Speaker 1: Hello, Angel Faces, Welcome back to the Give Them a La Podcast. Happy mother Freaking pump Day? We have easty boy. How you doing good?
Speaker 2: How's everybody else?
Speaker 1: We are all good? Jessica, Hello, I'm great good. We had a very short week last week. I'm like trying to get back into the groove of having a full five days. My amazing brain named Jessica gave me three or was it two? To what three days off? Didn't you give me three days off last week? Yeah? Was that? I had Monday? I had Monday in Newport with family friends the Russians. I had Thursday family Russing Day.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, you know what's funny, I'm breaking at the schedule right now.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: I love this about you.
Speaker 3: Though your days off are like the day we still work. Like I'm looking at the schedule. Monday we had work in the morning. Thursday we had work in the morning. But as long as you're able to leave by a nice time, that means a day off for you.
Speaker 2: And I love that.
Speaker 4: So yes, I guess day off.
Speaker 2: And to shout out to the russ for letting.
Speaker 1: Us crash their entire but we grew up going to Newport with the Russians. It was like so incredible to sit exactly where we sat with Dad.
Speaker 2: It was a nostalgic.
Speaker 1: It was nostalgic, and I had so many Did you have a good time? Oh?
Speaker 2: I had the most fun. I got to hang out with Like I would like.
Speaker 5: That is one thing I want to look when it's downtime, when they're cheaper. I would love to go for a week and just get a beach house. Just get a beach house and work from there.
Speaker 1: Stay at the a maybe from the airport.
Speaker 2: I could do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could do it and fly out, John. I've experienced luxury now at this point in my life, and I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Could do it.
Speaker 5: I could give a ship where I am at if I'm at the Atrium and the beach is right there, you know, right into the pool, see everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay. I mean I did see Dennis Rodman at the Atrium one years ago. I had to have been maybe sixteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, decades.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of like the Seinfeld episode, like with my mom, when it's like first class, you know, Elaine and and Jerry. He's like we only have one seat in first and another in coach and Jerry's like, all take the first class and he's like, Elaine, you've never been in first class. You don't know what you're missing. It's kind of like me with my mom or even Easton. I'm like, I've experienced luxury. You guys can stay at the Atrium. Don't catch me at the four Seasons, just like.
Speaker 2: My mom home.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're not getting first I'm getting the life flat because you don't know what it's like to be in a life flat. And then go back to coach.
Speaker 4: Well, then you better never introduce her to a life flak.
Speaker 5: She already she's calling me now. She's like, Easton, we have to get these done.
Speaker 2: Like our insurance stuff.
Speaker 5: And I go, okay, I'll get mine done. I go, why are you not doing yours?
Speaker 2: She goes, I can't see depends, and.
Speaker 1: I was let's just call it what it is. We're all all and.
Speaker 2: I am, I just doing yours. Is that what you want?
Speaker 5: She goes, well, like it's easier, right, And I just said, that's all you had to say. Don't just like make this seem like I'm doing us a favor. Just ask me to do the favor.
Speaker 1: For us right, yeah, or like you're pudding, you're putting, you're throwing runch in the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, just just said it to me and go, would you do this for me and be so kind?
Speaker 1: Easton calls her, calls our mom elastic girl. She really stretches you.
Speaker 2: It's like your reaches for everything. And she will not stop.
Speaker 5: So she will even if you put her, If you stop her and put a wall in front of her, logic, she will reach above that wall and reach and fucking grab whatever.
Speaker 1: And she for a very quick example, and then we'll move on. You asked me, Jess, can you get your laptop charger? And my mom was like, the cord. We don't have the cord. We only have the plug. And I said, I know, mom, because the cord was used in the car for Ocean's iPad and she kept wanting to blame it on me, and I'm like, you're not getting it. I'm not saying the cord is lost. I'm telling you the cord is in the car, okay. And she's like, I haven't seen it. I'm like it's there, don't fucking worry about it. She's like, well, I didn't lose it. I'm like, it's not lost, it's in the car. Well, I didn't put it in the car. I'm like, it doesn't matter who put it in the car, it's in the car. I'll figure it out. She comes around the corner after five minutes, five ten minutes, and she's like, Lauren, is it the cord that you put the season for computer? And I was like, yes, it's exactly right. And she goes, Okay, now I'm remembering, and she goes, but you know that I didn't put it in the house.
Speaker 2: You physically took it way. I don't remember, okay, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I know. I was like, this is why you call her lastic girl. I totally get it. Now.
Speaker 6: I love that you're here now Easton to just be around and all the energy because it was so entertaining just to watch Lisa and Lala for so long, but now with you in the MIDX, it's just And.
Speaker 5: I know I told her too, I go, me, being here is going to be the death of you because she used to be able to like call me to complain about Lauren on like the keys. Now I'm in the mix of putting the keys and so now she's she can't throw it on me of like, and now she has no one event too, so now she is just getting beaten.
Speaker 2: I love you, Lisa.
Speaker 4: Can we have Lise back on the podcast soon?
Speaker 1: Please? Yes?
Speaker 2: I have so much.
Speaker 5: Well that's the other thing, And I almost want her on the podcast for when we talk about the gentleman running through it, when we.
Speaker 1: Talk about the man in the apartment complex that we live in. Yes, to be here, that's another fucking namemarege. Anyway, I want She's great. Lisa's so so grazy, but you're right, she can't hustle any of us. But I did say to her because the keys to the.
Speaker 2: Office, that's why I was sitting outside for thirty.
Speaker 1: Minutes, right because she lost them because I have been sucking on chupa choops a lot lately, lollipops lollipops, and I was asking her in the car, can you open this? And she was like, this is the hardest thing ever. So I'm like, just I grabbed the keys to the office to use as like kind of like a little razor to cut the wrapping off. All right, cut to where we are now. The keys are nowhere to be found, Okay, I had we had them in the car. We had a two hour drive to Palm Springs. Where could they have gone? She wants to blame it on me. I said, Lisa, you remember opening the sucker, right And she says yes. And I see her wheels moving and she's like, I see her thinking I am the last one to touch them. Where could they have gone? I said, you are the only person on the planet that touches something. It attaches itself to you and then flies into the abyss, nowhere to be seen ever again.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: She has lost a credit card. You know this, Jess a credit card. She is convinced that ocean took it and hit it somewhere. And she always, every single day asks Ocean, Ocean, can you find Gigi's credit card. I'm like, the credit card is gone, and if you would have just called it in as and it hasn't been used. So that's why she's convinced Ocean hit it somewhere. My daughter doesn't hide, doesn't hide things, just doesn't.
Speaker 4: She puts it on ocean. That is so funny.
Speaker 1: When you start placing blame on it too, your you know you've lost your damn mind.
Speaker 2: Her marbles are all over the floor.
Speaker 1: It's all over the freaking floor.
Speaker 3: Is it funny though, Joe, it's so funny and liasing agent if you are listening to this, Lisa, Yes, she did misplace the office keys, but they're not lost.
Speaker 4: They're just misplaced. Okay, so we don't need all new keys. We just need a couple of new.
Speaker 1: Keys, thank you, and a card to get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna get a colleagu it's gonna be like, well, if they're lost, we need all new keys.
Speaker 4: We got to replace everyone's No.
Speaker 1: They've gone into the abyss. They will never be seen again because they're in the middle of the earth. Now they touch them, they've been burnt to a crisp by the Earth's core. Okay, I swear to God. Can we talk about this real quick? I posted a picture over the weekend which was me holding hands with what looks like fifty cent Obviously I thought it was. I have a lot of people and actually a lot of people sided my DM and they're like, if you need editing, like please let me know the point, and I'm like no, because the moment that you like make it look professional. It takes away the funniness it's supposed to be a botch looking job. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, right, yes, I saw the comments and I was like, no, that's what makes it so funny. It's like the picture of you, you and yourself and you covered up Raquel's Yeah, that head was huge.
Speaker 1: It was hilarious. That's what makes it funny. And if you don't get it, then, like you and I would not get along very well, because what I think is funny and you think it's funny are two different things. All right. So I'm talking to Candace, my childhood best friend. We've known each other since kindergarten in missus Condi's class, and I wanted to hang out with her because she was pretty and had big bows. And I told my mom that and she put together a play date and then we all became best friends with the russ And family. So she's reminding me of all of these things, and she's like, do you remember when we went to so and so's birthday party. This was in the seventh grade and her dad was handing out autographed pictures because he was like a motivational speaker and had a lot of celebrities and he had come in contact with us. She said, you got the one of the signed fifty cent photo, and you lost your mind. I look at my mother, I go, where is it? Where is it? Oh?
Speaker 2: It has no idea honesty though it'll show up.
Speaker 1: It will show up. It's probably haven't got storage.
Speaker 2: It is in storage. We have so many like now this girl's buckets.
Speaker 1: We have buckets of things, so it will show up. Now, this girl's dad, the girl's birthday. Her dad was a little weird. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like a narcissist. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed the photos himself and pretended like he knew all these people.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 1: Like, I highly doubt that that fifty cent called you to give him words of wisdom. I just don't see that happening. Like I'm gonna choose this white man from Utah who has never seen struggle in all his lives to motivation will speak me to death. I just don't see it happening. But who knows anyway. She then goes on to talk about how I used to pick her up for school when I got my license sophomore year, blasting fifty cent and I was like, this has been an obsession for a long time. Did you do not know that? Like? Did you not? I only remember seeing in the club the music video and being like I love fifty cents. Yeah, I always loved fifty cent and Tupac. But for her to have specific memories of like it being dark outside because it's the dead of winter, picking her up at seven am to go to school, the lasting fifty cent it's like, and then the autograph picture. It was just like, oh my gosh, it was so great to be with her because they start bringing up memories. Yeah, and you're like, wow, maybe I haven't changed that much.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you. Did he reach out at all about it?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 4: Who fifty fifty about the photo? Oh, you went out, you're on private.
Speaker 1: I went on private, but I don't think you would have even seen it. And for a minute I went into my comments and was like seeing people who were like oh whatever. They were saying negative shit, And then I was like, you know what, fifty trolls people all the livelong day, and I sometimes go in to his comments and people are like, fifty give it up or whatever. It's almost to the and he doesn't delete them. He doesn't even see them. He posts and then like moves on and posts something else.
Speaker 5: He'll post something and be getting trolled through that, but by the time he's read those, he's already posted six.
Speaker 2: I don't think I feel like people are sick.
Speaker 5: Controlling him because they're like, damn, he not even see By the time.
Speaker 2: You press sent, he's posted two more. I love it too. His page is cool.
Speaker 3: He he doesn't ever delete any of the trolling posts either.
Speaker 1: Right, so I've stopped doing that too.
Speaker 4: You stopped it, oh deleting gout?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, you know you've made it when you have trolls, because only a really sad person would be like, I'm going to get in the comments section. We talk about it all the time, anyway. I really, now that we've talked about we've tangented our asses off. Let's like, hone it did you guys? See? I want to talk about the submarine very quickly.
Speaker 2: I yes, I was reading about that.
Speaker 1: What's it called, oh shit Gate, that's the name of the company, right, Yeah. How many people were on the submarine?
Speaker 2: Five five and one.
Speaker 5: Was a nineteen year old. I thought they were all like older, but like for the nineteen year old. Obviously it was all I didn't want to go, and that's what I was reading, Like.
Speaker 1: He apparently only went because it was Father's Day, like his dad did this for Father's Day and really wanted him to go. There were also people. There was one guy who said, I was going. I went on this submarine and we only went X amount of feet deep and I knew this was not safe to go in.
Speaker 2: And it was on video.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, I saw like a recording of the whole thing, and there was four or five of them on and they just dropped down to like thirty feet and then like you could hear things in the sub like kind of like it to me, it doesn't sound right. But then they went back up and like they were like, oh it worked. And I mean that was years ago.
Speaker 1: So it was like four years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to set it.
Speaker 4: Oh, So it wasn't testing it out for this expon this.
Speaker 2: Exactly, but it was the exact same sub yes.
Speaker 1: And he was like, I just I just knew that it was not safe enough to do what they were wanting to do with it. Now, when you think about this and you hear all of these things going on where it was like, oh, it was made from off the shelf parts. It was being controlled by what Nintendo or an expox.
Speaker 5: I mean it like a PlayStation five controller, which I'm not going to say is like most things are now being controlled like that.
Speaker 2: It really is. But in when you're going into.
Speaker 5: Depths that you can die in, right, I feel like you would want something a little more sturdy than a controller, something more bound.
Speaker 2: To the st marine.
Speaker 5: Where like if something went wrong, you can at least grab something that is a manual to the props or a manual turning thing to lift upper down. Because if a controller can die, a controller can disconnect. And obviously, when you're in a crane or things like that, you're on land and you're like, okay, now we have to figure this out. You can't do that when you're in a submarine.
Speaker 2: It's life and death. You have oxygen supply, all of this that is very limited.
Speaker 5: So for me to just look at it and for them to be like this is what you do with and they're like throwing it on the ground, I'm like, at what point does that jar things in the controller? And I mean, I'm overthinking for sure, but it's like thinking it for me, just like I would look at that as a big red flag of like, Okay, my next question is what manual like control do.
Speaker 2: You have that if that does loo? And if they were like well.
Speaker 5: Like a them, I'd be like, okay, well I don't trust all five right, right, it's something.
Speaker 1: Manual that's completely different.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is bound to this sub that I can like physically move or something to do like a controller.
Speaker 1: Was there any sort of like alarm system where it's like, if something were happening to the sub, it starts going off, similar to a car, Like my car is gonna let me know if my tire ain't acting right, and it's gonna let me know well before anything happens, right, so I can go in and get it checked. Was there any sort of device inside that was letting them know, like the pressure's getting funky, we may run out of oxygen in forty hours, I mean go back to the surface. I don't think there was anything like that.
Speaker 5: No, I really don't think there was anything of life saving equipment on there to tell you what was going wrong.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was because they were planning on only doing a nine hour ex Yes.
Speaker 2: And I mean I get what they were doing.
Speaker 5: And they probably were equipped with what they thought they needed. But even that the Titanic is down there, there is wrenches in rope, clip the top of it, and if something happens, you start bringing it up manually.
Speaker 1: That way was it was. I mean they were found thirty six It was the length of thirty six football field is where they found the back of the sub and the front. I think it's way too deep to have someone because then someone's got to go down and attach it to.
Speaker 5: The even go down there, because the equipment would be too expensive because down that far the PSI is too heavy, Like yeah right, not.
Speaker 4: Ps I but the pressure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've had like the military whoever, the Marines.
Speaker 2: Yeah they heard it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did they hear it?
Speaker 5: So, yeah, I don't know if you guys read that it exploded like the first like I heard like forty minutes in Yeah.
Speaker 1: I heard they lost contact the first hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they were thinking like the controller or this or that. But the Navy said that they heard like wavelengths in the ocean that were similar to an explosion, and so that was like you know, I it was within the hour of so yeah, they were just looking for.
Speaker 3: There's no no positive out of this at all. Of course, what I did i'd see, which which I guess I don't know the words to describe it. But something that I guess could give survivors and family survivors a peace of mind is that it happened so fast that the literal brain could not process the pain, meaning that they were gone before they knew they were gone. So just being here one minute and then.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I think that, which is great.
Speaker 5: But then when you were saying did they have anything, that's like saying the pressure down that low? You can't have anything that's like the pressure's getting to because by the time, But how.
Speaker 2: Far down it explode?
Speaker 1: But how far down could they have gotten within an hour? Well, I wonder how deep it was?
Speaker 2: From what I heard. Could they found them at thirty one thousand feet thirty five?
Speaker 1: They found the like the part, like the back in the front, the rest of the middle park where they were. I don't think that they've found any of that, but.
Speaker 2: They said they did.
Speaker 5: Okay, the sub could still go a thousand plus feet more than where they found the part, so it should never have exploded. It was supposed to be able to go that low, and even lower than the.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to. That's what they thought in their minds. But had it been tested before, these people like I would have sent that thing down on itself. Send it down on its own.
Speaker 5: If it's ran by a fucking controller, how about you put a camera and then just drive the controller from up top.
Speaker 3: I have to like, in my mind, if that didn't, I need to read more up on this. If surely it was sent down there by itself, multiple multiple, multiple.
Speaker 1: Times I have read. I haven't read on that either, Like I'm literally just sitting here with knowledge because I but this is the podcast where we do this and then people write in and educate me and they go, you are around. I've heard a million and one different stories. The girl who lasered me was like, very very educated, want every detail of this. In fact, I wanted to get her on this podcast. But to be completely honest, I thought that this week's episode would be the How We Mannel podcast, but we needed more editing time and approval time. So that's why you guys are getting the episode. But the reason why I'm bringing this up is because there's two stories that I want to talk about. Is the submarine story and also the tiger shark eating and killing the Where was he from do we remember? I think he was Russian? Yeah, he was the Russian, like I think it was around thirty thirty two and it happened off of Egypt. So they're gonna go They're very different, but they go hand in hand. I saw a lot of comments when it came to the death of these people who were on the submarine because it was two hundred and fifty thousand dollars per person, and a lot of trolls. We're talking about this being rich people shit, and it's because rich people always want to do this, that and the other. And it's so crazy to me how when you can you're a a human being who comes in contact with people that you love that you can't comprehend. Something has to be about rich people other than like it just being wow, people died, Oh yeah, is such a mind fuck for me.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's those are like the bottom of the bottom of the bear.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they are a lot more common than It's horrifying. It's disgusting when you look at accounts on Instagram that are strictly talking about that. There's no face to the profile it's just a pump news out to look at the comments section, you lose faith in humanity. It's like, how could someone who like and you click on these profiles of these trolls and it's like they have pictures of their kids or a picture of their dog in the profile picture. It's like, you're a human being who's definitely capable of love because I see that you have children, or I see that your bio says that you're a preschool teacher, or whatever it may be. How you can be so disconnected because somebody has a different bank account than yours, And you say, oh, well, this is what happens when you are rich and decide to do something stupid.
Speaker 5: Right, What if you were the kindergarten teacher that taught him before you had nothing and then he makes wealth, are you gonna still have that same look at him?
Speaker 1: Well, no one thinks that way.
Speaker 3: Everyone well ridiculous, and it's all you don't I don't know. There's just so many things that you could say that I've gone skydiving twice. If I died the second time, are people going to come out and say, oh, look at our going Well, what do you think is going to happen, because technically you could say that with skydiving, say it was anything you're jumping out of a plane, of course, but it's just it's so stupid that it's like not even worth the energy. And you're right, it like kind of makes you lose faith in humanity when it's like common after common, after comments, like.
Speaker 1: When there's more bad and then every you know, fifteen comments, there's one person saying like people lost their lives. It's like, wow, this is a little this I don't relate to at all. And I don't understand what chip you have on your shoulder that would make you so disconnected from human life? Does that? Am I making sense?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: So there's that part I saw. I pulled up the video because I am a sick fuck. I should have never done that. But it's it's so edited that you can't see what's happening to this guy who's being malted death by a tiger shark. Did you watch it, Sion?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw it, So did you see it? Just did you hear about it?
Speaker 3: And looking at it as we're speaking, it's horrific. I don't think I could watch the rest. It's really heartbreaking. All of it every they that's another like everything about it is.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: By the way, you have to kill the shark. You have to kill the shark because if he is indeed well.
Speaker 5: Now, if he just fed off of him, he that shark will learn that if people keep coming back, that is now feeding land for him. So people are going to keep getting eaten. So you have to kill the shark to you know, to keep it a way, because it'll think that that's it's feeding bowl.
Speaker 1: Right. I am not well versed in each type of shark. I've heard that sharks just in general are not interested in humans. They don't like the taste. But by the time they bite into you and think you're something different than a person and realize that they don't like how you taste. You know, you've got really at times, you know, like life threatening injuries, right or you lose a limb. But this shark was like kept coming back for this.
Speaker 5: I don't know what was going on underneath that water.
Speaker 3: So this was a twenty three year old and his father was watching.
Speaker 1: And his girlfriend was also in the water, and I don't know what prompted me to watch it. By the way, I the ocean is the most beautiful but most terrifying thing to me on the planet. It's so useful but can cause utter destruction. And when I named ocean ocean for me, it was like the ocean in my eyes, is the most powerful thing on the planet and the most beautiful, but you don't mess with.
Speaker 2: It, right, Yeah, it's mother nature.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's you can't control it. You don't know what's going on below the surface. You don't know where you know, the deepest part of the ocean. We don't know where it is. We don't know that we'll ever find where it is.
Speaker 5: It's crazy that we go into space trying to find all that out and we don't even know what is on our own planet. We haven't put any money into figuring out how to go deeper into the ocean.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure that we have, no we have not. Is that facts?
Speaker 5: That is fact, Like, there are parts of the ocean that we haven't seen because the pressure is so heavy with the amount of water down there, that we can't go down.
Speaker 1: It's just scary to me.
Speaker 2: It is there. We think that there's things that we don't even know.
Speaker 1: About that, well, there's absolutely things we don't know.
Speaker 3: What about that and part of me is like, why don't you go explore? And then the other part of me is like leave it alone.
Speaker 2: Leave it alone.
Speaker 5: I think the lowest part there was a jellyfish, and like they were talking about the way, so like now how you can almost see through a jellyfish? And I'm not going to use like the right terminology, so please everyone correct me. They become like translucent, so the can see them well barely, but it makes it so the water can go through them so it's not so compressed on their body. So they explode because fish will go to the bottom to where it's maybe a little unsafe but safe enough, but they if they go any lower, the fish will like explode because there but.
Speaker 1: There's like that are probably down there.
Speaker 5: That a transluc translucent can go as far down as they want. And that's what we haven't put money into of seeing how can we go further down because they're saying that things have come up. There's like a video on an oil rig out in the water and it is an octopus and its tentacles are like feet long each and it is huge and no one's ever seen it again.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the old sailor stories that the monsters of the sea. Those are just like giant squids and hook down chips.
Speaker 1: And you don't think that exists. They are absolutely.
Speaker 5: For me to triangle, So for me go down and who knows what's like there's just thousands of.
Speaker 1: And I gave you the wrong word.
Speaker 4: By the way, translucent just means see through, but you mean like.
Speaker 2: Something can move through it.
Speaker 4: Someone who tell us that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's I think it is translucent. They get like where you can see through them because that's how they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see through, But to have something, to have an element moved is not the word.
Speaker 2: So give us the word everybody.
Speaker 1: For me, I'm telling you what. I don't want ocean to go in the water, really no, But she loves it, doesn't she She can go into her ankles.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love lakes.
Speaker 1: Otherwise the lakes I mess with all day. The ocean unless there is a partition, a brick wall, a rock wall, a net, don't care. Knowing that you're swimming about and nothing's gonna mess with you. That video was traumatizing, and it also bothered me because after what happened happened. There are speedboats and again it's just on him. People recording number one. I don't know how it was recorded. I for one, if that were happening, would never my mind wouldn't be like I got to get my phone out and found this. Never in a million years would that be my first thought to grab my phone and film something like that.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy that that's people's first.
Speaker 1: But it just my first thought process is not to reach for my phone and record something horrific happening. Yeah, but you're watching after it's happened. These speedboats come towards the body, and I'm like, if I were in that speedboat and you see the initial attack. Keep in mind he's blurred out in these videos, and then he has time to kind of move and he's screaming. Why those boats, those tiny little speedboats would not start circling him to scare the shark away.
Speaker 2: I don't grab him in anything at.
Speaker 1: All, anything. I mean, he's already near death, like he.
Speaker 2: Rip him out and a limb is gone. That's better than what this outcome has become.
Speaker 1: They killed the shark, and now they want to mummify the shark and put it in a museum in Egypt, which I think is so horrible, weird and horrifying, and I don't understand. So if anyone would like to ride into the podcast to tell me if that's something that they just do in Egypt, I don't know. For me, just not being very educated in things that go into museums in Egypt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every shark, or are they if.
Speaker 2: It because of this reasoning, I don't know. That is morbid And.
Speaker 1: They found when they cut the shark open, they found his body parts inside the shark. I don't know why anyone would feel the need to mummify this and put him in a museum.
Speaker 3: That's horrifying. And I don't know, Like I said, I don't know the practices. I don't know if this is a cultural thing. It could be a sign of respect.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But my initial thought is like horrifying. If any of my loved one, if a loved one of mine died that way and the shark was going to put be put.
Speaker 4: In a building, I'd burn it down. I burned the building to the ground.
Speaker 1: Of course you would. Wild. Isn't it so freaking wild?
Speaker 3: That's really heartbreaking. I didn't even realize it was like, it's awful, that's awful.
Speaker 1: So as you guys know this is the podcast of Tangents. There's my We We spoke a little bit about some nostalgic memories in Newport. I've spoken about the tragedy with the submarine, the tragedy with the Tiger Shark. Let's bring it back up a bit.
Speaker 5: If you want to go down, just go to Disneyland Mimo ride safe, secure, Yes, yes, fun fun.
Speaker 1: But then I started talking to people about that and their mom was like that, right, does scare me every time? And I'm like, why didn't you mention those Maybe we shouldn't go on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you're good, are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: You can see the tops of them when they're going and like where you go like under, like your tops are still Like know the person the girl who stands up in the middle, Yeah, their heads are above the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's That's the best ride ever. I just put my face against the window.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you. I fall asleep, and ninety five percent of the time it's the fact. It's a good one. It's good naps.
Speaker 1: It is a great knap spant and Ocean puts her hands on under her chin, and looks out the window. I think it's pretty primo nap Timber.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till she's tall enough to ride the coasters.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many times I've taken her? Every time I go to Disney, which is like once a month, I always put her under and I'm like, are we old enough for space monk?
Speaker 4: Do you always like it?
Speaker 2: I think she'd love it.
Speaker 1: She so when we do the Pirates ride Pirates of the Caribbean, which is so weird by the way, because I say it when I say that I'm like going to the Caribbean. I say I'm going to the Caribbean, but with Pirates, I say Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: If you said I'm going to the Caribbean for vacation, I'd be like, are you okay?
Speaker 1: But when you think it would be weird if I was like Pirates of the Caribbean, Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I've never even heard it said like that me neither. I've never heard it said like you just said it. Either, like I'm going to the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: You say I'm going to the Caribbean, and I'm going to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, exactly how you say it. Wait what you were saying? Does she get? I think so when we do that ride, which is not like a rollercoaster at all, obviously, it's just a drop in a boat, but I can feel her body pressed against mine and I can feel her face get nervous and she's gripping my arms. And then at the end she's so fine, so fun, and I go, you want to do it again? Just no? But then every time I ask her what right do you want to do? And at Disney she says pirates Yoho and I'm like, you want to do the Yoho rynchos? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But she does it every She's done it every time. Maybe just in the moment it's like, that was fun, but not gonna do it again. That's me on roller coasters. Not gonna do it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think Jack Jack all day?
Speaker 1: Oh Jack Jack. Yeah. The roller coaster, which one is Jack Jack? The one that gets upside down at California Adventure. It's only one, It's only one upside Yeah, we get the hopper pass.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: So I called Brittany the other day and I was like, did you book for for August for Disney? Because like, literally they are booked solid June and July, and she's like, mad shows that I can go anytime, And I realized that it's because we have like the mediocre Disney. I need to upgrade. Oh, Junior July are fully booked out for me?
Speaker 2: And every time, because she was like, we can't go those days, I was like, why.
Speaker 1: Looked completely booked?
Speaker 3: They kind of are the Wait now you're making me panic? Did we book you guys for August?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, That's.
Speaker 1: Why I asked her, did we upgrade? I'm going to upgrade when I get there because I'm sick of these blackout dates because now it's turning into blackout months that I will not stand for.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Universal? Do you love it?
Speaker 1: I don't love it. Ocean loves it, though it's more kid friendly for her, there's more stuff that she can do.
Speaker 2: No, for sure, I hate the Harry Potter Ride. I throw up on it every time.
Speaker 1: Then why do you continue to go on it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm like Ocean, Ocean's vomiting but just not getting physically ill. I love the Harry a little scared.
Speaker 2: The one that flips you up. And yes, you're flying.
Speaker 4: Around on a broom or whatever you're supposed to be like pretending right.
Speaker 2: Had to close my eyes.
Speaker 1: Easton has to take a dramamine for road trips, so I don't know why he thinks that he can just do Harry Potter rides.
Speaker 4: I get motion sickness too, though.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know what, I'll sacrifice and I'll go on the ride with my buddies for two minutes and then I'll feel.
Speaker 2: Like shit for four hours. Yeah, but it it's worth for two minutes.
Speaker 1: No, it's not for me, It's not really worth it. I started getting carsick. I didn't realize because I'm always driving. But the other day Ocean wanted me to sit in the back with her, so I did, and I was like, oh, I'm getting like carsick. So two things have happened since I gave birth. My gag reflex is horrific. I cannot put anything.
Speaker 2: Sorry boy.
Speaker 1: But then I asked Katie. I was like, you said that because I was a bad no. But I asked Katie. I said, this is a problem. I'm using a tongue scraper and I'm not even going very far back, and I'm like gagging. How am I ever going to go proper blow job, and she was like, it's a completely different feeling. Like I gag with the tongue scraper too, so like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 5: The good thing is you use a tongue scraper because I do too, multiple I know a lot of people who don't. So for the ones who don't, get that tongue scraper.
Speaker 1: Yeah on Amazon.
Speaker 5: Yeah cheap.
Speaker 2: And that's the way you keep your breath too.
Speaker 5: A lot of people don't know that fresh breathy.
Speaker 1: Keep the fresh. I just don't think i even need to worry about it if I'm good at giving blowjobs because like the only I'm only going to give them to like intimate part, Like you have to be my boyfriend. Yeah, Like I'm not just handing him out.
Speaker 3: And then you could practice on him, like each week you go a little bit deeper until you've got it, and.
Speaker 2: Then you can tell him like I'm sorry, well stuck.
Speaker 1: At this, like I've really got to get him to love me hardcore because I may vomit on him a few times.
Speaker 4: Should see if I did that.
Speaker 3: If I did that, if my gag reflexes were that bad, no more blow drops.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I feel like the guy at that point if I had a girlfriend that was giving me blowjobs and for some reason, I'm she can't go all the way down, props to me. I'm shooting off over here.
Speaker 1: It was a hairs eye.
Speaker 4: Nobody everyone's getting.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 5: But like if she threw up on me, I'd be like, this is not for you and we'll do other things.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 4: I would hope.
Speaker 1: Mom and dad did such a good job with you.
Speaker 5: I would be like, clean that off and get back at it.
Speaker 1: Of course you wouldn't. Okay. Lastly, it's kind of dark but also has a happy ending. Yeah, So this guy faked his own death and then did like are you why are you laughing? Chess?
Speaker 4: Because I know this story and keep going.
Speaker 7: He faked his own death and then appeared popped up at his own funeral, just as him as himself to and I quote, teach his family a valuable life.
Speaker 4: I will live my life aspiring to be that fucking cool.
Speaker 2: That is the move, Lisa.
Speaker 1: But I want to know how you.
Speaker 2: Guys are gonna miss me when I'm gone. This shows you all. I see it already, but I'd be pissed.
Speaker 4: If you were what if you were the person?
Speaker 1: And then when he really dies, you're gonna be sitting there going like do you think he faded? And you're gonna be like, have hope in your heart that he's going to reappear. He's the boy that cried Wolf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's not I get for the family. It's heartbreaking, but he's living his life. He's teaching lessons. That's like the move.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do that just to see who shows up and is crying. And I'm gonna be in the balcony of the church with binoculars making sure every single person in that church is crying.
Speaker 4: And if you don't have a tear, I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Talk about to figure out a way to get in that casket and start knocking.
Speaker 1: Because that was my other question, Like if you're.
Speaker 2: Just like hey, I'd be like, you fucking son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: I need to know the lengths he went to. Did he have a death certificate made? How did he take it?
Speaker 5: It would have to be a close cast it. I'll say'd be asking like, hey, can we see the body. I know a thing or two about having to get like when you have to either cremate or whatever.
Speaker 2: You have to identify the body. So how did he bypass that one?
Speaker 1: No? How did how did any of it happen? I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like the funeral was probably in on it, right.
Speaker 1: This had to have been the smallest town. Yeah, I feel like my sin. Don't ask me where it is, you know, I only read that.
Speaker 5: Tell Us where it was just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just talked about it, and then the listeners educated, and then we never talk about it again. We're like, oh that podcast, do you remember when we talked about this. This is actually what really happened. Anyway, Moving on, man fakes his own death.
Speaker 4: To teach family.
Speaker 1: If it's in a different country makes no, it was in the United States.
Speaker 3: I feel like small town the funeral directors.
Speaker 1: There's a video, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, hold on Mansfield, Ohio.
Speaker 1: A man in Belgium. No, it was definitely in a different country, arrived by helicopter.
Speaker 2: He had money.
Speaker 1: He reportedly faked his own death because he felt unloved.
Speaker 2: He better be the one with all.
Speaker 1: Now they're all rushing to him, crying, hugging. He wanted to see who and his family cared for him. Oh, this man needs to. He needs some deep work. Some family members were unaware of the stunt.
Speaker 4: Oh some, just some, So it must have been just a few.
Speaker 5: Then. Oh so the ones that were treating him well were probably and he was like, I'm going to do this to get the cock.
Speaker 6: I help.
Speaker 4: He parachuted in to his own funeral, I mean, came by.
Speaker 1: Helicopter even better landed.
Speaker 3: I give him props, and I think the family maybe learned a lesson.
Speaker 2: I don't understand if that got me.
Speaker 4: I'm cutting that one off, but see your family member.
Speaker 3: I feel like he probably didn't do it to the people that it would traumatize.
Speaker 4: If only some family members didn't know.
Speaker 5: That means you know what I'm saying, cousins and cousins and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I feel like he probably was honest to the ones that would traumatize.
Speaker 1: The stage funeral took place last week near Liege. I think that's how you say it. After one of Barton's daughters reportedly wrote a tribute to her father on social media and said, rest in peace, daddy. I will never stop thinking about you. Why is life so unfair? Why you you were going to be a grandfather and you still had your whole life ahead of you. I love you, we love you, we will never forget. The prank did not sit well with viewers, and many people criticize Barton for being cruel to his family. Beyond cruel. Okay, okay, my dad walked through the door right now, I liked it. Do you know the pain that you fucking cat? You don't need to worry about feeling loved because I officially write you the fuck off. You're crazy.
Speaker 4: If he did it to his own daughter.
Speaker 3: My viewpoints of change, I figure like distant family, like the daughter, the wife, the son.
Speaker 4: They're in on it now. I'm that's yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what a I don't want to say a normal person, but a person with self love would do if they're if distant family, if it was in fact the way you're saying, didn't act like they loved him.
Speaker 3: Fuck you your loss bite or go to therapy.
Speaker 1: There's many many versions. Yours would be the healthiest. Mine's a little abrupt.
Speaker 3: Just like, don't spend all that money faking your own death, go to therapy, right, I mean he.
Speaker 1: Had to have some money if he was helicoptering in to be like surprised. I'm alive right, and I feel so loved that you're all here.
Speaker 2: And crying goodbye.
Speaker 1: I've wounded you for all eternity, but it was worth it because now I feel loved. How selfish could you be? I don't like it, Jazz, They're gonna make a movie on it. Wow, that was almost not at all about vander pump Rules. The entire episode. That felt so good. I know things, Bravo, because I'm not caught up on anything. I have to get caught up on OC. I have to get caught up on Atlanta. Same same.
Speaker 3: I counted three times I forgot we were recording because I felt like we were just chatting it up.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if that's a good sign or bad sign.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: I like it recording in here, Yeah you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's more intimate. It feels like a conversation more than a production.
Speaker 1: You mean with Howie too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun though, well it's.
Speaker 1: Howie Mandela, You're going to walk into some little shed.
Speaker 5: I would have loved that.
Speaker 1: It was great. The interview space was great. We had great banter. Easton, you were amazing. That was the first time you co hosted with a guest. It was really good.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: You held your own. I thought, fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: It comes out next week and then you'll see BTS photos all of it.
Speaker 1: Well, Bravo is my life, and I care about all of their opinions and what they have to say. So if they hear it and say no, go, then we figure it out. But I'm falling in line. And I think I only said the F word once once.
Speaker 2: I said it more than you.
Speaker 1: I think I'm trying to, like, really, I want to ask you.
Speaker 5: This on this side of it, is it weird to have I don't know how it is for most of your guests, but Howie and having a million things to talk about and the only thing he wanted to talk about is Bravo.
Speaker 2: That was yeah, not how is it weird?
Speaker 1: Well, I had like yes, and it's always weird. It's like when I went to the White House Correspondence dinner and thought that this was my chance to make a change, and they were like, well enough about change it, Scott, you know, and then I have so many questions for how that had nothing to do and he was like so scanned about and I'm like I was.
Speaker 5: Even then trying to steer it away, even when I was trying to, like when I was honestly interrupted you and let me finish, I was like, with what I was trying to say, it was going to fucking go into a different direction, which hopefully would have taken him off of a scandabal, which would have put him into the conversation of his start.
Speaker 2: But then once you said that and you finished, he just went and I thought, fuck it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I think we had a great episode.
Speaker 2: It was perfect.
Speaker 1: It will come out. Yes. The one thing I want to say that we didn't talk about today on the mic with Howie was that when he did the interview with Sandoval, his daughter came in wearing a send it to Darryl's sweatshirt and how we said.
Speaker 2: You got it and brought one for him. She brought one for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was what they were talking about. Oh my god. He said, you got to take it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she brought one for him to wear, and he was like, we can't yet, and she we have to remain neutral.
Speaker 2: She was micromanaged.
Speaker 4: Good for Jackie.
Speaker 3: Jackie, she's very sweet and she has killed it every time. It's like, I know that how we got dragged, but I feel like and Jackie got like she said. I was talking to her today and she was like, no, I feel like I got dragged. But I'm like, I saw a lot of people saying Jackie saved it.
Speaker 2: I will say, no, she did.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of things that she like, good little side comments after how.
Speaker 2: We would make it like his ranch. She would be like, that's not the one.
Speaker 4: She's like, people are gonna hate you believe it that.
Speaker 2: She was like, I was kicking him under the table the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no, it'll be I'm excited for it to come out when it's supposed to come out. Yeah, all right, my loves. I hope you enjoyed this tangent of an episode. We hit some very high highs, some very folows. But happy hump day, happy first day of filming Vander Pumperle's Season eleven for me and we will catch you next week.