Speaker 1: Hey, they're fan Ritos. Welcome back to a brand new episode of How Rude Tan Ritos. We are so excited to welcome today's guest onto the podcast. You know him as DJ's on again, off again extremely wealthy boyfriend who also dated Kimmey a time or two. Please welcome the Jason Marsden onto the show. You'll recognize Jason as Nelson on Full House, among many other projects like step by Step, Boy Meets World, a Goofy movie. Honestly, the list is never ending, Like it took me hours to.
Speaker 2: Go through his eye signy credits.
Speaker 1: Crazy scroll scroll scroll. We can't wait to talk to him about all of this and more so without further ado, let's get into it all right at you so fist.
Speaker 2: Like, mister, it is exciting.
Speaker 3: I've never really liked.
Speaker 1: No, we were just trying to figure out we saw you at a convention recently ish within the last twelve months, so we're trying to figure out was it was it Tennessee?
Speaker 2: Yes, was it a nineties Tennessee?
Speaker 4: Because I remember we were in that corner and then you were like kind of like Patty corner across from us there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we waved, we waved uh, and I and I couldn't because I'm old and I didn't have my glasses with me living at me. I was like, oh it's.
Speaker 4: I think that was yeah, And then we were we went on our way to go do I don't know something off to go.
Speaker 1: I think we were right before our panels, so.
Speaker 5: We yeah, we were going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't have.
Speaker 1: To you're waving goodbye, I am by you're.
Speaker 3: Doing the whole rewatch thing, so you're rewatching.
Speaker 4: We were well for us really watching because we never there's no there's no red.
Speaker 2: We never watched the show.
Speaker 3: I was curious. I was gonna ask you about that because I know Stacy and Christine are doing the same thing, yeah, step by step, because Stacy had never watched it. Yeah, right, And I was gonna ask if you guys had ever sat down and no.
Speaker 2: No, not the whole series.
Speaker 4: Sure, and we started from the beginning and have gone. Yeah, we just started season six today.
Speaker 3: Like that must have been a trip.
Speaker 2: It's been really fun, Like it's so fun.
Speaker 1: We get to make fun of each other from how we looks that everyone has seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you can you see yourselves growing as actors? Did you notice that transitioning. When I was younger, like I didn't know what I.
Speaker 2: Was doing, no idea.
Speaker 3: I was just having fun, just having fun. Everything was like really big h you know, everything was a commercial read. And then and then something clicked in my teens and I went to this acting class and then I was like, oh, okay, if I bring it down a little bit, and I can notice the difference between my right the talent.
Speaker 4: Once you're like, oh, I know how to like not be as over the top or whatever. And also once you know to like stay in the scene even when the camera's not on you. That's a big one because kids, you don't you know what I mean. You say your thing and then you're like, what's going over there?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: And that was always the I definitely noticed that as we've gone along that I get much better at like paying attention and staying in the scene.
Speaker 3: I learned because most of my stuff that I do with sitcoms, so when I was doing like single camera.
Speaker 2: Dramas totally different.
Speaker 3: Don't move, don't well, don't cut in the middle of the scene, even if you mess up, because like in sitcoms, you mess up, Aha, it's funny, and you do it and the audience loves it. But I was I remember being like yelled at by directors like don't stop in the middle of a take, right ruins a shot? And then I've never yeah, never done it since.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. So yeah, you're like done with that single cam be gone. Yeah, I'm done with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not going to do single cam anymore. I want to do something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly all No, it's a it's a it's a different animal doing those compared to others, yes, or compared to sitcoms. But and you did so many sitcoms, Jason. You you made the realms of the sitcoms. And I mean, let's see Blossom, Will and Grace just shoot me, Boy meets World. You joined the cast of Step by Step, I mean the Baywatch, Ali McBeal, were you the dancing favorite?
Speaker 1: What was your favorite as a kid?
Speaker 2: The first cap that was you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and that was like, why do I have to be naked?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Alan McField worked with uh Robert Downey Jr. Uh Oh wow. He was recalibrating his career after being in a lot of trouble, so they put him on that show. So I got to share scenes with him. That was fun.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, amazing, that's so cool. And you started on a soap opera is that correct? General hospital? Yeah?
Speaker 3: First first game, first, like big it was a recurring role, but my first big thing was a general hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. See I started on Days of Our Lives when I was six, six years old, so that was my.
Speaker 3: First I think two episodes of Days of Our Lives. I played a boy in a flashback or like a dream sequence. It was someone's baby, but in the dream sequence he was like older. And then they brought me in like a year later, just to play like some kid flying a kite while this other couple is on a date. It is all on a sound stage flying it.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh right, right, so great? Yeah, say, soap opera acting is not for the faint of heart. It is like it is a grond compared to a sitcom where you're like it right on these thirty pages for the whole week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, thirty pages a day, yeah, everything, like it's insane, you mess.
Speaker 3: Up, you must keep going. Used to take anyway, they did, like maybe two takes if I if I maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah right, two takes and you're done. You're moving on. I don't care how bad it is. We got a movie out.
Speaker 2: It's crazy no time.
Speaker 3: I was twelve and uh, I hardly had anything to do in general hospital. But it was like it was a Christmas episode and we're sitting listening to someone tell uh, twas the night before Christmas, and my only line was uh. Then the the the the chickens didn't squawk and the donkeys didn't bray, and instead I went and the donkeys didn't bur and I was like, oh man, my god, I messed it up. And they didn't do another take, and that's the take that that ended up on the show.
Speaker 1: Whoops.
Speaker 3: The donkeys didn't bur The donkeys didn't burn because it was warm.
Speaker 2: They didn't they didn't bur burrow. They were it was almost a burrow, you know what I mean? That was you were confused, you were like, donkey burrow. It's so similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yea yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the Christmas episodes of soap operas. They're just so unhinged, so dramatic.
Speaker 2: Someone's getting slapped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carrie Brady. My I played the first Carrie Brady and she there was one Christmas where I was kidnapped by Stefano Damara brainwashed. I slipped on as I was ice skating, I slipped on the ice, fell into a coma. What Roman Brady who was.
Speaker 2: On the run? I remember him.
Speaker 1: He had to sneak into the hospital dressed as Santa just to visit me because Stephano d'amara was after him too. Anyways, a lot of drama, like the whole full circle of like soap opera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure I had a media she died and came back.
Speaker 1: I never got an evil twin though.
Speaker 2: Did you remember playing character?
Speaker 5: Soap operas are the only thing more ludicrous than it was gonna say, there's soap operas, and then you take a few of those things and you do them in a sitcom, right, and then you do none of it in a sense.
Speaker 1: M It's true. I tell you, as soap opera actors and then sitcom actors, we can make anything work. The most ludicrous story.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, make it work. I gotta make this real, right, yes, wild.
Speaker 1: So funny, so funny. Okay, So you started on general hospital, yes, anyways, yes, back to me, yes, screwing screwing up your lines on general hospitals. What came after that? Was this something you wanted to do or did your parents push you into it? What's the genesis?
Speaker 3: What it was like? It was a mild suggestion.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, sure, mild suggestion, okay.
Speaker 3: And yeah I grew up watching like Nickelodeon and sitcoms and there's like, yeah, that sounds like fun, okay. And when we moved to California, my mom put me in a workshop in Irvine. The workshop sent me to an agent. After twelve weeks, agents signed me immediately cutting mscot to painty and uh and immediately just start satturying on auditions. It's like, oh, this is so it's a job. Job. It's like, can't you know they throw you out there and see what sticks? And uh and sitcoms seem to be my my the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your things.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy? How easy?
Speaker 1: Like I feel like all of us sort of fell into this business where now everyone's like how do I get an agent? Like how do I make this work? And we're like we just fell into this.
Speaker 4: Even listening to like Jeff or like the other writers and producers, like just kind of right moment, right time was a lot of it and who you know and like kind of meeting one person and then being like hey, and it's still a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of that, but now like.
Speaker 4: The the competition and having to get the followers and the social media and whatever before you even think about trying to get a show or do it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell everyone, it's like, it's not it's not show talent, it's show business. Yeah, yeah, there's nothing whatever, followers, you got of this, this and that. So so Andrew you started when you were six, probably younger than that. And Jody, how old were you when you you? Shore was full House? Your first?
Speaker 4: Full House was my second sitcom gig I did?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I did a role on Valerie.
Speaker 4: Yes, I played the next door neighbors missus Pool's okay and the boys had.
Speaker 2: To watch me and it all went south.
Speaker 4: And that was actually how I got cast on Full House was it was a Tom and Bob show and Jeff was looking for a Stephanie and they were like this. So it was my second like TV thing, But I'd done commercials and stuff. I started when I was about four and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah hubs your cubs. Yeah yeah, but were you guys like.
Speaker 2: On TV?
Speaker 4: Yes, I said, I said, I wanted to be a modeler, which was what I called.
Speaker 1: People on TV a model, a model, moddler.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's so funny, amazing. I was just doing it just because my parents. I wasn't against it, but I was just like, Okay, this is what I do now, this is I acted on stage sometimes and sometimes I'm on TV like this was it was, guy, I didn't care one way.
Speaker 2: Orange County, both of US County.
Speaker 3: When I first moved to California, we lived in Fullerton and Lamarado.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, it's near me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nikola was so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were more like the beach, seal Beach and all of that kind of area.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, now that we've told everyone about our history, back to asking Jason some questions. Uh, you were Eddie Munster in the eighties on the on the Monsters evamp.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Andrew, you asked me what came after General Hospital the Monsters. It was that that thing and I and they had then they had to replace me on General Hospital. I was the second Ellen Quartermain junior and there's been like thirty now. But yeah, The Monsters my first TV series. We did three seasons. Uh, first season was on like the the old Desilu Studios, and then the second and third was on the Universal Studios a lot, and that is what's sort of like that. You know, the show is not very well seen, but I still get people that come up to me and remember watching it on I think Sunday mornings. But regardless, it got my foot in the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am sure I watched it.
Speaker 4: I like, I remember the newer Monsters and I loved watching the old Monsters as a kid.
Speaker 2: I loved that show.
Speaker 3: I still I got a Christmas card from Butch Patrick, the original Eddie Munster, and we're friends. And it's still like, sometimes I don't think I belong in this business because I'm so. I'm still like, that's like Eddie Munster sent me a Christmas card. Great, Oh my gosh. I did a cartoon with Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: That's been a lot of what you do is a lot of voiceover work, Yes, tons of voice tell people where they may recognize you and your voice.
Speaker 3: Most notably a Goofy movie. Okay, son, Max, me and my dad when we see power Line was great. You guys should join us next time. I love it it Vakery, Binks and hocus Pocus, a movie that surprisingly people still watch every all Hallows Eve and and people dress up like those witches. Those witches are awful. They tried to kill They killed my sister right in front of me.
Speaker 4: There's a sign picture of you in my in my kid's room as Binks. Really yeah, yeah, yeah, I believe one of the so one of her friend's moms worked the cons and was working with you and knew that.
Speaker 2: Be liked that she got a signed one for you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she's she loves that movie and particularly thinks.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me that she can turn me into a fat, useless, contented house cut anytime.
Speaker 2: Perfect. I will let her know.
Speaker 1: How did you have to study to become a voice actor or do you just it just comes from somewhere inside.
Speaker 3: It is just from watching a lot of cartoons growing up. I mean, like, okay, shoot, I mean I remember being like a fan of Dave Dave Coolier, recognizing him in the Real Ghostbusters. And I also watched the Schlodian on cut it Out. No it was total control.
Speaker 1: Control, Yeah, total control, that was it.
Speaker 3: That was his catchphrase, cut it out. Yeah, And Frank Welker and Lorenzo music, June Foray, all these cats, And it was just something I had an aptitude for, something I definitely learned along the way. Because when I the first cartoon I did again twelve, it was Disney's Adventures of the Gummy Bears. Do you guys ever see that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, such a great show.
Speaker 2: I loved that show.
Speaker 3: And again I was one of a few. The character's name was Cavin, and he was a boy, a squire who was friends with the Gummy Bears. And I replaced this other kid because he went through puberty didn't sound like a little boy anymore. So they got me, uh and and it so most of everything I did was just my own natural voice. And then I by working with all these crazy, amazingly talented human beings, it's like, oh, let me try this, let me try that, and and I was able to branch off into this whole universe. It's great.
Speaker 1: Oh that's amazing. It's the best kind of way to study voices, is my working with amazing Well.
Speaker 4: You start get amazing actors playful with you, You're like, wait, maybe what can I do with my voice? Like let me try this out? What's this character that sounds like if I exaggerated.
Speaker 3: The ride home after a session is always just like, you know, me making weird noises in the car. Yeah, Frank Welker. You guys knowe who Frank Welker is.
Speaker 2: You know the name Frank was.
Speaker 3: You've heard him in everything. Frank was uh Fred and Scooby Doo still friend and Scooby Doo. Also Scooby Doo. He does creature voices. He was in he was in Gremlins, he was in Aladdin the movie Aladdin. Yeah, he was the of Wonders.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was Rajah the cat, the tiger and a Boo the monkey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So he's like you do as session with him and he he he does everything from animal voices to if when the when the engineer is adjusting our microphones, Frank will make the sound like like an electric shock has happened, and it's so realistic it freaks him out and it always makes the engineer jump. So you go home like try to emulate that. It's like, wow, how did he do that?
Speaker 2: How does it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What a joker? Do you get really animated when your voice acting? Do you like use lots of hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to a degree. You don't want to. There's like, you know, the technical things like you don't want to like clothes, clothing movement and true stamping your feet, but you do. There is a way to to emote regurgitate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh that's so cool, amazing. I love that.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: And so when you it's so. You appeared in a bunch of t G I F shows, like all of the tv IF show. Yes, before you found your way to Full House season eight. Yes, you were part of the love triangle between DJ and Nelson and Viper.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's right Viper. Yes, you got David coming up.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Yeah, excellent, that's so cool. Tell us what what did you get the call saying, hey, we want you to audition for this role on Full House? Was this just another one of these auditions add to your long list of sitcom credits? How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I believe, Yes, I did audition for this, and I've worked with Bob before on Getting By That show is Cindy Williams and Toma Hopkins and oh yeah, and they just really liked me and they kept bringing me in for other things. And uh, I think I've read for full House before years years years ago, but and this one stuck, and they I just knew it was like the recurring things we like, DJ's loved at DRIST and I had known Canvas, uh, you know, preperly for years, so it was fun to get to play in a sandbox. And and it was really special because the first episode, you know, sitcoms and if your home audience knows, but like are mostly like in a sound stage. But the one I did, the first one we did, we went on location in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because comments right where we shot because yeah, we shot our last ran Away, Commit ran Away, and we shot our last year's credits up there, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: Oh that must have been cool. That must have been really different because we go crazy when we're got.
Speaker 2: Them off the sound stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's never Yeah, stress level immediately increases.
Speaker 3: I remember the first thing, uh when as soon as I checked in my hotel and I didn't know any of you guys, but my phone rang and it was saggoed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, was it Bob?
Speaker 3: It was Bob? So he would do this like I've never worked on it. You just you just wanted to like just say hi, invite me to Day's like, we're going to dinner if you guys want, if you're welcome to join me and like thanks. Uh wow. Has never worked on a show where anyone else did that. He always went out of his way to include me and whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so Bob.
Speaker 1: That makes me happy to hear that.
Speaker 3: You guys must miss them.
Speaker 1: So did you join us for dinner?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I didn't I remember because I had never been in San Francisco, like on my own, and I really wanted to explore. But I met up later and he in Candice and Dave and I went to a comedy club sound right, yeah, because they were you know who they were. They you know, they just let them go on stage.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Bob would always just pop in places and be.
Speaker 4: Like I'm gonna do like a ten fifteen minutes set at you. I'm just hoping and be like, what's up, guys, can I do a thing?
Speaker 3: His thing? He brought Dave up, Dave did his celebrity farts.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, celerity like and.
Speaker 3: I was like this is really there's like special, it's like really fun. It's like well, it's like Hollywood moments you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, the celebrity farts are my favoritely. He nails it.
Speaker 4: Every Just give him any person and he does the strangest noise and you're like, yeah, I could see that though.
Speaker 3: I think Dave, I have been next to a McMahon when farts, and that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not that I think about that often, but if I did, that would be I was shocked.
Speaker 3: And now let me ask you guys something I'm shocked, like because everyone talks about when when not just me too came about But I remember when we did Step by Step, they had an HR person come in to talk to all of us about the appropriate way to behave around each other.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, you have to do one of those every year. Now you gotta do a It's an HR thing. And I just sit there and come up with material the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like, lass, it's just.
Speaker 4: Saying stupid jokes and stuff, and everyone's sitting around me is getting in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I was shocked when I was on set and Bob Dave, everyone is just being themselves or authentic selves, And you guys were even eighteen, but there was never any like, no parents like sat them down, was like, hey, looks can they tone it down a bit?
Speaker 2: No one, but our parents had given up trussed us this point. By season eight.
Speaker 4: My mom was just like, you're only like thirteen, I don't even know, but oh yeah, no they the first few couple of seasons we were little. Usually what would happen is that they wouldn't They would forget the monitors were on, and the kids will be backstage watching, and so they'd be saying or doing something wildly inappropriate and the moms would have to be like, you can't do that or would you know it would be like a stupid joke that he and Dave would start, you know, going back and forth on and it was yeah, well, when we were little, the moms definitely they were they were there, But you guys grew up like, I guess this is it.
Speaker 3: But because you guys are you were good. You were good kids. You didn't come home and repeat what they said. You weren't not to my mother.
Speaker 2: Said, yeah, I said not to my mother. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jody's now incorporated into a current routine.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, look, yeah, I've been writing bits since I was ten, you know, so I was just soaking it all up like a sponge.
Speaker 3: Do you do stand up, Joey?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: I do outstanding? And there's a I live in Nashville, and there's a big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a huge Yeah, there's a big stand up scene out there.
Speaker 3: And I haven't done I've done mostly open mics because I'm still trying to figure it out. But it is terrifying and fun and at the same time it's a great like for an actor. And I'm very much always like, you know, I like to be in control. I like write, you know, rehearsal is good, but to be in an environment where like you try it and you fail, you got to keep going.
Speaker 2: Oh I feel I did.
Speaker 4: Recently, I went up there and and my it was I smooth brained it.
Speaker 2: It was like everything just slipped right off my brain, smooth and.
Speaker 4: And so I just went, well, guys, anybody any limit in here in their mid forties going through paramenopolsey, you know, feel like they have dementia, you know, just.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I got it, that's what I got to roll. And then it happened again. I was like, oh man, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, this is but luckily it was like at a small little place and whatever.
Speaker 2: But honestly, you learn from it.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I was trying to do this or this was you know, I changed this or whatever, and then I went up. I had another show at the improv like two days later, and great, smooth, you know, it went really well.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm doing I'm doing a show.
Speaker 4: The well this will air after but uh December thirtieth.
Speaker 2: I think I know all I know right now. Nikki Glazer is one of the other comics that's doing it. Wow, who did I hear? Was it Rob Funches? Anyway, Yeah, so it's it's super fun. It's great.
Speaker 4: I do some comedy shows too that I'm taking to San Francisco's sketch Fest, and we got asked to do Netflix as a joke.
Speaker 3: So please come to Nashville, come get your person to book your Zannies, and I'll bring a bunch of people and we'll throw our panties at you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we want to take our our show on the road, so that would be amazing.
Speaker 3: Andrea, no, no, stand up.
Speaker 1: God, no, no, I don't. I'm not good at the improv that I'm really good. I need someone to write write jokes for me. I'm really funny when someone else writes my joke.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, yes, yeah, same, same, same.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I admire you guys for being able to get up there and either improv or just roll with it if you if you fail completely, keep going it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's anything Live was terrifying because you know, when that happens, it's just happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So during season eight of Full House, did you know did you anticipate did you know who DJ was going to end up with because it was all Viper or Nelson, Viper or Nelson. Did you know at the time that she was going to pick neither of you? Or did you spoiler alert or did you kind of hold out hope because a lot of fans I think were kind of shipping Nelson and DJ to kind of be in.
Speaker 3: That's very sweet. I kind of always knew it was going to be back to Steve, just because it just makes the most sense. I mean, like story wise, like you know, long love, true love. I always joke like, oh yeah, she chose true love over money. Come on, you would have taken such good care of her.
Speaker 2: Right, how nineties of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I knew. I knew ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, okay, you're like all still come play and.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was such a great character.
Speaker 4: He was just so how many episodes did you did you wind up doing?
Speaker 3: I think four, I was gonna say, I felt like four sounds about right.
Speaker 1: It felt like more. I felt like you were in the entire But maybe that's because I was in all of the storylines in the teenager lines.
Speaker 3: It wasn't DJ and then Kimmy and yeah, Nelson's like, you know, just love the one you're with. I guess right.
Speaker 1: Nelson didn't like, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Go come on. That would have I would have that would have loved if they at least kept me on. I thought that would have been a good ship.
Speaker 2: I think because Kimmy and Nelson.
Speaker 3: Kimmy and Nelson, I think it would have been a great a great love story.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were both a little bit eccentric in their own different ways. But Kimmy was just he's a gold digger. Yeah, yeah, get me on that private plane, man.
Speaker 3: Sure, And I think I think he would have understood. And but the way I played him as opposed to another guy, and the other show was that was his just sincere love, and he was just you know, the fact that he was rich was so abstract to him. It was sad that he got older, and that was all that he was he was about. But I I like, he was just really cared about this family and and yeah and DJ and and would absolutely probably had a kick hanging out with Camie, but he thought she was hysterical.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, Yeah, it's true. You realize how how self unaware Nelson was when he just casually mentions these like his yacht, right and his mansion and all these things. You're like, normal people don't have this.
Speaker 3: Thing his world. That's normal to him.
Speaker 2: But he didn't.
Speaker 3: Think there was any conceit around it.
Speaker 4: It's like you're like, do you know what you said is insane?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a sentence I'll never go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we missed you on Fuller House. When season two we did the high school reunion kim Me and DJ's high school re union, Nelson came back, but you were unavailable. What was what was more important than full House?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 3: I believe me. I tried, but my wife says it was I turned it down for destiny because I had gotten invited to Dragon Con.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, and it was more.
Speaker 3: It was like it was a convenience thing. I mean, I was in my early forties going for convenience. Was like, wow, okay, I could fly to La bring all my dragon Con shit with me and then miss two days of dragon Con. Or I could just drive there. It's three hours bring all my stuff. So I chose to go to dragon Con. And if I hadn't, I wouldn't have met my wife, who we.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, So I love that.
Speaker 2: That is actually an amazing story.
Speaker 4: And now you are completely forgiven and I'm just no forgiven like this, I mean, yeah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was more important. The universe had more important plans for you. And was like no, no, well, and we understand.
Speaker 3: What did they tell you?
Speaker 4: They tell you that you hated us, and then we're like, don't ask me again. I don't want anything to do with this ship.
Speaker 3: No, sorry, Mike, pull my rides here, guys, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah boy, what did you do now, Jason? They're coming to get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw you, guys at not the first nineties con. We went to yeah, and you all and I didn't know if you guys remember me or not. Everyone was it was all of you, Dave and and Candicon. You all like walked up to me like what's going on? What we're not too good for you? I was like, Oh my gosh, I'm so to see you guys. And I love you guys. I would love to have played with you guys. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Ah well we loved you too, and so it was so exciting to see you again. What how do you decide who to hang out with at the cont Like, right, because you've been on so many sitcoms, you could literally have a booth at every single show's table, So how do you decide?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that first ninety because it was it was it was everybody on TJF. It is the Faily Matters crew is a full house crew, and it was like a high school cafeteria, like everyone just sort of sat with.
Speaker 2: Their yeah yeah, yeah, yeah right, like I.
Speaker 3: Want to see that yeah yeah, but at the after but at the bar, at the hotel that we don't tell everyone where it is. It's like this this purgatory of actors that all together, and I imagine like people just you know, going downstairs, having no idea there's a convention going on, walking the bar and seeing like, oh there's the boy meets roll Cast and there's Christopher Lloyd and.
Speaker 2: Blows their mind. They're like, what if this is what the men?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah. I remember seeing Christopher Lloyd I'm such a fan of and he was waiting for the elevator. I was like, mister Lloyd, h and he didn't acknowledge me. I was like, oka, he probably doesn't don't want to be bothered. But and then I realized, you know, he's he's just old. And he fondly turned to me and I I was like, you have a good night, and he went you too, And my girlfriend and I looked at each other like it sounds just like him.
Speaker 1: It's right, right, that's amazing, so legendary, it is.
Speaker 4: It is legend to I love going to the conventions, like our fans for the full House.
Speaker 2: Fuller House fans are so lovely.
Speaker 3: Yes, you guys are a fandom, like people were still like their kids' kids still watch yeah Fullhouse, Like you guys are going to be at you know, at CON's until we're you're you're ninety. He's getting passed down.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, just say we like Bill Daniels, So just give us a walk, a little scooter all day.
Speaker 2: Three will be thrilled that we showed up. That'll be great.
Speaker 3: Are you all going to nineties come next year? Are you booked?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We didn't get the Yeah.
Speaker 1: We didn't get the invite last year, so I don't know if I think they were.
Speaker 4: Giving the schoolhouse like a break to kind of build up some excitement if when we come back.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, because we didn't you guys there.
Speaker 4: But I'm doing a couple other like two or three other cons this in the beginning part of the year.
Speaker 2: So uh, maybe I will see you at one of those.
Speaker 3: I hope. So yeah, then I'll sit with you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lunch, I needed the podcast to break the ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, there you go.
Speaker 4: Now where is there? Everything's you know, we know why you didn't come down. We're very happy that you didn't because you have your wife and like, who knows where your life would have been otherwise, you know. So yeah, I I we've cleared the air now, everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Feel better. I do feel better. Is there one role you're recognized for most out of all of the roles you've played.
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: In top two or three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely like top three. It's either like something from uh like t jf or or a goofy movie or hocus Pocus like that the or Spirit Away. It was like the big the big things.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, yeah, awesome.
Speaker 3: Usually and only only, like I would say, the last two years, are people coming up to me and mentioned me by name. Usually it's like you're that guy, I know you, you're that. But now people are like Jason mars Are you Jason Marrisin It's only been the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: You're not that guy from that show right anymore?
Speaker 2: For the or I recognize that voice, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Well I love it.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much for coming on the show today. This was so much fun to see you, truly.
Speaker 3: Thank you great to see I was very very flattered and excited when when I heard you guys want to talk to me?
Speaker 2: So, oh, yes, we got to have Nelson on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, we've been waiting. We couldn't wait any longer. We couldnt wait till season eight. We were like, we don't have.
Speaker 2: Anything, let's just get him on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, thank you so much for doing the show today, and it was great to see you and enjoy your holidays and your lovely Christmas tree behind you.
Speaker 3: I will thank you much love all of your faces and crushing it on stage.
Speaker 4: And thank you all right sounds next year you all right, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Was so fun.
Speaker 1: He's lovely. He's so lovely. Really, he's just great. That's why I was bummed he couldn't come back for full I.
Speaker 2: Know he really is.
Speaker 4: I have run into him a bunch of times at stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just always.
Speaker 4: Really sweet and nice and I'm glad we had him on.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's a good egg, as we.
Speaker 2: Say, yes indeed, and.
Speaker 1: He's just so he's a great interview and just it's such prolific work and I admire like all the.
Speaker 4: Voice work stuff is super cool, so cool because it's it's so varied and all over the place.
Speaker 2: It's really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you Van Ritos for joining us today with our interview with Jason Marsden.
Speaker 2: It is lovely. We hope you enjoyed it. If you want to find us.
Speaker 4: On Instagram, you can find us at how Rude Podcast. Or you can send us an email at how Rude Tanaritos at gmail dot com. Check out our merch store how Rude merch dot com, and we will see you next time. Because remember the world is small. The house is full of oh no, wait, what was I gonna? It was gonna There was a Nate, there.
Speaker 2: Was a oh.
Speaker 1: Jason Marson autographs on banks.
Speaker 4: The house is full of banks, banks, just a little black talking CAATs everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very allergic great sneezing right now.
Speaker 4: I would literally was picturing the cat in my head and I'm like the thing. Yeah, the think of the thing, smooth brained it again, all right, well still next time, guys, that's the next time.
Speaker 3: Hi mm hmm