Speaker 1: So, Harry, I'm happy to see you.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, I saw you right before the pandemic. I believe January of last year you stopped by the Wrestling Universe. Was it something like that, Yeah, Jack Sabbath, Yeah, yes, so Shane and I got to chit chat with you there for a long It's greatful.
Speaker 2: Oh that was not January. I think that was before.
Speaker 1: That was No, that was my last signing. It was January of twenty twenty. Okay, that was the last signing I did in person, and I saw you there. I was happy to see you because it had a while. Yeah, so let's start with this. What have you been up to lately?
Speaker 2: Sitting in the same chair I'm talking to you now for the last year.
Speaker 1: Well, besides that working on music? Are you a real job? Like what's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: Prior to the pandemic. I was about to start rehearsals. I had about a dozen shows booked for last year. I was going to be getting on the Newport Folk Festival, which is a really really big music event up at Newport, Rhode Island, and then it all disappeared. So I, like everybody else in my universe, have been writing this out most of the people I know or in the entertainment world in some form or another, and it all came to a crashing hal last February, last March. Yep, yeah, a lot of my friends are not doing so well. I I'm okay for the time being. I could ride this out for another six months to a year if I have to, but others can't.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Right now, New York is trying to figure things out. I believe live entertainment will start shortly, but at like minimum capacity, which trying to do a live show with twenty five percent capacity, you're just bleeding money. You're not making any money. You're losing money. You know. As far as recording studios, that came to the grinding hole too, and a lot of the higher end studios will only take one client day and you're paying for like twelve hours but only working for eight because the first two and last two they dedicate to completely sanitizing the place. And even still, my good friend, my my saxophone player did a session and he got COVID Wow, even though he was the only person in the booth. You know, it may have been from the session, it may not have been but he was super careful and then the next thing you know, he spent about like a week and a half in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know, as far as I know, the apes haven't started talking yet, so you know, as soon as that happens, I'm done, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Well are you still with the Slash Tunes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, the Slash Tones is basically anybody I'm playing with at that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just rotate and yeah, yeah, going on like thirty different people in and out of that band at one point or another. Yeah. Right, So I met you obviously through eth W. Yeah, you were friends with Paul Haman. Yeah. How did your friendship with him come about? Like? Where did you meet Paul? I know, I know the story, but people don't. I want people to know how you got into this wacky world, Professor I met.
Speaker 2: I met Paul Hayman waiting online to use the bathroom at the China Club, Okay, and had absolutely no idea who he was or what he did for a living because I wasn't watching wrestling back then.
Speaker 1: Now, what year was this.
Speaker 2: Ninety?
Speaker 1: Okay? So was he in WCW at the time?
Speaker 2: Probably? Honestly, I yes, yes, I think he was in WC wherever it was that he won the Manager of the Year award for Pro Wrestling Illustrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think it was WC Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was probably WCW because there was one time at the Limelight. You know, I'd been channel surf, you know, hitting the clicker, and you know, I came across some wrestling thing that I thought was complete. Three stooges, goofy, and then that Sunday night at the Limelight, I'm like, hey, I saw this stupid thing. This one guy with a tennis racket, this other guy would a cell phone and they had this stupid fencing match. It was hysterical. It was him that I was talking about, but I didn't realize it was.
Speaker 1: Him, right. Did he take offense to that?
Speaker 2: No? He thought it was great because I was actually one of the few people within the club world that treated him like a person and not like poly dangerously. I just knew Paul, right, I didn't know what a Polly dangerously was.
Speaker 1: How did you know You're waiting to go to the bathroom, like do you go, you do your duty, you come out and you see him again, and you just strake up a conversation.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, okay, all right, it's been a long time, so I might as well talk about this. I wasn't going into the bathroom to use the bathroom. I was going into the bathroom to take a couple of hits upot okay. And he was online behind me, and I'm like, hey, dude, if you need to piss ahead, I'm not gonna pee, you know, but don't get weird on me or anything, because I'm gonna have to beat the hell out of you. And yeah, so he's like, well, I don't really need to pee either, and we ended up in the bathroom. It wasn't a cocaine drug thing. It was I just wanted to smoke weed and he wanted to smoke a little of his own thing. And I opened up. I had a secrets ten, you know, the cough drop ten. Yes, that I kept the pot in. And he describes it like the briefcase in pulp fiction where you open it up and light emanas from it, Like his eyes lit up. It's like, what is that? Trees? And we smoked a couple of bowls and then we hung out and the next thing, I know, every time I go to it like the Limelight or the China Club or one of those really cool clubs that no longer exist there he was, so for couple of years, I'd be hanging out with the guy three nights a week. Had no idea what he did for a living, but because of the way people treated him, I thought he was either like a restaurant owner, a mobster, a drug dealer, pornographer, And it turns out he was a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of all of them, we come to find out right.
Speaker 3: Very hard to believe, by the way, with all the posters and pictures behind you, that you would partake in such debauchery in the bathroom there.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so you mean to tell me that you hang out with Paul all this time and his wrestling never pops up to you, not at all.
Speaker 2: There was one time I dropped a friend off at LaGuardia Airport and she was heading to Florida. I as I'm leaving the terminal, he's walking in. He's going on the same flight because it was a connecting flight in Atlanta, Okay, And like, Hey, what are you doing here? He's like, Oh, I'm going down to Atlanta, Atlanta. What the hell are you going on? Atlanta? For and that's when he remembered I didn't know what he did. I didn't know what he did for a living. He's like, oh, I got a parking ticket down there. I'm like, can't you just mail it in?
Speaker 1: And he's even bullshitting you now, not.
Speaker 2: Really bullshitting me. It's like he didn't see a reason to bring it up.
Speaker 1: I guess he was bullshitting it.
Speaker 2: Probably Probably guy really had no idea what he did for a living. It was just some cool dude I'd like to hang out with.
Speaker 1: So what happens when you find out like are you like taking aback?
Speaker 4: Are you like what?
Speaker 1: Because it's it's a.
Speaker 2: Weird, you know, it's very weird considering all the other promoters would be like, hey, Paulie, here's some drink tickets. So I figured, all right, this guy's a wise guy. Doesn't make a difference to me. There's a club event. I forget what they renamed the club, but it was a very famous club in New York called Octagon, and I knew the promoters in there, and they had a whole bunch. It was like three floors, so they had all sorts of events. They had a fashion show, they had a jam session. They had this going on, that going on, and then the presentation of the Manager of the Year award to Paul Dangerously. That's great. I didn't go for the Polly Dangerously thing. I went because all my friends were in the in the band that were playing. So I get to the club, I go up to the VIP room and there's Paul hanging out, but this time he's not wearing cowboy boots and jeans and a leather jacket. He's in a suit. I didn't think much of it. He's like, what are you doing here? It's like, oh, I came for the jam to support Matt and Steve, who were the promoters, and there's some stupid wrestling thing going on. I check that effect my exact words. About an hour later, I go back up to the VIP room. They've got a six foot toll projection screen showing the best of Polly Dangerously.
Speaker 1: And that's when it clicks for you.
Speaker 2: Not yet, look at you. I look at Paul to get hit ahead.
Speaker 4: With the ass that's the pot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I look at the screen, I look at Paul, I look back at the screen. I look back at Paul, and the first thought that came into my mind is, oh, wow, my friend is one of those freaks that dresses up like pro wrestlers.
Speaker 1: So you're just thinking in your head he looks like poly dangerously.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking he's a cosplayer.
Speaker 1: Oh dear god, Harry.
Speaker 2: I didn't It didn't really click. And then he comes up. He puts his arm around my shoulder. He's like, so, who is that handsome guy on the screen. I'm like, that's you. That's what you do for a living. Finally, yeah, I'm like, okay, cool. I don't know what to.
Speaker 1: Say them after you called him an idiot forty times and didn't know it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: It was another time I was trying to do this thing at the Ritz where I was telling him the idea of putting a ferris wheel inside of a club and like all sorts of weird stuff, and I kept telling him about this stand up comedy routine about the invisible wrestler, and it just didn't click. I wasn't watching wrestling at the time, yeah, you know, and when I when I would be channel surfing, it would be you know, in the distance on a small screen. So it's not like he was that recognizable. You know. We didn't have high definition back in there.
Speaker 1: You see him in this room, you know they're giving an award out and then you think he's cosplaying kind of one Harry, you're smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, but it just two and two didn't make that up to four at that moment because I was out with the guy for a while, Yeah I did. I didn't have a clue that he was involved in that.
Speaker 1: So so you're friends with him when he jumps over to easy Dub at this point, Yes, you're aware of everything that's going on because you I remember you. I mean, were you there from the get go when he came in?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, You guys were running primarily out of Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Philly, New York, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: You hadn't really broken into New York yet, not Where Island, not New York City. I guess it was upstate. But I kept getting invitations through Mike Lawler, who you guys all called spider Man. He's one of the guys I work with in the band, and he kept giving the invitations. I didn't want to go to wrestling. The last time I watched wrestling, Bruno permed his hair, became the commentator, and I was done with it. Plus I didn't have cable for the longest time, so that whole eighties boom, the rock and wrestling thing, the five days a week on cable, I didn't have any of that. So it was totally totally out of it. And I'd be getting the invitations to go to like Bethlehem and Allan toown in Philadelphia, and I would use the excuse that my bron I had an old Bronco that had three hundred thousand miles on it. Literally, yeah, I said it wouldn't make it. So I get a phone call from him. It's on a Friday. He's like, hey, I want you to come to the show. I said, dude, my car won't make it to Pennsylvania. He goes, the show's on Queens Boulevard. It's ten minutes from your house. Lost Battalion, Oh.
Speaker 1: Lost Batalion Hall. Okay, okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes from your house. I'll send a cab. I said, okay, all right, I'll come to see your show. What time does it start. He's like, it's from eight to eleven. So I showed up at ten forty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, as much I didn't really want.
Speaker 2: To see it. Well, I didn't really pay attention. It wasn't my cup of tea at the time, until I finally caught the ECW television show at like two in the morning, and I'm like, okay, this isn't the cartoony stuff that now. That totally turned me off to it, and I came out to see the first show. From beginning to end was out in Long Island. I want to say, Deer Park, Yeah, okay, And I had no idea who anybody was, so I kept saying, who do I cheer for? Is what I kept asking him. It's like, whoever you want. During the night, there was a brawl with the Dudleys and I forget who else, but it was Big Dick Dudley, Alex Yeah, and Primo Carnera, the third who was there at Big Wuido. I think you guys.
Speaker 1: Called him Yeah, probably Okay.
Speaker 2: So they're outside of the main area and there's like a section that's like separated with plexiglass wall plexiglass windows, and Alex is banging Primo in one and he's banging him in the other. There was one that was actual glass, and Alex banged Primo through the plate glass and the glass went flying everywhere and I'm like, okay, this is definitely not cartoons. No, this is cool. And then the next thing after that was the gangstas okay, and I'm like, okay, this is crazy, this is sick, this is demented, this is dangerous. I can get into this.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. And then I think I came up to I went to someplace upstate fairgrounds. Yeah, I forget what town it was where I saw another show from beginning to end, and that was more of the insanity. And then I finally went out to the arena for the first time and I'm like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: In Okay, I'm here. So with your musical background, did you pitch to do stuff for us? It was Paul okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I was around before I ever did music, if you remember production, and then during the week, Paul would get me to do stuff like get an ad in the daily news and little stuff like that. It wasn't until the crossover with WWF at the Manhattan Center, which was before the barely legal pay per view. So okay, yeah, February of ninety seven. If I'm not they needed clones of what the guys were using because Taz was using a song by Kiss, Tommy was using Man in the Box, Damn Man was using Metallica so on, and we're.
Speaker 1: Getting away with it forever. Yeah, which blew my mind.
Speaker 2: But for Vince's TV, he needed soundlikes. Okay, Now, this is the Monday before the show that he calls me up. At the time, I had an office. I'm not going to get into it. I was I was a in a legitimate universe at that time, okay. And he calls me up and he's like, I need this, this, and this. I'm like, no idea what you're talking about. It's like, well, I need you know how in WCW Diamond Dallas page comes out to Nirvana, but it's I don't know. I'm like, no, I don't have a clue. So I said, hold on. I went there was I forget if it was Tower Records or whatever it was. When they still had CD stores. I went to the store a couple of blocks away on thirty fourth Street in Manhattan, and I bought whatever wrestling CDs they had, and I went back and I listened to them, like went through them in the office. I called Paul back up. I said dude, this is garbage. There's like two parts in a song if they get to a B or a change, and it's just a riff. And this is what you want. He goes, Yeah, that's what I need. Can you do it? I said, yeah, I'll need a couple of weeks. He goes, I need it by Monday.
Speaker 1: There, I need it.
Speaker 4: In forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, a three minute song takes a lot longer than three minutes to record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does four minutes. Jop it down.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I got to write the tune and I gotta find the band, so you'll do it, right, you can do it?
Speaker 3: Let me, can I stump in for a second. So you listen to the music that was out of the time. They'd only published a few CDs at that point, and it's really very basic and a lot of the songs do sound nearly identical. So right, your expert ear you hear that, and you're like, this is like this is a walk in the park for what I could do.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's you know, three out of four bars, you know, as long as the fourth bar doesn't sound exactly like another song, and then you're not technically ripping somebody off, you're creating a sound alike. You know, Tommy Dreamer, every company he's worked for has made a sound alike of Man in the Box. You know, there's like five different versions out there, including one that I did. So, you know, because of scheduling, I was able to put a band together, which was some pretty badass players. It was Richie Scarlett and Steve Budgie from the Ace Freely Band, and a currently Grammy Award winning producer named Eddie Wall who produced El Nino in Primer fifty five later on, and we booked twenty four hours in Eddie's studio in Yonkers or Mount Vernon, I forget where he lived at the time. I went in there at nine o'clock on a Saturday and came home nine thirty on a Sunday. Wow, And in twenty four hours, myself and these the warriors that I had, for lack of a better term, cranked out about four or five tunes that were pretty terrible, but that's what they wanted.
Speaker 1: Fit right in now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we had the Manhattan Center and you know, I showed up with the dat tapes. There was no CD burners yet, you know CD burners hadn't made their way. If you wanted a CD of something, you had to pay forty five dollars a CD at that point. Well. Yeah, so I went to the Manhattan Center with the DAT tapes and was trying to get a sound check from them because quite literally, you know, this stuff had just barely been mixed, it hadn't been mastered, And instead I ended up playing Jim Rummy with the Undertaker and eating catering from over Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: So the songs they played at the Manhattan Center that night for the ECW guys was you yes, and you could tell. You could tell because it was distinctly different. And I remember the show very well. We talked about it a lot because somebody else on the call wasn't at that show. But you know, the music really was different. But I think they ended up using the Dreamer music for Sandman when Sandman came through the crowd, so you could just tell there was something a little different than the WWF touch at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad they didn't use the Sandman music for Sandman because that was, oh lord awful, that was absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, I I didn't watch it because Shane Douglas would not let me go. Yeah, so I was bitter and refuse to watch it. I was so mad. So so you do the music for them?
Speaker 2: When don I thought I was done at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when when does it come to you? Or when does Paul actually say, hey, you know we're using all of this music like we were using Thunderkiss sixty five I think as our opening music. The when does when does he come to you and say, Harry, what what can you do? Does he suggest that you do it? Or does the light bulb click and you could do something cool? It was Taz as.
Speaker 2: Brother, I like this, I want to use it all the time, And I was like.
Speaker 1: No, the music from New York. In New York, oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: As like what I did better than what he was using. But what I did needed some serious work. There were a lot of bad notes, attitude and guitars, bad mistakes. With such a limited time to work, I figured, you know it's going to be on in the background, people be screaming, the announcers will talk, nobody will notice. When Taz wanted to use it full time, I said, I got to go back in the studio and make it right. You know, there's there's a couple of things on there that I'm not happy about. So I did that and that became his theme right with Paul's blessing. Of course he had to approve it, and because Taz and Perry Saturn worked together at the school, it became a politics thing where if Taz has his own music, then Perry Saturn has to have his own music.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now you're doing songs individually for the boys who's coming to you and asking for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still not something I expected to be an ongoing thing. You know, Harry Saturn wanted this, you know, elements of this song and that song, and he wanted it to be robotic and kind of like future Terminators type of thing. So we came up with total elimination. And then along comes the pay per view and granted again a week before the show. I need this, I need this, and I need this. Poul, you got to be kidding me. No, you'll do it right. You're giving me three days. You'll do it right.
Speaker 1: Don't you regret going in the bathroom that night with Oh.
Speaker 2: God, I should have just gotten high in the parking lot for God's sake.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I loved our theme. I loved. I absolutely loved it. And to this day, the network now Peacock, they use the most ridiculous music. And I mean, don't they own your stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why are they? Do you have any.
Speaker 2: I've never gotten the network. I will not get Peacock, So I couldn't answer what they're using. I have no clue.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that they had the whole library of your stuff at their feet and they're not using any of it from.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking. Wouldn't answer why they're not are they're not even using the UCW theme.
Speaker 3: I don't watch on the later shows that it's that it was used on, Yes, but if you go back to ninety five ninety six, it is just piped in you know, musac very parrible.
Speaker 2: This didn't mean so it would be anything after ninety seven because it didn't exist before that.
Speaker 4: Right, But you would think that they could just you know, move it.
Speaker 1: Over that instead of using the generic elevator music that they're using. Why wouldn't they use the library that you provided them.
Speaker 2: I have no clue. I got some DVDs from them, you know, they were supposed to send me everything. They used my stuff, and on one of the DVD's that they have Taz's music they overdubbed their own music.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, remember that.
Speaker 2: I'm like this, why would you spend the money and the time when you own it.
Speaker 1: That's that's my point. That's what I'm trying to say. Like they have all this stuff and they're not using it. It just doesn't And it was good. I loved the ECW theme. Like that to me when I hear that to this day, this is so corny, but I get like goosebumps because I just remember. But I remember being at shows and hearing us play that, and I knew, okay, we're starting, it's time, we're gonna work, We're gonna like it brings me back years since being a performer and here like that song told me, Okay, this show's about to start. We're gonna do this, and it used to get me pumped up. You know, I loved it. I just thought it was so well done and it just fits perfectly.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you know, Just just so you know, I've I've mentioned this on other interviews. The inspiration for the e c W theme came from the theme from Jaws.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can see it now that you say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when you would watch the movie Jaws and you'd hear bout yeah, you knew shit was about to break off and it was about to be violent and bloody.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So that's you know, you got that slow build and then the whole thing just blows up. And that's what we were going for, you know, get the audience, get the people pumped, that the anticipation, and then damn, you know, just go all out.
Speaker 1: And that's kindly how I just described it, though, like that's how I felt when they would play it. When it would come on, my nerves would start to get bad because I'm like, okay, we're starting. Oh my god, I have to I have to do this. I have to get ready this, you know, and it just it just me. It woke me up and we were starting our night. So it just fit perfectly. And I mean to this day when I hear it, I get gooseyes, I get the little goosebumps. I love it.
Speaker 2: That was another one of those crazy things where I had a deadline. I had to master Tazz's music, master the Eliminator's music. We had to write and create the extreme theme, and there was a couple of other tunes. I think I did one for sasse K that never got used because he brought his own music, Okay, and then it all had to be done with it a certain time because I had to be at the Terry Funk.
Speaker 1: Banquet, another thing I wasn't allowed to go to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so our subjects brought up good to heal.
Speaker 1: Dang, let's talk about because I've mentioned this before and it's so funny to this day, no one knew that this was me, and I know, I think you know what I'm going to refer to. I don't remember the story about how this came about. All I remember is going to your apartment or your studio or whatever it was, and we were at three in the morning doing and we had to show the next day. Why did Paul make me do it?
Speaker 2: It was my idea, to be honest. Yeah. Well, here's the thing, Franny. Nobody gives you the credit for completely transforming when you would go through that curtain. As far as actors go, you were one of the best ones in the company because the person backstage I liked the person that went through the curtain. I wanted to hit with rocks and everything about you, including the tone of your voice changed when you were in the ring, when you were on the microphone, and with enough little digital manipulation, I knew that we could get away with it where it would be like an in house thing, you know, like we knew but the fans didn't know. And at some point, because the whole Rick Rude angle, I figured it's another arsenal for something Paul could use. Where Shane finds out that Francine sang on Rick Rude's music and how can we.
Speaker 1: Never did that? That's something we never did, but no one knew. That was me, not a clue.
Speaker 2: And what I loved about it was, you know, okay, because of the time constraints, we had Elk's Lodge. On a Friday, my writing partner Roder Raccone came to the show. We all went back to Rod's studio, which was in a terrible part of the Lower East Side.
Speaker 1: See I don't remember much of this.
Speaker 2: Well do you remember this? When we pulled up and there was a bunch of women and you said, why are they out there? And I said, oh, because they're crack horse?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why are these women out here at four in the morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know the horse. You might play one on TV, but they play one in real life.
Speaker 1: My memory is shit, honestly, like I think because of like the concussions that I've had. And then I blame it on pregnancy too, because they say when you get pregnant, you forget. I don't remember. I have forgotten more than I remember. Unfortunately. That makes me super sad because people will trigger my memory, like sometimes I'll go, oh, yeah, that's right, and then I'll remember the night that I was with you. All I remember is just it was super duper late, and we were jotting things down, like on a piece of paper or something, and I remember singing into a micro if you call it, say it wasn't even singing.
Speaker 2: But great. I wrote the lyrics as we were there. Yeah, I had the lyrics in my head. I just didn't have them on paper. I'm not a good pen and paper thing when it comes to music. I keep everything in my head. I've got thirty songs here right now, but none of them are on paper.
Speaker 1: But I was writing it down because I wanted to have I didn't want to mess up.
Speaker 2: I think I wrote it down and you couldn't read my writing.
Speaker 1: So I rewrote it down. Yeah, Okay, so I'm singing this song. I don't even know why, don't know what happened. I just was told go with Harry. At this point, I knew you long enough that I trusted you. I'm like, okay, and I do remember the next morning you dropping me off at Dreamer's house and then I drove with him to Philly. Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 2: You stayed at my house, separate bedrooms, separate rooms.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're a complete gentleman. I must say thank you. Yes, my funny business. But then it was super early, and I remember I had to go and I went to Dreamers and then we all went to the arena.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was the arena the next day.
Speaker 1: I think it was Philly.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I must have shown up afterwards.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think it was Philly. I could be wrong, because you know, I just said my memories crap. But I just remember going to his house for whatever reason, and then getting in the car and taking a trip. But I never, like, I was never told why am I doing this? Like I never had there was no concept behind it. It's just like You're gonna sing rick song. And I was like, oh, and then I'm thinking Okay, Well when it comes on, is everybody gonna like point? No, one even, like I don't even know if they were listening to this song. But years later when I tell people, they'll google it or they'll pull it up on YouTube and they'll be like, that was.
Speaker 4: You, and I'm like, yeah, we did it on the air. I had no clue. I never even thought twice about it.
Speaker 3: And then when we listened to it and I really was like listening, I was like, oh, yeah, that's you.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 2: Well, that that was something I had to fight. Honestly. I had to fight Paul on it. He's like, no, you can use there's other singers. I'm like, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, you know, but who would do it for free? Paul? I need you get paid for that special uh? That special track that I recorded?
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, I I saw it like if people found out it's something that they could use in.
Speaker 1: The angle, right, And we never we never did any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever figured it out.
Speaker 1: No, I know, like, oh cool, but it was fun because that was something like that Rob Van Dam's video where I had to dance around. That was so terrible. Paul said he wouldn't er it but he said, my my piece was the saving grace, but he still wouldn't er it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that video?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen it. It was really but that's what they told us to do. Yeah, you know what I mean. But like, I never I never thought I would be like a video vixen dancing around and they're like lipsing and I don't even know the song, like what is the song? You know? But that and like singing it kind of got me out of my element and let me like now, honestly, like I never want to to be like a singer after I did that, But I said to myself, this was something I probably would never ever get a chance in my life to do. And it was something fun, you know, and we made it fun even though I was exhausted. I just remember you and I staring at each other and laughing, and because we were at the point of like it was super duper late, I knew I had to get up early, and I knew I had to be somewhere else, and I was just like, oh my god, what am I doing? You know, But it's it's something I'm I I'm happy that I did. Yeah me, it got me to you know bond with you more because I only knew you as Harry Paul's friend at the you know, I pose.
Speaker 2: That many people knew I was doing the music either. Yeah, you know, I didn't put myself over in the back and you know have a T shirt that says I'm the rock.
Speaker 1: Star and oh you were very quiet.
Speaker 2: I saw the production being more important, you know, the stuff I would do with the live events and behind the scenes as being far more important than the music, to be honest with you, you know, because it could have been any other song playing. You know, but who's going to sneak sit into the building, who's going to get this done, Who's going to distribute a thousand heads in five minutes? Yes, that was, in my opinion, far more more important and more noteworthy than recording and writing the music. I also found it really cool that you ended up they ended up using that same music, the same song remixed for you later on, if you remember.
Speaker 1: I think I yeah, I think they did it without the vocals, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Originally Paul wanted me to do that, take the words out, remix it, change it a little to use for Tammy. Okay, But the writing was on the wall where she was headed and never ended up being used for her and ended up being used for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting, okay, well that makes sense. I guess you know it worked bit.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought it was ironic, but you know, hey, you know people dug it. You know they used it on the live events when you would come out by yourself, right, they were using the remix of simply Ravishing. I forget what we renamed. I think we called it TNA ninety nine or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's a great name.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I remember the simply ravishing part. Yeah, oh god, how funny. That's bringing me back. That's hilarious. I'm trying to think, like.
Speaker 3: Wait, can I did you hear his simply Ravishing music from WCW.
Speaker 4: Did they play that for you at all?
Speaker 1: Harry?
Speaker 4: No, because it.
Speaker 3: It's weird, it's not it sounds in the same vein, but it's a completely different song.
Speaker 4: That's like a more it's lyrical.
Speaker 2: It's because we all off the David Rose song The Stripper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny because when we listened to it on the air again, I hadn't heard it, you know, in ages, and I said that I was like, well, I was like, man, I was like, he ravishing Rick ruits got pretty damn good music out there in the universe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, trying to be breathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. If I remember correctly, we did different takes of different voices. Probably one was more of a nasty voice, but then we went with the breathy Marilyn Monroe kind of thing, which is what we ended up using.
Speaker 1: Okay, hilarious. I don't know. I just found it, like, okay, I could say I did a I recorded a song. Yeah that no one knows it's me, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: Bring in the morning in a studio surrounded by crack horse.
Speaker 4: There you go. You should have the crack horse on backup.
Speaker 1: They should have been in the background doing the doomy Oh that's hilarious. Well, I do you still talk to Paul.
Speaker 2: Via electronic medium? Once in a blue moon?
Speaker 1: Once in a blue moon.
Speaker 2: The last time I saw him was at his father's funeral. I went to his dad's funeral because I knew his dad and he was a great guy. But the crazy Paul Hayman that I knew ceased to exist the day his daughter was born. And I'm not saying that in a bad way. I'm saying in a great way that the moment he had a child, his priorities changed, of course, which is awesome. Yeah, you know, he's still basically the same guy, but he's not, which is a good thing. I'm not saying in a bad way at all.
Speaker 1: And I can totally relate because when I had my children, it's not about me anymore. It's about them. Yeah, you know, so you do have to change your priorities.
Speaker 2: Maybe when his son graduates, I'll get a call at four in the morning saying meet me at Sarges. Response will be no, I'm too old to go to the Elliott five in the morning, right.
Speaker 1: I get it. Well, I want to thank you because, like people don't know, you're one of the unsung heroes within our company. Like you, you know there there, we had a core group. We were a family. We say this all the time. You were a part of that family, and like all of us, if something needed to be done and we had the time to do it, of course we would do it. But there were people like you who would be in the back and you would be sitting there and if something needed to be done, you would be one of the first to jump up and go do it. I remember you took me to was it the mall? The night it was you the Bikini Showdown? And first of all, it wasn't even bikini weather, oh mid winter. It was winter. So Paul says, we have a lull that I don't have anything big for tonight. Can you do a bikini contest with Dawn? So I'm like, oh, really, we didn't really do those, you know, And I said, well, I don't have a bikini, and he says, I'll give you money. Go to the store. And here Dawn didn't have to wear the bikini. I was the only one who had to wear the bikini. So he says, go to the store, and I said, well, how am I supposed to get to this store? Here comes Harry.
Speaker 2: We didn't buy bikinis.
Speaker 1: If you're when did we go?
Speaker 2: I forget, but we went to two or three different places looking for swimwear and we ended up buying underwear.
Speaker 1: We bought lingerie. Yes that you could see through it, yes, And I didn't realize you can see through it. And thank god I was like completely shaven, because if I wasn't, But I said to myself, where the hell am I I needed a robe and I need it. Uh yeah, I needed a bikini, but you know, Harry jumped up. I'll take her. And that's the kind of crew that we had. So you know you. I don't know if people like said thank you to you in the past. I know I have, but I'll say it again, like, without guys like you, we would have been in chaos because we would have been running around like chickens without heads. You know, because a lot of us couldn't physically leave the building. We needed to stay there. So it wasn't for people like you, we'd be screwed.
Speaker 2: What was funny about that is because we could only find underwear at one point, like I need to ask you for a favor, can you see my And I'm like, you really want me to look there? Come on?
Speaker 1: Jerry Lynn always says this. I always asked them, do I have camel tooe? I trusted you guys like you were my brothers. I just trusted everybody, So I need an opinion.
Speaker 2: So for you, for you fans out there, there was one time in my life where I had to get on my knees and stare at Francine's crotch.
Speaker 4: I had to get my knees hard night at work.
Speaker 2: Lord, Hey, you know somebody had to do it. You know, I took one for the team.
Speaker 1: You did, and I appreciate it, and I thank you. And you know, like I said, you did a lot for us, and it might have seemed to you like nobody appreciated you. I always did, so yeah, thank you for being I mean I.
Speaker 2: Had a lot of fun with you. I mean that's when people ask me if I missed ec W, I say, no, what I miss is hanging out with the people and just you know, having.
Speaker 1: Fun, because we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yea, they had a lot of fun. There was I remember I forget what episode of south Park where Cartman started doing I Want to Sing and the Alien?
Speaker 1: Are you interesting that in the back all the time I would do a dance.
Speaker 2: Remember, yes, for weeks for weeks.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I have to go back and watch that episode because we would be sitting there for hours waiting to either get paid or do promos.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, Okay, I'm going to do some you know, some song and dance and entertain these people. That's how I am. Yeah, and you either hated me and told me to get the hell out of your face or people would clap along with me to watch me do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, there's one other thing. I remember when you got hurt when Bam Bam dropped you. Yeah, okay, this is afterwards, you're we're all back at the hotel, okay, and people are hanging out in your room. Yes, okay, this is where I bring up another unsung hero has Yeah, yeah, okay. It was one of the guys that wasn't really an ECW guy. I think it was an ex WWE guy that was in the company at the time that had a notorious reputation for taking advantage of women that couldn't defend themselves.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to mention the name. You can mention it if you want. But he came.
Speaker 4: We talked about it before. We we we talked about it before. But you can continue.
Speaker 2: Are we talking about an express kind of guy?
Speaker 1: Continue?
Speaker 4: Just continue the story.
Speaker 2: So when he heard that you were all markoed up on painkillers in your hotel room or whatever they gave you, He's like, oh, his eyes lit up, and he came to see how you're doing. He walks in the door. Paul gets up and he grabs me and Has he's come with me. He goes over to the guy says, this is what's going to happen. You're going to say, hey, I hope you're feeling better, and you're going to leave. You're not going to come back because if anything happens to this woman, this is my friend Has and this is Harry. They're gonna take care of you. And the guy's like, what are you talking about? And Has looks at the guy dead eye. He goes, I have a portable settling torch in the trunk of my car and three days cutting you into small pieces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you, and he looks.
Speaker 2: He looks at me. He goes, what are you gonna do? I'm gonna watch and have fun.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing. And it's funny you mentioned this because I was on Delauded because our resident doctor who was really a foot doctor that was friends with Raven. He took me to the hospital and got the X rays and it was broken. You all know the story. And he says, give her the good stuff. I think Paul said, put her on Delauded. That'll help her. Right, I come back and everybody's trying like where's the delauded in your purse? And I'm like, and I only have thirtie, like get out here. But I think they they they gave me a pill like when I was there, so I'm loopy and you knew me. I wasn't really I wasn't into drugs, right, And I remember being one beer beer, yeah, like I would have a cocktailer or two and that was it. But I remember being in the bed and my roommate was Michael Farren because Michael was taking care of me that night, and all the boys were in the room. I remember what you're talking about. He came in and I had thirty of the party was in my room. There was like thirty guys and just hanging out. And cause I and I didn't do much, I still had I remember I had my hospital galing on and I was just out of it and I was just kind of sitting there and people had the TV on, there was a case of beer and whatever. The next day, Tommy Dreamer tells me, do you believe that? So and so asked me if we should do like a gang bang because you were on your drug and I was like, what and he's like, oh, I grabbed him and I basically he goes, I want to throw him out of the room. He goes when he suggested that, I was like, get the fuck out of here, and he just got really like intent and I was just like, who does that kind of thing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Thank God? Like I thank god to this day that company that I was with wasn't a bunch of scumbags, you know what I mean? Because if it was anybody else, something bad could have happened to me.
Speaker 2: And he and his partner disappeared from the company shortly after that. But Has what we call he was the arms master in the video game Uh huh okay. The Dudlings actually said they were afraid of him because he used to eat Soldier of Fortune magazine on the bathroom and order stuff out of Soldier.
Speaker 1: Of Fortune grenades.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: Has has kept a list of everybody's injury.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He had to exploit it. And when Sid came into the company, Has was staring at him and looking at him. He's like, I got to figure out how to take this guy down, you know, you know if something happened and the next week at the arena, Has Has had an army issued taser with one of those thirty foot courts just for sid in case something.
Speaker 1: Think about it. You're a young girl, you know, I'm super young. I get hurt, you come back, And not one thought crossed my mind than anyone any one of these guys would try to take advantage of me. And that's why I was just like, oh, yeah, they can come. Because everybody kept saying, we want to come see you, and I said, well, you all can come up to the room if you want to drink, and people were bringing their beer and whatever they were doing. And then this guy who is an outsider because he wasn't one of us now, but when I heard that he did that, it honestly like I hated him. And I never said anything about it to anyone because I didn't want any heat. But I'm thinking, God forbid, what a predator like? Who who says that? And thank God that you guys all had my back. And that's all I'm saying, because you don't know, like if it was in another company, bad stuff might have happened.
Speaker 2: If it was an episode of Dark side of the Ring Waiting, if he had come back to the room, he would have not made it out of Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Scarry All wasn't kidding when he told the guy that me and Has would spend three days torturing him unreal.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess he didn't understand the camaraderie and the family bond that we all had together because he was literally politicking to get this done and everybody's looking at him like are you crazy? Like and I'm oblivious. I'm just like sitting there like.
Speaker 2: You know, oh you You weren't even part of the universe. You.
Speaker 1: I was just I mean, I remember everybody coming in and out, but I was just chilling.
Speaker 2: You were so narcoed out that night.
Speaker 1: The long is no joke, bro, I broke my hip.
Speaker 2: Come on and basically the lad is synthetic heroine.
Speaker 1: Well that's what they gave me, and people were reaching for my person, like, get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: Had this guy even done anything the Paul kept me. I think the reason Paul brought me around originally was not for music. It was because he knew I was a psycho, you know from.
Speaker 7: You there, Harry and then you like an arsenal of weapons.
Speaker 1: Oh God, just just another reason for me to express my love for you and say thank you because God forbid, wasn't.
Speaker 2: I think has was the one that did the makeup when you were supposed to have a black eye.
Speaker 1: My black guy in New York. Yeah, I did his Spirit of seventy six with Jason and he did my My my black eye. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: He was like Ivory. You could do anything if you need.
Speaker 1: Give him a piece of gum and a string and he would make a bomb.
Speaker 2: Bring a piece of gum, two big lighters, and a tune of sandwich. Why the tuna sandwich? Well, I'm hungry, are you?
Speaker 1: I can talk for hours here, but unfortunately we are out of time. Is there any are you on social media at all that people can follow your band once we.
Speaker 2: Get going Twitter? Harry Slash on various, I don't have a website right now because somebody held it hostage. You build it and decided they wanted three times the amount of money we agreed on, so they've pulled my content. Even though there is a Harry Slash and a slash tones ww thing out there, there's nothing attached to it. So for the time being, because there's no reason to do anything until the pandemic's over. I can be found on Facebook at Harry Slash on Twitter at Harry Slash and Instagram on Harry Slash, where I post stupid ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good. Well, I advise everyone to follow him because he's a very funny man. But I'm so glad we got to chat, and I hope I see you again because I mean, you're one of the good ones. Thank you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: So thank I mean when when I last I saw you, we exchanged InFocus. I was supposed to take a ride down a Jersey Yeah, yeah, and you know.
Speaker 7: That globe thanks pandemic.
Speaker 1: I know we'll get it done eventually, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If I ever make it up to New York, I'll let you know and we can thank you. We can do something. But I'm glad you came today and I wish you nothing but success.
Speaker 2: In love and back at you, Frannie. It was a pleasure talking to you, even if it was through a computer screen.
Speaker 1: No, next time it'll be live good.
Speaker 2: But next time I'll have my new teeth me too.
Speaker 1: I'm getting braces.
Speaker 2: Well, I had. I had an accident earlier this year and I crack four of my front teeth.
Speaker 1: Ou Oh okay, Well, we'll both have new smiles, so that'll.
Speaker 2: Be and in the process of root canals, and then in two weeks I get caps.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's a stupid accent. My friend thought he was in dry when he was in reverse and he hit a tree and I went right into it.
Speaker 4: Ouch, Harry, that's extreme. Did you get up and say that you know this is extreme?
Speaker 2: No sold it? I no sold it and we went, you know, and just kept moving on. The next day I was had my lip was blown up and there you go. Parts of my teeth were falling out.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Well, good luck and I hope to speak with you soon.
Speaker 2: My friend back at you was a pleasure. Thank you for having me on the show. Guys, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Bye. Yeah franc.
Speaker 6: Franc An Extreme Extreme Tides up here and The Queen Extreme Podcast pies up here. Heah, The Queen Extreme Podcast