Speaker 1: High Strange is released every Friday and brought to you absolutely free, but for ad free listening, exclusive bonuses, and early access to episodes, subscribe to tenderfoot Plus at tenderfootplus dot com or on Apple podcasts. The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are solely those of the podcast author or individuals participating in the podcast, and do not represent those of iHeartRadio, tenderfoot TV, or their employees. This podcast also contains subject matter which may not be suitable for everyone. Listener discretion is advised. Cattle mutilations tend to surface the same way every time, not as breaking news, but as a phone call from someone who knows their land and knows when something off. An animal found dead, certain body parts missing, no blood when there should be blood, no tire tracks, no sign of anything. We're up in eastern Oregon, and this is Colby Marshall, a rancher who did not go looking for this story, but ended up inside it anyway.
Speaker 2: Welcome to High Strange, exact same mutilation. I took some photos, documented what I could. We noticed that there was no tracks, There was no struggle marks, there was no tire tracks, there was nothing. I went back to the ranch, called the sheriff's office, and we got in touch with the state Police, notified the for service what we had found. When you're dealing with thousands of livestock, it's not uncommon to find something that has passed away or there's been an injury, and so we were very familiar. One of the first things that I noticed the cuts on the animal. Nothing makes sense about it. They were all very precise, like they had been done by a scalpel. Doesn't make any sense. A lot of times when you see an animal that is harvested in the wild and somebody is using a blade or they're using a saw to work down through the animal, the cuts can be more jagged. But this was done with a extremely sharp scalpel, or it was done with maybe even some sort of a laser cutting tool.
Speaker 3: It was so precise.
Speaker 2: Bulls, cows, even you and I, we have an abdominal cavity. We have a layer of very very fine layer inside underneath our skin that holds our guts. In that layer, which is very very thin, that was not nicked.
Speaker 3: It was not cut open.
Speaker 2: The hide was cut and then perfectly removed without nicking or cutting that layer. They just absolutely cut that away without nicking it. That is precise, and they did it on every single one of those animals. I mean, it's whoever's doing this understands anatomy very well, at least on livestock. I mean surgical precision. I've spent my whole entire life around livestock, cattle, sheep, goats, you name it, and at no point in my life have I ever experienced anything like that.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It just it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. You start thinking, Okay, how could this happen? Who would want to do this, what's the reason behind it, Why is it being done, what's the purpose?
Speaker 1: These are expensive, high value animals. Their tongues were removed, reproductive organs missing, and not a single drop of blood in the soil.
Speaker 2: We put out a twenty five thousand dollar reward for information that would lead to an arrest or a conviction, and there was no leads.
Speaker 5: In this case.
Speaker 2: Every single one of these mutilated bulls literally melted into the ground. Their hides were there months, if not a year afterward. If you could go right to the site, you can see exactly where the animal was laying. I will never look at a livestock death the same. Ever again, I think about it all the time, and once you hear this story, you will also think about it.
Speaker 1: Nothing around the bodies suggests that there was a struggle. There were no tire marks, no tracks, no drag marks. Ranchers live with death. They know what predators do. They know what scavengers leave behind.
Speaker 2: The CIA operative he'd been around a lot of dead bodies a.
Speaker 1: Few years ago. Someone in the CIA reached out to Kolby directly.
Speaker 2: Key and I got talking about it, and he said, you know, Colby goes, especially during the Afghanistan war and seeing some just horrific things out there. There's no blood in the carcasses. And I thought yeah, And he said, well, if there's no blood in the carcass, it may not have the same smell as decomposing bodies do. Given that a lot of credibility, because the only thing that makes sense to me is why they scavengers wouldn't just come after those animals laying out there, is because they didn't smell the same. I appreciate the interest in it because I don't think that there's enough acknowledgment of this and enough people.
Speaker 3: I think there's people that.
Speaker 2: Don't want to talk about it because they see it as something that is taboo. I think it's important these discussions, and these conversations are so important to get the word out so that people feel free to express their opinion or look into a close so that at some point in time we can find out why it's being done. And once we know the why, I think all the other pieces will come into play. But until we know the why, I think we'll ever figure this out, and it will go on as the longest unsolved murder mystery in the history of the world. I don't think we're alone in the universe. I think the big universe is too big and too massive, and I think it would be ridiculous to think that we're all by ourselves out here. I've thought a lot about whether or not an alien culture from outer space would come to do this kind of thing, and the way I look at it, and maybe I'm naive about this. If you're using that kind of technology and you can travel across the universe and cover the distances that are out there, why would you use that technology to harvest reproductive organs off.
Speaker 3: Of range bowls in eastern Oregon?
Speaker 2: And I've went so far on this, well, hey, you know, if they're coming from a billion miles away across outer space to sample eastern Oregon beef, we must be doing something right. I would tell people that I thought that, you know, it must be a testament to the beef we're producing, if that's the best beef in the universe. I also am not naive to think there isn't some other life in the universe and they might have some interest in it for a variety of different reasons. Personally, I think it is a group. I think it is a cult group that is home base right here on planet Earth, which goes to the main question of you know why. I've also had people ask me do I think it's government? Do I think there is a government entity out there that is doing this?
Speaker 3: If the government.
Speaker 2: Wanted to do something like this, why wouldn't they just do these activities, you know on these big land bases that they have places all over the United States that they have isolated that they can control every aspect of the environment, So why would.
Speaker 5: You run the risk?
Speaker 1: This series is not about jumping to conclusions. It's about documenting patterns that refuse to disappear. Cattle mutilations are one of those patterns. They're decades old, global and still to this day completely unresolved.
Speaker 6: My name is share my Homes. I am currently the sheriff of the Kenny. I moved out here to Cowboy. Moved out here to work on ranges by a cowboy for about five years Ardriage, south central part of Organ. That was my first experience of mutilations. I remember going out with the boss at the time and looking at it. Blake had been removed, the heart had been removed, the reproductive organs had been removed, the tongue cheek. For me, I have for the most part ruled out predators. I've seen firsthand what a cougar can do, and I've seen firsthand what a bear can do. I've seen firsthand what wolves will do and kitles will do.
Speaker 1: None of this adds up to that.
Speaker 6: When I first saw the first one, an alien thing came up. I said no very quickly. But at that point in time my thought process I was younger, but my thoughts as goes back to the little green men.
Speaker 1: We see on TV screens when we're a little right.
Speaker 6: Do I believe in that? I don't know if I necessarily believe in that there's a lot of unexplained things that happen across the world. Keeping an open mind and following the facts where they are, I'm open to wherever they might lead.
Speaker 1: Too physical to be dismissed as imagination and too weird to find a reasonable explanation. While some ranchers are dealing with unexplained violence on the ground, other people in other parts of the world have been staring at something just as strange from above, and they've been arguing about it for years, crop circles. The thing is, crop circles didn't start as a joke. They didn't start on the Internet. They started quietly.
Speaker 4: I got pulled in, I think like a lot of people did in the late eighties when the sort of the newspaper started running a lot of stories huge formations that were appearing in Welshire. So I started heading down their late eighties early nineties. I kind of went in there thinking, oh, there must be something paranormal involved yet, because these things are huge for me personally. Everything changed when I went out made my first circle with a team of established human circle makers. You can see this isn't as hard as you're led to believe.
Speaker 1: In the late nineteen seventies and early eighties, farmers again waking up to find large geometric patterns pressed into their fields overnight.
Speaker 4: Providing you've got a fairly good understanding of geometry, and providing you've got enough manpower and enough darkness, you can make quite a convincing crop circle. But then it becomes a lot more interesting because when people go out to these circles and make them, they start having a lot of weird experiences. People who go to these circles after they've been made have weird experiences. Well, it's not aliens, and it's definitely humans, but there's something weird in the middle. Are we creating some sort of magical midpoints here where weird stuff does happen? And if you step away from that argument of oh it's aliens, oh it's humans, the story becomes a bit more interesting. In my mind, at least, everyone sort of goes into overdrive trying to back track real world events and link them. No one will believe you that you made that crop circle. That first circle really sort of highlighted to me that people will bend wherever they want onto that formation, onto that design, and make it into something that makes sense to them. It's almost like a co creation. Unwittingly, you make something and somebody builds a home mythology around it.
Speaker 1: Crop circles sit in a strange place. They've been treated as either evidence of something extraordinary or it's proof that people will believe anything as long as it looks mysterious enough, And like most things in this world, the truth doesn't land cleanly on either side. You have some people who openly claim they've made these things themselves, and as weird as that sounds, there also isn't much physical evidence proving that either maybe there are multiple truths here, maybe not. Everything in this topic is neatly squared away. Real or fake doesn't always cover it. And it gets even stranger when you hear that people report unexplained experiences at crop circle sites that are supposedly man made physical sensations, equipment, acting weird emotional reactions they can't explain. At a certain point, the question stops being whether crop circles are real or fake. It becomes something more interesting. What are the experiences of the people who come in contact with them actually telling us? And that's why I love the story you're about to hear, not because it proves that crop circles are alien messages, but because it captures something honest and it turns into a full blown adventure. I met this guy the way you meet a lot of interesting people in the world, by accident at a hotel lobby bar during a UFO conference. He sat down next to me and without much context at all, placed a small, shiny, metallic rock on the bar between us. He told me he believed it came from somewhere else, maybe another planet. Maybe it was debris from something that didn't belong here. He said he had it tested and that no lab could tell him what it was. I'll be honest, this space rock did look strange, but I also don't know shit about rocks. What I did know was how seriously he took it, and how excited he was about the whole damn thing, enough that it made me excited too. He called it his lucky space rock, and that it had stories of its own. His name is a Line, and earlier this year he flew halfway across the world chasing an idea he doesn't even fully leaven. He had forty eight hours in the UK to try and find an actual crop circle, and his plan was to use his lucky space rock as his guide.
Speaker 3: I bought one way ticket to Israel through London. In London, I had only two days. So when I landed in England Land in the UK, I rented a car, got to the Crop Circle Center that's right her first I go in and I meet that woman who works there. That's her life. She has a museum there, she has this website. When people find a crop circle they let her know. She puts it up online. I said, my little there's nothing new, but there's an old one from like a month ago that you can go and check out. So I was like, okay, cool, I'll do that. I drive there, I knock on the door. This woman opens up. Yes, can I help you? Like crop circle? She goes, oh my god, not again. She goes, stop, just stop, it's a hoax. There's no crop circles. You all keep coming here for this. It's not real. I'm sorry that you had to come all this way, but I'm sorry. I drive back back to my Airbnb and I'm kind of like baffled and literally, did I know all the country road in England are tiny and very narrow? And I'm also driving on the left side. It's fucking weird driving this huge car. This card come in front of me Africa, and I moved to the left and I hit the curve. Hit the curve and get the flat to attire. So I stopped at the flat tire shop and the guy's like, uh, here, let me put the spur for you. Come back tomorrow. I'll fix it. I go back to my band. He kind of bummed, and the landlady tells me, well, you know you should go to Avery Rock Circle.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody knows about Stonehenge, but there's also Avery Rock Circle. It's in this village. It's freaking gold there. It's amazing. So it's like, okay, there's not completely lost. I'll go there. So I took my rock. I went to that place and it's amazing. It's incredible, these megalithic rocks just in this huge circle around the village. My mood got better, and then I got inspired. I took my rock and meditated, put my iPhone in front of me and I'm like, come on, is let's fucking go. I'm here for Walmart Day. Give me a crop circle tomorrow to check out. That's literally what I.
Speaker 1: Said, so, what are you trying to do?
Speaker 3: Exactly simon a crop circle.
Speaker 1: Trying to manifest a cross into existence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's kind of laughing at myself. I was aware that he's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So what day was this?
Speaker 3: That was July eleventh? I can you want to play it? Yeah, I'll play it. That's my phone.
Speaker 1: A lawn ends up in a garden, no crowd, no spectacle, just him holding his lucky space rock, eyes closed, breathing, slowly doing exactly what he came there to do. He recorded himself on his phone the whole time.
Speaker 3: I went to sleep. I wake up in the morning and I was following the crop circle report and there was nothing. There's no crop circle, And I'm like, the fuck is the strip is not going very well that night from flying out to Israel. So I have like ay and a little bit of the night and then I'm done. I didn't really think something's gonna happen. I hoped, you know, find adventure, no matter what this is.
Speaker 1: When his whole story starts to sound like some Steven Spielberg adventure.
Speaker 3: Stop at the tire shop and the guy tells me he can't fix my tire, and he's like three hundred pounds to get a new one. This is a rental. I'm not funny doing that, So just put it in the back and I'll use my spare. It's a tiny spare. I'm just gonna drive on that. Then literally, I get a download from the universe. Go to the Crop Circle Center. Now, what do you mean a download from universe intuition? I don't know how to call it. You're just like, all of a sudden, you know, it's not a voice, physical voice, but it's almost like it, but very very very clear. I need to go to the Crop Circle Center. Now, I drive back to the Crop Circle Center.
Speaker 1: I go in.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, how's it going. All of a sudden, she gets a text message and she's like, a crop circle just popped up, the coordinates, pictures, videos of it, and I'm like, what the fuck? Okay, how do I get there? The way that report comes? They have pictures, a video, and a map with coordinates. But it's not like a Google map. It's not a location you can just put on your GPS and then go there and you'll find it. Here's a picture of the area, the arrow the points where the crop circle should be so I get in the car, I start driving. I'm playing music. Bro, I'm high as fuck.
Speaker 1: I got a crop circle.
Speaker 3: I'm just so happy. So it's an hour drive, very country like. I'm in the middle of nowhere. There's no houses, no nothing, very small roads. I'm fifteen minutes in. I hear puff, my spare explodes. You get another flat. The car stops. Now in the middle of fucking nowhere. I don't even know the spare. I'm stuck. I'm fucked. I might miss my flight. I was devastated. You come all the way here to fucking England. Give me a cross circle, then I ask you for and then ten minutes before I get you, you're gonna fuck me like that, kidding me. I thought, it's all bullshit. There's no aliens, it's all bullshit. This whole thing was a fucking mistake. My whole obsession with this is a mistake. All this lost moments epically, and I called my fiance and she's not, Babe, listen to me, you've got this. I'm like, I do.
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 3: Look around? Is there anybody there? Mind you? There's no houses anywhere, there's not a neighborhood. It's not a street and I realized there was a fence right next to me, like a picket fence. And I go on my tippy toe and I look about the fence and throwing up this house. There's a house. There's two cars, the only house. Go and knock on their door. Nice gentlemen opens the door. There was super nice. It took us like probably an hour and a half figure out this local towing company and they said, yeah, we'll come get your car and we'll take you to the airport. Great when eleven pm. So she hangs up the phone like, oh my god, thank you so much. And then she looks at me and she goes, okay, shall we go find your crop circle? Are you serious? But we live there our whole lives. You've never seen one. You're saying, it's right here, let's go. Not always lost Yet. We get into their car. She's driving. I'm sitting next to her husband behind me with the map that I gave him, and he's navigating old country roads, third roads. Get to this place. We thought that looks like the pictures. We recognize the trees. We climb up. I bought a drone for that trip, so I was like, okay, I have a drone, I'll send it up there in three sixty overview and see what I see. So I get the drone up and at the end of that three sixty the crop circles get into my frame.
Speaker 5: That Oh my god, look at it.
Speaker 3: I kept lippening to me. I feel like the flow of the universe Amian's God.
Speaker 5: Or one with me.
Speaker 1: Against his own expectations, the universe plays along. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe it's pattern recognition. Maybe it's dumb luck or good space rock luck. The important part isn't whether the crop circle means anything. It's why people keep chasing them. His name is a lawn. If you like, go check out Alan's YouTube channel. It's called I'm not joking. It's fucking aliens Bro one hundred percent worth it. I'm recording this at ten oh seven am. I know that because I just looked at my phone, and if you're listening to this, it's no longer ten oh seven. It might be morning, it might be late. You might be on a walk or just counch roding somewhere, which already tells you something strange about time. React like time is this solid thing we're all standing inside together, like there's one shared now that we're all moving through. But according to science, that's not actually how it works. Physics says there is no universal present, no masterclock, just events happening, stacked differently depending on where you are. So when I say it's ten oh seven am, that moment is already gone, but this sentence is happening for you right now. What that means in real life is this time isn't something you're writing on. It's something you're coordinating with. We schedule our lives around it, and we measure ourselves against it. We panic when we feel behind it, but it's not actually moving the way we think it is. What's moving is us your attention, your decisions. Those are what create the feeling of time passing. That's why some days fly by and this monologue is dragging. That's why one conversation can change everything and then ten years can disappear quietly. Time doesn't speed up or slow down, your experience does. So if you feel like you're running out of time or just waiting for the right moment, think about this. There may not be a single now in the whole universe, but there's always a moment where you're making a choice, sending a text, avoiding the conversation, showing up, not showing up. That's the only part of time you actually touch. So wherever you're hearing this, whatever time it is for you, that's just the point of contact. Not the clock, not the calendar, just a moment where something happens because you were there. Once you accept that reality is not as fixed as it feels, a lot of these stories stops sounding like fairy tales and start to look like data points on a graph we just don't fully understand yet. For decades, there has been one place more than any other, where time, perception, secrecy, and experience all seem to collide. A place that was built for keeping secrets, a place you can't even get a solid satellite image of, a place that officially did not exist until it did. Area fifty one. There's one story that sits right at the center of Area fifty one, whether you want it to or not, a story that didn't just introduce flying saucers to American culture, but permanently fuse them to this secret military base in the Nevada Desert. At the center of that story is a man named Bob Lazar. This guy didn't claim to see something strange in the sky. He claimed to work inside the system itself, reverse engineering flying saucers. Bob Lazar's story is either the longest running hoax in modern UFO history or one of the most dangerous truths ever spoken out loud. This story refuses to die more about to try and make sense of all of it. I didn't just want another opinion. I wanted the person who has spent years closest to this story, closest to Bob Lazar himself. If this is all a lie, I'm honestly just impressed at this point. And if it's not, then a human revelation has been sitting right in front of us. This entire time.
Speaker 7: News articles once again mentioned the talk about alien spacecraft, things of alien origin flying in.
Speaker 8: Nevada out of nowhere like a shiroco in the desert. He was in Silhouette comes forward on the news and says, we are reverse engineering alien spacecraft at a place called Area fifty one, which you haven't heard about.
Speaker 5: Nine flying saucers.
Speaker 8: I was part of that program, and now I'm worried about my life, a threat to my personal safety.
Speaker 5: That's my story.
Speaker 7: The live interview Drew International attention. Portions were broadcast by radio in six European countries and an a nationally televised TV special in Japan. His real name is Robert Lazar. He says he was hired to work at an area called S four. At S four, he says, are flying saucers, anti matter reactors, technology that is seemingly beyond human capability. Lazar's story is by any stand It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 7: He's telling it in order to protect himself.
Speaker 5: Who's this Lazar guy? I don't know. Can we believe him? Can we not? Is he a liar? I'm gonna find out.
Speaker 1: Hi Strange is a production by Tenderfoot TV in association with iHeart Podcasts, Created, hosted and edited by myself Payne Lindsay. Executive producers are myself and Donald Albright. Editing by Mike Rooney, Cooper Skinner and myself. Original scorer by Makeup and Vanity Set, Sound design, mixing and mastering by Cooper Skinner. Additional production by Mike Rooney, Dylan Harrington, Eric Quintana, Sean Nurney, and Meredith Steedman. Our cover art is by Polygon Special Thanks to Orrin Rosenbaum and the whole team at UTA, the Nord Group, Station sixteen, and Beck Media and Marketing. Check out the show's website at high Strange dot com, and if you're enjoying the show, please help us out by rating and reviewing the podcast and share it with your friends. Thanks for listening.