Speaker 1: We're supposed to be a team up that bitch. Not one person, not one person comes to my defense at all, Like when I'm like, not one mother ever with this online shit, Like why should we have to keep playing it?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Listen, I know one thing, Angelie. You ain't that mother crazy, not not as crazy as it is try to make out to be. Nas the reason that lady wanted to lead that show. I don't know how she did that shit for thirteen years. I'm telling you, I don't give up. Y'all already know what's up with me. I feel played with. I'm gonna play with it like that's just like, come on, I've been quiet a lot. If Jesselaris is quiet, it's.
Speaker 3: A mother reason.
Speaker 1: I always got my mother's mouth open all the time. How about y'all clear some of this shit up for y'all teammates.
Speaker 3: This shit has ran like a high school. Yeah, yeah, it's run like a high school.
Speaker 1: It is Fair east Side High, Fair east Side High before mister Club though, like when he first got there.
Speaker 3: M y'all want a bitch to keep our cool. Look check this out, y'all. Look man, I.
Speaker 1: Get up every day every day, and they always think, well, you ain't at work.
Speaker 3: You ain't at work, Yeah, bitch.
Speaker 1: I started picking up more shows. Hell no, that's how I'm getting No, hell no, I have more fun outside the studio than I have in there. Now, is you crazy?
Speaker 3: Good lord?
Speaker 4: What you just saw was a post from Jess Hilarious yesterday Jess Hilarious of The Breakfast Club, who responded to chatter from critics about her role on the show. The crunch of the issue emanated from comedian Corey Holcom, who said her feeling Lauren L. Rosa was a better talent than Jess herself. That promoted the post yesterday for Jess Hilarious. Well, today the team got together discussed the matter live on the show. Okay, look, I saw a response. We didn't get permission from the Breakfast Club to air it, but I sawt of back and forth, the back and forth, and you know, Jess definitely was making her feelings known. Had a pleasure meeting Jess before. She's been a guest on this show in studio, and we really enjoyed it. She was fun, smart the whole bit, and we wish her nothing but the best.
Speaker 3: Charlemagne and I are pretty cool. I talked to him periodically.
Speaker 4: The brothers done a phenomenal job with his career, his life and what he's done with the Breakfast Club and beyond. And he's a voice that we hear a lot, particularly in the African American community, and quite frankly, we should because he's an independent thinker and I'm all for that. I go way back with DJMVY, got mad love for him, always have, always will.
Speaker 3: And I really really appreciated.
Speaker 4: What he said to Jess when they were on a breakfast club this morning, when he was talking about, Hey, you come to us, you know we could have this conversation rather than you. He used the word corny that she would go on social media to express herself about the show her teammates DJMV and charlamagnea God evidently the way that she did, and he somewhat called her out on it, and she was alluding to the perceptions that have been put out there or are not alluding to it, but flat out stating it and how she felt about it. But he made a point, just respectfully that needed to be made that ain't necessarily how you handle it. Critics are gonna be critics. Hell, I'm a critic. I get paid to be a critic. It just so happens that I'm an informed one because I've been a journalist for decades and most of the things that I critique involve a sport that I cover, although not always. I wanted to take this moment to say this to just hilarious. I thought DJ mvy was right with the point that he pointed out about how it should have been handled. But I want to say the bigger point that he was making is he didn't give a damn about what people got to say about him on social media. That's what I want to talk to you about, Jess.
Speaker 3: You are talent.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter whether somebody is better or worse. The point is is that you're in the game. You're in a seat that most people ain't in, and if it ain't the breakfast club, because of your time on the breakfast club, you're gonna be in another seat, and another seat, and another seat. Because these opportunities don't come everybody's way. There's a select few that are fortunate and lucky and blessed enough.
Speaker 3: To achieve what you've achieved.
Speaker 4: To react the way that you did provides fodder for those whose sole purpose is to knock you off a pedestal you are clearly on and they are not. I'm not talking about Corey, I'm not talking about anyone specific.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about.
Speaker 2: In general, when cats come at you, no matter who they are, because of a platform that you are under.
Speaker 3: First of all, they're entitled to their opinion.
Speaker 4: You could have the largest ratings in the world, still not the case that every single body is watching you and every single person is a fan. I've had the number one sports warning show in America for thirteen straight years. Everybody don't like it. Everybody's not watching it. I get critics every day, Soda Charlemagne, so does DJNV, so does everybody. Everybody got critics. You know why, because everybody got a voice. And some people are legitimate critics. Other people try to legitimize themselves simply by getting clicks. And if that click, if those clicks come courtesy of throwing you down the river, they will not hesitate. And when I saw you say what you said and exhale and get this stuff off your chest the way that you did, all I could find myself thinking was, Damn, she's playing right into their hands. And that's not to say that all of us haven't been guilty of that at some point in time or another. I have, so is Charlemagne, so is DJMV. Nobody's perfect. But you got to remember that cats are coming to take you down. They want to hurt you. They don't like the perk that you sit in, the perch that you're sitting on. They don't like the success that you enjoying.
Speaker 3: They don't like it.
Speaker 4: Some love it, some don't. But when it comes to your teammates, and this is the hardest part. When it comes to your teammates, I believe Charlemagne and DJMV are rooting for you. Your success is the success everybody benefits from it. But even in the event, let's just say for the sake of argument that that wasn't case, you still need to support each other as teammates.
Speaker 3: Publicly.
Speaker 4: It ain't over till it's over. Too young to notice in all likelihood, but Red Holtzman, former head coach for the New York Knicks coach when they won the championship in nineteen seventy three, used to come up with this line. There your teammates until they not. They're your problem until they not. While you're on the same squad you ride together, come Hella high Water. There are rare, rare, rare exceptions to that rule, because even when the rule is legitimately broken, you still end up looking bad if you go at your teammates while they're your teammates.
Speaker 3: So that's just the little advice.
Speaker 4: And the reason I'm giving it is because I'm a fan of Jesse Larius. I think she's town, I think she's authentic, I think she's real with what she feels.
Speaker 3: And I applat that.
Speaker 4: It's just that every truth ain't meant to be told at the time it's being told. Sometimes it's a different time that's better than the time you chose. You just got to remember that, because here's the truth that nobody echoed to you.
Speaker 3: From the segment that I was watching.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just dj Envy speaking in terms of saying they could have been handled better.
Speaker 3: Its bosses everywhere that will have.
Speaker 4: A hold of that clip and could potentially say, is this house she'll talk about us? If we make her unhappy, will she go public and do that? Sometimes it's disciplining yourself enough to swallow like you said you would swallow, you keep your mouth shut like you said.
Speaker 3: You did you was quiet and quiet and quiet.
Speaker 4: Because until you couldn't take anymore. Explode in private next time. See where that gets you. Not saying that you did or didn't it, cause I don't know, but I suspect you did it.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about speaking private.
Speaker 4: I said, explode in private, exhale, let it all out. Then make sure you exhaust every means a measure before you do what you did publicly. That's the only advice I have cause I want you to succeed. That's the only reason I'm giving it. It's the only reason I'm giving it. I wish you nothing but the best with to Breakfast Club, nothing but the best. It's a fantastic show. It's doing us all the justice with the work that they do. I'm a fan of the show. I've been a guest on the show before. Number of love for all of y'all. I hope everybody moves past us and better times are ahead.