Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of the Friday, was there lessons that you know because let me if I'm wrong. Was there issues with Warner brother because they owned the franchise?
Speaker 4: Right, Warner Brothers, they are they they distribute the franchise. So they distributed the first one, and it has in the contract that they have the right to distribute each one.
Speaker 3: So what were there issues trying to make more Fridays? Like they have to approve something before you could actually make a Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so talk about that.
Speaker 4: Well, we you know, we did the first one and and I wasn't gonna do another one. After that, they approached me, could you want to think? Could you think of another one? So I said yeah, and then I approached Chris Tucker. He didn't want to do it, so I was like, oh, okay, this is kind of throw a little monkey wrench in the movie.
Speaker 5: So so we did it next my Gaps. That was great. People loved it. Then we did Friday at the next.
Speaker 4: And then they asked me to write a fourth one and I wrote and they.
Speaker 5: They had an issue because.
Speaker 4: Craig and Day they ends up in jail from selling weed, you know, and finally end up in jail, and dee Bo and the Joker Brothers is trying to you know what I mean, they in jail too, so they're trying to you know, trying to you know, stab them up and ship so they just was like, Jail's not funny. You know, nobody, nobody's gonna laugh about being in jail.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you're ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Like then all these movies come out like Oranges, New Black and and Let's Go to Jail and Life Life and you know, Get Hard and all this shit, and I'm like, okay, so y'all definitely don't know what y'all talking about. So I just kind of, you know, that was in twenty thirteen, you know, so I just kind of stopped paying attention to him. Then they asked again, they begged again for me to write another one.
Speaker 5: So I come a right one to fit. This time won't be about jail.
Speaker 4: And they loved it, but they just had these little notes that they kept trying to change things, trying to change it, and I'm like, dude, you guys do not know what needs to go on a Friday movie. Like, stop pretending like you guys are smart when it comes.
Speaker 5: To this shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, I know it, I know it's gonna work. I know it's not gonna work. And they just kept messing around. No one knows, back and forth, back and forth. You know, six months of this shit and then John Witherspoon passed away, so they like just fucked around till the man passed away and then Tiny passes away. A. J.
Speaker 5: Johnson.
Speaker 4: It's like the movie We're gonna go back on the block. And so you know, I've been trying to get it, get control of the franchise.
Speaker 5: Since then.
Speaker 3: So you essentially essentially you wrote to you actually wrote two more Fridays. Yeah, and that's never came out. Yeah, obviously. Yeah, So you say you're trying to get control of the franchise. How do you go about trying to get control of the franchise?
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, of course appealing to their superiors on you know, their basically sleeping on money.
Speaker 2: Is like a buyout thing.
Speaker 5: Maybe like if you pay, you can not I'm not. I'm not. I'm not gonna pay for it. I'm not gonna pay. You know.
Speaker 4: What they need to do is let me control it and they'll make a lot of money, but they're not gonna make it.
Speaker 5: So you're open to doing another one.
Speaker 4: I'm open to saying if another one can be done.
Speaker 6: While you're doing that, while that's happening, there's still other franchises being created that you're involved in Yeah, right, so barbershop, Yeah, it is right there. You have the RDA yet yeah, and so now you're like entrenched in family households. I wanted what that experience was like for you from boys and hood to that point, Like there's a generation where it's like, oh, ice Cube, the guy who makes the kid movies, like I grew up. Ice Cube was the dude that was telling us that. And I was like, yeah, I'm with this, I'm with this. So how's that transition? Because we earners? What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, Like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded. In over one hundred thousand and illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Don't see people grow, right, we don't see our artists grow, we don't see them evolve, and we don't see them have these moments. So what was that transition like for you?
Speaker 4: It's amazing, you know, to be able to sustain love in families, and like, once I realized my fans, my core fans, were having kids and their kids was in elementary and junior high, I felt like, Okay, It's time to do something to to make sure I'm still cool in this household, that household or whatever. The last thing, I want you to look at your kid and be like ice cute, you should? You should look him up. He used to be He used to be cool.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. We used to rock him, you know, he used to used to use to record.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 4: Didn't want to be that guy, you know, I wanted I wanted the kids to know who I was. So the way to do that is to do a movie that they love and that's always gonna get played, like see, are we there yet?
Speaker 5: The kids grow.
Speaker 4: Up, they love it, but they outgrow it, but then there's always new kids coming up who their parents is like, Yo, sick of you bugging me? Stick you in front of a movie. Put in already there yet? So the love is generated, you know what I'm saying. With each with these generation that watched that movie, they end up growing up and then they reach a point where they discover my music they discover my my other movies and stuff.
Speaker 5: So it's.
Speaker 4: It's a way to reach rejuvenate fans and to make sure that that the youngsters know who you are and they're not just relying on you should have heard death certificate, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You should have heard today was a good day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've done something very unique inside of that too, and that's provided opportunities so that that's the first time we see Eve in the movie, the first time we see Nicki Humanaj in that type of throw. You were super intentional about that, like, given opportunities to people, especially in the rep world.
Speaker 4: If they're great, you know what I mean, if they're good, if they if they have a personality that I think people want to see more of. Yeah, you know, it's really all about being the right person for the role.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't know they was all gonna work out, you know what I mean, never know how it's gonna be when they when they actually audition or they come on set. But yeah, I want to give people a shot that that Hollywood may be overlooking.
Speaker 3: So speaking of Hollywood screenwriters, they're on strike right now. And this goes back to the web three conversation where somebody told me, you know, I just do. I started to thinking about it, and I'm like, they might not have as much leverage this time because of chat GBT, And it's like, well, if I can have a computer writer script in a day, then I don't necessarily need a screenwriter.
Speaker 5: What's your thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you know, it's something that's very real and it can happen. Yeah, you can have a computer write to a script in a day, but you know, at the end of the day, will it be as as real as a person writing it.
Speaker 5: Will they have that feel to it?
Speaker 4: Who knows? You know, it's a it's a new world. That's why they don't strike, you know, they want to, you know, curve it in some ways.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The worst thing is for them to tell the studios not to do it, but then they go home and do it when it's time for them to turn in that spread.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: You know, at the end of the day, you know, technology is here. Everybody got to make an adjustment. I don't know if I want all my entertainment to you know, come from an artificial source, you know, I mean, just check.
Speaker 1: Out an illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,