Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain, Bostik, and Scarlett Foo.
Speaker 3: S and P five hundred, two hundred and eleven names in the average hired today Katie two hundred and ninety to the downside, two unchanged.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at the sector level, as illustrated by this circle.
Speaker 5: You can see it's.
Speaker 4: Very green today and it's big tech once again.
Speaker 5: This is what we saw yesterday, it's what we see.
Speaker 4: On this Friday, really leading gains at the sector level, up.
Speaker 5: More than one percent.
Speaker 4: Utilities too though, getting in on the action as to did communication services. On the downside, you do have four sectors in the red on this Friday, Energy leading losses off by one point three percent, real Estate, consumer staples and healthcare also finishing the day lower.
Speaker 3: Carol, a lot of green, all right, Let's get to some of those individual gainers that got it there. FedEx that stoff, finishing off its best levels of the session, still a gain of two point three percent. The company reported better than expected adjusted earnings per share for the first quarter, reinstated it's full year sales and profit outlook, and that's really what got investors excited because remember when they had suspended it because they just weren't quite sure what was coming at them.
Speaker 5: And this is all happening.
Speaker 3: Investors buying the stock because the company still expects a one billion dollar hit from trade volatility this year due to President Trump's tarifs and the loss of a key exemption for low value goods. Got to mention Apple as well. That one up about three point two percent.
Speaker 1: Did get a new iPhone today?
Speaker 5: I did not. I'm still happy with what I've got.
Speaker 3: I'm still getting used to that new Was it liquid glass or whatever the heck it is?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm on iPhone six.
Speaker 3: Sorry for you, all right, Well, the iPhone seventeen, pro Promacs and iPhone Air have got on sale, with the new phones attracting long lines at Apple stores in various location.
Speaker 5: It is a first time.
Speaker 1: I was in that line today.
Speaker 5: By the way, you're buying something now.
Speaker 1: I was actually there for something completely unrelated to Tim Cook, but I just happened to run into him. I said, Hi, did you there for the vibes. Yes, seriously, did you ask him anything?
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 1: I did not get that close to him. You know, he has a lot of security around them.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, they're probably to you. Yeah, it's like beings like the president. You gotta get it close to him. They're like, who are you all right? Moving along?
Speaker 3: Apple shares of three point two percent. Keep in mind, I think it was our marker. I've been pointing out first time since twenty twenty that Apple has rolled out several new phone designs and a lot of new gears, so people excited this one. Courtesy of my lovely co host Tim Stanovek. Bright House Financial, Yes, thank you, thank you. BHF is the tick our stock up twenty seven percent in today's session. A consortium led by the insurer Aquarium Holdings in advanced talks to pay sixty five to seventy per share for bright House Financial. This is, according to people in the know, as the sales process for the annuity provider comes to a head.
Speaker 5: So we'll see. Bright House could decide.
Speaker 3: As soon as next week to move forward, or they could remain independent, according to those people to know, And I'm just going to throw in, Oh sure, Finley, I didn't send this to you, but Oracle a late pop on that redhead up about four percent here of the close company in talks with Meta on a two billion dollar, twenty billion dollar excuse me, twenty billion dollar AI cloud computing deal. We know Oracle has been on a tear when it comes to lining up AI cloud computing deal. Stocks up eighty five percent year to date. I'm done, all right.
Speaker 6: I want to get to some of the decliners today. Homebuilders taken a hit. Big part of that is because of Lenar, down four point two percent the company's forecast for quarterly home orders misanalyst estimates due to af affordability concerns potential concerns about the job market as well. Lennar's results, according to the company, reflect both the continued pressures of today's housing market and the consistency of Lenar's operating strategy. Every single name in the fifteen hundred home index the S and P five hundred SMB fifteen hundred excuse me Home Index was lower on the day today. Also, while in the parent company of Instacart, it's ticker is CRT, Maple Bear is the name down eight point six percent this after reports late today late yesterday rather that Amazon has partnered with Southeastern supermarket chain when Dixie for grocery delivery in Florida. Other grocers also traded lower today, including Kroger and Albert Sims as well. And finally, just watching what happened with Intel today. After this week's record run, Intel shares fell after City Group downgraded the stock to sell from neutral, pointing to the company's rich valuation. Shares fell in the day today, down three point two percent. Remember shares rallied twenty three percent on Thursday after in the video agreed to invest five billion dollars in the company.
Speaker 1: And I just want to add an honorable mention on that subbub that was second look at those shares. Remember they had the IPO on Wednesday or Tuesday night, excuse me, a twenty three to fifty. They've closed below that in every session since, including today, down another ten percent. Some of that might actually have to do with the mediosyncratic issues, though I ex give me some issues coming out of Washington with regards to some concerns about Ticketmaster and they practices as well.
Speaker 6: I was looking at Pattern Technology, which is another IPO today it was it initially opened down as much as eight point nine percent. It ended up finishing the day higher by nine point six percent. But for a long time today I thought that was going to be another IPO that kind of stuttered out.
Speaker 5: Of the gate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we've had three this week actually that did not perform as well as some of the ones that we had in the previous week. We'll be interesting to see what the read through is as we get into next week. Just a real quick check on yields here on a daily basis, not a whole lot of activity, But the more notable move is what we saw on a weekly basis, the first weekly decline that we've seen in yields across the board since mid August.
Speaker 5: So despite the fact that you are.
Speaker 1: Seeing a little bit of an upswing in yields on the day, we should point out that the trend line has been to the downside as expected. A lot of folks front run front ran that fed rate decision, and at least alicks right now with regards to the latest CFTC data, that people are still positioned for additional drop in yields.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.