our counterparts are not doing that. Our counterparts are showing up on this platform every day, building community, networking with people, sending people happy birthday in mails, right, like posting the video being okay with looking cringey, or like weird at first, as you learn how to hold the phone or how you learn how to you know, put b roll. People are becoming comfortable with failing in front of people, and it's actually building the community that is then going to give them the economic opportunity that they need later on. And so what I would say is still see this platform as a place where, yes, you show up a certain way, right, Like I wouldn't cut up on LinkedIn away, You're gonna see me cut up on Instagram stories, right, Like brunch is not necessary for this platform. But I have learned a lot of the topics that we're thinking about. If it applies to work, it can belong on LinkedIn. You just have to ask yourself, how do we analyze this? And this is actually something that you know as we were really thinking about our episodes, you know, because for like, for instance, like let's talk offline, we're talking to gen Z and early career professionals. But there's two things here. One, no matter where you are in your career, everybody can learn something about navigating a toxic manager, right or building workplace friendships, or finding a mentor or asking for that first promotion. Everybody can learn from those things. But you also are trying to figure out, Okay, how do I do this in a way that doesn't just feel like it's just scattered. It's so speaking to like one individual person. That's where your LinkedIn profile comes in, and that's where like you get to build this unique audience of people who may follow you on other platforms too, right, Like I've had some people who I've bought in from my LinkedIn persona and then they come to my other platforms and the like, you're the same person, it's the same thing, will as like who you are around your your parents might be different than who you are around your grandparents, different from the church folk, different around you boys, Like everybody gets a piece of you. But it's not that you're not being true and authentic. You just know how to move into each individual room. So you got to ask yourself and think of that the same way for your LinkedIn profile. But I would definitely say we are underestimating our ability to know how to tell our story and to still attract the people that we need to attract. Get that fear out of it, post it, take a walk, go get some coffee, Go do whatever you got to do, get on the game, rite whatever you gotta do, and you'll start to see a little bit by a little bit. Showing up authentically each day builds that audience and that community people who come to respect you for just being real.
Speaker 1: So social media has social med platforms, I should say, have increasingly become like portfolios, you know, for creators. So how should creators think about their body of work?
Speaker 2: Look, I always say receipts. Receipts are currency, you know what I mean? You know, going back to this idea of like why you If I'm a recruiter, I want to see, like what have you done and what do you have to offer that somebody else may not? And sometimes those are the smallest deciding factors between you and another candidate, whether you're looking for a job or you're looking for whatever else. I've posted everything from short form video clips. I obviously post the clips of the podcast right because think about it, there's always gonna be someone who that's the first time that they've ever discovered it, and I love that idea. There's some I don't remember who I was talking to the other day. I was talking to somebody and they were like, you know this creator, and they showed this creator to me on the phone on their phone. The creator has millions, like tens of millions of us will if that person had been walking down the streets from New York, I would have never known. I'm been like, I've never seen this person a day in my life. And it was such a wonderful reminder to me that we think everybody has already seen everything. No, you gotta keep putting your stuff out there, and you got to be very bullish about being your own marketing professional, like you got to get this stuff out there. So everything from internships that you've had to essays to campaigns or events. If you have a podcast, are you posting your clips online? That's creating a funnel for people to go watch the longer version, if you have it with video or if it's just audio, are you constantly driving back people to where they can find more of you? I think that like, if you really sit down and you think about all of the dope projects or the things that you've touched, nothing is ever lost, right, And this also comes down to transferable skills. Now, I'll tell you something as someone who is also an actor, one of the things I've had to learn is that how the industry was years ago is not what it is today. Years ago, you did the traditional I'm going to out keep auditioning, hopefully I get booked, I get enough projects, I get an agent, and then the agent takes over. Nowadays, there's so much more people than the work. So going back to this idea of how you're going to stand out, this is why you have actors nowadays, who are scriptwriters, who are directors, who are teaching all these other things. Because you can't be a one trick pony anymore. And so this is not just in the entertainment space. This is for everybody. So if you're not getting the opportunities, create the opportunities yourself, all right, You don't need all this fancy equipment to start recording video. You don't even need all this fancy equipment necessarily to start a podcast. Start create the minimal viable product, create a proof of concept, and show people here's what I can do with this. Because if I could do this with this, imagine what I can do with a lot more. And I think this is where the portfolio comes in. If you can show people you already are that person, right Like I always like to tell people, I was always that girl. I just got a little bit more money, but I was always that girl. But I proved myself to be that girl when I was, you know, at a lower place in my life, so that it only was natural that as more opportunities came, I could continue to elevate. You got to see the same way for yourself, in the same way for your portfolio, and particularly for LinkedIn. What I like about LinkedIn, and it's not because I work here, It's because I've just genuinely seen it, is that you can marry so many of your communities here. If you like video, there's a place for that. If you like audio, there's a place for that. If you like to write, there's a place for that. Like, I have so many different communities in my LinkedIn portfolio quote unquote that I really like, and I just think that, like, we got to just keep tapping into that. But at the end of the day, show goes, receipts, show the receipts.
Speaker 1: Like that. What advice do you give to content creators who want to advocate for themselves? They want to put themselves in the position to have deals, brand deals get picked by you know, these brands who want to engage but they're growing, but don't know how to pitch themselves. How do you do that?
Speaker 2: Man looks as an entrepreneur myself, I can tell you I've pitched myself both good and very bad. Okay, I'm very very thankful that I made a lot of mistakes privately, because now when you get a little bit more public, you kind of get a little bit more leery of making mistakes. But I'm very thankful for that time too, because I do think we all need a training ground and stuff. I always tell people like, are you perfecting yourself in the private? Because once she's public? What's the showtime? Is showtime? You know what I mean? Everybody wants something, Everybody wants this idea of what they think success to be. But I always ask myself, are you preparing yourself for that? Because you can get it? But then what happens? Right, It's like the same thing as people want the million dollar brand deal, but baby, if you can't even juggle the five hundred dollar brand deal, your deliverables are late, the product is trash. You have poor communication skills. How are you preparing yourself for that bigger blessing down the road? You know what I mean? And so when it comes to pitching, it comes down to again the proof of concept, and it shows in this idea of showing your receipts. It's also about being bold. And you know, as I've gotten older, I've come to realize, like you just got to take the risk. You got to take the risk, but calculated risks, right, Like I'm very calculative in the sense that like, I'm not just going to go into anybody's in anybody's room and ask for something. I'm gonna come knowing that I have something to bring and here's where the value is. I would definitely say like being someone who is confident in what you have to offer, but also being okay with being rejected is good too. Not all money is good money, and I know people don't want to believe that, and I know it's particularly when you're trying to pay them bills. You really don't want to believe that. But sometimes saying no to things is actually a setup for a bigger yes later down the road. And so I always say, when you think of that pitch, ask yourself, like, what are the biggest things that this person needs to know about me? How can I show how I have already done this? Right? Like, how have I already operated in the space in some way? And this is where transferable skills comes in, Like what have you done that's similar to this that you can speak to? And then lastly, how do I position myself in a way where like I'm showing you I am the person for the job? Right? We actually we actually talk about this in an episode too, where we're like, someone, you know, how do you when you when you first come out of college? And everybody is like, how do I get the job? And then we're all like, do I put the job that I had at Starbucks? Do I put that down on the resume or not? And some people might be like nah, don't put that down. But like the pushback is, but if there were transferable skills of you working, you know, I've had a lot of jobs in retail, a lot of jobs in hospitality, and let me tell you something that built me for good customer service. That now as a community manager here, I got to know how to talk to people because sometimes people be trying you and you can't just say whatever you want to say, you know what I mean, So I just say, like, use every opportunity and experience have had and craft the narrative as to how that built you, but also how you added to it. Numbers are always going to win. So quantifying your successes, quantifying anything you can helps tell a brand a story. But then also being a good person also goes so far. People like to work with good people, people like to work with kind people. So if you can present yourself to be someone who is collaborative and fun and engaging, who comes with creative ideas, but then also you have those receipts to back it up, I think you're good.
Speaker 1: You know, you manage a community of more than seventeen thousand on LinkedIn, You run your own side business also more than ninety thousand people you serve there, How are you how are you distributing your content making sure that you're serving these folks? Well? Are you cross pollinating your content? Is the same content across places?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How are you doing that in two different directions?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I always say, like, we all only have a certain amount of hours in the day. So if if I create a piece of content, everybody about to get this content. Everybody's about to see this, and we gonna see it a couple of times. I definitely believe in boundary setting, particularly when it comes to work. So for me, like even though my you know, teammates and the company and everybody knows like the things that I work on on the side, like, I do believe it is very important for me to distinguish the jama Jackson brand from the Jamaic Community Manager brand. And a lot of people sometimes be like, no, merge, merge, merge, But I'm like, that's where I think we have to also say, like I have to have some type of ownership on something too right, And so for me, I think, like creating content, I'm always looking for what is the thorough line between my audiences, my audiences for the JAMAI Jackson Brand are a lot more black and brown creatives. It's people who have watched me grow up through the ranks, people who saw me move from DC to New York, people who saw me try to go from fashion and beauty to then journalism to now acting and then also working in tech, and my LinkedIn audience is a lot more expanded, right, But particularly it's like, okay, but you also have to figure out, well, what is the thorough line here? Everybody is always trying to figure out how can I be better? Everybody is always trying to figure out what are the new trends we're seeing, what are the new things we're seeing in the job market? How do I stand out? It's a tough job market, you know what I mean, And so I always like to speak to what the commonality the differences are, Okay, right, Like if you want to see me do like the super blackly black combos, because that is what I'm going to do. There's a platform and a space for that. But when I also think about how can I service my audience, I'm also thinking like where can I get the most bang for my buck? And for me, I find like the commonalities of helping people show up authentically figuring out how do you build your personal brand, how do you build your own personal mission statement? How do you build the confidence to take up space that allows me to cast everybody? And sometimes that's what you me. You need people, You need the messaging that is going to touch more people, because then that draws back people are like, Okay, cool, I like it. Let me check out what other content she creates, So let me see what other things that she does. So yeah, I think boundary setting is so important a particularly as a creative ownership is important. But I also think that when you just show up and you share the content that you know is going to really matter to people, then that kind of you make the cell there right. This is why I also taught because I work with a lot of sales and marketing professionals and I'm always like, stop telling people you got the best product on the market. You know what I mean? Stop stop because that doesn't do anything for me. If you tell me you know, I have the best coffee in all of New York. That's different than you telling me, like, half a cup of my coffee will keep you up to finish that job proposal you've been working on for three weeks or something like that. Right, your show don't tell And I think as creatives we have to show show your impact. You don't tell us your impactful. Anybody can say that, but I show me like.
Speaker 1: That like that, I cannot get out of here without asking you about AI. You knew it was coming and is here, so I think about you know, well, actually I'm just asked what kind of tools are you using to help streamline your workflow? Like are you using AI? What kind of aire you using?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you suggest, based on the kind of content you deliver, people should be using to get you know, to make more impact and do it efficiently.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's really cool because I'm seeing like so much excitement for AI, especially around like gen Z and millennials, you know, who are really thinking that AI is going to help them progress in their careers. And I believe it. You know, I had the honor and privilege of attending Afrotech for the second or third time a couple of weeks ago, and AI and Innovation with something we talked about a lot. And it's interesting because I think that as much as we're talking about it, so many people are still being left behind because they're scared. I think we should embrace it, and I think that we should explore how can we start leveraging things like AI skills and AI learning. I mean, one of the things I always tell people is, first of all, LinkedIn has LinkedIn learning courses right what you can sign up for and you can actually learn a lot about AI. You can at least start to learn the immediate jargon right of things that like you might not know or like you might have questions about, to just at least familiarize yourself with it. For me personally, I like to use AI for a lot of things, and so like, for instance, like when I'm mapping out my week, I will use like a claud or a chat GPT to say like, Okay, here are my biggest priorities of the week. Help me prioritize based on X, Y and Z variable yeah yah yeah yeah. As a writer or as a creator, sometimes I'll even think of like, okay, here's the topic that I want to touch on, and here are some key talking points, like help me at least create an outline. Now Here's where I think people make the mistake. Will people are using this AI and then they just spit it out and then they just and you can tell I'm like, now you have never been able to formulate a sentence of Daniel life now all of a sudden, right right exactly. So I definitely say like the AI as a partner, don't see it as as something that, like you know, is going to take away from your creativity. It can enhance your creativity if used properly. And I'm just kind of continuing. I'm just I think that this is just a skill that we're going to continue to see. The great thing about AI, I think is that it doesn't just touch the tech market, right, which I think is a lot of people's mistake they think AI is only touching tech. If you can start to familiar familiarize yourself with AI large language models, what these what machine learning, what all of these terms mean, and how you can get a piece of it, you won't be behind the wave when we see because we've already seen the first wave of AI happen. But I think we haven't even seen yet all of the possibilities of what's going to happen over the next few years. This is where we start to build when we talk about building that generational wealth, when we talk about getting into these roles that are going to set us up when we talk about how we can be the pushers of culture, because we already are as black people, we already push the culture, we create the culture, but then we allow the culture to then dictate what we do. No, if you know how to move and if you know how to put yourself in the rooms, you can dictate the culture, and you can dictate the culture because at the end of the day, it's not just about what you can do for you. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself, how can I use these gifts, talents and skills to further my community and further other people who may not have access to the things that I have access to.
Speaker 1: Black Tech Green Money is a production to Blavity Afro Tech on the Black Effect podcast network in night Hire Media and it's produced by Morgan Debonne and me Well Lucas, with the additional production support by Kate McDonald, Sayah and Jaden McGee. Special thank you to Michael Davis and Love Beach. Learn more about My Guess. Other TECHILFF is an Innovatives afro tech dot com video version. This episode will drop to Black Tech Green money on YouTube, so tap in. Enjoy your black tech, green money, Share us with somebody, Go get your money. Peace and love,