Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Oh my gosh, you guys, Oh MG, you guys. This episode was a doozy.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: We're all here for another episode of nine O two. I know, MG, thanks for joining us this episode.
Speaker 3: Iff piff you off.
Speaker 1: Piffed me off? If Oh my gosh, there's so much to talk about. We have new characters, we have people changing partners, thus the title of the episode, change partners, Change your partner?
Speaker 2: Do do?
Speaker 1: You weren't even there? And you know?
Speaker 2: How's everybody amazing after this episode?
Speaker 1: Loved it so.
Speaker 3: Great that an episode of nine O two and oh can lift your spirits so much?
Speaker 1: Not you so much? I liked it, You liked it? You like this one good?
Speaker 3: I liked it. It didn't suck me in completely because I was I had so much eye candy going on with new people coming and excitement. It was kind of like I couldn't completely focus.
Speaker 2: I was what about the hair cut and color heard around the world that they didn't even write one line about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, talk to me whose haircut and color? You got a colored? How did I not notice this?
Speaker 2: Donna has a shocking new hairdo. In this hairdo, I don't even know it isn't that shocking as the Yeah it isn't to you because you remember it. But if you were just a regular person watching one week, she was the regular Donna hair. This week it was shorter, color colored.
Speaker 3: It was the progression towards the what is.
Speaker 1: It, bob? Yeah you tip?
Speaker 3: They call it now? Oh that.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what's this topping? So this happened on my own. I did it with like a box color. Yeah, I did, and cut it myself.
Speaker 1: I bet they loved.
Speaker 3: I did not have permission, And I'm not sure how this went down because usually they would freak out. You had to give them a heads up. They would have to get clearance all the way to the top clear Clarence or maybe on a Sunday night, I was like, hey, Dad, by the way I cut my hair, can you let them know that would never happen.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm really disturbed right now that I don't even notice that your hair.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: My note for you was, why is Donna's dressed to sew down on your clothes than your hair? And it looked just like a little darker, like you know, the fluctuation sometimes, But yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, like that much shorter, but six inches off of But that's pretty got six inches. I feel like that's on brander for our friendship. I notice everything and everything you do, and oh, you don't notice me?
Speaker 4: How many inches were off tory?
Speaker 3: Six a lot?
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, I'm sorry, I'm a bad friend. I didn't notice your hair was six inches shorter.
Speaker 3: No, maybe maybe it was four and a half. Yeah, it weren't. It was probably four and a half.
Speaker 2: And it's a completely different color fe.
Speaker 3: It was, And I think I tried to convince them that I just like rinsed it with something and didn't mean to.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what happened when you came on set?
Speaker 3: I don't remember this one because there's many more to come that I didn't tell him about.
Speaker 2: The Other thing is, wouldn't it been easy to just have Kelly say, Donna, your hair, you know what?
Speaker 3: Maybe we noticed it and they didn't notice it as well. Jen could be right. Maybe it's not noticeable and they didn't say anything. Okay, it's noticeable. I don't know what to say. I have no idea of.
Speaker 1: The pictures here, it looks maybe an inch shorter than it was last week. Sorry, guys looking right out of picture?
Speaker 2: Am I crazy? To me?
Speaker 3: I was like, what and now I'm starting to dress like like Brenda like Shannon, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I was like, why she was so different?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm like that you're going to start moving into this direction of dressing in the nineties, like darker and it's later and like kind of casual cool like men's wear.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do it too. I liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I made a note that fashion was changing, but I felt like fashion was changing.
Speaker 4: For all y'all. Did you not feel like y'all were changing?
Speaker 5: Gents on the Cusp, Yeah, yeah, I'm going into the blazer mode, getting real professional.
Speaker 1: Gotta be a politician's dress. Yeah, impress.
Speaker 3: Oh your hair's coming next?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I know we have to do the synopsis, but before that, Jenny, I just have to know, like, what is your reaction?
Speaker 1: My reaction is confused. I don't know. I've got problems with Dylan, the way he's acting like some sort of weird woman hunter, like Lucinda is his prey. It's just creeping me out. Those two. I don't know. It's just I don't I'm like what show am I watching? But I do like Kelly and Brandon together. I didn't realize that I did as much as I do. But they are good together. They seem happy, they seem lighter. I think you said that to or like you notice that right away, And I've definitely picked up on that this week.
Speaker 3: That's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. I don't know what's gonna happen with it. I think it they might get together. You might be on this from my memory banks.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it, but I want to hear all about what you thought of the kiss.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start at the top. This is episode twenty two, Right Change Partners, aired February twenty third, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Brandon Kelly open up to each other on a weekend retreat. Lucinda opens her home to Dylan. Donna and Brenda are on a mission to save a dog. Finally, Steve screws over Andrea and the resident advisor exclamation point.
Speaker 1: Oh that was her. That's one way to get his what he needs out of that room. Go to the top. It was directed by Bethany Rooney, written by Chip.
Speaker 3: Joel Henderson, an Enter, Kathleen robertson his class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see her in the credits?
Speaker 1: I didn't, So when I saw her, I got excited. Oh so happy. She's a little angsty in the beginning, way more angsty, I guess, because she's playing younger right, she's still in high school. She's a little more angsty than I remember her being in like feisty that. But I like it.
Speaker 3: Her character changes a little bit, does it. It's very much like a different character at first than what it morphs into when she becomes a regular in my opinion, And do you.
Speaker 2: Guys know if she knew she would be made a regular or at this point was she just a one off? Does anyone have a memory?
Speaker 3: I remember, but we should ask her when she comes on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was impressionable right from the start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so okay, So right off the bat we see flirtiness between Brandon and Kelly. So, Jenny, were you.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I don't know what that was flirting like, It wasn't like we're friends, and it definitely crossed the line, Like, but I don't I feel like they would have been the same in front of Dylan. So it didn't feel like it was bad.
Speaker 4: No, it's cute. It's cute without seeming inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing about them, they feel pg like, they feel almost like, you know, not not dirty or naughty, like when he's with the other girls.
Speaker 3: But they always did right. There was always that contrast between Kelly and Dylan and Kelly and Brandon. It's like the boy you date versus the boy you marry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're right. Like I feel like your.
Speaker 3: Oats now you're gonna settle down.
Speaker 1: I feel like with Kelly, she like there was such a bond with Dylan because of their history, their past, their upbringing, the skeletons in their closets, you know, and then they kind well, I think I'll just speak for Kelly. She felt like she worked that out, and then Dylan didn't ever really work out his stuff. I think it was just too fresh, too deep whatever with the death of his dad and getting a new sister which we never see. Uh. And I think with Brandon it's more about like feeling good about yourself and feeling like something worthy. So you know, she feels worthy of him and like on the same level as him. So it didn't I like it because it doesn't feel naughty.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it's kind of wholesome, kind of Uh, I don't know if the modern fifties I was supposed to say, yeah, it's so weird. It does feel that what.
Speaker 4: Very cute And they talk.
Speaker 1: To each other like there you know, they talk to each other like friends, like buds and that's cool.
Speaker 2: And is it weird at all that she's going on a weekend retreat with Brandon, who's supposedly best friends with Dylan. I mean that's the like, yeah, that's like i'll beg for later. And then nobody ever talked about like, oh is it okay this time? Can can you borrow the car this time? They're just already in it. I mean, it's a little snaky to kiss your best friend's girlfriend.
Speaker 1: A little a little well geez, I guess that's kind of like what happens on the show, though.
Speaker 4: I guess it happens in life.
Speaker 3: It does, right, Yeah, well, I don't know, some like high school, but like once you get to college, she's like no better, right, really.
Speaker 2: College were they actually would venture to say that happens less in college than high school. I don't think, like when I was in college, I don't I don't know that there was a lot of that. What happens is later when people break up, they then date the friends. I remember my story all the time. People would be like, you can't date him. I dated him and I'm like two years ago. It was dramatic, but it was allowed.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it caused drama.
Speaker 2: Like people would be like, you can't claim him for all of college, but they would try.
Speaker 3: Claim for all of college. Now other people you can't date, Like did they how long did they date him that they could claim him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I remember dramatic things in like the living room of the sorority of girls sort of having arguments because somebody was going to a date party with somebody they dated. It was it was yeah, but I don't know that, Like there's a lot of like bro code.
Speaker 4: I don't know that they would date. They would not do what Brandon just did to Dylan.
Speaker 3: So weird to think that that young men have more of a bro code than girls, actually.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, because girls.
Speaker 3: Will go to like frat parties and stuff and get a little drunken stuff and kiss kiss someone you dated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bros are always.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, no, no, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Kick your ass. That's why if you break the bro code, you can get punched in the face, right, and girls will just be like, I hate you. They just that little Yeah, they just mean to you.
Speaker 4: It's a little weird.
Speaker 2: I guess that Brandon is allegedly dating Lucinda, so he's definitely got a thing with her, right, but he so not only does he like kiss his best friend's girlfriend, but he cheats. I don't know if that's the right word on Lucinda, although so did she Jeez, we'll get to them. Jeez, I am real sick of her.
Speaker 3: Al finally, cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just felt like, straight out of the gate, it felt like Dylan was like hunting her when he comes into the was it the classroom where we see him? Sorry, I watched this episode like last week.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, she's doing her talk on monogamy and serial monogamy. Do you remember that part in like she talks about how there's three relationships or I think Kelly does.
Speaker 1: Oh right, right, and then Dylan overhears it. It's a whole bunch of just talk talk and nothing means anything, and what they're talking about, like, it sounds good what they're talking about, but then they just all go and do the opposite of.
Speaker 4: That's what we started to talk about last week. It feels so intentional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like somebody planned it.
Speaker 2: It's like her beach is on monogamy, and then monogamy's out the window.
Speaker 3: And at first we thought this device was a little like cool, like, oh, they're like seeding it in, but now it's two on the nose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, it just feels weird. But I kind of am like, you know what, go be together. Lucinda and Dylan, who like sexually sexual predators of each other, go ahead, go.
Speaker 2: Although he does lead, so she kisses him. We're going out of order, which I apologize, she kisses him, we don't. He does sort of engage in the kiss, which was then we don't know, Wait.
Speaker 1: Do you have to do? You think they have chemistry?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: I don't think they have chemistry none?
Speaker 1: Right, none?
Speaker 3: Nice not just saying that either.
Speaker 1: No me either. I would call it out. But there's no chemistry there.
Speaker 3: And it's hard not to have chemistry with Luke Perry.
Speaker 2: And Dina Meyer.
Speaker 1: I mean, people just don't have, you know, it's true connect. I guess that's why in Hollywood, you always hear about chemistry reads, like with actors, like before you book a big job, you have to meet your co star so that you can find out if you guys jive, you know, like if you have that electric thing. I used to hate that. I really hate that, Like I would be so offended when I'm like, we need to have you come in and have a chemistry we read with so and so. This was after mind you, This was after like years and years of kissing men men, men, men, men, men, men all the time and then doing movies where I kiss men men, men men, you know, and like I was like, I can have chemistry with a door knob. I don't need to go have a chemistry read with someone like that's my job is to convince people that I'm in a relationship or having something with the guy, the actor, you know, like I can I feel like I could have done that with Screech. You know, it's a good kisser.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about when you would go in for a job or when they would bring guys to chemistry read.
Speaker 1: Either you either?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, see I always liked it, Like on nine one zero, if there was a new boy coming on, they'd be like, we're going to do a chemistry read and I would do a scene and like a kiss with like two.
Speaker 1: Or three guys, Oh my god, and I loved it.
Speaker 2: To either of you remember ever not getting a job after a chemistry read or do you think you had the job and they brought the guys in where the guy wouldn't get the job.
Speaker 1: It was usually kind of formulated that way, Well, yeah.
Speaker 2: You're the names they're not going to get rid of the star of the movie of the week, or you know, whatever you were maybe doing during nine o two an o time they were hiring you because you were Tori Spelling and Jenny gar they bring in the guys.
Speaker 1: I just it's like asking a like if this is a terrible comparison that I'm just pulling out of my head right now, But it's like asking, like a doctor, do you know how to use a scalpel? Like what I am an actress? This is what I do. And I used to be like, it's offensive you want me to see if I can act with something. I just I never understood it.
Speaker 3: But not about you, because that's like saying when you're driving, like I'm a great driver, nothing's gonna happen, but you can't control what the person next to you is going to do. So they couldn't control these boys, right maybe, and you were able to once in a while have that say, because what if you thought one was okay and then you read with him and not good, and like you could say, like you could tell them sorry, that one's not it.
Speaker 1: I had to do a whole movie with a guy that I didn't have no chemistry with, like, and I've had that many times, Like you know, do lovey dovey stuff with guys that I cannot.
Speaker 2: So have you ever rewatched the movie? So you did this movie with this guy that you have no chemistry with? Right, and you know it the whole time? Did you ever watch the movie? And could you tell or did you pull it off?
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell personally. I couldn't tell that really, And I knew that right after that kiss, the makeup lady would come in and I had asked her because he told the story. Oh I think he had like, well, Schmeggi's in his corners of his mouth and I don't want to kiss that. So he would come in with like alcohol and like dab his lips after every kiss.
Speaker 3: That's the worst when they have the smeggies.
Speaker 1: The smeggies?
Speaker 4: Is that common?
Speaker 2: Hope?
Speaker 1: No, God, No, that's not common. That's abnormal.
Speaker 3: I remember doing a chemistry read with a guy for a TV movie and then they were bringing him on the show and Jen had it was to play Jen's love interest. And I'm not gonna say who it is, but I told you. I was like, You're not gonna have any chemistry with this guy.
Speaker 1: Wait was it on our show? No, you're the who was it?
Speaker 2: Some mathematicians gonna figure this out, you guys, this is not gonna be that hard to.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't get the part in my TV movie because I was like, you, guys, I don't think the show. Yes, And I was. You were doing a chemistry read with a couple people, and I were like, what are the you know, we were like, oh, what are the names? Who are they? And I was like, oh, that one No? And after it you were like I thought he was fine, They're gonna go with him, and you ended up being like, I have no chemistry with this guy. I was right, who was it?
Speaker 1: Can you text? Look, I'm putting my ear to the microphone, like that's gonna help would we know the name? She doesn't want to say.
Speaker 2: Oh if you don't cop I see her texting, you only text Jenny. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, I feel like Dylan and Listenda had no chemistry.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to just dislike her because it's the hypocrisy.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's like.
Speaker 1: She's trying getting in there and messing things up.
Speaker 2: Well what a little Okay, I don't know what the word is, but it's definitely a word I can't use on this podcast.
Speaker 4: That she's allegedly your friend. Look at her face and you're.
Speaker 1: I got that text you guys, I know who it is. Sorry I did interrupt you, Amy.
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 2: I right? You're right.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that was rough.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I promise you and you were like, gon, he is just a bad actor?
Speaker 4: Is he just a bad actor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was all not a bad actor, just like I can't just boring and just whoao Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a last from the past. Yeah, how much longer? I was just gonna ask that how many more episodes of she tell us now.
Speaker 2: We actually don't remember.
Speaker 3: Ah, we need to know, so sorry, you.
Speaker 2: Can look that up. She's coming to an end soon. Good but yeah, it's the hypocrisy and she's your friend and you're her student, and she's I also don't like the fact that she's trying to have a business relationship with Dylan, right, so if we take that on face value, yeah, and she's showing him the movie and wants him to fund it, and then she fully makes out with him, and then she's so iwy about it.
Speaker 4: There's nothing like when your partner's are with.
Speaker 1: Like it was just like, oh god, everything she said says this contrived and like sexualized, and I don't care for it. This episode in general, for me, did feel a little dialogue if like, at times it felt like people were really stuck to the script and I wonder if that was a writer choice or a director choice. Do you remember was this Bethany Rooney's No, this was not her first, not our first episode. I wonder if she, you know, liked to make us stick to the script. I don't remember, But there were times where even like the dialogue which between I think Brandon and Brenda, where I was like, this is not how they normally talk.
Speaker 4: Well, also there was a line.
Speaker 3: Like she was a little more stick to the script.
Speaker 2: Oh like you couldn't couldn't go a script because there's a line too, I think where Kelly says, like Dylan comes in and says something about your partner, and then Kelly's like, that's your partner and it's just like, oh god, what like all that is so out of place. It feels weird.
Speaker 3: But you know what she do Jen, which we now know better, Okay, why don't we do it one way their way as written, and then we'll do one take and you can mix it up a little bit. Remember those. But what we didn't know back then, which Jen and I know now is if you give it to them, they can use it.
Speaker 1: They're going to use it.
Speaker 2: Oh I see.
Speaker 3: So now if a director comes in, it is like, let's stick exactly to the script. And we're not happy with the line. We pushed back because if you do it the way exactly they wanted, Yeah, if they have the footage we had no control past then we didn't have editing rights.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: There was a very yucky miscarriage line. Did anyone hear that? I thought that was like, what, No, there's a part where Donna says, I think, yeah, this would have caused Andre to have a miscarriage, and I was just like, I don't remember what it was, but I remember writing it down being.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, wow, I didn't catch that either. I just felt like there was And then there was a little low energy to the vie between the girls in the peach pit, like that scene with all the girls. I just felt like something wasn't right. I don't know, it felt weird.
Speaker 3: Is there something in the air?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: So Brenda opens up to Donna and tells her what she did on the car ride home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was.
Speaker 4: Sort of I mean, they're giving Brenda a little bit.
Speaker 1: To do really that in that scene she said, I told Dylan and I loved him. And literally my memory is so bad, you guys, or I just need to pay better attention. I was like, wait, she told him she loved.
Speaker 2: Him in the in the car ride back from Palm Springs. Remember you guys didn't really watch that scene because you were so bored by it.
Speaker 4: You guys are.
Speaker 2: Remembered this, not boor just like we've seen this over it.
Speaker 1: We're past this in the storylines. Oh my gosh. So she told him she loved him.
Speaker 3: Oh right, and he didn't really respond, right, but now he said.
Speaker 4: We're friends.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we're friends. He didn't like open the door, Yeah happened.
Speaker 1: Well, that was respectable of him.
Speaker 3: Finally did something.
Speaker 4: I just have to say.
Speaker 2: I do feel like they're giving Brenda less and less to do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: This is very I.
Speaker 1: Felt like this episode for her was big because this is the dog. This is Rocky, this rock Mononov, the one and only dog on the show forever. He was the test lap dog and I had forgotten all about him. And you guys find him and help him and save him, and you pull out a ziploc baggy out of your purse and give him some snacks, Like what what was in there? Why do you have a zip blog baggy in your purse?
Speaker 2: Jesus?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: Meat?
Speaker 1: Nail out meat?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: You know, I like my me some you know, between classes. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Dog storyline is is fine, but random.
Speaker 3: It's so random. I remember loving it though, because we got to work with a dog like that was really fun and loved working with Rocky.
Speaker 1: He look like he smelled though he looks thinky. But I thought, oh, this is nice because Brenda first doesn't feel like she's really into the dog and she's like, don't touch it, and that felt very off character for her. And then by the end she wants the dog and she's gonna save it and join the crusade, which makes perfect sense because now you know that's something she's clearly always been passionate about animals and animal rights. I mean, we all have, but she I think that was like the one of the first times she really found her platform to talk about that. Probably the dogs stay.
Speaker 2: Now what happens?
Speaker 3: So where does he stay?
Speaker 4: I thought he's Donna's dog.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, Andrea brings them back because they can't use him anymore because he escaped.
Speaker 1: You have a dog in the beach apartment.
Speaker 3: I think he lives at my parents. Your parents live out.
Speaker 2: Of stave in Texas or something.
Speaker 3: When did that happen?
Speaker 2: That happened a bit ago.
Speaker 1: They left town when you moved into the apartment, remember, yeah, oh right, but they still have their house.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know where the house. What do you mean when did they how they rented out the house because they're moving.
Speaker 3: They come back, So like, wasn't he just there for years?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, we only have Diana Maya for three more episodes, So Okay, three, this is gonna just yeah, it's gonna some things are gonna happen. I got a feeling.
Speaker 2: Can I throw something out to you guys and ask you us a question? Is obviously the action this episode is primarily Brandon Kelly, right, that's our like a and then b I would say, is like Lucinda and Dylan do you think in the writer's room they go like, well, we got to Brunda something to do and then they just like make up this whole dog thing like how does that? How does it?
Speaker 4: Because that is not connected really Usually.
Speaker 1: There's a storyline that's not really connected though, just like a more of a fun, easier one, right, like one that's not so serialized, and so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, typically, but I feel like lately there has not been as many as many. I don't know, I mean, I have a feeling sory you get you get two for the price. There's sort of Steven, there's sort of Steve stuff to the Steve why storyline.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: Wait, yo, Arty Marty, who's this new guy? Clearly he's thirty something and he's in the.
Speaker 2: Frat house Barberella poster is that of God brought over in ninety four from the seventies.
Speaker 4: But we have months.
Speaker 1: We have months, Our little cute months is maturing right before our eyes. He's blossoming into a man.
Speaker 2: Nobody though, would pick a dorm over the fraternity. The fraternity house would be where you can do whatever you want one hundred percent and guys totally figure out like having girls over right, and also in college this is so gross, but like if you have a roommate, like, I don't think these boys care, you like make out in the room and do other stuff with the roommate and their girlfriend in the room.
Speaker 3: Wait, don't you just leave something on the door?
Speaker 4: I mean there is that song, But I'm telling you, I think people just.
Speaker 3: I remember it anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if you had.
Speaker 2: A roommate, right, two dudes in a room, both girlfriends would just sleep over in that room.
Speaker 3: And you just.
Speaker 4: You would pick the dorm.
Speaker 3: And we missed so much not going to college. Look at this and college on TV.
Speaker 2: No ra would come in when there's four boys in a room and be like, stop this ruckus. It's like that wasn't even a rockus.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they need they need it, you they need Who is really going through it to be like, what is that when someone gives advice on the side.
Speaker 1: Like a consultant, a.
Speaker 3: Consultant, a college consultant.
Speaker 1: That's what did you?
Speaker 2: Guys? Like the payoff when Kathy Fisher's in bed with Steve.
Speaker 1: Well, I liked it before that one when Andrea walks in on months and they say her name wrong and she's like, it's Andreae.
Speaker 2: That was actually sort of a funny bit because the girlfriend's like, help her, help her, and she's all do not.
Speaker 1: Her room just turns into like a brothel. Is that what they're called? A whole house? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, best little horhouse in Texas and Burt Reynolds, Oh.
Speaker 1: The best little whorehouse at season was the College California, California, see you.
Speaker 2: That's actually a real school season. I don't know that. I find that all very amusing but totally kind of random too. But I knew. I knew from the minute we met Kathy Fisher she was going to end up with Steve. Good Steve shot with the shirt list with the jeans. Though I give that a ten, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I didn't get like the whole Uh, Kelly and Brandon were going to the to a retreat kind of retreat. I just felt like they were going to the woods to talk, have a few scenes and have a hoe down. Where was the rest of the people. Oh, I guess the Chancellor was there with with Claire, but yeah, it felt very.
Speaker 2: Yeah where was that and what was the point of it other than sort of a revelry, Like I didn't feel like they're having any meetings.
Speaker 1: No nobody learned and anything at that retreat.
Speaker 4: So what did you think?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's really dig in y'all. Both of you tell me everything you're sort of thinking with Kelly and Brandon, because this is like very major.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've kind of said it. Torre said she likes them together. She feels like they are good together. I feel like they're good together. And I was happy to see Brandon dancing and like at a hoe down like he was. I thought Brandon didn't dance, but he did. He did hoe down.
Speaker 2: So when you're watching the scene and they're walking in the forest, whatever that was, I don't know why they had to go eight miles around and the kiss is sort.
Speaker 4: Of about to happen. Did you go?
Speaker 2: I hope they kissed, Like both of you have they kiss.
Speaker 1: I think they have good chemistry those two totally. That's the kind of chemistry you can see.
Speaker 3: They could have led us on a little longer though, with it right, why they kiss already? The anticipation, Yeah, I would have been really excited, like it something gets in the way, it doesn't happen, or something get away, it doesn't happen next week. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They shot their water.
Speaker 2: That's around Yeah, Now do you think that, because you know they sort of do that moment, like when they acknowledged the previous almost kiss and they talked about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you told me I was like your sister or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then he did say something really nice like if you weren't like that, you'd be the girl of my dreams or something like that.
Speaker 1: I can't exactly right, if you weren't my sister's best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were perfect strangers. I'd be in love with you something like that. So we do get a little of that. But I agree, like I could have waited a couple more episodes for the kiss. Yeah, But then would it be tawdry because what's weird is you're making out with Dylan in the end scene.
Speaker 1: On that chair. Hey, First of all, rewind, what does what do you mean? Would it be tawdry? I need to understand this, Grandma, Grandma Amy, So tell us what to me.
Speaker 2: The kiss happened because it was sort of organic. You're at this retreat blah blah blah. So say they don't kiss right, and then next week, I don't know, they sneak off in the back room and almost kiss again. Then they're really cheating on their partners. This was sort of maybe a kiss that was happenstance because.
Speaker 4: You're both I mean, you're back with Dylan.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're like, we're in love, we need to break up with our other people. You're like fully making out with him, So I don't know, it's like a bit more of an affair.
Speaker 1: So it would have been a bad look for them, but it would have been tawdrey.
Speaker 4: We dragged it out.
Speaker 2: It seems ta okay, god a little bit.
Speaker 1: I like it new word for the day.
Speaker 2: I would have been fine with that storyline though. I mean, I'm always good for a tawdry affair, but I don't know, Like.
Speaker 1: They kiss in the woods and then they go back and it's brutal in the beach apartment when Kelly and Dylan are making out in front of Brandon, like why would and it kind of felt was it point It felt oddly pointed from Kelly's what she says and how she's acting, like, look at us, we're making out in front of you. It just felt I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, it has weird weird weird, like extra sort of mean, and also like did that kiss. That kiss means a lot lot, I think, and they're sort of acting like it meant nothing.
Speaker 4: And then they had the kids the kiss.
Speaker 2: So then at the so they're leaving the retreat right and they've kissed the night before, and they kind of acknowledge that, and then they kiss again.
Speaker 4: In public.
Speaker 2: That's sort of it was more of a peck kiss, but it was a kiss. I mean, I'm all for it, but it's just confusing.
Speaker 1: I don't think they should have kissed yet. I'm with you because if this goes where obviously it goes, I don't know how it gets there. But along that journey, I want to be more pulled in by it, not just like now I feel like a little like obviously they've already kissed it. I feel like a little bit of disappointment, like, h I don't know.
Speaker 3: Claire has arrived on the scene, so something's going to get in the way.
Speaker 1: Oh Claire, Claire, Oh, she goes. Oh she likes Brandon right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: You see the boy hungryness right from the start.
Speaker 1: And do they get together Claire and Brandon right away? Not sure? I don't remember.
Speaker 2: We'll find out.
Speaker 1: You know, you're saying, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, but let's bring I do. Let's bring up this. Are you wearing Juicy couture?
Speaker 1: I am well, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was supposed to go.
Speaker 3: Remember I sent you as tractic because I loved it.
Speaker 2: So I went to a nineties party, which I sent you guys a picture from. So my friend was throwing a fiftieth birthday for her husband and it was a nineties theme and there was the like let Donna graduate, Donna Martin graduates sign and I had to dress nineties, which I thought juicy was nineties. I didn't end up wearing this, but I think nineties was too Juicy was two thousand. I think I messed up.
Speaker 1: You might be right, Yeah, I just feel like we wore juicy in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Was it out yet.
Speaker 1: I don't yet.
Speaker 2: Maybe the end of the nineties, maybe later, and yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, they still make juicy.
Speaker 1: So that was so controversial. It was so controversial to have the word juicy written on your ass. I remember I was like, I don't know if that's a good idea. Of course you were, and I was talking to myself like I didn't have children then. Can you imagine now I'd be like, oh, no, you can't wear something that says juicy on your butt.
Speaker 2: The thing I do have a flag on the play about the juicy is it's all cropped now, and it's like I liked it when it's a little bit longer. This is so cropped. But whatever, I just woke up. So question about Lucinda though, for both of you, but especially Jenny, since you were sort of like thinking Dylan was kind of hungry for her. He blows her off and then he calls her out like I think he has figured her out.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that line, like he's at the peak.
Speaker 1: Where the hit and the peach pit where she's shouting for everyone to hear we had.
Speaker 2: Sex, but I think they didn't. I think he bails her. Yeah, he bails her. Yeah, he ran out. She says it's something, And then I think, I wrote, I think he's right about Lucinda, Like he knows she's bad news bears that she pretends to be one thing and then just wants to like sleep with everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think, yeah, he might be.
Speaker 1: Like he should know, he should He's he's very savvy in that way. I mean, well, not really because he just got duped by the.
Speaker 2: His sister or yeah, that's gonna get worse. That gets worse still, so.
Speaker 1: He's pretty gullible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's high.
Speaker 2: I think he's gullible with the sister because he wants so badly to have the family with Lucinda. He has got her figured out, and he's like, she is such a hypocrite it kind of bugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like no offense, but she feels like you know, when you're like outside and there's a b and it just keeps coming at you and it's gonna sting you. That's what she reminds me of.
Speaker 2: There there was a weird moment for me and no one send me hate mail. When the Lucinda Dylan scene where you do realize Luke Perry is.
Speaker 4: Older because he's I don't know, I just noticed in that scene.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, because you know he was older, you sort of go, oh, they are contemporaries, like they she doesn't so much older.
Speaker 4: Than him when they're in the scene together.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: You kind of see a little Melrose place to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like twee yeah yeah, but uh anyways.
Speaker 1: As kind of a d when he's jealous, like the scenes were before, when yeah, I just felt like, oh, this is a side of Brandon that's not so good. Well it's not a goodness thank goodness, I know, but we want something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not perfect, So.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about dumb?
Speaker 2: Josh? That guy's real dumb.
Speaker 4: He's so like because I didn't like you, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I like him, Like there's something about him. I like him.
Speaker 3: I mean, you liked him last week.
Speaker 1: He feels like he should be in like what was that show with Kevin Spacey where he was the president?
Speaker 4: Oh oh god, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: He should be on that show or like we're good political drama.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like he doesn't work.
Speaker 2: For the Condor. Oh yeah, yeah, worked for the Condor. He works for like Inside edition. He's so like, I'm gonna get you. Yeah, bugs me. But the funniest thing, did you guys notice? Okay, so they walk into their cottages or whatever. First of all, it's weird that everyone's in college and they can't just like stay with their girlfriend. But whatever, and Brandon realizes Josh is the roommate. And then did you guys see Brandon throw his Duffel bag? Like he literally hucks his Duffel bag into the room, like zero people have ever done that.
Speaker 1: When he is with around Josh, he gets real feisty. He like wants to show him how bad he is.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I didn't see him throw the bag.
Speaker 2: That's oh god, rewatch it because he really like hurls his suitcase. I'm like, what are.
Speaker 4: No private life.
Speaker 2: For a public figure? Like it's just so like these this is a college like panel.
Speaker 1: He's serious, He's gonna bring Brandon down.
Speaker 3: But he is right? Is he gonna bring him down?
Speaker 1: But I don't know. But Kelly really pushed you what you said earlier. Kelly really nails him with the you want something, you want something piffy piff off line. Oh my god, wow, piff off so bad.
Speaker 3: It was so random that it was good. It was so bad, it was very bad that it was good.
Speaker 1: I guess, I don't know. I cringed.
Speaker 2: I still am also going to say that Shannon's hair could not be more amazing and the braids when she had the long raids, I'm like, they're giving her nothing to do, but they're making her look amazing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, so she asked for all that when you I feel like maybe at this point in the show it had become frustrating, maybe like the chemistry on set was getting a little tense, perhaps, and what do you do when kids aren't playing well together in the sandbox? Right?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: So because she does have most of her scenes with Tori.
Speaker 1: And a dog, and like what do you probably would come to her and say, well, what do you want to do? Like who do you want to work with? And what's interesting? What storylines interest you. I can imagine that happening and maybe just pulling, you know, the animal thing from her personal life because she loves animals, or working with Tori because that felt secure and safe to her. I wonder if.
Speaker 2: I'm like she was able to like, I know there was no social media then, but like things would get in the press, Like, do you think it was in the press at this time, like trouble on nine O two one zero set type of stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's look it up.
Speaker 1: I think I think there was stuff like stories about things that had gone on outside of.
Speaker 3: Well. Our director Michael Lang he said when he did this first episode this season that there was something on the news. People said, you'll start to hear stuff about them on the news every day now, and he said, indeed, you would hear something about the past every day. It had gotten that big.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, you don't, like a star of a show doesn't just get fired in one day, right, So it's like, we know she's not coming back in season five. We know that now. Obviously then fans didn't know, but that I don't remember at the time. I mean, I guess I do a little bit. But that must have been huge, like biggest show on television and suddenly the star isn't coming back and basically does sort of get replaced or they attempt to. Like I wonder when fans started to.
Speaker 3: Know, but they didn't know yet.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I digress. Definitely, I do I feel like not knowing this, she is getting less to do. She is not the the a storyline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just it feels it feels a little disconnected. Yeah, which is weird. Anyway. Anyhow, there's some really funny lines in this episode, though. My favorite line was when Cindy just randomly asks do you want some orange juice?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: In the foyer there's they're not having. It was weird.
Speaker 2: I love that Donna asked Cindy about the dog, like missus Walsh, can you come look at this, which I sort of tracked like, okay, missus Walsh will be the expert because she's.
Speaker 4: They kind of analyzed the dog.
Speaker 2: Would you like some orange juice?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Not even like would you like some coffee? Y?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: They're youngsters, you can't offer them coffee.
Speaker 2: I actually love the good call.
Speaker 1: And your suspenders were super cute. I loved those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean even though I like that man clothing look on you, I think it's cute. I looked. I do miss the colors and like the fun of Donna's normal look, but I feel a cuten it.
Speaker 2: Did David have anything in this episode? I feel like he was like maybe like yeah, like half a scene. So here's where you guys are going to shatter my dreams. When Dylan goes over to Looscinda's and they're like, she's bringing out the food and gets her candles out and they're sitting on the couch and there's a window behind them.
Speaker 4: That looked real to me.
Speaker 2: It looked like they were in a real house with a real exterior out the window.
Speaker 4: Is that just absolutely no chance?
Speaker 1: No chance?
Speaker 2: It's so I mean crazy to me.
Speaker 1: So they did a good job of lighting it and putting want to make trees out there to make it look for real.
Speaker 2: I mean I was like, there, I think they're in a real house. I think they must. So then did you see her a part when she's like earth, water, animals, universe, which is man the then this is the sunlight, Like she's just what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot I've encountered a lot of people like that before. And they're just so off putting well, and he's like.
Speaker 2: I have a girlfriend, and then she's still so like I'm just like, like you, sex doesn't get safer than when they're out of town.
Speaker 4: Like she is not.
Speaker 1: Disgusting cool, she's not good, she's not a good egg. Oh, only three more episodes Damian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's very few characters I just do not care for.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like we've covered everything there was a cover on. This episode is action packed and I can't wait to see what happens with Claire. She's she comes into the scene. I don't know how she gets to moveing into the beach, into the beach apartment. But does that happen quick?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, it takes a while. Okay, what what do you guys want to.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get my board.
Speaker 1: Okay, get your board. Oh you know what I did want to tell you, Amy, I have in this episode, Kelly wore It started the whole motorcycle boot look with dresses, which is still dam by the way.
Speaker 4: I said, the fashion is getting very it's change And.
Speaker 1: Okay, so those motorcycle boots and then I also wore the brown cowboy boots at the hoe down. I have both those pairs of boots in my closet, stop right, stop it, and I wear them all the time.
Speaker 3: Wait, the actual one.
Speaker 1: Actual Kelly boots that I've wore. Yeah, oh my god, I was very excited. You just have a photo, I will.
Speaker 4: You somehow got those.
Speaker 3: I'm so bummed. I don't know how scared to ever get.
Speaker 1: I feel like I just wore them home and was like, oh, I don't know where they went.
Speaker 2: So you've had them for thirty years and you wear them and I wear them, And have they ever.
Speaker 4: Had to go to like the shoe repair guide.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so careful with them.
Speaker 4: You wore them to nineties con.
Speaker 1: I wore the motorcycle boots tonight, the cowboy boots two days ago to my daughter's cheerleading banquet.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yep, shoes would be a good thing because they actually do last.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Randy wants you to go get them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't. It's so hard. Maybe I just at least take a picture of them for I know exactly where they are.
Speaker 4: We need that for them for the gram. Okay, oh Brandy, he's bossing.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's score it ready, SETTI big scores, people, we gotta eat. We got an eight, We got a nine and a half.
Speaker 4: Obviously I gave the nine and a half. But Jane Tory, so you guys liked this. We gave it a high score.
Speaker 1: That's very unusual. I think it For me, it was the hoedown and the dog kiss.
Speaker 4: What the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry? And the kiss is the kiss? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I think that they're adorable together and I look forward to seeing what happens.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, this is the beginning of the beginning.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'll go get the boots.
Speaker 2: Random. Think you so rad? Toy? Do you have anything.
Speaker 1: To add to this?
Speaker 2: No? Your closet?
Speaker 4: Did you get anything?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I was too scared because I was like, you know, Boss's daughter, Like, I don't want to, So I ended up with nothing. I have like a couple things that Darren Martin, oh god for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's funny because at the time.
Speaker 2: You don't know about it.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have. I got nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the time, you don't think.
Speaker 3: I have the lip dress that a fan game ship purchase.
Speaker 2: That's rad, but like a fan had to give it to you, didn't You could have just taken You should have.
Speaker 4: Taken stuff every year. Did you get them? Did you get them?
Speaker 1: Let's see, I know it's just around the corner. I have them on my feet. Okay, ready, yeah, here is the motorcycle boot. Yeah yeah, hold on.
Speaker 2: Hold. First of all, I love them so much, they're just as cool today.
Speaker 4: They're just as cool today.
Speaker 2: You can then constantly yes, oh my god, who makes those boots? Do you know?
Speaker 4: They obviously are good boots. If they've lasted thirty years, that's.
Speaker 1: So comfortable and broken in.
Speaker 3: Now do you have the Red ones too?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I don't have Red one, Like who made it?
Speaker 3: I had Red Ones?
Speaker 1: No Kona boots.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's amazing. So I wonder how you got them out? Maybe just warm home one night.
Speaker 1: When these are so old. These are so old they don't even have a label.
Speaker 2: Well, they're like literally thirty years old, twenty nine years old.
Speaker 1: My faves, they're my faves.
Speaker 2: Your foot has not grown in twenty nine Oh thank god.
Speaker 4: That's amazing episode.
Speaker 1: Do you guys? We have another one next?
Speaker 2: That's amazing where I were go glossing on. But the boots, the fact that you thought to get them, and that you still have them and wear them, that is iconic, And.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's the only thing I got iconic. Maybe I'll wear them to the next nineties gone too.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't take them on trips, though, what if you accidentally forgot them?
Speaker 3: You should ensure them seriously, Yes, you do, because.
Speaker 2: Now that you've put it out there, someone's coming for Yeah, there were something, for sure, I'm a frame them Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Jordan's went for like three mil or something.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure those are a little more valuable. You never know, all right. Next episode, episode twenty three of season four. A pig is a boy is a dog?
Speaker 3: Pretty on point?
Speaker 1: A pig is a boy? Is it dog? I don't get it. That's like one of those sat questions. A pig as a boy, as a boy is as a dog?
Speaker 2: This season is thriving, it is yeah good, Yeah, this might be one of the best.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, Torri, you were right, Torri when you said college is the best, and then you were like, was it wrong?
Speaker 1: No, you were right because.
Speaker 3: I always second kressed myself. But yeah, let's getting there.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody have a great week. I love you, Love you.