Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlywed?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Kaylen Miller Keys and Jared haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Welcome to a brand new special edition of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 1: Is it brand new? Yes? Is it a special edition? You'd be the judge. You'll find out in about forty minutes when the podcast ends and you're like, oh, that was either really good or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I was expecting a big bomb to drave. Can someone get us a nice headline this week?
Speaker 1: Please? Kaylin?
Speaker 2: Perhaps, Well that's usually your duty, So we'll see what you come up with this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, like Dean talk, I mean, there'll be a headline somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: You guys want to talk about duty. We do that a lot on this podcast already. H no, no, oh yeah right. Well, so for the listeners, I am home in Las Vegas, in our beautiful home, and Kaylin's not with me, and it makes me really really sad, and it's just it's well, it's just funny. How normally it's the opposite way of this. You're here, I'm gone, But now I'm here and you're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dean is on dutiful dog dad duty. There's a lot of d's. Dean came home to watch out because tonight I'm going to Taylor Swift and then tomorrow I leave for my bachelorette. So he's taking care of the little guy while I do fun things like that.
Speaker 1: Where's t Swift?
Speaker 2: La?
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for you. Are you gonna have so much fun?
Speaker 2: Yes? I just feel like a little scatterbrained, like there's so much going on Taylor Swift, my bachelorette, Like so many texts are coming through about plans for tonight and tomorrow, and I feel a little, a little frazzled, but excited.
Speaker 1: What's frazzling?
Speaker 2: You just like timing of things, and you know, people flying in, scheduling arrivals and then sending out fits and all sorts of things. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, Jared, did you have a bachelor party? I can't remember you had like a smaller one or something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well we did that small one in La where it was just we, like, my buddy Chad came into town. And then I don't think you came golfing with us. I think you had something to do. But then you came to dinner that night and it would just be Nick Chad Tanner. And then I had a small one on the East Coast because I didn't want people to have to you know, it's quite a long flight, you know, coast to coast. It's not like and oh just flying an hour, it's quick. It's a six hour flight. So then I did a very small thing on the East Coast as well, where it was my dad, my two cousins, my brother in law, and one of my close friends Kenny, and we went golfing and then went to a low sino and just went out that night. So but it was fun, it was a good time. I don't know. I listen, so before I say anything, klin Is, is your bachelor at party a one day, one night thing. What's the length of.
Speaker 2: This Thursday to Sunday? And damn it seems like yeah, I know, I know, I just really I wanted it to last as long as it possibly could. And it does feel like a long time, but it feels like a good amount of time because people get there Thursday evening, we've got Friday, we've got Saturday, we leave Sunday.
Speaker 1: So it feels good. And then what's the itinerary?
Speaker 2: So I planned everything myself because I am just very type A and I knew exactly how I wanted it, so I just planned it all. And Tomorrow, Yeah, Tomorrow, we're just gonna have a pizza party, very chill. The next day we have this picnic that I'm super excited about. So this brand, Selki sent us everyone a dress and they're like these very long, romantic gowns, and that what I envisioned was like a Bridgerton style picnic tea party. So we're all going to be in these you know, over the top dresses. And then I'm surprising everyone with a puppy party. So there's a dog rescue in San Diego and they're bringing in puppies and senior dogs and so we're gonna like, you know, have lunch and a tea party and then just have little dogs running around. So that's Friday.
Speaker 1: Are these dogs adoptable?
Speaker 2: Yes, And so I'm going to share like, you know, the personalities and everything about them on my socials and hopefully get them adopted.
Speaker 1: But you're getting a dog this weekend.
Speaker 4: Bro, Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 2: Was I was gonna send you.
Speaker 4: Let me just show you.
Speaker 2: He is so cute, so seniors and puppies. Obviously we're not a puppy family. His name is.
Speaker 1: Chapo, Chapo el Chapel.
Speaker 2: Look how cute.
Speaker 4: He's so cute his tongue hangs out. But yeah, I'm super excited. So the girls don't know.
Speaker 2: About that, and I feel like they'll all be super excited about it. Keep saying excited. That's just the word of the weekended weekend.
Speaker 1: Do you think Alison was excited for us to get Chapo?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, ideally, I would love to get him, but it's not realistic.
Speaker 4: Also, d D is super cute.
Speaker 1: Why is it not realistic?
Speaker 2: Because we fly a lot with al and usually I'm flying alone to meet Dean somewhere, so I couldn't fly with two dogs.
Speaker 1: Also, it's it's frustrating.
Speaker 3: How like a plane ticket for us is sixty bucks, let's say, and then it's all no matter how far or how short the flight is, it's one hundred and ten dollars for a dog. So it's like, how does my dog cost more than my seat? Just it would be a lot to spend two hundred dollars every single time we flew somewhere with the.
Speaker 2: Puppies technically be four hundred. R owl's two hundred right now. Yeah, the return, yes, so we couldn't we couldn't do it. But I'm going to try to convince my friends to get another dog or a dog nice.
Speaker 3: That's great, Hopefully they end up adopting some How many people are going to your bachelorette.
Speaker 4: There's nine of us, so it feels like a good amount.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And on Saturday we have pickleball, so I got custom pickleball paddles for everyone, matching dresses for everyone. And I don't know, Dian and I were talking about this. I put ring the bells that's kind of like our wedding.
Speaker 4: Hashtag or squashed this.
Speaker 1: I thought we figured it out.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm still not convinced. So it says ring the bells bells is b E L L apostrophe s Is it supposed to have the apostrophe or is it not it's supposed to He says yes, I think no.
Speaker 1: And also, Dean, there's no way on your wedding weekend that anybody is going to be doing a hashtag with an apostrophe in it. It's just whether you want to have an apostrophe or not. It's not going to well a, I don't I don't care about the hashtags.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not for the hashtag. It's for my own OCD because the pickleball paddles say ring the bells with an apostrophe, and I thought it wasn't supposed to have one. So it's driving me crazy.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to have it. What Okay, let me just everything aside real quick. When you hear ring the bells in our from our perspective, what do you think of? Like where does your head go?
Speaker 1: Bells? Obviously like Santa Okay, Kaitlin, yeah, same, Like what are the what are the bells that are being wrong? Are they us?
Speaker 2: Like the bell like ringing a big bell? Yeah, like something like that, oh coming, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's why you guys don't like the apostrophe. The point of the phrase ring the bells in our sense is because it is that, but it's also saying like we're putting rings on our fingers and we're becoming bells. So in order for it to be a play on words specific to us, it has to be possessive, and it's like saying we're ringing ourselves. That's that's where the disconnect is. That's how I perceive it. I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure i'm not. But it's saying like we're ringing ourselves, and that's it's also a common phrase for getting phrase for getting married is ring the bells.
Speaker 2: Okay, Maddie and Easton say it does need an apostrophe. I do want to say, while you were teaching us, Diane has mentioned a few times that he wants to be a substitute teacher, and I think you'd be really good at it. Oh yeah, you're so calm with teaching us.
Speaker 1: Great check, Thank you so much. It's funny.
Speaker 3: Through some of my hikes, I've met some teachers on like the mountains, and every time I meet one, I'm like, like, I'm It's hard for me to say I'm jealous, because like, if I really wanted to do it, I could go and teach. And also it's hard to be envious of a teacher in today's world because they're so underappreciated and undervalued. But I would love to be a teacher, like a substitute pe teacher. I could be a substitute math teacher or just like a general any any type of subjects, as long as it's like sixth grade or below. But yeah, that's that's my dream vocation if it paid a reasonable amount, which I'm here to advocate for teachers getting paid more.
Speaker 1: I think they should be paid more.
Speaker 3: It's crazy that we have so much, like so much of our future is based on our youth, and yet we're still paying teachers, you know, forty thousand dollars a year. It should be maybe not like as much as doctors or anything like that, but like it should definitely be at least a livable wage within you know, like maybe high five digits, even into the six digits.
Speaker 1: But that's a that's a subject for another time, I guess.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyways, I'll have to say I love I love the idea of being a teacher. It would be so much fun to work with kids. I feel like I am a kid, but like a bigger version of one, So it would be fun to like get to hang out with them and do all that kind of stuff. But Jared, to your point earlier about the flying from coast to coast for bachelor parties, I wanted to invite you to mine, which I still haven't really planned yet, by the way, but I like, I've got a couple other friends that live, like ones in New York, ones in Florida, and I feel really guilty about like asking them to come out to the West Coast for these three days.
Speaker 1: You know, I know it's tough. That's why, Calen, I'm so happy that your friends are coming out and you're having a long bachelorette party. But I didn't want to do that because I was like, I can't have people because most people are already flying to the wedding. So I was like, shit, now I'm going to make them pay for even another flight to a bachelorette or a bachelor party. I was like, I can't do that. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Well, that's uh.
Speaker 2: I had two girls coming in from North Carolina, and I felt really guilty about it. They can't come anymore, so everyone is either driving in. I have a friend flying in from Washington and then Jess Clark flying in from Denver. So the flights aren't terrible, and I really wanted to make it like as affordable as possible. People are only you know, I covered the hotel and everything and have most of the things covered because I just I wanted to people are spending so much on our wedding. I was like, I want you to spend it the least amount as possible, and I don't want you to stress, because I've seen my friends stress over planning bachelorettes, and that's why I was like, I'm just going to handle it. And it's been totally stress free for me to plan.
Speaker 4: It and fun.
Speaker 2: So not paying a lot and stress free that is that's the goal of this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's what I tried to do.
Speaker 3: But all of the ideas that I had, they the companies were like, no, okay, I lost kick Rocks. But that's that's been a big thing that my friends keep saying. I keep getting deflated because I've had like six people cancel on my bachelor party, which again still is unplanned. It's going to happen in three weeks, so I can understand why they can't slip, but they're like, oh, I just can't swing spending six hundred bucks for a weekend before spending however much to get to your wedding and be there at the wedding.
Speaker 1: So it's stressful. I feel guilty, Like you were.
Speaker 2: Saying, would you rather people come to the wedding or your bachelor party, if that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, wedding, obviously, it's not obviously, I don't think it's I don't think it's I don't think it's as far ahead as the bachelor party as you might think.
Speaker 3: Like with the bachelor party, it'll be a smaller crowd. They're like my closer friends. It'll be more like, you know, social in terms of like hanging out with the person. At the wedding, I feel like we're going to be so busy and occupied, Like, yes, I want my friends to come to both if they could, But the bachelor party might be a little higher upon the list than I think really. And I've talked to some married men, some people that I golf with in LA, and they're like, oh, you should. You should do engagement party least important, wedding second and most important, bachelor party most important.
Speaker 1: And they're like, you know, married ten years.
Speaker 3: So I kind of take their their word a little more seriously than someone else that hasn't been married, I guess, But like I don't, as long as as long as they come to one, just come to one.
Speaker 1: You So you'd rather have your best man go to your bachelor party than your wedding. Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 3: As someone that hasn't been married yet, I would say the wedding is the most important thing, but they were saying the bachelor party is more important.
Speaker 2: But I think like a traditional wedding, people aren't spending that much time with the people who attend, and I think with ours, we're going to be spending so much time with the people coming because it's like a unique situation, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I guess, but Jared, if you want to get away from the kid and the wife for a weekend, please come to the West Coast. You're more than welcome to. I haven't officially everyone because I haven't planned anything, but we'd love to have you out here.
Speaker 1: I would love to hopefully go. What was I gonna say? We've got first of all, the invitations that you guys had were quite beautiful, not gonna lie, Oh thank you. They're very nice and emerald green great color Ashley's favorite color, and uh it was it's like a pamphlet as you open it up and unfolds and there's so much like details to it. And then we were looking at the run of show If you Will and every She was like, would you like to do this on Friday? Because you have to sign up for things?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, we'll go to everything line on. I mean, if we're gonna be in town, can do everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, at this point, Caitlyn and I should be worried about getting kids and having them in Colorado because the schools are underfunded.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, you're proving that you're the exception. Are your brothers as good at math as you are?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, my brothers are so much smarter than me. It's so frustrating.
Speaker 2: There's at maths specifically or just in general.
Speaker 3: Uh, Ross Is, they're both pretty good at math. I'm probably the best at math. But they're both like really good at writing and science and all those other things. Brad like self taught himself how to code, and he was coding as like a teenager. Ross Is, Like, I was actually randomly thinking about this the other day. Ross has a lot more raw, like a lot more raw brain power, But Brad has like the motivation and dedication to like to like focus that brain power on something.
Speaker 1: And then I'm just like a mixture of both.
Speaker 3: I don't have as much raw brain power and I don't have the focus, and so I just am the dumbest one of the three of us, which kind of stinks. But you got the looks, baby, I disagree. I think both my brothers are way hotter than I am. I have the height. I'm like six two. They're six' one and six foot, so I at least have a little bit of height on them. Yeah, but it's six dude. If you're six feet you are fine. I'm come on now, come on. Yeah, No, I agree, but it's like the only thing that I have over them, So it's I'm going to hold on to that for as long as I can. Do you guys want to do this more than a fifth grader thing? Or do we want to talk about something else?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just feel like it's gonna embarrass me, but let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let me ask you this. How many nouns are in the following sentence? I'm looking for how many nouns there are? Ladies and gentlemen? Here we go. This is the sentence The rabbit ran to the cafeteria and ate a big salad. Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was counting as you.
Speaker 1: Three is the correct answer? What are what are the three nouns? Uh?
Speaker 2: Cafeteria, rabbit, rabbit, and there were something in the middle.
Speaker 1: The first slid solid, the rabbit ran to the cafeteria or the.
Speaker 3: Rabbit, the rabbit, the cafeteria and the salad. Yeah, we said, bro, what's the longest river in the US.
Speaker 2: I want to say Mississippi, but that's not right.
Speaker 4: Mississippi or Colorado?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jared, I don't know that the Colorado River, that's what.
Speaker 3: I would have thought, the Colorado too, or the Mississippi. But Mississippi is too obvious. It's actually the Missouri River. Oh it's stupid, Yeah, very stupid. All right, one more question. Who is credited for inventing electricity?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god, I would know this if you didn't just ask it.
Speaker 4: It's the pressure of it all.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, is it electricity? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Franklin, Benjamin Franklin.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your answer. I'm gonna let you talk clarer for a second.
Speaker 1: I love isn't with the kite in the lightning?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the question I'm trying to go off of the memory here. Maybe it was who invented the light bulb?
Speaker 1: Edison invented the light bulb, Yeah, Franklin, I think not certainly obviously never invented, but I think he might have discovered electricity with because remember he had the kite in the sky and the key on the string. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: I want to say, we're smarter than the fifth grader, aer you guys, not by much, bro Well, buy enough of a margin to make us feel good about ourselves.
Speaker 1: What are you most excited about for Taylor? What's the song? You gonna tell me? The all too well ten minute vision?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm excited for the surprise song. So there are so many news articles about this concert, it's crazy. And I made a playlist for my friend and I of all of the surprise songs she hasn't sung yet, so that's what I'm most excited for. And I just want a song from Fearless or a song from Speak Now and I'll be super happy. And it's just so so I've been listening. I think I'm just excited for the whole eras concept of it, because I've been listening to the playlist in order of the songs that she plays to, and it's just so crazy to think her first album came out when I was in sixth grade, and I just like grew up listening to our like, you know, having crushes on boys and getting my heart broken, like literally listening to Taylor Swift as cheesy as it sounds. So it's cool to like go through those eras tonight. I think that's what I was excited about.
Speaker 3: Can we use backtrack for a second. Her first album came out when you were in sixth grade? Oh, I guess cause you're you're younger than me, so yeah, I looked up for eight. She's thirty three, so she was like a senior in high school when she came out with the first album, or maybe just graduated or something.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe two thousand and six was Taylor Swift, So and that was her first one?
Speaker 1: Crazy? Yeah, I graduated high school that year, Dean, So did you? Did you? I was?
Speaker 3: I was nine, but she was born in eighty nine, so she was sixteen or seventeen when she came out there first album.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy. Listen, I'm gonna I'm gonna say something about Taylor Swift and Ashley already knows this and so we're cool about it. She has gotten so hot I used to think Taylor Swift is of course attractive. Of course she's you know, she's a pretty girl. I think that tailor might be one of the hottest women in entertainment.
Speaker 3: See that's so interesting. I hear people say this, and I don't think she's ugly by any starch of the imagination. But I don't think she's hot. I don't think hot is the right word to describe her.
Speaker 1: Oh I think she's hot. Oh, I think she's hot.
Speaker 4: She's just like so confident.
Speaker 2: It feels like no one can mess with her, Like the Kanye thing would never happen again, and all of this stuff that happened to her. She's just so strong, which I think is attractive.
Speaker 1: Dude, she would take Kanye and throw him off the stage right now. Yeah, But she's just like there's something And listen, Ashley has the exact same crush, which is why we could talk about this is the way she talks about Brady, you know what I mean. So like we're all in the same boat here. But like, there is just something incredibly attractive about Taylor Swift. I'm just gonna say it, there's something incredibly sexy about Taylor Swift. And she is just and like, obviously Ashley feels the same way. So that's why I'm allowed to say.
Speaker 3: I mean, if if Caylen came to me and she was like, hey, Taylor Swift is expressing interest in me I and like Caylen left me for left me for Taylor Swift for lack of a better phrase, I couldn't even be mad about that, you know, I would.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, damn, I I totally see where you're coming from. Live a better life. Yeah, I tell Ashley that because.
Speaker 4: Her level of fame is insane. Have you.
Speaker 2: Someone was just telling me about the suitcase videos. Her security would take her out in suitcases because her fans are that crazy.
Speaker 1: Dang, that is pretty crazy. Well, think about think about how fortunate you got to go to that right with Bachelor, and and people who are fans of the show, who are coming up to us and you know, say the nicest things, and some people can get pretty intense and passionate about it right where it gets you know, a little much. Think about that, but five million times more. Oh yeah, probably even more a hundred million times more. So I could totally see how you know, some people just get a little little little much, a little weird. Yeah, who's your favorite ex boyfriend of Taylor's Kitlin?
Speaker 4: Oh good question.
Speaker 1: I say that. I know you're gonna be like, oh, good question. No.
Speaker 2: I actually I'm not like super familiar with all of her xes. I know she dated Harry Styles, Jake, Jill and Hall, yep, oh, John Mayer, Oh, Taylor Lautner. Duh.
Speaker 4: He was the good one, dude.
Speaker 1: That's everybody's answer. It's just like, yeah, he is, because he's the only good one.
Speaker 2: He's the only one that, like, I feel like they still have a good relationship and he's a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was obviously in the music video, Harry.
Speaker 2: Styles had that whole thing where he was like, stop singing songs about me and was kind of rude about it, which I can guess I understand.
Speaker 1: But yeah, why did Heart Joe Jonas break up? Was that like a bad thing?
Speaker 2: I think that yeah, he he that was the better than revenge. He hooked up with Camilla what's her face? And then I think he broke up with her over the phone.
Speaker 3: Camilla Aujamel, Camille who au Jamal? I think her last name is the girl from the Good Place.
Speaker 4: H No, it's she has bangs.
Speaker 2: She was like huge back in the day, like a huge actress, and it was the whole mattress lyric that she changed.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift changed.
Speaker 1: Damn Joe Jonahs did break up with their other phone, she said on The Allen Show. When I find the person who's right for me, he'll be wonderful, not even going to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I've broken up with people over the phone. That rhetoric needs to die. I understand, like if you, Jared, if you were to break up with Ashley, obviously you're not going to do it over the phone, and like saying for Kaylin and I, but like, if you're dating someone for like a year or less and they live in a different place than you break up with them over the phone, what else are you gonna do? Fly to their state and break up with them in person. Maybe I'm just projecting because I've Jonas, I've done this before, and it's like, what are my other options? I'm not gonna I'm not gonna stay in a crappy relationship just because I don't have the time to come to you and do it in person, especially if it's like a three or six or nine month long relationship.
Speaker 4: I guess I get that.
Speaker 1: Are you telling me you've never broke up with anyone on the phone, Kailin broked?
Speaker 4: I've never broked up to say that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm gonna worked up here. My vocabulary is slipping, is okay?
Speaker 2: I'm not one to call someone out for saying wrong words. No, but I was texted by my ex after dating for like a year and a half, two years, and he we lived down the street from each other, and he texted me and said we're over cold.
Speaker 1: Ice ice cold. You were dating this guy for a year and a half. I think the more important thing to know for us is how old were you when this happened?
Speaker 4: Twenty two?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, though you're gonna say like thirteen or something, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, twenty two two.
Speaker 1: He texted you saying it's over after a year and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the guy was like twenty eight, so he knew better.
Speaker 1: Do we know what's going on with this guy now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Don't have a don't have a care, not a.
Speaker 1: Not a Facebook friend of a friend, you know what I mean? We were like, oh, this guy is he's still He's still alive. My favorite X of Miss Taylor Swift is none other than Loki himself, Tom Hiddleston, and the reason being nice love Tom Hilson. But I also love the fact that in this US Weekly article, and I remember this happening in real time, it goes two weeks after her split from Calvin Harris, Swift was spotted kissing the thor actor in Rhode Island's right. I remember this all over the news because they were spotted on Block Island in a little vacation and they were like Tom Hidleston and Taylor Swift are spotted together in there in Rhode Island. I'm like, yep, they know the good things in life. So obviously that's my favorite X right there.
Speaker 2: Wait, doesn't she own a place in Rhode Island or is it okay?
Speaker 1: But still it was pretty cool at the time, you know what I mean? Yeah, because obviously she comes to Round, which is a big deal. But the fact that like a story broke that she was dating a new guy and they responding in Rhode Island, It's like, damn, putting ROADI on the map.
Speaker 4: Baby, we need to do what is that one? We love?
Speaker 2: With Steve Harvey. We've got to get on. Yes, that one would be so fun.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to go.
Speaker 3: And they have Bachelor people on sometimes they have.
Speaker 2: Bachelor people on once a year and they pick their favorites and.
Speaker 4: It's not us.
Speaker 1: How can we not be their favorites.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Jared and actually haven't been on it then, because they're definitely my favorites, Ashley.
Speaker 4: They always bring on the new people.
Speaker 3: Were so Ben and I were in Honduras. We're working with his charity for a week a couple like a long time ago, like five years ago, and they called him and they're like, hey, do you want to do family Feud? And he's like, yeah, I'll do it, but only if Dean can do it with me. And I was like, Ben, I love you, thank you so much for including me. And they're like great. We start filming in two days and we were like, oh crap, we're in Honduras, Like, we're not going to come all the way there just to film the show, and so we decided not to go. And then the next day but we hadn't told them yet, and then the next day they call Ben back and they're like Hey, actually we don't want you to come because the Kardashians are going to be on the show instead. And so it was like pretty funny because it was like we got we got replaced by the Kardashians, not that we were going to go and beyond it anyways, but yeah, that would be a really fun show to be on. I think it's so interesting because like, obviously, when you're watching it on TV, you could be like, you know the answer so easily, but I bet you being there in person and like the pressure which kind of freeze a lot.
Speaker 1: Of of course, you want to know something funny. So I'm looking up this clip of who Wants to Be a Millionaire Bachelor? It goes who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Teaser trailer for a Bachelor fan free But this is when Harrison hosted the show and the first so then they went through the compilation of Who's gonna be on It? I didn't see Ben, but it could be a different time the first so it is. There are some couples. First couples on it Sean and Kaitlin broken up. Second couple on it Steven and Deana broken up. Third couple JP and Ashley broken up, and the fourth one is Chris by himself.
Speaker 3: Chris OL's the Bachelor, so we should talk about that. Did you see that Jason and Caitlyn broke up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are your thoughts on that? Very sad? I mean I think everybody who follows them on Instagram was like, I don't I feel like they're really posting things anymore, something might be up. So I was obviously, you know, it's really funny and I'm sure both of you guys can relate to this, because somebody was asking me about it at Audrey's and I said, yeah, of course, like, you know, I'm friendly with Jason, I don't talk to him that much. But and then like, of course I know Caitlin, and I don't you know, Ashley is closer with her, Like I'm not that close with Kaitlin. And then I was thinking about it and I was like, that's so funny because in my head, I'm like, yeah, of course I know Caitlyn, like I don't know her that well, but I'm like I kind of do. I guess. I mean I've dated this on her season, yeah yeah, and like made out with her multiple times. But it just feels like such a different life. Yeah, you know, I'm like, oh my god, that's right. I was on like Caitlin was my bachelor atte Like we hung out multiple times and have like intimate moments with each other. Yeah, and it just feels so detached for my life now, probably for a couple of reasons. One we can all relate to the fact like breaking up with someone years ago and you're like, oh my god, I can't believe that, like that person was a big part of my life at that time. And then secondly, just being in the bachelor world and having that bubble and the like leaving that bubble and already feeling like it was a little bit of a dream world. So yeah, because it's so funny because I was telling this peot like yeah, no, Kaitlyn, like of course I know Caitlyn, and like you know, and I'm like, wait a minute, Like I know Caitlyn way better than I'm putting off. That's so weird. I mean, I see your point though.
Speaker 3: If anyone said anything about Rachel, I would, cause I'm kind of in the same boat, even maybe to a lesser degree, Like I don't even talk to Rachel at all or see her in social settings. Ever, so it's like, yeah, it was like a big part of your life, but it's obviously so far removed, and it's like, but you did kiss this person, and you did share some deep emotional feelings with that person, Kaylen said, with you and Colton, you know, but like, I don't know, it's just interesting. But yeah, sad news about Jason and Caitlin. Like you said, Jared, I don't keep up with their lives, but it was kind of like it did seem like, you know, you guys have been engaged for a while, you both started to get married, Where is the planning? Why is that none of that happening? And then you stop seeing them post each other and stuff like that, and you start to get a little suspicious and then you're just kind of waiting for an announcement at that point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and then she like stopped wearing her ring. People noticed, and it was like, obviously it's just about to end and whatever, like they don't have to announce that. They could do whatever the hell they want. But yeah, so I guess I'm also so desensitized by breakups now, specifically within bachelor world, Like of course that's sad. They'll be all right, Like what I feel more bad for, uh, of course, like anytime a relationship ends, it sucks. But what I really feel bad for in this situation is the fact that I was thinking in my head about, oh well, Caitlyn and Jason broke up, and then I started just like reflecting on, you know, my life now. And then the guys I were on the season with, like Sean Booth literally last week just announced that he was gonna have a kid with somebody else. Nick just announced publicly that he is about to have a kid. Yeah. I saw that Ben is happily married with Jess. I'm hoping that, you know, I'm sure they want kids at some point. And then me, I'm married with a kid.
Speaker 2: And all you guys were on Kaitlyn season, Nick, who is having a kid?
Speaker 1: What you didn't see that they posted it yesterday? Yeah, he finally posts yesterday. But yep, so Natalie's pregnant, which is super exciting. He's going to be a wonderful father. I have zero doubts about that. But I was thinking, I'm like, oh, that's her top four they're all married and three of them have kids. Like we either have a kid or a kid on the way, and then poor Caitlin, who is the bachelorette on our season, is now single again. No no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I could see either of them, Jason or Caitlin, becoming the Bachelor bachelorette some you know, in a year or two down the line.
Speaker 1: This is what I think needs to happen. I mean, it will never happen, but I because one, I don't think Caitlin would ever do it. But I think that because you know, I listen, we all love Bachelor, love Bachelor so much, wanted to go on for the rest of our lives. I think, you know, it could probably use maybe a little bit of a jolt, little electricity in its life. So why not just like make an announcement and be like, listen, we're canceling Bachelor this year, and it's going to be Caitlin Bristow as the Bachelorette in January with twenty five brand new men.
Speaker 2: Wait, we haven't even talked about the Golden Bachelor, which I think is the exact thing that the show needs.
Speaker 3: I don't really know anything about that, but before we get into that, I want to say real quick, I'm so sorry. I don't I don't mean to squash your golden Bachelor thing. I just want to say this idea struck me. They're both Caitlin and Jason are both business savvy people. How about this Bachelor Bachelor world if you're listening, whoever the executive producer is these days, Caitlin as the Bachelorette Jason hosts and then Bachelor Jason Bachelor Caitlin hosts. No, because it's I'm sure they're old enough and mature enough where they probably ended it amicably, and sure, I'm sure there are still some feelings there. But at the end of the day, I feel like if you break up at this stage, at this stage of life, I should say you, you'd you just want to see that other person be happy. And so if you could be like a catalyst or someone helping guide that person and you know that person well enough to where you can like maybe help them make decisions and the contestants make decisions, I'm telling you that would be. That would be That would be a ratings gold mine.
Speaker 2: No terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, what I think though, is if Caitln did become because I'm not sure and it's no fault to Jason, but anytime a relationship ends within Bachelor. It's all. It feels like it's so much more difficult to visibly see the guy move on then the girl move on. And it's probably just the way our society is. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I just think that's the fact of the matter. So if like Jason become the Bachelor, I don't know if it would be as popular as if Caitlin became the Bachelor at again. And Furthermore, I don't think Jason would have an issue with it, judging by their judging by one who what I know of Jason, who seems like a really stand up guy, and I agree with you did would probably want Kaitlyn to be happy if they don't get back together. But I think the interesting part would be not so much Jason hosting the show, but I think teasing the fact that what if Jason does at nick viol and crashes the season, you know what I mean, kind of like building the anticipation of, like, is Jason going to show up to be one of these twenty five men during Caitlin Bristow's second opportunity to become the bachelorette, because she's also I mean, this was eight years ago. So she's eight years older, she's been through the ringer, she knows what she wants, she's figured out, she's great for TV. She's so routable. It's like almost like kind of like set up for him now. But I so that's an interesting thought, not saying it will happen, but obviously I think very highly of Caitlin Burstow and I really want her to be happy. So furthermore, and Jason's a really great guy too. It's tough because we you know, this split is like two really good people. But Caitlin, I wanted to talk about the Golden Bachelor, like you brought it up. So you think that this is exactly what the show needs.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I'm like, I'm trying to stay invested in the show.
Speaker 4: It's just been the same thing since it started.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's like you see the same thing, same episodes, like different characters planted into the same season. So it needs something different and I think this is exactly.
Speaker 4: What it needs.
Speaker 2: And there's so many dating shows out there that you know, The Bachelor so much competition. Now, nobody has a dating show like this, so I think this is the way that they can compete. You know, and it just seems so wholesome and sweet.
Speaker 1: Any thoughts team waiting for you to share your thoughts. My thoughts are I agree. I love the idea of doing this. I really hope they just lean into it. Like there you know are shuffle board dates and you know they all, like the Rose ceremonies are at four o'clock in the afternoon, so they can all be thirty. Yes, you know, like really just lean into it, because I think that's hysterical. I do. I think it's gonna be a ratings bananas, like I hope so, I really do. But you know a lot of people tune in for reality TV for the drama of it, which totally makes sense. We all do. So I hope it does really well and I hope uh it, you know, Jerry finds happiness, and I hope that it's successful enough with the Bachelor Dean is it to be a success and possibly want to continue doing it for the future.
Speaker 4: I think it could be.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 3: Of the spinoffs that they've made, there has been Winter Games, Listen to your Heart, and now this one maybe another one or two.
Speaker 1: Oh. Bachelor Pad, which I was too young for before, is like predated me, Yes, Paradise considered a spinoff.
Speaker 3: Paradise was yeah, well that's true, but like it's obviously in six season now, and yeah, you probably you probably should consider that a spinoff. I was going to say that they don't really have the best track record for successful spinoffs, but Paradise, I guess, is the exception of that rule. So hopefully Golden Bachelor is the exception.
Speaker 2: In addition, I think it will be because from what I've talked to people about, they're kind of sick of seeing twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, And granted I was twenty three when I went on the show, but they're sick of seeing like people so young being on the show, and maybe like this is what everyone needs, or if this doesn't work, they just need to start casting older. I think I don't know, twenty I was way too young to be on that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think two things. One, did Dean just say that Paradise is on its sixth season?
Speaker 3: Oh shoot, sorry, it's probably on my season that we met on, So I was like, season, yeah.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure, that was a few years ago. But then, what was I gonna say, Paradise, What the hell were we just talking about three year olds. Yeah, the young age. I agree with you, Calen. I think people are just getting a little tired of And this is not just Bachelor problem. This is a reality TV problem of just the disingenuousness of everybody because of course, like there's people that are always going to be disingenuous. There always has been, there always will be. But now it's risen to a level where people are very very aware and actively are trying to build their own business, both while filming and then after filming, and it comes across very apparently. And I think it's worse within Bachelor because there is this element of love that overarches the entire show that it's the young I agree, But even like Kyle and you were young, but you were always yourself for better or for worse. I was always for myself, for better and for worse. Dean, same thing. But people love that, you know, because nobody's perfect. We all, like every human being, makes mistakes, which is why I think a lot of times, even if you're young, and we make mistakes as long as we're doing it. Like while also just I hate saying being true to ourselves, but like just Dean, that's why I think, like you're one of the most popular contestants to ever be on the show. I would argue because you were so polarizing, but it wasn't from a place of you not being you or trying to put on this character and try to get more airtime. It was just you, like so endearing, and you'd mess up and then you would try to course correct, and then you would mess up again, and then you'd do a right thing, and it was just like this constant battle that I think people were so they just related to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see because like obviously the older you are, the more comfortable, comfortable and confident you are, so I would expect a little bit more of that, Jared, like you're saying, and I think you and I can both attest to this having been on the show multiple seasons, Like the older you have gotten and then going back to the show, you have a little bit more comfortability with it, and sure you're more familiar with the filming process and all that. But I wanted to say, I do agree with you that like the kids coming on the show now and probably in years past, two like the twenty year olds go on to build influence your career or whatever. But I don't think that's necessarily specific to younger people. I bet you there will still be some people on Golden Bachelor who are interested in that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying like, we shouldn't immediately discount the fact that that's not going to be a possibility when it is certainly possible, But for better for worse.
Speaker 1: It feels like there's less chance of that happening with people that are in their fifty sixties and potentially seventies.
Speaker 3: I yes, yeah, that's true, that's true, And yeah, I don't know. It's going to be interesting to see. I can't believe it's actually happening because I feel like they've been teasing it for so many years now, and now it's I think it's is it filming right now? I remember seeing a picture posted of them at the mansion or something like that. Also, like these these it's the Bachelor, so it's the women are going to be dating this guy. Are all these older women going to be sleeping in the crappy bunk beds that we slept in where I was like scared, I was like scared to crawl up into the top bunk how are these sixty five year old women going to be getting up there?
Speaker 2: That's so true. I wonder if they'll set up the rooms differently, maybe no bunk beds, maybe a little bit more comfortable than what they have for us.
Speaker 1: I would hope so one hundred percent. You can't have a bunk bed. Like half the contestants are going to break their hips on day one.
Speaker 2: We're not that old.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: I was twenty five on that show, and I was scared to crawl into that bunk bed like I'm lucky that I didn't break my hip, you know.
Speaker 1: And I think all of us can kind of say the same thing.
Speaker 2: My grandpa is eighty three. He could climb into a bunk bed right now.
Speaker 3: I would be so worried about Tom crawling into one of those fine. I don't know, man, that's gonna be scary, but I'll definitely I will. I will say to both of your credits, I don't watch The Bachelor. I don't watch the Bachelor at I do watch a little bit of Paradise. I will watch Golden Bachelor. Oh you have to yeah, something about it just seems it just seems wholesome to me.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm excited for. And I'm excited that you said that because that's kind of what I miss When I watched the show in college. I would like get together as my girlfriends have wine nights like we love the show. It was so good, and I don't really have that anymore. So this is how coming back.
Speaker 3: I think part of that too, is like in high school and college, the people that were now our age being on the show felt so much older. So now that we're a little older, we can watch the show and feel kind of the same thing that we used to feel, and we will watch the show back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so true. Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: All right, that's going to do it for this episode of Help we Suck at being newlyweds and Help we Suck at being smarter than a fifth grader. Thank you guys so much for joining us for this week's episode. We do have another episod coming out later this week, so please please please be sure to stick around for that whenever it comes out. Jared, I wish you luck in fantasy football this year. We still have a lot of time before that happens. Prey in a dynasty, bro, you are the reigning champion. He's won two out of three seasons.
Speaker 1: Who had a three? I'm going for three four. I'm like the two thousand.
Speaker 3: Patsy son of a biscuit eating bulldog. I am excited for fantasy football to come back, so we will talk a lot about that, hopefully this season.
Speaker 1: On Help we Suck at Dating, Help we Suck at Being?
Speaker 3: That's okay, anyways, that's gonna do it. Be sure to tune in Thursday, where maybe we suck. Just be sure to tune in on Thursday, where maybe we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at Being.
Speaker 2: Newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.