Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour on the final day. How did it happen so quickly? Here? Amazing. I want to thank all of the great folks people at the Exchange Pickleball Place here, the Pickleball Place in New Orleans for hosting us, all the great people who made this possible the entire week. Here. Also, King Sawaiian has some food. They fired up the trigger grills. They have the Shrimp Po Boy sliders, the MVP Slider, the Mulfi Coast Slider. We'll have those on display coming up in about forty minutes from now eight seven to seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at TP show. We'll get to more phone calls, seat and pull question for the final hour the program as well.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see.
Speaker 4: Let me update you real quick on the percentage of people that are rooting for the Eagles, because that is going significantly in one direction. It's actually getting close even oh rebounding a little bit. It's now a fifty four percent Eagles. Okay, that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: The NFL honors last night Josh Allen MVP, which is surprising. I gave you a stat earlier in the show, I'll bring it back. He got the MVP. He's the first player in twenty one years to win the MVP without being selected First Team All Pro had twenty seven of the fifty first place votes. Lamar Jackson had twenty three first place votes, and that's the smallest difference between first and second since Peyton Manning and Steve McNair declared co MVPs with sixteen first place votes each back in two thousand and three. Also Kevin O'Connell Coach of the Year, and that's the second fourteen win season in the last three years. This second Vikings coach to win the award. The other coach, of course, the great Bud Grant, that was back in nineteen sixty nine. Some NBA stuff. Last night, Lebron had forty two and seventeen. I think he's the oldest to get forty and the young to get forty in NBA history. You're going to have all the records when it's all said and done. But at age forty, the oldest player to have a thirty to fifteen game as well, now five games with thirty or more points since turning forty. That ties in with Michael Jordan as well. Anthony Edwards went for forty nine on the Bulls last night, and the Joker went for twenty eight, twelve and ten. So he has twenty four triple doubles. That's the most by any player prior to the All Star Break. That was Russell Westbrook back in twenty eighteen. Didn't he win the MVP that year?
Speaker 5: He did as a six seed.
Speaker 2: As a sixth seed, yep, Oh, they.
Speaker 5: Weren't very good. Look, he got a triple double, so they gave.
Speaker 6: It to him.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know that.
Speaker 2: It made it easy for the voters. They go, he averaged a triple double. Now it feels like everybody is sort of got the chance. How many triple doubles did ninety one players have had triple doubles so far?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think Melachai Flynn got one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Bally.
Speaker 7: What if we make a tough and now it's going to be a triple dozen, triple dozen? Yeah, now it's a more of an accomplishment, just a touch more.
Speaker 3: But I bet that was.
Speaker 2: You have to have at least twelve assists in twelve rebounds, or you have to twelve.
Speaker 3: Twelve, twelve or more. Trip does Marv.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll get phone calls coming up. Let's bring in Josh Jacobs, the Green Bay Packers running back. I'm looking at what he did this past season. Thirteen hundred yards, fifteen touchdowns, First team All Pro, He's a three time Pro bowler, NFL rushing yards leader. In twenty twenty two he was All rookie, won a national championship at Alabama. Uh so there's a lot of stuff there. Wow, that's a damn good You look ready to go. Fawn out, Josh. All right, alright, alright, John looks like he's ready to go. He's got his He brought his shoulder pads here as well. You are ready for the game. Those are the X Tech shoulder pads. So you'll talk about the technology there. This is the thirteenth year that number one shoulder pads in the NFL, and should want football. So and you use those.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I used those, man X Tech since I came in probably my junior year of college, reached out to me and let me try it out. I went over, flew over to the headquarters, got to see you know, what they all, what they all was about.
Speaker 9: And then I mean, I think ninety percent of the guys in the NFL.
Speaker 8: Right now, and where them all the elite college guys wear them. I mean, if you just look last year in the league, guys that you brought up, Josh Allen Pass, certain my favorite linebacker, Fred Warner, all of these guys, word is for me a light You know, you don't feel anything, And I haven't had any injuries from the shoulder or anything since I since warned them.
Speaker 9: So I'm gonna worm them my whole career.
Speaker 2: So you can be friends with the linebacker Fred Warner.
Speaker 9: Bro a lot.
Speaker 8: It's it's more of a respect thing. He's he's the best. He's the best I've.
Speaker 9: Ever been against.
Speaker 2: So what makes him so great His instincts.
Speaker 8: I would say, how fast he is and how physical he is, and he doesn't take a playoff like he's one of them guys that he's the leader of that defense for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, but who's the other guy? Like when you get to the line of scrimmage, you know you're getting the ball. Yeah, let's say Jalen Carter's there. Yeah, Well let's say no, I don't know who else you would go? Where is he? How many players do you go where is that guy?
Speaker 9: I would say most of the time, I never look at the defensive line never.
Speaker 2: You don't care.
Speaker 8: When I'm running the ball, I manipulate them. I don't really, I don't really too much look at them. So I look at the linebackers and safeties, and it's only a few safeties to me that actually want that type of type of smoke. So, I mean, I like, I like Buddha Baker.
Speaker 9: He's one of them.
Speaker 8: He'll hit you wherever he's around the ball every play. He's one of them guys. He's gonna come down, he's trigger fast, he's gonna make a play. Brian Branch is low key the same way too. So those guys got my respect. A lot of people just okay.
Speaker 2: So those defense defensive backs where you go, don't even don't even Yeah, now.
Speaker 9: You can look at their eyes dah nah, but.
Speaker 2: You don't do like Dereck Henry. Dereck Henry is like get out of here and like, you know, NOx him to the sidelines there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, see, I try him.
Speaker 8: I always try to run him over early because I always notice either two things that happen. Either they gonna sit and catch the next time, or they gonna shoot low, so I kind of just like, yeah, we's at the tong r What do you mean shoot and catch like they're sitting catch like they literally stop their feet and wait for it and secure the tackle, or they'll literally just dive int your legs, so like it's either or so like basically, you run them over early you can set up the juke, or you set up your other moves later.
Speaker 2: But what do you think of that dB goes for your legs.
Speaker 9: I think he's I think they saw but I understand.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me the defensive back though that's soft. That did that too.
Speaker 9: Almost.
Speaker 2: Uh you got the tattoos any getting of significance there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so this one right here so fun fact, everything on the left side of my is basically the tattoos. I feel like it's more of an importance. All of my tattoos have meanings, but it's more of an important importance because they say the left veins run to your heart first.
Speaker 9: So like I got like my family.
Speaker 8: Members, like my kids, my grandma, stuff like that on the left side.
Speaker 2: No goofy tattoos nah, And don't get a woman's name tattoos nah nah? No, Ok, yeah you're comfortable wearing that bracelet out there. There's a lot going on there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I spent I spend a lot of time out here. I'm used to, Like I can get around this city without GPS and all of that. Like my roommate in college was Erv Smith tight End. He's from New Orleans. So like every holiday or break or anything, I had always came out here because going home to Oklahoma was too far.
Speaker 9: So like and boring and boring.
Speaker 8: Uh So, like we always used to come out here and then like right when the like spring got over with or the season was over where we got down with training.
Speaker 9: It was always like Marty Gars season.
Speaker 8: So we used to always call of like the half of the whole team used to always come back and come here.
Speaker 2: So you imagine if you'd gone down my shoot instead of Alabama. Nah, I don't like them colors, but you would have fun.
Speaker 9: It would have fun.
Speaker 2: Sure, How did how did coach Saban close?
Speaker 6: You? Man?
Speaker 8: The crazy thing is so I didn't I didn't have any stars coming out from high school and so like it's funny because Saban actually just told the story probably like two weeks ago. I've never I've never told the story, but I didn't have any stars. So one day I'm at basketball practice and Burton Burns, he's actually from Louisiana.
Speaker 9: He comes out and then he watches me.
Speaker 8: Who and he was like, man, like, I'm not even he told me, said, man, I'm not even supposed to be here. Like he said, I some people told me about you at another school, another school I was visiting.
Speaker 9: I decided to make a stop.
Speaker 8: He was like, I was gonna be here for like five minutes, end up staying for like two hours.
Speaker 9: Had a conversation.
Speaker 8: And then when I took my visit and I sat down with Save, I think the theme that sold me the most was we never talked about football. The only thing he talked to me about was how he could make me a better person and how he can grow me as a man and set me up for positions to have to be secure when I'm done playing a game. And that's the thing that sold me the most.
Speaker 2: And you, of course validated the these nuts the first report years ago, like whenever we bring anybody from Alabama. I had Bryce young on I go these nuts and he started giggling and I said, coach Saban, you know he did authenticated. I did ask coach Saban, you say these nuts? He goes yeah, Yeah, I'd say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, people don't give him a love credit for how funny he really is.
Speaker 2: Well we're seeing him on TV now and the personality is coming out of fact. But Bryce said, if he said these nuts, that was a good thing. Yeah, like he was in a good mood. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 8: I would say, I would say, if he's around with you, then one he liked you, and then two he was definitely in a good move that day.
Speaker 2: What was it like when he was not in a good movie.
Speaker 8: I think I was only on his bad side maybe one time. Like I was one of them people like I never missed workouts. I like never missed class, Like I kind of like did everything the right way.
Speaker 9: I remember one game we had bumped heads a little bit. It was actually my junior year. It was against Oh Miss.
Speaker 8: I had got like a ton and penalty after I scored, so you know, he he he laid into me and I was like, okay, so you know you got to eat that. And then he came back and laid into me again, like probably like a driver or two later, and like I got up and we kind of like went back and forth, and then after that.
Speaker 9: Me and him became like best friends. So it's crazy.
Speaker 8: I think one thing about saving he he's so used to people walking on eggshells around him that anybody that has the I guess the gusts to stand up to him, he kind of like respects it in a different level.
Speaker 2: He's Josh Jacobs. He's the Green Bay Packers run back and joining us on behalf of x Tech Shoulder Pads, the latest in technology thirteen years the number one pad Pro and Division one. How would you sum up Saquon Barkley's season.
Speaker 8: Man, I mean, he had an electric season. You know, obviously, you know they have a really good team over there. He has probably the greatest office of line and you know in football this year, what's he do different? What you do better than you? I say that his top end speed for sure, top end speed ev sliding and he just does like you could tell he just looks like he's having fun, Like he's just creating.
Speaker 9: Like when you're in that zone.
Speaker 8: It's like I feel like you just create, and it looks like he's in that zone a lot.
Speaker 2: What's that feeling like when you're in the zone as a running back for me.
Speaker 8: For me, everything slows down. It almost kind of feels like you moving the slow most and everything like I can the only thing I can hear is myself brief like literally it's weird like but and it feels like every play like you're about to score, every play you touched the ball.
Speaker 2: You're welcome to the NFL. Moment was what.
Speaker 9: Welcome to the NFL. Probably my rookie year.
Speaker 8: We played the Vikings at the Bank and that was the year that they had like I think everybody on their defense played together for like three or four years, and I remember like my first, second, and third option was all gone. I'm like, where do you want me to go? That was the first time I ever felt like, bro.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 9: Cannot do anything. You help me. Yeah. Yeah, they was good.
Speaker 2: And so they roughed you up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they definitely roughed me up.
Speaker 8: I was like, Okay, I understood it now, like the thought process, the you know, the mentality that it took in all of those things.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, they legit, But did they welcome you to the end, Like did they say stuff to you? Like the opposition?
Speaker 9: See, people always try to be my friend in the game.
Speaker 8: It's not too many people that just come up and like we go back and forth because I tell people like, man, please do I turn you up?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 9: Please? Did not turn you up?
Speaker 8: Because I was really you know, I'm I'm going about my business, but like, don't bring it, don't bring it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what would make you mad? Where you do turn it?
Speaker 9: Un Like I.
Speaker 8: Remember it like last year, right, So I had got like an eight yard game and the dude made a tackle.
Speaker 9: When he started celebrating, I'm like, that's a loss for you. Like what are we talking about? Like that's a loss. So like stuff like that.
Speaker 8: Like I said, people don't get too crazy crazy with me for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess like like you know, but it's just like some of these other running back Derrick Henry, I'm not gonna make it mad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus he's he's his biggest defensive lineman.
Speaker 8: Yeah he's I tell people all the time. He's a running back in the defensive ends body for sure.
Speaker 2: But he's a Hall of Famer right now.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, its definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you want to play another position when you were growing up?
Speaker 8: So I coming out of high school, I had offers from like TCU, for dB.
Speaker 9: So like I play, I played defense.
Speaker 8: I was also one eighty at the time, uh so, like I was moving a lot, a lot better.
Speaker 9: But I couldn't see myself playing defense. I always want to hit a guy.
Speaker 8: I always wanted to be the guy that like make the plays and you know, set the tone and things like that.
Speaker 2: So don't you want to be that guy like Honey Badger or somebody and just hit somebody.
Speaker 8: It just seems so boring though, Like that's the thing like defense, Like if I'm playing corner, I really don't. Like, you know, you only make a play when the ball come your way, like, but I feel like you can create more. You have more creativity, you know, when you touching the ball and you getting it a lot.
Speaker 2: Do you care who wins Sunday?
Speaker 9: Nah? Not really.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna watch the game?
Speaker 9: Nah, I'm not gonna watch the game.
Speaker 10: Nah.
Speaker 8: I couldn't tell you. The last Super Bowl I watched, last foot ball I watched was probably like middle school. Honestly, Yeah, so I couldn't. I couldn't tell you. But obviously I got a lot of teammates that's on the Eagles, so I'm like rooting for them. But like at the same time. I played against Patrick Mahons twice basically my whole career.
Speaker 9: Man, I wouldn't bet against them.
Speaker 2: What was Mahomes like when he was at Texas Tech.
Speaker 9: He was a dog. He was a dog.
Speaker 2: But you knew that he would like I thought he was. I didn't know he'd beat this, Yeah, but I knew he was entertaining.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I remember seeing a lot about him, and I'm like Texas Tech like he was the only reason why I knew who Texas Tech was.
Speaker 9: Really a lot.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It's great to see him. And uh, once again, it's X tech the X tech pad, so it's the letter X and then tech pads dot com and uh, you can check out these shoulder pads that can make you run just like Josh Jacobs does.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I brought an extra parage. That's in case anybody want to line it up with me.
Speaker 2: You know, right there during the commercial break, PAULI had he likes to take on people. Uh, it doesn't go well for Paulie. You don't want any of this job. No, you don't know, you don't. I'll take the glasses off. By the way, Chicago Bears fan, it's the Bear.
Speaker 8: I think they have a really good team, but you know, it all starts with the Pack.
Speaker 2: Well does it start with the Panic, start with the Lions.
Speaker 8: I mean the Lions had a good a year or two, but I mean if you look at the last ten twelve years, it's.
Speaker 2: The Pack for sure. I think Vikings pretty good too. Do you shovel your own snow in Green Bay?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yeah no. It actually the only snow maybe twice last year.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't snow in Oklahoma?
Speaker 6: Does it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 9: Sometimes sometimes?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You got to get rich used to that cold, though. It's tough to get used to that cold.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it's not that bad because we practice in it, but when it's the days that it's wet, it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, yeah, great, you see. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 9: Appreciate Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 2: Green Bay Packers running back, take a break back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 12: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 12: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 11: I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, i'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search kobeen on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: That escalated quickly. If you're familiar with the Oklahoma drill, that's where you have two players and they're they're lying down on the ground and then their heads are i don't know, a couple of feet apart, and they're faced in opposite directions, and then all of a sudden, you go, you know, said hut, they get up and then they go at each other and either try to run by or they try to tackle. So Josh Jacobs was kind enough to put on shoulder pads X tech shoulder pads Pauli, and they brought an extra pair, and Paulie goes, hey, I'd kind of like a piece of Josh Jacobs and I go, are you sure? So if you're watching on peacock, now, that's slow motion because in real time, real speed, it was over real quick. And Paulie got banged up a little bit there. Yeah that's yeah, paul you got a rug burn.
Speaker 3: Now that's from the what do you call it? The camera I hit the camera base. I jump. I jumped your call because I'm like, maybe I can get up.
Speaker 7: Just before Josh is ready, he lifted me like a child and dropped me hard.
Speaker 2: I know, well, you said you wanted you normally do this every Super Bowl where you go, you know, Clay Matthews is in here. I'm gonna take your shout. Remember Michael's well, I know you remember Michael Strahan and Dallas. He I kind of drove you over a railing.
Speaker 7: This was harder than that because Josh dropped me on the floor and that's a hard point.
Speaker 3: But that was as a Bears fan.
Speaker 2: That was a thrill.
Speaker 6: Dang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he found out you were a Bears fan, it's like, oh, maybe a little extra sauce there. Well, all you have to do is last, you know, thirty five more minutes.
Speaker 6: I'd like to.
Speaker 3: Announce my retirement from these activities.
Speaker 9: That was a thrill, though.
Speaker 2: Who's the one who hit you in the head? You wearing a helmet?
Speaker 7: It was mad for Matt fo And I wear one of those helmets that you would sign at Super Bowl week, so there's not real padding in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was nauseous. That was a hard hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he rattled you. By the way, you can get in touch eight seven to seven three DP show on Monday, we'll be back at the home Man Cave and the Hall of Famer Steve Young will wrap up Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Take a look at my helm I can't see it, and I saw on the camera oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a welt. Yeah, you're gonna have to ce that down here, good time. I think you're you're questionable, maybe doubtful, doubtful, doubtful. Uh, the current odds. We'll have that with the Super Bowl. We got prop bets as well. We're going to tell you. Uh, you guys want to do that now? You want to make your Super Bowl prediction?
Speaker 3: We could do predictions or write the headline. We can do them both.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you guys ready to write the headline? So Sunday's headline? You write it today and then for Monday. So write it today for Monday, and then the score and the MVP. All right, who wants to go for? Who feels really strong?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Todd does? Okay? Todd, by the way, dominated in pickleball that's available at danpatrick dot com. You were the best pickleball player out of this group. Congratulations, yes, congratulations.
Speaker 5: Good times, good okay?
Speaker 2: All right, Todd?
Speaker 5: I went with.
Speaker 13: Cry Eagles Cry twenty nine, twenty six Chiefs MVP.
Speaker 7: Mames Okay, Paulie Dallas finally wins a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Goddard catch wins it for Philly.
Speaker 2: Snirky MVP score MVP.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give it to Jalen Hurt's twenty seven to twenty four Eagles in overtime.
Speaker 2: Okay, seat O'Connor the headline first, give me the headline.
Speaker 4: Kansas City thiefs reps throw flags, Chiefs catch Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: That's nice.
Speaker 4: Kansas City thiefs reps throw flags, Chiefs catch Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Well done?
Speaker 2: Okay, huh, you got its very nice.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going Eagles over the Chiefs. I want to say blowout, but I'm actually gonna say it's gonna be a close game.
Speaker 2: Thirty one, twenty eight. Jalen Hurts MVP.
Speaker 14: Okay, Marvin Three's nuts Chiefs win thirty one to twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Mahomes MVP.
Speaker 2: Fun. I'm gonna go threed Pete as in Andy Reid so th h r e I d ThReD Pete Chiefs again. Patrick Mahomes MV pick final score thirty one to thirty. Yeah, thirty one thirty Okay, yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 7: It's it's weird like you could pick against the Chiefs, but you wouldn't bet against the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I probably heard that from thirty different people.
Speaker 7: This week, And isn't that what you what your pick really is because if you would put your money down, that's what your pick really is.
Speaker 2: Well, some people do you bet because they can't bet on somebody else, but you're right, most people would go okay, I mean I like the Chiefs. It's like Nick Wright said, Hey, if you think it's fixed that the Chiefs are going to win all the time, then why don't you bet on the Chiefs if you know they're going to win? And he makes a great point he said he's won like sixty thousand dollars so far this year because he bets on the Chiefs. The over under forty eight and a half. The Chiefs are favored by one and a half. It's stayed pretty much now. Some books I think have it the Chiefs won with some money coming in on the Eagles. Odds to score a touchdown the best Saquon Barkley, then Jalen Hurts, Travis Kelcey, Kareem Hunt, and Xavier Worthy also odds to win the Super Bowl MVP. Patrick Mahomes is the big favorite. Then it's Saquon Barkley over Jalen Hurts, and then Travis Kelcey and Xavier Worthy are distance. So you have three of the five or Kansas City Chiefs. I have MVP odds for next year in the NFL uter season. Also, Marv, you teased a great tease of somebody who got snubbed with the Hall of Fame. Do you want to do that right now? Who got snubbed? In your opinion?
Speaker 14: So seven time Pro Bowler, seven time All Pro, five of those times first team linebacker. We'll take your guess he retired Luke Keikley b loop. Yeah, so we're not talking about him. And I thought he was a surefire Hall of Famer, especially with only four guys getting in this year.
Speaker 2: I think he's more of a Hall of Famer than Eli. Is no question they're both be Hall of Famers. Luke Keikley was the best at his position for a while in the NFL. Eli was. See this is the problem, though, you know it should be if you go let me talk about Luke Keikley, I shouldn't be comparing him to Eli Manning. But we're talking about Eli getting snubbed, and what you're bringing out is valid that we should be bringing up Luke Keikley, who was more of a star or stand out at what he did than some of these other players, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 7: I think guys like Luke Keighley and people retire a year or two early due to injury. They have to wait a bit and for whatever, they had to build a ground swell because if like you said, if you look at his resume, there's not a lot of questions about it. I think those guys Sterling Sharp had to wait a long time. I don't think Keikley waits that long. But the middle like backer position also is not hot for the Hall of Fame. Patrick Willis waited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fred Warner is going to be a Hall of Famer too, I would think, Yeah. I like the Josh Jacobs like, you know, that's the guy that I got. You know, that guy's just different. I love hearing that never takes a playoff. All right, odds to win the Soup or winning the NFL MVP next year, Todd, I'll start with you, which player has the best odds to win? And by the way, there's no running backs in here in the top five todd best odds to win the MVP next season in the NFL.
Speaker 13: According to DraftKings, they gave him a one year off, but then Lamar Jackson comes right back with the one year break and gets it again.
Speaker 9: Bloop bloop bloop.
Speaker 2: You got it. Who's second on the list MVP next season? Seaton Josh Allen bloop bloop bloop. Okay, Who's third on the list? Marvin Joe Burrow? You broke the streak? Who have Patrick Mahomes tied with Joe Burrow? So I'm gonna give you, Yeah, I got you? And then Jade and Daniels Jane Daniels, Jayden really bloop bloop bloop. Have we updated the poll results in a while? Fun?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants the Eagles to win, not the Chiefs. Love that. Can you smell the sliders out there? The uh king Sawaian Sliders?
Speaker 3: Think I lost my sense of smell after that? You got hit knocked out of me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in here, Mark in South Carolina, Hi Mark, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey Dan, thanks so much for taking my call. You guys are fantastic and Pritty is my favorite. I'm just wanting to Originally being from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and everyone keeps talking about the three peat, the three peat, the three feat.
Speaker 10: Why is no one referencing the fact that.
Speaker 15: The Green Bay Packers repeat it in nineteen twenty nine, nineteen thirty and nineteen thirty one, and then also in the sixties under the Vince.
Speaker 10: Lombardi era, the Hall of Fame started, the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 15: The Draft is going to be in Green Bay next year and no one's talking about what they did.
Speaker 2: Well, Mark, we treat football differently. It's in the Super Bowl era and then prior to that, and it's not fair, but that's what we do. It's like modern era, modern day football. It's Super Bowl one and you know when the Packers beat Kansas City and then they beat the Raiders after that, but that's you know, you can look back to the Cleveland Browns and what they did and winning championships, or the New York Football Giants winning championships. So that's kind of what we do. That's that line of d more almost like with the ABA NBA, when the merger happened and then those stats started to count, it might not be fair. You know, I watched doctor j when he played in the ABA, and that guy was different than anybody else on the basketball floor. I mean, we talk about Jordan, Jordan's more refined player. But if you say this guy did everything, and he dunked on people and he was explosive. I had not seen anybody like that, Yes, Martin.
Speaker 14: And I think the PRESUPABWL era hasn't been kind of one franchise and that's the Cleveland Browns because they seemed really dominant and it's all they won NFL championships and this year, this year, this year, in the early sixties, I'm like, but.
Speaker 5: They still haven't gotten to the super Bowl.
Speaker 14: So we don't consider them like a great dynasty when we talk about the Great dynasty's NFL history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, it is weird.
Speaker 7: It's like branding of the Super Bowl era as a line of demarcation. But what you said with the NBA, Dan, you're one hundred percent right. Kareem had Bill Jabbar you said it before, is almost underrated. Think of he as four years younger. Kareem James Prime was just four years bumped back into the early eighties when he was after thirty one and sixteen.
Speaker 2: Well, the NBA started when Larry and Magic with a lot of people. That's when all of a sudden, you know, because the NBA was dying in the seventies, you know, they had you know, rampant drug use. You didn't have. The finals was not live, you know, it was just different. And then all of a sudden, Larry and Magic came in and took that energy from the National Title Game brought it into the NBA. Both playing for great franchises. Now you had a rivalry, Now you had great interest in the NBA.
Speaker 14: He had smart And I think Kareem playing with Magic, who was so magnetic, is such a huge star. I think that hurts him also when we talk about the greatest players of all time, because they say it's Magic's Lakers, they say it's Kareem's Lakers.
Speaker 2: Jimmy in Chicago, Hi, Jimmy, what's on your mind? Hit?
Speaker 10: And a great week hosting in New Orleans, Paul.
Speaker 6: You hope that scar heels up looks pretty nearly And for.
Speaker 2: The Big Game, I'll be having pizza wings, mini dogs as well as corn dogs.
Speaker 6: Just wondering what you guys will be chiling down on.
Speaker 10: For the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I don't eat during the Super Bowl. I just smoke a cigar, be drinking some keeper's heart and that's it. I'm not a maybe a snack or two, but nothing. I'll have my pregame meal, then I'm ready to go. So I don't know if anybody's got a spread that they're gonna put out there.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, I always make chili almost always, and my wife makes a seven layer dip just for us, which is just decadent because you know how you go to those parties and you have to share the seven layer dip. It's a free for all there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always good for one scoop of the dip because I never know what happens after I'm done with it, where guys are like, I'm gonna get a bite here, you know what, I'm gonna stick the taco back in there?
Speaker 5: Yes, Marton, Yeah, you don't like double dippers, Nona.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I have been at a party where a guy was eating celery and care and he would take a bite and he would scoop back in wow, and I I I did have to say something to him. I'm like, hey, you know, you probably get your own bowl of rams there and he goes, oh, is that available? I said, but you can't be dipping back in you why? I said, once't you keep that one? Maybe they'll bring out another one. He just you know, scooping in cranking out with carrots and cellar. I'm like, okay, all right, what about you, Todd? What are you? What are you thinking there?
Speaker 13: I go up the road to a friend's house and everybody brings something, so it's a super Bowl party. Usually stay for like the first half and then and then head home for the second half. There's usually meatballs and subs and all that kind of stuff. A little mini franks that I like with the pigs and blankets.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Willis in Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: Hi, Willis, Hi, thanks for taking my call, Dan, first time, long time? Uh six to one two o six? Heck, yeah, Hey, I just wanted to call. And if you do it, get the opportunity to watch a Dallas Cowboys game with Shay do it? I used to be in a fantasy football with this fine uh special move man and it is musty TV. Definitely think you guys should put that on the website. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you? Maybe next year, I'll h should I go to Shane? I should go to Shaye's house though, definitely his daughter's uh, the youngest one's a while when he calls her a terrorist. His roommate the wife, Yes, do.
Speaker 4: You think it's going to be easier to leave Shay's house or to get Shaye out of yours.
Speaker 2: That's how you need to make this decision. I need to go to Shae's house. You think it'll be easier for you to leave his house than it will be he came out of yours? Yes, yes, yes? Uh Luke and ohio, Hi Luke. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 10: I always want uh long time lists her first time caller uh six six two in a semi athletic two ten oh. I was wondering what was your favorite cast to be a part of all the movies you've been in?
Speaker 2: Oh Okay. A lot of people have asked about Happy Gilmore too. I think it's coming out in July, but I don't know. I shot a lot of scenes for it. It's gonna be a big movie. My favorite movie that I was in with Sandler was Just Go with It with Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston and Dave Matthews, just because they gave me a large role where I was a nightclub owner or host and they let me add lib have some fun. I'm on stage with Kidman and Aniston. That probably because I mean their actresses, and they had to look at me like this guy has no idea how to act. At least I felt that, And I've even said that to Sandler. I go, sand Man, you know, Kidman is just staring me down. He go, Danny, Danny, don't worry about it, I said. She knows I can't act. Danny, don't show any fear. Don't show any fear fear. I said, By the way, I don't care if Anniston doesn't think I can act. I like watching, you know, looking at her. I'm staring her down to it, Danny, Danny, don't do that. Yeah, because Aniston, you say, oh, you're the sports guy. She didn't know my name. Hey sports guy, Hey Jennifer. All right, well take a break. If you're watching on Peacock, we'll go out to the Tragger Girls. The great folks at King Sawaiian Chef Greg have whipped up some sliders there. And last call for phone calls, what we learn, what's in store for Monday, all of that coming up after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: WAPP favorite thing in New Orleans this week, Todd, what was your favorite thing aside from the protest that you had on silent Protest Wednesday?
Speaker 13: Playing pickleball with everybody and just trying as many Poe boys as possible throughout the week and walking up and down Bourbon Street.
Speaker 14: Marvin favorite thing the gumbo from Brennan's Oh Okay phenomena.
Speaker 2: Seaton. Let's say, I think playing pickleball.
Speaker 4: Actually, because I've been a little bit of a critic of pickleball over the last couple of years, I've made a significant amount of fun with pickleball.
Speaker 2: It was it was awesome. It was great, Paul, your favorite thing here in New Orleans?
Speaker 3: It's my third time here.
Speaker 7: I think walking a lot and walking down different streets and different neighborhoods I hadn't been in. I haven't seen half of them, but it's such a I'm not even pandering. They should make the super Bowl in New Orleans. I would say once every four years. It should be a rotation. I think it's the perfect super Bowl city. It's vast, there's food all times a day, there's hotels, all different areas, great weather, and it's built for this scenario. It's built for it, and I think maybe a four year rotation for New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had breakfast Oysters. My wife got in town and she said, let's go to Felix. I want oysters. It felt like we were there at nine thirty or something in the morning. They were awesome, Superior seafood was wonderful as well. Just some of the restaurants that we were able to go to and you can't get cheated. Like it's it's hard to find a bad restaurant, you know, it's wherever you go, you're going to find something that you're going to like. And I agree with PAULI. There's so many different aspects of New Orleans. It's not just Bourbon Street. It's when you go to the Garden District. That's when you know. They're just the beautiful mansions there, hotels, restaurants, and it's so scenic. So there are so many great things.
Speaker 14: Yes, Marvin Magazine Street also, yeah, phenomena. Yeah, this day in sports history, Paul.
Speaker 7: Got a couple eighteen eighty two, the last bare knuckle fight for the heavyweight boxing title in Mississippi City eighta two.
Speaker 3: Then they outlawed it.
Speaker 7: Let's see Cassius Clay nineteen sixty five began calling himself Mohammad Ali, and Sports Illustrated published The Swimsuit Division in eighty five, two hundred and eighteen pages. And Michael Jordan in nineteen ninety four signed a contract with the Chicago White Sox to play baseball.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Von Miller on this day twenty sixteen, force two fumbles. Denver scored two touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: They beat the Panthers twenty four to ten in the Super Bowl, And that was another prey that you skipped up. That's right.
Speaker 13: I couldn't take my son, so I protested going to your thing, and I protested celebrated with them.
Speaker 2: So you could have gone to the super Bowl. You had a ticket, and you could have gone to the Prig.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was a two for one deal with my son.
Speaker 2: Lebron scored thirty eight to become the all time leading scorer on this date in twenty twenty three. Also nineteen seventy, I actually remember this. Pete Merrivit scored sixty nine points, no three pointer. He scored forty seven in the second half, but his team lost Alabama one. It was six twenty four. Okay, sixty nine without a three point shot, and he was a deep rain you know, deep shooter. I'm guessing he would have had eighty. I think that probably would have been a fair number for him to score eighty, but he he only had sixty nine points. I think that was his high in the NBA. Sixty eight or sixty nine points against the Knicks and no three point shot.
Speaker 14: Yes, Marvin, So who's the second leading score on that team? Uh, it feels this feels like a real Kobe eighty one point game, Like who's second leading score?
Speaker 2: Well, that was pretty much every night for LSU with Pete Marrivitch if he's getting forty four and they're getting seventy seventy five, although in this case they got, you know, one hundred and four.
Speaker 14: Yes, Martin, Pete marrivitge career high sixty eight against Walt Fraser in the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. And you know what I did at the Hall of Fame. Walt Fraser went into the Hall of Fame and I asked Walt Fraser about Marivich scoring sixty eight point then the Knicks. He looked at me like everybody's talking to Clyde Fraser about going into the Hall of Fame. I said, hey, how'd you guys let Marrivig score sixty eight point? He goes, I wouldn't guarding him the whole time, like you're going in the Hall of Fame and I'm such a knucklehead. I'm gonna ask about Pete Marivitch. There great sponsors all this week. Want to thank everybody, all the great you know, Trager was here. I'm going to leave out people, so you got Treger. You guys will fill in if I leave out somebody. King Sawin was here, Express Pros, Mako, tire Rack, Miller, Lite, Sonos was wonderful. Keeper's hard as well. They all pitched him Rapid Radios yeah, tire Rack, yeah, yeah, yeah. And when you honor these sponsors, you know, it's a great compliment to me because these are great people that we deal with. Panini ye yes, yeah, saw the Panini people yesterday and last night. You get those people and you listen to what I'm saying about what their products are, and then you purchase those Thank you. I appreciate that because we're very select selective in who we have advertised on the show, because frankly, we have to believe in them. Final results of the poll question, Pauli.
Speaker 4: It's actually gotten down to who are you rooting for? It's at fifty to fifty Eagles Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's see go around the room. What we learned on the program. Our stat of the day was brought to you by Panini America. The countdown is on Celebrate One Night fifty years in the making. The Saturday Night Live fiftieth Anniversary Special premier Sunday, February sixteenth on NBC and Peacock. Also, thanks for all the phone calls, the emails, tweets all week and long. The backroom guys did a wonderful job with videos all week long. Mario and his staff, Rob Picture Day, Ray Weeks, our cameraman, everybody else. Eric Jones first and foremost did a wonderful job the big German. He was the MVP this week. Let's see, Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 5: You don't eat during the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I drink though Todd.
Speaker 13: Packer's running back Josh Jacobs, has not watched the Super Bowl since middle school.
Speaker 2: See No, Connor, what did you learn?
Speaker 4: I learned two things. Mario has a staff of people that work with him. Yeah, interesting. Also, Dion not jumping to the NFL without his suns?
Speaker 2: Paulie, would you learn.
Speaker 3: The Packers whold played Josh Jacobs on defense?
Speaker 2: Todd, what did I learn?
Speaker 13: You met a woman last night who got seventy two thousand dollars on? Kevin o'conne, winning NFL Coach of the Issue won.
Speaker 2: Deeper's Heart is a new and unique style of whiskey combines the best of Irish and American whiskeyes, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey the bold flavors of American whiskies. If you're a whiskey fan, you gotta try it. It's Keeper's Heart. Drink responsibly. Have a great weekend, everybody. We'll talk to you on Monday from the home Man Cave. Goodbye from New Orleans.