Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Are you struggling to find the right candidates. Maybe you're juggling to demands of running your business and hiring, whether you need to fill a position yesterday, or are trying to find someone with the perfect skills.
Speaker 3: Hiring can be tough.
Speaker 4: I get it, and let's face it's hard.
Speaker 2: To keep everything running smoothly when you're busy sorting through resumes. Thankfully, there's a place you can go for help, ZipRecruiter. ZipRecruiter does the work for you to make hiring fast and easy and right now. You can try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash draymond. ZipRecruiter is the hiring sight that employers trust the most. According to G two, How quickly does zip recruiter get your job in front of the right candidates instantly? Plus their powerful match in tech helps you find top talent fast, saving you both time and money. Experience faster, easier hiring With zip rerecruiter. Four out of five employers who post on a ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day.
Speaker 4: See for yourself.
Speaker 2: Just go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash draymond right now to try it for free.
Speaker 4: That's the same price.
Speaker 2: As a genuine smile from a stranger, a picture perfect sunset, or a cute dog running up to you and licking your hander. Try for free at this exclusive web address, ZipRecruiter dot com slash Draymond Again, that's ZipRecruiter dot com slash Draymond zip recruiter the smartest way to hire. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with My Dog BD. We got a special We got a special episode for y'all today.
Speaker 4: And even before BD.
Speaker 2: Came and made this show special, I would always talk about this guy as someone who considered themselves and think of themselves as a good basketball man, someone who I like consider like that. I look to as like one of the most brilliant basketball monds that the game has ever seen, and I spoke about one to have him on the podcast. He's a two time champion, sixteen year NBA VET, four time NBA All Star, two time NBA All Defense First Team, two time NBA All Defense Second Team, led the league in assists for three seasons, was the Steels leader, once one of the best point guards to play the game, and when you when you keep it too real. They try to say that you not what you really are. One of the best point guards we've ever seen, graced this game, no nother Dan, the one and only Rayjon Rondoe, Welcome.
Speaker 4: To the show.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that, man, Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Love absolutely absolutely, man, abd, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta piggyback off that intro.
Speaker 3: Man, I gotta ask some sauce.
Speaker 5: You know, he is the Maestro, the mass scientist, the Einstein, the uh basically the Boskyacht of dictator ship.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, Like, appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Like the way you orchestrate you know, uh, just your style, bro, your style, you a one on one you original, you know what I mean. I've been a fan of you since Kentucky, you know, when you got in the league. You know it was one of the dudes. I hate it the most because with hate comes admiration. You feel what I'm saying, And I just like, I just always watch you play, you know what I mean, because like, like the way the way you orchestrated the game, the way you paint it was just like I love the way you paint it. As an artist, it was just it was just a joy to watch. So, Hall of Famer, I appreciate you being on the show as well, my dad.
Speaker 6: I appreciate y'all man like that. Uh, that type of love gives me chills. Man to hear from the periods and especially guys, I respect you know that most so I appreciate that. I appreciate the love, appreciate the honesty, and let's get it.
Speaker 4: Sha't you coming up? Hey? But let's.
Speaker 2: We are just in our own separate places, just finished washing watching this Bosston Celtics Cleveland Cavaliers game.
Speaker 4: No, what's your what's your thoughts on these two teams that you.
Speaker 2: Know, you had the street going with Cleveland fifteen and oh they going into the defendant champs house. You who's a champion yourself? You know how it is coming off a championship season. Maybe you drop a couple of games here and they're just not locked in right, and you know, so then everybody moves on to the next hot thing that is the Cleveland Cavaliers, and then you know, you see what happened today?
Speaker 4: What do you make of what just happened in these two teams? As this season player?
Speaker 1: There's levels to it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: The champion of what time it was at the crib that wasn't allowed body to come in their crib and you know, make.
Speaker 1: It hard for him.
Speaker 6: Kudos to the Celtics, like they're being prepared, the only team has figured it out so far. So other than that, I'm not surprised, you know that the team that knock.
Speaker 4: Them off bed. What's your thoughts on that game.
Speaker 3: The more I watched Cleveland, the more I like them.
Speaker 5: I just think that they got to just figure out how to make Boston play to their game and their pace, and it's gonna be really predicated on I think Darius Garland in the way Allen played Jared Allen. You know, like they're gonna beat the cornerstones of that team and they're gonna be the ones that's gonna really take a lot of pressure off of Donovan Mitchell and Evan Mobley. But I mean, great matchup when you look at versatility, like intensity, but you know Boston is a bus saw.
Speaker 3: They hard to guard bro.
Speaker 2: Now for sure, and tonight they what they did show you was like at no point in the game where they ever faced and that's that's that's having that chip. It's like, oh they come to here and they think they gonna come here and do this, like these are the games that you get serious for right when you're defending the title, you know what I'm saying, And that that's the game that they got serious for.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: If you're the Cavs, I think one thing that like you look at how the cast finished the game. They finished the game with one big. Their best lineups have two bigs. You know, Todd Jeron finished the game because of what he brings offensively. They don't necessarily trust the Okoros and the Dean Ways offensively against a team like Boston, you know. So when you look at those couple of things, I think you have to take a step back and you quickly realize and not to overreact, but that Cavaliers team is going to quickly realize like, oh okay, we just saw that.
Speaker 4: Now that was something different.
Speaker 2: How we take the next step is how can we how we react to playing a team like that? And so I think overall it's a great matchup though that NBA Cup.
Speaker 1: Series, that environment, that atmosphere. Look at Test one.
Speaker 4: Don't obviously being great that you were there.
Speaker 2: I feel like at one point while you were there and KG and all those guys that left. You were for sure the best play guard in the league and top two or three best players in the league while you're there, and then then you left and it wasn't all love. Do you still feel get to fill in there and get the love there of like that's home for you or do they not necessarily give you that?
Speaker 6: No, They've always given me that, even even after winning chip with the Lakers. You know, they still welcome you home. A lot of workers that were there when I was, you know, back in the day, that's still there. So it's all love, family, a lot of great people that work in the organization.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 5: Man, you are one of the few players to win a championship for the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 1: Lakers. The guy who won Minneapolis Lakers in Boston.
Speaker 3: Was the only one, you know, So you're the only one.
Speaker 1: You know the Lakers. Yeah, I got it two of us.
Speaker 5: So los Angeles Boston championship versus a Los Angeles championship.
Speaker 1: Here you compare it to you can't compare it.
Speaker 6: You know, you can't compare it honestly, because the twenty twenty we were in the bubble, so we didn't get and get a parade, So I only had one parade and that was the most amazing thing that's happened to me in basketball. You know, just that type of love and reaction. How to you know, to see a fan you've seen this year, but to be a part of it, to get on a duckboat go on to.
Speaker 1: Tour, it was amazing. So that's the only opportunity I got to have a parade.
Speaker 6: But that particular time when I won in twenty twenty, you know, my son was in the bubble with me, so that made that moment, you know, that was more special than you win it at.
Speaker 4: Twenty Oh that's the picture behind you.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yep, that's that picture was far bro That's one of the most iconic championship pictures in the history the lea.
Speaker 1: I had no idea he must have been watching.
Speaker 2: So speaking of the bubble, when people try to say it's a bubble championship, is this as someone who's won a championship in the bubble someone who's won a championship out in the bubble?
Speaker 4: How do you compare the two from.
Speaker 2: That aspect of not traveling or being in the bubble, the different challenges or lack there are or you know.
Speaker 6: To me, I enjoyed the bubble because you get to see the guy every day that you walking past. You know, you get to see the enemy. And there's no distractions, you know what I mean. There's no outside you know, there's no hotel flights, and everybody is in one room. There's no excuses. It's check ball, you know, fan, No, there's no advantages. Yeah, it's my best, my five against your best. Vive and figure it out. And you got to obviously the seven games to figure it out. But I love that that mind, that concept. But we go right to the room, then we go to film. We were we was able to learn a lot more during that time than I would say if we were able to, like, you know, go home, practice and get hel distractions, don't think about the game. But in the bubble, that's all you're thinking about obviously. You know, it's like in real life and playoffs and you're on the road. You know, you go home, you think.
Speaker 1: About the game.
Speaker 6: But like when you're in the bubble with everything and every you can go to your boys room, you can talk about it, like and you've got to figure it out on the fly and you.
Speaker 3: See an enemy's every.
Speaker 1: Time, ok, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We had that's crazy.
Speaker 6: In the same place, you know what I mean, We had a couple of meetings to where, you know, things that we're gonna play, so we all we saw each other all the time.
Speaker 1: And I love you. I love that that feeling.
Speaker 2: That's crazy too, because when you play someone that meaningful playoff seats, there's naturally a beef created.
Speaker 4: Like like, it's naturally bro, I don't really like you like.
Speaker 1: You third game for sure, you like man.
Speaker 2: Like you. It's naturally created, and y'all may see each other somewhere years down the road to be like.
Speaker 4: Man, Bro, that was fun and that was crazy.
Speaker 2: But right after, like during that, it's a beef creator in the year, it's like it's a beef like Ronald like you man like because y'all are going after the safe d.
Speaker 4: And it's a tense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved it, you know, I mean, it was it was fun to be a part of.
Speaker 4: That's a whole different mind dude.
Speaker 2: That's why I love you and respect you, bro, because people don't even understand that mind game, bro, Like that's it's guys, and you notice that game in that movement that didn't understand you were playing that mind game like yeah, bro.
Speaker 1: Like come on, man, what were doing.
Speaker 6: I was talking about how me and Brown was looking at the game like it was Boston Miami, and I was like, I got who was at the sound of Stephen brad Steven, he was like he got spoken. So I was like, we were, like I said, we mentally we were preparing, like to go to the war and figure out, Okay, I got to beat this coach and he saying I gotta beat this coach.
Speaker 1: And we knew each other's bag whichever way, whichever rout we took, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So that's why company we was gonna win that bad boy, even before the ball we felt like we were the ones, you know, I mean, we had a hell of a season.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: To talk about your mentality just like the brand you wanted, Like how did you.
Speaker 3: Cook that up? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like did you like growing up? And like you know, who didn't you want to be like?
Speaker 3: And who.
Speaker 1: Crediting bed? I didn't watch basketball growing up.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch basketball growing up. I thought I was an NFL player. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was playing football.
Speaker 6: I was always outside, I was active. I didn't do no no TV watching. I didn't watch no local team, you know what I mean. I didn't watch a little card.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: That's why it wasn't a big differ because I didn't grow up a fan anything. So when I picked up the game and I felt like, Okay, I was good enough to do it. I can do it as a goal, you know what I mean. Like, I didn't grow up in anything like I want to be in. They play grow up No, not like my son's names are. To me, I was just a kid on the street, just having fun and joint sports, being active. When it came that decision, I said, I was exposed to a different lifestyle. Introduced Derek Anderson. He kind of took me on his wing as a mentor.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, that's how you're living, or this is what you're doing every day waking up, Okay, cool and me, we're going to be hard. And Introduced to Mike Bibbie. When I went out to Sacramento for a couple of days worked out and I'm like, damn, this is the life. Okay, cool, let me get to it.
Speaker 6: And after that I kind of put my my hard head on, my heart head on and just worked. I was like, I gotta figure out how to get this. I mean this type of the vacations. I mean, this is all the means to come with it. So that was the goal of mine. That's how I did it.
Speaker 4: How did you know what was right? Though?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: To not watch the game at all, end all the past and said to see the floor the way you see the floor, which is different than just about anybody, and see the floor, how did you figure it out out?
Speaker 6: It sounds crazy. I love the game. I played the game like so, I always play with older kids, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I was the youngest on the court and older brother play, you know, not getting picked up from whatever it's hooping. And then we played growing up, my boys talk about all the time. We walked differ neighborhoods, we played any anywhere everywhere around the city and we just hoo. But as far I was knowledge of the game, my high school coach shout out of Doug baby. He brought me start bringing it down to game down to me as a freshman, and I was like, okay, I was I was frustrated. I hate seeing myself on tape, and I was like, but the tapes was telling the truth. I mean it was it was giving me the answer to the test. So I locked into that, and I was like, Okay, what can I be great?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean I always wanted to have the answer to the test.
Speaker 6: Like my older brother taught me everything you do mathematically, so I wanted to be the first to go to the board the answers. That's how it was in basketball. Okay, the coach is telling me his film is answers. So now I go on the court. I know what you're doing before you know what you're doing in a sense because of your habits. So I just studied and learned and locked that locked in that way and just kept it going ship and just learned the game. And I loved the like the line of Sponge, give me everything you got from all the grades I played with.
Speaker 1: I'm taking a little bit of this, little bit of that and then implementing the guys I played with.
Speaker 6: That's how I love to play with the Cousins in the eighties because I was getting them what I got from Derk Kevin.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, Shack you know jamane O one.
Speaker 6: I was able to get a lot of great information, and like I said, I always just wanted to sow as much as I could from all all of them.
Speaker 7: The NFL c rolling along. The contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed this season is DraftKings sports book and official sports book partner of the NFL. Are friends at the volume. It's the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back breaks through the line, gallop sixty yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: They don't care.
Speaker 7: How you get them. They want to bet on touchdowns and you should at DraftKings the best place to do it if you're ready to place your first bet. Make it simple. A player scoring a touchdown, just go to DraftKings Sportsbook app. Takes ninety seconds, download it, make your pick. Here's a reason new customers do a touchdown. Dance to your own bet five bucks, that's it, and get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins score big. DraftKings Sportsbook number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use the code Colin Cli got to use the code COLI in get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins betting just five bucks only on Draftking the crown is yours.
Speaker 8: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co. Slash ft ball.
Speaker 5: Like when you came intead of league, it's almost like your gay went to a whole like you was called in college?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 3: List Let me bro ya.
Speaker 1: Listen. We had like Paul McDonald No. Three McDonald's Americans, and we bringing about on the court.
Speaker 6: And we can get up the court and go I mean, we had we had some players, but like I said, I didn't you know, he didn't need the hit her.
Speaker 1: There I'm where I am today. I'm thanking for it.
Speaker 6: But like, yeah, we was ready to go and I needed this space and let me go, you know what I mean. But didn't let me do that at first though.
Speaker 5: That's what I was saying. Yeah, that's what I was saying. You came in with with with a chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 1: I was disrespected.
Speaker 5: And on top of that, you have vts, you know what I mean, you had like superstar vets that like you gotta have that, you know what I'm saying, to get they respect, Like talk about that, man, But.
Speaker 6: The crazy thing people ask me that, But I didn't. Man, I didn't grow up a fan of none of them, respect all of the I didn't grow up a fan of.
Speaker 1: Nobody, like you know, the big ticket. I know who the big ticket was, you know, I mean he played Minnesota. I didn't have cable. We don't watch TV. You know, they never I didn't watch see he got games. I didn't really watch brand in Seattle, so I don't. I didn't so I wasn't. I was never in awe of anybody. It was just like, shit, okay, cool, this is what they do well. This is what I do well.
Speaker 6: So and knowing that KG was like he wanted me to stay, I was like, sure, let's get it, you know what I mean, Like I said, I'm gonna earn their respect, but much more portly. I just knew what I wanted to be, you know what I mean, Like, I want to be the great they know you hear this shit about they can't win with a young point guard. Me and Perk got all the disrespect that. So I was like, okay, cool, it's a motivation. I was supposed to be a bus twenty first pick, you know what I mean. So they I got traded to the Boston Think. You know, Thank goodness. That's you know, the way the world works.
Speaker 1: I like work.
Speaker 6: So other than that, I was always motivated, and I always wanted to prove people wrong.
Speaker 1: And I love to shut the motherfucker up, you know what I mean. That's why I love going the road and playing. That's that's the best thing. That one of the best feelings.
Speaker 4: That's the fact shutting that crowd up. Yeah, man, I heard this story before.
Speaker 2: Where your rookie year you got obviously ray KG.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not my rookie year, second year, second year.
Speaker 4: Second year, you got ray KG. Truth. Yeah, at that point, you still the young fella. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They stars, you still the young fella. And I heard there was a point very early in that season where you had to stop and like all three at one time, check them and try to fight them.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I ain't trying to fight.
Speaker 2: Like like just more so like letting them know, like I understand who y'all are, Like not necessarily like yo, I'm trying to fight y'all out at once, but I understand who y'all are. But there's a level of respect to be high here too.
Speaker 6: No, it was it was no, it was never no scenes like that between us really, you know the stuff here about maybe you know me and Ray or whatever the other that, But like, nah, Casey was from the first time we played. You know, we came in early, were spoken on in the championship. We came in like maybe three weeks before training camp started. First pick up, He's yelling screen screen screen, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, damn, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's a night and day difference. He in the paint so now I feel more cumforable, being able to getting to the ball. I ain't got to do this, but I got a nigga behind me talking. I mean, what's going on communication wise. So we've always had a great rapport. I mean, you know we but his just like with all my teammate at the same time, that's all love and for him, he was the one that helped me accountable when I fucked up.
Speaker 1: He was like, hey, I felt like that, ain't it. Or he'd be like, you know what, you got.
Speaker 6: A point stand on that, you know, I mean, so it was kind of like he would still teach me to rose, but also hold me accountable and not let me get away with the bullshit. Other times I may have gotten away with certain things.
Speaker 4: So so KG, you said, KG is your bet.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I got went to all universities, Paul Price, University, Royality, University, and.
Speaker 1: To University show Yeah, I got traveling in all of them.
Speaker 3: It was Funsity Man.
Speaker 1: You see the show Boy, but see the first coulf years dealing with Paul Man. He was tough. Like that first year Paul.
Speaker 6: Left, he got hurt and he was like he got out of us and he took all back to La So it was it was a brief interaction him my first year. But then, like I said, you got around Kevin, but I feel like they all messed well.
Speaker 1: And when the one thing they did great was they was all sacrifice, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: That was like egos were a side or what about who got the biggest contract?
Speaker 1: And to me, KG sacrificed the most. I think he had made.
Speaker 6: The most at the time, you know, So he was always took the backseat, let them get the sh off. Then he'd be like, hey, bring that bitch down here, you know what I mean. So that's when he really was chopping to me. But other than that, he was with the sacrifice that screens no matter what, you know, I mean, standing to pick a roll longer. That was the type of one of my greatest the best team I probably played with for sure.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's crazy. So just just as a leader, KG a different traps.
Speaker 6: Different I mean, his mindset, the way he approaches the game, his focus, like his discipline, his day to day routine, Like it's like him and I would say bron Or like the most strict on teammates I've ever played with.
Speaker 1: That dude.
Speaker 6: Everything always the same, like as the hell of experience, like to see that and be a teammate of that.
Speaker 4: Man dooe. We got on and you mentioned you had an exam today.
Speaker 2: Like exam you say you going back to school, talk like talk to us about that.
Speaker 4: What inspires you to go back?
Speaker 2: At this point, You've had a successful career, you've made money. Your focus is your son and helping him reach his dreams. But yeah, you back in school taking classes to get your degree.
Speaker 4: What drove you to do that? And how is it going?
Speaker 1: I was wrong, Well I'm backing usually Kentucky get my degree in Human communication communications.
Speaker 6: I would say, I try to make a lot of checklists and certain goals of mine always want to check them out, and right now I'm been fortunate to stay.
Speaker 1: My life is kind of a completed checklist.
Speaker 6: So I had to add more goals and that was one that, like I said, I left school sophomore year in Kentucky. I decided to go pro obviously, and then my get niggadviser shout out to Mike Mike Stone. He's been telling me to come back years after years, and I'm like, I'll get there when I get a chance. So me retired, I had a lot of downtime and I can't sit around and be the uber dad all day long because the kids got to go to school. So I'm like, shit, while they going to school, I could be learning and growing too. And I was like, you know, I want to graduate before my daughter graduates college. So we'll probably graduate actually this same time next year, next spring.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking forward to doing that. I don't learn learn, I want to grow.
Speaker 4: You know, dude, you got a daughter about to graduate college.
Speaker 1: No, No, she's graduate in high school.
Speaker 5: I'm like, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's seventeen a senior year going to Bama volleyball.
Speaker 5: So yeah, man, congratulation. So with school, you know, and now gave me a degree. Like, what's life like after basketball? With some of the things you went to?
Speaker 1: You know, now that you retired, it's been peaceful. Man. You know, I'm newly wed. I got married by five months ago, so you.
Speaker 6: Know, I'm just enjoying life. Appreciate it, you know what I'm saying. Only built that moving to the crib. Like I said, educate myself. H I spent a lot of time with the families being like I said, he you coach just living like man, like I said, learn it actually been messing with with your boy dot out there. I min walking a little bit, just kind of learned from them internship.
Speaker 3: He Hey, who hit the button?
Speaker 2: Doc?
Speaker 5: Bring Ron shoot Rondo right to the top. Man, would you go please save your coach? Man, I thought she was over there full time. You need to you need to go, say I got the kiddos.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Nah, Man, they you know, a couple of these colleges here, Man, they ain't help them.
Speaker 1: They have been a big.
Speaker 5: Even Rondo won't go. I Rondo won't go even round don't go, won't go. You come on, man, you can't have a coach all all in the videos the commercials hey, man, hey, that's my first win.
Speaker 1: That boy got my first chip man.
Speaker 3: Michelle, y'all did that though, you did that?
Speaker 6: But listen, it's my philosophy. B I'll get that a lot, though. But my thing is, if you got the talent, why don't you do that? He can't place for you. I a'man ex huge for him, but I'm like there were times in the huddle where he'd be like, look, if y'all on the same page, I'll do all things.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't like totally maybe he's used to, you know, people.
Speaker 6: Being able to manipulate and do their own thing, but he said some some great teams, name characters you know, came short obviously, But I feel like it was always on us regards us a talent, and then for me personally with you know, with the guy on some marribady around me.
Speaker 1: I was like, we can figure this out full times before you beat us whole times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you're you're a genius, you know what. You know what I mean. Not everybody is DNA to learn.
Speaker 5: Some people have like incredible star power and incredible basketball playing capabilities, but there's like two levels of learning then trying to learn the entire DNA, you know what I mean, And think like a coach be more than a coach, and I think like you need that coach to be able to like at least push you in that direction. You got that gift, bro, you got you got a wizard bag, you know what I mean, Like you was a baby wizard already.
Speaker 3: You already had that, you know what I mean, KG had that.
Speaker 5: But a lot of times the coach got to be able, you know, to set that buffet and say, look, these are these are all the other.
Speaker 3: Things that you can be capable of.
Speaker 2: No, you mentioned you said, I got to kiddos, So does that mean you would never full time coach until like your kids graduate.
Speaker 1: Know what I want to do.
Speaker 6: For my daughter senior year, so that was big is like me and my son. He just turned thirteen a couple of day. So uh, I'm okay with him, you know what I mean, I have it enough. But like I just want to be there for my daughter senior year, all the prom, you know, the homecoming.
Speaker 1: She loves the party, so I gotta I gotta be here.
Speaker 3: You got that, you got that prom party. That's gonna be who that's going.
Speaker 1: That's going to trap me enough for us, you know boys.
Speaker 4: So coaching is ultimately what you want to do.
Speaker 6: Though one, and I want to I want to mess with the front office too, you know what I mean, Like I want to do some internship. I'm gonna call Danny eventually get one of my guys that bleed in from day one. So just like I said, a guy that's in the front office want to get around and pick their brain. Stee from that side. But I definitely love teaching the game. And I would love to win it, you know, from both GM and a coach you.
Speaker 2: Know, moving to another frenchise that you want a championship with. You got a young coach, got who you played many of your years in the NBA with, possibly college y'all, y'all probably playing against the other in college. Uh you guys young JJ, REDDITCK y'all getting the coaching world taking over the Lakers.
Speaker 4: What do you make of the.
Speaker 2: Job he's done and what do you untimately think he becomes as a head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 6: I think he's in the hell of a job. You know, obviously get eighty back to what we know he's table playing on. You know, first and foremost, you know, you want your best player to be at all time, believe it in you very confident. And then you hear the comments in the media. You know, obviously everything is gonna translate to the wins. But at the same time, he's got the captains there, you know, Bron Obviously they have a great rapport already. So just having that grace and understanding, you know what I mean, he's able to coach him as well. I think you know, you've seen a couple of times with this, so JJ you might getting on Bron which you know he's not combative in that matter, but he's able to be coachable and he maybe doing that standards ground the player see that, and I think that's allowing him to be like, Okay, we believe in this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look forward to the day you're ready to make that jump, because don't give me the assistant coach stuff.
Speaker 4: Don't don't give me the all.
Speaker 3: You need it, but you need to go do this, You.
Speaker 4: Need to go do that, and you don't have the experience. Don't give me that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to hear that, because what they do know is Ron do is one of the greatest basketball buyers, the grace the NBA. Ronjo is an NBA champion already, right, Rondo is an All Star. Rondo is all defense, and you know he got the mind.
Speaker 4: He watched more film.
Speaker 2: And if you know anything about the NBA and the and the workers, you know Ron don't watch more film than the coaches watched already as a player. So I just don't want to hear when when Doe is ready to take that leap and he looking for a job, he's not looking for an assistant coach job. He's looking for a hand job because JJ's doing it. He's showing you that it's possible. And we know how smart Rondo is, so I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me some paces. We're gonna we're gonna craft. You know, I got a blue brain, and give me the pieces.
Speaker 2: And also standing on topic and speaking of the Lakers, obviously you play with a D again who you have balling in New Orleans and when you're with the Lakers, a D has his best time with the Lakers, no surprise there. But also playing with Brin You spoke a little bit about it earlier, but just talk to me about like going through the season as a two alphas b two guys. Who I mean, who knows which one of y'all smarter? It's not even a who's smarter, it's number one, Like the level of y'all brain. Like from a basketball standpoint, there is no one, a one that's just here. How was that experience with your resume and the respect that you have because bron know you got a basketball ye and you're coming into the squad. What was that experience like along the way going through the season. As you know, you growing to win a championship. You don't win a championship at Julee. You win the championship in January, you know, and growing through that. What was that experience like for y'all too, as the savants that y'all are.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a great moment.
Speaker 6: You know, we played together before, but it was a time where you know, I knew my role at the time, you know what I mean. So you know, we're two albums at the same time. I proved myself on being a star role player, you know what I mean, Like I.
Speaker 1: Knew my role.
Speaker 6: I wasn't a big dog or any teams I haven't played for it. So for me, I fell a line.
Speaker 1: I knew what it was, you know. I mean, it wasn't no ego beating the chest.
Speaker 6: It was like, Okay, I got I have an opinion, which he always respected it along with the coaching staff. So it was always a hell of a line of respect that we have for each other. At the end of the day, he's playing, you know, forty minutes, I'm playing twenty six.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what I mean. So you know, as like I said, the day, it's all.
Speaker 6: About winning, and I was always trying to do the best to figure out the fire that should be on the floor, or you know, the two should be in rotations in the game, whatever team was the staff needed me to be at that particular time. That's the worro I tried to play because in the bubble I was out for six weeks when I broke my thumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the dope thing was Frank Bogo shout out to be homie again. He allowed me to get into.
Speaker 6: All the coaches zoms, so I'm understanding again from I'm on the Championship Coaches STAF. Basically the sixth month rehabing in LA then I come back. You know when we play Houston and how we were able to just from not playing the big the seven foots Javail and Dwight at all in Houston series and then we're playing against the Yoki. So it was like being able to be in that locker room, being able to be in those meetings while I was gone, I was still able to stay in tune and tact with the team and understand and they knew when I came back to it was up from there, because like I said, it was always the greatest good of the team that we were always striving to be.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Javell in Dwight, they've been very outspoken about that team being broken up too soon.
Speaker 4: What was your take on that.
Speaker 2: Do you think the Lakers ultimately moved on too soon or where y'all I could have done more? Or do you think that's just what it was. That team was gonna win the championship and it kind of capped there.
Speaker 6: Nah, I definitely don't think a cap there again, you know, I mean, you win a championship, you feel like you have the blueprint and you got to run it back to see if anybody has figured out before you, did, you know, crack the code. So I feel like we were a really deep team like they we're able to just we've been through seven game series, you know, we've been battle testing, so you know, I think we already hit the button next year and figure out how to win it again.
Speaker 1: Like everybody's feeling good, bron still playing now.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: A was coming off one of the best season. Like I said, that conference going back into the bubble, you have the same type.
Speaker 1: Of guys going to war with you.
Speaker 6: You know, it's just a psychological thing that you understand versus a couple of guys ain't here and a.
Speaker 3: Lot of teams.
Speaker 6: You know, that's what it comes to the front office where they come to players like you feel like you can't plug and play with certain guys. But that year, nobody was breaking the bank, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know what it was, but you know it is maybe either there they got me another two years. So hey, I wasn't even gonna play out of it.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Lebron still playing.
Speaker 5: Just talk about you know, you play with him twice, you know in your career, Like what has impressed you the most about him?
Speaker 3: And especially with what he's doing now.
Speaker 6: Man, I told you I've never seen nobody take care of about it like him, rest and diet. I mean the little cliche is things like all the things he does, I mean, the way he lifts, the way he goes at the weight room. Uh, he attacks the weight room, you know, the way he taxes his own court off the court, workouts like he's a professional. And again if you put spend that type of money on your body and you you know, and when no one's looking and no one's watching and you're still doing the right thing. You know, you're able to stay and have a longevy a career like it's having not dropping the four triple dos in a row, sings like. I mean, obviously he's argued the greatest player of all time. So for me, I just seen it every day in this region, you know what I mean. He was very disciplined, and he goes over and beyond what you know, the average or even some of the great NBA players have done that.
Speaker 5: I've seen not a that The skill, you know what I mean, the knowledge you know, and and the know how, you know what I mean, just makes him super upper echealon, you know what I mean. It's that discipline that take you to a whole other level.
Speaker 6: Because he's young guys coming in, more athletic, more explosive, and he's still able to manipulate the game, get to his spots, and I feel like he's smart. Everybody obviously him and Steff doing the same thing, you know what I mean. Draymond's doing the same thing.
Speaker 5: So the game comes and then I know, you probably yourself on defense, you know what I mean, My boy Draymond, I'm campaigning for him for defensive right, you don't let everybody know that's my dog.
Speaker 3: I'm rocket with him.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: For your criteria of Defensive Player of the Year, what would the main qualifications be to be considered for that accolade.
Speaker 6: I'm starting to like analytics, but I'm a I'm a game watcher as well, you know, I mean, I'm a field guy. So a lot of things coming to play obviously, justtical categories. Bus miners on the floor, being able to switch one through five, how you affect the ball, maybe not even you know, being around the ball, he's still affecting. I mean, it's your communication. There's a lot of factors for me. So there's not a lot of guys that.
Speaker 1: Can do that. I mean, you got to be able to play in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, he's got to be able to have an impact on the game without even scoring. And that's why I think a guy like myself got like what Draymond does. Put you up there for defense.
Speaker 5: Fens of the Year always argue about the m v P, and the m v P is just an offensive category, and Defensive Player of the Year never gets help with the same weighted value as.
Speaker 4: An m v P.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get your take on that too.
Speaker 6: Ye that a lot of it's always it's always usually big different protectors. But I mean there's so many different ways. And it's not just because how many times are you giving up points when you gambling?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So it's just like skills can be. You can be on the worst team in the league, the league team and steels you make all first team all defense, but you probably get the probably give to lead the league and back doors or gamble points going off a gamble.
Speaker 1: So it just depends on how you look at it, you know, I mean, I don't. It's a different factor for me.
Speaker 2: You know, speaking of you playing with the Celtics playing with the Lakers.
Speaker 4: One part of.
Speaker 2: Your career that I'm even I'm extremely interested in hearing about. It's your years with the Pelicans or a year with the Pelicans where you have a d playing at m VP level. You had the markets playing at top five MVP level that shot you. You you Drew, y'all got Drew right.
Speaker 1: We had Drew playing right.
Speaker 2: You getting twenty assists, some nice twenty two assists, twenty four assists and why should you do that?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you?
Speaker 6: After that team though, and of course y'all knocked us off. But that the beginning of that year. Alvin Gentry was the coach, Chris Finn was the office coordinator. And at first it didn't work. Mecuz drew eighty on the court didn't work. I needed a ball, They needed a ball in a certain sense.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 6: I was on the bench for a while, and then once Cuz got hurt, that's when I got inserted. But before then, what I loved doing my job was I wasn't playing. So I say, okay, cool, I had Cuss eighty, which is two guys I love playing with. Like I said, I was giving everything that I got called down to me from all the great vests part sports. Then I had one of my favorite teams all the time, j.
Speaker 1: You Holley on the court.
Speaker 6: So I was said, okay, I took a back seat, roll like, let me try to coach this. So instead of Cuz in eighty, because at first they both trying to score fifty, I'm like, Cuz, nip late the game by scoring twenty five.
Speaker 1: Let eighty get the fifty.
Speaker 6: You go for twenty twenty and twenty you know what I mean, Like go crazy to a different way both y'all getting fifty won't allow us to win games because now y'all fight, you could come to the facilitator.
Speaker 1: Now, he used to run the delay. He's running stuff out of elbow. Action making, playmaking, that's what he was. That's what he was really good at. That particular.
Speaker 6: He's gonna have a big slowgout and a he's gonna have the agile wings. So it's like then he had Drew Hardy. So them learning how to play three men together manipulated the game and we was on a roll. He got hurt towards towards Achilles, and that's when I got inserted.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, cool with my weapons.
Speaker 6: So I took her of while I took you know, heat of Nico meritage e Troemore.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, guys made me better than shot makers.
Speaker 6: A d love threat Drew Halliday, the pistol action that people run me and Drew used to kill that action. The small small guy pick up step up. He man were playing pick up the first couple of days and in it was he stepped up. I'm like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: I think he came. I forgot where he got it from. But it was.
Speaker 6: It might have been y'all, but he got it and perspected it. It was, I mean, and I was able to I was able to hit that past eat. So it was like the stuff like that. I said that that team chemistry where he was able to go into Portland with that mindset. You know, even before the playoffs started, you and I like who you want? It was either between Damon c j or James and Chris Paul and we, like I said, it was either way, Like we didn't really care what the smoke was, but it was smoke either way.
Speaker 1: We went.
Speaker 6: Then we went to Portland, took their business, and then we ran into them boys and we just didn't having them. Man, didn't having that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Marcus out, it would have been different.
Speaker 6: I mean, I got I got no no, no, no, no, y'all listen, I'm gonna tell you this, the true story. Never told the story. So I'm trying to get the first player of the game. I'm trying to get Ady to bow. You trying to get him to bow.
Speaker 1: You set the drip didn't happen. Something happened. You ended up bowing us, and I'm just like, fuck, they hit that. That was the first tri it was on and like I said this one and so whatever, But yeah, that was I was trying to get him to get you from the jump.
Speaker 6: But if I had, because when he would have sure cod with really you know what I mean, that's that's what I feel like. We might have got who's big than y'all said trying. I'm trying to go through Katie. I'm trying to go through everybody front line. Of course they got to deal with the boys running around, But we can get yall to him out of there, see y'all anchor, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: You know it's crazy.
Speaker 2: If a d would have did that, they probably would have caught me so far off gone, like I wouldn't have been expected.
Speaker 3: Don't walk you up, He don't walk him up.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting here right.
Speaker 2: Now trying to think how.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I would be.
Speaker 3: You would have got him back, you better, he might.
Speaker 6: He might might have stole off on him and now you got three games and were on the next round.
Speaker 4: Would have definitely.
Speaker 3: Got him back.
Speaker 5: He would have slammed him something, he was like, probably want reacted.
Speaker 4: Right in the movement. Who knows what I would I don't know what I would man, thank you a do.
Speaker 2: Y'all appreciate you, brother man. And you know, obviously your career, we've talked about that. I think that's beautiful. But my nephew, he's thirteen, TJ Walton, Trive traf son, he's fourteen now, well he's about to turn fourteen a couple of days. TJ and your son they right around the same age. So I followed the scene him like TJ been training with me since he was like seven or eight years old. Like okay, so I'm I'm well invested, like that's that's my nephew. I'm like like Trave allows me to be like a second father to him, Like that's not close to me. And travel and Trave went overseas as soon as TJ was born. So when TJ was born and he was like literally baby Trave's wife like if she needed somebody to do something, TJ, I go, I'll do teach like travels overseas, So our relationship is different. I pay attention to the scene. Your young fella, he got some game. What is it like going through this journey with him?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: From your perspective of how you grew up, was just going to the park going here, going in hooping and now I always talk about nowadays your son is actually the prototypical NBA player. It's an NBA player son. Or like the days of a Rajon Rondo coming from Louisville or Baron Davis coming from Inglewood or Draymond Green coming from Saginaw.
Speaker 4: Michigan, those days are over.
Speaker 2: That kid now who had a dream to make it out, he's way too far behind because Rajon Rondo son has been getting the training since he was eight years old, seven years old.
Speaker 4: By his dad.
Speaker 2: He know what to do with the body, he know what to do with the nutrition. So the kid in the hood at Saginaw or Louisville or they so far behind now that they can't make it anymore.
Speaker 4: What do you make of just being on this journey with him? What's it? What's it like training with him? And just as you see it from your vantaged point.
Speaker 6: Down, see what I pride myself on even with my foundation work, you know what I mean? Like I feel like when I'm from the city, like we don't have a lot of big time celebrities.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of famous people.
Speaker 6: So for me, my team, may you teams, I got some of them kids, you know what I mean. So I feel like I want kids my program to use me as a resource to get to where they want to be. I mean, it's being able to be exposed to certain things. While I take them on trips, I might take them in the locker room a couple years of back into them, the downs may locker room, you know, just the dream big and.
Speaker 1: My son has these has these things. So for me, it's trying.
Speaker 6: It's hard to try to keep them humble and understand, like you know, what it takes to work and what it takes to get to this level that isn't just given to you bigger obstacles. And for him, like you said, the way we grew up was different. I was able to play basketball nine stopped up the right. He has to pretty much schedule his workouts when he plays because you can't just you know nowadays since COVID kids, you can't go down.
Speaker 1: The street and play basketball.
Speaker 6: So you got to kind of organize for them to play this random pick up and that's what we've done the last couple of months. But again, like you said, I've have resources to do that like other kids don't. So the kids that aren't being able to play basketball with just some random kids at that age. They don't how do they get better or how they judge where they're going to be. And then obviously it takes so long to get to the goal. But with him, we just worked.
Speaker 1: Man. Like I said, I try to teach him that different responsibilities, not on and off the court. He's a great student, and I said, just you know value, I understand and respect each opponent. You know, you got a big targeting back. But what I love to do is I love the targets. You know.
Speaker 6: I went by gun for the targets. And again people's on the gun for him. But you put the work in, you chank, you can't cheat the game. And he's learning that.
Speaker 1: He's young.
Speaker 6: I don't want him to said, he's playing football too, you know what I mean. I wanted to play all different sports because you don't. I don't want him to burn out. And I thought, again, I was maybe fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going pro on football, and then I switched over, had a relationship my high school basketball coach, and then I started love love for that, and then that's why I went that.
Speaker 6: So he's pretty good on a couple different sports. So I don't want to box himself end. But if you want to play basketball, cool. I wasn't even learning to man's just money, that's it.
Speaker 5: My son ten and he played football. You know, I've been trying to crack the cold with him, you know, in basketball. But I think right now, you know, at ten years old, he's like, all right, football is my thing, and I'm just trying to like, hey, bro, all the.
Speaker 3: Great football players play basketball, right Like as.
Speaker 5: A dad, you know, uh, the pushback earlier, like how do you you know, like, how do you set them up for.
Speaker 3: For that structure for basketball? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I feel like football easy because he just throw them out there. They're gonna figure it out. But basketball is different, you know.
Speaker 1: Man, it's definitely different.
Speaker 6: Timbler just kind of just watching the games with him, seeming we like, you never I never forced him. He started off swimming, you know, he did piano, so just giving him different things and did tennis, so we kind of just you know, you know, thank god we have these resources that I was able to expose him to different things and he wanted to possibly play and obviously come to the games with me being in the bubble that kind of just persuade them to kind of like, okay, getting the hangout in locker room and see Lebron, you know, talk to certain guys from the game.
Speaker 1: So I feel like he just kind of naturally fell in love with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's nice though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we got we got so he got.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Junior is nice. Mante Ellens Jr. Is nice too, all the juniors, junior juniors.
Speaker 4: The next up. That's the next up.
Speaker 2: Man, It's very Do you ever as someone with it with a junior? I go back and forth sometimes like man ship, I love that he's DJ, like I love like and you know that he go by DJ, don't really go by Draymond, right, But I love that he's a junior. But sometimes I go back and forth like, damn, did I do him with this service? Do you ever have those up to like, man, my son of junior?
Speaker 1: I do I do from time to time. I I love it. I wouldn't change it. But we call him Pierre.
Speaker 6: You know, he kind of you know, he wants to have his own identity, which I completely understand. He goes that Peel Pierre, so you know, I let him, you know, do his own thing. I just I just let him get an Instagram, so I let him pick his own name.
Speaker 1: Let's put you on there.
Speaker 4: So what's his name?
Speaker 1: It's still I give it. I can't give it out yet, perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't give it out off. Don't give it out off.
Speaker 6: He flooded, trying to flood man, trying to flood. No, soon soon though, soon we gonna flood it. But yes, I ain't got much left. But I must mention something, something I heard over the summer. You know, I got bit married in August fourteen, two thousand.
Speaker 4: I know you. I know you just got congratulations. Shout off to Diane Valentine.
Speaker 1: Shout out to miss Valentine.
Speaker 6: Yes, do it, I tell you, listen here, Thank you Valentine, y'all.
Speaker 1: And then we went. You know, we had to stay without you know, so she.
Speaker 4: Told me, she said, Draymond.
Speaker 2: By the way I saw her, I was after private suite about to fly to l A.
Speaker 4: I saw her.
Speaker 2: Landing back a week after your wedding, and she like, we just got back. I was like, y'all just got back. I saw everybody over at the wedding week ago. She like, yeah, Raymond, like you gotta close this stuff out. You gotta do this, you gotta do that. She was like, but I'm gonna tell you, Draymon ray John made sure y'all didn't out do that.
Speaker 1: Nah. She she's still send to me. I said, lady, yeah, it was we had the time. We had a mother in time. Yo, I'm already knowing.
Speaker 4: I saw videos from y'all wedding, which was like.
Speaker 1: Yo, that way that looked lint and y'all sat the tone though, I was.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh that listen, she's amazing ya you know, an amazing woman.
Speaker 1: A couple of my teammates and be like, who did is? I'm like, all right now.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing is, though she's so great I managing the budget.
Speaker 4: Who killed me was my wife?
Speaker 1: That part that like Diana, she.
Speaker 2: Keep coming back to me looking like like she keep coming back to me with this look on her face.
Speaker 4: Like and she keep coming back with this look.
Speaker 2: And the whole time is hazel and hazes she killing me and Diane she she like Draymond. I know I told you the bunchet is, but I know you said the bunch of this this and we said we work in it. But she wanted to do this and she wanted, but the things were so great, Bro, I couldn't say no.
Speaker 1: You say no one time?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: I ain't never doing ever like my wife. I mean they they like this. It's like great mental for like I said, she's been there, done it all like great lady Great. I mean she she's a Marcia Great.
Speaker 2: Hey, fellas, listen, if you'all out there getting married, I know something of y'all are.
Speaker 4: If you want to.
Speaker 2: See this video, if you want to see the video or some pictures of a wedding, we got two of them for y'all to.
Speaker 1: See what we vouch you.
Speaker 2: And I've been to some weddings that are with some of the highest name uh wedding planners, and man, the weddings look like nothing right and they're not that.
Speaker 3: Fun taste, Bro, you gotta taste.
Speaker 6: So I'm telling y'all young fellas Netflix, Man, it was right.
Speaker 5: And looking back on it, yeah, a movie.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: If you want to have a good time and a great looking weather and the memory for a lifetime, if you want your stuff to be playing and bleep, they don't.
Speaker 4: Mess with Diana.
Speaker 2: Because your stuff gonna look right, it's gonna feel right.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be right. If you out there just looking for the big name, go.
Speaker 5: Stop hanging with Rinch people because their food be nasty. That's why I have to cut my Rinch friends off. That food be nasty as hell, right though you already like so olives and ship man, give me some food, Homer.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got one more before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: When you look at the game of where it is now and like, you know, the trend of where it's going as opposed to where it was when you first came in and say your first five to seven years in the league, the overall IQ of basketball, do you see the IQ back then being higher or the IQ where it.
Speaker 4: Is today with gods today being hired.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. You know, you you're still in it. You know, I've been out three years.
Speaker 6: But you know it hasn't been too long. But at the same time, I feel like maybe guys back then, uh yeah, focused more, I guess, you know, a lot more distractions now off the court, you know, social media, Like you know, back then it wasn't we didn't have social media, so we're kind of pretty much more locked in the sense. So even like I said, certain teams for me, like after we lost or not we lost, but we went with the Celtics. After every game we be in the training room would be you know, Ray, the Big Three, myself and a couple of guys, always talking game plan, strategy and how we lost, why we lost, while we won, why we want I mean type of vice versa. So that was just kind of the thing like and get carried over like a lot of different teams I played for, but that was the one that stood out the most, like we were always intact and we were always communicating and figuring out right away.
Speaker 1: How we could have made a justice throughout the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think that that is all a byproduct of how many adults was in the room then and how many young guys Like there's no vets.
Speaker 6: Now you know that's what it is. And then it was important point in my career. I think maybe you're like maybe twelve or ten eleven for me and all if all my homes were gone, it was like down the lead, I want the vests no more, like I said, they don't. They don't appreciate, you know, them teaching me how to be a man, how to do you know had a conductment's own off the court, not this to be yes man.
Speaker 1: So for me, that was a big wing up call for me, like they ain't playing.
Speaker 6: With y'all y'all old fellas because they they try to get you outed so they can have people. To me, I thought they could control or people that communicate more to just say yes everything they tell them what to do versus how to brow what the what to do the right things and win to insert this, so when to ask questions.
Speaker 1: So it was just, uh, you know, my difference.
Speaker 6: Of opinion and thinking that that wasn't you know, the idea they should have kept me in the locker room.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I felt like they they pushed the vets out for younger coaches that was the same age, thinking that they can do the same thing. But it's just a difference and a level of respect. When somebody get out there and can really get down. People see you play in the finals, people see you playing the playoffs. You got legacy, and so when you replace that with coaching, you know what I mean, you don't get the sauces, you don't get the ism, and you don't get the growth.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Let me on my thing, not to cut you off but that's what to me, like I speak for. It's what Sam Pacelle came in for, you know what I mean, like he was playing t Lou came in like those guys are the bridge connected. Is the guy that would ever teach me? Okay, this is cool to think, cool to kind of what I told you you did for me. So like those point guards to step on Maberry's like they brought those bets in for me to show me the ropes and I took it, like I said, a lot of from everybody, and they was in my I mean they were giving me the game. Let me get all of them about with all my teammates and I said, Eddie House posy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I got all the game and I just try to soak it up.
Speaker 4: That's what's up, Many, That's that's.
Speaker 5: A shout out to you, man, Hall of Famer. Point You wanted the realists. You wanted the realists to do it.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm gonna be out l a song, get on the show, live with it.
Speaker 4: Man, no doubt.
Speaker 2: That's love man, Basketball savant champions, much love respect man.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you brother, Stay healthy, my dog, Yes, sir, thank you, Bro.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 1: I'm almost done.
Speaker 2: Was a player, bro already Bro, I got you go take.
Speaker 3: Dark Job too.
Speaker 6: I'm getting the game from man, my guy.
Speaker 1: The volume