Speaker 1: Welcome. It is verdict with Centater Ted Kruz, Ben Ferguson with you and Senator I gotta tell you, victory is sweet. It's even more fun watching the media meltdown continue after having to deal with the reality that not only did Donald Trump win, we got the Senate and it's clearly looking like we actually may make gains on the House side. And they can't handle it. It's a total meltdown.
Speaker 2: Look, the corporate media are losing their minds. You know, there's a German word shoden freud, which is taking pleasure or joy from the suffering of others. It's not a pretty sentiment, But I gotta say, watching these hardcore leftists just scream out in agony that the voters voted and voted in the way they didn't like it truly is And you know, you know what's striking their rage, their anger. Not a one of them has actually learned a lesson. Not a one of them has paused to say, huh huh, maybe being radical leftists and opening up the border and threatening people's homes and screwing up the economy and driving up the cost of everything and screwing up the country and bringing the world to war and undermining Israel and creating an environment where anti Semis take over college campuses and threaten our kids. Maybe that's a bad thing. Maybe having moms fear for the safety of their kids is a bad thing. None of these leftists are saying that. Instead, they're just screaming orange Man, bad raar, And it really is striking. Although we're going to wrap up by pointing out the one man in America on the Democrat side who is not sad and who was actually full of joy. And I'm not going to tell you his name, but it rhymes with bo Jiden.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've never seen a bigger grin on that man, and we'll change his name for a little bit. Ever, I think at any point, including even on days when he thought it was probably the best day of his life, it's going to be quite interesting to play some of these clips we'll have this.
Speaker 2: So let me just say, Joe Biden understands chaden freud as well.
Speaker 1: I said it on election night. The only place more happier right now than the war room we were in was the White House and sitting there just going you guys thought you'd be better without me? How you like me. Now, yeah, Joe Biden grinning from ear to ear and having a very interesting press coverference. We're going to dive into that in a moment. I can tell you this week I have been running on fumes. Actually I've been running on a great cup of coffee, Blackout Coffee. Election night. I think my monitor ring told me I got like two hours of sleep the day before that, three the day after about three. And thank goodness for a premium cup of Blackout Coffee, not just the morning, but in the afternoon and in the evenings. And if you have never tried Blackout Coffee, I want to save you money and I want you to try it and get the best cup of coffee of your life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The coffee space is filled with like woke liberal companies. And when I said that, you probably thought instantly of a couple of different name brands. Stop giving your mind to them and also drinking average coffee. Get a premium cup of coffee from Blackout Coffee. They are one hundred percent committed to conservative values, from the sourcing of the beans to the roasting process, customer support, shipping. They embody true American values. And this is the other thing they accept no compromise on taste or quality. So how do you try blackout Coffee? Once you try them, you're not going to switch back. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash vertict and use the coupon code verdict for twenty percent off your first order. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash vertict, be awake, not woke, Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, and you're going to get the best cup of coffee of your life. Promo code vertict twenty percent off. All right, So, Centater, where do you want to start? Because the media a meltdown has just been fun to watch. I've watched more MSNBC on purpose and see it in the last forty eight hours than I have in a very long time because, like you said a moment ago, they haven't learned from this loss. They're just crying and angry over this loss. But they didn't pay attention to American people at all.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's start with Morning Joe because Morning Joe is is it's a good place to start. It's it's where lefties start their morning. So let's start there.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about economy for a second. A few weeks ago. Three weeks ago, somebody who's going to be voting for Kamala Harris came up to me and said, oh my god, Trump's gonna win.
Speaker 1: I go, why is that?
Speaker 5: He goes, I just I went to the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Butter's over three dollars.
Speaker 5: I kind of laughed, and I said, I said, well, that's kind of reductive, isn't it, said it to myself. To him, I smiled, and I said, good point, But it actually what everything we're hearing after the election.
Speaker 6: Is seven what's on the seven dollars?
Speaker 1: What's on butter is seven dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is it framed in gold?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway from where you go?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, yeah, okay, Well anyway, My point is this, Willy, the rent is too damn high. And this guy was saying, the cost of butter is way down, too high, and so I thought it was a bit reductive.
Speaker 1: It ended up being.
Speaker 5: Just the point that if you look at the cost of groceries, if you look at the cost of grass, of gas, if you look at the cost of things compared to four years ago, it was a very simple answer for working class Americans. Things just cost too much. Yeah, yeah, no question about it. By the way, seven, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I love how the fact there. He He's like, oh wait, it's seven, it's seven dollars. This is the elitism of the left. They have no idea what's happening in real America. And Mika's like, a dude, it's not three dollars, not four dollars, not five dollars. I six is seven dollars for butter, and he couldn't believe it. I'm like, if you guys would have figured out before election day, maybe you wouldn't have suck so bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ben, let me call a little BS on you. What wait, do you have any idea how much butter costs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: You have no idea, dude. I do a lot of the grocery shopping, Okay, So I in Cosa Cruz. I am not the grocery shopper, like like, I just that's that I go. There are things that are on my plate, things that are on Heidie's plate. I am not the grocery shopper, although I will say tonight I went and bought some cheddar cheese because Caroline decided to make backed baked mac and cheese, and so she sent me out to buy Cheddar. So I bought Cheddar, but I if you asked me how much is butter? I would have no idea, And so I actually googled. I'm like, all right, three dollars seven dollars beats the hell out of me. So I googled how much is butter? And let me just tell you what Google said. So, unsalted butter curbside at Target is four dollars and twenty nine cents.
Speaker 2: Landa Lakes have stick Salted butter is four dollars and fifty nine cents. And then some weird ass thing called carry gold pure Irish butter. How much you think that is?
Speaker 1: I'm and see iris Prout's next level. It tastes a lot better. By the way, I'm gonna that stuff is legit. I'm gonna go eight nine bucks.
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's another level that I've never seen before.
Speaker 2: Like this like coated and gold maybe that like and by the way, dollar general butter is three dollars. Now, this may be in Houston, I don't know, Maybe in DC it is seven. At Kroger a land of Lake salted buttered two pac is nine ninety nine.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, you need to try you some if we're talking about butter. Here, if you've never tried carry gold butter on a bagel or toast, oh my gosh, it is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, I am not not a terribly fancy I'm not a cook, and I'm not a terribly fancy eater.
Speaker 1: But do you want to know the true reason why I do grocery shopping? Sure, it's it is maybe the first and only time I'll ever throw my wife under the bus on the show. It's because I know how much money I save when I go to the grocery store instead of her going, Because when she goes, it's like the organic and all that stuff starts speaking to her, and it's like, you know, chickens that were coddled for six months before they killed. The chicken is like, you know, eight ninety nine a pound, and I'm like, I'm going with a three point fifty three eighty four dollars pound chicken. So I just go for economic reasons because I save so much money when.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, look, I have to. When I do grocery shopping, I either buy junk or I buy fruit. I like fruit, so I'll go pick out fresh fruit and get you know, grapes or cherries or nectarines. And so I'll buy fruit, and then i'll buy junk. I'll buy things like, you know, lunchables like the you know, remember Heidi's vegetarians. So I'll get you know, those things like the cracker and cheese and little piece of ham or something.
Speaker 1: If you're bacheloring it up for everybody listening. And I think I know the answer to that. But if your batcher, if it's just you grocery store buying for you, what is that? Is it a lunchible or is it? I mean, because usually I remember can of soup. All right, So you've been to my apartment in DC. It is literally a bachelor kitchen. Like there's nothing in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: I may have like some three week old leftovers with mold growing on them. He's in three bottles of beer. And and that's pretty much like it's just an empty fridge and and and so here look at here at home, I'll have tortillas with melted cheese like that. That's my favorite late night stack is snack is take take take a slice of cheese, throat on a tortilla, nuke it for for a minute, roll it up and and and that that I like, and then chunky soup.
Speaker 1: But I'm but I am not uh are you at least an ATV tortilla guy, because that's mandatory in our house.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll eat any kind of tortio mission. Tortillas are good, like HB what like, I'm I am not a food snob. It's actually I like good food. I just like crappy food too. I'm like just kind of across the board.
Speaker 1: See, my boys love it when when the wife's out of town, because we just go to the grocery and I might give whatever you want, and we'll buy the frozen pizzas, and we'll buy the like like you said, like the lunchables, whatever it is. The toaster strots might get it all boys, Mom's gone rules are off.
Speaker 2: So today today for breakfast last lunch, I ordered on delivery breakfast tacos and I had a chariso egg and cheese taco for lunch.
Speaker 1: I love it. That's the American dream right there.
Speaker 2: Yah, it's good stuff. But anyway, the point it is kind of amusing the back and forth between Joe and Mika and they're suddenly realizing, well, inflation is really bad. Now let's go let now, let's go to the sort of bitter, bitter angry leftists. And of course by that I mean the view which there is. There are no bit more bitter or no no more angry leftists. Take a listen to the views, explain it and.
Speaker 1: Paying the picture. They came out in all black the day after the election, just so people know, if you don't want some view like it was a funeral, they were wearing all black on the view. That's it. That's rich, right.
Speaker 2: They are rich, and and they hate they hate average Americans. They look down on us. And here let listen, and I'm going to prove that that statement is not not too extreme because because you're going to see Sonny Hostin demonstrating just how much she despises average Americans.
Speaker 8: And finally, we talk a lot about these different demographics and these assumptions of where they're going to go. Latinos in Texas a district that's ninety seven percent Latino went seventy five percentage points for Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: Why misogyny and the no was on.
Speaker 8: The border crisis is on their doorsteps, and they were begging people to care about it for years.
Speaker 4: But we need to take some less that was.
Speaker 10: Not who was there?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's whooping masad and sexism.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, she's talking about South Texas, she's talking about Hispanics and apparently, and it wasn't just Hispanic men that we're voting for Donald Trump, it was Hispanic women too. So apparently Hispanic women are motivated by misogyny and sexism. They just don't like women. That's the only explanation. Not that having eleven and a half million people invade your state, invade your community, threaten your kids, not having one hundred and ten thousand people die of fentonyl and drug overdoses, none of that. No, no, no, it's just you hate women. If you didn't vote for Kamala Harris, you've got to just you got to say, you know what, I'm willing for my family to be sacrificed because I am a woke leftist. I mean, listen to the contempt that there's no part of Sonny that's trying to say, huh an overwhelmingly Hispanic district when overwhelmingly for Trump. And by the way, in Texas, Trump carried Hispanics and I carried Hispanics. I carried Hispanic State by six points, and no part of Sonny could say, well, why is that is? Is there maybe something about the current radical agenda of the left that is turning people off? Nope, Nope, Apparently everyone's just a racist and a bigot. That's the only explanation possible.
Speaker 1: And it didn't get any better, by the way, because if you move from Sonny hoston, you go over to Rachel Maddow. She took a different approach, and that was a tirade where she basically fearmongered what this country is turning into. It reminded me a lot of twenty sixteen, except there's more hatred for Tharump now than there even was in sixteen. But take a listen to MSNBC's like obituary for America.
Speaker 11: But now, history doesn't end, time doesn't stop. Now we have the benefit of knowing, you know, how that's gone in every other country that has been through a democracy to authoritarian transition, and sadly there are a lot of We have the benefit of seeing what's happened in those other countries, though, and what we know is that the more ground the authoritarian takes, the harder it is to ever get that ground back.
Speaker 4: And so the first order of business is to stop.
Speaker 11: Them from taking any uncontested ground right from the outset. When it comes to what our system of government is and what our democracy is from other countries' experiences, that quickly, I mean now, in the next few weeks, if not the next few days, they are going to start pushing to see how far the country is going to let them go.
Speaker 4: Without pushback, without protest. And part of this is.
Speaker 11: Because it's just psychologically advantageous for them to do this now.
Speaker 4: Right, They're counting on the.
Speaker 11: Half the country that voted against them, half the country that doesn't want to give up our system of government. They're counting on all those tens of millions of Americans to be despondent, to feel powerless, to check out, which of course would mean letting them do what they want, letting them run the table.
Speaker 4: What they really don't.
Speaker 11: Want is for the half the country that voted against them, half the country that.
Speaker 4: Wants to keep our democracy.
Speaker 11: What they really don't want is for those tens of millions of Americans to wake up tomorrow feeling scrappy.
Speaker 4: As hell.
Speaker 1: So there's your pep talk, Senator, it's there. We've got a tyrant and a dictator, and half of America must not be silent even though the majority of Americans and I can't wait to throw this in liberal's faces all the time. Donald Trump just won the popular vote too. So the majority of Americans said Donald Trump is who they want, not you, not Kamala Harris. And so you need to stop acting like the majority of the country was just disenfranchised. They were not. And the popular vote proves that.
Speaker 2: Ben explained something to me. I at times have trouble understanding what passes for think processes among radical leftists. Rachel Maddow just said, those Americans want to save our democracy need to rage against how the damn people voted. But like, okay, wait democracy, to quote Enigo Montoya, you keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. Like she's claiming to be a defender of democracy, and her answer is screw the voters for voting for something I don't like. And I, Rachel Mattow, I the left, we should impose our views on you whatever the damn voters say. It doesn't matter, we're going to impose it. Why, Because we believe in democracy so much we want to ignore what the voter's voted for.
Speaker 1: This goes back to what the Democrats did in twenty sixteen, and at least they're consistent when they don't get their way. Now, their job, they feel like their job is to, Okay, well, we just overthrow the well other people we have a carer against.
Speaker 2: Play the next play, the next Rachel mattowclip.
Speaker 11: Then the decisive result of this election gives us not just an answer to the question as to what Americans want to do along those lines, it also gives us a really big to do list as Americans. If you are an American citizen who does not want to ashcan the American system of government, who doesn't want a strong man authoritarian system where the whole government is one guy and everything else just exists to serve him. If that is not the kind of country that you want, then yesterday's election means you have more to do for your country than you have ever done before, because now is when the rubber really hits the road, right, We don't just flip a switch and the American system of government is gone.
Speaker 4: Democracy is gone. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 11: I mean not to be boring here for a second, but just getting very real. We now are just another one in the list of countries that has decided to you know, hey, what the heck, let's try the strong man thing. Let's let democracy go. Let's put in an all power or full guy instead.
Speaker 4: See how it goes.
Speaker 11: There are many more countries in the world and by that kind of a system than there are governed by ours. We are the only two hundred and forty eight year old, multi racial, pluralistic democracy in the world. And shall we keep it? A lot of our fellow Americans.
Speaker 4: Say we shouldn't.
Speaker 11: Now we know now, we know for sure, But a lot of Americans, tens of millions of Americans, say we should keep that system, which means time to fight for it. And yes, Americans did fight for it by working on this election, by trying to get the candidate elected who was both the Democrat and the small d Democrat. She didn't win the strong man candidate one instead. But now history doesn't end.
Speaker 4: Time doesn't stop. Now we have the.
Speaker 11: Benefit of knowing, you know, how that's gone in every other country that has been through a democracy. To authoritarian transition, and sadly.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of them.
Speaker 11: We have the benefit of seeing what's happened in those other countries, though, and what we know is that the more ground the authoritarian takes, the harder it is to ever get that ground back.
Speaker 4: And so the first order of business.
Speaker 11: Is to stop them from taking any uncontested ground.
Speaker 1: Right from the outset, I mean, what else can you say? These people are deranged at this point on the media.
Speaker 2: Yes, so, Rachel Maddow just said that Americans just voted to end are quote multi racial, pluralistic democracy now number one. The fact that they voted shows they didn't vote to end democracy. Now, technically speaking, we have a republic, not a democracy, but it is a democratic republic. It is a republic where the representatives are elected by the people. And in this case, the voters not only voted for Donald Trump, they voted for Republican senators. Not only to give Republicans a majority in the Senate, it looks like they voted for a majority in the House too. And you know what the leftists hate the fact that the people voted for a policy agenda that includes low taxes and low regulations and lots of jobs. That include spending restraint and inflation under control. That includes the federal government not waging war on American energy production and driving up costs and driving up inflation. That includes securing the damn border and not allowing eleven and a half million people to invade this country, not making billions of dollars for Mexican drug cartels, not allowing children to be traffic. It includes not losing three hundred thousand children, which is what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris has done. And by the way, when she's talking about you know, we just voted to end a multi racial, pluralistic democracy. Well just a minute ago, Sonny Houstin was saying, those damn Hispanics, how could they vote for this. Let's be clear, it doesn't what matter if you're a white man or Hispanic or African American. If you don't vote the way leftists want you to, they hate you. I'll tell you in Texas, in this last election, I want a majority of Hispanics. I won twenty percent of African American men in the state of Texas. Now that were fifty percent or higher, but twenty percent is a high water mark. And in Rachel Maddow's world. Those people who voted for me, who voted for Donald Trump, they don't count as African Americans. It is truly. And let me make another point. They're going on and on about an authoritarian. An authoritarian Donald Trump was president for four years. He didn't do anything that was authoritarian. He followed the law. By the way, the reason we're going to get good laws passed is we didn't just elect Trump. We elected a Republican Senate in a Republican House. So the democratic system worked and people said, we don't like your policies, we're going to switch back to the ones we like. And the administration that has been dictatorial has been Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. You want to talk about authoritarian, Having a president say I'm going to defy federal immigration laws and just let people go. That's authoritarian. It's lawless. Having an administration say I'm going to give away a trillion dollars and a student loan giveaway that is totally contrary to federal law to be struck down by the Supreme Court. That is authoritarian. Having an administration issue an edict you must get a COVID vaccine, or we will fire you. We will fire you from the military, will fire you from the federal government, will force your private employer to fire you. We don't care if you want to choose to get this vaccine or not. We will force it on you. By the way, that was struck down by the Supreme Court as well. You know what you call all that authoritarian and the leftist. They never acknowledge a moment of that. And let me be clear, let's go back to the view. So as you know, I've been on the view three times with my last several books. You know, the last book I wrote, Unwoke, the view said nope, we won't have you on because it went so badly for them, because they can only sit there and lie when they don't actually face facts to the contrary. And so they want to live in an utterly fact free environment where they can lie to the American people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do it well. They do it well every day. And proof of it is they've been acting since election day, which I think is the most surprising. But also for me, part of me just says, I'm kind of glad they don't get it. It's going to make it easier for us. To win elections and move forward, because it seems like they refused to admit when they lost, why they lost, and how they lost, and they didn't listen to the American people.
Speaker 2: All right, go back to the view play the next clip from Sonny again.
Speaker 9: And I'm profoundly disturbed that the fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution did not prevent someone who participated in an insurrection from becoming president of the United States.
Speaker 4: I think that going.
Speaker 9: Forward, the convicted felon box unemployment applications better be taken off, because if you can be the president of the United States, they need should not be prevented from employment in this country. Because I remember applying for my jobs as a federal prosecutor and there was a box for convicted felons. Well, and so that box better better be taken off. And I think our healthcare system is now at risk. I think no caloride for anyone. Yeah, economists have made clear that he's going to increase the debt by seven point seventy five trillion dollars. I'm worried about mass deportation and internment camps. And I'm also worried about Elon Musk warning Americans to prepare for temporary hardship.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's break several things down. First of all, saying, take the felon box off off of the job application. You know, the irony is, there's only one reason that Trump is a convicted felon, because her party, the radical left Democrats, abuse the justice system to go after and try to subvert democracy. By the way, one of the great things the Department of Justice is dismissing all those cases because now that he's won, the DOJ has a long standing rule that it won't prosecute and can't prosecute a sitting president, and it looks like all these cases are going to be thrown out. So understand, the only reason they can call him a convicted felon is because they were a bunch of authoritarian zealots who abused the justice system to try to stop the voters from doing what they just did on Tuesday. And then her comment, I'm worried about mass deportation and in tournament camps. Let's break that down one piece at a time. Mass deportation, well, you know what she should worry about that if you're a drug trafficker, if you're a human trafficker, if you're a felon, if you're a murderer, if you're a rapist, We're going to find you. We're going to arrest you, We're going to get you out of this country. You're going to be deported. And I'm sorry, Sonny, that you are lamenting it, but I also feel confident that you have armed security protecting you at all time, and you're not worried about Venezuelan and gangs taking over your apartment building because you don't actually live in an apartment building. The rest of America is going to feel a lot happier when we're deporting violent criminals that your party let in and then in tournament camps. And let's break it into a couple of pieces. Number one Benjamin History quiz which president of the United States set up internment camps.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with a Democrat? Is it a final answer? Can I put that in my jeopardy with all my money on it?
Speaker 2: Not only a Democrat, but the granddaddy of them all, a lion of the left, FDR Franklin Delan R. Roosevelt, who I'm pretty sure on the view if they reference FDR that they require Gregorian monks in the banks. Back to saying, ah, of course they don't believe in monks either, so they wouldn't let that happen. But FDR set up internment camps for Japanese citizens, wildly on constitutional, wildly illegally illegal. Thankfully we now recognize that as a grotesque abuse. But that's never been done by a Republican Donald Trump was president. Were there any internment camps? No, but it doesn't stop the left from their fever dream. And by the way, you know, what she really means is internment camps. She means detention facilities for illegal immigrants, which she'll call to tournament camps. And to be clear, Kamala Harris promised when she was running for president that on her first day she would shut down all the ice attention camps. So a detention camp for someone who enters the country illegally is not an internment camp. What's the difference?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 2: This is where hopefully verdict does some good. If you have a murderer and you convict him of murder and you send him to jail, is the jail and internment camp? No? Why because he's been convicted of a crime. If someone crosses into this country illegally and they are detained, and they're detained a detention facility. Is that an internment camp?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Because the law provides you can't cross any illegally and you can be detained for doing so while your deportation proceedings are pending. An internment camp. What FDR did is he rounded up Japanese citizens who had not broken any law. They were American citizens of Japanese descent, so they were law abiding Americans living their life. And FDR said, if you're of Japanese descent, we're going to arrest you and throw you in a camp simply because you're Japanese and we're in World War two and we're at war with Japan. That was grotesquely bigoted, and it was directly contrary to the constitution. You can't arrest someone who's a law abiding American citizen who hadn't broken the law. But of course, on the view everything I just said, they don't have anyone who says that. Instead, they just nod vapidly and said, yes, he's an authoritarian. It's terrible, and they ignore that their party is the one who has been engaged in authoritarian lawlessness.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you real quick about our friends over IFCJ and the incredible work that they're doing for the people that are hurting in Israel. This past year, not only have we seen the war rage on in the Holy Land, but we've also seen an alarming rise in anti Semitism. Some of it have been playing out in this presidential election. And that's why I am proud of the partnership with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. They've been building bridges between Christians and Jews for over forty years and since that time they've been on the ground helping the vulnerable and providing security for Jews in both Israel and also Ukraine. Thank you for your support during this critical time, because your gifts have helped the Fellowship provide on only food and necessities, but also security for those most in standing with Israel and the Jewish people. Has never meant so much. And if you have not gotten involved with IFCJ, I want you to find out more by going to support IFCJ dot org. You can learn more and make a gift right now. Many of the armored ambulances and temporary bunkers that have been put up have been built and given those military those armed vehicles by members of the IFCJ. So if you want to know that you're making a difference no matter what you give, look at what they do at IFCJ. Go to support IFCJ dot org to learn more and make a gift that SUPPORTIFCJ dot org altogether, or you can call them eight a eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ eight at eight four eight eight four three two five Senater. One other thing that I also thought was really shocking, just of the takeaway is look, whether I'm on a campaign that wins or a campaign that loses. One thing I've always learned early on in my career is you better take notes. And the notes can be Hey, we won, but what can we do better next time? What did we mess up that we don't want to make the same mistakes. I keep a notebook. I have a notebook of every campaign I've been involved in, and I go back through it during campaign season and read it because you learn from your mistakes when you win, and you learn from your mistakes when you lose. There seems to be no self awareness here at all from the Democratic Party in general over this loss, and this loss was big. You look at California and how many people voted actually for concerts there at numbers that were historic in some areas. New York, look at the numbers there historic in some areas. You, for example, having an almost ten point margin of victory over a can it they pump money in the state. It was a good old Texas ass whooping. As I described it on Fox Business Channel earlier, that there seems to be no self awareness at all, and is that going to be their downfall moving forward? I kind of hope it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, unfortunately, I wish some Democrats would recognize we've gotten to extreme. Let's adjust, let's let's move towards the middle, let's find common ground that would be good for America. I don't think they're there yet. I think it is going to take a couple more as you put a good old fashioned ass whippings to let them change. And you mentioned California. Listen, California is going to play a pivotal role in ensuring that Republicans have the majority in the House Representatives, and yet California Democrats are I want you to listen to Eric Swalwell, who you know. I mean, he really liked the folks on the view. He's just kind of a hard, angry leftist. But I want you to listen to his analysis of why the Democrats lost.
Speaker 3: People resent when you talk to them like you're trying to win a Harvard Law School mood court competition, as opposed to just you know, talking to somebody.
Speaker 2: At a bar or at the bus stop.
Speaker 3: And I think we would be better served if we led with our personality rather than policy. And our personalities can reflect our values, our principles, what we care about. But too often we're just not plain spoken enough and frankly, we're too nice and too modest, and we stand on virtue.
Speaker 1: I mean, basically, if you didn't vote for us, you're all a bunch of deplorables, garbage Nazis. We hate you all and you're stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to say when Eric Swalwell's diagnosis of the problem of Democrats is that they're quote too nice, too modest, and stand on virtue like that truly is disconnected from reality. This is while Kamala Harris is screaming Trump is hitler, this is we left us on TV are saying he's authority is going to set up in tournament camps. This is wal Joe Biden is calling the people who voted for Trump garbage. This is while Mark Cuban is insulting every woman who voted for Donald Trump. And I love how he said, well, our problem is we're trying to win a Harvard moot court. Well, Eric, one of us has actually been in Harvard moot courts, and one of us has won arguments before. And I will tell you Kamala Harris has many problems, but being too much of an effective advocate in a Harvard moot court that ain't one of them. That's not Kamala's problem, I can assure you. And in fact, the word salad that was the special of the day from Kamala Harris. The reason she told the word salad is because your policies are indefensible. And my favorite part of that clip with Swalwell is he said, well, maybe we should stop talking about policies and just lead with our personalities. And I get it. If your policies are complete garbage, if their failures, if they don't work for the American people, what else do you you have other than to try to like Woo people with a bunch of smoke and mirrors and distraction. But no aspect of what he said there is any reflection of, gosh, maybe we got too extreme now. Instead he's saying we need to be even more extreme. And I gotta tell you, unfortunately, there're gonna be more than a few leftists who react just like that.
Speaker 1: Even late night comedy, they were not funny, Stephen Colbert. He was angry and just frustrated. And here's what he said to America.
Speaker 10: I'm your host, Stephen Colbert. Well, well it happened again.
Speaker 12: After a bizarre and vicious campaign fueled by a desperate need not to go to jail, Donald Trump has won the twenty twenty four election. Indep It's almost like you rehearse that. The deep shock and sense of loss is enormous. Okay, but let's look at the bright side. This way, at least there'll be a peaceful transfer of power. Mike Pants, Ali, Ali Oxen free. All day yesterday I was walking around proudly wearing my eye voted sticker. Today I wore my I am questioning my fundamental belief in the goodness of humanity sticker. Yeah, they give those out, They give those out, yeah at the Bakesdale right outside. Now, as a late night host, people will often say to me, come on, part of you has gotta want Trump to win because he gives you so much material to work with.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, one.
Speaker 12: Tells the guy who cleans the bathroom, Wow, you must love it when someone has explosive diarrhea. There's so much material for you to work with.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, do you understand that?
Speaker 5: Not good?
Speaker 2: I wish you wish.
Speaker 4: So many of us wish this.
Speaker 12: Hadn't happened, But that is not for us to decide.
Speaker 4: This is a democracy.
Speaker 12: That's democracy with a capital duh. And in this democracy, the majority has spoken and they said they don't care that much about democracy. And I want to take a moment to congratulate Kamala Harris on Tim Walls on running an amazing one hundred and seven days came, well, come.
Speaker 1: On, that was extraordinary, right out of the great His definition of extraordinary and mind center are very different. But I do think there's a bigger point.
Speaker 2: Actually, to be fair, though you would agree their campaign was extraordinary.
Speaker 1: It was extraordinary. Is extraordinarily bad and thank them for doing it? That's true, Yes, it was extraordinary on that front.
Speaker 2: But see there's common ground you and Stephen Colbert on the same page.
Speaker 5: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: That's very true. So there's a bigger theme here. By the way, tell me Ben it likes Stephen Colbert. Have you ever dressed up as a giant COVID vaccinations shout and danced around publicly?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, never gonna happen. Never gonna happen. But this is the part that I grint about. I feel like we've actually broken the media now. And I got to give some credit on Musk for doing this when he bought X and it started to change things and people were actually able to get their views out there and not be silenced and censored the way that they were before. And what I think has happened now is if you are a conservative, even a moderate, being talked to by late night television in this way is the reason why I think they're actually putting themselves into irrelevancy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, one of the things striking you look at Colbert when he's like complaining about the election result in all of his crowd is cheering with him. It's clear only leftists go to Stephen Colbert. Only leftists watch when's the last time you watch Steven Colbert, Just seriously.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. Years years to love watching Leno and Letterman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Leonard, Leonard Letterman. I would watch all the time Letterman's Top ten list and a real shift in late I like comedy. I like late night comedy. I watch comedies. I've grown up on SNL. I like good comedy. And by the way, I laugh at comedy making fun of Republicans. There's plenty to make fun of Republicans if you have a good comedian. They ought to make fun of everybody. And I mean there's a lot to laugh at. And in the age of Trump, late night comics are just so consumed that they just give partisan rants. And by the way, one of the big shifts. So a decade ago, it was a regular part of politics to go on late night shows. I've been on Stephen Colbert, I've been on Jimmy Kimmel, I've been on Fallon, I've been on Leno. It used to be a regular part. When is the last time you saw any Republican on late night shows?
Speaker 1: We're not welcome if you're a fake Republican, if you're a kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, if you're but an actual Republican, the they simply do not have them on, and as a result, they're infinitely less funny. And by the way, A Sinel did the same thing with Kamala Harris and Tim Kaine. They had both of them on, but not not their Republican opponents, and then they got in trouble with the FCC because they were violating federal law. And all. All right, Colbert is one thing, but I want you to listen to Jimmy Kimmel because again, I know Kimmel, I've you know.
Speaker 1: Good old Texas and we're talking about as women's earlier. You gave him a good old Texas ass whoop when you were not that long ago, when you guys played basketball against each other. Let's just make sure we remember, remind the audience of that.
Speaker 2: I will never forget, so so play Kimmel that this is his comedy monologue.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest.
Speaker 6: It was a terrible night last night. It was a terrible night for women, for children, for the hundreds of thousands of hard working immigrants who make this country go.
Speaker 4: For healthcare, for.
Speaker 6: Our climate, for scran for journalism, for justice.
Speaker 10: For free speech.
Speaker 6: It was a terrible night for poor people, for the middle class, for seniors who rely on social security, for our allies in Ukraine, for NATO, or your truth.
Speaker 1: He's crying, and half of what he said, by the way, is just more than it.
Speaker 2: Was a terrible night for free speech, Like that's just hysterical. His side are the censoring. We will silence you, we will control you, we will ban you. You know, it was like everything he said, it was a terrible night for women. Now, to be clear, this is the same Jimmy Kimmel that used to co host The Man Show and he would have women in bikinis jumping up on trampolines. So he's not exactly on the vanguard of women's rights. But Jimmy Kimmel no longer is a comedian. He's just an angry leftist. He's not quite as woke as Steven Colbert, but he's like one to one thousandth away. And you know what, as a result, it's just not funny. And so I will say this. You mentioned my playing hoops with him, so back in twenty eighteen, I challenged him to one on one basketball. We played. It was terrible, terrible basketball. As ESPN broadcasted that night. If doctor Nasmith had seen what happened here today, he would have invented a different sport. But at the end of the day, my terrible basketball was slightly better than his terrible basketball, and I won eleven to nine, which forever and ever will be an ass kicking that Jimmy Kimmel has to live with. And as a result of it, I've lived free in his head for the last six years. And so he about once a month goes on a rant attacking me, and in fact, like when my last book on Woke came out, he hired a drag queen to read excerpts of my book to five year olds, which was kind of bizarre, but I thanked him for helping me sell copies of the book. And then my standard response whenever he lashes out is I have a video that we've compiled that we call Buckets and Blocks, and it consists of nothing but shots of me scoring on him and shots of me just swatting his shot back and actually fouling the hell out of him a whole lot. And so that's my response every time, is gush, Jimmy, you seem angry, but it's really a shame that you're gonna have to live with that loss forever.
Speaker 1: You know. One of the things it's also interesting about this conversation is the fact that Democrats who said, well, you know, we were trying to save democracy were screwed. Now we got a dictator of tyrant coming in are actually the ones acting like that. Governor Newsom has already come out saying, I'm calling a special session to prep the battle against incoming Trump administration, calling it a special legislative session focus on potential state litigation against the Trump administration ever, issues that could to impact his state.
Speaker 2: Look, they're going to resist on every front. They're going to fight because why because they hate democracy. That's the irony. They talk about democracy constantly, But what they mean of democracy is we will force you to obey us whether or not the voters want it. They don't actually want democracy. If they want a democracy, they wouldn't have prosecuted Trump four different times because they would have trusted the voters. They like power, and they mask their lust for power in calling it democracy. But I gotta say there's at least one Democrat right now who is celebrating, who is smiling ear to ear, who may well be the happiest man in the world, and that would be Joseph Robinette Biden. He is joyful. And I'm going to wager you twenty bucks that Joe Biden and Jill Biden they both pulled the lever for Donald Trump when they voted on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't surprise me because if you go back to this coup, and to quickly remind people it was it was the Democratic mafia and the fam the five families. It was the Shumer, Pelosi, Obama Clinton's that were in this and Harris, those five families had a coup. I think they probably threatened him with a twenty fifth amendment if you don't step aside, we're going to do this too, because we don't want to lose and we think we can win. With Harris and Joe Biden, I have not seen him have a bigger grin on his face when he did this Rose Garden conversation. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, look, the whole thing started. I mean, I think Biden found out about it when he woke up with his dog, Major's head in his bed and he was just screaming and screaming and screaming. And for those of y'all too young to get the reference. That's a reference to The Godfather, where where the movie producer who refuses to cast a young Frank Sinatra has this this prize race horse that that the Godfather decapitates and puts the horse head in the bed. And it really was it was the five families that they met and they said, oh, mister Biden, your services are no longer needed. And and you know what, I think Joe Biden is pissed. I don't think it's an accident that Joe Biden put on a Maga hat in the middle of the election. I do not think it is an accident that Jill Biden when she went to vote dressed in all read I think that was quite deliberate. But listen to Joe Biden. Listen to the joy that he is emanating today.
Speaker 1: Before I play that for you, I want to tell you about our friends over at Berna, and I got to tell you I love telling you about companies that can help protect you and your family. I had to use a firearm to protect myself. I had to use a firearm to save my own life. But many times you may not be in a place where you can carry a firearm. Maybe you have a child that is under twenty one and you want to know they have a way to protect themselves. Maybe you gotten them pepper spray. What if I told you there's something that's so much better than that, Well, that is a burna less lethal pistol. It is amazing. The less lethal pistol launcher can save not only your life, but the life of someone else. It is a great compliment to owning a firearm. But if you're your family or in a situation where you feel threatened, you can start with less lethal and this is legal in all fifty states. There are no permits or background checks needed. I own this myself and they have been given as gifts to many of my family members. Now, if you've got a daughter or Eliza by yourself, or is it school eighteen and under or I say eighteen and over, Berna is the answer. It's designed for easy use by all age groups eighteen are over. The burner launcher has powerful deterrence like tear gas and pepper spray rounds. They are amazing kinetic rounds as well, with a sixty foot range, so you have a lot more distance between you and a threat. Then you have with a taser or with pepper spray. One shot can incapacitate attacker for up to forty minutes. It's used by government agencies and law enforcement around the country, and over a half million units have been sold in more than fourteen thousand, four and a half star reviews. Now I'm gonna save you money too. Visit Berna dot com slash verdict for ten percent off your purchase. That's by RNA dot Com. Slash verdict for ten percent off. Go look at the videos of how it works, and you're gonna be amazed. You'll understand why I am telling you about it. By RNA. That's Burna dot Com slash verdict for ten percent off. That's by RNA dot com. Now take a listen to Joe Biden and I'll say it again. When he came out, he was grinning from ear to ear in the Rose Garden.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's good to see you all, particularly good to see my granddaughters in the front row. Here at been Halloi honey. For over two hundred years, America has carried out the greatest experiment in self government and history of the world. And that's not hyperbole.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 4: For the people.
Speaker 13: The people vote and choose their own leaders, and they do it peacefully. And we're in a democracy. The will of the people always prevails. Yesterday I spoke with President elect Trump to congratulate him on his victory, and I assured him I direct my entire administration to work with his team to ensure a peaceful and orderly transition.
Speaker 1: That's what the American people deserve.
Speaker 13: Yesterday I also spoke with Vice President Harris. She's been a partner and a public servant. She ran an inspiring campaign and everyone got to see something that I learned early on to respect so much her character. She has a backbone like a rammod. She has great character, true character. She gave her whole heart and effort, and she and her entire team should be proud of the campaign they ran. You know, the struggle for the soul of America since our very founding has always been an ongoing debate and still vital today. I know for some people it's a time for victory to state the obvious. For others, it's a time of loss. Campaigns your contest of competing visions. The country chooses one or the other. We accept the choice the country made I've said many times, you can't love your country only when you win. You can't love your neighbor only when you agree something. I hope we can and do no matter who you voted for, they see each other not as adversaries, but as fellow Americans. Bring down the temperature. I also hope we can later rest the question about the integrity of the American electoral system. It is honest, it is fair, and it is transparent, and it can be trusted win or lose. I also hope we can restore the respect for all our election workers who busted their next and took risks at the outset. We should thank them, thank them for staffing voting sites, counting the votes, protecting the very integrity of the election. Many of them are volunteers who do it simply out of love for their country and as they did as they did their duty as citizens. I will do my duty as president. I'll fulfill my oath and constitution. On January twenty, we'll have a peaceful transfer of power here in America. To all our incredible staff, supporters, Captint members, all the people have been hanging out with me for the.
Speaker 1: Last four years.
Speaker 13: God love you as my mother would say, thank you so much. You put so much into the past four years. I know it's a difficult time.
Speaker 1: I mean, this was a different Joe Biden. You could even say a joyous Joe Biden. He was not what you would normally think. And you gotta look at it and go, man, he was living it up on election I like you guys threw me out and guess what, you didn't get the prize after all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, I am certain that Joe Biden looked at his family, looked at his top staff and said, if it had been me, I do want he believed. Sure, he believes it through and through. And I don't think he will ever forgive Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Chuck Schumer for throwing him overboard, doing it unceremonial lee and saying we want Kamala instead. And look, we'll never know what that alternative reality would be. I mean, Biden's first debate was a disaster. That's undoubtedly true. But I will tell you on election night, Biden did better everywhere than Kamala did like Kamala or let me frame it in the obverse, Kamala did worse than Biden did everywhere, and Joe Biden, I think, is celebrating and not even that quietly. And you know what, I'm celebrating too, because it means the country. It's morning in America again and we're turning the country around.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. Don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hit that subscribe or auto download button and thank you for sharing this podcast on social media. It helps other people find this podcast. So without you, guys, we wouldn't be doing this. Thank you again for listening and sharing it. Grab my podcast on those in between days and I'll keep you updated as well on everything going on the Ben Ferguson podcasts and Senator. I will see you back here Saturday for our week in review as well. See you then,