Speaker 1: Hey, hey, yes, ermy hey, I got right now.
Speaker 2: I got chills, chills on on the inside, you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But I got the ac off, but I'm cold on the inside and that that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe we I talked about this a little earlier, but well what he was trying to connect. Cam Ward gets into a scuffle with Jeffrey Simmons at Camp War through a touchdown past the Calvin Ridley towards the end of practice and went over to celebrate. The rookie quarterback stopped and gave Simmons a shove before doing this trade mark zombie Land celebration in front of him. Simmons reacted with a two hands shoved the War's face match. The offensive line came running towards defense. You like the cab War picking a fight with Jeffer Simmons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, because it's nothing serious. It's nothing serious. They've been going at the past two weeks now.
Speaker 2: There was an altercation between Jeffrey Simmons and cam Ward earlier in Camp I think when the defense must have been beating up on a real, real good and Camp got back at him. So them having fun going back and forth. I mean, it's cool, it's cool, it's all.
Speaker 1: It's all. It's all camaraderie, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think it's going to pay off, pay dividends when they have to play against somebody else.
Speaker 1: Obviously, CAM woters look phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Ask your question, Drinker or Patrick shivers you two hands shivering you to your face?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: You cool? You walking back to the huddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you did it that hard on.
Speaker 3: I just asked you a simple question. The man two hands shivers you to your face? Mats are you just turning around walking to the hoddle. It's a simple yes or no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. We're gonna have a little fun.
Speaker 5: You don't have a little thought.
Speaker 2: You have to understand that there's a report there and obviously when you see it you understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's lighthearted.
Speaker 2: That's the two boys going at it as far from a competing standpoint.
Speaker 1: Not I'm shoving your face trying to knock your head off. Is it different?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Look here, that's a D line with anything a D line would do, because think about it, Think about the move they used to get to try to beat the offense of lib But don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, hey, this is just not any d linean.
Speaker 5: This is the yeahed DT.
Speaker 2: Yes they they listen. They've been going at it all camp, So.
Speaker 3: All right, we got to have one another with coach prime punishment for any player that hits the quarterback. For players to violate the rule, consequences range from up down the stadium runs O yo. This old school web of coaching, considering the nil guy jumping in and out of transfer a portal. It's getting harder and harder to coach players because hey, you talk, you talk sideways to me, I'm up out of here.
Speaker 5: You think this will work with coach, will work with time?
Speaker 1: Hey, absolutely absolutely, because I don't listen.
Speaker 2: Even even if players can jumping in ale, even if players can jump in the portal, people want to go play for Deon Sanders.
Speaker 1: This is Deon Sanders. This is Deon Sanders.
Speaker 2: So you understand what that comes when you understand the discipline that he expects out of you to be at your best.
Speaker 1: So if it comes down to having a run goddamn stadiums there, then if you hit the quarterback, then so be it.
Speaker 2: Because if you get into a game, if you do it in practice, then you're gonna do it in the game. So if it takes running the stadium stairs and doing whatever else you need to do to get that out of your system, like Shamar.
Speaker 1: Stewart with Joe Burrow last week, it is, so be it, because it's not going to tolerate it the next level. So don't tolerateed here.
Speaker 5: I agree. Oh y'all.
Speaker 3: Are we living in the golden age of the National Football League? Percentage of games decided by seven points of fewer. The historic average is around forty five, about forty six percent.
Speaker 2: Look at where it is now, thirty nine. Now, now, when we talk about these averages.
Speaker 3: From nineteen seventy to seventy four, it was thirty nine point two to three percent. Twenty to twenty four, it's almost forty nine percent. That's almost a ten percent tickup.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's that's a good thing, ain't it.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm said. It's the golden age. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no, blowout. The games are coming down to the end. It's you know, it's a one score game, that's all. That's what we're looking for. We looking for a one score game. That what we saw in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, you know it's funny.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think we don't have any any more teams around right now that are able to dominate offensively week in and week out where they're going to be blowouts, even though even though the NFL in general is favored for the offense. Yeah, that's it was done on purpose to make the games a little bit more fun, to allow the points.
Speaker 5: To be a lot of people like points. Hey, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Different than home runs in baseball.
Speaker 5: I ain't going to look here.
Speaker 3: Then they change say, oh, cho in baseball, people the purists say, man, I want to see a one nothing ball game. I want to see a twelve or eleven. That's what I want to see with home runs, you know, NBA people want to see one thirty three to one thirty. Ain't nobody trying to say, I remember the game used to be seventy seven, seventy two, right fourth quarters. Now you got guys going seventy points by themselves, when the team in four quarters couldn't get to seventy so point. They've made it more conducive, right because now you look at you look at baseball home runs this going this way, bat and average going that way. Frank out's going this way. But they want to see the ball go over the fence. Yeah. Basketball, they want to see the ball going the hoop. That's why they keep jacking up threes and football they won't scoring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that little that's why they handicap the defense too.
Speaker 3: Protect the quarterback, protect the receiver, yeah, and tie something to throw the football. Because if I'm paying the guy sixty million, I'm paying I'm paying the wide receiver forty me. Think about it, highs paid running back is basically making twenty million dollars less than the highest paid wide receiver. So what does that tell you they're trying to do? O Joe, throw the damn ball.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Your quarterback making sixty fifty five to sixty. I'm not paying Joe Burrow, no fifty five million dollars. Turn it right to hand me, turn around the hand the ball off thirty five times a game on Joe, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, and you understand why he's in the gun ninety eight percent of the time.
Speaker 3: Yes, So that's what the league wants to see. But I'm glad unless somebody you know you turned the ball over. Now you turned the ball over.
Speaker 5: O Joe.
Speaker 3: The game can get out of hand, like we saw with Kansas City in the Super Bowl. But normally if it's not, if it's a you know, teams are right there comparable, you're gonna get You're gonna get a good game.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get a good game.
Speaker 3: But I do think we're in the golden We're gonna get the the golden era of football.
Speaker 5: O Joe.
Speaker 3: DraftKings been the NFL team of the best nicknames of all time?
Speaker 5: Who should be added?
Speaker 3: Okay, you got the Honey Badger, Tyron Matthew, you got Ted Hendrix, who is the mad start? Sean Merriman lights out, you got Hacksaw, Jack Reynolds, you got the Tasmanian Devil. You got the Assassin, Jack Tatum, you got Prime, you got Ed two Tall Jones, you got the fridge, William Perry, you got the kitchen.
Speaker 5: Nate Newton, you got the Minister of the Fifth.
Speaker 3: Reggie White, Rest your soul, Dick Knight, Terrain Lane, Rest your soul. And then you got Andre bad Moon Rising. You got Big Feel, Highway sixty three, Jingie Upshaw, Bagg of Doughnuts, pork chop Uh, the Intellectual Assassin. I don't know nothing about him. Mega Tron, Mega Tron, got a cool lega Tron, Beast Mode Broadway, Joe the Face Cleaver, and the Avatar.
Speaker 1: Who Jimmy Graham is that? Jimmy Graham is the avatar?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, listen, all of these NFL nicknames are good.
Speaker 2: They're all good, but we all know who the best nickname is of all time.
Speaker 3: They ain't got you up there on Joe. That's defense. I guess we got to ask you. No, they got offense. They offense, So yeah, Andre Rising, listen, bad Moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had nicknames, but I really, I really embodied what it meant to have a nickname by actually changing my name and reinventing myself in the private of my career. If that's from a that was from a branding marketing aspect, so which makes it obviously the greatest nickname of all time, because I really bought in to the character in general, and that character in general has carried me years beyond the game of football. Hell, I ain't took a snap and goddamn thirty some years.
Speaker 1: But these are all I mean, I like, I like the intellectual Assassin? Who is that that played for the Chargers?
Speaker 5: Is that Ron Mixed?
Speaker 1: The intellectual assession?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. And you know they don't even have they don't, I mean, they don't have Walter Pay. They don't got sweetness on them, the intellectual assess But hey, listen, o Cho Senko.
Speaker 1: I mean it speaks for.
Speaker 2: Itself, the greatest nickname of all time because I actually I was a five and when it changed the name, huh understand I saw a vision Like when I do spoke a word, there's a vision. There's a very long term where if you're not if you're not in deep thought with me, you're not gonna understand it.
Speaker 3: Who's the intellectual Assassin? I ain't never heard of it? I mean Bambi?
Speaker 5: Who was Bambi? Lance Lworth?
Speaker 1: When is what.
Speaker 5: The Chargers?
Speaker 1: Okay okay, okay, Oh he did he ran? He ran like he ran, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was Jack Tatum was the assassin. Yeah, no, the intellectual Assassin the Chargers. He was the Chargers John Jack Tator rested so he's out of Ohio state. I thought it was Rod Mixed. I think he played I think, uh oh, I think he played like twelve years and had two holding penalties in twelve years. Yeah, thank you, That's exactly what I said, Jenna Justin Jefferson returns to practice the first time in twenty five days. He continues to recover from a left ham string strain he suffered last month.
Speaker 5: He has a history of hamstring injuries.
Speaker 3: He missed seven games in twenty twenty three because of a ham string string to the other leg. Probably the Vikings to take a slow approach to his recovery. Today, he participated in warm ups individual drills, but sat out seven on seven and eleven on eleven. Jefferson won't play in the Viakans final preseason game, but do expect to start Week one. He got some imbalances or something he needs to get that looked at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Especially when it comes to soft sitsue injuries like that on you What do you think that comes from?
Speaker 1: Because I don't think he has the injury history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. He don't look like he quad dominant. Sometimes if a muscle overpowers of it will pull, it will pull. So if you know you quad dominate sometimes or some so he might. I mean he might need to get his hips. He might be out of live or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he fatigued the muscle. You know we weak muscles pool, right, But I mean you're dealing with the lead athletes and so I know they have the best physio and the best everything around. He might, you know, maybe his mechanics are off for something, but he might need to take a look at that.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not gonna say nothing. I'm not gonna say nothing, obviously. You know my stance when it comes on to a soft tissue injuries. With know my stand on when it comes to getting hurt. But we know how valuable Justin Jefferson is to that team. And I'm glad he took twenty five days and they went slow with him. I think he's a player that training camp would be beneficial, but the getting back one hundred percent healthy, So yes, one, he's not one that needs training camp like that. But I don't want him having to go from zero to a hundred huh without having the wear and tear that training can ring, because what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: You get you get getting pulled and pushed that tug.
Speaker 3: That's why you said hate guys, man, don't tug me. Hey, if I beat you, just let me go.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I'm pulling on Joe and you tugged me. Yeah, now I'm gonna turn around and swing on you. That's that's that's a that's a tough division because we saw the Bears, and you and I both think the Bears are going to be better this year than they were last year.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you believe you.
Speaker 3: Say, uh uh uh. The Lions, I don't see them taking a step back.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Then the Packers. You like the Packers, Jordan love that receiving court, Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 5: So that is a very tough division. Get ill a Ford.
Speaker 3: Now they're already gonna be the first three games, they're gonna be without Jordan Edison because of some issues that he had off the field.
Speaker 5: So they're gonna be without him.
Speaker 3: And the last thing that you need to happen a guy coming back from a soft issue injury and he retweaks it because now he's probably gonna be down double the amount of times that he missed him begin with exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope he gets healthy.
Speaker 2: Oh he stays healthy, because I want to I want to see him on the field, bless you, thank you.
Speaker 5: The man.
Speaker 3: I'm covered. He covered my fafter he does knees. Shoot, excuse me.
Speaker 1: Like damn, it creeped up on me. I know what's coming. I ain't know what's coming.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what's coming? Huh oh he looks look pure real? What's that? Pure real? Why are you using that?
Speaker 1: I'm all the way. I'm gonna get you sick. I'm all the way in Miami.
Speaker 5: Well that thing you got right there that day, say you might have to eat bowler. I don't know. I ain't lied on you. Would they say? They said, up the don in Liberty.
Speaker 3: City, a monkey, say a monkey got a skate. Yeah, see the monkey had he bowler, say one of him Doude from Liberty City bit the monkey.
Speaker 5: The monkey bit him. He had boler right, and the monkey died.
Speaker 3: So when the monkey got e bowler, he beat the dude with Liberty City what he got.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, you're right, you're right. I ain't no telling, ain't no telling.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out how you sneezed and did cover your mind and say, excuse.
Speaker 1: Me, it's snug upon me.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what was coming like, that's what happened when you're really when you're really sick, you though, you know, I feel like I got a fever.
Speaker 3: I thought you didn't get sick. How you getting sick and you eat fast food. You ain't supposed to get sick.
Speaker 2: Remember, I know it's probably I'm probably going to be like this under one day. Matter of fact, you can hear my voice that sounded like Barry White. Tonight you're hear most of the time when I talk. I had I got a high, a high pitch, squeaky voice, but tonight I sound like, like really sexy, like for radio.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out you told me Chad. Y'all have heard this man say, eating a big mask, eating all that fast food, he don't get sick. I just tried to figure out what's really going on.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, technically, is I'm not sick. I'm like, I'm still I'm still here. Is this is a minor setback?
Speaker 3: Now are you sick? Did you not say you sick? You just told us when you signed on that.
Speaker 5: You were sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 5: So are you are you not sick? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: At like halfway because if I was sick, I wouldn't I wouldn't be on here.
Speaker 1: So I'm able to do. I'm able to work, so I'm not sick sick. So it's a difference.
Speaker 3: So if you work from home, if you work from home, it's sick and you can't work, right, something really going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: But some people, some people are when they get sick, sick, even if they are home, they can't do nothing, they can't function.
Speaker 1: See, I'm fighting through it. I'm fighting through it.
Speaker 2: My body is on the inside, you know, my immune system the in there like this, right, and then they're going to work. So on the outside I'm cold, but on the I mean on the inside I'm cold. But on the outside I got the ac off and I'm sweating. But on the inside I got chilled. I mean, it's weird. So this doesn't happen to me often that at all. So I'm gonna be all right though, Be all right.
Speaker 5: Though, man and Ojo. You know what I hate.
Speaker 3: I hate when guys always I'm I'm a firm believer. If you limp in the season on shoe, you know how you're coming out of it.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 3: I just hate I hate that for jail because man, you're talking about off to a historic start.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Oh my gosh, I think I think it's going to continue.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be all right, he's gonna continue.
Speaker 6: Mm.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: Like I said, that's that's an extremely tough division. You could ill afford to have him and Addison out. Plus you got J. J. J. McCartney who's in his second year, but this really is first year starting.
Speaker 5: You're asking an awful lot.
Speaker 3: You're asking an awful lot of a young quarterback to go out there and and and and to do what you need him to do. What I just wanted to say, I just I just hope A Jella can stay healthy for the entire season because they're gonna they're gonna need him. They got no chance, They got no chance. Remember kJ kJ Osborne is in uh in Washington, Washington. Now, Yeah, Addison is gonna miss the first three and then you know, he warmed up today. But like you said, he didn't do seven o seven, he didn't do eleven on eleven, and he's not gonna play in the final preseason game which is Friday Saturday. So boy, and it's just to turn a and then in ten days just go yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hoping. I'm hoping he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 5: You you two.
Speaker 3: Like I said, he's on he's on a historic place. Historic.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The numbers that he's put up far as yards, as far as catches, it's just we have we haven't seen anything like it.
Speaker 5: They haven't seen anything like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guy, get like I said, I mean, he's gonna have to go something, Go see some specialists and see what what he's doing wrong that causes to keep causing these soft tissue injuries because you know, another guy, you know what he needed to call Joey Galloway asked Joey Galloway.
Speaker 5: What he did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joey was hurt.
Speaker 3: See, Joey was the speed got joy running for two jeorde running too fast? So we got laid. Are we go we're gonna burn him out in practice or we're gonna say let him take a couple of players and then say that for the game, right right right? I think I think Isaac Bruce dealt with some hamstring injuries.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: So that's definitely a situation that he might need to go. Hey, hey, guys, you know, y'all dealt with some hamstring injuries? How did you how did you go about it?
Speaker 5: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How did you play such a long time? And and and get over those? The base started on ig with year had the best quarterback class?
Speaker 5: Twenty eighteen?
Speaker 3: You got Mayfield, Donald Allen, and Jackson versus Joe Burrow Herbert who twenty eighteen, twenty twenty, Oh Joe, what you got?
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a that's a good one. That is a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: You got three you got three m vps, right and uh and and in one draft class, and you got a guy that's been to the super Bowl and a guy that's been to the super Bowl twice. You got got two guys have been to three super Bowls. Yeah, and one guy's won in one super Bowl MVP. So what you're going with?
Speaker 1: Ot, Yoe? Oh that's hard, guy, that's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, i'mna have to go I'm gonna have to go with twenty twenty because I mean, there's one there's one super Bowl champion down there.
Speaker 1: There just one super Bowl champion down there. Listen.
Speaker 2: I know Lamar winning MVP, Josh Allen winning MVP but I think Josh Allen MVP is like here, damn. It is one of those one of those moments you know, so, but yeah, I got to go. I mean the ultimate goal at the end of the day, is it with a Super Bowl? Joe's been the one. He didn't win it because they cheated us on their fourth one call on Logan will heat y'all as that wasn't passing appearance.
Speaker 1: That wasn't passing appearance.
Speaker 6: Eli Apple, what the color on on on a Logan Wilson on Cooper Cup on that on the cup on No, no, no, no, Other than that, I'm gonna go to I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: To twenty twenty. Yeah, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: I think you almost have to because if you look at player for player, okay, uh better quarterback class, just better, just.
Speaker 5: To just it's harder than you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Sam Sam Donald messing it up for twenty eighteen right had the researchers. You look at Baker, what he's done in the last two years. Josh Allen, outside of his rookie year, has been sensational. Lamar Jackson came in even as a rookie off the bench, and he's been sensational since the day's got there.
Speaker 5: Uh oh man, damn yeah, I like it. I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: I gotta go with Jalen simply because he got what everybody is yearning for and the ultimate goal when you get the training camp I.
Speaker 3: Got, I gotta agree with you. I mean, if you go play, if you go player for player.
Speaker 2: Now you can you can get, you can get, you can get ridiculous with it and move the goal posts and try to say skill and arm.
Speaker 1: Talent and yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then now that changes things up when you when you start getting a little bit more detailed.
Speaker 1: And who the better class is.
Speaker 2: But again, people will move the goal posts based on their preface and what they like in said quarterback.
Speaker 3: Each class got a number one overall pick. Baker was number one, Joe Burrow was number one, Sam Donald was number three. Justin Herbert was what number six? Sam Donald was three? Justin Herbert was what six six? Jordan Love was like twenty twenty what twenty six? Josh Allen was seven. Lamar Jackson was thirty two. Jalen Hurts was in the second round. Oh' tool was in the twenty twenty Wow Tour was in the twenty twenty also old Joe he was oh, he was, Yeah, remember he went to pick he went before Herbert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Because eighty three he had lwere in the hall, Jim Kelly's in the hall. John's in the hall. So you got three Hall of Famers there. John went to five Super Bowls. L Way went to one Super Bowl. Kelly went to four Super bowl So that's ten Super Bowl appearances. Damn, I don't think these classes go catch that on?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 3: Who else in the Todd Blackledge didn't do too much Ken O'Brien with that draft too, right, because he went to the Jets. John went one to the Colts. Yeah, Tony Easton went to he went to New England.
Speaker 1: Tony Tony Easton. H that's a Tony Easton? What not alignment?
Speaker 5: Is he? No quarterback? Quarterback? Yeah? Okay a A.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, they already got more MVPs twenty eighteen already got more MVPs than eighty three because Lamar got two in and and and and Alan got one, so that's three. They only got two in eighty three, and we got one. Marino got one over here. Twenty eighteen versus twenty twenty, and they didn't even put two in there. Now, Oh Joe, which do are you taking? You're taking sweetness and AP, you're taking Gym Brown and E Ed. You're taking Barry Sanders and Marshall falk Or you're taking L T and Emmitt?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 1: Who is that? A D and sweetness?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going AD and sweetness?
Speaker 3: Man, Look at look at bad Look at Jim Bet, Jim Brian what MVPs A rookie?
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 2: But I saw and his prime. I know, I know. I'm going with all day in sweetness, no disrespect to Barry.
Speaker 1: Barry is a real deal. Ladania Thompson was the real deal.
Speaker 5: That's a good way. That's that's a good way. I like.
Speaker 2: I like a D as matter of fact, A D and sweetness is really basically the same back.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: They trying to figure out how you're gonna tackle Marshall and Barry on turf.
Speaker 1: You're not You're not listen. The first man is gonna miss every time.
Speaker 5: H That's that's that's that's that's hard.
Speaker 3: Because Jim Brown and Ed they are running backs now, they don't throw it to a headed to.
Speaker 2: The downhill thirty times. Yeah, I like sweetness and a man the boy was, Well, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a really good one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who who you're picking? Who you going with?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: All them touchdowns, I mean, Emmy got like one hundred and sixty something touchdown. LT got about one hundred and forty. They got about three hundred touchdown between the two of them. Right, I'm taking. I'm taking. I'm taking. I'm taking. I'm taking.
Speaker 2: Barry Barrier, am it Barrier or Marshall? Okay, okay, okay, okay, I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Can you can you imagine Barry with this spread in the spread off here with with one one back of just Barry they got and they got nickel defense on the field.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be fair the first do you?
Speaker 2: You do you realize we have yet to see it back like that till today.
Speaker 5: You'll never see another back like him.
Speaker 1: You never seen nothing like that.
Speaker 3: You can make a cage that shady McCoy might be the closest thing we've seen to him. Yeah, but that too, But the two foot stop is what separates back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, we're not gonna see it.
Speaker 5: Your throat.
Speaker 3: If you come to balance, you not tackling him at all. If he if he stopped and you stop, I would just say, let him go past. You gotta throw. You gotta take your shot. It's basically like a putt like they teach you on the punt return on Joe throat.
Speaker 5: Don't come to balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta shoot, got.
Speaker 5: To shoot your shot. Yeap.
Speaker 3: Brown's officially named Joe Flaccos started week won the forty Oho will be making his first Week one start since twenty twenty two, when he was with the Jets TVD On the rest of the depth chart, Canny Pickett has not played since July twenty sixth. Dylan Gabriel nursed the injury. He came in played Saturday. S Duor Sanders started the preseason game. He's got an oblique injury. He did not play Saturday, and Snoop Huntley was the guy that they fought they signed to get them through camp. Adam Shefter said this morning, I expect Cleveland Browns to carry four quarterbacks on the roster. Yeah, well, are you surprised they're gonna carry this many quarterbacks on?
Speaker 5: Joe? I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised. It's not something that team normally do.
Speaker 2: If they do not, Yeah, when you need a position, you know that they can play elsewhere, especially on special teams. Yeah, so it's going to that having four quarterback is going to take a job away from someone else.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Someone else is going to have to do double time on different positions because they're keeping the fourth quarterback. So I mean, listen, this is this is this is rare. But I understand the problem that they are having. But I listen, I said Joe Flack was gonna start. I don't know the order in which the backups are going to be, but I mean, at any point when Joe Flack was not playing, well, we know what he can do. He's gonna he's gonna get you on the five six game runner winning streak over the place looking crazy. Then all of a sudden, God damn, the bottom fall out. Yeah, the bottom gonna fall out. You know what's going on. So I'm excited. I'm excited for I'm excited for the Browns. I know, one thing. Week one, we're going down there to Cleveland, out there in the.
Speaker 5: Water, and we count victory.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put up fifty.
Speaker 5: You should. I tell you what what man? I don't know. If you see Miles Garrett, he been been in.
Speaker 1: The head Jojo, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. I mean listen, he Miles Garrett is gonna be Miles Garrett no matter who he's playing. We're gonna lock that up.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh Joe.
Speaker 3: Every team's number of quarterbacks since the start of the twenty twenty twenties of the twenty twenty season, look at this. Cleveland had eleven quarterbacks starts since twenty twenty. Saints nine, Washington nine, Coach eight, Broncos eight Giants, eight, Bears eight.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's so it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I saw two people were complaining on Twitter today, mad They complained about it myself and you for saying that Drew Brees is the reason why the Saints aren't doing well because they see they chose that.
Speaker 3: You didn't hear the conversation. You didn't hear what we were saying. You have a quarterback like a Breeze, like a Manning, like a like a like a Brady. Right, they're so good for so long and they don't get hurt. The last thing that you want to do is take them off by taking a quarterback early to.
Speaker 5: Beat the bridge.
Speaker 3: Coach Belichick was thinking, but he was starting to build a bridge too early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what we mean.
Speaker 3: So Breeze was so good for so long, they're like, well, he gonna play forever. And when it a lot of times, Joe, it's like when they go downhill to go down fast.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you saw a breeze. I mean you look at look at Breeze the year before and then the next thing he gets Nick and it's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But what we got we ain't got nothing on Joe because we hadn't taken a quarterback and so long since win Y. Same thing with Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning that had not missed the start. He gets Nick, he plays the rest of the season. He had surgery in the off season.
Speaker 1: Ain't the same sense.
Speaker 3: So that's what we meant that we're not blame I'm just saying we're not blaming him. But because quarterbacks and organizations don't want to kick that guy off.
Speaker 1: They're hesitant to take a quarterback early.
Speaker 5: Especially drafted high.
Speaker 3: Now you take a guy in the sixth or seventh round, fifth or sixth round that ain't no threat. You take one of the first and second round, that's a threat to it. Yeah, now you're looking over when coach Belichick took Jimmy g Oh. Yeah, what did mister Craft instruct Coach Belichick to do? Trade him?
Speaker 1: Get him there.
Speaker 5: That's what we're talking about, guys.
Speaker 3: NFL players will no longer be punished for using a boy and arrow celebration. Egos old outside lambbacker how you said? Jalen Jylex Hunt was fined five fifty six hundred dollars, well fifty seven hundred dollars for using the boy and alis celebration in the Super Bowl. But that's something the league will no longer penal live. According to referee Land Clark, it's a weapon, cupid, whoa back your bull?
Speaker 5: Woe? What'd you think? O Joe? You like it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, Let him have, Let him have some fun, Let him have some fun, by a by all means, by all means, you know, I'm all for it. As long as you don't do any gestures that have to do with do with these.
Speaker 1: None of this right, No six shooters.
Speaker 3: Six shooters and no throat slash. Remember the throats they used to let you do the throats like they won't let you do throat slash.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Outside of that, man, just let them boys have some fun.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh Joe, we got great news. Auburn will retire Cam Newton's number two. Cam became the first SEC player to record a two thousand yard passing season a one thousand yard Russian season. He had twenty eight hundred and fifty four yards fourteen hundred and seventy three yards Russian. He accounted for fifty one touchdowns thirty passing, twenty one Russian, one receiving, while helping Auburn go fourteen to oher and winning the national championship against Oregon. Cam swept the Major College Football Awards two thousand. He won the Maxwell Walter Camp, the Manning, the Davy O'Bryan AP Player of the Year, as well as the Heisman Trophy. Oh Joe, I just got a simple question to me. Why won't Carolina show that man to love that Auburn is shorty?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I'm not sure, he.
Speaker 3: Said, Remember we did. I think we did the top. It was it last year that he took his son and there were no pictures of him on the wall at the facility.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, he did. He did say that. He did say that. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's something we would have to probably ask him that internally.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how think.
Speaker 5: We have to.
Speaker 3: You can't ask camuse Cam don't know why we need to ask the organization.
Speaker 5: Jepper. Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Ain't no telling.
Speaker 2: I ain't no telling how things ended with Cam, even though we came back, This is no telling. You never know, especially for a quarterback of that magnitude that did the things that he did for the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to the Super Bowl, MVP, Rookie of the Year, Yeah, Pro Bowler, All Pro.
Speaker 5: But that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Cam, very deserving. I can make a case that's the greatest college season for a quarterback. I know Joe had. I know Joe numbers, right, Joe ain't throw putting those numbers with the receivers that Cam had. He't doing that. And I don't know I think he had one. I don't think he had an offensive lineman. I mean, did anybody play more than a year in the NFL on Cam's team on the offense, because I know he had a defensive lineman that went like I think top ten to the Lions. But if you look at his offensive weapons and what he was able to do.
Speaker 1: Well, Cam was a real deal back then.
Speaker 3: Man, Cam was crazy with it, I mean off the chain. Yeah, I don't know if we'll never see Lamar had an unbelievable season. I mean the year he won the Heisman, well, actually the year that he finished that. He the next year he was even better than the year that he won the Hides. But if you go back and look at it, yeah, because he threw for like thirty five hundred yards and had fifteen hundred yards rushing.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: But congratulations Cam, University of Auburn. No one else will be able to wear the number two.
Speaker 5: That's lie.
Speaker 3: Now if time found final segment of the Evening, it's time for Q and a alphabody said, Oh, Jo sounded like Keith Sweat.
Speaker 1: You making fun of you making fun of my voice?
Speaker 5: So you sounded like Keith Sweat.
Speaker 1: Nah, I sound like Barry White tonight.
Speaker 5: Keper know what Junior said?
Speaker 3: Oh, I have the Bengals going ten to six this season, but they lose to the Broncos in Week four.
Speaker 1: I agree, Kepper, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Aaron Oen says, I don't know who saw the charman or the Bengals defense.
Speaker 2: Bengals defense relax, relaxy'll y'all relaxes.
Speaker 1: Just the preseason, just the preseason.
Speaker 4: T J.
Speaker 3: Ryder said, Hey, trade Terry for trade. They don't need another receiver. They't fit played over another receiver. Man, you you they ain't had no one hundred million dollar receiving corps. They already got a seventy million dollar receiving corps. Hey, he trying, he's trying to play Madden. He acts like it's Madden.
Speaker 5: A Patrie Hall said.
Speaker 3: In wrestling, the word receipt means when your opponent hits you too hard, you owe them a receipt by hitting them harder. There anyone you played with or gets that you felt you owe a receipt? Yeah, Brian Cox, When do you with the Jets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian Russell when he was with the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 5: Oh he got me too though that when he was at Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Knocked me out cold. I'm talking about cold. I was on the field, like, are.
Speaker 5: You reaching for that rope? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, he got me good.
Speaker 5: That was my only That was my only.
Speaker 1: That was my one and only man, I'll.
Speaker 3: Never forget this, O Joe, and hold on. I'm trying to think what year was it. It was ninety nine and Greaseia threw a pick and I'm chasing and I see it. I like, man, let me let me go get I think Big de Green picked it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I took like two steps parallel to the ground. I'm in the air and I'm cursing because I know that was your dirty ass. Ain't nobody any time of man, How you know it's me? I said, because.
Speaker 5: He's like, man, He's like, see how you doing with me? Because I know it was you.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's funny.
Speaker 5: I know it was you. H O R S R S F M A R.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you say that, Joey Badass, Golden super underrated might be the most underrated. But just wait on, Humble Beasts, love JB, Keep grinding Gang. Thank you guys, oh TiO, thank you for geting your internet working. We really appreciate you joining us tonight.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Appreciate that now I'm.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you in the chat because you make it all worthwhile. Because without you, this doesn't even happen. It doesn't even mean anything, So thank you guys again. I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Madden Ratings Adjuster, being a Ring of Fame man to read the Pro Bowler All Pro, He's Chad oh Jo Senko Johnson. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do it's a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank you again personally tonight for joining us like you have so many nights before.
Speaker 5: You make it all worthwhile. Thank you again.
Speaker 3: My Kanyak Laportier has a new drop and this one is very personal. I've created a limit edition release to honor my brother induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: It's just not a bottle, it's a tribute.
Speaker 3: It's a celebration of a legacy and once they're gone, they're gone.
Speaker 5: The Hall of Fame edition is officially live.
Speaker 3: Just head over to La Portier Kangnac dot com Yours Wild Supplies last. Don't miss a chance to own a piece of history and a very very special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shay shehpe Media and My Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out that link is penned in the chat, Joe Flacco officially named starter for the Browns. No surprise there, I'm up, Keith Ojo. We're off the next couple of days. We will see you on Thursday, Right Thursday. Pease break, you gotta break.