Speaker 1: The volume. Does your favorite NBA player have what it takes to be Crown King of the Court? Find out a DraftKings sports book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. DraftKings is offering one million a day in bonus bets for the first ten days of the NBA season. That's ten million in bonus bets. Here's how to shoot your shot. Opt in and get a daily NBA profit Boost token. Pick a pregame NBA player prop to boost. If that player leads the league that night in points plus rebounds plus assists, you win a share of one million in bonus bets. Download the DraftKings app and use code John. That's code John to win a share of one million in bonus bets if your player is King of the Court only on DraftKings. Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and y or text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Helps it available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD in Ontario Bonus Betskspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkng Don Coe slash b Ball.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Everybody? How are we doing? John Middlecock three and Out podcast? Just watch Matt Stafford, Sean McVay and the Rams get a big win and they look a lot different, and I mean a lot different when you roll out Pooka Nakua and Cooper Cup because it opens up the running game, makes our passing game more explosive than Matt Stafford, you know, look like the star player that he is. He was, he was unreal. Honestly. The quarterback played at Now in general was really really good. I mean there weren't many incompletions. Sam only had had seven, threw a couple of touchdowns, no picks. He was pushing the ball down the field. That was a good Thursday night game because it was just well played offensively. So big win for the Rams. Their season is alive. And well the Vikings meanwhile lose two straight. I mean they lose two games in four days. That's tough to two. Obviously, the Lions are a playoff team and the Rams were last year, and if they stay healthy, I think they'll be right back in the mix. But you lose your star left tackle, that hurts, I mean, because we all know there are certain things in sports that you do not replace. Obviously, quarterback is usually number one in season in the NFL. I would say left tackle is right behind him because the drop off from the backups. And and so we'll dive into this game, which which I enjoyed. I also wanted to hit on Jerry. There was a big story today about fan tours at the practice facility the Giants, and John Mara gave his vote of confidence to day Ball and Joe Shane, which historically is not a great thing. And obviously it's Fugazi Friday as well, so that there was a fugazi that happened this week in sports, that is just man, it's might take the cake for something that has been happening in this sport for a while. But also Stucky joins us as he does every Friday, dive into some NFL games, dive into some college We got some big college games. I mean, one of the best running backs in the country is playing Friday night at Boise State against UNLV. So make sure you subscribe to Three and Out podcast if you listen on Collins Feed. All of this is up on YouTube, so go check that out and subscribe. But before we dive into some football talk, why don't I tell you about some more sports. I was watching to night so far. I've been there one time. I do believe you know, Jerry's world is cool. I think Sofi Stadium is the coolest stadium I've ever been to. Just it's obviously the most modern. If you ever get the chance to go there for a game. Obviously you know rams games are basically or charger games or like pseudo away game sometimes.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They host so many events there, from concerts to WrestleMania's to you name it, if you ever get the chance. I cannot recommend them enough. And luckily I have a you know, a sponsor. They go by game time. They're the official ticketing app of this podcast. You want to go to a concert, you want to go to any other game anywhere, I got you covered. So you guys know the drill, take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, create an account and use the code John for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms of play again, create an account, redeem the code John for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time app today to tickets. Lowest price is guaranteed. I wanted to start with Stafford because it really hit me tonight watching him play. He is so damn good at thirty six, it really is stupid. And for the overwhelming majority of his career he obviously was on the Detroit Lions, who, in no world reflect the current version of the Lions. They were arguably the worst franchise in the league, and consistently right up there with one of the worst franchise in the league. Now, he had a couple good teams, but for the most part he played on a dysfunctional and mainly a relevant team. And you know, there was one player consistently in the league who always was a big supporter of mat and it was Rogers when he was on the Packers. Because obviously Rogers played him twice a year. But when you play someone, or when you're in a division with someone, because you play your the other two opponents so often as well. You see the guy on cross tape so often when you're studying the other defense, and he was always such a like I don't think people realize how good this guy is. And I think the sad part about Stafford's career and luckily we've got to see him with an elite coach. He won a Super Bowl, and he's got to play for playoff teams right twice so far with the Rams, and it's been awesome to watch him in these big games, in these meaningful games. But like, can you imagine if he would have been able to play for like the Pete Carroll Seahawks, or somehow been on the Steelers or the Ravens or just a well run franchise, the way we would talk about this player. I'm not saying we would say he's one of the greatest players of all time, but I think we would easily talk about him, like without hesitation, as one of the best players of his generation and no doubt about it, Hall of Famer. Now, his story is yet to be written. But this is a guy and you see him the night at thirty six years old, like the guy we're watching at thirty six years old. Imagine all the games that most of us never watched in his twenties. Now as you age as a quarterback, he's smarter than ever, right, and he still is a guy who is mistake prone. I would say his game is essentially the poor man's Brett Farv, and it's honestly closer to Farv than it is like being the divided by two version. But in terms of mobility, toughness, pocket awareness, ability to make every single throw and occasionally can throw a pick. Like tonight, they come out a halftime, it's tied fourteen fourteen. He's driving him right down the field and he throws a horrendous interception that is not even the close. And that's the thing with Stafford. He can have a play like that. You're like, where did that come from? That looks like something Deshaun Watson or Bryce Young or whoever the worst quarterbacks in the league. That's the throw they would make. Then he comes back on the next drive and misses two two at well down the sideline. It's like, that's a that's a touchdown and he knew it too, and then bing bang boom. A couple more drives, a couple more touchdowns, game over and throughout the game, he is just dominating. He's a fun player to watch, but I think for as fun as this Rams run has been. And I know there's been a little talk about him being traded. He's not gonna get traded, mainly because you see how good this offense is. I don't know when they get their two best wide receivers back. Also, Cooper Cup you watch him play and I know he's coming back off injury. He's not the same player as he once was. The gap between him and Pooka and this is no knock on Cooper Cooper. I mean Pooka went healthy because he's been a little out of sight, out of mind, I kind of forgotten. Like obviously, you know he's a really good player, the numbers he put up last year, but you're watching him night, You're like, holy shit, this guy is one of the best wide receivers in the league. You talk about you know, short and intermediate game. He can dominate over the middle of the field, the outs, the slants, the quick ends, and then he can work the sideline. He's such a physical blocker. I mean, he's just a complete player. The one knock on him is like you know in terms of quote unquote superstar. I wouldn't put him like there with Jamar Jefferson or I almost combined Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson, but those two guys. But he is damn good, So you add him, you add Cooper Cup. It spreads out their entire offense, which lets other guys eat because they're focusing on those guys. Also opens up the running game where they can't just stack the box because Matt Stafford's throwing to nobody. So Williams z Eaton and I almost runs for one hundred yards. I'm a huge Blake Korhum fan, like that offense is legit when they're fully healthy. And this team's pretty damn good because they've built this young nucleus on defense. But it all gets back to Stafford because when you can ride a guy six years old who was that good and listen, this is not the NBA where in the middle of his Detroit Lions career, quarterbacks usually you just if you're a really good player. He was a number one overall pick, you just kind of get stuck. Now you get paid handsomely for it. I looked he made two hundred and nineteen million dollars for the Detroit Lions. So while his career underachieved because of the organization, his bank account surely did not. But the best thing that ever happened to this man was to get traded to Sean McVay in the La Rams because he's not just on a real team now. The Lions are as well now, but I mean, they just made the NFC Championship game for the first time in thirty years, and this Rams team, if they can stay healthy, like Cooper, Cup's not getting traded. Why because his value isn't that high. I don't really think he has much trade value. Again, he's still a productive, solid, strong starter. Like tonight him he had five catches fifty one yards sleep The last catch when he got shoved out of bounds was not ideal, but he made a huge catch on the series before on third down to basically, you know, put the pseudo nail in the coffin and everyone's gonna be like, John, what about the face mask at the end of the game. I'm sorry, I had bad no call should have been called, But I don't feel that much sympathy. I don't have that much faith. We'll get into the the big injury for Minnesota that they were gonna be able to drive down the field. But I get being a little angry, but ultimately they were pinned up against their Like the right team won this game. I'm with you, bad call, But tonight to me was about Matt Stafford. I mean, what a great chess match between Sean McVay and Brian Flores. Uh, you know the way that he was moving guys around. They used bunch formations to get guys open. McVeigh sometimes when these guys are all playing like mcvay's got a lot Andy Reid to him. I know he's considered a Shanahan guy, and even Gruden I would say, is you know, know likes to run the ball. McVeigh really wants to go four or five wide, get Stafford in the shotgun and sling that pill around. And tonight he hammered the run and he's stuck with it tonight and it was very, very effective. Offensively, they look fantastic. Now, it's a tough spot for Minnesota coming off a tough loss short week across. You know, that's a long ass flight and this is this gets back to last week where before I get off the Rams though, this is why coaching is so important. You lose Nakua who hadn't played, Cooper Cup gets injured pretty immediately, and you're able to just keep your head above water. Two and four is not ideal, but your season's kind of over if you're one in five, right, and that's where Obviously they beat the Raiders last week, but to me it was that niner win is huge because now they're three and four, they get, you know, this mini buy. They go to Seattle, who they're very comfortable playing and actually I think they match up pretty well against. Then they play the Dolphins, and then they play the Patriots in New England. So even if I'm being conservative, you're looking at a team if they stay healthy, worst case scenario they're five and five. I mean, there's a chance they're six and four. And all these guys literally just did this right last year when they were three and six and then heading into the playoffs, they were one of the hottest teams in the league. And the other thing is adding Jared Verse to this defense, which was already really solid, Like it's very rare past rushers. I think people get very concerned, like with the Puka and Nakua types not super fast, you're gonna struggle to get open, and then you just know immediately you're like, well, it translates his play speed, his route running, his ball skills, his toughness, like you knew right away last year, like Pooka is a player. But those type guys make teams a little nervous, right, because they're just they're more dependent on things that aren't speed. But if you can get a open, you get open. It's no different with pass rushers who are power guys first. Right, A lot of teams lean like, obviously you want your defensive linemen and your edge rushers to have power, but if you have elite quickness, elite speed, that usually translates better because it's just hard to touch you, and then ultimately you can use your power off that well. Verse is a power first guy, and sometimes those guys in college don't translate because it's hard to just shove dudes around in the NFL. Kind of reminds me of Khalil Mack. Some similarities there, because early on in Khalil Mack's career he did not have many pass rush moves. But you know what translated immediately his power rush and you saw tonight when Darisol went out and he got Questenberry a couple times, just one on one. He shoved the guy into the air. Now that's a backup, but still he weighs three hundred and twenty pounds. So young number zero was a good player for him last year as a rookie second year guy. I'm I mean they got a lot of frisky players up front. Obviously you lose Aaron Donald, which is huge, but in a weird way, like obviously non quarterback the star that Pooka is, it kind of shifted, and then they play as a group on defense. So I listen, I like the Rams coming into the season. Then they had so many injuries it was hard to take them seriously. But Sean McVay somehow won that forty nine er game, and that could be a big difference. At the end of the year they're a nine or ten win team instead of like an eight to nineteam So tonight, fantastic performance by Stafford and it's just fun to see him in games of the matter. On the flip side, like listen, I think Sam Donald for the most part was really damn good. If if JJ McCarthy over the next couple of years, looks as good as Sam Donald has looked in twenty twenty four. I think most Vikings fans would go like six to midnight. They would die for him to be this good, this explosive one. His pocket presence is really good. I mean how often he steps up and climbs in the pocket not to run. There was a throw to night in the red zone where they had to settle for a field goal where he climbed the pocket. This is when Darisaw was out and he hit who was it was it? Oh was Nailor And I mean he had to throw it, probably a little harder than he wanted, but this is the big leagues, like hit you in the in the chest, in the hands, even if he's semi close, like you gotta catch it. It was a fantastic play. But he was making a lot of throws over the middle of the field that looked exactly like Stafford stepping up in the pocket, throwing ropes to Jefferson. Obviously, he hit Aaron Jones down the sideline on the one. He hit Jefferson on a couple down the sidelines as well, Like I know he he didn't get the chance on the last drive because they called the safety on the play that should have been a fifteen yard penalty, and obviously on the drive before that, you know, they got kind of punked in terms of the offensive line. He was a sitting duck. But I thought for the most part, eighteen to twenty five, a couple touchdowns didn't really put the ball in harm's way like he has for ten million dollars. We've been talking a lot about Derrick Henry and the value he's had for the Ravens. Right for whatever they paid him a seven million dollar signing bonus and eight or nine million dollars guaranteed, you can't for a ten million dollar quote unquote bridge quarterback. I just don't think you can ask like this is as good as it gets. Honestly, this guy looks like a real NFL quarterback, and this guy's playing at such a high level. It's like, I know, you drafted a guy really high, but the likelihood that he's going to be that good next year, and who knows, I mean, you never know, and I'm bullsh on JJ McCarthy, but it's it's impossible to not be extremely The quarterback played a night for the most part, beside the one Matt Stafford interception for a Thursday night game was as good as you get it really, but obviously the story of the night for the Vikings you you lose Darrisaw. I mean a big reason Trent Williams held out was because when Darrisaw signed his massive contract, which I think pays like on average twenty eight million dollars a year, which is well deserved, He's like, well, I gotta get a little more in that because I'm the best left tackle. But you could make the argument that Darrisaw definitely is the best young left tackle. They're just is no replacing that guy. It's no different than a quarterback. Like Stafford goes down, You're just fucked. I mean, it's just period, point blank, end of story. It's just it's just over, you know immediately. I think it's a lot like that with superstar tackles, and there's a short list of them. You see it with Darrisaw. You you saw it earlier this year when Lane Johnson missed a game and they went to the backup that the drop off is just so gigantic. You saw it in the Giants game against the Eagles. They lose their left tackle, and it's like a free for all for the Eagles in the backfield. So that guy's a star. And if he has a major knee injury, that's just a crippling blow. Now I'm not acting like the Vikings won't win again, but I took them very seriously, Like in the first half of that game. I'm like, and I've thought this all season long, this is a team that can win a playoff game, right. This is a team whether they win the division or a wildcard team like this is real, super well coached, potent offensive weapons, running back, multiple wide receivers, good quarterback play, good offensive line. I don't think they have the most talent on defense, but they're super well coached. Obviously, Van Ginkle's a really good player. Their front just plays really hard. Their dbs, I mean, are relatively solid. Gilmore is older, but play well as a unit, try hard. But man, I just I think your borderline screwed. I mean, if that were to be a season injury, a season ending injury, like, I'm sorry, I don't take you seriously at all anymore, because there's no plugging. There's no band aid that fills that gap. And you saw it as the game went on, the pressure from the left just amplified dramatically, and luckily Donald is a good athlete and he could move. But I mean, a huge part of their game is pushing the ball down the field because of Jefferson and Addison and just how good their wide receivers are and just how good their play caller is. But they showed Kevin O'Connell's face when Darisaw was laying on the ground and he tried to, you know, act like a coach, unfazed, but inside he had to be crying because if I was him, I just I would have been in tears. But my overall takeaway from this game is I think Stafford, in a weird way, still underappreciated, and I think a huge reason is for his Lion's tenure. And I think Sam Darnold has just been a revelation this season. He's been awesome. And that injury obviously beside winning. You know, the Rams win, big story. They got the they're healthy, but you lose Derosol. That's that's gonna be one of the biggest injuries of the season. Okay, let's hit on a couple other things that there was a story that came out today on ESPN that was centered around the Cowboys and fan tours. Now, obviously the Cowboys built this, you know, monstrosity of a practice facility that they call the Star, which by all accounts is incredible, and Jerry, one of the great showmans, gives tours to the fans, and obviously a lot of players, specifically Dak, were asked about it today, And before we get into Dak's comments, this whole like, to me, this story comes from and is created by the shit storm that Jerry has created. I feel like in these last couple of weeks, obviously his radio interviews won the thing that he did a couple of weeks ago, getting into it with the guys, which people argue, like, that's not that abnormal, it's how angry he was just being asked basic questions after an ass kicking, and then this week essentially crushing the play calling and just destroying everything that it feels like that he's witnessing, like he's not the ultimate boss to me, has led to stories like this coming out And when you just say a facility does a fan tour, my first reaction is like, who cares? That is not a big deal. I can't speak to how the Eagles operate now, but when I was there, you could be in the lunch room and players could be eating and a dude from mar Couding could walk in, and you know, people were just mingling around. We're all human beings. You know, obviously you're not like taking pictures with him. But it wasn't that abnormal to just walk by random people. Now, I think there's a difference of having people that work in the organization and just having random fans. Ed Werder today took a picture being sarcastic about the whole, you know, kind of moment and topic and article. Where they do their press conferences, there's clearly open glass where you walk into the facility, and there was a fan tour going on, and there was a dude wearing a cowboy jersey with his family holding his little girl, waving at the media. It was just it was incredible. It made me chuckle. But ultimately they asked Dak about it, and he said that he thought it was stupid that anyone would make this an excuse. Like you walk by random people, you say hello, and you keep on rolling. It does not astract or lead to losing and I agree, like you're not playing bad defense because you know, Billy from Lubbock, Texas brought his family, brother and good buddies on a Cowboy tour of the facility. Now, I do think it represents like the Cowboys just have a lot going on. And right now they have people pointing fingers, anonymous sources in the building, Jerry going on record shitting on everybody, and they play on Sunday Night Football, and I do believe and they might just be so undermanned. Now the forty nine ers aren't exactly you know, playing with a full deck either, But that's the type game that if you lose, and especially lose handily, I'd be stunned if it looked like last year where they just got blown out. But if they lose by double digits and get embarrassed on Sunday Night Football, the number one show in America, I do just think this team could crumble, Like I just think they could fall apart. And I was someone I was wrong. I thought this would be a playoff team. Now I didn't think they'd win twelve games again, but I thought the culture, the talent they still have, they have a good quarterback Zimmer would be good with defense. I didn't know everyone would get injured, but they would win nine or ten games and be a wild card team and honestly compete for the division because I didn't think there was a team in the division that would run away with it numbers wise, though the Eagles obviously have more talent, didn't expect Washington to be this good. But regardless, like, you lose this game coming off of bye, especially if you get shoved around a little bit, which is gonna be a problem because they can't stop the run. And Kyle Shanahan is kind of a throwback. I mean, in a perfect world, he would He's like Jim Harbaugh. He would run the ball eighty ninety percent of the time if he could on a given game, and when he gets the opportunity has no problem doing it. Then it feels like this team, and really this organization could just fall apart in the short term. I'm not saying the Cowboys are going under or whatever, obviously, I mean they make money hand over fists. I mean they make more money than any team in the league. But I've always I was like, I don't know, Al Davis two point zero, it does start to feel like it's becoming that a little bit. It's completely different, and it's more like a fortune five hundred company Al Davis two point zero because of how well the business is run and how big the product is. But in terms of the football team, in terms of the football stories, it does feel like they've jumped the shark and it's getting really, really weird. And I've known a few very successful people and as they got older, they usually don't change their ways and they tend to be stubborn people. And I obviously don't know people of the wealth level of Jerry Jones, but I think they're all cut from the same cloth because you hold back and lean back and refuse to change because what you did thirty forty years ago is the reason you're sitting here right now. And Jerry ain't gonna change, just like Al Davis in his latter years wasn't gonna change. And when these guys have the amount of power they do, it's very unique. Like Jerry's the GM as well, same with Al, and they own the team. Literally, everyone that walks into the building, from player to coach, to intern to marketing guy to the front office assistant to the janitor, knows that guy is the top of the food chain. And once they start getting weird as Jerry is getting, it just feels like it's crumbled. It can crumble, and it might be crumbling in front of our eyes. But this notion that these tours in the building like this is a story that's irrelevant if you're five and two, do you know when the story's are relevant? The last three years when they had twelve wins, no one gave a shit about Billy from Austin and his family coming on a tour. You start losing, players start pointing the fingers, Things get leaked, and a story like this, which many would argue is kind of a non story, becomes a story and there is no ban dating or plugging these holes that are leaking and stopping this avalanche of just kind of negativity around especially and unlike Al Davis, Jerry's talking every week, multiple times a week, so it's only gonna grow. It's not like if they lose on Sunday Night to the Niners, what do you think Jerry's talking about on Tuesday, Like, everything's gonna be okay, we'll keep our heads high, We'll get this thing to get No, he's gonna keep doubling down. So I'm one of those people that have always like I'm not a Jerry Jones haater. I've always admired, honestly a story back from the way he bought the Cowboys, how quickly they turned around. I know it wasn't because of him, but like I grew up like it was the Niners versus the Cowboys, and they were as big as any team in my youth, and rightfully so. They were a powerhouse led by him because he's got a big ego and he wanted everyone to know about it. And now it feels like in his early eighties he hasn't just lost his fastball, but he's starting to create these messes, like he's really becoming a part of this. And I you know, I don't know if it was just that moment last year against Green Bay really rattled them. Really the last three losses, three years in a row in the playoffs have been really, really hard. You go back to twenty twenty one, they host the forty nine Ers, they're six and a half point favorite. Niners took it to him the following year they end Tom Brady's career. Dak has one of the greatest games of his career. Then they go toe to toe with the Niners and they lose that game because Dak throws a couple interceptions. Their defense was awesome, and then last year happened, which kind of feels like icing on the cake. Another thing that happened, speaking of the NFC East, is John Mara gave some comments at an event, and I think he's in a tough spot right because I can't imagine he's happy. He has to hear constantly about the Saquon thing, and then it literally just happens at his home stadium rushes for a buck seventy five. Then the video goes viral. He's like, it's almost like he waved the white flag for the Giants, like, yeah, I'm good, let them be, even though I doubt they. I mean, putting Saquon back in in that situation would have been very risky for Nick Sirianni and his job status if he were to get injured, you know, in a situation where you're killing someone just to rub it in their face like you already had. So luckily it just didn't happen. But I actually think it's worse just with the comments on the sideline of just like, yeah, I'm good man. These guys aren't worth it to me. And John Morrow essentially said this week that I do not anticipate and he changes this offseason, and I think he wants I've seen this for years with Mark Davis, Like Mark Davis would have done anything for Josh McDaniels to work out and it not to have gotten as bad as it got. Mark Davis would have paid millions of dollars for those emails on John Gruden to never come out, just so John Gruden could have been as head coach, even if they just became like a fringe playoff team over the course of a couple of years, for like seven, eight, nine years, these some of these owners want no part of firing people and going back on a search. And I do believe that he's being truthful, like he's essentially I don't want to do this. I do not want to fire these guys. I do think it's pretty hard to shake everything that happened this summer on that television show. If I'm a Giants fan, I just have a hard time taking Joe Shane seriously. That's one of the more jaw dropping television shows I've ever seen. When it comes to sports now, it's kind of a double edged sword because as a consumer and as a lover of football and just loving that content, it might be some of the best content I've ever seen. I was glued. If you would have told me off season New York Giants, how do you think it'll come out? I would have said ninety five percent. Chance would be awful and boring. Instead, it was elect it was must watch television if you liked you know, if you enjoyed the NFL, if you enjoy you know, if you play fantasy football. It's like, how does gms actually operate? And you're like, this can't be true. And in my experience, that's not the way it happens. And those aren't the conversations and how willy nilly, and it felt like they were just freelancing on the fly. But it's hard to shake that moment that we saw on TV where he said I don't think I could sleep if he goes to the Eagles, and Joe Shane not only said I don't think he's gonna go with the Eagles. I think he's gonna end up with the Giants or excuse me, the Bears. Clearly he wants to like Brian Dable. He wants Brian Dable to work, but what if it's just not gonna work? Like, what if they just win one more game the rest of the season. Their offense is a mnemic and now losing their left tackle, they are going to get their quarterback killed and Brian daball I think Daniel Jones came out today and said that Brian Dable told him you're a quarterback moving forward regardless, Like it doesn't even matter whoever you're throwing out. He stinks he's not good enough. He throwed Drew Locke in this situation, it's not gonna look much better. It's a disaster and you're just not gonna be able to win many games when this is your situation. So I do believe John Marra, Like right now, he's like, God, I just want them to show some light. But what if they don't, And what if all of a sudden, we're drafting instead of sixth next year, we're drafting third. It's hard to feel great about rolling this back, but I do understand where he's coming from. I don't want to look at the guy like I'm also becoming Al Davis in the two thousands. I'm just firing people every two or three years. He went from three straight coaches they lasted two years. And if he were to fire everybody, these two these you knows GM and head coach would last three years. So in six three, in nine years, he would be on his fifth head coach post. Tom Coughlin like, that's a lot to handle. So I think this Giants thing is worth monitoring and something that just a story that's not going to go away. Last but not least because it's Fugazi Friday, I truly believe we saw one of the greatest f us we've ever seen night for the NBA. Happened Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, right first game of the season. Load management and guys sitting out is part of the sport. These teams like no longer care about the paying customer that they no longer care. We have seen that for years now. They will sit a guy if they just as whatever, just take the game off. Happens all the time and honestly throughout the regular season. As a if you're gonna buy a ticket at this point in time, that's on you. But Adam Silver, who you gotta give him credit somehow locked up a television deal despite their ratings going the opposite way at like almost triple the value. And one of his big partners who has been one of his biggest partners and most loyal partner, who talks about his league constantly as people DM me like why is their NBA live in August when football's going on and basketball's months away? They're in business with him and one of the biggest opening night games on national television is the Sixers at home hosting the Bucks. Two of the best players in the NBA, Jiannis and Joel Embiid, guys that have won an MVP. Now, the difference is Yiannis is a champion and a guy I would say universally respected. If you like sports, you go that guy plays his ass off. That guy gives everything he's got. Then there's Joel Embiid, who has never come remotely close to winning anything. He's never even been to the conference finals. James Harden takes a lot of shit Like James Harden, while he's underperformed relative to his regular season status, a little overrated, I think because the style doesn't translate the playoffs, has been to the conference finals, a couple times when he was the Alpha, let alone the finals when he was on Oklahoma City. Like he's had personal success and team success, j Weell Embids has zero team success. Honestly, they have kind of been the laughingstock of all the good teams in the league over the last six or seven years. To load manage game one, I think it's easy to blame the Sixers and listen, they deserve it. And if I'm Adam Silver, they gave me a middle finger. They essentially said, you're too big of a puss. I don't think you'll do anything, even though you've implemented new rules. Again, this isn't Christmas Week or you know, early December or January and you're playing Orlando and no one's paying attention, No one cares. This is game one all around the league yesterday. I look, guys are playing twenty five thirty thirty five minutes. Because unless you are the Boston Celtics who showed up and played their ass off the other night, this should be a big deal, even if you plan on load managing throughout the season. But Joel Embiid, who by all accounts and reports is fully healthy, sat out Game one. His team got bounced in the playoffs in the first round last season, so he didn't play the second round, he didn't play the third round, he didn't play obviously in the finals. He barely even played in the Olympics. So this is a guy who has not played forever. You would think against one of his quote unquote equals or peers in Giannis on National TV in the history of my life watching sports. Obviously, football is not even comparable to the NBA anymore because no one load manages, and anyone plays if they can't. But let's just use basketball. All the players I grew up on, I'm not even more removed Michael Jordan. Just go the other guys that won MVPs over that period, the David Robinson's, the Charles Barklays, the Kobe Bryants, the Shacks, the teams, you name it, the most famous people when I was a kid like kind of that group. Beside Michael, can you imagine them getting bounced in the first round and then them sitting out game one to load it's the first at home. I think it's unprecedented territory. I really do. Other guys aren't playing, like Kawhi Leonard Well he gets knee surgery like every six months. Is hard to tell if he's load managing or injured. Of course it is because he misses a lot of games, but he clearly gets surgery all the time. Paul George, who also didn't play for the Sixers, got injured in the preseason, so like he legitimately hyper stand to his knee. This guy, by all accounts, every NBA reporter like, yeah, he's healthy, and now the NBA is investigating. If I was Adam Silver, the fu you just showed me after I did everything humanly possible to get our league so much money about to flow in these next ten years, that these players are gonna be making eighty to ninety one hundred million dollars, guys like Joel Embi, who currently makes fifty one million dollars. I mean, you talk about it, Fugazi the Sixers. The organization is a joke. It really is. And that was I thought, in the history of load management, probably the lowest moment for the NBA. And if I'm Adam Silver, like there's no I can't suspend anybody because I want this guy to play. I am throwing a historic fine at the organization, which hopefully just pisses the owner off and makes him get on the guys. And maybe the owner, now that he's in the NFL, doesn't even care. It's like, yeah, hit me up later in the season. I'm gonna focus on my football team. But what a joke. Okay, back at it again with my main man, Stucky, and we were all over some underdogs last week. But rule and no one should ever compare Riola to Mahomes again until he does something meaningful. But we've got a lot going on. We don't have the greatest slate in the NFL matchup wise, but that's why they made gambling. College has some very interesting games. We have the World Series starting on Friday night, where you can get the Yankees as a dog at plus one oh five, which which I'm tempted to do. But Stucky, how you doing? Bro?
Speaker 3: Going on to there.
Speaker 1: Got any thoughts in the World Series?
Speaker 3: I played the Yankees small, nothing big, but I took them as a dog.
Speaker 1: I wish that number was a little higher, like if it was like plus one fifty or something. You know, if the Dodgers were a little better, I would feel a little more inclined. It's not all lines presenting here by DraftKings, you know, plus one oh five. I don't know if it's great value for an underdog. It would be my initial take as someone who is gonna put money in the Yankees as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like my thought process is that I just don't know if the Dodgers have the pitching. I mean, just look at look at Game one. It's Garrett Cole versus Priority, who's looked awful. And so I think that, you know, I wanted to have just a bet on the sweat the whole series, and I think the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Said Game one.
Speaker 3: So I died through some of the Yankees as an underdog.
Speaker 1: Think how many I saw some of the prices for Yankee tickets in New York. I mean they're just astronomical. Plus there's so many East Coasters that live either in Southern California, Northern California, Arizona, Vegas. Who I'm with some cash that I'm sure there are gonna be a lot of Yankee fans there Friday night. Yeah, so that's that there's a little variance there. So yeah, I like the Yankees as well. Let's where do you want to start? I guess really quick looking back on last week. You know in the NFL, the Lions that that was a pretty massive win. But I also think, you know we're recording this before Thursday night. I think Minnesota showed out pretty well. It's clear that division is freaking good because the Packers I thought thoroughly outplayed them, but you muffle punt, Jordan throws an awful pick that they returned to the eleven as well. You know, to me, they played that same game ten times. I think the Packers win comfortably the majority of them. Are you in agreement there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Texans just couldn't protect Stroud, couldn't move the ball consistently. They really missed Nico Collins. They have inefficient, inefficient play calling on early downs. But yeah, green Bay looked good. Tricky spot this this this weekend at at Jacksonville. Just like after that game, division game on deck going down to Sparti humidity. I did play some Jags, but that numbers come too far down. Packers special teams that are going to be an issue all year, but they have that That division is is loaded and there's lots of good coach is too. Like that's what makes that that division even more intriguing. So yeah, all those.
Speaker 1: Divisional all their all their divisional matchup field like playoff games, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you have you have good home field advantages too, like good at I mean, it's it's good. It's it's nice when that division is good. Yeah, we've seen the switch in the Like we talked about this before the year with the NFC versus the a f C, I mean the the a f C. Man, there are some bad, bad teams in the a f C. And like the Chiefs are undefeated, but they have looked. I mean it's not like they're overwhelming teams and they keep playing teams that get hurt. But I mean their offense is pretty limited. But I mean you have teams like the Raiders, the Titans, the Browns, the Patriots, like the I mean the Dolphins. Their situation is going to get better with two of this week. But that the AFC, just from top to bottom, I think it might have been passed by the NFC.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the division winners on DraftKings. If you look at the North, obviously the Lions are currently favored. You can get the Packers. The Lions are plus one thirty. The Vikings are plus one seventy five. You know the Packers right now are plus three eighty. I do think there's some value there. I mean, I think their offense is freaking good and defensively endless and obviously, like you said, they're missing Ego Collins. I do you know you add Sauliz's boy, you add him in the mix. I do think they're clearly a little bit better and feel a little I have a little more confidence in their defense just with half lead than I did with Joe Berry because it's kind of similar players, right, It's not like it's not like they added Reggie White to the mix. But I'm a believer in the Packers. I think they're pretty good. Yeah, I think this would be I think they can win the NFC, Like I don't think with Aiden missing. We'll see if they like I mean, obviously they trade for like Miles Garrett or something. Then I look at the lines exactly like I did before the season. But until they get that solidified, like that is a problem for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the I mean they don't, they don't luck out schedule wise. I mean, this would be the time to buy them, because you do they you know, they're at Jackson they're favored, and then they host Detroit and that's one of the few games this year where Detroit has outdoor goth and who turns into a pumpkin in any type of weather.
Speaker 1: Outdoors, so gets it, gets it early, though, you know it's not I think last week it looked pretty sunny and they kept saying on the broadcast, like, what a this is the greatest October day in the history of lambo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see what the could change fast. That'll be worth watching. Then they have a bide and they're at Chicago. They're home against San Francisco. We'll see how healthy San Francisco is. And to get Miami at home like outdoor team late November, which helps. So they're at Detroit, at Seattle home against New Orleans. Maybe New Orleans is healthier than at Minnesota than home against Chicago. So the skeed isn't easy. But I think now's the time to buy Green Bay if you'd like them for the division. I definitely think they're alive. This thing should be an award at the end. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I might actually just sprinkle a little that that number seems like to me their number should be much closer should be at least hand in hand or right there with the Vikings, not double the Vikings number like that feels a little I agree.
Speaker 3: I would also bet that because I think the Rams have a shot to win tonight and that would be a loss. The Packers already beat the Rams, so you know, the the Vikings losing that game. I mean, I think there might be down to like two and a half point favorites. But this is a tough spot tonight, or.
Speaker 1: You'll look like a genius when this comes out on Friday, if you're right. I think actually a lot of people, you know, I'm not as much off the Vikings. I actually think that was a pretty impressive loss and Darnold looked pretty good. And like you said, the coaching staffs in the division, but specifically their coaching staff obviously offensively that you know they're players, but you know, I smoking mirrors feels a little strong, but like they're probably more likely to be like a good eleven and sixteen than some powerhouse thirteen win team, right, I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I'm not off the Vikings that this is just it's a tricky spot. You know, with healthier los angele you know, get cut back and even a short week after that effort going out to the West Coast Rams trying to save their season. Wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings dropped that game, and then the Packers outs will come down a bit.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just dive into some games this weekend. We's start with my man, Jim Harbaugh, who had one of his uh just classic meltdowns the other night, which was just freaking awesome that some of the you know officiating in that game at the end, it just makes me want to puke. But they get the Saints this week, who are in complete shambles, who are starting Spencer Ratler, who was I guess I haven't talked to you since they played last right, because Thursday night was atrocious in that game. The Saints, honestly what I've been right on my preseason prediction on them. Who knows, but they have no freaking chance once they literally lose every good player on their team. I just think mentor for the for Harbaugh, one thing Jim and John do a great job of is just fucking hiring and finding these coaches. Obviously, he's gone back and forth. He has been awesome, and if it wasn't for a freak run of Kyler Murray. Like the Chargers defense was excellent in that game. So I just don't see how the Saints can even operate. Now, seven points for a team that struggles to score touchdowns is obviously a little concerning. But clearly we've seen a little flip the last couple weeks of some of these favorites gain a little more control. This is more of an I meant of betting against the Saints than it is like a huge believer in the Chargers being a powerhouse. Oh, I think when the dust leedtles they end up more likely it's like the seventh seed. But but still like at this current point, they are just way better in the Saints. The coach coaching mismatch here is huge. I think the Saints are just I mean, they're not circling the drain. They're basically going down it right now. I like a minus seven the Chargers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's seven, I I would it feels big.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot of point.
Speaker 3: I forget it's like the Chargers on the team. I'd like the back as a big favorite just because of their style of play. They're like I think the hardball is a great coach, but I you know, he kicked a field goal on fourth and breath that I thought they should have went for it with like ten minutes to go. But they're like they their offense is just there's the ceiling is pretty low just because of the weapons they have. I'm I'm curious just to watch this injury record, Like you have a lot of guys on the charge, Like what weapons are the Chargers gonna have? Like he I think yesterday we're recording this on Thursday, Like McConkey, Will Disley, who was like the go to guy last week, Darius Davis, Quinton Johnson, all those guys didn't practice, Like who are they going to have to throw the ball to? And then on the Saint side, like who's gonna play? Like they have about ten starters that are that were limited in practice yesterday, Like from it looks like Latimore is gonna play, which will help with like Juwan Johnson, Kamara, Taysom hill, A Lave a couple of their offensive linemen. So like who are the Saints gonna get back? Because if they're if they have their shell unit again, then yeah, it's it's hard to envision them being competitive in this game, So watch the injury report game. For me, I couldn't bet the Saints as of right now, but generally speaking, Chargers not a team I'm running into the window to bet as a bigger favor.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean similar Vaine. Here the Chiefs, who who aren't exactly light in the world on fire with touchdowns, do add DeAndre Hopkins, who I think they officially announced Thursday morning. On Wednesday, Andy Reid was asked about it, like after the trade had already been broken. He's like, I know nothing about it. Classic big fella, but I would imagine DeAndre Hopkins. They will immediately play him now how much I mean he'll get. They'll just tell him plays in the huddle. They're playing the Raiders. They stayed in Vegas, so they played the forty nine ers. They flew to Vegas. They've been out there all week long. Last year, To me, typically this number you'd be like, you know, this is a weird spot for the Chiefs, but Vegas humiliated them on Christmas, and then I think it's probably more overblown on like social media, the thing that the Raiders did with talking shit about Mahomes. But I also think it's an easy one for them. I think this is going to be very, very difficult for the Raiders to budge past the fifty yard line. Now concern anything, He is like, can they score enough points to cover this number, which as of this morning on draftings was nine and a half. Obviously, Crosby will be a problem that their tackles haven't been great, But I just I could see this defense absolutely smothering Minshew, who just stinks.
Speaker 3: I actually play the Raiders. I played some plus ten. It's just I mean, like, yeah, I get the social media thing last year, but what are the Chiefs gonna do, like Fry play harder on offense? Like their their offense is just so limited. Maybe Hopkins might help a little bit, but he's not gonna like provide that explosive option might play like ten fifteen snaps. I don't know if he even plays on Sunday. The Chiefs they're I mean, they're the least explosive offense in NFL. They're really efficient. They're like if they're just beating teams with efficiency, their d's playing well. But I will say, like if you I think their defense might be a bit overrated, I love Spags, but I mean they also another they lost Steve in the offseason. They also another corner in Watson who got hurt now and he's out, and every week everyone gets hurt who they play against. Like, you go back to the Falcon, the Falcons should have beat them if they get a PI call converted any those four tenths. Falcons lose two of their starting offensive linemen in that game in the first half and still almost won the game. Bengals, playing without t Higgins should have beat the Chiefs earlier this season if you know they don't get that PI call or there's a defensive scoop and score. They played the Chargers when Herbert was banged up without his offensive lineman and they don't have any weapons. They played the Saints who had all kinds of injuries, and they played the forty nine Ers who lose all their receivers during the game, and you're basically playing like the forty nine ers practice squad. So yeah, the Raiders aren't a great offense. Maybe you get Meyers back, you can throw it to Bowers, but just ten in a divisional game after that, forty nine Ers win for an offense that's still extremely limited. I had to take it. Do I feel great about it? No, it's big coaching this match. But Pierce will kick some field goals for me when you shouldn't, which might help get the Raiders of the window, which it did last week. Like last week, I guess he was just trying to cover, not beat the Rams. But I had to take the ten. I mean, you go, you go back. I played the four.
Speaker 1: We're starting to get We're starting to get some numbers that are getting pretty big. I mean, that's that's the thing that makes me uncomfortable the next game. Same thing. It's just like that is a lot of points. Like you can be up seventeen if they score right, or be up fourteen, and if they score a touchdown the game, you know, with four minutes left to go in the game, even when you kick their ass, that's where you get screwed. I've been gambling long enough to know. I just I think there are some shitty, shitty teams in the NFL right now, and I think we are closer than typically normal to get in some not one, two, three cancoons, but just disastrous situations with some of these squads. And I'm sure the Raiders I'm sure out of Carolina.
Speaker 3: It feels like the bottom of the NFL is worse than usual, Like there's more I think.
Speaker 1: I think coaching plays a part in that. Like Antonio Pierce, when's the last time a guy, I mean, the guy's been coaching like five years ever gets canalis. I mean I think some of the coaches drawed mail same thing. He's been coaching five years. I mean he's like these guys then they don't call plays or do anything, so it's like, what's even going on? Yeah, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Some of its injuries, like the Panthers have no one left on their roster, like from on their defense too, And I mean then now they're back to bryce young they've been just crushed by the injury. But but yeah, you're right. The coaching, it feels like college. The parody. There's more parody now than there's been in a while in the NFL, there's less. But just for what it's worth, home dogs of ten plus historically in the NFL fifty seven percent against the spread. It's it's very difficult to cover ten plus spreads in the NFL. Mahone James as a favorite of more than seven sixteen, twenty one and two against the spread. As a favorite of more than ten, it's a double digit favorite. He's nine fourteen and two against the spread thirty nine percent. The other thing when you're laying a big number with the Chiefs is like they could they could be up you know, say they're up seven late or up ten. They're really good at just running the clock out and they're not explosive, like they're not gonna bring it, but they can just go on a seven minute drive and then they're they're taking knees.
Speaker 1: But he's really turned in more of these last couple of years, which is not Andy's mo O, but it's just because of the squad, the roster that he has much more like a hardball brother, right or like an old school Mike Tomlin, like Andy at its core wants to throw it all the time. I mean looking at the numbers. I was looking yesterday when I do the podcast for when they traded for DeAndre Hopkins. Like you said, they sneaky or they're really good on third down, so it's like their offense has been efficient, but on first down passes they're like closer to twenty than they are ten. And it shows you like he just knows. I mean that goes back to Pachaco and even now the Kareem Hunt has looked better. I just got to play to the strength of my team. But at the end of the day, like he would ideally love to have three or four sweet wide receivers and throw it all the time and score thirty eight on your ass, Like that's how he wants to play. Like Jim Harbaugh at his core would run at every play if he could. Like Andy at his core now, he likes a physical defense. It's not like he has soft teams. But he wants to pass. But it doesn't make as much sense when it's best wide receiver right now is a twenty one year old four to two guy that you know. I think they're still trying to figure out exactly how to use them. Yeah, I mean, I think you saw that last week when Mahomes overthrow a Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mahomes is six touchdowns and eight interceptions. Somehow he's the MVP favor But on the ear, like their offense is get off with Checko Brown Roshi writes the huge loss like Kelsey's not in full playoff shape yet, Like the offense is very limited. They just want to like that's what makes it tough to lay a big number. Then they just want to like grind it down the field.
Speaker 1: They convinced me, I'm staying away. I'm staying away from that this this though. Listen, Denver is worse on offense than the Chiefs, but they are minus They're minus nine and a half at home against Andy Dalton, who gets in a car accident. Luckily he's okay, but he hurt his thumb, So maybe sprain your thumb. You can't grab the ball. They go announced on Wednesday they're going with Bryce Young. If you truly believe Bryce Young stinks and it's gonna just be one of the worst players we've seen in recent memory that was drafted that high. Denver's defense is good on the road and mile high. This is a tough spot for him. I mean, they could not function on offense with him those first couple of games. Now maybe he's had a chance to take a deep breath. I don't really know how you get your confidence back just hanging out in the meeting rooms and playing scout team quarterback. But I'm tempted here to take Denver as just a bet less about Sean Payton, because I actually think bo Nicks has been a little shaky for a guy that's twenty four with seven hundred million career starts, like I would expected him to be a little more consistent, been a little concerning. But I I just what I've witnessed out of Bryce Young the first year and a half. It's not like anything else change. It's he's not coming back. Like there are seven more sweet offensive guys. Obviously their defense blows, but I think this is a tough spot to start. If you're him, I.
Speaker 3: Don't mind this one. If you want to up the three, this would be my preference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, would it be the same number if Dalton was starting, No, it.
Speaker 3: Would be Dalton is a couple of points better. Seven Yeah, probably seven. I mean, look, yeah, bo Nix has not been great. He's been a a garbage time merchant. So like a lot of his stats have come in complete garbage time. Like you look at that Chargers game, like they were down twenty one to nothing and then he put up a bunch of yards when the Chargers were kind of playing soft.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was that good against Saints, did you know?
Speaker 3: But so like laying needing bough knicks. But yeah, I mean Marcus Marioto looked like Tom Brady last week. At is this Panthers defense has. I mean, they were bad to start with, and they have so many injuries it's hard anyone can move the ball on them, like the Broncos should be the ball on them. And then you get us have Bryce Young is not shown me anything until proven otherwise that he's nothing but one of the worst starting quarterbacks we've ever seen. Broccos also gets certained back who just makes their defense, takes it to another level. He'll shadow Deontay Johnson. What are the Panthers going to do here? Yeah, this could be like, I don't know, twenty four to three or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple other games. This one's interesting, obviously, It's it's been hard to judge Miami. I was a believer coming into the season, assuming Tua played seventeen games, this was a team that was gonna take a step back. I didn't think they were gonna be a playoff team, like seven eight wins from where they've been. Obviously, you remove him with the with the Snoop Huntley and Tim Boyle, It's it's a joke, you get to a back, you know. Tyreek Hill says he wanted to cry when they told him. Obviously, it's a huge boost relative to what they've been playing with, right, I mean the gap between Tua, even though I'm not the biggest to a guy, and those cats is fucking wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I still don't think Miami's I still don't think Miami's very good. And it's not like Arizona's great either, but one advantage they have even this time of year. And this is why I think you're interested in Jacksonville too. It's still hot down there and everything. Well, it's ninety degrees where I'm at, So it's not like Arizona. Guys, aren't you ual? I understand it's a little different heat, humidity, but it's not. Is that humid right now in Florida. It's just more hot. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is superhumid, but I don't know. I have a hard time. I kind of like Arizona in this spot plus three and a half. And this coming from someone who doesn't really love Arizona. But the problem with Arizona is, like last week against Chargers, like they have some games where they really show some fight they did against the Niners, they did against the Chargers. You're like in some of their I mean, James Connor's a good player, tradement, Bride's a good player. Obviously, Kyler is a mother to play against. But then they have games where they just kind of lay down so that they're a little you know, two face that way, which which it's tough to gamble on. But it's it's more like, I just don't. I don't buy Miami.
Speaker 3: I loved the often tire I played them in three. I still play them in three and a half. I think that they're just super undervalued now getting to it back now there is some uncertainty with he was out for an extended time coming back from concussion, so maybe there's a slight dip in production. But how is this I don't I just don't know how this Arizona defense, who lost another guy. They've had so many injuries. Guard Deck is now out for the year. He's their best good rusher. Yeah he's out. They don't get any pressure bottom three pressure right now. You lose Guard Deck. That's the way that you have to get You have to stop this Miami offensive too. At the helm is you have to get pressure. Arizona's incapable of getting pressure. Their secondary is terrible. I don't know how they get any stops. And what does this Miami team do with Tua. We've seen it for years. They beat this shit out of bad defenses. They turtle up when they play a good defense and get pressure. But so Miami does at home against a bad team and a bad defense. I mean two is seventeen and ten against the spread verse teams under five hundred and sixty three percent covered by about five points per game, as a favorite against teams under five hundred seventy percent against the sparat fifteen and seven. This is just what they do. The Cardinals defense is awful, the only defense in the league allowing in success rate over fifty percent. I just don't have to get it stops. It's not a great spot. You're going across the country in a short week and if you look like, yeah, they have three wins. They caught the Rams in a great spot after that Lion's overtime game and the ret and said so many injuries had just decimated roster. They're other ones. San Francisco lost its kickers. The only reason they win that game, and there was a fumble and fluky last week they should have lost to the Chargers. There's three huge fumbles in that game. Kyler gets picked returned in Arizona territory, the defender gets stripped, Arizona recovers it. Chargers then get the ball in their next session, go right down the field, about to score touchdown, fumble it for a touchback in the end zone, Arizona's only touchdown drive. They fumble it, somehow recover it. Three game changing fund they recovered them all. They let Herbert throw for three to fifty. Who was he throwing to? Will Disley and Fojoco?
Speaker 1: I mean, like the Mconukee.
Speaker 3: Everyone all over seas were urt so like and the Heath threw for three to fifty. So there's no reason why this Miami offense can't cook here. And the one thing Miami's defense is doing well and their metrics aok good like their top ten success rate, and they played some bad quarterbacks like, but they're able to get pressure up the middle. That's really how you disrupt Kyler. I think it's a good, get right game for Miami. This game was if this game was earlier this season. Two it never gets hurt. Miami won a few more games, Miami would be like a six to seven point favorite here. So I like the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're talking me out a lot of these things. Okay, the slate you know on papers is not great, and even the hype games Niners against Dallas. I meet these two teams, you know, for two playoff teams, probably there are probably a pretty rough couple of weeks. Obviously Dallas, you got Jerry talking a bunch of shit. Forty nine Ers have a million injuries. I mean, Deebo goes to hospital, I uk has just knee snapped. I listen, I will never ever place put money on the forty nine Ers against Chiefs. Ever again, I've done it twice now in the last I don't know, eight months, and I might as well have just lit the money on fire. Uh, this is a spot like we'll have to see who's healthy. I mean, now Kittle's on the injury port. Nick Boast is on the injuryport for elbow. I still think all these guys are gonna play. But you know, the Deebo situation, I would imagine, you know, being sick, He's not like he's gonna practice much this week. So even if he's ready to play, how al rusty is he? Juwan jennings hip is an issue. Now. The Cowboys defense, it, you know, is if safe to say it's probably unlikely that that Mike is gonna play in this game. Yeah, I think it's what it's what it feels like. So their defense is atrocious. But I don't know. I mean, this is a game, this is a stay away from me. I mean, the Niners should win obviously. Whoever loses this game is gonna feel really really bad. If the Niners were to lose this game, like you convinced me like this is just this season's just a disaster and they're gonna end up like eight to nine and just I don't even know, it'd be speechless at the end of it. But you win this game, take a deep breath, and maybe you can get the train back on the tracks. Now they got Tampa coming up. Who's just lost? I mean, I mean, how do you even function if you're Tampa Bay moving forward? That sucks. But this is to me, like most people didn't believe in Dallas anyway, this is a must at home against this Dallas Cowboy team. Must win for the forty nine ers. Yeah.
Speaker 3: II the fort niners last week too. I mean I played again. I played at minus one to close three. They lose all their receivers. I mean, like, what do you it's like a three or four point drop off with that you're throwing to nobody's Now those you know, Coling and what's his name? Their draft pick Pierce zero career catches coming into that game. So we'll never know how that game would have played out if the forty nine ers were healthy. So you know, I I this is tough to who's gonna play like if Jennings is out? I don't think Debo is gonna play like fluid in his lungs.
Speaker 1: Ayuk, I'm not, I'm not. I wouldn't feel great about Jennings playing. I mean he was out obviously Sunday, and then he missed practice Wednesdays. Clearly, this isn't like just some nick and bruise like a hipie. That makes me pretty nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't even know he's gonna be out last week either.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, gosh, I bet the forty nine ers. I faded Mahomes the dog. I think I'm gonna get Jennings, Ayuk and Debo in there, and none of them are out there after one quarter. So yeah, I mean I can't play the forty nine ers just because of all those guys are out and kittles banged up and there's still no McCaffrey. I can't lay points with them. The way I would look here is potentially the under the Cowboys could get some other pieces back on defense. They're coming off a buye. They're they're calling out by their you know, local media for two weeks after getting I mean, their defense was embarrassed.
Speaker 1: It was like a high school you mean there, you mean, their owner on with their local media calling them out as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I would think that their defense plays a bit inspired here. And if the forty hours of all these injuries, like it's it's not gonna be exposed all this four hours is gonna play slow, probably play conservative. And then the other side of the ball, the way to attack this forty nine Ers defense, The best way to attack them, you know, because of some of the injuries on the defense line, is to run the ball against them. Cowboys can't run the ball. So I think this projects is a lower scoring game. Forty nine ers being conservative, playing slow, relying on their run game, and you can run on on Dallas regardless of who's back there, so they can. They're gonna probably have some you know, long methodical drives, and I'm curious to see that. What made it even worse having a bet on the forty nine ers is if if obviously, if I knew that deep, if if the market knew that Debo ayukn and uh Chiefs, I mean, the chief probably would have would have definitely been favored. But in that circumstance, Kyle would have at least had time to game plan right, like you probably have had so many plays and build around Debo ayuk, and like you have these guys who have never played, so at least he has time now to prepare for some of these losses. But it's still not great, So I couldn't lay it with the forty nine ers. This spread probably would have been around seven, you know, six to seven if the forty nine ers were healthy. You know, you've seen it come down, which you know, two to three points, which I think is fair for all their injuries. So I think the line is close to right, but I would look the under I think this is profile is a lower scoring game.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's fire over to college. Let's just start. I mean, Friday night, we have a massive game in Vegas. You know, Boise playing unlv U and lv's good. I mean that they're a close loss away from being right there with Boise. Of like, this is a playoff eliminator almost between these two teams. You know, Boise minus three and a half they're running back is freaking incredible. They win this game, it's like that they are going to have a very very good chance to be one of those playoff teams. H what's your take here. I mean, I'm tempted to take un l V plus the points. I've watched him a bunch of year. I think un lv is pretty good and Boise's X factor is just I mean, they have a top two or three player in the country. I mean, that's how that's how good this guy's been. So it's it's hard sometimes in college more than the NFL. It's like sometimes you's got to ride that guy, you know, until he proves you, proves you wrong. When he's just got you know, one of those magical and we've seen it a lot of times in our lifetime and that's so that's my hesitation here. It's like all of a sudden, gent goes for two hundred. But the one thing is UNLV's defense has been really good this season. Obviously Berry Odam's a defensive guy. This is a great college football game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I like Boise earlier in the week. Now that the spread is over three, I could only take the UNLV. I mean I think that the spread, the right spread is probably three. Like this is one of those games where if it's under three, you look at Boise, if it's overfield goal, you might look at UNLV. I don't have a strong take on it. I will say this spot and well, by the way, if anyone cares the other two NFL side, I like where the Browns and Bengals this week. But the spot for Boise is pretty good in that they had to buy last week, so they had two weeks to prepare for their biggest game of the season the Mountain West for college twelve plus, So you can see some wrinkles. Whereas UNLV, you know you had they played Syracuse D's on the field for ninety plays, go to overtime in that game, then they go too altitude in Utah State, their d's on the field for ninety plays, starters playing almost all the way to the end. Then they go to Corvallis play Oregon State. That game comes down to the last play of the game, so their d might just be extremely faticuted, which is not ideal for Gente, who is on pace to run for over fifteen hundred yards after first contact, which would be an NCAA record by a large margin. So fifteen hund yards after first contact, that's crazy, insane, So like, are you going to see more mistackles and I mean and more explosive runs. The Boise defense isn't great on the back end. So you know, Ricky White, who's a potential future NFL receiver, one of the best the group of five level Michigan State transfer. He could have a big day. But the Boise State defense, the one thing that they do well is get after the quarterback. They lead the nation in sacks. Hodgemily Williams has been much worse under pressure, and the difference in this game might just be that Boise is able to create a few more negative plays with their pressure and Boise you know and force you and I'll be into like known third, known passing situations on third and long, and make their third downs much supperware as you have Gent and Boys is going to be in much more manageable third downs. But it should just be a fun game. There should be a ton of scoring back and forth. It's a good live betting game, like a team that goes up first look at the other team. I think both offenses could have success, but cut them out. I think Boise wins because Gent's that good. It's a good spot for Boise, and I think Boise gets enough pressure and creates enough havoc in negative plays to put you and V behind the sticks on enough plays on enough drives where they're eventually kno gonna end him points, whereas Boise with Gent won't have as much issues with that.
Speaker 1: I read this profile piece on Gent in the Athletic a couple of days ago, and Boise fired their coach kind of toward the middle end of the season last year, right like it wasn't at the end of the season, so he entered the transfer portal for a split second, and then they ended up just keeping. I think Daniel Danielson is that the head coach's name as the guy and they were close, but he was being offered. I mean, it's it's not hard to figure out, like what teams have seven figures to offer running backs, but he was. They were throwing offers left and right, and Boise because of his relationship with this guy, and maybe that's a big reason that helped him keep the job. You know, they kept him and they could really only pay him guarantee him three hundred grand. It made me reading this articles like this is he's like a comes from an army background, his dad was in the military. Really really impressive guy. I mean, because he easily could have gone I'm sure that Texas, Ole, miss you name it right, Tennessee. Like it's they're only a handful of teams that could just offer running backs from Boise State's seven figures. So I'm I'm reading that article, I like him even more.
Speaker 3: But the big the boys boys, that's the book. Boise last year started off two and three, well three and five of four and six maybe, And this is a team that's hat a winning record for like, I don't know, twenty five straight years, and then they fired their coach. They I think it was after they lost this horrible game to Colorado State that they never should have lost a crazy game on like a hail Mary. They were up thirty to ten with four minutes to go and lost, and they they were able to rally and they won. They won three straight to n the year and then beat UNLV in the Mountain West champions. They put up forty four. They want to know they won the game forty four to twenty. JENTI ren for one to fifty three.
Speaker 1: So and they're only lost this year. Is the a tight game to.
Speaker 3: Oregon argue we should have won. Oregon had two kick return touchdowns in that game, So yeah, I did. But the play the reason they rallied, and it was I thought boiss on after that Colorado State loss, I thought they were on like quit Watch. But I know some people close to the Boisse program. The players loved Danielson. They rallied for him, and yeah, they that was obviously a huge driver and keeping Jenks. I was shocked, shocked that they were able to keep him. I thought he's been the best back in the country for years and I was like, boys, he's not gonna be able to compete financially with somebod these other programs.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean he loved the coach like they were. They become tight and they were like in the article said they were going to church together. Do you know their offensive coordinator is a Boise.
Speaker 3: Derk cutter, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How about obviously he for people that don't know legend well before, like Dan Hawkins and Chris Peterson, he was one of the original guys that got the program humming from like D one double A too, because they were originally like a junior college way back in the day, I think, and then they bumped up and once they got to Division one, that's kind of put that guy on the map. And then you know he's shit. I mean he was an NFL head coach for a minute, was he? Yes, the Bucks? Jamis the Bucks? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he they hired him as like an offensive analyst in twenty twenty two and then he said he was retiring.
Speaker 1: They's sixty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was the I think he was the interim heead coach too in twenty twenty two for a bit, and then he they got him to come out of retirement for this year to be the offensive coordat on quarterbacks coach. A legend in the Boise area for his time there and now building this program up. I think he was their late nineties, So yeah, I mean credit to genty. The only thing I just hope, like obviously he still got paid, but he didn't get as much as he could. I just hope he doesn't get hurt. Yeah, and because he's going to be dynamic in the NFL, because he also can do a ton out of the backfield catching the ball as well.
Speaker 1: The upset special this week that a lot of people are circling, you can get Navy right now at MetLife Stadium against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at uh on DraftKings this morning. It was plus four to ten, which means it's a little bit over four to one. And this is a team that obviously the Army and Navy, isn't fair to say are two of the bigger stories. No, unlike top five teams in the country this year both undefeated and I just I haven't watched either of these teams play beside hearing a bunch of people that you know, diehard college football people talk about it. But their schedule has been pretty shitty, but they score a lot of points, and that plus four to ten feels a little tasty for a team that I think. I mean, it's been one of the more overrated teams in recent memory. And like we had talked about before, we jumped on that, this is a team now with Margus Freeman who has just lost some pretty big upsets, and it's fair to say this team is better than some of those teams that he's lost to. In Marshall, remember was it two years ago? He should have lost a cow. I think they had a field goal blocked or something at Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: I forget the exact sperience, but Marshall, Yeah, Northern Illinois earlier this year. Yeah, no, Army Navy too.
Speaker 1: The difference I would say in those games, I don't think anyone's picking an IU or Marshall. You know, it feels like a lot of people are on Navy. Like the games he has lost, everyone thought he was gonna kick ass. This does feel like a lot of people are like kind of thinking that's the spot, which does make me a little nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean it probably probably means it. I mean, Navy has their attention. They're ranked right, Yeah, undefeated's I don't mind sprinkling on the money line on Navy and Armies. The Army is gonna play Notre Dame in November as well. They could be undefeated. I mean they play air Force, was horrendous at North Texas. Be tough because North Texas is a really good offense. But they win those two games. Cause they're in a bye this week, they'll be undefeated playing Notre Dame in November. Army really good quarterback in Bryson Dally who's there. They run more of your traditional triple option, but Bryson Daley has been really efficient throwing the ball and like play action deep shots, but name he has. They hired a new offense coordinator, Drew Chronic from Mercer, and he is a kind of as his dad was originally a student of the Delaware wing Tea, which was University Delaware n forever was actually originated in the state of Maine way back in the day. And he it's it was a model. He ran a modified wing tea Delaware wing Tea at Mercer, a lot of motion misdirection and uh just kind of like a modern version of the Delaware wing Tea. Navy hired him as their offense coordinator. He's kind of merged at it's like a spread triple option modified modern Delaware wing tea.
Speaker 1: A quarterback throw.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The quarter their quarterbacks playing really well. They're they're just scheming guys wide open all over the place and defenses just have no idea where to look. And you know, so you'll still see there that you're normal triple option at times, but it's a much more entertaining offense with a lot more play action, motion misdirection, a lot more throwing.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be a lot of people watching this game. It's ABC nine am West Coast kickoff, like it's it's probably the biggest morning game by a mile. I mean, there's gonna be a lot of there's gonna be a lot of eyeballs on this bad boy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean the Navy's quarterback, Blake quarterback I think leads the country in QBR. He's forty six of seventy two, including sixty four percent best for nine hundred yards, ten touchdowns, one interception.
Speaker 1: The Navy record, it's like a shadoor game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Navy record though for touchdowns in a season is I think Malcolm Pari have like thirteen. So that's gonna be quarterback's gonna beat that now. I don't mind the money. That's because it's hard to gauge, which makes this game difficult for me to handicap is it's hard to gauge, like navies usually always intriguing as a double digit under do all the service academies are because they shortened the game down. They play slow. It's limited possessions. But this isn't, you know, your typical triple option offense, because they're gonna throw a bit more so it's not as slow. They do it more potential. But they really haven't played anybody, so it's hard to get. And they've been really lucky with turnovers in I mean last week against Charlotte they put up fifty one. They had thirty eight points before and they only ran three plays in their own territory. Like Charlotte turned it over in the first five possessions of the game. So like they've been really lucky. And they played nope, I mean they played Charlotte. Air Force is way down, UAB is a joke, Temple is bad, and Buck Noll. The one game they did play of a serious team is Memphis, and they won that game at home fifty six to forty four, but Memphis put up seven hundred yards, so the Navy defense is definitely vulnerable. They lost in Notre Dame forty two to three over in Ireland.
Speaker 1: How many yards were I mean in that game had to be like fifteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Navy I think had six hundred. Yeah, Memphis had six sixty, maybe had five seventy. Jesus wild game. So yeah, Navy on fifty six forty four under point scored. So it's hard to gauge just how how bad is their d and their offense, Like Memphis d is not great. Notre Dames defense is really good and they've played a top twenty schedule, like they've played good offenses, and their defense is legit. They have NFL guys, they have a really good defensive coordinator. So there's a chance that just Notre Dame with their talent, because Navy's defense has been questionable and Notre Dame's offense is getting a little bit better Riley Leonard's getting a little better, more used to the system, that they're just going to be able to run wild and then navyes enough to stack the box. It's gonna set up some deep shots and not means the receivers aren't like great like you know, some of the elite teams in the country, but they're gonna have an advantage over Navy's corners. So there's a concern that there's a blowout risk here, but it's there's a lot of uncertainty. So I don't mind when you have a ton of uncertainty with a double digit dog, I don't I don't mind sprinkling on Navy, put on a you know, wrap yourself in an American flag. I'm assuming that this game has a met life. By the way, I'm assuming that they're gonna have a flyover before the game and have a little sprinkle on Navy money line. I don't mind. It should be a fun game.
Speaker 1: I think you're getting flyovers, you're getting parachuters in, you're you're getting you're getting at all and so yeah, you may.
Speaker 3: People that people have met like something that cheer about this year.
Speaker 1: Good point. Uh you had a bold prediction. I think before the season kicked off, the Panthers would go that's uh, well, yeah, we'll pretend that didn't happen. You said that, Techa and m if they beat Notre Dame will be a playoff team. And I think if you just pulled the casual like football fan, you say, who's in first place right now? In the SEC? I think, non, like SEC guy, right, just football guys living where I live, living where you live? Maybe I guess you kind of live Kentucky. I know you guys are in the SEC. Doesn't quite feel like SEC country. Is that fair to say.
Speaker 3: People you know people here would have the basketball standings?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I think everyone will say Georgia. Well, it turns out Georgia is not in first place. It's Texa, A and M and LSU because neither of them have lost a conference game and they play each other this week. And looking at your A and M thoughts, if they win this week, they still got Texas, But could they lose that game? If they did it in kind of impressive fashion, they probably are a playoff team. And in LSU, if they were to win this game, like, could they then lose to Alabama and still be a playoff team?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: So it's like this is a whoever wins this game has a direct freaking path to the playoffs. Honestly, if A and M wins this, I think, like, are we talking about a team that could win the SEC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah, I mean I bet that. I bet that was my I bet them and Clemson to make the College well before the season because I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean by the logic was I was like, maybe Clemson could beat Georgia. They got they lost by fifty and then I was like, I think tax Cynam is going to be an Entre Dame. Well none of those happened.
Speaker 1: But is Clemson in if they run the table and then lose to Miami in the championship game?
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, if they go eleven and one, I mean they're there. One loss would be to Georgia, Yeah, and then their next loss will be to Miami in the AC championship game. Yeah. I think if either LSU or TEXTA A and m go ten and two, they're in. So winning this game gives you a pass. Now, Texas A and M getting Texas in the last game of the season. Obviously that game's at home and Texas if Texas runs the TA from here on al and Texas has like Texas at ten and two is in Texas vandied in Florida than Arkansas and Kentucky. So they could be ten and one and like they'd be in so Texas A and M. Even if they drop a game, they might get like Texas being like, well, we'll say they could be where they playing for the SEC. But there is a chance like Texas is not incentivized as much as they might be in other years.
Speaker 1: Because winning the winning the conference championship gives you a buye, right, so it is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see like where they are, where they are if they can get to the SEC championship game, or where they stand. But it's just worth mentioning like you could have some of that with a new expanded cultural playoff. And I think you're gonna see more more upsets because that just like the sense of urgency for some of these teams. It's just it's little things that's like preparation during the week, right, like knowing in the back of your head that you can drop a game, whereas in the old college bolts, one game you lose, you're done, You're done. I think like you're gonna see more upsets like Vandy beating Alabama, but you're gonna see more of that in the new college football landscape. But yeah, I mean, I will say TEXANAM. But they win this game, I can tell you next week. I'll be telling you about a bet I'll have on South Carolina next week at home against Texas A and M. That's a tricky game, especially if they beat LSU and they're flying high. Probably get some value in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: These you guys know each other too, right, I mean Elko worked for Brian Kelly at Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's another interesting angle. It's a tough game for me to handy. Come in LSU. They've looked better. Their defense is playing better. They hire the highest paid defensive coordinator in the country and the off season, Blake Baker. He's gotten that unit. They're playing much better. They're young guys than the defensive line with weeks at linebackers playing like an All American. And their offense, I mean, nus Meyer is a really good player. It's a really good quarterback as great command of the offense. One of the great matchups to watch this game. TEXANAM is eight defensive line. LSU is a great ass protecting offensive line. With the number of NFL guys, number of NFL guys going up against each other, who can win that battle. But Nasmyer has been amazing and avoiding sacks and that's I think a key to this game. But LSU, like, yes, they've looked a lot better. They should have lost Ole Miss I'd a bet on that game got lucky. They should have lost that South Carolina or bailed out by the wrest Like this is a team that you know, and they lost to USC. I know it was Week one, but this is a team Easily you could argue that should have three losses in Texas, A and M. You know, they could have lost to Arkansas. They would only beat Bowling Green at home by six. So they've been kind of chuckling high.
Speaker 1: Have they had the season that USC has not had. They've been in these close games, it's gone their way. USC has been in all these close games where they've been winning late and they fucked up. You know, it's the margin for ara. I think USC on the whole is worse than LSU, but I think it's kind of similar to that, Like USC easily could be like you know, five and two or something like, they're not they're not getting their ass kick here in.
Speaker 3: These no I mean they've plonned fourteen point leads. In back to back weeks, including one to ben State, and then last week they get up field goal block that would have clinched the game. But yeah, tex A MS is hard for me to figure out. Like they've also had to two different quarterbacks, right Wegman was hurt. They went to Marcel Reed, it was more of a running quarterback. They went back to Wegman, who has a lot of talent, but he's he's webbing out and he saw him in the Notre Dame game unplayable. I mean, one of the worst quarterback performances of the season. I know that the Notre Daddas is good, but he was he looked like he was seeing ghosts out there. Then against Missouri, I mean, they go back to him and he looks flawless, looks like a first round draft pick. You went eighteen to twenty two for two eighty against Missouri. He was not an elital eite. That's been a good se defense. And then last week aas Missippi State looked a little sloppy. So which version of Connor Wegman do you get? I mean, last last week against Mississippi State, it's not an elite defense. He went fifteen to twenty five for two hundred through two picks. So I don't know which.
Speaker 1: Version do you think. I do think it's tough to play on the road in the SEC, even against these shitty teams. Like it's just you know, like the Missouri game right there playing in the college station. I was watching that and they killed them. You go on the road. I again, I'm not trying to I remember watching in that Week one game against Notre Dame like this is the worst player I've ever seen. My point is that I think sometimes with college kids, and I'm as guilty as anyone with this, like oh you're shitty. It's like it is difficult to play on the road in these environments for sure.
Speaker 3: And I guess those it was a tough spot too. They were coming off a Missouri and they knew that LSU on deck. Uh you know. But I think a lot of this comes down to I mean, yeah, it's gonna be at night at Caygfield is as tough of a place as you're gonna play in LSU. It's like they got that Old Miss then they had well they had the what did they give? Yeah, they had the Old Miss game. Then they went to Arkansas and now you're going to Texas A and M, Like what do they have left from the tank A and M? At least you know it hasn't played as big of wars like Battles of late. The key to the game though, is like Ken because LSU's offense doesn't have a ton of explosiveness. They have Karen Lacys, a pretty good receiver, but they're not They're just it's like Nussmeyer efficiently moving the ball down the field through the air. They have this freshman who's given him a bit of a punch in the running game. But Elko's defenses, you're gonna play a lot of a lot of two high shelves, don't give up a ton of explosive plays, and they are aggressive upfront, and they have a really good defense line. The key to the game is can they get to nuss Meyer's been elite at avoiding sacks. Because if you can put LSU behind the sticks, make them drive the field and they're on third and longs, then you're gonna have a successful day. But if not, Smyer is avoiding those negative plays, and some of those negative players could be fall starts too. This offensive line, I think it's six or seven of them at Arkansas and this will be a much tougher environment. So yeah, I think it. If I had to take it at two and a half, it was a three and a half earlier this week, I probably would take LSU at two and a half. It's one of those games I think should be three. So I'll be watching rooting for Texas A and M, but no strong fuel. I just don't know what which two keys the game, which version of Wegmaniga and how much pressure and havoc can the Texas A and M defense create.
Speaker 1: I think we got to enjoy some of these big games on Saturday, because Sunday could be uh, there could be some moments where it's like this, this is a rough watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the games Bengals, Eagles could be good, Packers Jack maybe could be entertaining Bill Seahawks. I'm looking forward to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a good one. I mean even Monday nights Giants, Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cowboys Niners. Now with all the injuries, doesn't have as much intrigue. But yeah, it's uh, it's it's not pretty.
Speaker 1: Okay, sucky, let's uh, let's keep rolling. We hammered a bunch of dogs last week in the in college and did pretty well beside Nebraska, So screw you, Matt Rule.
Speaker 3: I did playing last week against Indiana, so hopefully Signetty doesn't burn me again. But I think there's there's like a big drop off between Rourke, who is playing as well as any quarterback in the country, to this this backup.
Speaker 1: So, so dude on the Warriors brother right, Ty Davis. Uh, what's the guy's last name? Ty Davis?
Speaker 3: And Jackson or.
Speaker 1: Jackson Davis is the dude on the Warriors the center. I think it's his brother.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So losing Rourke. But one thing is watching Indiana's like their defense isn't bad.
Speaker 3: No, their defense is pretty good. Yeah, Sathan Jackson is his older brothers Trace Jackson Davis. I never put that together. I mean they must must be not have different I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that either. I just saw an interview or saw something on social media that he was talking about it so interesting.
Speaker 3: I never put you into because he doesn't go by Jackson Davis.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Indiana's defense is just I mean, Nebraska just was I don't know what that was.
Speaker 1: They would have lost to anyone the way they showed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I did play Washington. Washington's been good this year. They've been a bit unlucky, but coming off of a bye.
Speaker 1: Running back's good.
Speaker 3: Running backs really good. This is a really balanced offense. Will Rogers is good. They have good receivers. I think Washington is a bit better than Nebraska. And you're getting seven and Roork's not in there. I mean, Ork has been flawless this year and this Jackson did I know? They put up twenty eight in the second half last week with him? They had four short fields off Nebraska either turnovers or turnover on downs. Last Yeam was very mistake prone. It's just not the same caliber players. Work is right now, Who's like NFL ready? So I took the touchdown.
Speaker 1: There, good call. I think I'm gonna hammer that. We'll start. You have a good weekend and talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm going brothers.
Speaker 1: The volume