Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty and Gee arms Wrong Get.
Speaker 2: It live from the studio Sea signor Teep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Giddy Information Complex.
Speaker 1: This is the Armstrong in Getty Show Live, Tuesday, October twenty second, the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four. This morning, laboring under the tutelage of Honorary General Manager, the Poles is in. I don't want to hear another stinking word about the polls. I can wait till the two weeks from Tuesday. Whatever it is enough analysis. I believe mister Armstrong is approaching the studio rapidly. I saw the the text, Michael, could you interpret that for me? Is on as well? Yeah, he should be on his way. Great, Well, I hate to get a head of steam going have him walk in interrupt with this gibberish as often happens. Katie, I'm not wrong, but am I wrong?
Speaker 3: No'm not gonna argue with you on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh there, right, yeah, yeah, anyway, yeah, okay, oh hey there's Jack play the door. My hey, it is Hey, look it's Jack. What's the giggling about. You're walking around you break giggling and everybody looks at you. I've had that happen before. You're talking about the World Series coming up? Love that Yankees? Uh, what you do? I'm going to get the Dodgers had today. That's my goal is go to the mall and get a today. Wow. Well that heavily on the Yankees, folks. That's right, that's right. I do have that effect. Superhuman, your your Greek godlike ability to alter the outcome of events. You are the god of screwing things. What would it be your superpower as what? Well, you're the cooler. It's an odd gift. Yeah, Jack's a cooler.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have rooted for many very hot teams throughout the many years we've been on the air that then lost. Yeah, like I bought a forty nine Ers hat when they were undefeated last year and then they lost like four games in a row until I burnt my hat in the grill, and then they started winning again the super Bowl. Yeah, that's cause and effect, folks. Yeah, yeah, it's exactly. It's science. Believe the science. I believe science. That phrase, Oh that makes my skin get up. No kidding, no kidding. We are two weeks today from the presidential election. That's pretty exciting, and it looks like the closing arguments are going to be stupid.
Speaker 4: We can talk about that later.
Speaker 1: Our general manager, for what it's worth, was the polls is then I don't want to hear another stinking word about them.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, all of them. Okay, if anybody's going to bring them up, it just should be.
Speaker 1: They're tied and doesn't look like they're going to be anything butt tied on election day, So there you go. I do have what I think will be some interesting information about polling that I think most people don't understand. If you would like to be more knowledgeable, stay with us. The closing arguments, among other things, seem to be the last twenty four hour news cycle was minimum wage, which makes me insane. I like it being front and center is an issue because it's a good basic economics issue, but the fact that the sitting vice president and decent chance of being president's going around making that moronic, freaking you couldn't be more pandering argument that people can't live on fifteen thousand dollars a year that's that's starvation wages.
Speaker 4: Minimum wage needs to be racent.
Speaker 1: It's just it makes me so crazy, But that works for a big chunk of America, which of course is you know, is the problem.
Speaker 4: You got leaders going around, tell them then, the minimum wage is designed.
Speaker 1: To live on, right, it will support a family of four on obviously, anybody who does anything whatsoever. You go down to the mirror fogging plant and you just haugh on a mirror and fog it.
Speaker 4: The mirror ought to be able to that ought to.
Speaker 1: Be able to feed a family of four because you have shown up and done something literally anything that should be a family supporting wage. Says, well, it's not. It's the flip side of that argument that really convinced me when I was much younger, of the whole minimum wage thing, not the because while that makes sense, it sounds like you know, there there there are skills that aren't worth blah blah blah. The reverse of it is what's always made the best argument to me. You've got to be able to have jobs that don't require much, but you need a human to do that that you can have as a I don't know, a restaurant, a bookstore, a radio station.
Speaker 4: A whatever you are, you need to have.
Speaker 1: Some positions are really low skilled, but you need a human being, and you can't be forced by the government to pay them a living.
Speaker 4: Wage to do that stupid job.
Speaker 1: You give it to a college kid or a high school kid, or an old person or somebody who wants a second job or whatever. But yeah, you have to be a You can't have the government outlaw entry level jobs. That are side of the argument's always made the best sense to me. Yeah, I would agree. We need to recapture the concept of the entry level or starter job and refer to these jobs in that way. It's not an insult. It's a wonderful thing. It's a springboard. It's you'd not be littling little league by calling it little league and implying it somehow hurtful to say those twelve year olds couldn't play in the majors. They can't. They're chill, they don't have the skills. Starter jobs are a wonderful thing. They're a stepping stone. What do you, stowe, I almost used a disparaging term. That would have been unfortunate. What do you Poor people who haven't fully thought this through need to hear to understand.
Speaker 4: So you got, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You need somebody to answer your phones at your business, and you got the kind of business where it's like the phone rings four times a day, so it's not much to the job. You need somebody to answer your phones in case somebody calls. So you can either hire somebody for minimum wage that's willing to do that and they could study in their free time or do whatever, or the government mandates that that has to be a living wage, and you can't have somebody answer your phones because it just doesn't make sense to pay somebody that much to answer the phones. You really don't need a PhD in economics to understand this stuff. But it just oh, all right, this is our job. This is our job to help people understand. And I'm not talking about you and me and just the world conserve. This is our task. It's our challenge. The reason I bring it up is, uh. Trump was asked about it in the French fry window the other day and he did kind of a dodge answer because he didn't want to commit to raising the minimum wage because he understands the economics of it as a businessman. Kamala Harris was asked about it and said, as you see, Donald Trump does not care about the working place, the working person in this country.
Speaker 4: Minimum wage is starvation wages. Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It was the lead story on a couple of the national newscasts last night.
Speaker 4: ABC Evening News led with the minimum wage story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you're buying it, put down your delicious paste, wipe off the drool, and go vote for Kamala Harris. Well, well you shouldn't, actually, because your minimum wage job will go away. It's not like you're gonna make more money. And we've tried it in California recently and the mask in the biggest group of cases. The job is gonna go away, or they'll replace it, the replace it with the machine, or they'll consolidate hours or something.
Speaker 4: But it isn't going to help you in general.
Speaker 1: Gavin Newsom just put tens of thousands of fast food workers out of work in the state of California by artificially pushing the minimum way tire. That is the simple truth. Yeah, I wish that argument wasn't you know, didn't take three sentences to make as they say, if you're explaining you're losing, which is a pretty stupid system. So you're not allowed to have anything so complicated that it requires explanation to become elected. I'm going to say this, well, I'm going to say it privately. Okay, this is just between us friends. The greatest thinkers of the Enlightenment, which included our founding fathers, understood that if you entrusted people who couldn't understand these simple concepts to vote, that would kind of ruin everything. So you can say landed white males if you want. Race got nothing to do with it. Sex has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. But if you don't get what we've been talking about, you shouldn't vote. You're too dumb. Now back to the usual tone of voice. Okay, let's start the show Officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this it is How did it already get to be? Tuesday, October twenty second, the year twenty twenty four. We are Armstrong and getting We approve of this program intelligent me that was not elitist, because that would imply that, like the first the top twenty percent of intellects or wealth or whatever are the only people who matter. And that's not my point at all. I'm an anti moronest. I just want that bottom twenty percent to be eliminated from the electorate. I don't think that makes me an elitist. All right, let's begin the show officially then, according to FCC rules and rags leaping into action.
Speaker 5: At mark, it was announced that more than four hundred and seven elevens in the US will be closing by the end of the year. These seven elevens are closing due to declining sales as consumers pull back due to inflationary pressure. Coincidentally, inflationary pressure is also what you feel after eating a tube of seven eleven hot roller meats.
Speaker 1: Roller meats, that's a good term, roller meats pressure. Yeah, we got a new seven eleven in my orbit that is really nice, like brand new one, interesting, hundreds, really clean, like just like it's the best convenience store around. It's my main stop now if I'm going to stop at a comedience store. So m I wonder if congratulations, I wonder if they've changed their model. But a lot of seven elevens, I've been saying for years. If you're seeing seven eleven, you're in a bad area because that has been true for a long time.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, maybe they're changing their model AnyWho.
Speaker 1: It's actually mildly interesting why they're closing hundreds of seven elevens. It's uh, they say, inflationary pressures, which seems kind of silly to me. Also, declining cigarette sales have really hurt seventy wow wow yeah, yeah, because they made so much other profits on SIG's. And also they don't talk about this, but theft, absolutely theft. Another corporate giant makes a huge adjustment to the way they conduct retail and is not willing to say it's because everybody steals. Now, if you're in line at a mid grade convenience store, nine out of ten customers are getting cigarettes, an energy drink, and a lottery ticket. Nine out of ten. Could I stand in line with them all the time buying other things? How does mailbag look very nice? Looking forward to it? Fantastic? That's on the way. Our text line is four one, five, two nine five KFDZ. The most interesting and terrifying thing going on in the world is the Bricks conference that is going on starting today in Russia. I wants to talk about that a little bit later. Russia not quite as isolated over Ukraine as you would like, or maybe you're led to believe right solutely true. And speaking of foreign policy and foreign relations, the leak of the Israeli attack plan is just an outrage. It's almost certainly from the State Department, the US State Department. Oh Man, there needs to be a hanging on a south lawn, but it probably won't be anyway. Why I would assume not, well, we call soft now would that would lead the news? All right? Then they hungered the National Security Advisor today on the south lawn.
Speaker 4: It's horrified. Children watched on.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not naming any names. A third grade field trip had to avert their eyes. The tour group said, well, I didn't expect this. Quote unquote, here's your freedom loving quote of the day from Thomas Jefferson. This is a classic. This reminds me the whole minimum wage thing. I wish more people are aware of this dynamic. I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it. People think of safety and the government stepping in to straighten things out as entirely a positive most people do, which is disturbing. But again, as I said before, for whatever reason, I'm feeling kind of plucky and optimistic today, which is odd. I'm thinking, Okay, what's wrong with that? I know, I know, I was so exhausted yesterday and just worn out and sleep deprived, and I just feel great today. But anyway, now my attitude today is all right, that's that's the job. Then, that's my life's work is to help people understand that, even if it's just a few people a little bit, you know, as life's work goes, that's it's pretty good. So on with the battle. Don't worry. I'll give up within a half hour, folks, mail bag. The old me that people have come to love will be back shortly, so it's okay, please bear with us. Is the old Joe is returning any more than optimistic? Let's see. I've had to arrange mailback differently because of a technical issue. But here we go, guys. I'm an undecided voter. I don't like either candidate for my president, so I'm voting for vice president. I'm choosing the one i'd prefer to be in charge if at some point the next president's unable to serve seems reasonable to me in better Nini meaning miney moo loyal listener for I don't know how many years. Thanks Dianne. Nice to hear from you. I do want to talk about this we almost did yesterday. Just the idea of what your vote means to you. Different people have different thoughts on that. Definitely a lot of you seem to cherish your vote a lot more or it reflects your personality a lot more than I feel mine does. Yeah, let's see on the topic of men in women's volleyball, Emily as former cal Unicornian who recently escaped to beautiful Red, Idaho. That's her words. Since you've spent a lot of time discussing the dude playing on the San Jose State University and women's volleyball team lately, I was wondering if you'd heard about the women's high school volleyball player in North Carolina, Peyton McNabb. I have. Indeed, in twenty two she was playing a conference game. There was a dude playing on the other team. He spiked the volleyball hit Peyton directly in the face seventy miles per hour. She was immediately knocked unconscious, suffered a brain bleed and concussion, and permanent whiplash in her neck. She has since become an ambassador for Independent Women's Forum an advocate for girls' sports, but will have lifelong injuries because of this woke bull crap. And I wish I could say the word and cowardice of those in charge who would rather bow down to an ideology than protect young girls and women. A men Emily Branch sister, And it's amazing that that's not a everyone knows it household name national story the way it might be if somebody outwardly misgendered, someone like you refuse to call them by their new trans name, that could blow up into a giant story. This Nah, nobody's interesting. It's amazing that women aren't driving this. Yes, absolutely, yeah, it's shocking. And I could go into details why I think that is, but we don't really have time right now. But moving along temporarily and remind me of that topic. I have more to say, Seawan writes, guys, new TikTok trends is the topic. I've seen some dumb and problematic TikTok challenges at the school I work at. How do I start one. I'm thinking the prepared challenge, students taunting me at the start of class with multiple sharpened pencils, shaking their worksheets at me on the correct page before I can even read the slide dunking on me with homework completed early sean.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful fantasy.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That is really funny. Total change of topic from John the impending World War. Regardless of how any of these countries aligned with each other, should we not be drilling the absolute hell out of oil in this country. We know we don't have the manufacturing capacity we need, but we have no chance of ramping it up without oil. Manufacturing capacity starts with energy, and I'm not talking about a friggin win mill, well said Johnny Boy. It's right, we'll build the tanks to take on Russia and China with solar power. And didn't buy oil from Iran? I guess I don't know. Wow, Iran's there in Russia too. They're fitting in with the whole bricks conference. If you hadn't heard about it, it's frightening Armstrong and Getty And.
Speaker 6: The big question, of course, is are the Poles and the and the poll inaccuracies. Are they going to mirror what we saw in twenty twenty which would help Trump, or are they going to mirror what we saw in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Two which would help Paris. We don't know, and these numbers are unreliable. One hundred percent. Yeah, all the poles are tied, as we said earlier, which is one of the reasons we're not going to talk.
Speaker 4: About poles much. But that is that is the question.
Speaker 1: Really. If it is what it has been the last two presidential cycles, Trump's gonna win because he overperforms the poles. If it's like the twenty twenty two midterms where the big giant red wave was coming according to the poles, but never showed up, and Harris is probably going to win, you have to wait. Coming up in a couple of minutes. What most people don't understand about the polls and a lot of misperceptions that people have about polling in general. Who I think you may find at least mildly interesting. Love that this should be more than mildly interesting. It's the most important thing probably going on in the world today. And I have read this quote twenty times since it happened on March twenty second, twenty twenty three, after Jijing Ping visited Vladimir Putin and Moscow and he was leading the Kremlin and I don't know if he knew this was caught on mike or not, but somebody was standing there and recorded right before he got in the limo Gee turns to Putin and says, there are changes happening, the likes of which we haven't seen for one hundred years. Let's drive those changes together, and Putin said, I agree. I think that will go down as a major moment in world's history and one of the most chilling gnostications of things to come ever. Ever, Yeah, I agree completely, and I'm glad the two of them are as old as they are. Yeah, hope Spring's eternal lit what comes next might be better, But yeah, they're absolutely in tentan on doing harm to the current world order.
Speaker 4: And to that.
Speaker 1: The Brick Summit is going on right now in Russia. So somebody came up the Brick acronym several years back to represent this is before we saw Russia as evil as they are now. But at the time it was Brazil, Russia, India, China as emerging economies in like the growing big power Block. And at the time it wasn't frightening. Now it's frightening, and they've added an s to it to include South Africa, and now actually they call it bricks plus, kind of like LGBTQ plus, where you add in a whole bunch of countries.
Speaker 4: And the fact that they're meeting in Russia.
Speaker 1: So Vladimir Putin, who we were going to isolate on the world stage and he would be all alone and a pariah, as our president said over and over again, not a pariah is so much as he has world leaders meeting in his country that represents well over half of the world's population and are all happy to get together with Vladimir Putin. So she got Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa there along with well, just the fact that you got Putin and sheet together in Russia is enough. But along with Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, and the UAE, who in theory is a friend of ours, all getting together and talking about how they structure the world to their benefit. And obviously we Great Britain, France, these old Western democracies are not part of this whole thing. No, No, the utopian idea that there's anything other than power and self interest that motivates nations is just kind of silly. If your power is completely assured and your self interests are being well served well often for pr purposes, you will act as if international harmony and moral goodness and the rest of it are your highest priority. And it's easy to do because you got the main two covered. It's like, yeah, I've got oxygen and food, so yeah, I'm going to carry on about having the right colored dish towels. But then when that order, when that power, that structure of power stability is shaken up, then you go back to the old stuff. And we were just we had that power and stability and self interest served for so long we fell for the delusions I think as a country well that I've just described right, and this idea that we can just force the rest of the world to treat us as the king forever that we bought into somehow. And remember when Russia went into Ukraine under Obama's watch, and Secretary of State Carrie said that was an eighteenth century move in a twenty first world. As if those words mattered to Vladimir Putin and all, as if ye have Putin cried himself to sleep that night. I've made a fool of myself and Biden talking about isolating Putin him and him becoming a pria. And now he's hosting this giant conference that includes the second biggest economy in the world and an Indian you know, over half the population, as I said, and Vladimir Zelinsky's really unhappy about this. The freaking Secretary General of the UN is going to be there. Wow, So Russia invades its neighbor just because it wants to slaughtering people left around. This is the president of the UN that lectures Israel for bombing hospitals and genocide. Russia has been bombing kids, little schools, just becuz for years now. And the UN Secretary General is going to be in Russia at the Bricks conference right right well, And unlike the forces of Hamas at Hesbola, the Ukrainians don't house military installations in personnel action elementary schools for the very purpose of having those kids killed. Yeah, it's actually just a kindergarten. And Russia bombs on purpose to kill kindergarteners. And Putin's not quite the prior we're hoping part of it is, can we bulldoze the un place? Can we just bulldoze it or just claim that there's a bed bug infestation. We've just got to fumigate it, make everybody leave, and then clear out their crap, and then you know, to make it luxury condos or a tennis club. I don't care literally anything. Yeah, change the locks man would have wasted space and money. Yeah. And there's there's a certain amount of hubris that I think we all have as Americans that when I hear that sort of stuff that op Putin's made a mistake and he's on the wrong side of the United States. You know that there's you know, it's gonna be tough. Apparently not so much. Apparently we do not control the rest of the world as much as we as we would like or claim. Right right now at the same time, man, that's a bad situation right there. At the same time, the isolation has surged to withdraw American power from the international scene. It's just suicidal, right. I mean to say that nature abhors a vacuum understates how much nature really abhors a vacuum. I mean into that vacuum will flow Chinese, Russian Iranian and North Korean power quicker and you can say apocalypse anyway, What a cheery discussion this is. Well, and if you care about American interest, having the bricks plus group be the dominant power on Earth is not going to help your job or anything you care about. So complete change of topic here, if we may the question of polling, and you know who's got it right and wrong, and how the election looks. Well, I've refuse to discuss any specific polling, but I've been reading a fair amount about the polling as a science and what the current polsters are trying to accomplish. And the one thing I want to layter rest is, and I hear this fair amount on the right, kind of the populist right, is that pollsters are intentionally trying to screw Trump and make them look bad, whether to depress turnout or because they don't like Trump or what have you. And I happen to know I have a very close relative who worked for a while in a polling organization, one you've heard of, and they are desperate, desperate to be accurate. Yeah, I know, I'm not a cynic about polls, the big major ones that they usually use for the averages. Right, They've got so much interest in being right, that's the best.
Speaker 4: Keep the model.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep in mind that they do research and polling three hundred Well, they take vacations with three hundred and sixty five days a year for all sorts of political and corporate interests, governments and just you name it. And accuracy is their sales pitch, and so they're desperate to get it right. It's just very, very difficult these days on three ish different levels. Number One, reaching people because of technological change. And then the people you can reach more easily than others tend to be demographically and psychographically different than the people who are more difficult to reach, So that's a serious challenge. And then you get into kind of the multi level quandary of who is going to actually vote because that changes, And that's like, that's what keeps them up at night, because you can.
Speaker 4: Pull like every single.
Speaker 1: Voting person in America, well a registered voter, likely voter in America, every single one You're sample sizes one hundred million people in UK. Say we pulled these hundred million people and fifty one percent of them are voting for Trump forty nine percent Kamala it's it's over, folks. But then turnout is going to be very different then what they said that even if they said they were absolutely likely going to vote. And so they do all this complicated sociological and technical research on who actually turns out in what districts, what sort of person blob, what age, all that, and they're trying they put together these complex algorithms trying to project who's actually going to vote, and it's really really hard. And then you've got people who who like to mess with folsters. I've done it at least once myself, and just to be contrary, because you're annoyed by one aspect of it or another, you give them an incorrect answer. So have you have you done? Have you done that with like big political stuff? I've done it with like stuff that doesn't matter, but I don't think I've ever done it with big politics thing. I don't know if I stuck around for a politics poll, but like, you know, hey, just a quick poll from blah blah blah corporation.
Speaker 4: Do you eat potatoes in your house? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of potatoes. How many potatoes do you think you eat? I don't know, five pounds a day? You know something like that. I can't, you know, I wish I could remember the specifics. It would really help to us story to get a potato right now. I really never stopped. I sought my alarm at night to get up in the middle of the night and need another potato. Oh yeah, I wake up and think, you know what I need? I need another potato, and I get out, I go to the kitchen.
Speaker 4: I brush my teeth with potatoes. I'd bathe in potatoes.
Speaker 1: I send my kids to school with a sack of fll of potatoes real lunch. Uh. No, I've actually been pulled several times because I have done it out of curiosity about the process, and so I'm on some sort of list. But yeah, I can't remember. It was some sort of issues pulling, and they said it would take two minutes, and it was like four minutes into it, and right they're like, what do you think of coastal erosion? Favor more water less land? Yes, sir, I can't remember what the hell it was. It was some obscure thing, and I was done. I was through caring, but didn't want to hang up anyway, that's funny. Anyway, I suppose we could get into more detail, but set a Stanford University political scientist, because of the shift of black and Latino voters toward Trump, the proliferation of online surveys, it's all creating potential sources of additional error because they're just there. The patterns of yesteryear that they used to make accurate turnout predictions are just way up in the air. So he says we're headed for a disaster in terms of polling.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, Mark Alpern.
Speaker 1: I watch his news round up every day because he has all these posters and various people on every afternoon.
Speaker 4: I watch it.
Speaker 1: And his big thing he's saying right now is he says, I want everybody right now watching everyone be prepared for your favorite candidate to lose. I want everybody to be prepared for their favorite so it doesn't come as a surprise, because it could. It could be a landslide either direction in the electoral College. Yeah, as things stand right now, a landslide very easily for Harris or Trump. It wouldn't take crutch and so be prepared for your candidate to lose. It's not just like, how could that possibly happen?
Speaker 4: Easily? Very easily. It could happen.
Speaker 1: Well, and I wish more people could hear this conversation for multiple reasons. But uh yeah, because there will be good cries of outrage. Trump was ahead by half a point. How could he have lost Wisconsin? Right? Well, because polling's the best that we got. But it's not very good. No, and that's all that's within the margin of error, which means error.
Speaker 4: Which means it could have been wrong.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah. Yeah, but there's a lot of money and a lot of clicks to be had by alleging nefarious activity. Yeah. I've never been particularly worried about polls being unfair. That's of all the things I worry about going on in politics in America, that's not one for the reasons you just stated.
Speaker 4: They have so much reason to want to be accurate.
Speaker 1: You know how much money you would make if you emerged as the clear most accurate polling organization. Oh yeah, you'd be so rich you wouldn't care who won election. Right. We've got Katie's headlines on the way and lots of good stuff today trying to find out I heard yesterday do you know Andrew Sullivan, gay conservative brighter pundit dude? Anyway, I read Andrew in a long time. He's a super smart guy. Yeah, he doesn't like Trump at all, but I saw him right over the weekend. Anybody who thinks that Colin Kamala, a S Vice president making a joke about Arnold Palmer's large junk or the McDonald's drive through hurt him as opposed to help him, doesn't understand the Trump thing at all. And I would agree, No, they don't. Yeah. Yeah, if you think this clearly unhinged and people will recognize it, are you kidding?
Speaker 4: He killed with all three of those things.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to talk about some of that stuff and the most dishonest ad I've ever seen. You're in favor of getting rid of misinformation disinformation democrats? You are really I'd like to chat with you next hour, please, But first let's get the lead story with Katie Green who's reporting what Katie?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Guys, Starting with the New York Times. It's leaders are dead, it's ranks are depleted, yet Hamas remains hard to defeat.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Oh you gotta say defeated. I mean because it was rhyming really beautifully fake news. Yeah, well they're pretty defeated. Yeah, yeah, I would like to read that.
Speaker 4: Where was that? That's New York Times. Okay, I will check that out.
Speaker 3: NBC Elon Musk's one million dollars swing state voter lottery falls into legal gray area according to experts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe brought this up yesterday and made an excellent point.
Speaker 1: The whole people spend more money on that all the time, on ads to try to convince you to sign a petition.
Speaker 4: That's okay. But if he just says, hey, I'll give a.
Speaker 1: Million dollars randomly to people, so go out and sign it.
Speaker 4: That's a crime somehow.
Speaker 1: Oh well, every every lefty news outlets is it legal? Yeah, I have a feeling we'll find out. Yes, it's perfectly legal. He's just having people sign a petition, and he's making a little a contest, right, it's the idea that he's buying, you know, a petition or whatever you're telling me.
Speaker 4: That doesn't happen all the time. That's what's the difference.
Speaker 1: If you spend one hundred million dollars on billboards and ads and sending people to my door, it's the same thing. CNN.
Speaker 3: Both candidates take millions in donations from elderly dementia patients.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how does that work?
Speaker 3: This this is going along with the non stop barrage of text messages that both candidates are sending people for donations, and apparently they're getting more of the elderly and the sick than anything.
Speaker 1: Man. Thanks, I hope they stop on my phone after the election. It's just annoying.
Speaker 3: From the Washington Post, housing costs are rising everywhere, but especially in the Swing States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a number of people have made that point that the housing situation is even worse inflation, all the stuff that matters to the election. It's worse in the Swing States than on average.
Speaker 4: From the Independent.
Speaker 3: Music may speed up recovery from surgery, according to scientists.
Speaker 1: I have no doubt Unleash's positive brain chemicals and hormones in ways. We probably are just just scratching the surface of understanding.
Speaker 3: From ABC News, woman stuck upside down between two boulders trying to retrieve her phone freed after seven hours.
Speaker 4: Doe, I saw this video. We got to go into this story. I got more detail on it coming up.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're meme of the day. It's the picture of baby Yoda and he's squinting. That says apparently referring to screaming kids in a store as seaman demons is not publicly acceptable.
Speaker 1: You wow, wow, No it's not. It's not on the show either. It's a worse turn I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: And finally from the Babylon B sixth woman added to the cast of the view.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that growing ideas that he's not much of a man.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the airport that's outlawed? Long hugs. That's another thing we need to talk about later.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty