Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Monday, August twelfth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We're ready for live reps now. It's been your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Floyo and Lakwan Jones. Gentlemen, it's nice to be back in southern California. It's nice to travel. It is nice to travel. It's nice to go different places. It's always nice to come home and sleep in your own beds. In case you were wondering what we were talking about, the three of us, along with several hundred of our closest and maybe newest friends, we're in Can't Ohio over the weekend for the Fantasy Football Expo. Shout out to Bob Long and mostly the Lung family. It is like a family affair that helps put this thing on. Along with all the other volunteers and employees around there. They help put this thing together and make it so special, a lot of fun. Yet again this weekend Florida. I do want to ask you, because this was your first one, Lakwan and I have been there. This was your first expo. Your thoughts now that you have been a part of that madness for the weekend.
Speaker 2: I've already told everyone I'm coming back next year, So I think that sums it up. Like I had so much fun. Look, obviously it's cool to be with a bunch of like minded people who are as passionate about this as we are. But I always the best conversations aren't even about football, Like, yeah, me and Marcus We're talking like two thousands baseball for over an hour, like on Saturday night. That was a lot of fun with football, I mean, and then obviously networking and all the important stuff of the xpo. But my voice, if it sounds a little raspy or crack, I can hear a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not only did I do the expo all week, I got off the plane last night and I went directly to another bar for my friend's first ever show. Shout out to Tatau check out his music.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It was a good time. But I'm on the struggle bus right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, it's a it's a fun weekend. I will say, like I get home, Uh, my my mother in law's in the house, she's hanging out, and she says, well, what's the highlight of the weekend? And I said, well, it was probably the impromptu late night with football game that broke out on the downtown Canton, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you want to understand more, you can just go through my Twitter feed.
Speaker 3: Uh. The the amazing.
Speaker 1: And hilarious and talented Drew Davenport was, you know, swinging with fule Bat. Thanks to Eric Froton, who does a lot of great college football stuff for in BC. Yes in ALCA, shout out some Mariso Gutiers for bringing the Luca door masks.
Speaker 3: I should have worn mine for the show today. I did not. It's a it's in my room. I should have brought it. Didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you my highlight of this trio?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: We're in the car. Lakwalan already knows where I'm going with this. It's uh, it's Mike Daddy's home. FF I believe is his? Yes, Mike, Yeah, it's Coop. Everyone knows Coope Andrew Cooper. And then it's me and la Quan in the back and Coop calls me so that I have his number so we can connect, and he's like, Lakwan, I don't think I have your number. I'm gonna call it. Like he gets it. He goes, I'm gonna call you so that we could connect, and it just comes up on the quat's photo. Is Matt Harmon?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So apparently apparently God beardy white fantasy football guys all look alike to la Quan.
Speaker 2: No, listen, I'm Matt Harmon. Coop's Matt Harmon.
Speaker 3: If you're white, you're Matt Harmon. That's it. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Now that we said that probably fifty times and it's still hilarious. Like, I'm so embarrassed man, because the conviction and the passion. I was like, dude, I have your number, like you're I've had, I've exed you before.
Speaker 4: And then he calls me and my face just drops. I'm like, wait, I don't have Matt Harmon's number, Matt Harmon in my phone. I was like, oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 2: With Harmon and he was like, I don't think I ever gave my number to la Quan. That's why I was like, I know for a fact, I don't have his number. So I'm like, this is so weird, this is so awkward, man.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was the highlight for me.
Speaker 1: It was it is a blast of a weekend. If we had a chance to interact with you.
Speaker 3: I really am.
Speaker 1: I'm so grateful for everybody who came by to say hello, to shake hands, to talk. You know, if I met you for the first time, I trust me, I enjoyed it, and you know, look forward to the season, look forward to next year as well. For those of you who are listening to this and you have never been, one hundred and twelve percent would recommend it absolutely.
Speaker 4: Shout out to our Canadian listeners too, man, yeah, manou out to them.
Speaker 1: A lot of folks from the Great White North were hanging out and introducing themselves. So yeah, absolutely, absolutely so I recommend it next year.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Bob Lung like you said, Marcus, but also shout out to YouTube, because you two encouraged me for a while to come to this and you were like you just got it, like you sold it very well, but you guys were like, where not even doing it justice? And you guys it lived up like and exceeded it. And I had a great time with you guys, So thank you for pushing me to come.
Speaker 4: Absolutely man. Great team building for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, extually other football related news, because I guess that's what we do here on this show. There were preseason games over the weekend. There were a lot of preseason games over the weekend. One thing that's sort of jumped out to me, though, Marquise Brown actually had to go to the hospital after suffering a shoulder injury in Kansas City's game this weekend saw Xavier Worthy actually get a lot of run too, get a few targets as well.
Speaker 3: All those guys.
Speaker 1: Are bunched so close together when you talk about Brown, Worthy, Rashie Rice, they're all fairly close together in ADP, I mean Florida with this and not really knowing how serious it is, he's definitely gonna miss some time. We'll see how much is this enough to sort of knock him down the rankings considering we are, you know, it just seems to be like you sort of picked your favorite Chiefs receiver at this point.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately for me, my favorite has been Marquise Brown. I've written about him on like as one of my top ten values. I thought he had potentially wide receiver one in Fantasy football upside in this offense, and I don't want to say he doesn't anymore because we don't know the clarity But one big change that I am making this year that I learned the hard way last year. Like even after Cooper Cup got hurt last year, I was like, look, we're getting an injury discount baked in and everything. But I don't love taking players that get hurt in training camp who because just like Cooper Cup, like he could try to come back and one little setback could be multiple weeks again missed. And I've already seen some speculation that does this keep him out now the rest of camp? And that is something then you have to worry because could he be slow starting. So I do think I don't know exactly how far yet I'm going to knock him in the rankings, but I'm definitely going to be lowering him. And I think Xavier Worthy is the big winner of this because those two are very similar skill sets. And if Worthy now is gonna get more time in training camp and more time at practice and everything leading up to the start of the season. But we could see the Chiefs and they've said they're not gonna do this with him, but they always like to ease along their rookies. Maybe this pushes them to really not do that with Xavier Worthy and just set him free Week one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know, how are you feeling about this laquad in terms of, you know, what this means for Markeith Brown, what it means for guys like Worthy and Rushie Rice at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's definitely unfortunate, man, because I thought this would be the year that, you know, he has a quarterback where it's Patrick Mahons, where he's going to be able to stretch the field and do all the things that we loved but that he did with Lamar Jackson. But he just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: This dude's been banged up every season he's been in the league. So it's kind of unfortunate that, you know, he has to drop down in the rankings, And like Florio said, the slow start is really what I'm worried about. So now I'm kind of pivoting my attention to maybe Xavier or Worthy becomes maybe how Rashid Rice had his rookie year, he was actually productive, and I think this is a huge boost for both of those players. Like we still don't know the outcome of Rice and his all field situation, but I've been drafting a lot of him and Xavier Worthy as of late. So it's like, I honestly think, you know, Marquise Brown, he might not be able to be on my rosters this summer.
Speaker 3: Does Does Patrick Mahomes take a hit for either of you guys?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so, not much.
Speaker 3: No, okay, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still like they have if Worthy wasn't there, and now all of a sudden it looked like it was gonna be the exact same room we're kind of similar to last year.
Speaker 4: Then more Rice is suspended for six to eight games, and you know, yeah, that will be huge.
Speaker 2: They need that downfield ability and as long as one of those two guys are there to provide it, I'll feel okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I was just like, I'm really just thinking about this because obviously, if they don't have one of their downfield threats, does it look like last year's offense again? But if Worthy can sort of fill that role, then I think we can feel okay about where Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Is going is a little more risk because we know Mark Keith Brown can do that at the NFL level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we have, we have. You know, again, we haven't seen Xavier Worthy do it. We all believe we haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: They've all been sharing that shame video of like Xavier Worthy of getting pushed down off the line, Like come on, man, that's a huge and eighty pound linebacker.
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean yeah, but we also that was also I think a concern right when when he was drafted that he is obviously incredibly fast. He is not a big guy though, in how he would handle press coverage. Like, yeah, it's not gonna always be a giant linebacker and he's lined up against but you know, how would he handle it against physical corners. So I think that's still still a concern, But you're right, Andy Reid can sort of scheme around that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: It was a good weekend for rookie quarterbacks across the league. Michael pennocks at over one hundred passing yards. He looked very good. Jayden Daniels I saw the rushing touchdown highlight. I don't know how many times come up on my timeline this past weekend. Passing number fine two of three, forty five yards, Caleb Williams four of seven passing ninety five yards, thirteen rush yards, but just some Caleb like highlights him real rolling out one way and then throwing darts back the other way to wide open guys. Bears fans were absolutely euphoric on my timeline over the weekend just watching Caleb Williams play. JJ McCarthy came in later against the Raiders and had one hundred and eighty eight yards a couple of touchdown passes. Bo Nicks had a touchdown pass, led four different scoring drives. So I think overall it was a good weekend for the top level rookie quarterbacks across the league. I'll start with you, Lakwan, did this change your opinions about any of these guys?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: This class is ready to go. I mean, I'm looking at Panics, like, he looked real comfortable, he looked good, he wasn't afraid to take those deep shots. Like it was really refreshing to see this Falcons offense kind of I'm going with a different swagger and like man like. I was really excited to see like the highlights of Michael Pennis And I'm like, hey, Kirk Cousins been not slip. I'll tell you what, he bet not have a slow start and starting out one in three or one in four. I'm pretty sure we might see Penix this season if you know, if Kirk Cousins is not back healthy from the Achilles there. But man, I mean, all these guys became winners in my book, you know, like it's really good to see Jayden Daniels and see Michael Pennix and Caleb Williams. All these guys really heat. But Pennix was my favorite. You know, just high hopes for this, you know, Falcons offense.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Penix we know is not gonna start unless something happens to Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: I mean, Florya.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem like JJ McCarthy's going to be the starter. Just it feels like they're gonna go with Darnold and McCarthy is there in case something goes sideways. Bow Knicks seems like the interesting one, right, Jay and Daniels is starting in Washington, Caleb Williams is starting in Chicago. We pretty much know that bow Knicks is in a little bit of a competition. Does this give him a leg up? Do we want to see him start just because we sort of know, you know, we know it at Stidham is we know what Zach Wilson is.
Speaker 3: Are we rooting for bow Knicks at this point.
Speaker 2: I am. And since the draft, my mindset has been, like you, this is one who fantasy people should want to start, and two, this is who the Broncos should want to start. We, like you said, we know who Zach Wilson and Jared stidem are. They're backups at the NFL level. You used a first round pick, You're in cap hell the next two years. It is the perfect situation to give this rookie as many reps as you can to know if you have a guy or not. And he looked so good and my and my thing is that I know him. Not the first person to say this though, but when there's a competition between a veteran and a rookie, the veteran needs to run away with the job. In my opinion, if they are close, go with the rookie or the kid and see what you have there while they're on a rookie deal, like that's when you could strike. So I don't love sitting a rookie for someone like Stidham. So I thought bo Nicks was a big winner, But I also thought JJ McCarty. Look, it was on while we were all watching tm USA together, So I won't say I was locked in on but outside of that interception, I thought he looked really good and he had really good placement to some throws on the sideline. Caleb is a playmaker. You can't teach that, and you saw that immediately come out. But the other thing I Pennix, like Lacwel was saying, you feel better, I think about taking London and Pittston because you know, if something happens to Cousins, there's a competent, competent backup there. But I did love seeing my man Jayde and Dany. He only threw three times, but he connected on a deep ball to Johan Dotson, which that got me John Dotson two playing out of the slot. Take note of that because that that definitely makes him someone that I want to target in the later rounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very excited about what I saw out of Penix. And it was very funny because most of us in Campton were locked in on the USA France gold medal game. I can assess part of the King's Classic Draft. We were all kind of like, hey, let's speed this along so we can kind of get out of here over this, go watch this basketball game somewhere but you know, it was nice to kind of keep it keep an eye, keep one eye on some of these preseason football games too, to kind of get a sense of who is doing what. The crux of the show, we're going to continue our division previous We got two divisions left. They are the Eastern Division. So today we'll have the AFC East. On Wednesday we will have the NFC East. So take a break, come back, and dive in into the American Football Conference Eastern Division on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 3: Starting with the AFC East.
Speaker 1: As always, it is alphabetical order, so that gets us to the Buffalo Bills and their top scorers from last year as Florido celebrates Josh Allen. No surprise, he was the QB one overall four hundred and ten point nine points.
Speaker 3: James Cook the top running back in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: He was ORB twelve in fantasy two hundred and thirty two point seven, Stefan Diggs two hundred and seventy three point eight points. That was good for wide receiver nine, and Dalton kink one hundred and fifty point three points tight end eleven. So good good first season for Dalton kinkaid in the offseason the Bills. Obviously, they moved on from Stefan Diggs. That was a big part of it. They traded him to the Houston Texans. They also let Gabe Davis walk. Some of the other losses from the off season quarterback Kyle Allen, Damian Harris, running back retired, Latavius Murray. I believe it's still a free agent if I'm not mistaken right now. Deonta Hardy, Trent Sherfield also gone from Buffalo.
Speaker 3: They did add.
Speaker 1: Mitchell Trubisky and Chase Claypool and Mac Hollins in free agency. They signed Curtis Samuel as well as Marcus Valdez Scantling. They spent a second round draft pick on Keon Coleman and a fourth round draft pick on running back Ray Davis. First Bill off the board, no surprise, it's Josh Allen going in the middle to late parts of the second round generally. So I am going to ask this to Lakwan first, because you know, I don't I don't want to prize all right, we will get to it.
Speaker 3: Oh, then maybe I'll start with you. Then I want to be surprised.
Speaker 1: I mean, should Josh Allen be drafted as the QB one, given really the fact that it's a brand new wide receiver corps that he's got there.
Speaker 3: I mean, pretty much everybody is new this year.
Speaker 1: We know he can run with the ball, but is it's still enough for him to be drafted as the first quarterback.
Speaker 2: I think he should be the first quarterback taken, but I am never going to be the one taking him. It's twofold one. It's because I think quarterback is deeper than ever. So when you look at the fall off, say from like a round two quarterback to like round seven, you're getting like Kyler Murray, round eight to nine, you could get Jaden Daniels. I think that falloff is much smaller than say a wide receiver or a running back fall off from round two to seven. But even beyond that, I don't think people realize Josh Allen was the QB one with Joe Brady last year, but it was because he had eleven rushing touchdowns in nine games. That is unsustainable. His passing numbers got way worse with Joe Brady than they were with Ken Dorsey or with Brian Dables. So I think, look, there's still the rushing numbers and He's still gonna put up at least respectable passing numbers, I think. But because of all of that, I don't find myself taking any of the elite quarterbacks this year Alan Hurts. They've all had some sort of change, and it's quarterback is deeper than ever. So because of those two reasons, I have like two shares maybe of Josh Allen and Bestball, just to have some but not much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's wild because I'm with you, I don't. I don't have much of Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. I mean, I've drafted some Lamar Jackson because I just think he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Have a huge season.
Speaker 1: But I mean, lukwan are are I won't say we're I won't say are we over drafting Josh Allen because I don't think that's I don't think that's true.
Speaker 3: No, just because of where the ceiling is.
Speaker 1: But I mean, is it really worth it to take that swing on him because it just feels like the gap between him and everybody else is not that big?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I disagree. I think he is the QB one though, Like I'm really surprised you guys put me on an Island for this segment, though, we were all collective and understand like, oh, yeah, this guy is the guy. But man, like the fifteen rushing touchdowns, I do think that's gonna like come down a bit, but maybe not because I honestly think that, you know, once Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills made their own version of the toushpush, Like, I feel like that's where majority of those touchdowns came from because he's a bigger quarterback, and I honestly think the gap between him and Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson is obviously because he plays a lot of hero ball, He's gonna get you more passing yards those guys, So four thousand yards is on the table. Plus he's gonna be able to execute in the red zone a lot better than Jalen Hurts, I believe, without Jason Kelce with the Toush push. But I'm just looking at it, like, man, the dude average twenty five Fantasy points per game with Joe Brady, so I do feel like versus Ken Dorsey in those ten games, it was at like twenty two on the scale of almost like to twenty twenty one most weeks, but I'm looking at Josh Allen as the QB one just based on what we're about to get. We're about to get Khalis Shakir and Don't Kin Ki breakout happening, Gonna plant that flag right now. They're gonna be coexisting, these guys that you want to have, and Josh Allen is gonna be going to these guys just based on we know that he loves targeting that slot. And it feels like a similar situation with you have Evan Ingrom and then you have Christian Kirk with those guys just relying on the slot. And we all know Cole Beaz he went three season in a row with one hundred plus target So I think right now Joe Brady understands and knows that he has what's in the building. The talent that he has and the love he has with Khalil Shakir and Don't Kin Kid is going to be such a huge factor for this offense. So I'm looking at Josh Allen like nothing really happened. It's not that anything got worse. I just feel as though, like the gap between the other rushing quarterbacks and drafts of the Leafs, Josh Allen is going to be able to clear those guys when it comes to passing yards, when it comes to rushing touchdowns, just overall touchdowns as well.
Speaker 2: He needs to he goes left every time on the toush push. He needs to adjumpt. Yeah, yes, definitely.
Speaker 4: But he's a bigger he's a bigger quarterback, so like he can create these opportunities on his own as well, Like he'll rush it from outside the ten yard line, He'll be at the twenty two and end up somewhere close to the end ending.
Speaker 2: And the yard rushing touchdown the playoffs too.
Speaker 4: Like, dude, like this is like crazy, Like I really look at it as like the price is hefty, but I'm not going to be mad.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: If I have to get him in the middle or the back end of that second round, if guys that I like at the wide receiver position there are gone, then I'm getting sniped whatever. I'll get the QB one on that back and in the second round.
Speaker 1: I've just I've never gotten to that spot in the draft and felt like I need to take a quarterback here.
Speaker 4: I know it's a nasty feeling, but if it's Josh Allen, I'm confident.
Speaker 3: I'll do it all right, all right, I really was. I mean, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad at least one of us is on the other side of this, right, because it would have been boring for you.
Speaker 2: Guys put me on the island the one topic.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, yeah, I mean, so Lakwan got into Khalil Shakir a little bit. That mean Flora, who is the wide receiver one on this team with Stefan Diggs on.
Speaker 2: Khalil Shakira is my favorite value of them all. I don't think enough people take note of what happened down the stretch. Last year. He was top two amongst all wide receivers and Fantasy points per target and per opportunity. He was third and yak per catch, he led the position in yards per target, and he had the best catch right of all time. Plus in the playoffs he was getting highly targeted. He made the two plays of each game where and against the Steelers he did that duck and under and he scored the touchdown and then somehow caught the one against the Chiefs that that was extremely impressive. So I think he is the best value for all the reasons. LQ was saying too how much Allen loves the slot Cole Beasley all of that, but I think key On Coleman should be the first one drafted because I think the ceiling is very high. I know, Like I was laughing to my self hungover in the hotel room Sunday morning, because I saw a bunch of tweets that were like key On Coleman can't separate, and I'm like, one, if you're only realizing this now, you didn't watch his college tape, yes, but when when I wrote about him before the draft, even like before he was a Bill or anything, I was like, this guy is quarterback dependent. And what I mean by that is I don't think any he could be successful with any quarterback because of the separation issues. But he is massive, He's got a huge catch radius. He is the best contested catch wide receiver that Josh Allen has ever played with. He's Allan has never had a weapon like Coleman. And that's why he handpicked Coleman out of this group of receivers and said, get me that guy. And yeah, there might be separation issues, but when you can do all of that and you have a quarterback like Josh Allen who could put it on a laser. I don't. I don't think this set like. I think he's gonna be fine. And I said, like, if he gets a strong armed quarterback like Alan Mahomes someone like that, he can succeed and be at a high level in the NFL. And he got that, so I'm excited. I think he might be a little bit slow starting, but I expect him to quickly take over as the X and be out there consistently. And I think the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Is very, very high.
Speaker 1: Any How do you gus feel about Curtis Samuel? Maybe not the wide receiver one I am had?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really well, damn yeah, what's wrong with you today?
Speaker 3: Are you not?
Speaker 2: Like? What are we doing? Everyone is getting hyped up for Curtis Samuel. I'm just not. I know when he played his best, it was with Joe Brady, but I went and I dug into that season a bit. He was still third in usage amongst their wide receivers, but he excelled because he was getting used a lot like a running back because Christian McCaffrey had a season ending injury that year, so with them having two running backs that could be used in the passing game, and then Shakir and Kincaid who could also win underneath. I think Curtis Samuel is a really really good real life piece. I just think he's one of those players that's all floor for fantasy and that's not the kind of player that I like to draft.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm been starting to buy in just because of that versatility a little bit, which admittedly that goes against my general philosophy of things, right, because Curtis Samuel in reality, sort of has Duke Johnson tendencies, you know, right, But I like Duke Johnson as a player. But my thing with Duke Johnson and it applies to Curtis Samuels. Duke Johnson was a good running back on a team that always on a team with better running backs. And he was a good receiver, but always on a team with better receivers. And it sort of feels like Curtis Samuel is kind of falling down that same path where you know, you can use him in the backfield, you can use him as a runner, you can use him as a receiver, but there are always gonna be guys who are slightly better. But nonetheless, because there is a void here, right because everybody's still trying to figure out their roles in this offense, it does feel like there's an opportunity. Maybe it's one of those things where he breaks out early, sort of fades as the season goes along, and maybe that's when key On Coleman takes over. But right now, I'm I'm starting to buy in a little bit on Curtis Samuel. I mean, like, look at a DP or blow if he falls. Like, I'm not reaching to get Curtis Samuel, but but I have I have told myself a story where there is a path to him being viable, at least at the first part of the season.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, can we please never say if they use him like Debo's.
Speaker 1: What it's because I that phrase entered my head and I'm like, i am not going to say it out.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 2: Say it. I'm like, like, there's one debo that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it did cross my mind, and I said, I.
Speaker 4: Can't Walmart version of Debo with Jaydeen Reed. I think that dry Land there you go? Is he like great value debo, Curtis great value? There you go, great value, great value Debo? There it is Oh my god, last question about the Bills, lakwan. How much of a threat is Ray Davis to James Cook? Oh, man, I does you think it's a huge threat man? Just based on his college tapes? Man, I mean, the dude had a thousand rushing yards at three different D one schools and apparently, as perk Kentucky media guy, he's the first college player to ever do that. So therefore, this dude is very talented, very talented. The dude had seven receiving touchdowns fourteen rushing touchdowns, so he knows where the end zone is at. He's able to break tackles. He's just just as explosive as James Cook. So James Cook better watch out, man. I mean, he bet not slip either. He's very close into the talent wise where I think, you know, Joe Brady's gonna have a ton of fun with him, especially in the red zone.
Speaker 1: I mean, by the way, that that is an nil transfer portal era stat the whole like thousand yards at three Division one, So I mean it really is like it's just it's the thing that never the reason it never happened before because guys couldn't really transfer that like and if you were transferring that many times, you know those chances you just weren't getting on the field for.
Speaker 4: The dude ken ball man. He's my RB in my rookie rankings behind Jonathan Brooks, and I put him that high just him going to the Buffalo Bills and having this scoring opportunity, Like the dude head is on a swivel in the passing game as well, So it's like I could really see him and James Cook splitting that role as well.
Speaker 2: And that's the scary I agree one hundred percent, and that last year the Bills did not have another like they liked Ty Johnson at times for spell like spurts, but they did not have a running back. In my opinion, that they felt confident like, hey, we could give James Cook a drive off, and I think it's possible the Bills could rotate like two drives for Cook, one for Ray Davis. And because I don't know, if you like, last year, James Cook had legitimately like four dropped touchdown passes, and from what reporters are saying, he's dropping someone in the training camp as well, So that's I also think Ray Davis is a threat to take Josh Allen's rushing touchdown, not all of them, but some of them, because I think that's the role they wanted Damien Harris to play last year, and we two his season was over. I think they emphasized getting a power back for goal line situations. So I'm with you, LQ. I have not taken a ton of James Cook, but I have so much Ray Davis.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the way. I honestly think like his price is still cheap. Like the average player right now is are looking at James Cook and they're wondering why his ADP is kind of low right now, and it's because of Ray Davis. So I will honestly not completely fade James Cook, but I don't want to pay that price where I can just wait and get Ray Davis, because if it's playoff time and he's cooking, I honestly see Ray Davis making some really good pushes for the playoffs for a lot of teams.
Speaker 2: Cook is a very solid floor, but I think Davis and Allen's rushing caps the ceiling.
Speaker 4: Caps hit man. It definitely caps it. It's kind of nasty.
Speaker 1: You mentioned like Ray Davis could take some of those goal line opportunities.
Speaker 3: I have been waiting for you, and every year I'm like, this is gonna be the year.
Speaker 1: The Bills just aren't going to use Josh Allen as a goal line back, and like I've been wrong every single year. Yeah, it's like standing on the corner and shouting the world is ending. Like if I say it enough, eventually it's gonna be right. That was their emphasis this last preseason. They were like, were no on and then he had fifteen He's literally set the franchise record rushing, right, but like at some point it's you know, yes, you know whatever, it's gonna end.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll GiB you like six. I don't think he'll ever give you less than six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and that's the floor, six to eight.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like the old Lebron tweets that that surfaced. He's thirty years old, this free is.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We are here, we are ten years later, here, still years later, it's still happening. All right, let's move Let's move on to the Miami Dolphins last year to a tongue of iloa two hundred and eighty four point four points QB nine or he mostered to sixty seven point seven. He was the RB five Tyreek Hill, who started just lightning fast and then kind of slowed down. Injuries kind of slowed him a little bit late in the season three seventy six point four wide receiver two.
Speaker 3: I had to dig a while to find the top side end in Miami.
Speaker 1: It was for the record, it was Durham smythe gave you maybe seventy one points six points. That was good for tight end thirty four. In the offseason, they said goodbye to a couple of wide receivers, Robbie Chosen, Chase Claypool and Cedric Wilson. They also parted ways with Tyler Croft, a tight end. The offseason they went and I signed Odell Beckham Junior. They also added some tight ends Jody Fortson and John new Smith. They spent a fourth round pick on Jalen Wright, a sixth round pick on Malik Washington, and a seventh round pick on wide receiver Taj Washington.
Speaker 3: No relation at least as far as I know. First dolphin off the board TYREEG.
Speaker 1: Hill, going right around the third pick in the first round in most drafts. So Floria Stua came out, had a really good start to his season. The back half of the year was not so great. What is his ceiling? He was the QB nine last year.
Speaker 2: Is that his ceiling?
Speaker 3: Can he somehow get better than that?
Speaker 2: No, I think that's his ceiling. He was the QB nineteen in fantasy points per game, which blew my mind because like he was so good for a while, Like he had the most he led the NFL and pass attempts inside the five yard line, he had the most yards on deep passes, he didn't miss any time. Tyreek Hill was on the pace for an MVP season. Jalen Wattle was doing his thing, and yet this guy couldn't average eighteen fantasy points per game, like to me, because he's not going to run at all and we know that, So that right there caps the upside. But also in the second half of the season he was to QB twenty three. And I know, bad weather narratives and stuff get tired, but like that's the thing with this guy in which this Miami team, Yeah, it's really like you saw it. When they go to cold weather cities, they do not play well. So I say it a lot. I don't want to really want to win in September. I want to win in December and January. So that to me is I don't really find myself heavily targeting to it. But I will say, if you there's a right build with him, like if you take Jayden Daniels or if you take Caleb Williams, maybe you don't want to start those guys right away. You want to see it first, someone like Tua in September in that Miami heat. Yeah, you want to play him then. So I think that is the way if you want to have two on your team.
Speaker 3: That is I mean, yeah, have to say.
Speaker 1: I mean Lakwan it is he is he an every week startable quarterback, Like he's just the guy you draft, you just put him in the lineup and just forget about it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I mean when we look at two, we look at a guy like he has all these weapons around him. He has the speed demons. That's that's what I call the Miami Dolphins offense. The speed demons, like the speed Infinity gauntlet that Michael Daniels Mike McDaniels walked around with, and it's like, how is this guy not putting up like crazy numbers every single week? And the last three seasons, this dude only has ten games of over twenty plus Fantasy points. It's really nasty, Like he's in that range of the Geno Smiths and the Trevor Lawrences when it comes to fantasy and it's like, how is this possible? You just led the NFL in passing yards last season. You're not giving a sending thing on the ground. So it's like, we're definitely looking at the ceiling where he's a quarterback that gives you fifteen Fantasy points per game, Like you're not winning any leaves with like that with him as your QB one, Like Florio said, you had to build him. If you're gonna take the chance on Caleb Williams, if you're gonna go with Jayden Dams, even Anthony Richardson who's coming back from injury and you're still worried about him, you go ahead and grab a security blanket like a Geno Smith or a Tua, Like you don't ever draft Tua as your QB one going into the season because this dude falls apart and we're gonna bring the weather up. I mean, the dude averaged thirteen Fantasy points per game in the months of October, November, and December. That is bad people, That is terrible. So once it gets cold outside in this holiday season and you're on a playoff run or you're trying to get to the playoffs, you're gonna rely on to a sorry to break your heart, You're you're probably not going to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I mean it's wild because I feel like, I feel like this time of year ago, we were like, yeah, man two was like set up for a big, big season, and it felt like it was happening, and then when it didn't, So now we're all just kind of like, all right, I guess this is who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his first four games are in Miami if you want to get that warm, and there's a huge advantage in Miami that doesn't get talked about enough because the visiting players are in that sun the entire game in humidity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the sun. Yeah, now, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I Mean that's what's been interesting between the the Dolphins and Bills is you know, like Buffalo having to go to Miami early in the season when it's crazy hot, and then Miami going back to Buffalo, like you know, after Thanksgiving when it's you know, it's buffaloing outside.
Speaker 2: How lost to them one time in the last like five years, and it was the game where the game winning drive gave Davis and Stefan Diggs are getting ivs on the sideline they can't move.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, yeah, oh man, that's wild Lukwan. Who is the third option in the passing game? And do we want that player?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean we know Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle, those are your one and two.
Speaker 3: Who is number three? Is it anybody that we have an interest in drafting?
Speaker 4: So it's funny. I was He's on the plane like prepping for the show. I was writing this down and like I I joking, like I'm still looking at it, like it's in like a little fun I was like John new Smith and then I was like, wait, why not John Newsmith man? Like this could be fine, Like he could be the third option. I really think that people are not really looking at John new Smith way because he's had a kind of like a journeyman Tennessee Falcons and even New England. Like I forgot he was on New England, like he was just underutilized. But now I feel like he's in a situation where he actually has a path to have like some valuable targets. And here's why the Dolphins run the third few with three wide receiver sets. So therefore you're not selling me on Odell Beckham. Like to me, he's just a name. At this point, he's on the back in his career. I don't see him being a huge threat to defenses anymore. Like he'll sporadically be put on the field to do this and this and that. But we already know it's the one and two. John Newsmith is an interesting person to be able to get grabbed up because a lot of people would think he would follow Arthur Smith to Pittsburgh. But how I'm looking at this Dolphins offense. They were top five in screen passes, and I bring up the screen passes to tight ends because they are trying to get something going. Now that you have somebody that can execute this, you have somebody like John new Smith. I go back to that Vikings games last season. He took it to the house. It was like a forty seven yard touchdown. This dude is able to get into open space yards out there to catch. We know him as the yak king when it comes to the tight ends. Very explosive. Mike McDaniel. He got the speed demons over there, and I think he's going to unlock John new Smith. My counterpoint to that is Mike Gasicki, and he didn't like him. I mean, but you know an athletic pass catching tight end who you know, I look at Gasicky sort of admitted that he was essentially a big slot receiver. Like when you said I have to learn to play tight end, that to me was a huge red flag. But you had an athletic pass catching tight end and he's still get out third. He had smife out producing him, like, he ran more routes. He was on the field a lot more than gets that year, and it was just weird. It was just like, oh this this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: But I mean saying he's not fast, I mean, I guess my concern Florio is that, you know, can TUA support a third pass catcher when you have to get the ball so much to Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle, Like, is there just enough for a third guy there?
Speaker 2: If we count the running backs as the third pass because they're gonna be heavily involved in the passing game as well. But if I am taking anyone here I'm not gonna say I'm as bullish as Lakwalan on John new Smith because that's the guy. But if I was to take a second guy, a third guy there after, not including the running backs, it would be Smith because as like a late round dart throw, because the bar for tight end is so much lower.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And if you look odell is, I hope he has fun in Miami. I hope he recreates a picture. I think his days of being a Fantasy contributor are are long gone. And behind him there's Brax and Burrios and then I don't even think the Dolphins super fans would be able to name the other receivers on the roster right now. It's it's a whole bunch of guys that no one's ever heard of.
Speaker 3: Job, so hey man, some respect on river.
Speaker 1: Craycraft's name a yore Craft.
Speaker 2: That's a great name, great name. I wish he was good because that name is so much fun. But I agree. I think Mike McDaniel cares about one thing and its speed, and John new Smith is one of the fastest tight ends in the NFL, so I'll take a shot on him. But again that if any if he hits this year, no one was higher on him than LaQuan.
Speaker 4: If he hit them, I'll dye my hair blonde. Man, I'm going straight burrow up, Hi, Marcus, we got to hold him to that.
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 1: What is the threshold? What does John new Smith have to it for you to top five? Oh?
Speaker 2: That's setting it high. That's top five, top five? What if he's top ten? Would you?
Speaker 4: I still I probably would do something, but I'm not doing my hair blonde for top ten.
Speaker 2: It got it got a hit like big shave your head top ten? Has he ever done that? Let's see, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if he has.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to see where he peaked at. He never really got in the chants though.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I so how about this.
Speaker 1: If he's top ten, you shave your head because it'll it'll it'll grow back though, because you're fine.
Speaker 3: If he's not five, you die of.
Speaker 4: Blonde, going blond baby, right?
Speaker 3: Right? He was number ten in twenty twenty. He was, he was the tight end that.
Speaker 2: Nine or better blonde.
Speaker 4: This might actually happen now.
Speaker 3: We were doing us.
Speaker 1: If he is not, if he goes nine or better than than the year career year.
Speaker 4: All right, ship it, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Uh, you gotta remember because I probably won't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, none of us will remember this.
Speaker 1: Maybe one of the hopefully one of the listeners out there will tweet us and remind us about this after through the year.
Speaker 3: Florial.
Speaker 1: How much of a flying the ointment is Jalen Wright in that backfield?
Speaker 2: Does that? I mean, like, how annoying is he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Basically like how how much of a read too?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm thinking a bug like annoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's just like how annoying? How annoying is he potentially going to be? Because like, I don't think he's going to have enough to have a standalone role, Like he's gonna be really frustrating to try to have a standalone player. But I just think he's gonna do enough that makes us really upset about a Chan and Moster at I.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't think he's gonna have a I think he'll get maybe a handful at most. When you have those two guys and a Chan and most Aret, I still think they're gonna get like ninety percent of the work every week. And what I've been viewing right as is one I think he's a long like they know Raheem Mostert as soon as potentially this year, because fallofs for running backs happen overnight, so I think, and most aret, I know he stayed mostly healthy last year but has a history of missing time a chan struggled to stay on the field and when one when those guys were out, the lineup didn't look the same because they lost that speed at the running back position. So I think McDaniel was like, look, we need another burner in case these guys miss time and to be the long term replacement for Raheem Mostert. So I think he'll get some He'll dabble and get some work. But I also wouldn't be surprised if, like, he's a healthy scratch most weeks unless those guys miss time, because to be a third string running back you need to be able to contribute in other ways as well. And apparently he's super low on the depth chart right now. I don't buy into that at all, but I think he is, like if you're doing best ball draft, still where he's going. He is a good dart throw because the floor is legitimately zero, but the ceiling is so high.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you are you throwing darts at Jalen right Luquan Bestball drafts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all summer I've kind of been like, you know, just picking him up late in draft where hes gone. But in redraft, it's always gonna come down to like how large is your bench, Like if you're at the six, seven or even eight bench spot, I don't know if I can add him in the late rounds because at that point I'm still trying to get the good value on some of the wide receivers. But I really feel as though, like how Florio said, like you're gonna be picking him up just banking on, like I guess injuries that are probably gonna happen ahead of him because he does have two running backs that have like a lengthy injury history so far. So it's like, I really feel as though you're just gonna be holding your breath, you know, at some point of the season where he will start getting more involved just based off of an injury. But he's definitely a guy, underrated, underrated tool in fantasy. He's a watch list Like if something pops up, you get the notification, go straight to your watch list is right there. Put the waiver wire claim in for it's just.
Speaker 2: One those guys make shut The team that drafts him will cut him before.
Speaker 4: He hits exactly exactly, So just keep an eye on him all season because he's he's like, I don't want to undersell him, like he's getting buried in the depth chart. The dude's very talented, like he was able to produce, you know, high yards per carry behind a mid tier type of old line in Tennessee. So it's like one of those things where he's a producer, Like he gets the opportunity. I know he'll be with the show up for show out. It's just that you just have some bodies ahead of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's the talent thing with Jalen, right, I think it's a situation thing. He's just he's just in a very very crowded he's more always speaking the future, speaking of the Dolphins and Odell Beckham.
Speaker 3: Thiss just popped up on my timeline.
Speaker 1: He's remain He's expected to remain on the pup list this week, so basically nothing has changed.
Speaker 3: He's on the publish current.
Speaker 4: Collecting checks at this point, just ques checks and getting vibes man La Miami like this dude's chilling.
Speaker 3: Do your thing for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're halfway through the AFC. Take a break, come back at you the last two teams. Next on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, take gonna look at the New England Patriots. Last year, their top quarterback was Mac Jones one hundred and eighteen point three points QB thirty. Ezekiel Elliott was actually their top scoring running back as the Ramondre Stevenson was dealing with injury issues. There one hundred and seventy four and a half points for Zeke AREB thirty to Mario Douglas the wide receiver sixty four overall one hundred and seven point two points Hunter Henry, which your tight end nineteen one hundred and nineteen point nine there. In the offseason, they moved on from Mac Jones and Ezekiel Elliott Devonte Parker retired. They also moved on from Pharaoh Brown and Mike Gaesicki at tight end. They did go out and bring back Jacoby Brissett. They also signed Antonio Gibson, kJ Osborne Austin Hooper now calls New England home, as well as tight end Mitchell Wilcox. They spent the third overall pick on Drake May, second round pick on Jalen Polk, fourth round pick on Javon Baker. They did draft a second quarterback that was Joe Milton in the sixth and a tity and Jahen Bell in the seventh. First Patriot off the board, Lemandre Stevenson, but not until round six. So Florio, we've talked about We've talked plenty about Jalen Polk, We've talked plenty about Javon Baker because we like the shiny new things.
Speaker 3: But are we overlooking some of these guys?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: The Mario Douglas made some plays. Kendrick Bourne is a veteran who's been around this league. Are we over looking a lot of the other guys in that room?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sad. I'm not giving up on Javon Baker, but I do need to stop drafting him as much. Because they used five wide receivers before he entered the game the other day. It was on the fourth drive when Bailey Zappi was out there. You know who was the water. Kendrick Bourne was hurt. But kJ Osborne they were like, don't dress he might be the wide receiver one to start the year and it's gross. But this is a team where if I'm taking I don't want no offense to him. I don't want kJ Osborne. We know what he is and in an offense like this, he's not gonna produce for fantasy. So that is why I'm chasing the shiny new toys, because we know what these other guys are at this point, Uh Douglas. I could see the hype around Douglas, but I still think Jalen Polk. He played well the other day when he got to come in. He was out there with Drake may and and made some really nice catches. So I might I have I already have a ton of Javon Baker. I think in the drafts I still have. I'm gonna definitely try to get some Jalen Polk just to cover both bases there.
Speaker 1: I mean, Lakwan, this feels like one of those situations where the training camp videos actually sort of means something. I've got a lot of Jalen Polk training camp beatles. This one actually feels like there's some legs to this.
Speaker 4: Now, there's definitely some legs. He's definitely gonna be a contributor for that offense because I was just looking on the timeline, like reading the b writers thing, Like you see all positive reports about Jalen Polk and I'm like, Okay, well that's great. You know, that's one of the more refreshing things coming from this boring Patriots offense compared to last year. But I think we are overlooking some of these wide receivers. And the great thing about it is you're not paying a hefty price for any of them, Like you're gonna be getting one of these guys if it's Pop Douglas to Mario Douglas or if it's Jalen Polk or Jayvon Baker, like you're not paying a hefty price to where the expectations you should be bringing these guys in and taking all that positive news that they're getting, you know, through camp, and they're gonna honestly be guys that you're gonna have a rotation kind of for by it, like bye weeks and like guys that are banged up and you take them out, they're gonna be flex guys. So you're not paying a hefty price for any of these guys. So I'm taking a ton of shots on Javon Baker I'm taking shots on obviously, to Mario Douglas, that's my main guy that I love being at how explosive and creative that he can get, you know. So it's one of those things like don't be afraid to take a new Land Patriots wide receiver in drafts this year.
Speaker 1: Well, I think just because the ADP is nice, right, like you're not investing a whole lot, and so you know, I've drafted Polk, I've drafted Baker.
Speaker 3: You know. It goes back to the we know what some of these other guys are.
Speaker 1: And to your point, Florio, I mean, I think for for a guy like kJ Osborne, it's a floor play, right because the ceiling is not gonna be especially high, especially in that offense, regardless of who it is, right, whether it's whether it's Jacobi Brissett, whether it's Drake May, They're just the ceiling is not gonna be very high for any of those guys.
Speaker 2: And all of these guys are purely like later around.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, uh, Florida.
Speaker 1: Is there any value in drafting Antonio Gibson in this offense?
Speaker 2: I think so. So I'm I'm in the middle of writing my I I do it every year where I write about new play callers and and who could benefit or get hurt from them. And Alex Van Pelt has only called plays one time, it was two thousand and nine with the Bills, but he has been in Cleveland now for the last four seasons. What do all five of those years have in common? They heavily used two running backs, and I think we could see more of that. Plus like last year when Ramondre Stevenson missed time, Zeke Elliott was awesome. Like, I know, the efficiency wasn't great, but he was getting so much volume as the only back out there that like, he helped win me a championship and I played him every single week that Ramondre Stevenson was out. So I think Gibson, Look, I'm not saying he's gonna be like a weekly RB two, but he doesn't get drafted as that. He gets drafted a bench running back. And I do think it's possible where he could be like Kareem Hunt was for the Browns, where where he's coming in on some passing downs, he's coming into spell uh Stevenson give him a break at times, and then if anything happens, we know that this guy can handle a backfield to himself and and put up some numbers. So he's someone that in the last couple of weeks I have found myself when I'm in the like RB forties range, I've taken some shots on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Lakwan is he will he finally be the pass catcher that we wanted him to be in Washington.
Speaker 4: No, but obviously you have a Rodre Stevenson there. But I just feel like it's it's a good thing that he's going to be heavily involved in the passion game where this is actually a hit to Ramondre Stevenson. I've been fading him since Best Ball drafts have been able to get open, and definitely in redrafts, I'm not interested. Even though his ADP is not high, it's not bad, but I just feel like it's a trap if you're looking for an RB two in these p prir leagues, because like Florio said, Fred Jackson and nine, like I mean, he had forty six catches. And when you look at Alex fan Pout's history as an offensive coordinator, even though he wasn't calling plays, he still has some influence in how that offense is ran. With these running backs, not one of them had over forty six receptions in the entire time in the year since nine under alex Man Pelp. So those are one of the things where like we love Ramandre Stevenson for the guy that had eighty eight targets sixty nine catches, you know, two seasons ago. But it's like if you take away that and you just make him a pure runner and then you have somebody like Antonio Gibson behind him, who's the better pass catcher, it kind of seems like nasty work here where it's like Antonio Gibson might be that little what is the fly on the ointment ointment. Yeah, it might be one of those situations here where I think Gibson might find some days where he's putting up ten twelve Fantasy points on a random week and you're like, maybe I should get this guy into rotation. So Florio sets ignoring. Yeah, very annoying. So if like you're a late in the draft, take your shot Antonio Gibson, I would gladly have him on my bench.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have running back catch stat by the way, there.
Speaker 3: You go, there you go. Jerome Ford is close.
Speaker 1: He had forty four that seems annoying just because you're talking about like, yeah, he'll give you send to twelve points, and like that's enough for you to make think maybe I'll pick him up, but like it's never enough for you to be like, yeah, I'm gonna put him in the lineup right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you see, if you see your projection and it's like, you know, ten point seven, you're like, uh, is that somewhere else?
Speaker 4: I've been down bad with running back and Drees. I mean, so sometimes those ten points are a blessing.
Speaker 2: He's the kind of backup I like though, because we know if something happens to the starter, this guy's getting all the work.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be Zeke all over again. And like Stevenson, I love him, I want him to stay healthy. It's just that with these changes and now they have talented wide receivers to lean on him as the pass catcher is not that high of the priority now when you have young talents like Javon Baker and Jalen Polk and Damario Douglas, and you still have Kendrick Bourn who's been very productive when healthy. So it's like Stevenson's not going to be utilized as much as we will want him to be utilized in that passing game, Uh, Hunter, Henry anyone.
Speaker 2: So when I read this question, Marcus, you know the gift of I think it's like one of the Muppets or something like that is on stage, just like looking side to side, right, I pictured you doing that as you ask.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like in terms of like overall fantasy like it's just not great, but in terms of what the Patriots do on offense, like he ends up having a decent sized roles, or at least he has in the past.
Speaker 3: But is that enough for you to take the shot on him in drafts?
Speaker 2: No, Jonath Smith, give me Smith, let's go.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I think co teammates and it just didn't work out. But yeah, I'm out too.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the Jets. Wrap this thing up.
Speaker 1: Zach Wilson was their top scoring quarterback last year, not because they wanted him to, but because they had to have him. One hundred and twenty six point eight points QB twenty nine, which means he was slightly better than Mac Jones running back Breese Hall two hundred and ninety and a half points.
Speaker 3: That was RB two.
Speaker 1: It was also about one hundred points behind Christian McCaffrey. Last year, Garrett Wilson was your top wide receiver two hundred and thirteen point two points. Wide receiver twenty six had over one thousand yards, but on a team that did not score a lot.
Speaker 3: He had just two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Tyler Conklin was the top tight end in New York one hundred and twenty three point one points. He was tightened eighteen so offseason they pretty much lookdidated a lot of their quarterbacks. Brett Rippon, Trevor Simeon, Zach Wilson all gone, Randall Cobb gone, Corey Davis. They said goodbye to cj Uzama also out in free agency, though they brought in Tyrod Taylor to try and get somebody that they could be leave in as a backup in case the worst case scenario happens. They also signed wide receiver Mike Williams. They drafted Malachai Corley in the third round. They drafted running back Braylan Allen in the fourth round. They did draft a quarterback, Jordan Travis, in the fifth and a running back Isaiah Davis also in the fifth. First jet off the board, Breeze Hall right about the fourth pick or so in most drafts. So lakwan, can Aaron Rodgers coming up on age forty off a bat Achilles injury? Can he be a quarterback one again?
Speaker 4: It's ultimately gonna come down to that jets O line, Like I want to say no, just based on the Achilles injury in the age, and like, we don't know if it's gonna be the Aaron Rodgers that we know and love, that used to wear the green day Packers helmet where he's able to roll out of the pocket make the great plays and extend the plays. I don't know if we're gonna get that Aaron Rodgers that we know and love, because I don't really see him being, you know, as mobile in the pocket and like as aware of what's going on with this old line. Like I still have my questions with this old line about protecting him so he can be back there to cook. So it's like it's gonna come down to the Malachai corl As. It's gonna come come down the Breis Hall to kind of bail him out. So I don't think we're gonna get to Aaron Rodgers that's gonna be able to air the ball all out and stretch the field and extend the plays like the times that he had with Davante Adams, like Garrett Wilson is a amazing time. He's a top five wide receiver. And it's like, I don't know if that's enough being that we're on the back end of Aaron Rodgers's age, because it's like he might get you like sixteen seventy seventeen Fantasy points per game by the end of the next season if he says healthy, but like that's the ceiling, whereas like, I don't even know, man, there's just so many questions marks going on.
Speaker 1: I mean out yeah, I mean, I know, a couple years ago, right, you had him, But two years ago, I know you had him ranked as like QB thirteen or fourteen. He finishes like QB twelve or thirteen, like pretty close to what you had him ranked that which, by the way, Good Morning Football from that.
Speaker 2: Year it was thirteen and that's where he finished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they owe you an apology because they mocked you. They they openly mocked you on air.
Speaker 4: They hate fantasy. I don't know why he was coming.
Speaker 2: Off of back to back MVPs.
Speaker 3: I get it, but you were the bold call. Yeah, but you were. You were absolutely right.
Speaker 1: But it feels like though we are also sort of drafting Garrett Wilson at his ceiling on the assumption that Aaron Rodgers is going to be something close to the Aaron Rodgers of the past. Like it feels like we are we are potentially setting ourselves up for failure, right, you know.
Speaker 3: What it is?
Speaker 4: It's like names still sell, Like the name is still selling for the casual players, Like, no, Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback all time. Yes, but let's talk about this season at this age, with this situation. Like I would never take Garrett Wilson on the back end of that first round only for the simple fact is that I know he's gonna see targets, but I don't know if we're gonna be getting the Garrett Wilson that we're paying, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's why I go back and forth. I might, I might settle on having Marvin Harrison over him. I go back and forth on that, But I don't have a ton of Garrett Wilson because I'm very afraid of Aaron rod We've talked about it a lot on this show. Dan Marino is the only notable quarterback to come back from an achilles injury in the last thirty years, and he was thirty three years old. And if you want to say, well, medical stuff has advanced a whole lot, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that an NFL history history, there's three quarterbacks Tom Brady, Drew Brees, one year of Brett Farr who averaged more than fifteen Fantasy points per game at age forty or beyond. This guy is approaching forty one years old. The last time we saw him play was his worst season in his career. He's a year removed from the game right now. It is Look, I know he's Aaron Rodgers, He's an all time legend. He's saying all the right things. He's saying he's back everything time is undefeated. And when you now have two injuries in a row and stuff like that, it's worrisome to me. It's really scary. And I wouldn't be surprised if if Rogers is I don't think he's toast, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looks a lot more like he did his final year in the Packers than he did. Plus two lqs point man. Not only did he have DeVante Adams, but when we think of Aaron, we think of him moving, like manipulating the pocket and hanging with the ball, finding someone and firing downfield. The Jets are not going to let him do that, in my opinion, behind this whole line coming off of that injury, No.
Speaker 3: I mean it was it was sort of that. It was those rollouts, right.
Speaker 1: He ended his season on a rollout where he tore his achilles on a play that he later said he didn't really feel comfortable running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and they called it three times in four plays. I believe there you go. So yeah, I get a different version of Aaron Rodgers. Ladies and gentlemen like yeah, man, I don't see it.
Speaker 1: All right, So I know Florio's answer to this. I'm I ask you lakwan. Mike Williams of Malacho Corley, ooh.
Speaker 4: Give me Corley man. I am a big Williams guy where I'm like he is always going to be like the dude does not know how to lay out for a ball without like every single catch looks like it hurts, Like what are we doing here? Like this is why you're injured? All the time, like the hard knocks with the chargers, and I'm watching him during practice laying all the way out shoulder and dude, you have to learn how to protect yourself like that used to be Debo, Like Deebo would be going straight full speed into like linebackers show down and then he's hurt, like Mike Williams has yet to learn how to be a safe wide receiver. So availability is your best ability. So give me the young kid malakor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which by the way, I think they were. That was the thing about him. Oh you're gonna use hm any Debot type role, or he can be a Debo type player, like I don't Again, I'm not buying into that, but not Debo.
Speaker 2: But I think because of the Aaron Rodgers injury, they're not gonna want him to hold the ball very long, which means you're gonna generate quick touches with yak and Malakai Corley. Plus Corley's playing in the slot, so that that leads to a lot of quick targets as well. The only concern I have is he only played in three wide receiver sets this past week, and and if he's doing that, that caps the upside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to watch the next couple of weeks see sort of what happens there last one? Uh, Tyler Conklin, anyone? I feel like this is more viable. This is this more viable than than Hunter Henry Nay.
Speaker 4: I can get on board this as a tight end two very sneaky though, But no, I'm out really.
Speaker 3: Oh see.
Speaker 1: I think if there's, if there's any tight end that suddenly comes out of nowhere and makes the leap, I think it's Tyler Conklin.
Speaker 4: Geez man, I do crackers.
Speaker 1: I mean again, but this goes back to the like which Aaron Rodgers. Are we getting right?
Speaker 3: But Aaron rod remember Aaron Rodgers made Robert Sunyan a thing right. Robert was in our lives for a long time because it's the.
Speaker 2: Tight end that caught the hailman, that one that we all Richard Rodgers, was it?
Speaker 3: Yes, Aaron.
Speaker 2: Wow, Rogers sustained tight ends. Uh he needs I mean, look, Mike, what the Jets receivers are. As much as I'm like hype for Corley, they're very thing behind Garrett Wilson, depending on what Mike Williams can get back to you. And here's a fun stat for you three years in a row with eighty seven exactly eighty seven targets for Tyler Conklin. Like he gets a couple more touchdowns, he could be he could be a thing. To me. I'm not saying get him, but I'm like, I put him in like with with Isaiah Likely and as like tight end, two targets that I like because of their upside. John new Smith belongs in that group. Let's go.
Speaker 4: You know that's three times you got him on the show. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, it might be more of your hairs blonde, Yeah man. All I want to say is last year Tyler, and look I get it Tyler. Kyle Pitts was sort of frustrating. But Tyler Conklin had more catches, thank Kyle Pitts. He only had about forty fewer yards than Kyle Pitts. He didn't score any touchdowns, but the numbers were on par, right, numbers were on par He gets better quarterback play, the receptions can go up, the yards can go up, and maybe he finds his way into the end zone. There is very much a a version of the multiverse where Tyler, yeah man.
Speaker 2: A research bag man. If you do a bunch of drafts, get like two shares of Conklin with John who one of likely something like that.
Speaker 1: You dig into next gen stats and you let us know what you find, right, all right? You go on GMFB and you tell you tell Peter Schrager and Kyle Brandt that like, this is this is happening.
Speaker 3: This is the guy.
Speaker 4: This is happening this year?
Speaker 3: Ye all right?
Speaker 1: Immaculate vibes over Tyler Conklin's a good place to end this podcast today. We'll be back with you on Wednesday for another edition of the Pods. We will talk about the NFC East and as how we will finish out our team previews, so probably maybe hopefully look him to the preseason games coming up for the weekend as well to kind of give you a look ahead at some of those. By the way, NFL Fantasy Live is back on your TVs by the time you listen to this, chances are may have already aired where you are, but chances are if you haven't, you'll get to see us on Tuesday Wednesday as well as the season is back up on us, so get ready for that the meantime. That'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football podcast. They happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. I'm gonna go get some tea and we will talk to you guys on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Warm Warm No