Speaker 1: Donald. Are you there?
Speaker 2: Yes, nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: It's nice to meet you as well. Arnold.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I'm all right? What is Donold? Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Go on?
Speaker 1: What do you believe?
Speaker 4: I want to ask you a bunch of questions. I want them to be answered immediately. What I'm gonna ask you a bunch of questions and I want to answer them immediately. The men are trying to kill me.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a conversation with another human being before? No, that's okay. What I need your doing right now?
Speaker 4: There's some google outside of town.
Speaker 1: I need to hold hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on? What are you? What are you doing right now?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: What in your plan of you doing this at this point? What? What was? What's? What is next? In this planet?
Speaker 8: Who is your daddy?
Speaker 4: And what does he do?
Speaker 1: The desert is the filming location of many popular movies and television shows, such as Breaking Bad, The Arthur Handy Bunch, and the popular romantic comedy film Twiller, made in nineteen eighty eight. Hello, this is Lyle. This is the gek man. This is the guy who is a get go on the computer. What's up?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I am lated? All right? So this podcast. I didn't put out a podcast last week because it was a big week for America, a big week for the world, and what better way to not get any work done than that. Tonight's program features a man and his ghost, a self hating anime fan, a long distance relationship, a new blossoming love between a chemistry tutor and his student, a father daughter relationship, and oh my god, so much more. I want everyone to know. I need everyone to know this right now, that of all the things that I that I do with this show, like between putting on the face paint and doing the actual thing and talking, all these are the hardest part of all of it. I want everyone to know the most frustrating, most annoying part of it all is recording these intros that I'm recording right now, because I'm just talking into my laptop with no one else around, like an insane person. Really, and I feel alone, I feel trapped. I feel awful. Really. I've recorded about thirty of these intros, and the one that you're hearing right now is the one that won and I mean every I mean that's twenty nine angry, distraught, slams of the pause button followed by a drag into the trash and an emptying of defeat of the trash and every negative feeling you could pot, like shame, grief, sorrow. They all make appearances throughout the process of recording these podcasts, intros, everything, every other part of it is, you know, amazing. But talking to myself in the dark is just awful. And I know, you know, look, it just makes me feel better to get that off my chest. It really does, Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of America. Anyway, this is therapy Gecko. We're talking to strangers tonight. You can call the Gecko every Monday, Wednesday Friday at ten pm Eastern Standard Time on twitch dot tv slash lyle forever l y L E f O R E V e R. And let's just get into it.
Speaker 9: CAW from Justin Lee.
Speaker 1: Justin Lee, Yo, suck gergo not a lot man. Why did you go by your full name?
Speaker 9: I force a habit, Honestly, it's the message said, state my name and just always do it like that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like more of a Justin Lee than a Justin.
Speaker 2: I think I do.
Speaker 9: I'm actually a junior. My dad gave me his full name, and I think for a long time I've always lived as just a well i'd say a little hymn, but I'm taller than him.
Speaker 1: What's your relationship with your dad? Like?
Speaker 3: Recently?
Speaker 9: It has not gotten well. He went to prison for doing some very terrible things.
Speaker 1: Are you comfortable to share?
Speaker 9: I am, man, but I just don't want to set the stream.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: He was accused of child molestation, and my entire family guarantees he did it.
Speaker 1: How have you been dealing with that?
Speaker 9: Well, first he was camping out inside of our house for a few weeks, none of us even knowing he was in like secret Heidi holes. But then he's been arrested and no one really talks to him anymore. I don't even either.
Speaker 1: He missed talking to him or did you have a good relationship before this happened.
Speaker 9: The relationship was rocky before all this happened. We never were really that close. But I do miss talking to him, but I know that from my own mental well being, I really shouldn't. Almost every time I talk with him, I can just feel so many bad memories just always come back.
Speaker 1: What do you believe? Justin Lee.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 9: I believe in a lot of things. I heard earlier in the stream the girl was talking about ghosts, and I do believe in ghosts. I have one that flicks my legs. It's how he communicates. He's pretty nice. I believe.
Speaker 1: He communicates by flicking his lights.
Speaker 9: Well, I have a light fixture in my bedroom and he kind of flicks the glass fixtures around it, kind of a softer flick or a harder flick. And there's not really a yes or no, but more of like a hey, man, I'm here for you to talk, kind of like I'm talking to you. I've never met you, but you know through a beep on my screen you're here to talk.
Speaker 1: Have you ever accepted the ghosts offer to talk?
Speaker 9: I have, I do almost every day.
Speaker 1: And what is your conversation with the ghosts go?
Speaker 9: Like? Usually, I just kind of tell him about my day. I've recently gotten two little kittens, and I hope he likes hearing me talk about him too. I talked to him about some of the issues I face with friends, girlfriends, other relationships with my people.
Speaker 1: Have you ever got to real therapy?
Speaker 9: I haven't, but man, I know I need to.
Speaker 1: Because I think that you should try that instead of relying on the ghost.
Speaker 9: I will. I'm just waiting till I move down to Indy, but that'll be in the beginning of next dear, a new start, a whole new everything. But I'm glad that the ghost is here. He's a good friend.
Speaker 1: Do you ever ask the ghost how it's doing?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: How's that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: All I ever get back is a flick. But I hope that the ghost sits near me when we talk, and that it talks to and I hope that he's trying to tell me stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay in the decoding process, Yeah right, how do you decode these flicks?
Speaker 9: Well, really, I don't. It's just more of like if the flicks are happening frequently, or like if okay, an example, like and know I'm telling him about my and I talk about something that makes me sad, I get like he flicks at that moment and it kind of lets me know like boom, that's a pinpoint issue that you know, you want me to talk more on, or like interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, So when you're talking to the ghosts, if you hit on a particular thing, it's and a flick basically means tell me more about that.
Speaker 9: Kind of the flicks can mean a lot, and I'm not really sure most of the time what they even mean. But it's more like the ghost is like, you know, trying to say something, letting me know it's still there.
Speaker 1: Do you have Do you have people you talk to besides this ghost about the things that you talk to the ghost about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I talk a lot with my girlfriend, my step mom, and the people I live with, and I'm trying to get more with my brother.
Speaker 1: Have you told them about the ghosts?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Most of them just kind of laugh about it. But my girl and the girl that used to live in this house too, they both, you know, they've heard the flicks. You know, we're just chilling him. So I got more than just my proof is real.
Speaker 1: So would you ever, so you've introduced your girlfriends to the ghosts?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: What are you doing over here? She actually hasn't. Most times when she's over the ghost is, you know, he'll flick and we're usually watching a movie and I always tell them I'll chat with him later in the night.
Speaker 1: Given for this ghost, na I tried.
Speaker 9: To figure out a name, but I remember one time asking him about Ouiji boards and I was like, two flicks for no, and I got two very fast flicks, so he didn't want that, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: Dude, how do you know the ghost is a dude?
Speaker 9: I asked, is like a one flick for dude, two flicks for chick and I got one hard flick And I was like, well, all right, how.
Speaker 1: Do you know the ghost isn't you know, non binary or something in between?
Speaker 9: You know what, man, I don't. I don't know that, But who's to say the ghost even like knew that's half a flick. You know, I can do half flicks a little pen but no ing, where are my kiddies?
Speaker 1: Well, just thank you for show, and you know, I hope I know. You know. I'm not an actual therapist, even though the thing says therapy, Gecko.
Speaker 7: But.
Speaker 1: I hope that you're able to talk to a real therapist sometime soon.
Speaker 9: I will soon get go. But honestly, thanks for letting me share. I'm very happy I got through tonight.
Speaker 1: Absolutely justin Lee, good luck to you and tell your ghost, I said, hello.
Speaker 9: I will Gecko, I have a great just in real life man.
Speaker 1: Goodness well brother, oh bye.
Speaker 7: All friend, John Green, Hey, John Green, Hello, Hello John Green how's it going?
Speaker 1: It's going all right? I'm chilling. What are you doing?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: What are you doing right now?
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in a chair watching one of your streams.
Speaker 1: What room of your house are you in while you're doing this?
Speaker 3: A room that's upstairs? A bedroom?
Speaker 1: What is can you kind of describe what's around you in your bedroom?
Speaker 3: A lot of clothes on the floor, there's an air conditioner.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the most interesting object in your room right now?
Speaker 3: Myself?
Speaker 1: You consider yourself an object in your room?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Would you be willing to do a favor for me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Could you get out of your room and then stand right outside of it and look into it?
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, all right, you're looking into your room?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What is the most interesting thing in your room right now?
Speaker 3: The television?
Speaker 1: The television, the television and interesting invention, bringing entertainment and information to people across the United States and across the world. I agree, A very interesting object. What did you say? Your name was?
Speaker 3: John Green?
Speaker 1: Well, John Green, I love you very much, and I do believe that one day our souls will be intertwined together forever in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I don't know about that, but you know it's.
Speaker 1: Not it's it's more of an invitation. I'm sorry, I met, I met the phrase that is more of an invitation as opposed to this is gonna happen. So I want to I'm open to it, but you don't have to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds good? All right?
Speaker 1: I love you, John Green. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: All right, good night.
Speaker 1: I hope he's okay, I mean, is he he's still standing there?
Speaker 5: Autumn to accept?
Speaker 1: Hello Autumn.
Speaker 5: Oh I made it through? Cool?
Speaker 3: Hi, Lyle.
Speaker 5: How are you feeling things?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm in the you know, I'm in a chair in the woods.
Speaker 5: You know. I wish I could say I know how you feel, but I really don't.
Speaker 1: Why do you wish you could say you know how I feel?
Speaker 5: It sounds nice being a chair in the woods.
Speaker 1: You could know how I fe Do you have a chair?
Speaker 5: I have like a rolling office chair. I don't think it would be great in the chair.
Speaker 1: Do you have a car?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do, so you could figure it out. I mean, I mean, I'm not saying you should do it. I wouldn't like right, I wouldn't recommend you going. I don't know how far away you live in the woods, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Speaker 5: Do you remember me from last Monday?
Speaker 1: I do remember you from last Monday. You had a roommate who you wanted to have sex with, and she did not want to have sex with you, but you wanted to have sex with her, and you were wondering what you should do.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, I feel like that's a pretty good summary of what that was, how that car went down?
Speaker 1: So how did it go?
Speaker 5: Why don't you ask her?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 10: How's you go?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 12: Abby?
Speaker 1: Hello? Abby?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Thanks for me.
Speaker 1: Abby.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're a good person?
Speaker 10: M h, Well, what really is a good person? I mean, there's a real way tomorrow generally probably, Oh, I grew up in the UK.
Speaker 1: Do you like the UK compared to America? No, I guess America compared.
Speaker 3: To the UK.
Speaker 10: I'm much for America, much better, I mean awesome here. So that's that's one good point.
Speaker 1: Now, Abby, h Wile, why what was going on initially? Why did you initially not want to have sex with Autumn?
Speaker 10: Well, there was never a point where I did not want to have the best of autom There was a point where I thought it would be a bad idea because we lived together, and it just seems like a bad idea to leave your roommate because you know, you have no space. You see them all the time, you know, And then we were like fuck it.
Speaker 1: But I mean you, I mean, according to Autumn, what Autumn told me last time we you know, her and I spoke, you were holding pretty strong, you were holding pretty steady that you did not want to have sex with your roommate. But now, but I mean, what was the breaking point?
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like she overemphasized was how strong I was holding because we had just talked about it that day, We'd had one conversation about it. So I don't know, am I am I telling? This's wrong? Win sometime?
Speaker 5: I mean overemphasized. I mean he said no.
Speaker 8: So like.
Speaker 10: You know, Aten's a good person. She she believes that no means.
Speaker 1: No because you know what did she tell you? What I told her?
Speaker 10: Yes, she told me the video?
Speaker 1: Oh she did?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: What'd you think about that?
Speaker 10: I mean, I think your assessment was a fair assessment considering the information you had, the what I had, the information you.
Speaker 1: Had from her, Yes, that was all the information I had, right.
Speaker 10: I mean you were saying that I was playing games, which is true, but she also was playing games.
Speaker 5: We were having and if.
Speaker 1: I and if you were on the call, I would have told you not to play games either, because what games do but delay things and slow people down. And now you and look at you. Now you're retired. You're a retired athlete from the game, Abby, And and here you are, you know, making love every every night with your roommate, all because you decided to hang up the hang up the games, Abby. And look how much better your life is for it.
Speaker 5: Uh huh. I mean I wouldn't even say every night, but like, although sometimes it is nice to take it slow lyle Yeah, it's true. Oh wait, wait, there's something really important I need to tell you. Okay, you're you're less Nostril. It's kind of dented inward. It's really been bothering me. And on your suite you could like like if you wanted to fix it, like you.
Speaker 1: Did, I does that did that work?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 10: Your video is a little delayed.
Speaker 1: On the other side, I think it kind of works.
Speaker 10: Yes, thank you beautiful so much.
Speaker 1: Fast then yeah, thank you guys so much. I really appreciate that. It's very nice you to say, yeah, a pleasure. Well Abby, well Autumn, I'll leave you guys to it and I and I appreciate I appreciate you guys following up with me, and I wish you all all all all the happiness in the world.
Speaker 10: Same to you.
Speaker 5: I love you, Lyle, I love.
Speaker 1: You too, Autumn. I don't know if that was Autumn saying that or I have you saying that, but the same answer for.
Speaker 5: Both, we both say it.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 7: D night.
Speaker 14: All from Keith.
Speaker 1: Keith.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, mister internet gecko? Ma'am man.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even gonna stream to night, and then I did, and now I'm here. You know, it's it's late.
Speaker 8: What do you mean.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna stream because I well, I thought, well, look, I mean, that's looking good. I've been avoiding talking about the election all night because I don't know. I don't know shit about ship, but I was avoiding. I was going to not stream because I thought that the world would be in a place of turmoil and chaos, and so I was scared the.
Speaker 2: Whole time that I've been listening, the whole time that I've been watching the stream and listening. I honestly forgot about the elections. You've been You've been, honestly, without either of us realizing it. You've been offering us both a nice little respite and and just by just by making making us both aware of it again, now you've taken that away from us.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's true. Well, you know what they say, the Gek giveth and the Gek taketh away.
Speaker 2: It's true, but it's true.
Speaker 7: Glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that it could take your mind off of it, because.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm I'm getting a little panicked about Nevada at this point though.
Speaker 1: While we're on the topic why I was wrong with Nevada.
Speaker 2: Well, Nevada is really the last undecided state that Biden needs to win right now, because he's at two hundred and sixty four. According well every every every news outlet kind of has like a different, you know, exact estimate. But I think I was seeing on like either seeing En or Fox. I think they have him at two sixty four. So if he gets Nevada, and it's looking good for Nevada too, but that's six points there and then he'll be at two seventy. So real close.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: You know what I I've been I've been looking at my you know what, why don't we talk about someone else? Because I've been looking at my computer? Rollway, Yeah, well I'm probably gonna look at my computer after this. I'm probably gonna look at Twitter.
Speaker 14: Happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was happier.
Speaker 1: Oh you're fine, You're fine, You're fine, You're totally fine, dude. Yeah, I was about to. I would think I was about to want to talk about it, and then I was like, and then I remember, no, it's not your fault. It was my fault because I was about to want to talk about it, and then I remembered why I didn't want to talk about it, because I just spending all day on the computer, on the Facebook, on the Twitter, on the Instagram. Do you ever go on Instagram? You ever go on Instagram? You have an Instagram account? You have a password or use your name on that website?
Speaker 2: No? I well I used to have Instagram, but I have been for a long time. I don't really use any social media honestly. But I've been keeping track of the election all day though, So I know how you feel, and it's kind of making me go a little crazy.
Speaker 1: You ever go on Tinder? Those girls on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do have they do have girls on Tinder? Do they have geckos? Is there like a get tinder that you use that's like a little different, but it works for you. Sorry, I didn't, I mean you don't.
Speaker 1: I want you. No one who has ever called into the show as ever and had anything to do, no one, No one needs to be sorry for anything, And I don't be sorry. I don't want you to feel like you. Look what'd you say your name was?
Speaker 2: It's Keith, Keith.
Speaker 1: There's no job to be done here, but if there were, you'd be doing a good one. Thank you, man, you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Are you feeling good right now about where you are in your life?
Speaker 5: Keith? On?
Speaker 2: Like on like a large on, like a large scale. I guess yes, because I'm I'm almost done with uh with school, i almost have my master's degree, Like I'm almost gonna start looking for a job as a teacher. So like in that sense, definitely, that's that's that's making me feel pretty good. But like on the on the more micro scale, though, like this semester is really crazy and like I'm stressed that with a lot of schoolwork, but I'm I'm probably gonna turn out, like you know, with good grades and everything anyways, So but it's it's pretty stressful for right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, what kind of teaching are you trying to do?
Speaker 8: High school chemistry?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that sounds awful for me. For you, it sounds amazing because you obviously want to do that.
Speaker 2: I bet I bet that if I was your teacher, you would have liked chemistry, really, I bet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what do you think? What makes you say that?
Speaker 2: Because in all my experiences, the only time I ever really didn't enjoy a class is like if I had like a you know, like a boring teacher, or like a teacher who wasn't like, you know, like kind of like fun or did things in like an interesting way. So like, I think that a really a lot of like student's perception about subjects comes from their experiences with teachers. So you have to try to build really positive experiences with teachers so that kids can have positive experiences about school and then everybody's just happy.
Speaker 1: You know, someone in the chat said that their chemistry teacher was hot, and I wanted to know, do you first of all, well, Okay, we can both agreed that having a hot teacher makes a class better. Do you would you consider yourself hot?
Speaker 2: Uh? My?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: My friend right next to me is nodding, yes, So can't talk?
Speaker 1: Can't talk to your friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: How are you so, Emily? You do you think that, uh, Keith will be a good teacher?
Speaker 12: Oh, Keith is an excellent teacher.
Speaker 1: Emily, you said, Look, I'm just an internet echo man.
Speaker 12: Right, You're more than that.
Speaker 1: But go on, but you said you sound like you got a little bit of a crush on Keith here, of course what.
Speaker 6: Keith?
Speaker 1: I heard Keith say? One of the keith is is amazed here. Have you ever told Keith how you feel about him?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So then what's the deal here? What's going on with you?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 8: I'm her chemistry tutor anymore?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Now we know why class with you will be so fun, Keith. We've covered the bottom of it. Now we know why class will be so fun in his chemistry class. No, now we know, Keith.
Speaker 8: No, you're making that sound not the way that it should.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing anything but observing and reporting. Well I'm not reporting but observing.
Speaker 14: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So Emily, how did I want to know? I'm interested in the crux of this relationship. I'm interested when did it turn? When did it turn? When did it turn romantic? When did it turn so so fiery? As as as we you know, all of us here right now are sensing.
Speaker 12: You know what, we never had this conversation. This is a little awkward.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, that's that's what we're here for. We're here to, you know, get through some of these conversations that are to happen. Well, it had to happen sometimes, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I don't.
Speaker 1: What was the question? Okay, so you so? So Keith is No, it is not currently your.
Speaker 13: Chemistry teacher, No, not anymore.
Speaker 1: How would you find your relationship?
Speaker 2: Real quick?
Speaker 1: Hold on, yes, yes, yes, of course, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: I worked as before coronavirus, I worked as a TA at our school's chemistry lab. So I so, I tutored her in chemistry and we started dating.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys are dating.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, we go on dates.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys go on dates. You're dating?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we we definitely have a what's the word I'm looking for? And I guess like you two.
Speaker 1: Are kind of talking. You're in a talking stage.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Emily helped me out here. What's going on? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think we're just dating.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: A while.
Speaker 1: Now were you, but you weren't. But you weren't dating while you know what?
Speaker 8: Man, as of this second, we'regating.
Speaker 1: Amazing? Is it is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Is it confirmed? It's official?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I guess. So how does this feel, Keith?
Speaker 2: I mean, I kind of. It doesn't really change anything, just puts it puts a label on something.
Speaker 1: But how do you feel about labels in general?
Speaker 2: I tend to only uh really, I think that they're useful in some senses too, maybe explain things to people more easily. But usually if you use like a label, you're not really capturing the full detail of whatever scenario you're describing.
Speaker 1: I fucking fully agree with you, Keith. I'm also very high label.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too. Yeah, I would say, so.
Speaker 1: I think you guys maybe had a better thing going on before I showed up and made you guys. You know, I'm not gonna say I made you do anything, but I totally didn't. But I think I think you guys maybe had a better thing before.
Speaker 9: Is labeled.
Speaker 2: Oh well, don't think.
Speaker 10: I don't think anything's gonna change.
Speaker 2: So that makes it sound like it's going to be worse now, but I think it's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I mean again, I don't you guys know more than me about your own relationship.
Speaker 2: Exactly. We already had, like even before this, you know, we had like an explicit relationship. I guess you would say, like we're only seeing each other, but we're just dating, I guess, but not really fully committed. I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So that it's exclusive.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is, yeah, Emily, right, there is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know Emily is exclusive?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean I'm not seeing anyone and need something anyone, and I'm.
Speaker 12: Not like learying with other people or anything, so like, yeah, okay, it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gig. This is a good call.
Speaker 1: Huh what do you do You think it's a good call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a good How.
Speaker 1: Do you feel about this call?
Speaker 2: Good call?
Speaker 5: Good call?
Speaker 1: Good well, Keith, Emily, I'll leave you guys to it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank you, thank man.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you guys have a good and.
Speaker 2: You have you know, you have a great way of bringing the best time people. I think so I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Thank you man, that's really nice you to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, have a good night.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I think you're a great guy. I look forward to talking to you again sometime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really sweet. Do you say, man? Thank you? You have you have a good night and good luck, good luck with your grades?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks you too?
Speaker 3: Bye?
Speaker 7: Good night? Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: Abby?
Speaker 9: Is that you?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hello?
Speaker 1: Abby?
Speaker 14: Oh my godness?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Do we not?
Speaker 1: Were you not expecting to get through?
Speaker 14: I was not expecting to get through?
Speaker 3: Non?
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 14: Good because the amount of people calling you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the popularity can only really last for so long, which is good. I don't think that. I don't think that human beings should have power of any kind.
Speaker 14: Enough.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 14: I'm from England.
Speaker 1: Are you there right now?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 1: How how are you enjoying? What do you what do you think about what you're seeing overseas right now?
Speaker 14: Well, we're about to go into lockdown for the second time tomorrow for months and it kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: But when I saw that, I mean it was alarming because we're probably not that well, we're probably not that far behind you guys in terms of you know, fucking uh stuff. I mean, are people.
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you?
Speaker 1: How are you planning to spend your quarantine?
Speaker 14: The same as I usually do. I've got a bunch of friends on Discord in the US and pretty much part with these guys seven, So I mean, it's not gonna change an awful lot for me. But yeah, I'm not I'm not too worried about it. It's just things that I play football on Wednesdays every week and I don't get to play football Wednesdays. It's just that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Do you do you work from home?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you do? Working?
Speaker 14: Shipping? So I make sure stuff gets from China, India whatever into the UK.
Speaker 1: And you can do that from your computer pretty much.
Speaker 13: What are we?
Speaker 1: What are we getting shipments of here?
Speaker 3: What do we?
Speaker 1: What do you? What do they in charge you? What do they put you in charge of of shipping for India and China?
Speaker 14: So, I mean it's it's mostly retail stuff really, so anything you can pretty much think of food, stuff, clothes. I don't know. Kind of put me on the spot, really, but yeah, on the spot.
Speaker 1: On the spot do you consider do you do you feel like you're good? Under pressure.
Speaker 14: I don't know. I guess, so why what did you ask?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, I mean, look, that's all I mean. I feel like you're put under pressure a lot. You're, you know, managing shipments from China.
Speaker 9: I suppose so in India.
Speaker 14: I mean it's not really in that respect, we pretty much And I don't know what I'm saying is what?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: No, I mean, yeah, no, I didn't think. I don't think it puts my under pressure at all, like my work.
Speaker 1: But what what does put you under pressure?
Speaker 14: Oh, this kind of situation, I guess I think you'll put myself into the situation. I can't really handle her. I was going to ask you a specific question anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, yes, well do.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 14: My situation is that I really really into someone who is on the other side of the planet right now, and I just wanted to know what kind of advice you'd have on sort of managing that. What do you think.
Speaker 1: What is a good way of What do you mean by your in you're into her? Does that mean you like have a crush on someone? Do you like you're dating this? What? What is what is the what is what is the context of your relationship?
Speaker 14: We're dating.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you ever met her in person before?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Where? What's she live in America?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not gonna say one way or the other because I have my own thoughts about like love. But I mean, how long you known this person?
Speaker 14: For my few months now that.
Speaker 1: I can only tell you what I would do. Okay, Joe, I want what were you gonna say?
Speaker 14: I don't know if you if you really think something is legimate, like you really think you've got a connection with someone, with someone even if they're five thousand miles away, how would you How would you handle that?
Speaker 1: I mean I would think of think to myself, is this gonna bring me more pain or pleasure? And I mean, look, the answer is different for everyone. So I can't really give you the answer that question. I can't give you the answer that question, but I can say I think that that's the the question and you should be asking yourself because you know, again we're all gonna have different answers. But I think that's the question you should think of, right because if I were in your situation, I asked myself, would continuing to see this person bring me more pain or pleasure? I'd probably answer pain because it would be painful to be continuing to romantically be involved with someone that lives so far away. But that's you know, that's my answer based on my own values. I value physical connection and I find it important in my own relationships to be in the same physical proximity as the person I'm dating. But look, those are my own standards. I don't know what your standards are, what rules you've set for your sort of relationship situation, but I would figure those out first.
Speaker 14: Someone is more valuable than the physical.
Speaker 1: No, then I mean, does it bring you pain that she doesn't live like look at this guy ancient abs in the chat. My love interests is six hours away. We talk once a day and have a great relationship. Perfect see it's up. It's I can't. I can't tell you. I can't give you advice on what you should do because everyone's different. I would hate that. So if you have you know you know, no, But I mean my my opinion on what you should do would based on It would be based upon, like what you value in your relationships?
Speaker 14: Fair enough?
Speaker 1: What do you value in your relationships?
Speaker 14: I tell you, I tell you friendship with only connection and just the ability to sit and talk for hours, and then the physical connection is kind of secondary. If you really do value that friendship and connection with someone, then the physical kind of comes afterwards for me. But it depends.
Speaker 1: Well, then who you are, Well, that's you know who you are, and that's what you value at least right now. I mean, you go what you value, you know can always change. But look, if that's what you value right now, then I think that this is you know, fine for you right now. And if your value is ever change, you know, be open to that. But yeah, I would say, I would say, try to be happy in the fact that you found someone with whom you have a mental connection with.
Speaker 14: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Sure, I hope that. I hope that anything I said just made sense.
Speaker 5: Just now.
Speaker 14: No, that's nice, thank you for the thank you for your time, and I hope you have an amazing deco night.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Man. What did you say?
Speaker 1: Your name was Andy? I appreciate you Andy. Thank you for coming him. Man, you have a good night day?
Speaker 14: Is myself right?
Speaker 1: Just hello? Everyone? What's up? This is Lyle again. This is a like I'll keep it brief, I'll keep it short. I'll keep it small, I'll keep it tight. If you have been enjoying this program, this evening, this morning, this, you know, whenever you're listening to it, it doesn't matter, and you want to support I do not have any sponsors at the moment, but I do have a Patreon, but you can join at patreon dot com slash lyle forever.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 1: You get access to exclusive posts never before seen. You get access to exclusive streams that I do only for the patreons. I think last patreon only stream we went on Omegle and I did some therapy gecking there. That was a lot of fun. But anyway, if you like the show, if you enjoy it at all, go to patreon dot com slash lyle forever and sign up there. You also don't have to You don't have to ever do anything ever. It's your life. Thank you for listening either way, and let's get back to Ze Shaw.
Speaker 13: Call from Emma, Emma, Hello, Hello, Emma. Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so surprised. I have literally called over five hundred times. Wow, hello, over five hundred times, at least five hundred times.
Speaker 1: You must have had something that you that you really wanted to want it to be have heard Emma.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know about all that. I've been abandon your show for a while.
Speaker 10: But this is my actual therapist canceled on me, So maybe I do have stuff to say.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of differences between me and your actual or maybe there's not. I mean, what's your actual therapist like, Well.
Speaker 13: He's actually a really cool guy, so maybe you guys would get along.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, what.
Speaker 1: Hit me, Mamma, Tell me everything, tell me nothing.
Speaker 13: Well, so I'm twenty two, and this pandemic hit at a really critical point in my life, and I feel like asked all the time I was going to school in another country. I spent eight years of my life dedicated to learning that language, finally made it there, and then after six months, suddenly I'm back to living at home. That's like I'm in high school. My parents are super strict after I lived by myself for six months, and I mean I did three years of normal college before I transferred.
Speaker 1: So where where where were you?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm kind of embarrassed to say online, to be honest, but are it's Korea?
Speaker 1: Why is that embarrassing to say you went to South Korea?
Speaker 13: I mean, there's a lot of people, especially on the Internet, who Korea is like the new Japan, you know, like the new wiyaboo.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you're afraid of people calling you a wiyaboo.
Speaker 13: Well, technically the phrase is Korea boo. And yes, it's my greatest fear.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm curious about. Why Why are you afraid of people knowing that you like anime?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 13: I haven't watched animate since I was fourteen, probably because I got bullied really bad in high school.
Speaker 1: But you you denied watching anime as adamantly as someone who watches anime would.
Speaker 13: I definitely watched the anime in middle school.
Speaker 6: Wait, I thought years ago.
Speaker 1: But I thought that that's what a weyaboo is. It's someone who watches anime a lot, right, argue.
Speaker 13: What where the line is between someone who just likes Asian culture and where you become.
Speaker 5: Like a wiyaboo.
Speaker 13: I think people would like to debate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not it's Asian culture in general. I thought it was like an anime thing.
Speaker 13: No, No, it's no, it's Korea. For me. I lived in Korea. I learned I see Korean.
Speaker 1: It's fucking cool, dude, honestly, thank you. I'd love to do that. I learned a little bit of Italian before, and I lived in Italy for like four months and I've since forgotten all of it. But but, but I'd love to do some shit like that for Koreans.
Speaker 13: Hard you know Korean exactly think, yeah, but the outfit's actually a lot easier than people think. Compared to Japanese and Chinese, Korean is actually like easier than English. There's only like twenty three letters, and there's no weird spellings like you know, like English, and the word like slight there's like a.
Speaker 5: Gene and h.
Speaker 13: Korean doesn't really have weird spelled words like that.
Speaker 1: Why are you afraid of people knowing that you like Korean culture?
Speaker 13: Well, there's a lot of and I've seen it too, people who are overly obsessed and like setishy with Asian culture. And as a white person, I really don't want people to think that I'm like that. I want to be accused of diagnosed autism, Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be accused of appropriating culture?
Speaker 13: Definitely not, definitely not. And when I'm actually there, it's not a problem. It's just since I've been back for the last quarantine months since they canceled my sendisa that Since then, I've been back in the swing of American life. I've been hearing a lot about BTS and it seems like, are you about.
Speaker 1: To be I have a friend who's upset. I don't understand it. But I got a friend who's I don't understands three o'clock in the morning to watch their concert.
Speaker 13: I honestly don't understand that.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 13: I do understand the height because I was into that stuff when I was in middle school. But I got it thoroughly bullied out of me, so so.
Speaker 1: Literally when you were younger, for like in Korean culture, and so now you're afraid to like it again openly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, basically for being a huge web And I was bullied when I was like fourteen. I went to a really.
Speaker 1: White to life and you're like and then you can You're like, oh, I have a car. Now I can go to the drive to the web conventions and ship. You know, you don't have to hang out with you can hang out whoever you want.
Speaker 13: You can tell in Korea who the white people are who are just there because they like I want to find a weird submissive wife, or they want to find a key pop boyfriend, or that there's like a whole type of white people that are legitimately weaves that live in the.
Speaker 1: Cre Okay, okay, okay, Emma, I'm sensing a little bit of self hatred here. Oh, because you can't be out here.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: You can't be out here. Fuck it. You can't be out here giving people ship for being weves. If you're a weed, that's just you trying to tell you were bullied for being a weeb, and now you're trying to take it up bulling other people.
Speaker 3: We shtud.
Speaker 13: This is the problem. Get go. My actual therapist doesn't know the Internet, and he doesn't know the things that shapes me as the twenty two year olds. He doesn't know what a weave is. But you're right, I am.
Speaker 1: You can't be giving ship to other weaves. That's that's because that's that's that's your self hatred.
Speaker 13: It's the superiority complex. It's the superiority complex because they actually speak the language. I just don't know what about it.
Speaker 1: Don't you don't want to be I don't want you can't be gate keeping the Wii boos. You can't be you can't be gate keeping.
Speaker 13: They gate keep themselves. I don't even interact with them. They do they day gate keep themselves. I bet in the chat they're probably doing it right now. I'm not looking at it because you told me not to when you were talking to the other people.
Speaker 1: But I bet that chat is frozen.
Speaker 13: I'm not going to check it. I'm scared. I don't like to hear my voice or too.
Speaker 1: That's okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 13: It's not healthy. It's not healthy, but you're right, it is. I am gatekeeping we aboz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what you got. And I think if anything, you know, the first way I mean this is this is some cheesy, you know, therapy e ship, but I do think it's real. If you want other people, you're gonna judge yourself the way other people, you're gonna judge yourself the way you judge with the people. So you can't be off here getting all pissed off at Wi a booz. If you yourself are Wi a bu, you gotta do the opposite, you know, if people are bullied. People bullied you for being a wee. I mean, you didn't like that, so you got to go out there and make it a better environment for weeds by not giving people shit.
Speaker 13: Oh but I don't like weeds. I don't want to give them a yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Here's the thing, here's what I think, and this is probably super bad. I think in a way, I'm grateful that I was bullied in the way that I was, because I have been diagnosed with autism, so I've always been as really awkward. But because I was bullied so hard in high school, I learned to capitalize on being a female in a certain way that made me have a superiority complex over the next beard weeds. Like I feel like they bullied me out of that. So now I'm like in a weird place between the weeds with autism, which I do have, and then with the people that bullied me, the normies.
Speaker 1: So you feel part and army and part autistic weave.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm definitely fully autistic. I've just been pretending, pretending to be like not a super web, to be not a weeb.
Speaker 12: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: A crap. I think my my stream diede whatever, h Look, And all I'll say is I think I think you should stop judging other people for being weeds. You stop having a superiority complets either because I mean, I don't know if it's you mentioned about you being a girl or you speaking the language.
Speaker 13: I should definitely get off Reddit then, because they're the ones who taught me to hate weeds.
Speaker 1: I don't hate weeds because I don't want you don't want to hear you don't want to hate yourself, Emma.
Speaker 13: So basically what I've learned from therapy today is I'm a huge weep.
Speaker 1: Then you gotta embrace it.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, Emma, I think we've made a lot of good progress here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, an invoice in the mail.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: This is great.
Speaker 1: A good night you too, Bye bye.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Home from Wendy.
Speaker 1: Hello Wendy.
Speaker 9: Oh hello, we are you?
Speaker 1: Are you in your right now?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: Is a signal bad?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I said, I heard a turn signal? Or I heard what I thought was a turn signal?
Speaker 12: Oh no, no, I'm uh I'm kind of walking next to the street right now, so probably a passing car.
Speaker 1: What are you doing out and about? What's what's your what kind of business are you tending to?
Speaker 12: Nothing bad? I'm walking my dog's right now with my.
Speaker 1: At are you with your dad.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's pretty far ahead of me right now. I was just watching the stream and thought it was really interesting to hear like all these different people's live stories and what they need advice on and stuff.
Speaker 1: What's your relationship like with your dad?
Speaker 12: It's pretty good, But I feel like I can't really talk with him about more serious kind of issues, you know, like I grew up in a kind of very very he's usual family, so it's not super like emotionally.
Speaker 1: Uh, we are you? Are you with your dad right now? Can you like hear you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can I Can I talk to him? Can I talk to your dad?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: He English is not.
Speaker 1: Does he speak? I know a few languages? Does he speak?
Speaker 12: He speaks Uh, Antonese.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't speak Canonese. But wait, is that why you're able to just have this conversation with me, with me about your dad right now, because he doesn't understand what the hell you're saying?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 15: Kind of yeah, So you're just you're right next to your dad talking about how you can't have serious conversations with your dad, but he doesn't know what you're saying because you're talking English.
Speaker 12: I think it's more like I can have famous conversations, but like say, for example, if I'm like talking about like, oh don't feel very good or you know, oh, I'm so stressed out about college right now, it's more of a oh like astral project away kind of scenario, you know, like the like stereotypical, like like a stereotypical type of relationships that you would see on TV.
Speaker 1: I guess, So who do you go to when you have to have these kinds of conversations.
Speaker 12: I guess I talked to my dogs.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I used to talk with my friends. Are uh, but I feel like with quarantine happening right now because I'm in the US, so you know, things are still pretty bad. Uh, I kind of realize how socially inept I am online, Like I can't really feel.
Speaker 1: Like you're more socially inft online than you are in person.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah, I have such a hard time. I know, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: I never heard someone say that they feel better like their social skills and on the internet are worse than on than in real life. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 12: I think it's like so hard because like in person, you can like see see someone's reaction and you can. There's like a lot of I'm like a pretty like physical comedy type of person, so like I use a lot of hand gestures when I'm talking and stuff. And yeah, I think I make friends a lot easier online or no, not online, so in person.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you've you've you've given us a the pretty decent picture of of who you are. And I don't have any idea what your hands look like.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's just a little bit difficult. I've tried, uh, like talking with people like on discord and stuff, like, I'll join servers where I think I have common interests, but it just feels very awkward. I feel a lot like a boomer, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I look, i'd say your problem is better than the opposite of your problem. I've heard way more of the opposite of it than I have of what you're telling me, so that it's good. I mean it's not good right now? Uh was your dad What was your dad saying? Oh?
Speaker 12: No, who you're saying something?
Speaker 1: What he said? What do you say? Are you sure I can't talk?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm pretty sure, you know.
Speaker 1: He No, I wouldn't take any.
Speaker 12: No, it's it's very like not at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair. I gotta learn some Cantonese.
Speaker 12: It's a it's a fun language, but the.
Speaker 10: Romanization is pretty pretty wacky.
Speaker 12: I mean, I guess like my issue was, like talking with people online is kind of why I called in the first place, because like I don't know how to approach like getting to know people without like any physical type of contact. I guess it's it's pretty hard for me. I was wondering what your great get advice.
Speaker 1: Is on that to get better at meeting people on the internet. Oh, yeah, you know what I would do if I were you. Honestly, Uh, you're here on reddit, you're here on our pan I'm using this stream right now. Uh, sort of in the way it was intended, but not really the real way that this this this subreddit was intended was for people to just go live with their front facing iPhone camera and just talk to chat. I think you should do that. I think you should stream on. You should take your phone, Uh, you go live on distance socializing and just start talking to chat and that'll get you used that that because that's you know, streaming is an interesting combination of I R L and it's it's like the it's perfect for you. It's per you should that you should go on distance socializing, and you should. It's perfect for you because it's the step. It's a step between IRL direction and computeraction because you are reactor IRL. Everyone can see your hand gestures, everyone can see your facial expressions in your physical comedy. But but it's still on the computer, so you get kind of the best of both worlds there.
Speaker 12: I've never considered streaming before. I guess it's kind of like a scary. It's kind of a scary concept because like it's weird. You know, like when you meet someone in person, you can kind of control. You can't really control whether they see you or not because you know you're in person. It's not like you can like blindfold everyone you meet before.
Speaker 1: You meet, right right right, But you like, but you said you prefer in person, so you prefer when people tell you, I mean, you can't hide yourself.
Speaker 12: Well, it's like when the choice is taken away. I learned to kind of deal with it. But this is kind of embarrassing. But I went I was feeling super alone, so I went on like I went on tender for a bit. No no, no, no, no, Tinder over over summer. I'm like not looking for a relationship. I just was like trying to learn how to talk to people. But I feel like when it came to like people who want to like video chat or stuff, it's like a really paralyzing type of feeling. Oh sorry if I have an accent by the way, I don't know, all right, just making sure, So.
Speaker 1: Okay, But so you prefer, so you prefer in person interaction to like video chatting.
Speaker 12: I mean I do too, but yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ei, there's something a little bit weird about it. But you're trying to But you're trying to build your skills, aren't you. You're trying to build your your repertoire. You're trying to become leaked, you're trying to become a gamer. You're trying to become a horrible Internet person.
Speaker 12: And I think I tell you Minecraft, Yeah, yeah, place streamer.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to find Minecraft friends, go to our slash the gamer's lounge, boot up some Minecraft, stream yourself playing some Minecraft and you'll make You'll make some friends in the chat.
Speaker 12: They'll be like, Hey, why did you even know you could do that? That's crazy? I'm pretty if.
Speaker 1: You can do this, you can do anything on here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll try to hook it up to my computer and figure out how to stream. Thank you so much, of course.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you calling in, Wendy and tell your dad. I said, Une, how.
Speaker 12: That's Mandarin? But yeah, I will definitely tell him.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for your time, absolutely, Wendy. You have a good night too.
Speaker 7: Come from Ben.
Speaker 1: Ben, what's the most interesting story you can tell?
Speaker 6: Man, don't put me on the spot like this, Ben.
Speaker 1: What's the most interesting story you can tell? I need I have to pee really badly, but I don't want ever one to leave, So I need someone with an interesting story to be able to hold the chat over for like a minute while I go pee.
Speaker 2: Can you do that for me?
Speaker 5: Ben?
Speaker 1: This is your call. This is your call, okay, I can you? Can you handle this for me?
Speaker 7: Ben?
Speaker 6: This is the first time I get I was like, I'll come back back.
Speaker 1: I'll come back and we can talk. But I have to pee so badly right now, Ben, and I need you right now. I love people. I need you right now. Can you help me out just as a personal thing to me? You don't have to do a good job I don't need you to do a good job. It doesn't have to be a good story. I just needed to be a story. If you can, if you can, if you can say words, because look I don't I don't do anything. I just say random you ever watch the stream, I don't do anything. I just talk, all right. It doesn't have to be interesting at all. You don't need to do a good job. You just gotta say words. It's all I need you to do. Ben, That's all I need to do, just for like a minute. Okay, okay, all right, Ben, I'm gonna go to the bathroom and and I'll be back.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, all right, I'll talk to you soon. Man, all right, right, christ guys, I I really just wanted to talk to the Get Go man like, and they put me on the spot like this. This is embarrassing. Hi, guys, I'm reading the chat uncle Ben. That's a pretty good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know, uh, I guess I saw I saw this guy. He was on Reddit. I was just kind of like really tired and opened up Reddit and I saw a get Go doing therapy and I thought, hey, that's that's pretty cool. I don't know, I got nothing hopefully I can get discuss some more subs. I think it was pretty good. I'm glad you guys believe in me. This is really been nice.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: I gotta be honest with that. I couldn't. I couldn't skip this as soon as I saw it scrolling. What's my job? I mean right now? I just freelance a story about dude. I don't have a story, man, I got nothing? Uh sing a song? Yeah, I'm definitely not giving that. What kind of freelance do I do? I freelance part so people came in money to do that, so that's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Tell us about there, beny there ye Ben?
Speaker 7: You did it?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: You did it, Ben, Ben. Ben. By the way, I want you to know, Ben. I want you to know, Ben, you were perfect. You're perfect. I heard you towards the end being like, fuck, I don't have a story, and I was like, no, Ben, Ben, I told you didn't need a story. All you had to do was talk, and goddamn it, you did it. You spoke, You said words, words came out of your mouth for the entire time. They don't have to have the mean I mean, look, you watch my stream, Ben if you want. I don't say anything. I don't do. But but that's all I You've got talk. That's all you did. But I'm proud of you.
Speaker 9: Ben.
Speaker 1: You looked at the st Ben. You got to start your own stream. Have you ever streamed?
Speaker 6: I've tried before.
Speaker 8: Wasn't very immigrative and have the personality for it?
Speaker 6: I just dreamed, art, Ben.
Speaker 1: You don't need personality, you just need words.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know you're probably right about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, actually I had a question for you, if you don't mind hit me.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 6: All right, he says, your area codes four O one? Are you do you live in Rhode Island?
Speaker 1: No, it's a fake fun number.
Speaker 6: Oh it's fake for a number.
Speaker 8: Okay, I say, I asked that because I.
Speaker 6: Used to live in Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: See just then, right, you put me on the spot. Look, because am I. There was a split second just then where I was like, should I make a joke? And then I thought in my head like all the jokes I would make, And then I thought I'm just gonna say words, and I said them, Ben, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's you know, you'd make a very good point. And I think that's a pretty good alg word for life.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You don't always have to be funny or good or have or do things. You know, you just say words in life to people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and sometimes that's like that's all you need. I feel like people take that for especially right now.
Speaker 1: How so, how do you think they take them for granted right now?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, just you know, world's on fire. Things are pretty crazy, and I think everybody's now slowing down a little bit and not necessarily smelling the roses, but they're they're definitely paying attention. And I think that before we definitely took things for granted, and now that we're you know, we're in the middle of everything that's been going on. I mean, it's, uh, it's a lot different.
Speaker 1: M What do you feel like you took for granted the most?
Speaker 6: You know, I just feel like going out and like being able to go out and talk to people and like going out the stores in public, you know, being around more than five people at once and breathing air. That was I mean, I breathed so much air, Like I breathe a lot of air.
Speaker 1: Are you are you a social guy? Are you are you an extrovert?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I honestly, I would say that's probably true. I think that's that's how I would describe myself. I think there are times where I like wax and wing, where I definitely feel more extroverted, and then there are times where I definitely feel more introverted. But for the most part, I prefer to be around other people. I think I get a lot of energy from other people.
Speaker 1: But you don't fancy yourself. But why do you say When I asked you at streaming, you said you don't consider yourself to have much of a of a personality. I don't know if that's just like streaming or whatever, But what makes you say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, If I was going to clarify that, I would say, I'm not like extremely witty by nature. I think there are people that are just really good are thinking on their feet and being really witty and clever, and that's not something that I think that takes a lot of practice, not something I have a lot of practice with. So when it comes to like live streaming and like, you know, riffing out with other people and like kind of playing up things like and yess and that sort of thing, now I find that relatively difficult. So I don't think that streaming is is for me Plus another thing I really noticed, like when I would stream, is like I would have to pay attention to what's going on in chat and then a good from what I was doing at the same time. And well it was a little difficult, but I I understand how other people do it. I mean, it's definitely a skill in its own right.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely an a D D rattled thing. Yeah, but you said you were an artist. You streamed art.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it was a digital.
Speaker 1: But where can we can Are you willing to shout yourself out right?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Can we see your Instagram? I think the people the people, the people love you, Ben. Where can we where can we see you?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, man, that's really sweet of you.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to if you don't want to. But the it's you know, the opportunity is there.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, So the reason why I say that is because everybody's called me Ben, and I've actually been watching the chat and these guys everybody's been really nice, and I really dream my name is not actually Ben. You hear one hundred percent correct, Just like you're how your phone number wasn't real. My name isn't actually been so.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 6: People are probably gonna hate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, please, I look, I prefer with well, first, okay, first of all, two things. What I mean, Look, there's something wrong with giving a fake name. I expect people to get fake names. It makes me more comfortable people get fick names. Two, However, I don't know you at all. I'm not sure if I'll ever Look, I can't count on the fact that we would ever speak again. So your name being fake or not be Ben to me, might as well be your real name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Now, what is your home address?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm that was tough because I don't even know that off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: You know, do you really not know your home address off the top of your I'm just kidding, man, See, Ben, You're witty. You did it? Ben, God, this is such a fucking character arc for you. I love this so much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know this is this is definitely like end of the end of season anime kind of character arc. I really appreciate that coming out of my show a little bit. And you know, I really got you to thank for it, man, I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely been by the way, Lyle is not my real.
Speaker 6: Name, you know, I'm That's that's totally fine with me. I mean names, names are just worth that people say and they.
Speaker 1: Don't even mean anything, right, goddamn right, I'm in Lyle is my real name, but it doesn't matter because words are just things that people say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how about this, I'll put my link in the in the chat, but I won't say it out loud, just because I want I want to feel good better about myself.
Speaker 1: Sure, I got I don't know if you're on Reddit or Twitch right now, but.
Speaker 6: I'm on Twitch, okay, rock and we'll put your put.
Speaker 1: Your thing in Twitch and we'll all right, we'll.
Speaker 6: Party for I just like plug the link, all right.
Speaker 8: How are you doing though?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Before before I hit out, I just want to make sure you're doing okay. That's everything going on.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm chilling, I'm in the I'm in the lake or whatever thing. Yeah, but cool, but man, thank you for for for calling. I'm happy, I'm this, this this turned out well. You know what. You you did a good job. You know I I I needed you and you came through perfectly. So so Ben, thank you, thank you again. And and I hope you have a.
Speaker 3: Good rest of the night.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I just followed, so that's me in a second. But there I posted my link. But hey, man, thanks for taking my call and I hope you're doing well and you know, stay safe, be safe and everything that's ever good night man, take care, brother, take it easy.
Speaker 1: Uh. People who watch know that there's nothing I love more. There's nothing I fucking love more in in in therapy, Gecko. There's nothing that that tickles me harder than a than a fucking character arc. Nothing, nothing gets me off, nothing makes my mouth salivate harder than a than a juicy circular character arc. And my god, was that a character arc. I thought he wasn't gonna be able to. I thought he was gonna hang up when I asked him to to to, you know, to tell us that story. But he did tell us his story. He he you know what, he did, tell us an interesting story, told us the story of himself. All right, that was an arc, right there, He did it, dude, And Ben does get me off. This is true, zombie, you said, warp warp bacon zombie. Yees, what you're gonna have to explain that for me?
Speaker 8: Well it's that you broke up.
Speaker 1: Sorry you said your name is what forsaken zombie?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm in the chat.
Speaker 1: Do you have a good life?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, actually really good life.
Speaker 1: If you have, if you go kind of thing, will do you? Let's do your thing. I'm tired of my things?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, I mean my anger is a bit out of control, especially when I'm dealing with comcasts. Like it's really really bad. Okay, I don't know how to handle it, Like they just picked me off so much. I started punching holes in walls and everything and spending way too much money because of comcasts.
Speaker 1: What's your motivation to stop doing this?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 8: I don't know what. How do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, all right, so you want to stop being so mad at the comcast?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah? But they they do everything they can to just like literally tick you off.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about hire? I'll tell you what I told the people. Look, I'm gonna tell you what I told the people who who bribes me to try to get on this show. You know, hires someone overseas. You know, you got to play them like they're playing like you're play You gotta play them like they're playing you. Right, You got to hire someone overseas to just hang on the line with Comcast for you got to get an assistant to do it. I'm down, I wish, I mean, I'm not. I'm half serious, but I'm also dead serious. You can do this.
Speaker 8: But it's not just the holding times, it's the stupidity of every person that works in there. Like, I have really dark thoughts about this company. I'm not kidding, very dark. They scare me, can you switch? No, it's the only service available in my area.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I know, can you move?
Speaker 8: I'm literally in the process of buying a house that does not have Comcasts for that reason. But yeah, in the meantime, my bills all screwed up. They're telling me they want all this freaking money, and I'm refused to pay them. I say, no, go screw yourself, and like, you know, I want to stick to my guns and I not pay them because it's going to you know, they're probably gonna try to throw it on my credit, which I really don't want to do. I have excellent credit, but I don't want to pay them money that I don't owe them. And they how much, like seven.
Speaker 1: How much? Does okay? Well, well, will all this go away if you pay them seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I could probably wash my hands of them at this point.
Speaker 1: All right, I mean, look, everyone has their own values with money, right, and everyone has their own financial situations. You just bought a house. I don't know what your financial situation is like. But look at me personally, I do sit I found myself doing shit like that. I'm like, what is the easiest way? And this is not me giving you advice, but I'm always like, what is the fucking easiest way out of this? And if the answer is to give someone seven hundred dollars, and if I'm that fucking pissed, I might just do it.
Speaker 8: No, that might be the best I know.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do that, but like, would it again? Not again? Not advice, not not advisatory stuff here, but I mean, how bad they're that? Are they pissing you off so hard that you would just pay seven hundred dollars to stop?
Speaker 8: The thing? Is like all year, right. I used to be a streamer myself, but I stopped because I can't because Comcast is absolute shit and they should just burn to the ground. But I've been literally dropping packets left and right, So I can't have a consistent like connection anymore. And so they send tech after tech after tech out and now they're charging me one hundred dollars a pop for these stupid texts to come out and try to fix my internet and they never fix it. And now they're charging one hundred dollars every time for internet that's not working. How does that make sense? Like, screw you? Like, what the fuck? I'm not gonna pay this exactly?
Speaker 1: How when do you move to the new house?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 8: Nick month, we're packing right now?
Speaker 1: Can you fight?
Speaker 3: Fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, want to fuck up your credit? Though, I don't want to ever give any advice about financial ship. But dude, if it's actually I mean, I don't know how much of this you're you're playing up for exaggeration. I don't know how much of this I'm playing up for exaggeration.
Speaker 8: Oh it's this is a fact. I'll show you. I'll show you the bill.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, not not not no no, I'm not I'm not talking about playing up the situation. I'm talking about playing up your emotions regarding it. But if you're that fucking if you're punching holes in your walls. I think sometimes I I I think sometimes it's okay to take l's when when people fuck you over, because sometimes the sometimes the L is less painful than the fight.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I know you're not gonna do it. You don't want to do that. I'm just throwing it out there philosophically that the L can sometimes be less painful than the fight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of saying I would do it, I'm just saying the L might be less painful than the than the fight. I don't know how much you know cash you have. I don't know if you have seven hundred dollars to just spend on an L. But sometimes sometimes you might have taken out Sometimes.
Speaker 8: You may be right. I mean I do get a I do get significant amount of wins in my life to counteract it. So I should I should be happier person.
Speaker 1: But I'm just exactly, you have a great life. You have a great life.
Speaker 8: That's that's very true. I got a cockplayer girlfriend or wife. I don't even know why. I just told her my girlfriend the cockplaying wife, which is awesome. You know, we'll get to all the comic cons do all the geeky stuff together, play video games and all that. She's bisexual, so she brings home women all the time. It's freaking awesome. I have a great life.
Speaker 12: Get out of fucking What do you.
Speaker 1: Do when he's punching walls in your house and punching the whole.
Speaker 8: I don't know my problem.
Speaker 12: I can't control it.
Speaker 1: I can't Pomcast can have this one. The CEO of Comcast doesn't have a hot costplay wife, that is, you know, going around having three sums and chilling. He's stressed out of his mind. He's got to run Comcast. That sounds to Let him have this.
Speaker 8: I just want to choke the CEO out, just one time.
Speaker 3: Let him have it.
Speaker 1: He is sad. This is all he has. You're seven hundred dollars all he has, forsaken zombie, do it for him, think about him. He's all he has. He's lonely, he's upset.
Speaker 9: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 8: Well, all right, well, I appreciate the advice, man, and uh, I'll try to cool it down and maybe take it to heart to just take these wins for what they are and then and sat off to the losses. But man, I don't know. I just my pride just hurts so bad to do something.
Speaker 1: Like don't don't don't do let him, let him have it, let them have the take the l. The l is sometimes better than the fight. But I'm not saying you should do anything I I I don't take that. Don't quote me on that anyway. F Z, thank you very much, and I hope you have a good rest of the night. And I hope you don't punch any more walls me.
Speaker 8: Too, especially in the new house. You have a good night, man, have.
Speaker 1: A good night later, ladies and gentlemen. That's our show. Thank you for listening. What what did we learn today? I feel like we learned a lot about love. We learned about new love and old love. We learned a lot about hate too. I learned about hating Comcast and loving having two hundred dollars more than you would have had to have if you if you had to pay Comcast. So that would be our lesson for this evening. You can call The Get Go every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at ten pm Eastern Standard Time on Twitch dot tv slash lyle forever l y L E f O R E V E R that's Twitch dot tv slash l y l e f O R e v e R. If you enjoyed the show and you want to support, you can head on over to patreon dot com slash Lyle forever to sign up there for exclusive streams and all sorts of goodies. Follow me on Instagram at Lyle the Number four Ever and Hallelujah, Happy Hanukkah to those who are celebrating, and I love you all, and Hail Satan, and have a lovely rest of the day. I'm in love with all of you. We're all in love together. We're all gonna form a commune, and I'm excited. You're excited. All right, I'll see you later.
Speaker 5: Did not resid