Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at.
Speaker 2: The Star in Frisco, Tag Burgers, Hes got Pinxit touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a terrific Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the s w PC Studios.
Speaker 5: Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today. Sporting his Dallas Star's best fan paraphernalia because it is Dallas Stars Opening night.
Speaker 3: Mister Patrick, no C Walker, I respect it.
Speaker 5: Josh Roderiguez, Isaiah stand Back, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's so glad you're with us.
Speaker 6: Welcome in, Talking Cowboys, Mariners. Oh yeah, five's coming up. Man, We got our butts kicks you gotta hand out destroyed, but they got to come back to our crib for Game five.
Speaker 5: It's true winner faced the Toronto Blue jam Ooh love it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to fly six hours. Yeah, it's true. Anybody's gonna have to do.
Speaker 6: We are too, But I was gonna say that kind of works in the other direction as well, Seattle.
Speaker 3: For you, we have bowing, you have both. Right now, let's not talk about that. Let's not talk about that one. No good baseball playoffs are fun.
Speaker 5: I was in the Mariners organization before I took the Cowboys jobs. I know a lot of those guys, so you're happy for them. Julio h Logan, Gilbert get ready to ring. Hey, I don't know if they would want to show me the ring because I was very adamant when the Rangers won the World Series.
Speaker 3: How much of a Ranger fan I was.
Speaker 7: You know at that point in time, tied by from the Stars organization.
Speaker 3: As far as yeah, couple, couple.
Speaker 8: I know the Bang guy. You guys know who that guy is.
Speaker 5: Oh, the guy that's up on the glass that spent time in prison.
Speaker 8: Yep, yeah, that guy. I used to work with that guy.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, he his dad owned the the or what is it? Marketing agency that I worked for. Oh yeah, so he was a he was a bit of a what's it?
Speaker 8: What's it? Called Nepo baby.
Speaker 6: In a way, it's a small yeah cohort, huh yeah, see where this is going.
Speaker 3: It's a small world.
Speaker 5: You you never know how close you are between people to figure.
Speaker 8: But literally one day he.
Speaker 7: Was walking around with a suit with no socks or shoes on, and I was like, what are you doing, dude?
Speaker 8: He's like, oh, got a game, Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Why are your shoes off? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Why are you wearing sandals with a white suit? Strangers?
Speaker 3: Guy? That's what Patrick was wearing yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after he got off the show. Quite clean as well. It's an aura.
Speaker 3: You know what's not clean? Are reforming? You know, it's not clean. It's not clean.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys injury report, it's quite feel it is. It looks like Bill Belichick's injury reports. That was my first thought was, remember when Bill Belichick was was coaching for the Patriots.
Speaker 3: That is not for North Carolina, know, but for the Patriots he would just litter his injury he does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he litters his injury report with everything.
Speaker 3: If you have a stub, but you're on the you're on the did you just sneeze up? Put him on the report? Illness report? Anyways? But that's what it looks like like a Costco receipt, even though it's not that at all.
Speaker 9: It's actually it's actually improved over last week because last week's Wednesday injury report, you had what eight, nine, ten d nps.
Speaker 10: So we'll do the quick rundown here.
Speaker 3: Aren't there fourteen names on this week's injury report?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but most of these guys participated in some kind of fake shape.
Speaker 10: So a lot of limited, A ton of limit, a limited, A ton of limiteds.
Speaker 6: You only have one, two, three, four five d MPs if you had far more than that. So uh, Tyler Booker Ceedee Lamb, as expected, did not participate in yesterday's practice.
Speaker 9: Good news though on both of those fronts. Tyler Booker was seeing it with the rehab group, doing work on the sidelines with the bands with Britt Brown, so that's good news for him. Ceedee Lamb, which isn't the first time he's been out there, but but it's the first time I have not seen an excessive amount of tape on his ankle.
Speaker 8: I like those words.
Speaker 9: So yeah, he was. He was all smiles bouncing around yesterday. So Ceede Lamb's bouncing some good program.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was well boppit he was bit bitty bomp.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was so ceede. Lamb is making progress. I don't see him playing this week. I do see him returning against the Commanders. This is me speaking at the team. We'll see how how that goes. Tyler Booker is making strides as well. Cavante Turpin gave us a really really solid update yesterday after practice. He said that he's jogging, but he's not full speed just yet. That could come as earli as today, but he he lists himself as day to day. Asked directly if he sees himself taking the trip to Carolina to play against the Panthers, he said it's more likely that he returned against the Commanders. He said that is where the team is leaning right now, which ties directly into what owner in general manager Jerry Jones toll one oh five three the Fan earlier this week when he said fingers crossed on Cavante Turpin. So doesn't look like Turpin will return this week, but we could see Turpin and CD back on the field for a very important NFC East matchup against the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 7: You know who doesn't want to see Cavante Turpin return talk on it Washington.
Speaker 6: That is correct, just this man in the NFL Maden Circle button.
Speaker 9: But they remember. So now going from there, we have Jack Samborne. You know, he suffered the concussion and the win over the Jets. Did not return to that game, obviously placed in the protocol. Was not seen on the field yesterday, but you know who was Tyler Geydon.
Speaker 6: Donald Guyden was on the field during the media portion with a helmet with pads on, going through some individual drills and Tyler Guyden was listed as a limited participant. So first practice backs and suffering that concussion a couple of weeks ago, So.
Speaker 9: That's good news there. Donovan Wilson, let's answer Kyle Yeoman's question. Donovan Wilson is not doing well. Okay, not one injury, but two, but.
Speaker 6: Tools those in that he's for Donovan Wilson, He's dealing with both an elbow issue and a knee issue. He did not participate in Wednesday's practice and based upon that, in addition to the signing of Julius Will.
Speaker 10: To the practice squad, I'm inclined.
Speaker 9: To believe Donovan Wilson will likely miss this game against the Carolina Panthers. Now we'll see, Yeah, we will see what Thursday and Friday's practice reports look like. But I think you should go ahead and que what Marquise bell a lot of pathers and then you have a lot of limiteds of Doron Bland's shoulder. He's dealing with something, but he practiced, so did Jadeveon Clowney with a help.
Speaker 10: Johnny Cornelius knee. These are limited guys, by the way.
Speaker 9: Treyvon Diggs knee, James Houston knee, Marshawn Kneeling back at practice.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: Marshaan Kneeland had the ankle injury that propped up last week that ultimately made him inactive against the against the Jets. He's back at practice. Good news for Marshawn Kneelan Miles Sanders knee and ankle. He was limited. He returned to practice as well. Tyler Smith kind of important guy. Yeah, limited, he did.
Speaker 3: He was back out.
Speaker 9: He did some work yesterday at practice. And one year Thomas He's dealing with a minor ankle issue. He was limited. So for the most part, yes, this list sounds extremely long, but when you look at how many limiteds there are, there were a lot of guys that either returned to practice or just kind of got scaled back a little bit to make sure that they're available going forward. But some real positives here, especially with Ceedee Lamb Cavante In as far as out looking forward to the Commanders, that's a much more pivotal game. Every game matters, especially when you're two two and one. So by all means, I'm saying handle the Panthers. Yeah, but statistically speaking, as far as standings goes, objectively, the Commander's game is more important.
Speaker 3: It's very important. Every game is important, like.
Speaker 6: You said, especially after you drop the one to the Eagles. Yeah, so now you're won and one. You don't want to be one and two in the division.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and one would be great.
Speaker 7: You also don't want to take what the Depth did against the Jets for granted, Yeah, I know we talk about.
Speaker 3: It the Jets.
Speaker 7: It's the Jets, but what they did last week, you can't just bet that that will happen again. Granted this is not as important as the Washington Commander's game.
Speaker 8: You still want o still a good performance. It's still very important. You need to be in that win column more often than not. Apparently to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So just to rerun that down, because there was a lot on that list.
Speaker 5: Out of the d NPS, it's Tyler Booker, Ceedee Lamb, Jack Samborg, Cavati Turpin, and Donovan Wilson. The limited were Doron Bland, Jadavian Clowney, Johnny Cornelius, Drayvon Diggs, Tyler Guyton, James Houston, Marshawn Neeland, Miles Sanders, Tyler Smith, and jan Ye Thomas. And then three full participants that's Jonathan Mingo, Kaylin Carson, Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 6: That seems like a lot and are still in their twenty one day practice window.
Speaker 3: You say seat belt was full. He was a full participant in practice.
Speaker 8: We're supposed to buckle up this week too, he says.
Speaker 3: Rico down.
Speaker 10: George Pickens says, the cowboys are always buckled up.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about that real quick?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Kenny Smith response, Kenny Clark, that was my favorite response to the of yesterday and go through it.
Speaker 8: Uh So, I don't have the exact quote in front of me, but you.
Speaker 3: Can find it.
Speaker 7: It was basically like that he hasn't gone against the defense like us, and he's gonna see it on film.
Speaker 8: Like you know, he says something before that, we're up ahead.
Speaker 6: That's he's pretty much like chill out man, he said. Quote, Man, he got to back it, he got to back it up. Yeah, I'm not much in the talking. They ain't play nobody like us. We ain't play them. So he'll watch the film and he'll see what he's up against.
Speaker 7: If he watches that Jets film in particular, yeah, he'll he'll probably.
Speaker 8: Can you treat it a gander, buddy?
Speaker 3: Can you translate that first line for us?
Speaker 8: Please translate?
Speaker 9: We bring it back up. I clicked off of it, he said. Man, man, he got to back it up.
Speaker 3: Please translate that in different cultures. Can we say that on the air? Yeah, I translate that about you guys.
Speaker 8: Give me a shot.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go some cultures.
Speaker 6: I say you bury, chill out bucko, another coolier Jets.
Speaker 5: Buddy, settle down, simmer down, simmer down if you will, and other cultures your horses take a seat, chief.
Speaker 3: And other cultures will be like, oh yeah, that's it. Oh yeah, like that's it. Simply put just.
Speaker 8: Who coy Isaiah would go okay.
Speaker 6: In the same face, and there's new generation. That's bet Yeah. You know so say less.
Speaker 8: Yeah, say us stand on business.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I oh really I love the confidence from Kenny Clark, I really do.
Speaker 8: It's quiet confidence, He's not, it's out there.
Speaker 3: It's a solid confidence. Two things here.
Speaker 5: One, whenever it comes to rush defense and stopping the run. Up to this point, Dallas has been decent in that category up until their most recent matchup where they allowed Breese Hall to do what Breese Hall did, averaging eight yards of carry.
Speaker 3: So I guess if Rico Dabble does watch the.
Speaker 5: Film, he's going to see Breese Hall running all over the Dallas defense.
Speaker 3: So there's one thing.
Speaker 5: The second thing is he's saying we've never or the Panthers have never faced a defense like the Cowboys. The Panthers have faced the Jaguars, the Cardinals, the Falcons, the Patriots, and the Dolphins, all five of those teams. Because all thirty one other teams in the NFL currently rank better than the Cowboys defense. So it's not like the statistics are backing it up. Why is that the confidence level from Kenny Clark?
Speaker 3: You know he's going to do.
Speaker 6: I hit this conversation with a couple of followers esterday on Twitter, fun conversation, sobar this is not Philly Green literally sat but nonetheless so there was there were a couple of things.
Speaker 5: People say the same thing when I wear North Texas by the way, which, by the way, tomorrow I will be wearing North Texas, you know, because they have a big game this week.
Speaker 3: Also collegiate Friday, when we.
Speaker 9: Valid point made by Kyle valid point that was shared by some fans who asked me they said, hey, no, see why is Kenny Clark acting as if the Cowboys defenses is you know, world beaters?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 9: I agree, they have not been, but I say shrink it to what Kenny Clark, his responsibilities and those right next to him are.
Speaker 3: They've been good?
Speaker 10: Right when you talk about Kenny Clark, also DIGGI zoo Solomon Thomas.
Speaker 9: You can talk about the secondary struggling all the day. You could talk about the defensive ends struggling probably to the Jets game, all the livelong day, and you would be correct in doing so. But prior to the Jets game, there's no way in hell you were going to convince me that Kenny Clark was having a mid or bad season that OsO or Sally were having a mid or bad season.
Speaker 3: So I feel like Kenny.
Speaker 9: Clark while his comment was expensive and he's saying this defense it was PC right right. He doesn't want to just say, well, you got to go against me. No, he's saying against the unit.
Speaker 6: But realistically speaking, Rico is going to have a challenge going up against Kenny Osa and Sally. My only question is can the defensive ends contribute to stop the Rico?
Speaker 7: So sorry, We've talked about it so many times, and that, like Kyle, feels like we're in the upside down when you refer to the Dallas Cowboys interior defensive line as the best unit on the.
Speaker 3: Team, strangers on the Dosh.
Speaker 5: The only part of the team that feels good right now is defensive tackle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and compared to the last I don't know, five years, it's that has not been the case.
Speaker 6: No, no interruption, bulletin board material changes everything. Yes, So that's essentially what Kenny Harker is saying.
Speaker 3: He said, you go watch the film.
Speaker 6: Cool, that's awesome, you can see our effort, But like you just put a target on your back. It probably just wasn't a good idea, you know, just just coach Belichick used to drive that into us, like say nothing, which you understand why he's so mute now and interviews and why his players have always been relatively PC and mute are always.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you guys are always college level. You know, he doesn't really talk for himself there, but.
Speaker 6: You know, always giving kudos to the to the opposition, you know, kind of gassing them up, you know, light the flame a little bit, just in a positive sense, pat him on the back, bulletin board material. It brings out that inner dog, it does. It brings out the inner dog. And when you are in the backfield and you can't block for yourself, you.
Speaker 8: Might not want to say that. Sergeant says, you lead your last haul.
Speaker 3: It is a good ones. It's not a good idea. Look.
Speaker 9: And I'll put it this way because the conversation that went on on Twitter, it was again, it was a good fruitful, spirited, spirited sure. Because I want everyone to understand I still have a lot of love for Rico, and I quote tweeted the initial tweet after his two hundred yard game and I said, I love Rico and I love that he's talking his stuff.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 9: But you got you've got to you've got to produce after you do that. Now Here that here's September seventh against the Jaguars, twelve rushing yards, nine rushing yards against the Cardinals, thirty rushing yards against the folks, say it's feeling himself, thirty two rushing yards against the Patriots, and then the career best two hundred and six yards against the Dolphins. One of those things is not like the other.
Speaker 5: I still want to give him credit, though, because when you look at and I have big facts.
Speaker 3: Out there, we're not taking credit away.
Speaker 6: We're saying the bulletin board material nowhere. It's emotional Paul Thomas about five running backs. Want of five running backs to have two hundred rushing yards in a game.
Speaker 5: Over the last five seasons. So he deserves to have a little bit of confidence there. But to say what he said and to completely turning around, this is the direct quote for those that haven't heard it already. They've got to buckle up, stand on that.
Speaker 3: That was just meeting. They've got a very physical game. On my end.
Speaker 5: I take pride in that buckle, the chin straps tight, and I will be coming, is what he said after the fact. But in the moment he said, buckle up. They know what's coming. They didn't keep me out there for five years for no reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the coach the first thing is what he said. It's like, yeah, now the coaching staff got with him. He tried to he tried to backtrack, woke that back a little bit and true and like you said, credit to him for getting two hundred plus yards.
Speaker 9: That's not an easy feat he needed against other NFL players.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 10: But again, one of those things is not like.
Speaker 6: He wrote that statement in sharpie. It's not in dry erase marker. It's in sharpie. Once it's out there, it's out there. Bro, your old line is not world beaters?
Speaker 3: So do you like that? He kind of backtracked it THEO No, I I don't like. No.
Speaker 5: If you're a competitor, stand on business, business, Yeah, stand on just say with your chest exactly, don't backtrack it.
Speaker 3: That makes it worse, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Because now then you've got Kenny Clark looking at it and saying, oh, we responded, and now you're backtracking it all of a sudden, you want to you see the error of your ways, sip oops.
Speaker 7: Maybe Coach McCarthy two, he's like, oh, well, we're excited to see them, but we're buckled up.
Speaker 8: I was like, all right, all right, right, let's go.
Speaker 3: That's it really is. It was a wild statement from Rico doubtell.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna break down the Carolina Panthers offense though when we come back, because he's not the only weapon on that side of the football. Tetro at McMillan playing well, I had a couple of other guys. Yeah, McMillan, how's my pet cat? I mean, it was everybody's pet cat. To be completely fair, when we come back with more talking Cowboys preview the Dallas defense versus that Carolina offense.
Speaker 11: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations.
Speaker 1: To help you get the job done right.
Speaker 11: We're with you. That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: Where with you?
Speaker 3: Where are you not it?
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 1: You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you up, some great talents, and they got some fight hoping.
Speaker 1: This is the year me too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Travis.
Speaker 3: Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 6: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 3: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 6: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Corpywright, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 8: Bank of America Corporation. I'm home.
Speaker 6: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Hey can you hey?
Speaker 10: Hon?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine.
Speaker 3: Wow, isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 12: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident PAC ten more towers. Restrictions and exclusions apply at dot com slash Guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys, this segment has brought to you by invisil Line, the official Smile with the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: So glad you're with us here on this Thursday.
Speaker 5: Remember we did flip this week and we will continue this schedule for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: On Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Wednesday will be our opponent defensive preview Dallas offense versus opponent Defense. Then Thursday will be our opponent offense versus the Dallas defense. Flipping from what the schedule has been in the past. We still have Talking Tuesdays, we still have Reaction Mondays, and we still have say It with Chest Fridays. So nothing changes on the other side, And of course we've got get your popcorn ready, the newest segment here on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Dot Com, most importantly the week.
Speaker 5: That's coming up today. Actually, I can springle that whenever I want. I'm just kind of like a flider. I'm going to slide it in wherever I wherever it just fits in the best throughout the season, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Gotta find you, gotta wait for your blocks to develop, and you got to pound it all right, just like the drum against Carolina, Keep pounding, keep pounding.
Speaker 3: See all right?
Speaker 5: When we were talking about Rico Dowdele, his confidence level was certainly very high after two hundred and six yards of rushing last week, and for good reason against probably the worst run defense in the National Football League. But there are other weapons on that offense, Isaiah, there are outside of Rico Dowdle. How would you rank their next three weapons? One, two, and three.
Speaker 3: That you've made a like a hog noise today and then.
Speaker 6: What a lot of police academy that was a that was a Tim Allen like film improvement.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the receivers. Man.
Speaker 6: You know you got Ted McMillan, you got Exambula, get I like both of those guys, Hunter rinfor I like, I respect him. He hasn't necessarily done much this year, but I respect his game. So they have a nice little trifecta over at receiver. Tommy Tremble, to me, is one of the most undervalued and underrated tight ends in the game.
Speaker 3: I liked him out of college. I like him a lot.
Speaker 6: I would notre Dame love to see him here if he was ever if he was ever opposed. We've got a pretty good tight end, No, we do. But I like Tommy Trimble. I like, I love spand for it. He's underutilized as well. But yeah, so Tremble is a weapon that that's underutilized, so they might not use him. But right now they've got the guys on the outside, they got the young receiving corps. They've invested a lot at that receiver position. First round picks for two of their guys. They're big, they're you know, big fellas, they're long arms, they're both physical, they both can run. I mean, you got to pick your poison whenever you want to decide to go up there and press them. I think we've learn our lesson in terms of pressing. First round receivers that are six three and above. It doesn't end well, did not in will not in twenty twenty five. So I think that strategy in terms of playing more zone is going to be beneficial with a pass rush this week because their quarterback is not it a hass rush.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because their quarterback is not it.
Speaker 6: Man, I know they have invested a lot into him.
Speaker 3: Nobody, no, my friend. Yeah, it's been bad. It's pretty bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's bad. What's bad.
Speaker 3: Decision making is bad, Mike Jackson, confidence is bad.
Speaker 5: Arm talent, Like I felt like he's he's degressed. I don't see it really since he came into the league. I mean, look at I mean, even next gen stats had a mark on it. Bryce Young is eight and twenty five as a that's a record eight wins twenty five losses in his career. That's the fifth lowest quarterback win percentage since nineteen fifty with a minimum of three or of thirty starts.
Speaker 3: It sounds this is bad. I mean, it's not good. Now.
Speaker 5: The talent around him hasn't been there as well. But when you look at his.
Speaker 3: They put some talent around, no doubt, they've drafted some guys.
Speaker 5: But Young has a sixty percent completion percentage, five point seven passing yards per attempt, which is the lowest in the league, and it's seventy seven point six passer rating.
Speaker 7: Is it just confidence? Is it he's just scared to throw deep? Or you're just you're saying that the zip is not there, just out there you want to talk about. I don't think Rico having a tuner of yard game. Do you know why Rico had a turn of yard game? Bryce Young had two turnovers in the first quarter. He had a fumble that he literally came out off of play action, saw defensive end in front of him, and just just the ball just fell out like it was dogging on glitter sparkles out of a troll.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: I know you didn't know where you were going there, But when he said raids.
Speaker 3: That landed, I love it.
Speaker 7: Literally I saw the emptiness in his eyes as he it and then he just said it, and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, yeah, I wanted to go there, and I had love That's literally what it like.
Speaker 3: Like you ever seen a troll get scared like that happened, So that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 8: I love that.
Speaker 6: And then like the next series, he comes back and Exavier leg Get on a deep en route. He just overthrows them for interceptions, and he said, all right, bro, let's just take the ball out of your hands and give it to Rico.
Speaker 3: That's how that happened, legit.
Speaker 5: I it's really the curious case of Bryce Young. He just never has had the confidence. He's never had the the and like you said, they're starting to put talent around him, uh huh, but he cannot figure it out and find that that same level of oomph that he had at the collegiate level.
Speaker 3: They have, they have a solid receiver cord like with depth. He's so not just starters like their depth pieces are decent. Yeah, he's easily panicked. Yeah, he is his pocket presence.
Speaker 6: And then I mean, like you said, his offensive line, same guys who have to block Farrico, by the way, they're just they're not really protecting him. I mean he's been sacked nine times and this is just with teams playing straight up. But then you know, every once in a while they'll send an extra guy. They only blitz him like twenty five percent of the time, right, So the other three times you can get pressure on them with just your front four. Yeah, and then once you get that pressure on him, Oh man, he's coming off that first read and he's panicing quickly. This is a The Carolina Panthers are really a quarterback away from being a competitive team. Like they really are, Like they have a lot of talent in terms of the skill positions.
Speaker 3: They should have invested there the first try. And I think this is the last year for Bryce. They will be the Mona.
Speaker 6: They will make a huge investment into a quarterback of the future because there's no way that you have this much talent at receiver.
Speaker 3: They have four receivers that can all contribute.
Speaker 8: Mc millan. We've talked about him filing.
Speaker 6: He is able to get Hunter renfro. They got Jimmy Horn Junr. Like they got some dudes, man, you mean they have some dudes. Add in the tight ends. They add in the running backs like they solid it's a quarterback. So get after him, fluster.
Speaker 3: Him, you know, troll them.
Speaker 7: Well, if you're looking at the success that they had last week, obviously wasn't due to price Young was the running game and zone run game is their bread and butter. They but they found their success last week with the I'm gonna use this term correctly GAT scheme concepts now and I'm using Layman's terms to sort of explain this. But it's blocking either at the A or B gaps, combo block AIRB gaps, and having a lot of faith in wide receivers to run block for you as well. You saw that a lot, and I really like Brady Christensen in that sense because they were running running a lot to his side, the number two overall ranked guard in the NFL, according to pff uh An Rico was eating eating up last.
Speaker 6: Their wide bodies up front. Yeah, they're there's slower, they don't have great feet, but their wide bodies and their combo blocks are tight. Like they when they decided to take yeah, the center center in their guard or a tackle on their guard. Whenever they decide to go shoulder to shoulder, there's no there's no room. You can't even get a piece of paper between those shoulder pass So those guys, if they get on one person, you know, whether that's osa, whether that's why.
Speaker 3: Am I blanking out on everybody?
Speaker 6: Solomon Clark, any Clark, like, those guys are gonna move most likely they're gonna do a good job. Of moving that individual out the way, which you can't allow is for them to move that individual and come off of that combo and get up to your second level. So that's that's where that's what you have to deal with up front. They do a good job of those combo blocks, but outside of that, there's not a lot. I respect the heck out the head coach. I had time with him in Seattle. I know he's a He's a brilliant offensive mind.
Speaker 5: And you like his concepts whenever it comes to passing very layered concepts that you see.
Speaker 3: Them continuing to employ. They do it all the time. Saw last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those layered concepts or something that I know you've harped on before.
Speaker 7: No, to kind of get back to the recon conversation really quick. Why are they not at this point starting their back cup. I don't even know who their backups are. Andy, you wouldn't trust him over Bryce Young right now.
Speaker 3: I think it's you give him a shot, you give him the I mean, so you're.
Speaker 8: Saying they should give him a shot.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, saying Bryce Young. Okay, you're trying to get him to click. You're trying to get him to figure it out and throwing Andy Dalton in there would would ultimately just totally negate that all that's waving the white flag, that's conceding defeat whenever it comes to me trying.
Speaker 3: To give him a click, or or to not put out enough film to just moving on, Yeah, to show that it's the end of the era.
Speaker 5: I think if they were competitive, like let's say the Panthers instead of being two and three or two and four after this week, let's say they're four and two or five and one, it's something like that, then I think, well, one, Bryce Young would probably be playing better. Two the you would probably think about it. If he's not playing better, then you would get a guy like Andy Dalton to fill the void and kind.
Speaker 3: Of be there for Bryce Young. But no, he's there.
Speaker 5: He's their guy. They're going to stick with it through thick or than and see what happened.
Speaker 3: I think they get halfway through the season and then they flip it and they make the decision.
Speaker 6: What would the record have to win? They did it last year, well last year. Last year they pulled him last year for Andy Dalton. They sat him down, They sat him down, let Andy Dalton come in, and then they brought him back in.
Speaker 3: That's a mass we see there.
Speaker 9: The thing is, to your point, though, they're approaching the halfway point of the season effective after this game. So after this game, I mean, after this game, you'll beat You have two more weeks or trade deadline and then trade downline.
Speaker 10: It's basically midseason. So that's what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like, so if the Cowboys get close, if the Cowboys can have to go off on him like they did justin fields, then you if you're the Panthers, you're really starting to have that conversation. But I just it all goes back to what everybody is saying on this panel, which is Bryce Young, he panics easily. He doesn't have the offensive line protection. Yeah, we love to give Rico, rightfully his roses for the two hundred yard game, but the Dolphins have one of the worst run defenses in the league. Also, keep in mind, it took that game from Rico Dado for his numbers to look respectable, because even after that game, per Next Gen Stats, his first downs over expectation even after that game is zero zero. His yards after contact, even after a two hundred and six yard game is one point three. So this is telling me a couple of things. Number one, that game being a massive, massive outlier in and of itself. If you take that game and you roll it into every other game, put it in a pot, he's not able to get going. And then when you get hands on him this season, when you get hands on him, he's probably going down easier than he did in a Cowboys uniform.
Speaker 10: And if so, we love Euko. But again, one of those.
Speaker 3: Things is still not like this.
Speaker 7: I don't know because a lot of this was a large part and due to the fact that they're playing the Dolphins, and if we're using the Jets as an excuse to how well we played last week, they played the Dolphins up broken team whose confidence level is I've got your.
Speaker 8: Pig, sure, I'm coming with it. It's an all time low. All right, it's not good. They're a broken team. I did that one for you, buddy, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Dallas is right there with mostically all right, when we come back, it is time for a little bit of lab coat with Patrick.
Speaker 3: No, see Walker, Patrick, we got today.
Speaker 9: We are going to talk about this defense. We're sitting here talking about the defense. Let's talk more about this defense. Let's talk about some advanced metrics from what they did against the Jets, and let's see if they can replicate that against Herical.
Speaker 3: When we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 8: I'm home.
Speaker 6: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Hey, can you ahn?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 1: Here's your wine.
Speaker 3: Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 12: That's why if there's a network interruption at and he will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime last and twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. The strictions in exclusion apply. He att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 13: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would.
Speaker 1: You, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 5: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 13: But what's the right gift that's says thanks for.
Speaker 1: Being the soldier to cry out?
Speaker 13: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a del Pepper. Nothing says thanks, goog better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys alongside Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez stand back, Chris Beam in the back. We are brought to you by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomans. It is time for some yes science, time for lab Coat.
Speaker 9: So this morning, after we wrap this the best Cowboys podcast on the planet, on the dot com, you will see this week's edition of Science Lab, Who's posted by my guy comic Guess. So, I'm going to give you guys some key stats, some key science from the upcoming Science Lab that will drop in a couple hours.
Speaker 10: But you have to promise me that you're still going to read it. But you're going to read it. I know you are because I flesh everything out there. So let's talk about it.
Speaker 9: We talked about Rico obviously Cowboys, you know, interior defensive line versus Rico Let's let's go back to this Bryce Young conversation though. Okay, so we talked about Bryce Young being easily panic. Let's talk about what the Cowboys we're able to do against justin fields. These are per next Gen stats. The Cowboys defense recorded a pressure rate of fifty one percent, give or take against the Jets, the highest this season.
Speaker 6: That is sensational. Dallas averaged only two point three two seconds to generate that pressure.
Speaker 10: How long? Two point three two seconds?
Speaker 3: It's not very lost, it's crazy.
Speaker 9: Whoa, it's over? Yeah, one two you tackled. That was the fastest this season for the Cowboys defense. Cowboys had twelve how many twelve separate defenders who recorded at least one pressure in that game against the Jets?
Speaker 3: Twelve out of how many total? Out of fourteen? Whoa? Why does he have? Bundy?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Twelve twelve?
Speaker 9: All of that to say, and I'll add this little tippt, especially for those that are wondering, it is two point three two seconds really fast.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's fast.
Speaker 6: And also the average time to throw to this point for Bryce Young has been two point seventy five seconds. Okay, So if the Cowboys can replicate and get to Bryce Young with nearly half a second faster than he's already used to seeing, and he's panicking at two and a quarter seconds. You see where this is going. I see what you're doing there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So if the Cowboys defense can show up against Bryce the way they showed up against Justin Fields, then this game will be well out of hand.
Speaker 10: At halftime, we have Kyle Yeoman's with a question.
Speaker 5: I have a question, Yes, Kyle, what's the confidence level that they can do that a second week in row after they did not do that through the first four games.
Speaker 6: I feel confident because I feel like all it took was for it to happen so that they could have the confidence that they could do it. And now it's just about doing it again because through the first four weeks it was constantly and I mean analysts were on them as well, we were, and I'm sure they were hard on themselves also, where it's like, Okay, we're trying to get this, we're trying to get this, we're trying to.
Speaker 9: Get this, but it's not until you have that breakthrough. And then you have that breakthrough and you're like, oh, I can do this.
Speaker 3: You think it was the first Domino to full exactly. I think I can do. It's kind of like trying a format mile.
Speaker 6: Just like sacks come in bunches, wait, hold on for the longest.
Speaker 3: Nobody could break the four minute mile.
Speaker 6: Oh, everybody, it happens. Then it happens, right, So what's that ceiling? Once you break through that ceiling, Like sacks come in bunches. They couldn't get, you know, bunches of sacks. What did they get last week?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 10: Right? So, once you have the breakthrough moment, you tend to be able to replicate it more easily.
Speaker 7: To play Devil's advocate. Come on, we're talking about Rico Daddle having a two hundred yard game. Do it an outlier?
Speaker 8: If you will?
Speaker 7: Was the pass rush last week an outlier for the Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 10: Fair it?
Speaker 8: I'm just being like that, and I disagree with myself.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 10: But here's here's the segue. Here's here's the rebuttal for that.
Speaker 6: The pass rush in and of itself hasn't necessarily been the issue for the Cowboys to the first four weeks.
Speaker 3: It's been the inability to get home.
Speaker 9: The pressures have been there, which if James Houston notwithstanding they've not been able to get home.
Speaker 3: They didn't get home until week five.
Speaker 9: Ric o'dowdo didn't produce at all until week five.
Speaker 3: That's the difference.
Speaker 8: Dante Fowler got a lot of pressures, So.
Speaker 9: That's the difference when you talk about true outliers. The outlier for the Cowboys defense wasn't the pressure itself. They've been getting pressure for five weeks. The outlier was they finally got home. They finally kept containing on a mobile quarterback. The outlier for Rico Dawdle was doing anything this season. And I respectfully because I love Rico, but we're talking science here. Scientifically speaking, he did squat week one through four, and then week five he had a career best game, which he deserves roses four. So the bigger question is you can't reco.
Speaker 8: Replicate science and seatbelts gotta crash.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, check out science lab. This week's drops no later than eleventh a central time.
Speaker 3: Check that out. Do that again. What's that? I don't know what it is. I can't hear it.
Speaker 5: Glitter glitters, Yeah, trollol, You're You're welcome.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable. You were so good at your job that's incredible troll with control with glitter.
Speaker 5: To Isaiah, Isaiah, I can't wait for somebody to like edit a video of that or like super imposed the face on a troll and then bounces office.
Speaker 6: So somebody needs to go listen to all his creative listeners our fan fan out there, if you guys can go find a video in the first quarter of the Carolina game versus the Miami Dolphins where Bryce takes the handoff, comes out and sees the defensive and goes.
Speaker 3: Somebody please make that edit. I would love to have it hilarious, but you can't.
Speaker 5: Speaking of mobile quarterbacks in Bryce Young and the fact that Dallas was able to get home against Justin Fields, part of why they were able to have the five sacks bunches was because the bunches of sacks is because Justin Field stayed in the pocket.
Speaker 3: He did not use his legs the way that he probably tried.
Speaker 5: He tried a couple of times, but for the most part he was pretty staggering him in the pocket. What do you expect out of Bryce Young in that case this week? Do you expect him to use his legs? I would expect hit by a troll. I expect them to haveever quick game, quick passing game. Okay, I expected it to come out. Yeah, I expect the ball to get out of his hands within that two seconds. I expect them versus especially versus his own defense, and we typically run too high shell where we've been playing five, six, seven yards off for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: I expect them to use that to their advantage. They run a lot of mirrored route concepts that were we should be very familiar with what is a mirrored route con So if I have double slants on one side, if I have double slants on the other side, if I you know, if I have quick outs. There's a lot of times when you watch the film where you'll see outside receiver has a five yard out, inside receiver has a five yard out. So if you're playing a too high shell that corners rolled up, okay, so that outside out you might convert to a go route and the inside receiver would just hitch up and take the quick four or five yard high precision pass. They'll use that as their running game. They'll use that as high precision passes to build up the confidence and to keep the chains moving. I don't foresee them doing a bunch of deep shots, even though they're going to because that's what their receivers thrive at. But versus the type of coverage that Dallas typically has, I think that's going to be more difficult for them, especially with the offensive line that they have. And if we're able to to build upon a pass rush that we had last week.
Speaker 7: And as you alluded to in the first segment, you're talking about how the Dallas defense would rely and they would benefit from using their own concepts, which they've done. The reason they wouldn't have successes if the pass rust doesn't get there, if they're not getting.
Speaker 6: Correct So it's a it's a if the our defense double instant grits. Yeah, if you don't get home and you allow you know, obviously you allow him to have time. These big receivers, he's gonna give it. He's gonna give them opportunity. Right eighteen yards eighteen twenty yard range, those guys are gonna be across the middle to field, those guys are gonna be They know, they do a really good job of running corner routes versus two high shales, and he understands the conceptually, he understands it. Bryce young does. I think he's a smart quarterback, he just hasn't been a productive quarterback.
Speaker 9: I think you also need to add into the effect of the equation. I should say personnel, because one year Thomas was one of the key reasons that Justin fields when he was able to try to break contain. For example, there was that instance where, like I said yesterday, one year plate just deep enough to delete the middle crosser, but just shallow enough to keep him keep Justin fields from racing to the pipeline. One year, Thomas's speed is on the field, and then Donovan Wilson if he misses, you're gonna have Marquise Bell on the field as well. So in factor personnel into to this equation as well. And Maris does a really good job of being underneath coverage as well. Hawaiian Punch, we convinced Maryusley a foul nicole, and I convinced Marresley a foul to rubber stamp the Hawaiian Punch nickname.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, did you give credit?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I couldn't remember who it came from, but I will say Social Social, hold on, hold on credit to Kyle Yeomans. Social came to me yesterday after they saw my tweet about us getting him to rubber stamp.
Speaker 10: It, and they were like, oh, that was so great, Like where'd you.
Speaker 9: Get that from? I was like, I don't remember, but I'm not taking credit for it. Like you gonna as socials like I can't take credit for it, but I can't.
Speaker 8: Somebody go ky yomar, I will.
Speaker 9: I will make sure this is a reply credit on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that they.
Speaker 8: Be your own people.
Speaker 3: Sometime, be your own people. He doesn't.
Speaker 7: Literally I heard him trying to accept speedspeeds this thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like this guy's just got all our all our fans. He's a Liam cum science.
Speaker 3: Don't and tweets right now. Please our tweet X.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you call it now anyways, go out there and x on X and post it. Please say k y I got you, No jail, I got you. It's responsible all are go and make for the Hawaiian punk. Y'all gonna makee pull a Jerry and mistake my thumb.
Speaker 3: For a different.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 9: I literally told him I can't accept credit, but I couldn't remember what it came from.
Speaker 3: At least you didn't accept credit.
Speaker 9: I never accept credit for something that come up with not ever, ever, ever, ever, So credit to Kyle Yeomens for the fantastic name. The follow through was we were able to get him to agree to it so officially his wife. And so when you see that nickname start plopping up on Cowboys social media started with Kyle Yomans.
Speaker 6: On the first word, negotiated by Yeah, Kyle Yeomans on the first word. It's timestamp.
Speaker 3: It was either the first word or ot.
Speaker 7: It was one of this, one of it was minutes after one of our five postgame shows.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys, Kyle Yomans put the offer on the table. Nicole Hutchinson and I negotiated the deal and then we're.
Speaker 3: Glad you negotiated. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Now it's funny.
Speaker 5: You were gonna go upstairs and gonna be like, oh, Kyle came up with it, and everybody's gonna be like, what a stupid nickname?
Speaker 10: Look at this, gregor that you're not paying attention.
Speaker 3: Greg, I just told you I refused credit.
Speaker 6: I just told you that are they are they?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 9: Wild for trying to I'm taking credit for is getting him to agree to it.
Speaker 3: They hear you, but they're not listening. They're not they're not listening. They can hear you, but they're not listening. They're not.
Speaker 5: Oh man, tomorrow we will have our say it with your chest, your dog, all right, I want to say my stat of the week to tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna talk about it a little bit next Friday episode.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a Friday episode. The first segment will be news and notes, followed by kwistat of the week, and then we'll have uh here we go, get your prop corn already. I didn't hear you on the next only off Friday to hear you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear that the next only. I gotta say it with our chest. That's right. You let that talk with meet.
Speaker 10: Out, Oh dear.
Speaker 3: All right. We'll be back tomorrow for Patrick No c. Walker, Isaiah's stand back, Chris be to the back.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us here on this Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, but I'll see you tomorrow with more.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.