Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show Wednesday February twenty sixth I'm Shanning, the Dude and low Will being joined by Billy Reledge over in Lexington and you can give us a call on the Clark's Pupping Shop phone line at eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven be our whiskey Thief call of the day. The text line is five two two sixty five six six five six KSR Pre Show being brought to you by Italics find Italian Dining in Lexington and Billy, I gotta tell you, I tried to open up that jar of pickles last night.
Speaker 1: Still wasn't budging.
Speaker 2: So now I'm thinking I'm either going to bring it Friday to the remote and have you guys try to open it, or I thought, what would be even better, just take it to OVW Thursday night and see if any of these guys can open up this impossible jar of pickles. I tried all I tried. What was it DeBie that called in? I tried her method didn't work. I tried to tap on it with a knife, didn't work. Try to tap the bottom of the jar didn't work. I'm telling you it's the impossible jar pickle.
Speaker 3: So you went home. So you went home and took the advice of Debbie and some of our callers and still weren't able to get it open. Shannon, I think you need to get one of those gripper things that you can kind of grip the top with it. But I love the bit of ovw of all those strong men not being able to get a jar open. I think you got some gold there. Yeah, but I also want to embarrass you in front of hundreds of people at a remote on Friday. So you know, I don't know either or would work, but you know, regardless, it doesn't sound like you're having pickles for dinner tonight.
Speaker 1: Well that'd be okay. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If I take it Thursday and none of those big, strong, muscle bound guys can open up the jar, and then we bring it Friday and one of you guys opens it, I won't be embarrassed by that because I'm I could say, hey, this four hundred pound guy couln't open it up. But you know, maybe Ryan kN Ryan's got that old man's strength.
Speaker 1: Maybe he'd be the.
Speaker 3: Guy to do. If that happens, your whole industry should be embarrassed if Billy r Sports were to open up.
Speaker 1: No, it's not going to be you that at all.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 2: I mean, you'd be the last one I would pick Mario to be able to open up this jar before I would give it to you.
Speaker 3: Byeps are gonna burst out.
Speaker 2: I mean, my guy over here, he sits in the signer for ten minutes a day and all of a sudden he thinks he's Hault Cogan.
Speaker 3: Listen, it's Billy Richmond today, Shannon, not Billy Rutlish. Billy Richmond. Did you happen to see awful announcing with their hundreds of thousands of followers share a photo with my name as Billy Richmond yesterday?
Speaker 1: No? Why did they share your name?
Speaker 3: Well, they were linking an article to Kentucky Sports Radio and Matt Jones signing on for another five years. By the way, congrats to Matt. That's great news for all of us involved. But the screenshot they used had me, Ryan and Matt and the title undermine my picture was Billy Richmond. So, Shannon, that's what we're gonna go with today, Billy Richmond.
Speaker 2: I like how they use a picture again, who chooses how they you know what pictures they use for these things.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Like Drew wasn't even on there. I'm not on there's no big news.
Speaker 3: And they post a picture of me in the slicked back hair. They just happen to get the.
Speaker 1: New Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well they thought, Billy are they thought, Okay, ar Cots stand for a lot of things.
Speaker 1: We'll just say Richmond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I've been bawling down in Fayetteville as well. But you know what, uh, you know, we'll take our little our little wins here.
Speaker 2: Well, you're ready for five more years. By the way, that's five more years for Matt. It doesn't guarantee five more years for any of us, I want to. I pointed that out yesterday. That is a key component. Nobody's like, hey, congratulations, man, I'm like, okay, well, yeah, I mean I guess for us maybe we'll see, uh but yeah, five more years for KSR and Matt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully we're maybe still around in five years. Who knows what the future holds. But you know, Shannon, I guess how long has it been for you? Man, I mean has it been uh what I mean? I guess five years will take us to the twenty year anniversary. They just head to fifteen year anniversary. So I mean you've been working with Matt for over a decade at this point.
Speaker 2: Actually, I've been on the air with Matt longer than anybody, longer than Ryan Andrew. I started in March of twenty eleven, so this is year. Next month fourteen next month will be fourteen years of me on KSR. Twenty one years in radio, which makes me sound like a dinosaur at this point, but yeah, who you are now?
Speaker 3: You know you can't open pickle jars at home, so I mean times taking its toll.
Speaker 2: I guess that means if you've got five more years of KSR, five more years for the pre show. Huh Hey, let's go ring this bell over that, which, by the way, you know, we don't really talk ratings on the KSR pre show, but I do want to point out, you know, you sent this to me a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: We didn't even mention it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not going to go into like the specifics, but how about like the improvement that we've showed. Yeah, man, for men twenty five to fifty four, we went up four hundred percent, four hundred percent. How about people twenty five to fifty four, we went up three hundred percent. And here's the kicker, people eighteen to twenty nine. Yeah, plus four hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: You know, you guys call me an old boomer, but this old boomer is doing pretty well with young people eighteen to twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I'll.
Speaker 3: Brings in the younger I mean you, you probably bring in the boomer audience, i'd say, but well.
Speaker 1: We need both of those though.
Speaker 3: We do, and we need everybody, and those numbers are awesome. So a big thank you to everybody that's been listening. I'm glad we didn't get those ratings numbers, I guess two years ago shating because it sounds like nobody was listening. But now every sounds like a lot of people are listening. And I believe we're the uh number one or two show in the time slot in the city of Lexington, Kentucky. So oh really, okay, Yeah, well we'll catch your rock station one of these days, dude. But a big thank you to everybody that does listen each and every morning.
Speaker 2: It's because we talk about such, you know, hard hitting topics like why unsweetened tea is the worst thing on Oh, which I'm drinking you you're drinking it right now, Billy, because right before the show I go, you know, I need a little something to wet my whistle before we go on the air. I was going into the refrigerator to pull out a bottle of water and the only thing that was sitting there looking at me was an unsweet tea.
Speaker 1: Uh, what is this real brewed tea? Unsweetened?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to choke it down right now, so it's it's it's not good. It's about as good as that.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 1: Starlight, pepsi or color or whatever we tried?
Speaker 3: Still my Twilight Twilight still still my favorite coke of all time, the Twilight coke that we tried. Now, you shamed me for drinking unsweet tea that one day. Remember we were at Lee's famous recipe. I believe shamed. I mean you and everybody in the audience thought I was an alien for liking on you are.
Speaker 1: Unsweet tea is garbage.
Speaker 3: And people still come up to me today and they whisper at remote like I like unsweet tea. Don't speak with your.
Speaker 1: Chest, say it out like, say it with your championship chest.
Speaker 3: Exactly. I need supporters, but no, just shame the man that likes unsweet tea.
Speaker 2: That's how I knew you weren't a true Kentucky. And when you said I like un sweet tea, it's like, yeah, oh stop, yeah, you Floridian, you transplant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep drinking that mountain dew.
Speaker 2: I don't drink mountain dew like only coke I will drink orlean soda. I guess we call it all coke and Kentucky. That's another thing. When you're in this region, everything's a coke.
Speaker 1: You know. You go up to Cincinnati, it's pop.
Speaker 3: Pop uh you goda coke.
Speaker 2: But the only thing I'll drink is like occasionally a doctor pepper and occasionally like a vanilla coke. That's ooh, the vanilla coke Mella coc is good. Like they got it right, you know. Like all these gimmicky type of like you want to call them sodas or cokes, most of them flat out suck. Vanilla coke is where it's at, Like that's that's actually one that actually stocks.
Speaker 3: No, I can get behind a little vanilla coke. That's uh. Do you know Coke I believe is the number one selling beverage in every country in the world.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think I saw that.
Speaker 1: Well, it certainly isn't unsweet tea.
Speaker 3: I can promise you well, I mean would you would you get behind it like a cherry?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I could do that. I could do that. But not diet coke. No, absolutely not Coke zero either.
Speaker 3: We reserved for the likes off you know, Donald Trump and Matt Jones.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You know, Kentucky basketball is sort of like on sweet Tea without Butler and Robinson increasing But now we're putting the sugar back in baby, because it looks like it looks like we're gonna get Robinson and we're gonna get Butler. They have been listed as probable for tonight's game, which I believe Billy is seventy five percent chance they're going to play. So if you tell me there's a seventy five percent chance, I like what I'm hearing. But you know, they've gone what two weeks without him, Kentucky's gone one and two without Robinson and Butler in the lineup tonight. Do we get them back? And if so, you gotta feel good about our chances of winning on the road in Norman, Oklahoma, Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, I mean when you get the heart and soul of your team back, as Mark Pope is called, Lamont Butler and another guy who may be considered one of your best prospects for the next NBA draft, and in Jackson rob you've got to be excited. And getting those guys back together at the same time is also a bit of a surprise for me, Shannon. I think we had heard some scuttle but that maybe Lamont Butler would be ready sooner rather than later. But to also hear that Jackson Robinson's probable is very encouraging. That not only means that they're at a point where you know, hopefully they're not going to reinjure themselves so if they go back into the game, but it will allow them some time before the SEC tournament and the NCAA tournament to kind of get back into game speed. And I actually like that compared to the un verse of maybe just hold them until postseason play, because then maybe you get a little Rusty Shannon. So this is great news. You know, I was confident in the Cats even without those two guys. I think that, you know, they're playing much better defense, and guys like Andrew Carr are really stepping up. But now that I hear that both of these guys are going to be back, I mean, makes it even more likely that the Cats can get a big win on the road tonight.
Speaker 2: We just ease them back in. I think, right, you don't give them too many minutes. There's no reason to. And we know that Pope is all about maximizing efficiency. He talked about why he was only playing Amar for a certain amount of minutes. It's because that's where he found out, according to his analytics, that Amari is the most productive. After that, he kind of goes on on the downslope. And because of that, he's not getting forty minutes like some of us I think want them to get or at least you know, thirty seven, thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Well, and another thing that think about Mari, not only the fact that he's seven foot tall and he's a lot of man that you got to move around, but in Mark Pope's system, the bigs move more than bigs and other systems, right. I mean, they're they're expected to head up a lot of the offense. I Mari's got the ball at the top of the key a lot of times, so that's gonna also make the minutes that he plays a little bit more strenuous. But yeah, you know, Shanna, I just love seeing Amar on the court. That's why I hate it when he goes off. Right, Brandon Garrison isn't a guy that's got to step up and play better ball when Amari's out. But if that is the number, then you know, I'm fine with Ryan with the analytics, Shannon, that's the theme of the season, right, and that's what Mark Pope is going to bring to this team this year.
Speaker 2: So Oklahoma's one in five in their last six games, although they did just beat Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: But Billy, if you don't want to play on.
Speaker 2: Wednesday of the SEC Tournament, you have to win this game tonight.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we hit on.
Speaker 2: This a little bit yesterday on KSR, the SEC apparently is still going to just have general admission on Wednesday of the SEC Tournament for the first first day.
Speaker 1: I think that's a.
Speaker 2: Huge mistake, especially if Kentucky's playing on day one. Can you imagine, you know, you pay for you know, really good seats at Bridgetone Arena and you go in there there's somebody sitting there just because you didn't get.
Speaker 1: There early enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, how can they even do this? I mean, I wouldn't even think that would be allowed. I know, last year, you know, with only two games, you know, nobody really showed up. That's kind of why they allowed just anybody to come in. I'm not sure if they're allowing just everybody to come in this year or if it's just general admission. From what I found in my research, it said general admit. It didn't say open to the public. Well it was last year.
Speaker 3: It better be general admission because I've if I spent money for you know, good seats down low and you're telling me the guy that bought the cheap seats is going to be able to take that seat because it's general admission night at the SEC Tournament, that would be a joke and that'd be a real issue. So, you know, this is interesting because this is a much different format than it was last year. Right, You've got two more teams, You've got eight teams playing on Wednesday, So it's not like these are the stragglers of the SEC. You guys come in and take in some basketball. No, there's gonna be a lot of good teams playing. So that might be a very very interesting day at the SEC tournament. You know, is it a big problem? I don't know, Shannon. If I had the fiance with me, she'd just tell them to get up and move.
Speaker 1: Of course you would, yeah, like she did at the theater.
Speaker 3: But I you know, they'd probably be inclined to say no, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if it's general admission, I mean tough that. I don't I don't make the rules. You know.
Speaker 2: I've got my general admission ticket here and now I'm in the front robic as you decided to show up five minutes into the game.
Speaker 3: But my my ticket says the actual seat that you're in, you're gonna You're still gonna sit in my seat.
Speaker 2: So I don't understand how that works though, if you have, like let's say you have a ticket that says, you know, Row two, seats A and B, or Row A seats one and two. I had it backwards, but then they are also selling general admission tickets on top of that, like, I don't know why they would sell general admission and assigned seats at the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the same same what it must be assigned seat tickets that you're buying, but that night is just general admission, right, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Would think that maybe there's a general admission section, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm thinking, like.
Speaker 2: It's got to be like lower bowl assigned seats, upper area general admission.
Speaker 1: That would make more sense.
Speaker 3: It would, But I you know, I don't know. Because I heard that you guys talking about it on KSR yesterday. I had the same reaction, like, what are you are you serious? This this is high level basketball, you're gonna do general admissions?
Speaker 2: We last year it was it was more than general emission. It was anybody who wants to come in. The doors are open, just go in, don't even have to have a ticket. That's how it was last year. And you know, because usually the Wednesday night game in the SEC tournament's a big.
Speaker 3: Joke, right right, That's it's just usually you got you know, you got.
Speaker 2: The bottom four, and usually those fan bases don't really travel to Nashville, and what you end up having is an empty Arena.
Speaker 1: But if Kentucky's.
Speaker 2: Playing at noon as a nine seed on Wednesday, that place is going to be absolutely packed.
Speaker 3: Well as credentialed media, I'm expecting you to report on the situation.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I don't worry, you know, get more facts, keep.
Speaker 3: Us updated throughout that entire week. Yeah, but you're right, this would go a long way winning tonight to avoid playing on Wednesday. And I think that's the goal, right, I mean that that is the goal at this point. It is going to be a gauntlet coming up in March and hopefully early April, and as much rest as possible the cold Kentucky he's gonna need, but starts tonight big. Hopefully they can get a win on the roam.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Oklahoma is on the bubble too, by the way that they are. They are fighting for their their tournament chances.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: They've got let's see, Lenard's got them as last four INDs, last four in so their their margin of errors is razor thin.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been an interesting season. I mean they started thirteen and oh and then they've just kind of fallen apart of it as they've gotten into the SEC play and they've beaten teams like South Carolina and Arkansas, but before their win versus Mississippi State in their last game. I mean, it was a tough road for them, so this would definitely go a long way to helping their chances.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna take a break, go try to find some sugar for this unsweeteness.
Speaker 3: So just drink it as it is. Maybe mixing a little lemonade.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's disgusting. It's like drinking coffee black. We've talked about that, like, how do people drink just black coffee?
Speaker 3: Can't tell it. I meet more and more people every day that drink black coffee, Shannon, I guess there's some actual health benefits to drinking the coffee black instead of the the.
Speaker 2: What you mean, as soon as I pouring all the sugar and the remember, I'll lose the health benefits.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're trying to tell me right now? I don't believe you. It is eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Take your phone calls. It is the KSR pre Show. It is the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: Shannon.
Speaker 2: The dude Billy religis this is a mud Vein going to be playing it Louder than Life. The lineup is coming out today, Billy today. Are you ready to go party for four straight days in Loisoll for Louder than Life?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's more like eight for you.
Speaker 1: Well that's Bourbon and Beyond with it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you more of a Bourbon and Beyond guy? You know, bring out the lawn chair and sit down. Are you more of like I want to get in the pit and you know, thrash around with people.
Speaker 3: I like to think I'm more Bourbon and Beyond. But I think I've seen the better shows at Louder Than Life. So you know, the people watching, no doubt that are at Louder than.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, the people watching it louder than Life. I've always thought that the best people watching on the planet was at the Kentucky State Fair.
Speaker 3: I was at number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Louder than Life if you just go just for the entertainment value alone and don't even like the bands you get, your money is worth just looking at all the people there, like you see.
Speaker 1: A little bit of everything. Louder than Life.
Speaker 2: I mean it's uh, let's just say, very interesting, very little clothing a lot of times on people that you wish had extra clothing on.
Speaker 1: It's it gets wild out there.
Speaker 3: Well when like you bring out the EyeBlack for a music concert, like you're playing a football game. You know it's really serious. But like I would love to ask you, Shannon, what Louder than Life face accessory would you be most likely to get? Would you get like a lip ring or like gauges on your nose?
Speaker 1: None of it?
Speaker 3: Maybe the eyebrow piercing, Like I feel like it comes all comes out of for Louder than Live? So which one are we going.
Speaker 1: To get you? None of the above?
Speaker 2: Maybe like a mask or something like you know, the slipknot mask. Does that count? I'm not getting anything pierced.
Speaker 3: No, it does count. I'd like to see you get your tongue pierced something like.
Speaker 2: I think that's just you know, like you know that that's when you go through your emo phase when you're in your teens. Okay, it's maybe acceptable you get into your forties.
Speaker 1: It's just it's not even not even a good look for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the skater boy face for me with the long bangs. But I convince you to get like ear rings or anything like that, like some studs a clip on. Oh no, not clip ons. I want to puncture a hole in that ear Shannon.
Speaker 2: No, that ain't happening. One of Matt's buddies that always comes down tall. You've heard Matt talking.
Speaker 3: About it tall.
Speaker 1: I think it's tall.
Speaker 2: He always gets like a clip on ear ring and I don't know why he does this, but he always wears it at the SEC tournament every year and it's kept this big feather on it. So it's a clip on ear ring with a just imagine like a peacock feather on it.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just like he's just in party mode at that point.
Speaker 1: He has that.
Speaker 2: He brings a monocle that he It's I don't really understand it, but it humors me every time I see it. Hey, Draft Kings Sportsbook promo code KSR Bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets. You can take it to the rack with Draft Kings Book where every point counts. Download the DraftKings Sports Book app now use the promo code KSR. That's KSR for new customers to bet five, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets only on DraftKings the Crown is yours, gambling problem calling eight hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms are responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co slash audio. Did you watch any of the Florida Georgia game last night? It was that was wild?
Speaker 3: No, No, I missed it. I was catching up on some shows, but I did see the result whether they were up twenty six.
Speaker 2: So George's up twenty six points, and that's when I almost get on DraftKings and go, let's put it on Florida. I think it was plus seven hundred for Florida money line at that point, and I'm like, there's.
Speaker 1: No way this is going to stand.
Speaker 2: Even if they lose, They're they're not gonna get beat by this many points.
Speaker 1: So I was like, do I go with the spread? Do I go with the points?
Speaker 2: I didn't go either, just because I'm on a bad losing streak. But anyway, yeah, Florida fought back, actually took the lead, with two minutes left in the game, that Georgia still comes back and wins the game.
Speaker 1: So what's worst, Billy.
Speaker 2: Getting down by twenty six points to Georgia or coming back from twenty six going up and then still losing the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's it's probably you know, coming all the way back just to lose. I mean, it's a great feat. You're happy, you think you're gonna get that win, and then you just can't hold onto the rope. I'm sure that's extremely demoralizing, maybe even more so than if it were to stay a twenty six point loss. But man, big win for Georgia. We were just talking about Oklahoma and their big win Versussissippi State. This is a win that kind of propels Georgia from I guess they're kind of at like the last four out right now to try to fight to that last four in spot. And if that's the case, shann and then we're starting to look at the long shot possibility of what could it be fourteen team?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, is every team except for LSU and South Carolina going to get in?
Speaker 3: I mean it's possible. These are the results that would make that more and more likely and Georgia doing that than man, I mean that was that was kind of a bad loss for Kentucky early in the year. If you remember, I guess you know, Kentucky's still trying to get its feet underneath it, even though they had wins versus Duke and Gonzaga, but playing on the road a Samptos Sirol was just more physical in Kentucky. Would be interesting to see if Georgia could back their way into the tournament after they've had some big struggles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't look like that bad of a loss at the time, but now it's looking worse and worse. But then you know, they knock off Florida, so who knows. We'll see what happens. Let's go to the phones. Got about a minute before the break, Stub, what's up, stub?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning guys. This is Mario Williams thing.
Speaker 5: You know, when he was a dreg soul, he played about the same amount of minutes and he was two timed the sense of Player of the Year, so you know, he does have the analytics to back it up.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of been consistent with the Mario Williams his whole career. On another note, Shannon, you'll probably be interested in this so pair amount. I just saw this. They are going to start putting on episodes of the Old and TV Unplugged. Oh it'll be about fifty of the of the classic ones and it's going to be a lot of the v H one storytellers as well.
Speaker 2: So awesome. I will check it out. Thanks for the cost out, we appreciate. We're up against the break here. Thank you little MTV Unplugged VH one storytellers. Back when we actually had good music stations and it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Teasy, too good too back.
Speaker 1: That's right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: KS ourppre show, kis our appre show eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We got some open lines if you want to get in. It's nice day outside. Maybe people are just you know, out doing their thing this morning. Billy, you know, yesterday was a perfect day for baseball, which, by the way, you got to give a shout out to Nick bnje o on and the the Backcat. Yes, absolutely destroyed Evansville twenty four to three. That's the most they have scored since two thousand and seven. I feel like the baseball team finally hit the John short spread of twenty one Biggins and.
Speaker 3: This game ended early. I mean, yeah, run ruled Evansville. So imagine how many runs they could have scored if they went nine. But twenty four to three? What are we playing football?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Also, yesterday Mark Stoops spoke yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know, he took basically the Billy Rutledge approach.
Speaker 2: He says he takes responsibility, but he doesn't apologize. No, he didn't say he doesn't apologize, but he said he does take a responsibility, said that he didn't you know, he wasn't good enough at teaching and bringing out leadership. But he says he's not going to let that happen again. Do you believe that that we're not going to have players during the game over at the concession stand buying hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, like if there was an overall tone of Mark Soops yesterday, I mean there was a sense of urgency. It felt like a little bit of the old Stoops was back, a little bit of fierceness. He talked a little bit about thirty one new player being on this team and just getting all those guys up to speed, but also talked about a lot of those guys you know, just being old, Like these are old players that are on the roster now, guys that have two degrees, guys that are married, guys that have kids. It's a different mindset in spring football when you have a bunch of older guys like that compared to maybe eighteen nineteen year old just kind of trying to transition into college. So that's just a natural difference when it comes to college football as a whole. Now. I also like that he mentioned depth as a thing that has really improved on the team this year. I think at times we relied on one guy in a position group. You spent a lot of nil money on one guy to solidify a position, and now it could be several so and with as many injuries Kentucky's had in the past, that's probably a good sign. But I think there's a part of me that, you know, you just got to prove it to me before I get fully on board, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Back to work, all right, It's what we always hear, back to work.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of different things that he's got to improve, not just the offensive line. I mean again, it goes back to the leadership. I think that goes back to this team was dealing with a lot of locker room issues. You know, we've heard things about players maybe not having to play by the same rules when it comes to showing up for practice, and you know, when you let that sort of thing creep into your locker room, it can't help. But I think, you know, like create some animosity from players. You know, like if like, let's say, Billy, you know, you had to go to work every day, but I didn't necessarily have to show up if I didn't want to, right, I think at some point you'd be like, all right, enough of this guy already, you know. And I think that as a coach, when you allow something like that, it can't help, but just sort of drive a wedge between teammates and guys that you allow to sort of get away with things where other people can't.
Speaker 3: Well. I think one of the biggest cliches in sports is that you have to coach every player the same. I completely disagree with that. There are going to be some guys that you have to baby and then there'll be others that you can be really tough on.
Speaker 1: But you gotta have certain rules though, that apply to everybody.
Speaker 3: Correct. That's that was the overall point is that you have to set a standard, you have to have discipline, and if you don't, then that can that can slip very quickly and lead to a situation like we've seen in the previous years. Yeah, now we're while we're talking about football, Shannon, I mentioned this yesterday the NFL Scouting Combine. Of this this week and in every year, I read some of the most ridiculous questions that players have been asked in the interview process of the NFL scouting combine. Are you ready for a couple you're gonna ask me? Okay, all right, So you're you're the what the GM, Yeah, I'm GM, Billy gmbila, I am your your top first round prospect, that's right, top ten of the dude, that's right. All right. So you just had a great senior year, You're coming into the NFL, and we're sitting down for the interview process. Are you ready to go? Dude?
Speaker 1: Let's go?
Speaker 3: All right? So, first of all, are you afraid of clowns?
Speaker 1: No? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: That's a good sign. I wouldn't draft somebody that was afraid of clown.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're afraid of clowns, how are you gonna be uh? Are you gonna go out there against a bunch of three pound lineman?
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clowns do not scare me.
Speaker 3: It'd be tough playing the Browns if you were afraid of clowns. Now, if I asked you GM, get jokes over here? How many ways could you use a brick in one minute?
Speaker 1: M just one brick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a brick. How many ways could you use a brick in one minute?
Speaker 1: As many as you need me to GM? How about that a great answer? I'm looking for more specific. You want a specific answer, You want me to like list the waves?
Speaker 3: Just you know, it's up to interpretation.
Speaker 2: I could smash it into a window, but I would never do that because I'm a you know, great person, would never do anything like that.
Speaker 1: Sure, I could smash my phone with it.
Speaker 3: I could if I smashing.
Speaker 2: If I had a couple of bricks, I could put them on top of each other and build a sacking.
Speaker 1: I could build a home.
Speaker 3: That's right, Well, this is just one brick, so it might be tough to build.
Speaker 1: Well, what kind of scenario? Well, I only have one brick.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm not answering any questions I'm here to ask the question.
Speaker 1: Your questions are stupid.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on. Would you share your Internet history with us, mister.
Speaker 1: Dude, No, it's none of your business. Would you share yours with my with me?
Speaker 3: I mean sure, I've got nothing to hide, of course, and you would hide. Now, where does the sun rise? And where does it rest? Or where does it set?
Speaker 2: The sun rises in the east settles in the west.
Speaker 3: Very good?
Speaker 1: You know how I know that there's a red hot Chili Pepper song?
Speaker 3: Is that the only reason you know Chili Pepper's?
Speaker 1: Oh? These I mean, these are actual questions.
Speaker 3: These are legit questions that have been asked prospects.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me draftka GM actually would ask to see the search history of a player.
Speaker 3: And they have. Yes, They've been asked in the press.
Speaker 1: That's extremely major.
Speaker 3: Offensive tackle Spencer Drango was asked that question specifically back in twenty sixteen. Here's another one. Western Kentucky quarterback Brandon Dowdy was asked, You're on a mountain in Alaska on a bus going one hundred miles per hour. Where are you sitting on the bus.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm gonna take all that driver to slow down. We're going way too fast. You can't be driving one hundred miles an hour where I'm not going to be sitting.
Speaker 3: In the bus. Where are you sitting on the bus in.
Speaker 2: The driver's seat. I'm going to kick the driver out. I'm gonna slow the bus down and make sure everybody's safe.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Interesting, Now, if I would ask you, would you rather be a cat or a dog? Which one would you be?
Speaker 2: I'm a dog because I am loyal. We all know that dogs are loyal. Cats are all in it for themselves. Let me tell you something, GM, I once had a cat show up in my house.
Speaker 1: We fed the.
Speaker 2: Cat, we took care of the cat, and then a couple of months later he left. That just shows you like, that's that's what he strays are. I'm not a stray cat. I am loyal to this team. I am loyal. I want to be a franchise player for you.
Speaker 3: You got a little dog in you. I got a lot of dog in me a couple more. Are you a boxers or briefs type of guy?
Speaker 1: That feels very personal?
Speaker 3: What my question to ask? What if I just said commando, Well, then then I'm marking you off my draft board. This is what this is why these questions are important?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: And then how about this one? What color is chocolate?
Speaker 1: Well, it depends are we going milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
Speaker 3: Just chocolate? In general? What would you say?
Speaker 1: Light brown?
Speaker 3: And what color is melted chocolate?
Speaker 1: The same color as solid chocolate?
Speaker 3: Correct? And what colors butter?
Speaker 1: It's a shade of yellow.
Speaker 3: And what colors melted butter the same color? And what color is snow?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on if somebody already got into it or not. General, I'm just saying that yellow it could be yellow snow, but in general it's white snow.
Speaker 3: And then what color is melted snow?
Speaker 1: Melted snow would be clear because you can't see melted snow.
Speaker 3: Was that the icebreaker used for a brown's offensive? Linman? Wow?
Speaker 1: I wonder why they've been struggling all these years. Huh?
Speaker 3: Are there you go?
Speaker 1: You got any more stupid questions?
Speaker 3: I mean I do, but they start ranging into like these weird when did you lose your vergil? Okay, is your mother a prostitute?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Hold on a minute, they're not asking people that.
Speaker 3: As Bryant was asked if his mother was a prostitute.
Speaker 2: Did they have reason to believe that she might be a prostitute? Or are they just asking that out of the clear.
Speaker 3: What's your murder weapon of choice? One player was asked, what would you use a gun or a knife?
Speaker 1: How about I wouldn't commit a murder.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the answer they're looking. Wow, these questions have been cleaned up in recent years. They haven't been as bad, But it's always fun to revisit some of the dumb, overthought questions that these GM and evaluators ask NFL prospects.
Speaker 1: So what do you think? Did I passed the test? Are you ready to bring me on board?
Speaker 3: Well, you probably struggled on the brick like you were like, I'm going to build a home. Well, what are you going to do with one brick? You need to, you know, use it in different ways.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go I'm gonna take that brick to the brick store. I'm gonna say, give me a thousand of these exact bricks right here, and I'm gonna build a wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, you you redeemed yourself with the clear snow exercise. I was a little what would you do with the brick? Uh? Well, you know, I'd stand on it to see above people's shoulders. Nail in. You know, I gotta hang a picture on the wall. You know, I might use a brick.
Speaker 2: To you're gonna you're really going to use a brick as a hammer for a nail.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might. You know they ask you what's your biggest weakness in a job interview? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How would you answer that? What is your biggest week?
Speaker 1: I have no weaknesses.
Speaker 2: I'm perfect in every way.
Speaker 3: I love that answer. That's a that's a g M billy answer, So I respect it.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to l D. What's up?
Speaker 3: Y l D? A l D.
Speaker 1: We'll have to come back to him, all right, Let's go to George.
Speaker 3: Hey, George, what's up? George?
Speaker 6: What's going on? Guys? Hey? Shan uh? And anybody suggest that you to use two rubber gloves to open that jar up?
Speaker 1: No, you'd be the first one.
Speaker 3: The gloves on.
Speaker 6: I tell you what, I tell you what, get you a good pair of rubber gloves. Grab jar with one hand and grab the lid with the other. I think it had come out for you.
Speaker 2: I'm about to smash it with a hammer. We're about to that point. I will try the rubber gloves that the Debbie.
Speaker 1: Technique did not work, but we'll give that a try.
Speaker 6: I tell you what, I'm old man, I'm seventy years old and they work for me.
Speaker 3: So well, you got to do what you can right when you can't get that jar open because you just don't have the strength, like Shannon the dude, sometimes you got to All.
Speaker 2: Right, George, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the call. Anything else is that it?
Speaker 1: You just want to Okay? He just wanted to give us some help. Us just trying to give us some advice on how to open a jar of pickles. Bob is up necked. What's up?
Speaker 3: Bob?
Speaker 6: Hey? Hey guys, how you all doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good man?
Speaker 6: Hey? Uh is yours deal separate with Ieheart and Matt's?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay. Well, what's going to happen if you guys become more popular than Man and his show?
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know. I think that's we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Speaker 3: If when.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 4: I like you guys a lot better because you guys actually get to talk.
Speaker 6: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, one more thing real quick, Shannon. Do you still get money for money?
Speaker 2: Yes, I got foreign money last week. I don't know how it's coming to my house. Still still coming to my mailbox, Billy. I've moved, you know, last year, and now I'm still getting foreign money, which is probably worth next to nothing.
Speaker 3: But I'm sound annoyed. I mean, this is a special tradition. We will share you just you just don't like that your addresses is out there for everybody to have.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it's even still coming to me. I mean I've got like, probably at this point, one hundred different bills. I guess I can make a good like you know, poster collage out of it, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I took it to the bank, I probably wouldn't get much in exchange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you're going to sell it, so you're just gonna have to keep it as a memento.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob, thanks for the call, man.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it, all right, all see you? Yeah eight five nine, twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, Matt or Ryan and Drew are a part of KSR, but we're the employees of iHeart Right shall have full time employees. We just we kind of do it a little bit differently than the KSR guys, as we were both producers to start before we became host as hosts of these shows.
Speaker 1: Let's just hope that we all get signed to five more years.
Speaker 3: Just don't ask me what I've done five things I've done well.
Speaker 1: I was going to get to that. I'm glad see I almost forgot about it though, and you brought it up. So let's review. You know, we asked. I asked you earlier this.
Speaker 2: Week write down five things in honor of Elon that you've done that's been productive this week at work.
Speaker 1: We're on what day three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you know, if we're keeping pace here, you got two more days. You need to have at least three things written down by the end of the day. Do you have at least two for me right now that you can share? Where's your list? No? Not really, I don't have my list with me.
Speaker 1: We mean not really, you don't have anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, like we can get into the nitty gritty like you did the Mark Pope show.
Speaker 1: The Okay, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: There's one you put the Mark Pope Show on the air for everybody to hear.
Speaker 3: Help Matt get a new endorsement deal, We finalize some remote dates for the SEC tournament in the summer.
Speaker 1: Three. Okay, you're doing good. Now you're on pace.
Speaker 3: Now we got baseball game tonight. We got that I'm gonna be helping with. We got the men's basketball game as well. To get the five, I don't know why you're sweating it. You're gonna get to five easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it. Just make sure you write them down and email those into me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you'll be reminded by Shannon the Dude later today that he'll do, you know, six shows before the day is over. We look for five things we did in the entire week. That's doing six a day.
Speaker 2: After this show, i'll be halfway done. Then just have KSR double Q QMF.
Speaker 3: Then trust me, he'll let you know.
Speaker 2: That's right eighty seven, and we'll let you know. We got one more break to take and we'll do that and we'll take your phone calls coming up next final segment of the KSR pre show at Shannon the Dude and Billy Religs, who I just learned during the break that between the two of us, we have about one and a half gigs left on our iPhones. Because I thought maybe I was the only one that you know has this issue. You got so much stuff on your phone and you can't delete it all. I don't even know what to delete at this point that you know, they want you to update like to eighteen point three point one, like the newest iOS, and I can't do it because I don't have enough room. And no, I'm not giving in, and I'm not buying the extra storage from I iPhone, iCloud or whatever it is. And you said you have the same situation, right, because like when I'm trying to do video, if I if I shoot anything more than like a minute video on my phone, he goes, Nope, done, just shuts off.
Speaker 3: Now the storage on my phone is shot. My iCloud storage is full. And unless I want to start paying one hundred dollars a month, you know, I've got to figure something out because if I lose or break this phone, I'm losing contacts, I'm losing eighteen thousand, five hundred and ninety photos Shannon in one thousand and thirty six videos.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, now, are you do you have Prime? Amazon Prime?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Well, you realize there's an app that you can actually let me see.
Speaker 1: I've got it on my phone somewhere. I'm trying to find it.
Speaker 2: But you can upload all your stuff and it goes automatically to that and it's unlimited storage.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, Amazon Photos, that's what it is. Okay, So you need to get that and then all your stuff automatically synks with it and you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: You can do all that stuff off your phone.
Speaker 3: Writing this down. It may not go on my work list, but it's something I gotta do, uh, because you know what, if you're not backed up, Shannon, as soon as you drop your phone in the toilet, hm, or you go out on the lake and maybe it's you know, it stays in the shorts when you dive in, then you're gonna be in a world of pain.
Speaker 2: Another thing we were talking about during the break is something I could have used this morning, because it is now becoming, for some reason, increasingly tougher and tougher to get here on time doing a seven o'clock show every morning.
Speaker 1: Are these flying cars? Have you seen this?
Speaker 2: The first flying electric car approved by the f FA or FAA one hundred percent electric could be not too often. The the future, we're gonna be flying around like the Jetsons.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this thing, going, Man, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: First of all, I hate flying, so I don't think I would even buy one of these if I could afford it. Second of all, if you have a crash in the air, there's a zero percent chance of you surviving one of these things. Like if I have a crash on the highway, you know there's a chance I'm going to survive it.
Speaker 1: You know, might limp away. Nobody's limping away.
Speaker 2: If you're if we're all flying around in these electric cars in fifteen years from now.
Speaker 3: Well I do feel like we already have flying cars to a degree, and they're helicopters. When you say flying cars, I think of Futurama, and like everybody's in lanes or tubes up into the sky. Is that what we're going towards? Shinning? Are we all going to be flying? I mean at that point, it's not even a driver's test you got to pass to either, right, I mean, you got about it pilot's line.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing, like people can't even drive a car on the ground.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put this thing one hundred feet up in the air and trust these people to be flying around and not run into each other. Forget about it. Three hundred thousand dollars. By the way, that's the going price on one of these.
Speaker 3: Now, Like, if you look back at like things written in the past, it was by like around this time, people thought that we'd have flying cars by now. Yeah, So like, do you think fifty sixty, seventy years from now we will be to that point or are we going to be like the people in the past and and be disappointed about.
Speaker 1: Well, now, we'll happen before then.
Speaker 2: I mean, if sixty years from now, I'm not gonna be here, so I won't get to I think at some point in my lifetime we will actually have well I mean I would put me at one hundred and two years old.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but I mean the world didn't stop when.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm talking about it for me, I'm saying, and we're gonna see it in my lifetime. I think it's gonna happen because they will well yeah, it's already approved. Now you just you know, it's gonna start with a bunch of rich people who have that kind of money. Who's gonna drop three hundred thousand dollars on a car? Yeah, and then you know, over time it's going to become more and more of the norm. And as it becomes more normal, the price of it's gonna come down and become more affair for people like you and me.
Speaker 3: Sure, we're gonna see just more and more stuff over the years. You know, like those space flights are going to be popular commercialites that go into space and you can, you know, see the atmosphere down below. Then you're gonna be flying cars, Shannon, I mean, why are we so enthralled by going up in the air? Who knows?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR. As we get to the end of the show, that's right, keep you very grounded, especially with an ego like yours. Promo code KSR Bet five get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets only on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called WED eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only eligibility restrictions apply. New customers only bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional terms, Responsible Gaming Resources, DKNG, dot Co, slash Audio. That is it for the pre show. KSR is up next for Billy Rutledge. I'm shanning the Dude. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Gokats see it.