Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Armsrong, Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty with special guests today the Menendez Brothers.
Speaker 2: Guys. Hi, I'm Kyle, I'm Eric. That could be soon. More on that later live from the studio.
Speaker 3: C Season your a Dimmy litt room deep within the bowels the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 4: Speaking of those being liberated, Pete Rose and shoele Us, Joe Jackson.
Speaker 2: Those are baseball players.
Speaker 4: Yes, both of them are playing in the Big League in the sky right now, Jack, there was God. But both have been reinstated, unbanned. Well, they're banned for life. I guess now they're dead and they're unbanned.
Speaker 3: A couple old bad guys might have been reinstated in baseball, Okay, including probably the greatest hitter of all time. I'll adjust my day accordingly, Yes, as quickly as I can.
Speaker 4: Yes, just as the late is justice enough. I don't even know what lesson is here.
Speaker 2: You got to be our age or older to like have really watched Pete Rose in his prime. So I don't know how many how much helling.
Speaker 4: I got to be Joe Biden's age or older to have watched old shoelace show.
Speaker 3: Right, he swrought the horse hide around the yard. Yes, so there you go with that. Yes, and then special guests.
Speaker 4: Would you rather have Pete Rose show up outside your house at night or the Menendez brothers.
Speaker 3: I was always a Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame guy. Always, yeah, always, always have a little plaque explained in the gambling. It's stupid to have a Hall of Fame that says this is where the best baseball players are, but not the guy who is actually the best at like the main thing of the game, hitting it so hitting the ball. So but we don't have him in here because the complicated.
Speaker 2: That's just dumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand the reasoning. I just I don't end up at the same place.
Speaker 3: And they do think it's different than the like if you don't have Barry Bonds in the Hall of Fame, because then his records were affected by what he did, but Pete Rose's records.
Speaker 2: Were not affected by what he did. Uh, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the induction ceremony would have been a little weird, you know, having been banned for life for gambling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, poor guy. I wish Pete would have gotten that before he died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he was. He was an incredibly flawed human being. He had a screw loose. He's like a lot of the best athletes of all time in their sports, there are only half wame.
Speaker 2: He was a gambler.
Speaker 3: He was not a pedophile, he wasn't a wife beat her. I mean we put up with so much in wait, no, no, no, See, this is where your non sports.
Speaker 4: Status is showing itself. Even though you're a sports fan. You can't gamble on your sport that that would ruin it for all the time.
Speaker 2: I completely get that. I have one hundred percent get that.
Speaker 3: But but having me hatred for him, Like I mean, we put up with so much with athletes in sports that do horrible, horrible things. Now, I'll go out to eat with a gambler any night. I will not go out to eat with the guy who beats up his girlfriends.
Speaker 4: Now, you're missing the point completely. You can you can have half the league beat up their girlfriend and that would be horrifying, but it wouldn't affect the games.
Speaker 3: I think you're missing my point completely. You said it'd be an uncomfortable Hall of Fame ceremony. I think everybody would have stood in chair because I liked the guy and he was a great hitter, and you shouldn't gamble, and you gotta be kicked out of the sport for that. I get it. But in terms of like it be young comfortable to be around him, no way.
Speaker 2: Not uncomfortable at all. I give up write your.
Speaker 3: Emails now, somebody who cheats in the sport that affects the actual playing, like Barry Bonds did.
Speaker 2: What what the heck is that you can't have him in the Hall of It?
Speaker 4: Is he in the least gambling is so bad because that inevitably leads to that it is a fatal illness?
Speaker 3: Well, clearly I won. Because he is now in the Hall of Fame and been reinstated in baseball. I say dig up his bones and reban them. Every thought it.
Speaker 2: Pete Rose's bones. You're now rebaded a man for all of it's here is he?
Speaker 3: And then somebody and then somebody would set up his bones at a card table out of casino, have his bones signing Baseball's twenty five dollars.
Speaker 4: A shot you could pose with the bones he Bucks's shot exactly for some sort of AI voice, exactly, keep the line moving, Keep the line moving, exactly.
Speaker 3: You have an AI voice that could even say your name. Hi, it's Pete Rose, what is your name? Nice to meet you, Jack, right, thanks for supporting me in.
Speaker 4: My AI robots signs the pic and you move on exactly.
Speaker 2: That might be actually happening soon.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I've been to the sphere where they got that robot out there that interviews you and talks to you and everything like that, and it's creepy.
Speaker 2: It asks your name and starts having a discussion with you and everything.
Speaker 3: Like do that with celebrities, but you got the video of them, like a hologram of them or whatever, and they're they're talking to you and.
Speaker 2: Have a conversation. People would do that post for pictures and whatnot if it's realistic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're having a laugh with your old buddy, you know, Tom Cruise whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pathetic, but yes, people would do that.
Speaker 3: I just somehow I missed this story yesterday and I had to look it up. To make sure it was true. David Ignatius of the Washington Post, the big foreign policy correspondent, said yesterday on MSNBC, of course it's got no coverage because they hated it so much. Trump is definitely in the discussion for Nobel Peace Prize with what he's doing in the Middle East, right.
Speaker 2: To the horror of the MSNBC crowd. Apparently wow, wow, Well they're dopes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and interestingly enough, I've been pawing through email to get mail bag ready and just the show in general. And uh, there are a couple of really interesting theories, kind of frameworks that folks suggested to use to look at the frenetic and somewhat chaotic activity of Trump two so far, some.
Speaker 2: Very critical, some very positive.
Speaker 4: And I think it's useful and interesting because the way he conducts, you know, the duties of the office are very very different, is very very different than what we've seen before. And some of it is off putting, but then you come around and you see, ah, now I see what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Some of it might just be off putting, but we will discuss.
Speaker 3: So he gave a speech just like forty five minutes long, and I read one segment of it and thought, wow, how have an I had already heard this today because he gave the speech in the morning and I hadn't heard much about the speech throughout the day. Then I was reading my favorite political newsletter from Mark Alperrin today saying, this is one of the most extraordinary foreign policy speeches any president is given in a half a century, and it got zero news coverage. So we'll read a little bit from that later. I mean as a complete redoing of US foreign policy in the way that we will look at the world and very critical at previous administrations, particularly Republican administrations. So you'd think from that standpoint it would get a lot of coverage. But I don't think the media takes Trump seriously at all with any of his policy stuff.
Speaker 4: Right, Both the positive stuff and the negative stuff are so personality based. You forget he's conducting the duties of the president of the United States.
Speaker 2: To be present for another three and a half years, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I heard a couple of specifics from the speech that were interesting, but not what you're referring to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's some pretty big stuff, and I think a lot of you will agree with it on the whole. You know, we went around the world starting wars and causing trouble. It's pretty damned interesting. So we'll get to that stuff a little bit later. We should start the show officially now that Pete Rose is back in baseball. I just, I don't know, I feel lighter somehow, I feel like so.
Speaker 2: I get the digger to the cemetery.
Speaker 3: It is I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is a Wednesday, May the fourteenth year, twenty five Armstrong and getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 4: All right, let's dig in. Get ready for the first pitch. Precisely according to FEC rules and regulations. The show starts at mark.
Speaker 6: I don't see much sense and putting me on the ballot after I die. Most of the people who root it for me my whole career would love to see me in the Hall of Fame as a living player, not as someone is ten feet under.
Speaker 4: No, it's a great whacker of baseball's there pre mortem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he also struck me as one of those guys that never really had anything else after sports that mattered a whole lot to him, which would be a kind of a sad way to go through life because your heyday ended at forty.
Speaker 2: Which is not the best thing for a eighty year old, right right.
Speaker 4: There are plenty of human beings, many of them in sports, who became what they were, like the best ever or in that top top, top, top tier, because they were so obsessed and so unhealthy in a way that they dedicated everything they had to it and.
Speaker 2: Couldn't leave it behind. It's a bittersweet. So was he a gambling addict? Is that what his thing was?
Speaker 3: How did he was a competition addict? I think how did he end up betting on baseball? Was it just did he finally get to the point that the only way it could be exciting enough is if his own team was involved in a bet?
Speaker 2: I wonder. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've just read about gambling addicts, mostly through Norm MacDonald, the comedian who has lost everything he had three times as a gambling addict, that it's it's all about the risk. It's not even the winning, it's the risk and the danger is what. And I wonder if Pete Rose just it got to the point where the only way I could have any juice is if I was so close to what the you know, just the ultimate wrong thing to do because it's it's it's it's some sort of negative energy. Yeah, you know, getting it, getting to the edge of losing everything you have. It's some sort of like negatives. You know, if you believe in good and evil, evil poll on you. Because there's no reason no, I don't. I do not get a charge out of having everything I've got that I've built on the edge of losing it today.
Speaker 2: That would not make me excited in a good way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at the other side of the coin. It's the ultimate adrenaline rush. It's do or die. He he was addicted to the feeling of do or die, whether it was in the batter's box or gambling. That was the only thing that could get his attention. I think was the ultimate challenge.
Speaker 2: It's got to be horrible. I've known people like that that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've got that pull to just lay it out there all the time, the do or die thing. And the problem is, you know, if you're you have to lose sometimes for it to be real. I mean, it's got to be the possibility that it can go the other direction.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A good friend who in dealing with some addiction problems, came to realize that his comfort zone was conflict and that he was causing conflict in his life out of like habit and upbringing that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And Pete's I think.
Speaker 4: His comfort zone is it's zero and two with the basis jammed, and he's in the batter's box.
Speaker 3: Everybody's looking at you. It's all on you, it's all on you, and he needed that after he quit playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I suspect, so yeah.
Speaker 2: How does uh? So?
Speaker 3: We got Katie's headlines, We've got mail bag later. Mark Halprin and Jake Tapper are never going to be friends after yesterday. Mark Alprin did an episode of a show last night where he took a part Jake Tapper in this book that's coming out.
Speaker 2: Good because then it's a weasel on a DV and I used to respect him.
Speaker 3: And it's horrified that the mainstream media continues to pretend that they didn't know Joe Biden's brain didn't work. And it's pretty damned interesting. I watched I watched a lot of it last night, and we'll get to that later. To our text line is four one, five two nine five KFDC.
Speaker 2: How about.
Speaker 3: I'm not stealing a headline here. I just saw this. Katie Trump given cyber truck motorcade through Katar after he got his fighter jet escort.
Speaker 2: For the plane. Wonder he isn't cyber trucks for the motorcade and Katar.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, is that a nod to Elon or something.
Speaker 4: It's kind of got a futuristic vibe that fits the new Middle East where they're building everything as fast as a can and everything looks like a spaceport from the movies.
Speaker 2: They have them all wrapped in a bright red that looks pretty cool.
Speaker 4: My favorite headline of the day, hog makes Democrats squeal. Activist David Hogg really really making some waves in DNC circles.
Speaker 2: I hate to see that all sorts of he's an annoying kid.
Speaker 3: Boys, he's one of the most annoying human beings to come on the scene in a very long time. And he gets the cover of you know, he was a kid at a mass shooting, but he's still an annoying human being, right.
Speaker 2: Came en to that?
Speaker 4: All right, lot to talk about. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 7: Katie starting with ABC Cassy Ventura to return to witness stand.
Speaker 4: Today, looking forward to a Diddy trial update a little bit later on Katie is a you know, testimony unfolds.
Speaker 3: Do we know if it's more for the I don't know how trials work. Is it more for the prosecution? Or when does she get cross examined? Then they try to make her look like a gold digging crazy woman.
Speaker 4: When the prosecution's done whenever? That is so days, I don't know, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that how'd you like to have to take that on? With the video out there and she's eight months pregnant, you're going to try to tear her apart in front of the jury.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that, Yeah, tread carefully, young Attorney USA.
Speaker 7: Today, Israel intensifies Gaza bombardment as Trump visits the region.
Speaker 5: Oh, got a great example of one of those the mainstream media talking about Israel Israel's attempt to strike on a Hamas later yesterday, but they bombed a hospital another one of those stories.
Speaker 4: Oh, for goodness sakes place, there are a couple of really notable Israel saying, wait, what moments during this Middle Eastern trip and they forgiving the sanctions on Syria and embracing shaking hands with the new Islamist former al Qaeda.
Speaker 3: I even I even heard some speculation that the whole taking the plane from the Kataris is the shiny object to talk about. So you're not talking about the fact that Trump's really ignoring Israel on this trip.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 2: I don't think the plane thing's gonna happen. By the way, more on that later.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's a distraction, that wasn't the point. The point was not talk about. It Israe.
Speaker 7: From Reuters China's AI powered humanoid robots to transform manufacturing.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't start swinging its arms and take your eyes out.
Speaker 7: No, but they're talking about a factory full of humanoid robots folding T shirts.
Speaker 3: And making sandwiches, swinging their arms around like this, Katie, right right in the face.
Speaker 2: Take your eye. We're not gonna take your eye out. They're gonna take your economy out.
Speaker 4: You fool.
Speaker 2: Wake up from Newsweek.
Speaker 7: Saudi Arabia rolls out custom mobile McDonald's for Trump visits.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny. This was hilarious.
Speaker 7: It was just like a trailer McDonald's on the back of a semi just in case.
Speaker 2: He wanted a big mac That is pretty funny. So they got no mcdee's there in Saudi Was it cammel?
Speaker 4: Don jeez?
Speaker 3: I think I know that they do have a McDonald's in Saudi Arabia because my brother said when he stood in line at the McDonald's there was a line for the men and a line for the women. You couldn't separate lines at the McDonald's.
Speaker 2: This is a BYO Mickey d situation. Yeah.
Speaker 7: From the Hill, Americans embracing road trips for upcoming Memorial Day weekend, citing flight uncertainty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even when the flights go well, it's a pain lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: From the Wall Street journal women are drinking more and doctors are worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was going to talk about that later on.
Speaker 4: The numbers are actually quite surprising, quite shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks a lot. Men, you're the reason we're driving women to drink. Hen't surprised me. I certainly have.
Speaker 7: And finally the Babylon Bee Jake Tapper uncovered startling evidence that Biden's decline was covered up by Jake Tapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This this is an interesting development intro media and then for between the media and the public. We'll talk more about later. It's about time the book comes out next week. His his promotion tour could be pretty rough, armstrong and getty. So next week your book comes out, that's going to get a ton of attention.
Speaker 2: It's already getting a lot of pre attention. It's called original Sin.
Speaker 3: It'spite Jake Tapper the biggest star on CNN, and that's in finger quotes because CNN has such low ratings.
Speaker 2: Being the biggest star in CNN, it's not exactly that a big deal.
Speaker 3: They brought Jake Tapper over to try to, you know, get the network more competitive.
Speaker 2: They thought bringing him over would be a big get and he is a.
Speaker 4: Big name and the respected journalist, journal partisan hack is it.
Speaker 2: And his book comes out next week.
Speaker 3: It's Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson who was with Political is now with Axios or the other way around, doesn't make any difference. And uh, a couple of things on that. He's going to be doing a big promotional tour.
Speaker 2: On this.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we could get him on the air. I'm tempted to want him to get him on the air and then have a not like what's that we you like lay in wait, ambush, not like it. That's what I was planning on, Not like an ambush, but more of a because I don't know why. I've always liked Jake Tapper. I used to he built a lot of credibility with me over many many years when he used to be on Imus's Show and everything like that. But this one confuses me, and so I think there's something. I think there's something going on that's more than just you're a lib hack trying to get your guy elected.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's some sort of more complicated.
Speaker 3: We could all we can all be misled by our our you know, our wishes being the father of our thoughts or something that I don't know.
Speaker 2: The culture that surrounds us.
Speaker 3: The culture that surrounds us who we hang out with, or something like that where he got Jake Tapper, if you believe him, actually didn't see the cognitive decline of Joe Biden, and really nobody else did either, because the White House did such a good job of covering it.
Speaker 4: Up, which so obviously laughable if you're not picking up on the sarcut right.
Speaker 3: So there's been a fair amount of mockery of that whole thing leading up to the book coming up coming out next week, and I think the publisher is panicking, so they yesterday or over the weekend put out a sizzle to promote the book. Maybe we'll play that later also, And it's got a whole bunch of clips. Jake has been playing this on his show, a whole bunch of clips of Jake Tapper showing how hard he was on the Biden administration and how he did ask the tough questions and everybody's misremembering his role in this. And it's got edit after edit after edit of Jake Tapper saying what about two thirds of voters who don't believe the president could serve another term? Or blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Mark Halprin, who is my favorite part political journalist, was incensed by that sizzlereel that could got put out over the weekend, and he and his team yesterday took it upon themselves.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how much time this took.
Speaker 3: They went back through every single clip and did a longer version of it in context to show how incredibly softly Jake, if at all Jake Tapper was pushing back in any of these inuations. Why editing fest. Yeah, it's like a half hour rebuttal to that, in which in uh Mark Hauprin's angle is not to boost Trump. His concern is, as I think a legitimate honest journalist, his concern is he says, Trump's doing all kinds of things right now that I think should be scrutinized heavily by the media. But the media has no halft anymore because nobody believed them because they lied about all that stuff under Biden, so they couldn't They didn't hold Biden accountable, and now they can't hold Trump accountable. And we don't have a press that can hold any president accountable anymore.
Speaker 2: And that is a problem.
Speaker 4: And let's not forget that the whole just ludicrous Biden is sharp thing followed directly on the heels of the Russian collusion hoax. And so the impression formed in the center and right that the press would print anything leaked to them by Adam Schiff, no matter how many times Shift clearly lied and so they were utterly undependable as arbiters of truth, was then just completely reinforced by the Biden stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, We're.
Speaker 4: At the therapist because you had an affair, and then I go out and realize you're having sex with the therapist while I'm in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're done here.
Speaker 3: So, like I said earlier, I don't think Mark Alprin and Jake Tapper are ever going to be friends after this. I mean, because it was a pretty brutal takedown of all of Jake Tapper's soft pushbacks.
Speaker 2: But this is from yesterday.
Speaker 3: Jake Tapper's already started making the rounds in friendly media talking about the book and how he tried to hold the Biden White House accountable out accountable, but they were just too good at lying and that sort of thing. This is from Mark Alpern's show last night. We'll just play a little bit of it.
Speaker 8: So Jake Tapper his book coming out in a week. Here he is this more warning on CNN, creating a whole new set of realities.
Speaker 2: Watch this.
Speaker 9: You have an entire White House press corps though, following him around, and I'm just curious as to whether or not this kind of trying to hide what was happening with the President at the time had an impact on the press corps, Like why didn't we hear some of these details from what they actually saw and were dealing with trying to get information.
Speaker 10: Well, Alex Thompson and I were on the case, as were lots of other reporters trying to figure out what was going on behind the scenes. But the bottom line is the White House was lying not only to the press, not only to the public, but they were lying to members of their own cabinet. They were lying to White House staffers, they were lying to Democratic members of Congress, to donors about how.
Speaker 2: Bad things had gotten.
Speaker 10: And in fact, Alex and I started writing this book after the election of twenty twenty four, and we spoke with more than two hundred people, most of whom, almost all of whom were Democrats, and almost all of whom wouldn't be honest with us or wouldn't be candid with us until after the election. And then after the election we found out all of these things that when you looked at what was going on with President Biden at the time, it probably doesn't surprise you.
Speaker 2: The extent to which he was deteriorating.
Speaker 10: But now we have anecdotes and facts about what was really going on behind the scenes, with details that Democrats wouldn't share with us until after election day.
Speaker 8: All right, again, amazing true. Here's something true that he said that Jake Capper said on CNN this morning. True that there was a cover up, that senior Biden officials worked very hard to cover up as much as they could his decline, including amongst other people in the government and in the campaign.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 8: Here's two things that are not true, okay, And this is where the credibility is this so important that people be honest.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't be the.
Speaker 8: Only one in the media being honest about this. It's bizarre, okay. One thing that's not true is that you needed that the cover up was so good that no one could see this, that we couldn't possibly have gotten to the bottom of this during the election.
Speaker 2: Again, it makes me mental. It was clear.
Speaker 3: Halpern does like forty five minutes on this clip by clip. It makes me mental. How can you possibly claim this? And that's why I'd like to have jac on and ask him that, seriously, what do you think is going on? Do you think it's just pure hackery? I think it's some more complicated human emotion thing or something which should scare all of us. Yeah, I could believe pure hackery.
Speaker 4: I mean because they get away with I mean, if you're broadcasting too or part of a ideological media bubble, you get away with saying ridiculous things and nobody ever challenges you on them.
Speaker 2: So I could picture getting bolder and bolder in your hackery.
Speaker 4: Yes, At the same time, well, I would have loved to have us examined him after that question, because again, the great lie of it, and this is getting to your question, the great ridiculous lie of it, and don't bs a BS or I could see his BS work and well, yeah, I talked to you two hundred people who were privated behind the scenes blah blah blah to only be honest after the election, Jake. The word literally is overused these days, but literally everyone saw it. Guess how many people I talked to her be behind the scenes in the White House?
Speaker 2: Zero zero. And I knew it as clearly as I know my own name, Jake.
Speaker 3: Your inability to divine what was obvious to the rest of America, Now that's an interesting stone, right, Biden's old in decrepit? Yeah, we know it is. It is stunning. I'm hoping and Mark Alpert is clear, hoping that Jake Tapper doesn't get away with doing a kind of routine book tour where he does, you know, sixty minutes and every channel and every radio show and every newspaper outlet, and they all talk about it. I'm looking at the New York Times, their their promotion that came out over the weekend, or their review of the book a damning portrait of an enfeeble Biden protected by his inner circle, and act like it's not insane, right that the authors are.
Speaker 2: Trying to get away with here's what we've uncovered.
Speaker 3: Everybody knew it, everybody was talking about it.
Speaker 2: But you mean, how interesting? This is so crazy?
Speaker 4: Well, and it's like some sort of weird second layer of the Emperor having new clothes, because now you have the New York Times and other enablers acting as if Tapper's book is actually an amazing set of revelations.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, surely this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I don't care if you are a progressive or a conservative, we cannot function as a society. If this is the level of credibility we have with our media. I mean, that's it's true. Your question is the right question. Okay, Jake, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: What you thought.
Speaker 3: Why do you think eighty percent of Americans figured out the president wasn't capably being president before you and your fellow journalist did. Having no inside right, with no inside information, all we've got is what we watch on TV.
Speaker 2: Right, isn't that interesting? Carefully carefully hidden president? No less right?
Speaker 4: Right to another point, it was still certainly obvious to everybody. Yeah, all right, So a quick word from our friends and sponsors that prize picks the best place to get in on the action during the basket ball playoffs, the Major League Baseball season. Whatever your sports passion is, points, rebounds, assist, hits, all you have to do is choose more or less on two to six players stat projections for your shot to win up to two thousand times you cash.
Speaker 2: It's Nick Celtics back on a night.
Speaker 3: I think then he got the Warrior Series unfortunately, but anyway, Yeah, turn your opinions into cash is pretty pretty cool. Download the app today and use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play the first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 4: Prize Picks is the best way to get action on sports in more than thirty states, including calf Unicorneia, Texas, and Georgia. Withdrawals, fast saved and secure some hit your account as little as fifteen minutes. Again, download the Prize Picks AUF today. Use that code Armstrong. You get fifty bucks instantly to play around with after you play just a five dollars lineup Prize picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game, not somebody else's game. Your game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wonder if it's only gonna be in like right wing circles and mark Alprin where there's a lot of the Taking a look at Jake Tapper's past coverage of Biden's decline as this book comes out.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't be able to get away with this.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't get away with this even among the mainstream or we're dooned. I mean, the ship has so sailed, it's over the horizon.
Speaker 2: Oh right, But they're not going to.
Speaker 4: Accuse him of the very sin they committed with equal egregiousness. In fact, I could argue that you know CNN, for you know, ask somebody not forty plus about CNN, they're being like, I've heard of that. I think it may be on an airports. Its significance is overstated these days. Having said that, the New York Times being one hundred percent complicent and they're a far more significant media presence on Earth than CNN is. So no, they're not gonna say, hey, Jake, everybody knew this, what kind of joke is this?
Speaker 2: And it is a joke.
Speaker 3: Well, what I'd like to see is like when they do, you know, he'll probably do interviews in front of crowds where the crowd is just like, Oh, you gotta be kidding, Oh, come on. I would like to see that sort of reaction because it's that level of ridiculous. Like Albert said, it makes me mental thinking about it. You're not gonna actually pretend this, are you? Are you gonna get paid millions of dollars to go around now and act like you uncovered something that eight out of ten Americans figured out on their own without your sources.
Speaker 2: Here's one of the go to phrases.
Speaker 4: Now we have anecdotes and facts about what was really going on behind the scenes, with details that Democrats wouldn't share with us.
Speaker 2: Until after election day.
Speaker 3: The first nugget I hear that's even slightly surprising.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know I haven't heard one yet. That's even slightly surprising. Way to be a punchline.
Speaker 3: Jake and everybody else that played along with it. It's amazing. Mail bag. That's a good idea mail bag on the way.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this as well, but this texture gaslighting once is annoying and frustrating. Gaslighting about the gas lighting is unforgivable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gaslighting about the gas lighting. Yeah yeah, well, uh again.
Speaker 4: Jake Tapper and his book are most punchline and I think that is appropriate and I love it. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. This is an all time favorite from Dwight D. Eisenhower Kensen pardon me, Knsen. We Cansen's are proud of Dwight Eimeler. Okay, yeah, absolutely able in Kansas, right, if you want total security, go to prison.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: You're fed, clothed, given medical care, and so on. The only thing lacking is freedom.
Speaker 2: Good one.
Speaker 4: As the budget negotiations get closer and closer to the Republicans becoming Democrats and the welfare state growing and growing and growing, and no meaningful spending cuts.
Speaker 2: Got some interesting stuff on that coming up.
Speaker 4: Kind of takes the fun out of the next election. Here's your mail bag, drove us a note mail bag at Armstrong you getty dot com. Another jay from San Jose says a long time of Trump is a carnival barker, mister Hype.
Speaker 2: We all know the type.
Speaker 4: Watching him in an interview today on his plane, it dawned on me that this tear things set up a door to door campaign with each country to sell them American stuff, then incentivize them to invest in America. Then we'll keep buying plenty of stuff from them. He's America's salesman. He'll get you to buy something from the catalog. More analysis on that coming up from various smart people. The worst place for a tattoo ever really charming Tail Todd in San Diego, Oh. He was visiting Charlotte on business. Went to a burrito place. A fellow beyond the counter was a big, pasty dude with a close haircut who gave off an escape to mental patient vibe. After I ordered, I noticed one side of his neck a tattoo of religious icon common in southern California. Mexican culture, complimented him. Anyway, I've got to summarize this, he At one point, he opened his mouth, lifted his tongue, and showed on the other underside of his tongue a simple but recognizable smiley face in blue ink, which he did himself.
Speaker 2: He got a smiley face under his tongue.
Speaker 4: That's correct, did it myself, he said, then continued, that's not the worst one, though. Once I took some viagra. Oh dear god, no, I thought, And I'm trying to decide how much of this.
Speaker 2: To re's hemet.
Speaker 4: He tried to tattoo one hundred percent Irish beef on his unit.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 4: This is my favorite part, ton San diegoids. I nodded slightly in a way that I hope would communicate that I knew what his wang was, but not that I wanted to know anything more about this. But it hurts so bad, he went on. I only got to one hundred percent Irish before I had to stop. Mercifully, my burrito arrived soon after. I wonder if you ever completed his masterpiece.
Speaker 2: Tattooing yourself under your tongue. I'm trying to figure out how you would how would you see? You'd have to have a series of mirrors. Ah.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm terrible at that too, looking at myself in a mirror and realizing, okay, I need to move the clipper a little closer to my ear, and then I move it away.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm.
Speaker 4: Helpless, absolutely helpless. Let's see, we don't have a lot of time, do you. How about this great interesting thought from JT and livermore about AI and he takes into consideration that in the past, labor saving just meant we were more productive and kept working the same amount because we had the ability to become more wealthy. But he says many human jobs can be replaced by specialized machines.
Speaker 2: But many can't yet.
Speaker 4: But as soon as human form robots are smart enough and cheaper than human workers will absolutely be a sea change to our whole way of life. An additional wrinkle that also comes into play when robots become cheap, worldwide productivity is no longer.
Speaker 2: Gated by population.
Speaker 4: Imagine what a company could do if robot labor were, say, half the price of human labor. Whole new levels of production become profitable that weren't profitable using human labor. Ah, it'll get cheaper and cheaper and more and more effective like big screen TVs. That is, when the true dystopia arrives. We will become a planet of human volunteers and hobbyists because none of our actual value add to the production process will have any value.
Speaker 2: Boy, you're right.
Speaker 3: You combine AI with the robot technology we see on all the videos, and that will be a sea.
Speaker 2: Change for the planet, no doubt about it. We got a lot today. Do you miss a segment get Podcast Armstrong and Getty