Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 4: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans. See DKNG, dot CO slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Sam Watson Bronze Medicine the speed clib set the world record in the bronze medal.
Speaker 4: In the bronze medal.
Speaker 2: While getting a bronze medal, he was eliminated from the gold medal contention. But congratulations of Sam. Good job, oh Joe, now we're back. Damon Lillard thinks he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Let's take a listen to what Dame had to say on Club five twenty.
Speaker 4: Let's take a.
Speaker 5: Listen real Like I'm just saying, it's like my time in the league when I think about, like how many people have been very good, like over that time, and then there's been more people very good and more people very good for a couple of years, Like it ain't been that many people that have been here the whole time, like since I've been in the league, that just been doing it like over and over and over. But I think people just get bored with consistency. And I ain't loud, but like should I've been doing it that long and winning like it ain't like I've been doing it and I'm living fourteen that just never been playoffs.
Speaker 2: Hey, well look you know, o Joe, I've been a Dame Lillard fancy. He came into the league, Sir, came in the league in twenty twelve, Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 4: He's a phenomenal player.
Speaker 2: But what he's running too is like if you're a quarterback and you're playing in the Tom Brady earon right, you're gonna get he came up. Lebron, Steph Curry, kd been later, Jannis Yokic.
Speaker 4: Right, and Luca.
Speaker 1: Do you think it has anything to do with the market he was in as well?
Speaker 6: The visibility not being able to see him as much as a Lebron not being able to see him as.
Speaker 2: Hell, wi't see Janni's. We didn't see Gianni's Milwaukee. Ain't nobody wasn't nobody look at that?
Speaker 4: Denver?
Speaker 6: You don't You don't think that plays the fact that though on you see, you see, you see Denver all the time, you see Yogics all the time.
Speaker 4: No, you see you're Denver now all the time.
Speaker 2: You didn't feel them all the time before you feel about the time Bou Yeah, well, look they had mellow.
Speaker 4: But I think the thing is is that you have to understand the era that he's playing in. He's playing with lebron Ka. D is in his error smack down Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: I can make a case that Dave Lilland is the second greatest shooter ever, but he happens to be playing in the era with the greatest shooter ever. Right when you tink about all the people that played in from two thousand oh show until twenty twenty two, think about all the quarterbacks, but that smack dab in the middle of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 6: But when he when he had when he talks about not getting the credit that he deserves, I mean, what does he mean, Because it's peers give credit, and I've heard the media they also give him his credit. So what exactly is he does he mean by who do you want the credit from?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 6: Based on what I've heard, he and gets his credit. You give him his credit. You know, be one of the better shooters outside of Steph Curry in the NFL, I mean, I'm about NFL. In the NBA, you know, I hell, I've given his credit before, because he's one of the best in the right now. I just really thought playing in Portland all those years might have hurt obviously the visibility and you know, others given him the notoriety and that he deserves in being one of the great ones outside of obviously the Steph Curry, the Lebron's and the kds. Even if you are in this area era, I think if you made a little bit a bit more noise.
Speaker 2: All the players that you mentioned, what do they have? Championships MVPs? Lebron got four, yr Kitchen got three, Janni's got to, Steph got to KD has one. Okay, the MVP's so that's that's like ten twelve MVPs between the four guys I mentioned. Okay, championships KD has two, Steph has four, Lebron has four, Yannis has one, Yo Kisch has one.
Speaker 1: I mean, and see that's not fair man. You think you think he stayed in Portland too long?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the same thing happened to Kevin Gartnert. He was llyd to the soil. He didn't want to go check Iron Chase. I want somebody to come here. There's nobody come here, right And I said that long long time ago. Ain't nobody coming to Portland, just like what nobody going to Kenviny. And after they tried to do that backhanded deal, Joe Smith.
Speaker 4: Had a deal in place.
Speaker 2: And what happened was he ended up firing his agent when his agent told the commissioner that they had a deal in place when they weren't supposed to.
Speaker 4: And he took three first round picks for me and it doomed him.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So now, Kevin Durant, Kevin Durant, Kevin Gartnet stayed far too long. He should have been left, but he winds up he was able to get a championship, get a defensive Player of the Year, and it changed, It changed the trajectory of Kevin Garnet because had he stayed there for its entirety and he doesn't get that championship, we're not looking at Kevin Kevin Gartnet the exact same way. And so yes, I and I said the same thing. I said, Dame, it's gonna stay too long.
Speaker 6: So you think you think he gets the championship with Giannis and it's gonna be tough because everybody, everybody got better in finn It got Paul George Boston comes back with a young squad.
Speaker 2: Damn the Knicks saying, hold on, we're gonna be good if we if if I guys stay healthy. Remember uh uhh, Julius Randles didn't play, Robinson Donovich got hurt. What you come, end up breaking his hand, Jayden Brouther end up breaking his hand. Jimmy Butler got hurt.
Speaker 1: So I don't really have a chance.
Speaker 4: Then, huh.
Speaker 2: They got a chance because you got Dame, one of the better players in the NBA, and you got Yarnist.
Speaker 4: Yes they got a chance.
Speaker 1: Chris Meddles in back healthy, but.
Speaker 2: They I mean what they had to give up because in order to give a guy like Dame, you got to give up Holiday. And then what you did is that you made Celtics stronger by giving up Holiday because he goes to Portland.
Speaker 4: They make a trade. Now they get a defense.
Speaker 2: So now you got Derrick White and Holiday, two defensive guys that can hound on the perimeter.
Speaker 4: Now you got JB and j T. Both of those guys can guard jv A.
Speaker 2: JB did it out stealing job O Luca six ' seven long ay plus got an offensive game. So in the process of getting Dame. You took Drew, but you strengthen the Celtics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but also you strengthen yourself offensively too with Dame, because.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you took some of the defensive way, but you took a lot of the defensive way.
Speaker 1: How how how is the bus the bucks bench?
Speaker 4: Bobby forty is good?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I like Bobby, Bobby nice, Bobby nice. Right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: They got caught in too. There there they got you.
Speaker 2: Look, there's a give and take because you get a guy like Dame, and there's only so there. No, there's not a whole lot of Dame Lillard's. But I still believe he waited out. He probably waited four years too long to leave or should have been left. Yeah, dang should have been left.
Speaker 6: You're gonna see this boy, you're the real deal.
Speaker 1: Boy, you hit me. You're in the championship now for you, the real deal, for your legend. You can't beat for you a legend.
Speaker 4: But you know this notion. I now, I don't want to go link up with nobody. I want man. Ok.
Speaker 2: Here, they're gonna they're gonna criticize you and judge you anyway. Go be happy, Go be happy. Damn what people say, because they gonna talk about you anyway, because I tell you what, Oh Joe, yes, sir, I'd rather be sad in the rolls ross than riding the bus. So talk about me when I got a ring on my finger, because then I can put one of them in my ear and dry on you out. So that's what guy's gotta understand. They gonna if you don't got no ring, first thing, you're gonna throw your face. You ain't got no ring, Okay, go say well our team. I don't care what you say. How I got it, I got it right, I got it. So but Dame is a phenomenal player. I think it goes what I said, my rhythm, my record being on record, and what I think a Dame speaks for itself.
Speaker 4: But I think the thing is is that he just happens to be in an error.
Speaker 2: That's kind of loaded with Like I said, you got bron you got Steph, you got KD, now you got Yo, Kic, you got Joannis. All those guys got MVPs. Like with the exception of the exception of KD, he's the only one that got one MVP. All the rest of up got multiple Broun got far, Yokis got three, Step has two, Janni's has two.
Speaker 4: And a championship and the finals MVP. So if we if we adding it up, do we put him in do we put him in front of any of those guys? Don't, Joe?
Speaker 1: But he's right there in that group, Jesse, he doesn't have.
Speaker 4: No, he's not in that group. No O, Yoe, don't do that.
Speaker 1: He's not in that group.
Speaker 4: The type of player he is he and just is he in that group the guys that I just named? Is he in that group? Because I think that's.
Speaker 6: Not the accolade You just ain't. From a basketball standpoint, you're not putting him in that group of those players. No, So you accolades you just name as they.
Speaker 4: Players are rated.
Speaker 2: So so, in other words, if accolades didn't matter, you could put anybody in a group with bat you Mahomes.
Speaker 4: Accolades don't matter.
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm just saying from a basketball standpoint, playing the game standpoint.
Speaker 2: From a football standpoint, accolades don't matter what quarterback you want to put in the category with Mahomes.
Speaker 4: Accolades don't matter because that's what you're not.
Speaker 1: You're not understanding what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about from a skilled perspective, like just playing straight basketball.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of skilled guys, but what separates them are championship and accolades.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, So that's your question.
Speaker 2: Still it is skilled and the mess your questions skilled in as Jordan and Kobe was without the accolades.
Speaker 4: Would we hold them in such high regards?
Speaker 6: Think, Hey, I hear what you're saying, but maybe I'm maybe I'm wording it the wrong way. Maybe I'm wording maybe I'm wording it the wrong way, and I can't find the words. Who kind of explain what I'm trying to say, But I'm just seeing it. He ingest as good as those guys, but he doesn't have the team achievement that allowed him to to garner.
Speaker 4: That's what it's about, oh Joe. That's what it's about. What are we doing here? We can't change the rule.
Speaker 2: See the problem that a lot of times what people try to do they try to change the rules for people that they like.
Speaker 4: I like Dane. I'm on record. My record speaks for itself about talking about Dame. But you can't put him with Lebron Stephan k D and Jannis and yoke you can't. I'm am, I miss am, I missing something. There's a reason, there's a reason.
Speaker 6: It upsettsed me a little bit because now you're you're answering this question on why they don't talk about him more often as good as he is, and that that's.
Speaker 4: Why they no they talk about him.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is for him is that if he were to win a championship, I think he shoots up the right. He's, like I said, you can make a case that he's the greatest, second greatest shooter.
Speaker 4: Ever, but he happens to be playing in the era with the.
Speaker 2: Greatest shooter, the greatest, right, all right, just to imagine, just imagine how we would look at Peyton and Rogers had they not been smacked down. You're probably talking about the first and second greatest quarterbacks, probably the first and second greatest without without Brady. But there is a Brady, Yeah, there there is. There is Brady. And so that's the thing you talk about.
Speaker 4: Skill.
Speaker 2: Jordan and Kobe are two of the most skilled guys that ever lay up, lay up shoes and dribble of basketball. But without the accolades, what are we talking about here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you. I got you, and you can't have one without the other.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: You think it, it comes, it comes in.
Speaker 4: I think the thing. Look, I think his peers have the utmost respect absolutely.
Speaker 2: Or Dame and rightfully so I think for the most part, I mean, he's been an all He's been a multiple time All Star. I mean, how many All Star games have Dame been in? Like ten, probably been an All Star ten times. He's probably been an All NBA selection multiple times. He's an eight time All Star, seven time All NBA. He has accolades, but just not the one that will cause you to be revered. MVPs Championships, Finals, MVPs and the five guys that I named. Look at Braun four titles, four in finals, MVPs four MVPs ten final appearances, Steph same thing, six appearances, four titles, two regular season MVPs A finals, MVP Kevin Durant four finals appearances, two titles, two finals, MVP Nikola Jokic three MVPs one final appearance, one finals, MVP Joannis two MVPs A Defensive Player of the Year, one finals, one finals, MVP. It's just hard now, I guess, Look if we just talked about and these are these are the lead These are the lead dawn that lead dogs are the slaved. Yeah, so we're not talking about guys that. Okay, he want to read, but he wouldn't to lead dog. And that's what Damon's been. Damon has been the lead dog in Parland, right. But I just don't know how you put him in that same category as those guys with the accomplishment those guys have. If he gonna be a first ballon of Hall of Famer, yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just seeing it from it. I'm just seeing it from a different lens. I just don't know how to regurgitate it out to where it would it would make sense. I understand the accolades that all the other players have, but just speaking from a basketball perspective and what I get to see on the court, he is just as great as those individuals, despite them having all the hard where they had to go with them.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's since.
Speaker 6: I mean, it might make sense to some, some might not get it, but I got you again, I got a long way to go with this basketball ship.
Speaker 2: So uh. Chant Hunger went on Paul George podcast podcast, Pete and ask who's taking the last shot?
Speaker 4: Shot?
Speaker 2: If he needed in a game chat, said you need a bucket at the end of the game. Who's shooting that shot? You're Joe LG said, that's a Nick Nurse question. I'm gonna deflect that the Nick Nurse chat. That's a pr answer. Who do you want taking the last shot?
Speaker 4: Oh, Joe? PG or EMBIID?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna go shoot, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Black.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with PG.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go I'm I'm gonna go with PG taking the last shot simply because.
Speaker 1: Simply because he's.
Speaker 6: A little bit more elusive in being able to free himself up to get a shot off.
Speaker 1: He's a looking more elusive. You got a pick?
Speaker 6: If you don't have a pick, can you go iso? He could take a motherfucker off the drip. Oh shit, I'm sorry. He could take an individual off the dribble and to be able to create a shot as opposed to EMBIID not being as elusive, probably having to make a crazy shot post somebody up and boundary. Is only so much you could do with him if the if the game is on the line. So I like I like Paul George to take that last shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a that's a that's a very tough one.
Speaker 2: Because the thing is you can go to Joel Embiid and he's so good at drawing files.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's that's one way to look at it.
Speaker 4: But PG is taking big shots. He's made big shots.
Speaker 2: You still have Ty Reeves Maxi, who they maxed out, who's shown that, hey, given the opportunity James Harden leaves, he gets an opportunity to show that, hey, I could do this thing too.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be based on who's having a knight. I think first Game of the Year joeling B. I think the first game of the year old Joe joeling B. Now PG has it going p A.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know that's that's a good one.
Speaker 6: How many players can you call up with a game on the line and you got to inbound the ball for your center?
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 6: Even though he has a great three and he's great from mid range, if he gets the ball, there's only so much.
Speaker 1: He can do.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: The thing is what makes him so unique is that he can put the ball on the floor and get to his spot. Yeah, Okay, he ain't the typical big man that were used to seeing as you said, he got three, he got mad.
Speaker 4: He can put the ball on the floor and get to the basket.
Speaker 2: Nobody shot more free throws over the last three to four years than Joe Lambi.
Speaker 1: He can get to the line.
Speaker 4: You can get to the line. That's gonna be very That's gonna be very, very interesting to.
Speaker 2: See because PG has been in situations where he's taking the last shot, but it's also been in situations where Kawhi is taking the last shot. When he there was no question when he was in Phillips, when he was in Indiana, he getting the ball. Oh yeah, he getting it right and rightfully so. And I it's hard for me to believe he might be better after he broke it, broke his leg than what he wasn't been the original, and I didn't think that was possible.
Speaker 4: When I saw him laying laying on that floor in Vegas.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh man, this man here just get just entering into his absolute apex.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That dude worked his way back. You can't tell PG had anything happened to him.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's a good win, though, Nick Nurse, who are you gonna draw?
Speaker 4: It up for oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tua has played for two different head coaches doing this for your NFL career, and if you want to know which one he likes better, well, it's pretty clear. Let's take a listen to what Tua had to say on the Dan Libertards podcast.
Speaker 8: Who can you explain to us the difference in practical terms between having a coach who did believe in you the way that he did, and the difference between that and what was happening with Flores.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, to put it in simplest terms, if you woke up every morning and I told you you suck at what you did, that you don't belong doing what you do, that you shouldn't be here, that this guy should be here, that you haven't earned this right, and then you have somebody else come in and tell you, dude, you are the best fit for this.
Speaker 1: Hey. It's very important for coaches to understand the players.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Understand the type of coaching, the type of motivating, motivating tactics that you use, Understand.
Speaker 1: Who you're dealing with. That's very important. It's very very important.
Speaker 6: Now, some players would respond to that differently, Well, you're telling me something like that, well, that's motivating.
Speaker 4: I don't belong.
Speaker 6: Well, shit, nigga, who oh my bad, I'm sorry, my bad. You got me, got me getting goddamn Liberty City. But yeah, oh I don't belong what Okay, I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Some coaches have to coach hard, but they have to know the player that they talking to. Some don't.
Speaker 6: Some don't respond well to that. No, some don't rep farng well to that. It's all it's all about knowing your player, and you can't. You can't talk to your players like that, especially not your quarterback. You don't tell your quarterback that.
Speaker 1: Don't tell if he's built for that, if he's built.
Speaker 6: You again, know your personnel as a coach, if he's built like that, and that's your way of getting to him to get what you want out of him. I see it, But I'm too us not that kind of player. He's not mentally built like that. For you to be criticized and who he is as a player and taking shots at him, that's not how you get him to respond and to get the best out of him.
Speaker 1: And mister Slurry should have known that.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Look, everybody tries to maybe that's something that coach Belichick would tell Tom Brady because it's been reported He's like, hey, I can go get a guy from the high school team that can do that. Tommy, what are we doing here? But you, like you said, the mark of a great coach is to understand his players and to communicate and to get the best out of them without the player feels like he's being demean because I don't care how strong.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: If Tom Brady is repeatedly told every single day you ain't nothing. You a seventh and sixth round draft pick, that's why you were in the sixth round, it starts to eat at you.
Speaker 4: He does does if your position.
Speaker 2: Coach, no matter what you did, you have a great game, he's like, that was all right, But when you have a bad game, he beat you down.
Speaker 4: It's gonna wear on you. That's just the way.
Speaker 2: That's because somebody can tell you something great, fifty great comments, but you will see that one that one negative, remember it, so imagine more negative fifty negative, but what one positive? But look, I think it's been on record that Brian Flores wanted justin her Stephen Ross overrooting and took tour you look at big strong Herbert six foot four, sixty five rocket arm. You can make every single throw a more athletic than you would think. But like you said, McDaniels came in and said, bro, you perfect for the SISM process.
Speaker 4: You can get the ball out of your hand. Hey, you look at these feastures you got.
Speaker 2: You got waddle, you got a reek, we got running it, we got a chain, we got most we got guys in.
Speaker 4: The backfield that you can hand it to. It's a tough situation.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Look I've been like I've been very fortunate to know Yo. I don't know about you, but I've been fortunate today. Coaches like always gave me positive I didn't do well with Like I said, I didn't do well with the cursing.
Speaker 4: Coach me. I want to be coaching. R If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong to you.
Speaker 6: You you different from me. I do I do well with the curse. I do well with the cursing. When you was there, when Hugh Jackson was my coach, those were my best years in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: When he was my.
Speaker 1: Marvin. I did well with the Curson. They knew how to talk to me. It's okay. Pretend like we're not here, pretend we in the barber shop. I respond well to that. And it just it's just who I was, It's what I'm used to. It's the way I was. It was the way I was coaching when I was growing up.
Speaker 6: So and they we understood that, and we had that type of relationship where it didn't it didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't take it personal. I understood in order.
Speaker 6: They knew what they needed to do to get me going, to get the best out of me. Yeah, And I think that's the thing. That's what the coach job is is to find out what motivates the player.
Speaker 2: How can I how can I reach into a player and pull out the absolute best of it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And you know what now, as you just said that, and that's another reason why I'm Marvin. And Hugh allowed me to.
Speaker 6: Be myself when it came to the antics, whether it be the media, whether it be through sending the secondaries each week a gift, or whatever it may be, because that is the stuff that motivated me and then forced me to have to play on because I already put myself out there, I had no.
Speaker 1: Choice but to show up every week. I had no choice.
Speaker 6: I got a goddamn list, all the dbs and my goddamn locker before week one, and everybody name got to check by it, and they trying to knock my head off. Every goddamn I had no choice but the short But that motivated me. It motivated me. It made me get up.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the goddamn NFL.
Speaker 6: You gotta be ready, you gotta get up, you gotta play hard, you gotta practice whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: But I just needed that extra edge I got. I'm talking shit for a reason, right, I had to. It's weird. It's weird, but I just needed it. I don't know.
Speaker 6: People say, oh, you're adding too much pressure. All just approached the game quietly.
Speaker 1: I can't. I need people trying to hurt me. I need people trying to knock my head off. I need I just I need it.
Speaker 6: It gets me going and it takes all the pressure off the other fifty two guys.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd explain it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just the each is on. Like I said, I you know, I think my coaches.
Speaker 2: I did a great job of relaying to my coaches, even when I went to when I went to Baltimore, Brian had I went to Brian's office.
Speaker 4: I talked to him. He's like, you know, I said, I don't mind you yelling at me. You just can't curse me.
Speaker 1: I said, you't play that ship.
Speaker 4: No, no, because I wasn't gonna let you call me something.
Speaker 2: My grandmother that was the only person that could talk to me sideways right right anybody, Hey, No, no, you're not gonna know. I understand, and I get it. I know you're the head coach. I know you can fire me. I know you can trade me. I get all of that. But if you think you can talk to me side way before you trade me, before you cut me, I tell your ass up before you do any of that. So no, my thing is, oh, I'm big on respect because I go out of my way to give someone respect. And now if you don't respect me, okay, let's just you know, hey, let's just go on our separate ways and we cool. Because sometimes, man, look here, my grandfather used to always say, he said, boy, don't be a slave to loity. Sometimes people become a slave to loity because someone has done something for you and you cut and they constantly feel they know they've done something for you, but they feel they can talk to you less.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what, I appreciate that. I will always hold you in very high regards. But you know what, let's just go on our separate ways because this is the the disrespect is starting to get out of hand. And I'm big on respect. I think everybody deserves a level of respect. That's just me, and I go out of my wa to give it to people. Anybody that's ever come in contact with me.
Speaker 4: That's how I am. But nah, you're not finna talk. You're not finna talk to men.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. M nah nah, Yeah, yes, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just had a different relationship with with you, especially matter of fact, you say you're gonna be at the show too?
Speaker 4: Which one Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here coaching at.
Speaker 4: George What did I see you? What did I see?
Speaker 1: I saw you coaching at Georgia State.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I saw I saw him. I saw him a couple of months. I used to bump into him all the time in l A. I hadn't I hadn't seen him in a while, so that that's probably why. But I did bump into him when Atlanta I was home, and I saw him. I saw him in Atlanta. Yeah, but uh, oh Joe. ESPN released the NFL Power rankings today Number one, Chiefs number two, Ravens number three, Niners number four, Lions number five, Eagles number six, Texans number seven, Bills number eight, offense number nine, Bengals number ten, Packers and last outside the top ten.
Speaker 4: I mean, we ain't gonna mention that we only go to ten.
Speaker 1: Hold on now, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Ravens for the.
Speaker 4: You know, I like this. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't really, I do too. This is just about right. Somebody got this right. I'm not sure who had ESPN made this list.
Speaker 4: This is spot on. I'm not so sure.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't put the Texans over the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Man. I don't trust the Eagles defense, oh Joe, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Well, based on what they did last year.
Speaker 4: Now, I know they got Devin White, came from Tampa with something to prove.
Speaker 6: But man, listen, based off last year, this is perfectly This is a perfect list for everybody to use going into this season. Yeah, see Dolphins bangles. You know, the injury to Joe Burrow. That's why we're at nine. So I understand that that's right. The Packers and Cowboys at eleven. Yeah, because there's there's no other team you can replace. You can take out and put the Cowboys there. So the eleven is that's a good spot. And I think the surprising team this year that ain't on that goddamn list. And just because of the matter of fact, two teams and and the Bears, Okay, shock a lot of people now, simply because of the quarterback play they open up. They open up the playbook. You can do so many more things offensively because of them first pass, first quarterbacks, but have the ability to run if need be, and extend plays. They gonna surprise a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Right, We're gonna see ESPN also say Jerry Jones is on the hot seat. You agree, Jerry Jones?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who the hell gonna fight Jerry?
Speaker 4: Hey. They get off to a slow start because see there they camp.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, they say, Jerry on the hot seat. I just want to know who gonna fire Jerry.
Speaker 4: Hey, nobody go fire.
Speaker 2: Jerry j Look, Jerry's convinced the fans and Dallas ally because he tell them every year, this is the most talented team. This team reminds me of those Super Bowl teams, and everybody get excited all over again because they know how talented those teams work.
Speaker 4: And they said, well, Jerry gott to know what he's talking about because he was so close and every year what happened.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started.
Speaker 6: You get from in front of them, Mike and let them boys do what they need to do. Get from from in front of them, Mike, and get them players paid.
Speaker 2: Man, he ain't trying to do that. He tried to get his shine. He don't like you, don't want nobody to steal his shine. Don Brady went on Stephen AG's podcast and praised the ram as potentially being the number one threat to the Chief this season?
Speaker 4: Do you agree? O Joe?
Speaker 1: The Rams.
Speaker 6: How and hows this an underrated defense? And he's only seen him in shorts and shirts, joint practices that that that don't count. That don't count, because when the time comes, when it's time to actually play, it's gonna be different.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be different.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: Hey, you got Exavier Worthy, Travis Kelce, you got wait, she right, got more hold on. We got his shoulders messed up, but he can hit me back, Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Brown Man. Things are different.
Speaker 2: Things.
Speaker 6: Things are different over there, and cannas it Manna, I know, I know, I listen.
Speaker 1: I know Tom.
Speaker 6: Tom probably saw that practice defense flying around defense looking good. It might have been looking good in shorts, and hell, they might have been looking good in paths. It might be the joint practice. But hell, it's a different ball game. Being the biggest threat.
Speaker 1: To the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: I don't even think they have the personnel to match up with the chief It's all about matchups. It's all about personnel. Who you putting out there, Who's stopping who, who's covering who? It ain't just man all right, Yeah, this ain't Madden.
Speaker 4: For my first round pick. Offensive tackle Gods.
Speaker 2: The Cherilists was arrested this weekend after allegedly urinating on a passenger doing a Delta flight doing they on the airlines. Flight police were called to Logan airport at two am. Chaerler's released the statement of the situation. I like to address the media reports about me that surface today regarding a situation that occurred on boarded flight to Ireland this past weekend. The flight was unexpectedly delayed approximately four hours and it did not take off until twelve thirty am in preparation for the unexpected overnight flight. I took a sleeping medication that I normally don't normally that I don't normally use, rich resulted in behavior that is not representative of my character. I would like to apologize to the passengers and the flight crew.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 4: I mean them sleeping pills get you, man, You gotta be careful.
Speaker 1: Don't yo, where was it?
Speaker 4: Sleeping pill? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man? And make you do stuff like that though?
Speaker 4: Unk.
Speaker 1: We don't know what you yuh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you be sleepwalking, sleep talking? Yeah, here is That's why I don't take them on. I don't take them on no flight, damn, never have me on the no I need to fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't even know how to comment on that one. But obviously he was.
Speaker 6: Not in his right state of mind because of the sleeping pills he took and didn't understand the effects that it would have after taking him.
Speaker 1: But I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't make you do something like that. We don't know, we're not Yeah, I mean you know, I mean I don't. I ain't gonna call no name or sleeping medications, but some of you have to be careful. You have to be extremely careful. Yes, yes, ooh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, thanks so.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lord, that's why I always getting me out. That's why I don't take no sleeping pills.
Speaker 6: Take.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no problem sleeping. When I'm tired. I'm going to bed right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't mean him overnight. I mean when we flew to France, I ain't sleeping, not once.
Speaker 2: I was aggivating the hell out of ass as, like you're not gonna go to sleep nah, And I ain't gonna if you go to sleep either.
Speaker 4: So I was up with not what eight nine hours? Yeah, I was up the whole flight. I like what y'all doing? Because she was saying with She was like, what y'all doing back here? Wait?
Speaker 1: You stayed the whole the whole nine hours.
Speaker 4: I staid the whole time. Hey, I wait, good, I see if I ask he do this, I come get on the back of the seat. What y'all doing?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 6: I could be playing from here to Orlando. Hit The Tampa flight might be thirty minutes. I'm forget me twenty minutes to sleep. I'm going to sleep three.
Speaker 1: Hour flight, two hour flight, five hour flight, six hours. I'm going to sleep, and are you? And I purposely leave at night because you know I love.
Speaker 4: I don't like the red eyes on YO.
Speaker 6: The funny thing, see, normally the only time I'm late at night is when we started doing the show, when before the show started, before this was created on nine thirty, Well, I'm sleep, I'm up five am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to be sleep too. We had to be the work at four am. Okay, okay, so what time you think I was going to bed. I gotta get up, I gotta shower. I gotta take the dogs out before I'm up at three. I don't see how you do it, Bro, and then Lebron James and then Lebron moved come to La. It was fine as long as Lebron was on the East coach because the game they this man gonna mess around and come to laa them game coming on at seven thirty ain't gonna end until ten.
Speaker 4: I'm in the bed. That let them back up at three? All right, on your time for our last segment, and it's Q and A and A. Kipper Norwood Jr.
Speaker 2: Said, Oh, who's the best quarterback in the NFC West, I would take Stafford.
Speaker 1: Stafford, Yeah, NFC West, hold on, you.
Speaker 2: Get you get Party, you get the guy or whoever is at Seattle you need Kyler, or you get Stafford.
Speaker 4: I'll take Stafford.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Geno Smith. I'm going with Gino. Stop playing with Gino top Now.
Speaker 4: I take I'll take Stafford.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I mean, listen, you can't go wrong with that super Bowl champion. But I'm just going with Gino because he from god damn Florida.
Speaker 4: Oh okay. Aaron Owen says, what current receiver reminds you of? Ocho o? Your work? Current tight end reminds you.
Speaker 6: Of h I mean where there's there's no current receiver that is that is like myself and that and I mean that in the most respectful way.
Speaker 1: A Titan. That reminds me of.
Speaker 6: Maybe what about he doesn't get the ball as much as he should. He kind of did when Flacco stepped in when Joku, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: No, No, he's a little bit, he's he's not as fluid as I am. Kelsey reminds me of me, like he's a big he's a big fluid guy. Uh, he could drop his hips a great change of direction.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: He plays he got got will go to it. Yeah yeah, I like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Joku got that too.
Speaker 2: Now hold on now, Nah, Joku more of an inline guy. He ain't got no softiet like like uhh Kelsey don't want whip routes, option routes.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah. Joku is more of a guy that seems several routes stuff like that.
Speaker 2: He can build up ahead of steam Kelsey, go kick Kelsey gonna kill you with the nests on their side.
Speaker 4: He's shaking you up.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, I like it.
Speaker 8: I like it. Uh.
Speaker 2: Probably Keenan doesn't have the speed that you had. But Keenan Allen kind of reminds me, are you well he doesn't have he doesn't have. Keenan is more of a slot you played, more outside the numbers. Uh, he definitely don't have. He definitely don't have the foot speed that you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my ladder, my latter of movement in my feet was was all I had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not all I had.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that that was that was my specialty.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Doctor Frankie L.
Speaker 2: Bellan said, Hey, guys, what's more critical to a team success top to your quarterback or locked down corner quarterback. Get your guy that could score points back, of course, get you a guy that can score points, so yoe quarter back, of course, because I could go away from the lockdown corner all day. Why you're gonna keep the ball out my hand?
Speaker 1: Because you touching it every you touch it every time.
Speaker 4: That you can do about it at all.
Speaker 2: I ain't got a fool with Reavers. I ain't got a fool with don any top corner? What does bomb being like your other guys? So see Hill saying what's good? Eighty four eighty five, Oh Joe? How did they feel here? In Adam Schefter name drop you today with Lil Wayne shout at you at a at a hustle hard remix, one of his legendary bars, keeps keep stepping for c C two.
Speaker 4: What you think you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Wayne put you in the track.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I ain't here it.
Speaker 6: I ain't here it, man, Listen, I've been I've been well, this has been going on for years and years and years, just being in people uh lyrics, being in people's lyrics.
Speaker 1: So it's been cool. But I ain't know he dropped anything anything new.
Speaker 4: Mm Hmm. What'd you call say to Justin Jefferson remind them of you? Mm?
Speaker 1: No, no, he's uh, he's he's a long strike. I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I used to change you know.
Speaker 6: It's funny depending on the route, I would change my gate too, the way I'm running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you wouldn't even tell. I get the lesion that I'm moving.
Speaker 6: I give the illusion that I'm running full speed, but I'm really not, just by exact exaggerating my gate and making it look like I'm moving.
Speaker 1: But no, no, we no, it's it's nobody because with.
Speaker 6: The footwork alone or the route running alone, it's nobody. Nobody, Nobody. Ain't nobody running full speed then stopping on the dime.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Landy Ray says, Hey, guys, thanks for keeping us entertained as huge. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be, and what would you do.
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 1: Cherry places with one person for a day?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 6: Who is the current sitting president? It's still Biden? Right, Yeah, I'd be the be the I want to be the president.
Speaker 4: I don't want that job.
Speaker 1: It's only for a day.
Speaker 4: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: It's only for the day. It's only for a day. You let me president for a day. But we're gonna have We're gonna have a ball.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a ball. I'm gonna take my motorcan whatever you call.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The whole gonna be in the city. We're gonna pull up.
Speaker 6: At Tusty's, go to the Dolphins practice, doing all types of ship a president ain't supposed to be doing.
Speaker 4: You know what, Joe, what I don't. I wouldn't want to trade with nobody.
Speaker 1: No, it's only one day.
Speaker 4: Uh mm hmmm. I'm good. All right, that's all right, because then they're gonna know all the secrets. They don't come back there.
Speaker 2: I trade with somebody, and then they're gonna know all my singert they're gonna tell all my business.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see what you mean, but I do it. I want to be in the White House. You go visit No, no, no, no, no. I want to be hypothetic.
Speaker 4: Oh you want to sit in the Oval Office?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hypothetically one day. Matter of fact, I just want to.
Speaker 6: I want to address America because I'd be the first I'd be the first sitting president that curses.
Speaker 1: Nah, there's been some curse on Hot Mike just hot might know.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm.
Speaker 6: Hello to the American people. I've always wanted to tell you this. I fucking love all you fuckers. That's how I'm addressing the people. What a hey, listen, I have America jumping, man.
Speaker 1: That's what they need.
Speaker 6: They need something different, they need a change of pace. You know a customer.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the videos of the cursing pastor?
Speaker 4: I think I did.
Speaker 1: He he's funny as hell. It is hell.
Speaker 4: Uh, Rod ain't Sam, he says, Joe.
Speaker 2: Could you guys wish my wife Tamara, Oh Tamara Beth McGee uh from Westwood in Memphis. Happy birthday, Tamara, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: To wish you a happy birthday today, say he hope you enjoyed your day and many many more to come. And he's happy that he got a chance to celebrate it with you. So Rod, you and to marraw best. Wish you guys the best up in Memphis. And when we come to Memphis, I want some what We're going to get some dry some dry rub ribs. That's what I want, right rub. Yeah, I want that dry rub. I mean I like wet. I like him wet too, but I want that drink. You know you have had them dry like rib tips, them dry rub rib tip.
Speaker 1: I know about rib tip now, I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Ban, That's that's what I be wanting on jokes Air underscore Rico.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe just turned twenty eight. Let these ladies know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to settle down, but this weekend I'm doing something before to something. Stay with me now, fro Hey, how are you gonna talk about you ready to settle down, but then talk about this week ind you try to do something for too, something.
Speaker 1: I gotta steal that. Hey, enjoy yourself? Why enjoy yourself? You ain't ready? Yeah, enjoy yourself?
Speaker 2: Man, nah man, I wanted to look you. Everybody can't do a dry rub. You know what I'm saying, Oh, Joe, everybody can't do dry rub ribs?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 6: God, you've been in Kansas City. Yeah, in the city is known for his ribs, right if I'm not mistake? Yes, okay, so yeah, what is myphis known.
Speaker 4: For her ribs?
Speaker 1: The same thing?
Speaker 4: Okay? Okay, yeah, okay, uh dry rub baby back the rib tips?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what? Speaking of Ribs.
Speaker 6: Now, I know people might laugh at me because you know I ain't really with the high end ship. You ever had the Baby Back Rib from Tony Romas.
Speaker 1: Or you don't know what Tony Romas is.
Speaker 4: I know what is, Yeah, I had.
Speaker 6: I used to get the full full record Baby Back Rib from Tony Romans with the French Fries.
Speaker 1: Oh them ship. She used to fall off the bone. Now, I know it's nothing compared to the Ribs in the Kansas City of the Ribs in Memphis, but it was good to me because the simple things make me happy. But God damn them ribs.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, I need somebody to get in fetching me Williams Brothers because when I go home, when I go when I go to Atlanta, you know I normally get I go to Fat Mats, I go to Fox Brothers, and then I get my homeboy grab some from Williams Brothers. They're up in Marriotta, so I don't feel like driving there. So I was like, hey, man, you up that way. M hm oh, Charlie Barrows in Memphis. Rondezvou's he said, Rodney Boo's in there. Charlie Barros in Memphis, or is that the same things, Charlie Barros and Rodney Bous the same thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, uh huh now was I was just stopped thinking about them. Damn ribs man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want some good I would like to have some too, Oh Joe, why fly guy said, Oh Joe, you're gonna retire from the four to eighty six jobs if if you have bezeos cash, he gonna have one hundred thousand diamonds of magic City. M Now, I'm gonna get them sparks because then you know what I'm saying. They got a funk, got a little flame on it? You ojo here, I.
Speaker 4: Already know I was don five.
Speaker 6: Hey, I ain't retiring nothing. I got that kind of money. I'm gonna do something. I'm gonna still.
Speaker 4: I got what about Joe? I got a I got you a couple of samples of what them sparks?
Speaker 1: What's the spark?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I'm lost? Now you you gotta kiss me up to speak?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm saying, Oh Joe, I just told you it's ready when you ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: Walk a ride. There was something they showed on if you walked to what about old T shirts if you want. Okay, I'm oh, man, you know it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm listening one thing about it. But I'm with you when you're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I'm gonna. I'm gonna. I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I'm on a sark man. I'm trying today.
Speaker 6: I'm on the spiritual journey right now, a spiritual journey. Yeah yeah, yeah, you know, work about to start up. So I'm trying to yeah yeah yeah, I'm trying to cleanse myself. I'm trying to lock in. I'm trying to focus, Okay, okay, understanding the task in hand. They got an important six months ahead of me, and and and I need to be just I need to be here, just straight ahead.
Speaker 2: They telling me, I'm gonna go blind mess with those sparks. Stevie Wonder got bout eight kids. Yeah, I don't need to see it'll see just fine. Hey that I got that.
Speaker 4: I got thirty thirty visional joke.
Speaker 1: Hey did you want to got eighth?
Speaker 4: For real?
Speaker 2: I don't know how many kids got, but you know he got a bunch of though. I think he done got like sixty seven kids. I don't know if he got a but I think he got six or seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I ain't know.
Speaker 4: I ain't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 4: Is I he? He ain't nothing wrong with it. Ain't nothing wrong with with that. God, you can't see that on be I haven't seen something Ray yar had kids.
Speaker 1: How do they decide who to talk to?
Speaker 4: How can you tell you see Ray? You see Ray? That move and Ray jamiens fox?
Speaker 1: But what a feeling.
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Don't that? Don't tell you how somebody looked though?
Speaker 4: I mean you, I mean obviously you.
Speaker 2: I mean look, when you lose one of your senses, the other senses become hype, right.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: Taste, smell, hearing, to lose your sight, whatever the sec case may be. So clearly he could touch like oh yeah, yeah, oh you know back then they touch, you know, they touch all that. He best right to get me too. Now if you're blind and trying to do somebody like that, they don't play that. So nobody said black.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't nothing wrong with that, rayby raybe raight me? Hey, Ray was touching them all that?
Speaker 2: Oh then you remember that one that was you a little little little little heavy like oh no, they.
Speaker 4: Let that one go.
Speaker 2: But see you know what I'm saying, and you know you're boring, Oh Joe, you know they come that thing, They come a little tidy riss like, yeah, you going to the side, move on? Oh oh yeah, yeah you feel are you about two ten?
Speaker 4: Come on in?
Speaker 1: Yeah that is to tick two ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah too, ten too ten. That's I've been working. I've been I've been working. You know, I've been giving a bitch. If I gotta get up about.
Speaker 1: Full five ten of them all in thirty we can get there.
Speaker 4: Never know, oh Joe, you never know.
Speaker 1: Thirty we get thirty mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Somebody might be a somebody somebody hit me up to I'm a h I saw a message somebody like they uh, they like five eight two fifty. I like, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: But you.
Speaker 4: No, no, you remember you fit me that photo?
Speaker 1: I said, five too.
Speaker 2: No, you set me a photo. You slip me the photo of the one you remember the photo, and you sent me this right up your right up.
Speaker 4: Your alley like that. Bro Okay, I'm just and plus that was three fifty four hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But she had a little height to it though, nah, she well she'd neb eight foot tall.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to find you.
Speaker 4: Hell Donald, hell dog. Come on, Bath, you got one to have some standards. Huh two fifty. I ain't going over two fifty.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: She was about two thirty perfect.
Speaker 4: No, she's three.
Speaker 1: No she was proportionate.
Speaker 4: No, she wasn't. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Come on man, Nah, she would shaved like a garment bag. I couldn't do that one. Or what a garment bag?
Speaker 1: Well you know what you could do with a garment bag.
Speaker 4: It's the same.
Speaker 2: Size all the way down. I can't do nothing but put clothes in it. Man, leave me alone. Oh show hey mill j said, it's my birthday. Love y'all content appreciate y'all. Can I get a birthday shout out? Milton Odham Junior thirty three, two days from Brian, Okay College station home of the agis uh Milton, Happy birthday, bro.
Speaker 4: Happy thirty third. Enjoy this day? Had fun? H what you call him Burger? I had a home. I played with the guy Rob Bursday and we call him Burger. He from Brian, so we got the more ask that's it, Oh Joe yo, that's it. That's it. See you on Thursday. Be ready to go a.
Speaker 2: Live show Thursday night, right were coming. We got a nice show for you guys, great entertainment, great conversation. Hold on, I can't wait to see you guys in ATM the same thing we had on the Houston on that Sunday, and they're gonna finish it off in Dallas. So thank you guys for everyone that bought that purchase tickets. We greatly greatly appreciate it, and we're gonna give you a great oh jho and not gonna put on a great show. So thank you, guys. Please do us a favorit make sure you subscribe and hit that like button. I am your favorite, un Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five, the rock Runner, Extraordinary, he's the Bengal Ring of Fame honoree and the legendary.
Speaker 4: He's a pro bowler. He's an all pro. He went to Samuel Juco to Oregon State and then he made a name for himself with the Cincinnati Bengals, and that's why you see his name in the Ring of Honor. The legendary.
Speaker 2: Liberty City's own chad Ocho Senko Johnson, but you can just call him Oyo. So make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from every podcast subscriber counts, and thank you guys for helping us rise up the top to the top of the charts and stay there. Give him be even better this year, the second year around. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock and if we don't have it in the state or sitting near you, order bottle chip right to your door. Make sure you follow my media company page on all platforms that shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four the Lincoln pinned at the top of the chat. Everything is twenty percent off right now. So thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We greatly appreciate it. We'll catch you guy. We're back on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Volume