Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We are back.
Speaker 3: It's our two in this Thursday Dan and the Dan Eds Dan Patrick Show recapping a lot of the bull action coming up. One of the stars, maybe the star of the bowl game so far, Cam Scatibow of Arizona State, will join us in about twenty minutes from now. I wonder how he felt when he woke up today, But then maybe that's a typical game where he just takes the punishment, but he certainly delivers. Arizona State takes Texas double overtime before losing. And I'm looking at the early spreads for the college football playoffs. So Penn State, Georgia, Notre Dame, Penn State. Now that's depending on what happens in that game. So if Penn State plays Georgia, Penn State is favored by one. Notre Dame. If Notre Dame wins tonight or this afternoon, are a one point favored against Penn State. Ohio State against Texas in the Cotton Bowl, so a home game for Texas. Anybody want to guess who was favored and by how much? In that game? Coming up next week, Marvin, I'll start with you, Texas by one and a half. Texas by one and a half, Paul Ohio State by three and a half, Todd.
Speaker 4: Ohio State by two and.
Speaker 2: A half, Seaton, Texas by three and a.
Speaker 3: Half, Ohio State by six, Ohio State by six. You know, you can win your way out of just about anything when you consider all the scandals that we've had, controversies, somebody's gonna get fired, somebody's on the hot seat. You can win your way out. Ryan Day attempting to win his way out of this, and that's a great start by roughing up Oregon. Now you got Texas. You're trying to make that Michigan lost just a little hiccup, kind of a little stone in your shoe that it's there. It's always there because it's Ohio State and Michigan. But if you win a national championship, it'll be one of those years where you go, remember when Ohio State won and they lost to Michigan that year. Any other year prior to this year, Ohio State probably not in the position to be able to win a national championship. So because of the extended college football playoff format, they have their opportunity. But you got to beat Texas in Texas eight seven seven to three. DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show stat of the Day has always brought you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. And we say good morning those watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. Our radio affiliates, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio, and yes we are taking phone calls best and worst of the week slash weekend since we weren't here a great holiday ready to go. I think it's January fifth is the cutoff of Happy New Year. I think that's what we established a couple of years ago. We said we have to have a cutoff, and so it's a it's going to be January fifth.
Speaker 2: So if you do call and you say Happy New Year, you can do that until the fifth. And then, yes, tud if you.
Speaker 5: Hadn't seen someone in a while and you see them on the streets, can't you extend that a couple of days and January eighth?
Speaker 4: Are you really chug it down?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Todd. You got to draw a line, but like, just give.
Speaker 5: It a full week from New Year's days. So January eighth to me, makes more sense to it one full week, I know. But to be rude, if you run into somebody look on January seventh, and you're like, don't even acknowledge happyness.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the problem with that. You're right, because if somebody says, hey, happy New Year, then you have to reciprocate.
Speaker 4: Could say whatever you should have told me days ago.
Speaker 3: That's the fifth was like three days ago, and that's why you're the Minister of humor right there. But once again, last year is last year when you were the most valuable Dan edt Okay, it's all over, it's all in the past, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I don't really.
Speaker 6: Other than that day on New Year's Day, I don't say happy New Year to anybody, m but I will say it back, even if it's like the fifteenth or the twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, happy New Year to yeah too. Yeah yeah okay.
Speaker 6: But other than that, I said it to my neighbor that on the first, that's up, Nate, Happy new Year.
Speaker 2: Other than that, that's about it. I don't. Yeah, I don't like to lead with it.
Speaker 3: But if somebody says hey, happy new and like they're really excited, and then I'll go Hey, happy new Year, New year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right back at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didd oh, I did a diddo to I did, I did?
Speaker 2: I did minimum kindness. Yes, And so.
Speaker 3: It was hey, DP, happy New Year, and I went diddo, and my friend goes diddo question mark, and I said, happy new Year.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, diddo is less epparate than same to you, it's actually less effort than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seem to you as more personal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's terrible, all right, it is, it is. It's embarrassing. It is embarrassing on my part. Yes, Marvin, that's.
Speaker 2: Why I hated Patrick Swayze and Ghost. You just you don't tell Demi Moore you love her. You just say diddo.
Speaker 8: Mm.
Speaker 2: I was like the audacity.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember any dialogue from that movie, just saying Marvin.
Speaker 2: Ghost, Yeah, Ghost, you had a new interest in pottery. I just loved pottery. Yeah. Oh no, don't don't start. I just don't say that word. Yeah didd oh.
Speaker 3: If to me Moore was there and we were making some pottery, I'd tell her anything she wanted to hear, anything you wanted to hear.
Speaker 7: Yes, she's the kind of girl that you say it too. In the middle of the first date. You want to close?
Speaker 2: I love you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's what's on the entrace? Yeah? I'm sorry? Would you like a drink? I love you?
Speaker 3: I love you as a tricky phrase though when you say it, how like, what's the scenario when you say it?
Speaker 2: Who who says it first? You were her?
Speaker 3: It's always one of those. Do I say it and then you talk to your friend do I?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's too soon.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let her, let her, you know, get the indication.
Speaker 3: I think I blurted it out with my wife's but I I think it was probably and I but I knew, I knew how I felt, and she should know it too.
Speaker 2: But I think it was just one of those where a man I love hanging out. I love you.
Speaker 3: I just I wanted to get it out and then you can do the next time, you know.
Speaker 2: But I got the first one. So I love you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Pole question for hour or two? By the way, I saw the Bob Dylan movie. Okay, no, uh wait.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the complete complete unto I?
Speaker 3: The acting the casting is brilliant. Timothy Shallomey kills it. He is great. The woman who plays Joan Biaz spectacular and uh Ed Norton plays Pete Seeger, a folk music legend. He's great, the scenery great. The movie doesn't really have a depth to it, no soul to it, but the performances are wonderful. And if you're a Dylan fan, this five year window that they focus on, I think you'll you'll appreciate it. My problem with the movie was we never really got behind Bob. Bob Dylan wears a mask in my opinion, like Bob is always warn a mask. He's great at songwriting, but I don't know if we ever really if we know who he is. I don't think he wants to let you know. It's almost like he likes that that it's he's a mystery and enigma. But I will say Timothy Schallomey nails it totally. He's Dylan. He is Dylan, and he pulled it off. And I was like, I don't know, Like, there's the guy from Yes Chef, Jeremy allen Wyner, Yeah, the bear he plays Bruce Springsteen coming up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get nervous on those biopics.
Speaker 8: I just.
Speaker 3: You know, when I Rammy Mollik when he played Freddie Mercury. He didn't sing, He just kind of imitated him and wore, you know, his prosthetic teeth.
Speaker 2: The movie was you know good.
Speaker 3: Uh even that tarn Egerton who played Elton John, he sang those songs. Jamie Fox, I don't know did he did he sing those songs? I think he did. When he played Ray Charles, I think he nailed that too. But the biopics are a little tricky there. But I will say Timothy Shallowmey was great.
Speaker 7: Yes, you have to have in these biopics like an incident or some drama that like that caused them to almost not make it. Like walk the line about Johnny Cash. It's River Phoenix, right, Joaquin Phoenix, Yeah, Jaquin Phoenix, the drug use, the career, going to jail. There's a lot of good stuff there.
Speaker 3: That was a good one, Yeah, But there's nothing with that with Dylan. That's why I was gonna ask, no, there's there's no. The only thing is is he played at Newport.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, it was a famous folk music festival and Bob went electric.
Speaker 2: He plugged in, He plugged in.
Speaker 3: And people tuned out and they were yelling and throwing stuff at him. But he was done with folk music, and it was really, you know, I bray moment for him to kind of I don't know if he cared about his fans. And all of a sudden, he plays his electric guitar and people are going, you can't do it. This is a folk music. They tried to unplug his guitar. They they wanted him off the stage. And that's really the only moment where you go, all right, well, but I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Know the answer.
Speaker 3: My friend is blowing in the wind or you know, tangled up and blew blonde on blonde? Like how did he get to those moments you go through a divorce. Now, granted that's later on than this period, but I know it's not a documentary, but it's it's a it's a good movie with great performances, if that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it sounds like they didn't really give you the answers to the questions that you had.
Speaker 2: And they were blowing in the wind. They're right there.
Speaker 8: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Couldn't my friend, yes, like a rolling stone. But like you're watching them do these songs or he writes these songs, but I don't know where they came from. Like, what was it that he said, Oh, I'm going to do this song or that phrase, that lyric, whatever, whatever it was, you just didn't get depth in the movie and that was the only thing that was missing. So but I would say yes, if you're a music fan, Dylan fan, Timothy Shallowmey fan, then absolutely so. All right, poll question from hour one and what are we going to go with an hour two?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's see, let's clean up our one here we have a dude poll question refs. In the Texas ASU game, the Giants and Raiders both winning their way.
Speaker 2: Out of top draft picks. Awesome job. What are the Raiders now eight eighth in the draft order? Paul, Damn, it's so good, it really is.
Speaker 6: Right now, the draft order is Patriots, Titans, Browns, Giants, Jaguars, Panthers, Jets, Raiders, and Eve.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago the Raiders were first. Now they're eighth. See.
Speaker 3: I think Door Sanders thought, hey, I know where I'm going, and then all of a sudden, Hey, I know where I'm going. So I think you went from the Raiders to the Giants to I don't know where he's going to go.
Speaker 2: Now. Very rarely do you get that. Oh yeah, falling them forth? Yeah, lex falling to eighth to the Raiders. Somebody's going forth overall.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the New York Giants would have to trade up from four to one if they wanted it. How about the Tennessee Titans sitting there too, with another disappointing quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they are. They are a drift.
Speaker 3: That would be if you said, fill in the blank, the Titans are a drift.
Speaker 2: Aren't we playing filling the blank? Later on? Half an hour from now? Oh my gun, I jumped the gun on it. Okay, that's a great example. Okay, Yeah, the Titans are a drift.
Speaker 3: What's the poll question for hour or two seating or did you just tell me that you had one?
Speaker 2: No, we were just getting through our one. Okay.
Speaker 6: So we also have part of the dude the College Football Playoff Committee.
Speaker 2: They're on there as a dude.
Speaker 6: Refs in the Texas ASU game that's got about sixty two percent of the vote, followed by the CFB Playoff Committee.
Speaker 2: It's weird to say.
Speaker 6: For our two we were gonna go with Saquon Barkley. Uh, Saquon Barkley sitting this weekend is smart or kind?
Speaker 8: Of am.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need a little more time to discuss. But I given the fact Jalen Hurts has been out with a concussion, you know, the goal is to win the Super Bowl if you get individual awards. I understand it, and Saquon will probably never be this close again.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But look, if you're gonna do it, Eric Dickerson did it in less games. Oh J Simpson did it in less games. I like, g if we're really gonna look at this and have apples to apples, here, is it a wonderful season and achievement.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I don't want him play.
Speaker 3: I would hold him out because we can feel like we're the best team in the NFL. We want to be full strength. I got to get my quarterback healthy. I can't have somebody else nicked up. So what I like to see him break the record?
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 3: I really like the guy, but I would sit him down. All right, let me take a break. We'll talk a little bit more about that. More phone calls coming up, and we will have the fill in the blank game. We'll give you our best and worst of the week coming up. But he's part of the best of the week. Cam Scantibo the Arizona State running back. He will join us next here on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 2: Going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 10: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 9: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: Age seven to seven three DP show. Get some more phone calls coming up. Notre Dame is favored by one against Georgia. Later on today, and there's another Bowl game. It's Duke and old Miss Duke is getting seventeen. That's later on tonight. We'll get to your phone calls coming up. He's been the star of the Bowl season so far. Cam Scattaboo, the Arizona State running back and they went to double overtime against Texas and uh he.
Speaker 2: Joins us now from Atlanta. How do you feel today?
Speaker 11: I'm a little beat up, but you know, I'm I'm I'm feeling confident of where I stand as a player, and you know, I'm excited for my future and I'm super excited that the guys that I played next to the whole season have you know, fought and continued to fight and you know, never gave a doubt that we could win the game.
Speaker 3: What was your feeling early when you guys were down double digits.
Speaker 11: You know, I think as a team, as a whole, we knew that we were never counted out.
Speaker 12: And then I think early we knew we made a couple of mistakes.
Speaker 11: You know, they scored in two points, they took back a kick, they took took back a punt return, didn't really score on offense. So we knew if we can you know, stop them on defense and continue to you know, push push push and fight on offense, that that we were gonna be just fine. Uh Me personally, you know, I was a little I was a little upset that I wasn't touching the ball as much as I wanted to, but you know, obviously not just running the ball, but catching the ball out of the backfield. And you know, I kind of took a step back and realized at halftime what what I needed to do, and it was to be a better teammate and you know, keep those guys uplifted.
Speaker 12: And uh, I knew that if I did.
Speaker 11: That, then you know, the team confidence will stay high and we continue to fight.
Speaker 3: But you were discussing things with coach, uh you get you seem pretty animated on the sidelines.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, he uh.
Speaker 11: We we talked a little bit, you know, and I got a little frustrated just where we were standing as a team and how we were playing, and I didn't understand what was going on fully, and you know, we talked about it and then I walked over there after. I was a little upset and you know, let him know, Hey, sorry for getting upset, but I got you back from here on out. Let's go, you know, let's rock. And you know, he he knows that I'll always have his back, and he trusts the fact that I'm gonna keep going even when I'm a little upset. But yeah, we had a little discussion, but nothing to major.
Speaker 2: Who do you pattern your game after?
Speaker 11: You know, I like to say myself, there's there's a lot of backs that you know, I take bits.
Speaker 12: And pieces from.
Speaker 11: Obviously, Christian McCaffrey's one, you know, doing something that hasn't been done in a while, since he's done it, you know, catching the ball, running the ball. Marshawn Lynch is obviously a big factor.
Speaker 12: Mark Ingram.
Speaker 11: You know, I talked to him, and you know, now that I look at it more, I took a little bit of my game from him, and then Le'Veon Bell was a big one too. Just me focusing on working on my patients and the way, you know, the slower you the slower you play the game, the more you'll see it.
Speaker 12: So that's something I've been, you know, focusing.
Speaker 3: On to what's it like though to go into a game knowing you're going to get hit, You're going to give punishment, but you kind of have to take punishment to give your punishment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, going into the game, I understood, you know that I was gonna have to do a lot and I know every game is a brutal battle with me. This is the way I run, the physicality I run with I know I'm gonna come out, you know, banged up, and then I'm hoping that you know, they come out a little more banged up. But you know, I understand my game of football, so I'm prepared for it every game. I understand that you know, when I when I run, it's gonna make me not feel so good the next day, which I don't feel too good. So but yeah, I mean I'm I'm prepared for it all the time.
Speaker 2: Would your dad say to you after the game, Yeah, you.
Speaker 11: Know, he just gave me I love you, son, proud of you, little kiss on the cheek, and you know, off I went, He's he's a he's more of like, i'll call you in the next couple of days kind of guy. Make sure you're doing good. But he's just proud of me, man. And you know, my whole family's proud of me. My mom, you know, she's she's super proud of me. And I'm just glad I'm able to make them happy.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're famous, the camera is always on you. So we got to see you throw up on the sidelines there. Uh, but what caused that to happen?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think I was drinking a little too much water and power raid, you know at the same time I was and I think I ate something bad.
Speaker 12: In the morning.
Speaker 11: I had a croissant breakfast sandwich and I don't think it went down very well. And I wasn't feeling too good all the leading up to the game, and until I threw up. You know, I threw up, and I felt like a completely different person. And you know, after that throw up, you know, the game switched for me and how I was playing it was, it was completely different.
Speaker 12: From me, So it was nice.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: I looked down, took a deep breath, puked, took another deep breath, took another deep breath, and then got back on the field and you know, played my game of football.
Speaker 3: So you didn't have it all over your uniform, did you, like, if somebody's tackling you, Like.
Speaker 11: I leaned over, let it all out, and got backed up and put my helmet on.
Speaker 12: I was like, let's go.
Speaker 3: When you saw the the non call on the targeting, well, first of all, what did you see? I don't know what your angle was with that, but the fact that it was a no call.
Speaker 12: I mean I was looking right at it.
Speaker 11: I watched him catch the ball and I watched the crown of a helmet goes directly into the chain of my teammate. And you know, like coach Dillingham said last night, you don't really know what a targeting is anymore. We're trying to protect players and some are protected and some aren't, no matter who you're playing against.
Speaker 12: I feel like anybody should were protected.
Speaker 11: And I felt that was a little biased, But you know it, whatever whatever they call, you know, is what we're gonna rock with.
Speaker 12: And you know, Hopefully milk Wand's okay.
Speaker 11: I haven't talked to him yet since after the game last night, but hopefully he's okay. He's feeling feeling good in the high spirits.
Speaker 2: Did Steve Serkesian track you down after the game?
Speaker 11: No, you know, a couple of their offensive linemen tracked me down, you know, said you're you're hell hell of running back, and Arch Manning came over and said what's up, you know, and tried to lift my spirit up a little bit. But I just walked off the field, you know, I was. I was heartbroken with all the all the work that I put in that we felt just that that little short and uh, you know, I I didn't. I wouldn't say I rushed off the field, but I got off it pretty quick just because I was, you know, I was.
Speaker 12: I was a little stressed.
Speaker 2: What is the play call with the halfback option?
Speaker 12: Are you talking about? Where I ran and then through it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's it called in the huddle?
Speaker 12: Oh? Philly special?
Speaker 11: Oh so it was actually supposed to be a throwback to the quarterback. And I checked, I checked my receiver to a to a fade ball and I've seen him went inside so I.
Speaker 3: Know, wait, wait a minute, that that kind of big time stuff here, like.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so so Sam told me. Sam told me to drive before you know, somebody rolled up my inkle. I can't really run, so you're gonna have to make something happen.
Speaker 12: And I was like, all right, well let's go.
Speaker 11: And then the Philly the Philly Special was called, and you know, I looked at my receiver and it was one on one out there. When I knew as soon as I caught the ball from the toss that that safety was going to come flying down because he was flying down all game. And Uh, as soon as I seen that guy one on one, I knew we had the better athlete. And that receiver, you know, he hasn't played all season, but I knew what he was about. And as soon as I seen him went inside, I knew I had to put it inside of him. It was a little underthrown, but I guess I put it in a spot where only he could get it.
Speaker 2: So could you give me fifteen carries today?
Speaker 11: I probably got three carries in it, three two yard carries.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: Have you been told anything about the NFL as far as what the scouts think of you?
Speaker 11: You know, I talk it a little bit, but you know, I'm I'm not too worried about where I stand, hopefully in a good position. I haven't had anybody really reach out as much as talking about where I stand or you know, rounds and stuff like that. But you know, I have my agent that's working hard to you know, help me out and give me in a good position.
Speaker 3: So well, congrats, you got a lot to be proud of Arizona State on the football map, and it's been a while since when we've been able to say that, and you took Texas into a couple overtimes, and certainly, congratulations on the season that you had.
Speaker 8: Cam.
Speaker 12: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: He is the Arizona State running back.
Speaker 3: Cam Scattaboo had seventeen hundred yards rushing, twenty one touchdowns and certainly a great performance running, catching and throwing. Get some phone calls in here eight seven to seven three DP show email address Ppatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter TP show. Yeah, when you're famous, the camera's always on you. That's a good thing until you have to throw up and you're on the side of Remember Pete Sampris did that I think at Wembledon or the US Open where he roufed and I remember talking to him about it. He goes, yeah, isn't it great being famous? Yeah, camera's always on you. Sometimes you don't want the camera to always be on you. But to run with that, you could see the Marshawn Lynch part of that. Jerome bettis where you you were going to give punishment, You're going to take it because you have to gang tackle him. But the amount of tackles that he breaks, and you almost got the feeling when you're watching, and that's a that's a grown asque group of men on Texas Defense and you've got to make business decisions occasionally, and you'll get that, you know where Derek Henry, you know those kind of running backs.
Speaker 2: It's like, God, this is going to hurt.
Speaker 3: But he's not tall, so I think five seven, five eight, and then that's compacted into you know, it's basically a dishwasher nickname the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with legs and here he come. God, this is gonna hurt.
Speaker 3: Oh, but you have to do it and you gotta you gotta stick your head in there and tackle him. But that's uh, big time numbers for him. And somebody will take a chance, and chance probably isn't the correct word, but you know, maybe a third round and you know, once again he's shown they can catch the ball on the backfield and he can give you that that power running game. And I think if you look at what we've seen with the NFL, that there has been a little bit of a shift in featuring the running back or running game, and that you know it's bound to happen. What howpons is it goes from one extreme to the other extreme and then it's going to go back. You're going to get you know, bigger defensive linemen, you know, because there now everybody wants to get to the passer. Well, if you're running the football, as we've seen with some of these with Saquon Barkley and the Eagles, certainly what the Ravens have done, you know, Harball with what he's tried to do with the Chargers. You can go down the list of you know, teams that are going to be in the playoffs and running the football having that ability to be two dimensional. Kansas City is two dimensional. Used to be one dimensional. Now they're two dimensional. The Lions, you know, with what they do all their weapons, you still have Jamir Gibbs, like, you have to have that balance, or at least that ability to be able to have the threat of somebody running the football or catching the ball out of the backfield. We'll get some phone calls here eight seven to seven to three DP show stat of the Day is always brought to you by a Panini America. The official trading cards of the program. Zach in Knoxville is Zach.
Speaker 12: A DP.
Speaker 14: What's a salute the commanders?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 14: Sorry, I'm bringing from the wrong script there. Let's see, man, I have two things I wanted to talk about, just to play Sun Devil's advocate a little bit on that. Oh okay, marketing call, yep, you like that, Fritzy, that's for Fritzie Nice. Are we policing the play or the outcome? Like if that kid bounces back up? Are we having the same conversation?
Speaker 3: I said it right after it happened. I texted Danny said, that's targeting. So I'm not looking at the end result of the game itself. I'm it's helmet to helmet, no matter what the score is, no matter where it is in the game.
Speaker 2: Zach said it right away, that's targeting.
Speaker 14: And the last thing I have is I love Joe Tessitour. I think he does a great job. But I know he does wrestling commentary too. I think he's pulling a little bit from that and taking away from the moment. In these football games, like the game itself is the actual entertainment, not the build up and everything. I think he's taken away from some of the moments that we've had here.
Speaker 3: Well, you'd probably be in the minority on that, Zach, but I certainly understand it. I was looking at social media and there were a lot of people who thought Joe Tessitore had an unbelievable game. I would have him dial it back a little bit. I would have him pick his spots a little bit better of when to use all that enthusiasm. But you can't deny the enthusiasm. I that's a voice built for college football. You just I think you got to be careful in picking your spots of what you say, how you say it. And that's tricky because you know it's a three hour game, three hour performance. But social media, there are a lot of great comments about him and Jesse Palmer in that game. Jay in West Virginia, Hi, Jay Went's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 2: Dan, how are you doing to great Jay?
Speaker 8: Happy New Year?
Speaker 2: Thank you, happy news.
Speaker 8: Hey. Well, one thing, do you see Scotta Bey's blang? Yeah that was pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they had a nice big chain there.
Speaker 8: Well. The reason why I was calling, I was kind of excited because you're going to be in New Orleans? Correct?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: All right? You got any details so far?
Speaker 3: I do not have anything yet, but probably probably in a week or so. I mean, we'll let you know if we can even have a studio audience, I mean, all the details that we normally do. If we can do it, we'll let you know where we're going to be, and we'll probably try to schedule a meet and greet at some point when we're there in New Orleans. Let me see Alan Atlanta, I am. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Good morning, man. Gotta have best and worst of a break. Best to the break University.
Speaker 15: Of Illinois having their entire organization turned around by Brett Bilma and getting a win against South Carolina in a bowl game.
Speaker 8: It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Worst of the break.
Speaker 15: Being a Falcon fan, Dan, they've made me root for the Cowboys, and now that I've had to do that, for one night.
Speaker 8: I completely understand Shane Irving.
Speaker 15: I would be exactly like him if my entire life was being a Cowboys fan. Then after the Cowboys win and the Falcons are back in the front seat, they get a replacement kicker who can't kick a way up of a field.
Speaker 8: Goal in and now have to be a Saints fan for a day.
Speaker 15: I can't why am I even a Falcons fan?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 3: I think we've had that discussion before al But Happy New Year, Happy Knew Year. Michael Bennix Junior the third did okay, got engaged as well. Jade and Daniel though, yikes, that's not fair like that's and I know we talked about him earlier in the season as an MVP candidate, And sometimes it's more than just your team record or the stats. Like he gave a franchise hope, a franchise that didn't have hope, and he gave that to you, and it's true hope of you got your quarterback. Now is it sustainable? I have no idea when people go away. He can't continue to be that way or run that way. I'm just enjoying him for who he is now. I'm not going when he's thirty six. He won't be probably won't. Lamar Jackson became a pretty good passor remember all the critics, Remember all those critics, he'll never be a good pocket passer, never be Hmmm, where are those critics now? Because he had an unbelievable passing season and nobody thought that when he first came out. It was like, Okay, he can throw it, but really he's a runner. He's a runner disguised as a quarterback. You got to give credit, and he deserves a ton of credit for the way he's played. And sometimes when you have to say to yourself, don't run. It's better if I don't run, because and Steve Young did this. Steve Young was incredibly athletic, and he had to realize it's better for the team if I run less and I spread this out more and I don't put myself at risk. And I think that Lamar has done a wonderful job that of that this year. But of course, let me see what happens in the playoffs. But let me see what happens in the playoffs. Yeah, feels like every year there's like five to seven guys or teams where you go, let me see what happens to the Cowboys in the playoffs. Let me see what happened Josh Allen in the playoffs. It's gonna happen. I mean, it's natural. That's the way it works. When we come back. Oh, it's the popular game. Fill in the blank. We'll have that for you next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 3: If Georgia wins later on today, Penn State would be a one point favorite against Georgia. If Notre Dame wins, Notre Dame would be a one point favorite. No, actually, Penn State would get one from Georgia. Notre Dame would be a one point favorite against Penn State. Ohio State against Texas, Ohio State is a six point favorite. Time to play one of our favorite games. Fill in the blank. It's really simple. I'll say something and then you fill in the blank. Todd, I'm gonna start with you.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: The non targeting call in the Arizona State Texas game was blank.
Speaker 4: Horns Down. Horns Down should have made that call for that black seat.
Speaker 6: No, Connor, The non targeting call in the ASU Texas game is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Another missed call, Marvin. The non targeting call in the ash of Texas game was tough.
Speaker 8: Luck.
Speaker 7: All the non targeting call was telling, telling about official biases.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh, you're going deeper on this. Sure.
Speaker 7: I'm not a conspiracy guy, but sometimes I think that you talked about star power and basketball over the years that the better team gets the calls.
Speaker 3: Do you think if that was a Texas wide receiver in Arizona State dB hit him the way he hit him, that call.
Speaker 2: Was made almost no doubt.
Speaker 3: Okay, the non targeting call in the Arizona State Texas game was unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Ohio State is blank todd shoe.
Speaker 5: In as in horseshoes the title, okay, see Seaton.
Speaker 2: Ohio State is who we thought they were?
Speaker 3: Okay, who we thought they were not exactly one word, but we put it all together.
Speaker 2: When you say it, who we thought they were, all right, Marvin, Ohio State is nil heavy oh okay, Paul.
Speaker 7: Ohio State is blank NFL ish nflish.
Speaker 2: Ohio State is.
Speaker 3: The Ohio State Saquon Barkley not playing in the Eagles last game is blank.
Speaker 2: Todd Dickerson, move.
Speaker 4: Let me go for the record. Come was making that decision?
Speaker 2: Eric Dickerson, move you right now?
Speaker 3: Are the favorite for most Valuable danet for twenty twenty category. But there's still plenty of times. There is a lot of days, all right, Seaton. Saquon Barkley not playing is blank?
Speaker 2: Is incorrect? O Marvin soft dang Paul, frustrating Saquon Barkley not playing in the Eagles last game is the right call.
Speaker 3: Cam Ward not playing in the second half of the bowl game versus Iowa State was blank.
Speaker 4: Todd, No, Caine, do played the whole game, but don't play at all?
Speaker 2: Somebody did their homework prepared like that? All right, Seaton's thirteen days of not doing Wow.
Speaker 6: Cam Ward not playing in the second half of the ballgame versus Iowa State was silly.
Speaker 2: Marvin. Cam Ward not playing in the second half was self serving, Paul, I'm gonna go a lightly lame.
Speaker 3: Cam Ward not playing in the second half of the bowl game versus Iowa State was.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: The Giants Raiders winning games at the end of the season is blank time.
Speaker 4: I'm going with draft dodgery.
Speaker 13: Draft dodgery Okay, okay, okay, Seaton, what about you Giants Raiders winning games at the end of the season is draft Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I have the word hilarious. Okay, hilarious, all right, Marvin Gutsy Paul on brand.
Speaker 3: Giants Raiders winning games at the end of the season is.
Speaker 2: Unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've used unfortunate twice and there's no rule violation because I make up the rules.
Speaker 2: Unfortunate, it's unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Didn't take the time to come up with a different words.
Speaker 3: The NFL on Christmas Day is blank, Todd hoop.
Speaker 5: Don't leave it for basketball, and we don't need football on Christmas Day, Seaton.
Speaker 2: Uh, the NFL on Christmas Day is excessive. Okay, Marvin. The NFL on Christmas Day is greedy. Oh, it's my word.
Speaker 4: I thought you're gonna say unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Marvin saying that is unfortunate. Yes, the NFL and Christmas Day is what Puly expanding. There'll be three next year. The NFL on Christmas Day is the future and that's it. We've done it. We have played. I don't unfortunately fill in the blank. We've done it.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: Tyler in Montana, Hi Tyler, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Hey, dpn Dennett. I just wanted to give best and worst of the break, best of the break. I guess all you gotta do is throw up hung then you can just ball out in the second half, like yeah, Han's gotta boots.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I mean that was just insane, Todd. If you ever having a bad day, just go to the bathroom, throw up a little. You'll be better, thank you.
Speaker 8: Worst of the weekend.
Speaker 16: Worst of the weekend probably gonna be the Giant Giants fan.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 8: Colt?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 8: Really, Anthony Richardson, you just gonna not let anybody do anything.
Speaker 16: That was just terrible. I mean, I haven't had a first round or I haven't had a first take in the draft since nineteen sixty four. Polly, I'll give you a question here. Who was that player?
Speaker 2: So the Giants had a number one pick in nineteen sixty four, sixty five?
Speaker 3: My bad, dph He's sixty five, nineteen sixty five number one pick for the New York Giants, number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Sam Huff.
Speaker 16: Nope, not saying Huff. Anybody else want to give.
Speaker 8: It a go?
Speaker 2: Was it an offensive player. Uh no, M who was it?
Speaker 16: Tucker Frederickson.
Speaker 3: Oh, Tucker Frederickson running back. I think he played in the SEC. I think Sam Huff may have played for Washington. I may have really screwed that up.
Speaker 2: Is blank