Speaker 1: All right. Injuries for practice today, Banks concussion, will not practice. Trent Williams ankle, no practice, Jordan Mason innkle, no practice, Bosa hipp oblique no practice, planning again, fouls, knee no practice, Demo knee limited, green Law, Achilles limited, huff wrist limited.
Speaker 2: Everyone else good, Jordan Mason improved, No, he most likely will later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna practice with As far as his risk.
Speaker 1: He's got some stuff covering it up. Club similar like I think it's similar to Jimmy Ward's. I haven't seen it yet. There will be.
Speaker 3: Similar to that green Law you noted last week that you've got a quick turnaround after this Bears game. Does that make the Rams game the more realistic game that he could?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it does more likely. I mean, we haven't decided fully yet. We'll see how this week goes, but most likely Rams hopefully. What kind of growth have you see from Isaac Carrendo this year and what's kind of his state of readiness for expand it.
Speaker 2: I think he's ready to go.
Speaker 1: I mean we were excited about you know, he got off to late start with injuries and preseason. I thought he finished in those games well, especially at kick return you know you have versus the Raiders. I think did some decent things when he started out thinking a lot of carries, have some ups and downs, but got better through everything. And then when he got the bulk of the carries, I want to say some more versus Seattle. Uh, he only got better and he's got better throughout the year. So I think he's ready for this.
Speaker 4: Specific things that you've seen from him.
Speaker 2: But is it just maybe getting the reps or getting the snaps?
Speaker 1: I think just the urgency of running the ball in the NFL. I mean, I think it takes the guy some time. You start to get a feel for it. The more if you got the right stuff, the more you get reps, the more you can adjust to it. How hard you got to hit stuff, How quick those holes close, How when there is a whole, how you have to hit a full speed and can't hesitate at all or it closes like that. So you've seen that stuff get better in practice, and we've seen a carry over to games.
Speaker 2: Includes in high school as being a wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Does he have hands the good receiving skills.
Speaker 2: That you've seen, Yeah, he catch it yep, I.
Speaker 4: Mean not of Uh, Ricky Piersol last three game for me as a had a catch and has him had many cargets.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Ricky got a little banged up, and you know, and green Bay battled through that a lot still was able to play a lot through it and helped us.
Speaker 2: Out of pon return.
Speaker 1: And and I don't judge much from the Buffalo game. I mean, I think we had six completions that were screens and I think four other guys had like a four yard catch except for Jawan on the skinny, So like there was nothing really with Ricky there. We had a chance to hit him downfield one time and he slipped, but that was uh nothing against him for that game. O.
Speaker 5: You said it on Monday, you hadn't yet had a chance to kind of talk to the Christian after getting the news. How is he kind of doing his clearly with a taxing year on his body and more than likely mentally, how is Christian McAffrey no long that he now for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think he's doing alright. I mean I think he was extremely disappointed. I mean right when it happened. For a couple of days, you know, just talking to him, yesterday. I think he's accepting it, you know, just not his yearbviously, the way it started out, how hard he worked to get back, and then having that random injury that he had in Buffalo. So I know he's disappointed about the year, but I know he's excited and hungary is hell to get back to work and get ready.
Speaker 2: For next year.
Speaker 4: There again this season.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not God, but I think he's got a chance to play this week, so I would think that would lead to getting a better chance each week.
Speaker 2: But I don't know the answer that.
Speaker 5: What do you know about your new running back?
Speaker 3: What do you like about?
Speaker 2: I mean, I liked him coming out of college.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm study him a ton of the NFL, but he was a guy that had good notes on from college and liked and you know and in our scouting department thought his best guy out there being available in stuff. So in our situation especially glad to get him. Here.
Speaker 3: Was he one of the running backs that Bobby was onto in the twenty three draft during the phone calls and things like.
Speaker 1: That, if Bobby's on every single one, so like, yes, definitely, what's that? What do you see from kyleb Bois. I mean as talented as there is. I mean just the stuff that you saw in college you can see in the NFL. I mean as good as a throwers there is, born to play the position, got the athletic ability to do whatever. It's got the speed to do whatever. You know, he's gotten a lot of playing time. He's getting better as this year goes. I think he's get a lot more consistent. I think he's been playing his ball, the best ball probably here the last few weeks. He's put him in a chance to win here in these last few games.
Speaker 2: Coach that during only so much they yeah, a little of both.
Speaker 1: I mean there's only so much new coaches can do. I mean they're not going to change a ton up, but I mean they can have a different approach. You can have a different vibe from the team and stuff like that, and it's got to be prepared for everything.
Speaker 2: But you know, there's only so much.
Speaker 3: Could McCaffrey potentially be back in a playoffs.
Speaker 2: Scenario, Yeah, I believe so.
Speaker 1: You know, I think usually they say that injury is like a six week injury, So you know, that would give a chance.
Speaker 4: Trade deadline, it's a risk to make a move at the deadline. It's a risk to kind of regrets. I mean, you can't predict what was gonna happen, But regrets not being.
Speaker 1: More aggressive, No, because I don't think I mean, how many aggressive moves you want to make, you know, and you make one aggressive move and but I don't think that and what's happened just one player would have changed anything in these last three weeks.
Speaker 2: Then when you do that, it just turns you more going forward.
Speaker 1: So no regrets at all on that, not to mention there wasn't really something sitting there that was enticing. Unf it was considered a big move, So I didn't really see that option and you don't ever want to do that just.
Speaker 2: To do it either.
Speaker 3: About the Bears defense, when.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think they're a real good defense, you know, I think how good they are on the red zone. I think they're ranked number two in the red zone. I think they're top five at getting turnovers. I think they're top five, and they'd down it's you know, when they're top five and getting turnovers in their offense, I think is number one at giving up of not giving up turnovers usually a really good formula for winning it's you look at their team as a whole. They started out four and two, they went on a buy. They lost the next game on a Hail Mary versus good team in Washington, which you know, so you'd like to say they should have been five and two. And the next five games after that, you know they got blown out too after that. But these last three games they played as good as any team in the league, playing Minnesota, Green Bay, and Detroit, losing by a total seven points. So I see a defense that is capable of being a playoff defense. They've played like it all year. They've just come out short here in these last five games. Week Christian said that he felt the vibes outside the building were a lot lower than the vibes inside the building after Sunday.
Speaker 5: Do you feel the same way about that.
Speaker 4: New confidence that you guys have with the vibes to pick around.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. We don't go off vibes as much.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we were pretty disappointed after that game and stuff. That takes time, but you don't need much more than forty eight hours we're in here on Wednesday, guys are ready to go to work. I mean, I think when you compare outside the building inside the building. I mean, we're a football team who goes to work and tries to get better each day we're here. If you spend your day outside the building just reading and stuff, I'm sure your vives won't be the same. But our vives here are all about work and that's what we enjoy doing.
Speaker 3: We're looking at.
Speaker 4: After run defense and all the rushing touchdowns that have been given up this season.
Speaker 1: Why is that happening? Is it just breakdowns every level of the run.
Speaker 2: Defense When you get down there, yes, I think there's not.
Speaker 1: When you ask why, I mean that's we can go in a ton of things, but the bottom line is we haven't played good enough run defense. You look at all of our losses. I mean, these last two weeks have been as bad as it gets. Especially you know, when you give up the run game like we have in these last two weeks in the first half, the game's almost over before it starts.
Speaker 2: Going into that second half.
Speaker 1: I still thought we had every chance to make it a game in the second half, but that's when we had our three turnovers in both games, which leads to blowouts. If you look at all of our losses, this year, I think, are you know, the least amount of yards who get up in a loss is close to one point fifty. So we haven't been stopping the run well enough that you know, starts with people being out of gaps.
Speaker 2: It can go to miss tackles. It can go to not getting off the field on third downs so they get a few more runs.
Speaker 1: Called can go to not getting enough turnovers, and it can go to miss assignments.
Speaker 2: So it's all of above.
Speaker 4: You never asked you about Rock and his the fumble that happened.
Speaker 5: Is there anything that he could have done?
Speaker 3: Or was it just a slip out of his hand?
Speaker 2: I mean it just slipped out of his hand. I mean I wish it didn't.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not like you put different grip early on your hands and stuff, you know, so you gotta change your motion up a little bit. But that's also why you try to avoid throwing a lot in those situations, and that's what you try to do. But sometimes you can't avoid it, especially on third downs and things like that, and that's the challenges of plane in those conditions.
Speaker 3: A kind of.
Speaker 1: Judge what his performance.
Speaker 2: In Buffalo I mean it is. I mean, you take that all with a grain of salt.
Speaker 1: But we watch each clip and we talked through it, and I mean that was you know, it's always bad play when you lose the ball, but as far as going through a progression where the ball should again gone, you know, that was his number two in the read. He looked at George, they moved his own coverage. He took a hitch and was going to rip it to the left side and was going to have an explosive to JJ and the ball slipped out. So and I don't want to say that was one of his better plays, but he was doing everything right on that play, and I think we.
Speaker 2: All saw why the ball slipped.
Speaker 1: There's plays in this game that we can coach him up to be better on, and there's some games there's some plays where it's like that, where it's an unfortunate situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: He's had.
Speaker 4: A great game plus catches against the Rams and Seahawks, and he doesn't talk to which we would like to talk to him. But I don't know, is that reflective of anything about him or.
Speaker 1: Is competitive I don't know. I didn't even know he wasn't talking to you guys. So that's the first I've heard.
Speaker 2: Can I do that too? Maybe Juan says smarter than I am. Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: J Juwan's emotional dude, and that's what makes him so great. I mean, you guys see how he plays. And Joan's my one of my favorite people in the world. I mean, he's unique and just the energy brings to everything. And I haven't asked him cause I didn't know that, but I'm sure he hasn't been in the mood after games.
Speaker 2: He takes those hard. Okay, I guess.
Speaker 3: That or anything.
Speaker 4: But you're you're not a bad loser. I mean, you may be a bad loser, but in public, in press conferences, you answer the questions. Not every coach does that. Like after a dream day, you're like getting.
Speaker 3: More questions than most coaches are.
Speaker 4: Like is that someone? Is that your dad? Or you as how you're supposed.
Speaker 5: To handle things?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's just how I am.
Speaker 1: I I answer questions not a good I don't make stuff up. So try to answer you, guys, questions, especially if it's not a stupid question. Sometimes I struggle with ones that I don't understand, and forgive me if I think they're stupid.
Speaker 2: They might not be. I just don't understand them all. But that's how I do press conferences.
Speaker 1: I answer the questions, so I always try to do that without hurting our own team. And that's really about as simple as I keep it.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't take losing well.
Speaker 1: But I'm not showing you guys how I deal with my life in these eight great minutes.
Speaker 2: All I guess. Thanks