Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim stenovek Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to some of the individual gainers if I may, and it's Fix Fix as the ticker Comfort Systems number one gainer in the S and P five hundred, hitting an all time high today at least intra day. That's stuck up about six and a half percent here in the session. It provides heating, ventilation, air conditioning system installation, all that good stuff. Firm reported revenue for the fourth quarter that beat the average analyst estimate. Keep in mind this is a stock that has been on a tear this year. It's up about sixty percent, so some more momentum to the upside in today's trade. Flip it on over to General Electric, finishing just its best levels of the session. It too, hit an all time high in the session today, finishing the day with a gain of about two and a half percent. Morgan Stanley initiating with a recommendation of overweight, citing the engine manufacturer's durable services growth, strong pricing power, and pristine balance sheet. The analyst there says Wall Street estimate underestimates, I should say, long term free cash flow with further upside from earnings revisions and multiple expansion. They set a price target of four hundred and twenty five dollars to share, stock closing at three forty three and change. So some upside certainly on that one stock is up about eleven percent year to date, and then the number one gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred we're talking about Alphabet up about four percent here and this one One of the things that kind of stood out for me was a Wall Street Journal story that says that Google is exploring new ways to expand the market for its AI chips to better compete with Nvidia. So the company increasing its financial support to a network of data center partners, including a potential one hundred million dollars investment in cloud competing startup fluid Stack. But I think it's interesting as we get ready for Nvidia's results.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our video results was that next Wednesday, right, twenty fifth, Yeah, I have full coverage right on the here on the clothes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Well before then let's take a look at the decliner's Blue Owl shares down four percent, down ten point four percent on the week. Now. On Thursday, the alternative asset manager restricted withdrawals from one of its retail focused private credit funds, so that alone sparking some fears here about just how much liquidity there is in this asset class. Of course, there's been a lot of scrutiny in recent weeks on private credit. Bloomberg also reporting last night the Blue Owl did find four buyers for a one point four billion dollar portfolio of loans to help pay out investors. But the decline the trade today really reflecting those broader fears that investors are having about ill liquidity in private credit and potential losses. I do want to go to Walmart, though we were talking just a few minutes ago about how a lot of these commerce consumer focus comes. He's not moving much on the tariff news. I think Walmart is a good example. The stock in the red, but only down one point five percent. They did cut they got a recommendation cut over at HSBAC, the analyst there cutting the retailer to hold and saying that the company's fourth quarter results. The other day were solid, but the outlook for twenty twenty six is surprisingly weak given solid trends. Nevertheless, though it wasn't a big move downward in Walmart, but keeping an eye on that. And then finally, core Weave shares down eight percent. The stock did have its biggest inter day drop at one point, though since November it was down about twelve percent. Business Insider reporting that Blue Owl, yes, the same Blue Owl from just a minute ago, was unable to secure financing for a four billion dollar data center project that will be occupied by core Weave. So this speaks to a lot of the fears in the market about there's a lot of credit funding these data centers to power AI. Is this actually going to create yeah, real revenue here or is it going to lead to losses?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And just an honorable mention too, I just want to point out the drop that we saw in cybersecurity stocks today, including some of the names like Zscaler, Cloud Flair, crowds Strike down about eight percent here on the back of that release of this new anthropic tool apparently related to security features and it's clawed AI model. We do need to check yields just real quickly here. Of course, higher on the day and higher on the week, the entire curve shifting up. Here, your two year yield up about two basis points. Keep an eye on that three point five percent, as we're just about four weeks away from the next FED decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's fascinating that you went there, and I think it's important because I think going into Friday, we all thought we were going to be talking about the inflation print and the economic data this morning, the hot inflation print, weaker growth, but it certainly shifted to that US Supreme Court ruling against the president's you know what, is a key part of his platform. I guess at this point Katie now goes to what comes next from the president, the workaround that maybe he gets to do so that he can continue to impose Terris. But I guess we have to wait and see.
Speaker 4: Here, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A conversation that Romayn and I have been having on the close is what this means for the twenty twenty six mid terms. It's going to be really interesting. There was a great column from our own Sean Donna about basically that this is secretly a gift to Trump. I don't know if many others would go as far. But he does point out that you take a look at the polling, a lot of the Americans poll weren't approving of how he was handling the economy. So from that sense, if he does have to retool, if this does help in terms of some of the affordability measures, that maybe that will be reflected in November.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm curious at how that's going to be reflected in the State of the Union speech, Like how this gets spun, because when I saw the press conference, I thought we were going to get more of that pitch, although you know it was more just emotion and grievance. But obviously he's got some time to refine that message, a message that presumably will actually be written by a speechwriters.
Speaker 2: This stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies make news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.