Speaker 1: First Date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Ryan is on the phone today for our first day follow up. He's getting ghosted by a woman named Shana. So we're about to call her and see if she tells us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. First, Ryan, how long has it been has you heard from Shana?
Speaker 3: It's been about three days now, three days. I know that doesn't feel like a long time, but after like our day, it feels like forever because she was responding so much before.
Speaker 4: You know, Okay, why don't you tell us about the day and how you met her and stuff.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 3: So we met during a pub pro It was fun. She wasn't out very long, but like I got her number before she left, and we thought that, like we talked about him, would like we'll have a proper date. There's this little pocket of the city that has a park, one of my favorite pizza places, and like an ice cream spot next door. So I was thinking, like that might be actually a really fun date. We get multiple venues, a little extra time depending on how well it goes, you know. Then I found out there was a band performing at the pizza place one of the nights, so I asked her out for that and she said yes, and like it was such a great vibe. We had pizza, we had drinks, We laughed so much, like you know when your stomach actually hurts from laughing. Yeah, and then we ended the night with like we both didn't want to really go home, so we went and we did get the ice cream and we had a really nice kiss at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Had like so much fun with her, and I feel like there's a little bit of mystery to her and I really want to get to know her more. She's like, guys, she's like so pretty. Like I just couldn't get enough.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you think happened? It sounds like it was so sweet.
Speaker 3: I made a joke, and sometimes jokes don't always come across when you're nervous. She had dropped something on the floor, and I was like, I noticed that my shoes were in time. Mother, won't you just tie my shoes while you're down there? And like I was just.
Speaker 2: Not gonna lie, Yeah, hey, tie my shoes and make me food like that? Oh no, just might be it. What did she do though? When we were like, tie my shoes.
Speaker 3: Actually tied my shoes, and I was like, no, actually did yeah she does?
Speaker 2: She laugh? Does you were serious?
Speaker 3: I was not serious whatsoever. And at the time I didn't really think it was a big deal because it kind of felt like playful, like she was like here done, you know. But then when I told my buddies about it, they couldn't stop like making fun of me. And I genuinely feel that because it's just one of those things, you know, like when we're nervous, we're out with somebody that we like, we sometimes say stupid stuff. And I'm not that guy who would be like, you know, like you were saying, like tie my shoes and make me a sandwich. That's not me.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: It is genuinely a bad joke, and that's all it was. But now it's been three days and it feels pretty glatant because she was always responding like right away. Like I would text her, I would think about like what to say, and I text her. I'd spend like twenty minutes and then morein like thirty seconds, she'd be back with my ten texts. And now it's just been nothing.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what Jubil always says. Though Jubil always says, it's all about the delivery. So if you thought you were being funny, but if it didn't deliver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you, guys. I'm with you, guys. I wish I could go back and change you know what. She kissed you afterwards, a really nice long kiss too, where I was like, Okay, she's feeling the connection too.
Speaker 2: Did it seem like she wanted to kiss you or where did you also go? And now give me a kiss?
Speaker 6: No, there's your reward now, I'm playing, sweet thing, and your jokes are funny.
Speaker 3: Consent is my move? Is I always say, can I kiss you?
Speaker 7: That's my move?
Speaker 3: And she smiled and she was like yeah, and she pulled me in okay, and like the last thing that I actually texted her was actually like that. I was thinking about her and then I couldn't wait for the next date to kiss her again and nothing.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about you because my shooters came on time. Sorry, I couldn't help it. All right, man, we'll figure it out for you. We'll play a song, come back and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you. Okay, I'm good. All right, place, I'll come back here your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of today's first day follow up if you're just joining us, Ryan is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Shana. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But real quick, Ryan, why don't you refresh everybody's memory on your date with Shana.
Speaker 3: We met during a pop crawl. We ended up going to on a separate night pizza, ice cream, there's a live band. Had a great kiss. I made a bad joke asking her to tie my shoes. She actually did it, And now I think I might have lost an amazing opportunity to get to know someone really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you liked her a lot, right, I did.
Speaker 3: She's so pretty. It's crazy and cool and fun and smart.
Speaker 2: Sound Yeah all right, man? You ready for us to call her?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, Ma, speak to Shana. Please, Hey Shana, how are you? My name is Jewbell, and I host the radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. Hi, Shana, the whole shows. Here. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria. How are you Okay? This is joke. No, it's not. Have you ever heard the show before?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yes you are. We're actually calling you because we do a segment called the First Aid follow Up. So if you go out on date with somebody and you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why. And you're currently ghosting somebody, they like you a lot and they don't know why they're getting ghosted. Okay, any idea who that would be?
Speaker 5: I'm thinking maybe Ryan?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Gosh?
Speaker 2: Okay telling us why you're ghosting him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know this might sound ironically that I'm being get picky about him, because basically I'm ghosting him because he kept picking on me about how I eat my ice cream.
Speaker 2: Picky about how you eat your ice cream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, I know it's weird that I like caramel on strawberry ice cream, but he started calling me a psychopath, and he just you know, he wasn't letting go of it, and I was like, I.
Speaker 5: Know, it's weird. But then he started commenting how I hold the cone, and then he started making jokes about like I don't know, just other things like being picked with me.
Speaker 2: Was he joking?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but like, I don't know, it was like I just, you know, like I take paramel and he says it's caramel, and it's just all started to be a little bit too much, and it just didn't feel like the kind of guy I want to spend so much time with.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he felt like he was ripping on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the whole night he's pouring my pigtails, you know, And I just I just want to have peace with somebody on the date.
Speaker 2: You know, you kissed him after though he told us that.
Speaker 1: I did, because he's really cute and he's really nice, and I know he's really trying. But you know, I just I don't know if I want to sign up exactly for another night of that.
Speaker 5: But being picked on the whole.
Speaker 3: Time, Ye does that makes sense?
Speaker 5: Like I just I know that. And I don't mean to be a ghoster because it's.
Speaker 1: No fun, you know, But I'm just like, oh god, I just don't want to be criticized. And I don't know, I moved around a lot as a kid, and I was really shy and a little insecure and I'm I'm trying to get over that, but it's just it just.
Speaker 5: Takes it just kind of ruins the night. A little bit.
Speaker 2: Constant picking can be a little triggering. I get that. Yeah, well, thank you for being honest with us, and now I have to be honest with you. Ryan is actually on the phone. Listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Hi Ryan, Hi, Okay. So, first, sorry, I didn't realize that I was doing that, But also I'm hugely relieved that it wasn't the shoe tying thing, because I was so afraid that you thought I was this one guy who's just like time of shoes, Get me a sandwich, go do.
Speaker 3: This where I was just nervous because I was just joking about that. By the way, the shoe thing, I'm like.
Speaker 5: I got the joke. I got the joke. I didn't love it, but I wouldn't ghost you over it.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, but I'm sorry. I am so used to hanging out with my buddies and all we do is roast each other, and I guess that's been affecting me so much that I didn't realize that I was doing it too much. I honestly think it's so cute the way that you were holding your cone and the way that you pronounce words. I am just you know, sorry, that's not the experience. I wanted you to have a bad one. But I will say this, with dating, sometimes you write people off so quickly and communication. You're such a great communicator, Like thank you for telling me through the radio about what I did wrong. Like I would be willing to work on that, you know, like I'll lock it up no roasting if you were to go out with me again, and if I do, and then make sure compile to just call it out. Yeah, yeah, okay, exactly.
Speaker 1: And I know, I know I have like weird little habits and it's caramel and I know I hold my cone funny and all that.
Speaker 3: It's what makes you you. I think it's lovely.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I was just nervous trying to make jokes and trying to make sure you have an extra good time and then doing so, I kind of messed up. And I'm sorry you thought that.
Speaker 5: No, no, I would think it.
Speaker 3: You know, I might have gone too far, But honestly, like you haven't even seen a real psychopath until you see me eat hot dogs.
Speaker 7: You can always you know, that's what everybody says. You know, everybody says. I just love some meat, all right.
Speaker 2: With Ryan again? And maybe eat a hot dog and watch how much he loves me. Eat another day.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just.
Speaker 1: Want you to be like I do, get jokes, and I know I'm a little sensitive, and I just I don't think I'll handle the constant clowning around very well, you know.
Speaker 3: But I mean, no more clowns, no more clowning. I'm gonna show up in my super high.
Speaker 1: But I still like you to be I don't want someone to not be themselves around me too, you know. But I mean, you're so nice and you're so lovely, and to go try to contact me to a radio station.
Speaker 5: I mean, nobody's ever done that for me before.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I know you put so much effort into finding all those really fun places and.
Speaker 2: On all that.
Speaker 5: So I mean, yeah, let's go on another date. Let's give it a shot.
Speaker 2: Sweet Yay, Congratulations Ryan, you got another date.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 3: You guys for making it possible, and thank you Shane and Hi. You won't regret it, and if you do, you can roast me right back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will make fun of you and the way you eat hot boggs.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, it's it's really weird. You gotta see it. I know you will have.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, it's really bad.
Speaker 5: Jogle's First Date follow up