Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy.
Speaker 3: Central's America's only sources for news. This is the Daily Joke.
Speaker 4: With your host Jordian Clever. We got so much to talk about tonight. President Biden joined the MACA movement. Conservatives are totally not mad about Taylor Swift, and John Leguizamo is here. So let's get into another inseliment of indecision. Twenty twenty four. We are now just fifty three days away from the election, and the candidates are pulling out all the stops to build out their coalitions. On the Republican side, Donald Trump has been flying around the country with far right internet troll Laura Lumer, a nine to eleven conspiracy theorist who Trump brought to a nine to eleven ceremony yesterday. A nine to eleven truther and a nine to eleven ceremony. Is that like an atheist going to Eastern mass Wow. I don't believe in any of this, But as long as you guys are having fun, you know, and if you want an idea of just how extreme lumor is, Marjorie Taylor Green is calling her out for being racist and not even in a stop stealing my bit kind of way. I didn't even know there was a level of racist above Marjorie Taylor Green. It's like finding out a movie can be rated NC thirty nine. Meanwhile, on the Democratic side, Kamala Harris is basking in the endorsement of Taylor Swift, who posted her support to her two hundred and eighty three million Instagram followers this week, which I'm sure the conservatives are taking it well.
Speaker 5: I'm allowed to criticize Taylor Swift, and I don't give a shit.
Speaker 4: Who gets upset? This is disgusting. She wants to vote Harris Wallace.
Speaker 5: She can do it all she wants, but to say, the reason she's doing it is because of Tim Walls's stance on lgbtq FU Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: I guess I'll find someone else to go with me to the aerostour.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: You know what, maybe I'll just rip them up.
Speaker 6: Who cares?
Speaker 4: Oh they're easy, Just buy a month, stub up, got it. I'm sure not all Conservatives are as mad as Megan Kelly. In fact, some of them went to great lengths to reassure themselves that Taylor Swift's opinions just don't matter.
Speaker 7: We admire Taylor Swift's music, but I don't think most of Americans, whether they like her music or fans of hers or not, are going to be influenced by a billionaire celebrity who I think is fundamentally disconnected from the interests and the problems of thost Americans.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine people relating to a celebrity billionaire, someone who's been on Time magazine or hosted SNL or been in a Kanye West music video. I can't imagine anybody being impressed with that. I'm jd Vance and I have no sense of irony. So who else in the right wing ecosphere is completely unbothered by the tailor endorsement? Here's the thing. Who cares?
Speaker 8: Okay, I buy music, or I go to a movie because I like what the actor is his acting, or I like the singer. I don't give a damn what you think politically. You're not going to move me one way or another. What makes you think that the way you think should influence other people?
Speaker 4: You sing for a webbing?
Speaker 6: Just deal with that?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, a little harsh, but Judge Janine Piro has standards She's not going to be impressed by some celebrity taking a political stance. That's not something that's going to excite her.
Speaker 8: Ever, The Rock is delivering a SmackDown on the Biden campaign.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, look, you really expect Judge Janine to remember what she said four months ago. I'm pretty sure she's had a Pacific Ocean amount of white wine since then. You know what, it's honestly exhausting trying to keep up with the right wing media spinning and its lies. And if you were paying attention yesterday, you probably saw this picture of Joe Biden where he's wearing a Trump twenty twenty four hat and a bunch of Trump fans called him senile and demented, which was mean and also a weird thing to say to a guy for wearing your candidate's hat. But I actually I want to show you what actually happened in that moment, because dare I say? It was a moment of actual fun And when was the last time this campaign gave us something fun? They're eating the dogs? Agay, yeah, away?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Aside from that, yesterday, Joe Biden was at an event honoring the first responders on September eleventh, and several people at the event were wearing Trump shirts, which frankly is a cool thing about America. I mean, nobody in Russia is meeting Vladimir Putin with wearing a Navolney shirt. You know, if they do, they're not leaving through the door. So Joe Biden not only didn't throw anybody out a window, he approached a man wearing a Trump hat and the two of them kind of hit it off.
Speaker 3: Says says, you're an autographer.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, remember her name.
Speaker 8: I don't remember my name.
Speaker 3: Im s Yeah, I know, man, I'm.
Speaker 5: A little guy, and you know, I know you would know about what.
Speaker 4: I know. Okay, See, that's sort of a nice moment, two old men from opposite sides coming together to share a laugh. Well, neither of them run for presidents. And then it got even better.
Speaker 3: There you go, man, you got I need I need that hat, but my autograph, he don't know, mind, I ain't going out.
Speaker 4: For filthy there he goes, tell you what. I'll tell you what. I will tell you what if you asked me, you asked me, this is what you want from the President of the United States. When he meets a voter on the other side. He doesn't get mad at him, he doesn't try to heart sell him. He just shows warmth and a bit of empathy. And they did a remarkable thing you don't see among two people on opposite sides these days. They had a laugh, and with a simple exchange of hats, they're able to share something much more meaningful. Lice itchy, disgusting, impossible to get rid of lice, and that warms my dead heart. For some more analysis on this moment with Joe Biden and a Trump supporter, we turned to Michael Costa. Michael, I.
Speaker 6: Gotta say, I gotta say.
Speaker 4: I moved by this voter. You know, I thought this was a beautiful display of unity. I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 9: Jordan and President Biden showed us that we can put our differences aside and find joy in our common humanity. And maybe think, Jordan, that perhaps you and I can learn from this, and maybe we too could put aside our hatred of each other. I don't think we hate each other, of course we do, shithead, everyone knows. Everyone knows about our rivalry. You're from Michigan. I'm from the better part of Michigan. I'm a hot guy in his forties. You're a guy in his forties. I've got a forehead, you've got a five.
Speaker 4: Heads Okay, okay, you know what this five head packs of being head putt. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 9: The point is perhaps we can learn something from President Biden and that maga guy that looked just like you.
Speaker 4: Let's let's make peace. You know what? You know what? That is a that is a nice idea. As a matter of fact, I have my lucky Kalamazoo college hat right here, and I know you didn't go to Kalamazoo, but in the spirit of unity, will you wear it?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I actually got in the kazu, but my parents told me never to settle. But today, yes, I will wear your beloved hat that.
Speaker 4: I love you. I will tell you that that means a lot.
Speaker 9: Today, thank you, And in return, I'd like you to wear my hat.
Speaker 4: I love that, you know what, I'd be Okay, and here it is, so that's for your okay. You know, I kind of thought it would be like a college hat, not a cowboy hat that says a boobs of it.
Speaker 9: This hat represents everything I believe in and if you truly share my commitment to unity, you'll.
Speaker 4: Wear it, okay, you know what, Well, if it's if it's for unity.
Speaker 9: I almost forgot. You have to wear the rat tail that goes along with it.
Speaker 4: Why does it white? Does a cowboy hat have a rat tail that goes along with it?
Speaker 9: It's a family heirloom. It kept my it kept my great grandfather warm during the Ice Age.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I mean your great grandfather did not use this to keep warm during the Ice Age. Yeah, he did.
Speaker 9: Ice Age four Continental drift.
Speaker 4: The theater was freezing that. Okay, you know what, Fine, Fine, I'll put it in. Okay, great, all right, it's starting to feel like, frankly, it starting to feel like you're kind of working with me.
Speaker 9: How dare you insult my serious attempt to cross the partisan divide.
Speaker 4: You know what, you can make it up.
Speaker 9: To me by putting on this lobster bib?
Speaker 4: I mean okay, I mean okay, but do they even have boom? Look? I give you a normal hack, and you're trying to make me look like an idiot. I don't think that's fair. You know what, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 9: In the spirit of common ground, I should wear the dumbest thing I own sure right okay, So here it is. Here is my commemorative Jordan Klepper will wear anything, lobster bib.
Speaker 4: I mean, how did you? How have you been making ground?
Speaker 9: Don't worry about now, let's go work in the camera for a photo op.
Speaker 6: Come on, let's get in here. Look at this right here.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Michael.
Speaker 2: When we come back, John, we enjoyed it us. Don't go well, welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 4: We all know I've got great opinions, but I'm not the only one. Studies show that other people also have opinions. So here with another installment of in my opinion, is our good friend John Leguizama.
Speaker 6: Yo, yo, yo yo.
Speaker 9: What's up everybody?
Speaker 10: If John Leuizamo here, look, in two short months, America is going to be deciding whether to like Kamala Harris its first woman, or Donald Trump it's grossest man.
Speaker 4: And I'm here because you know how.
Speaker 10: Every time they say that a bell rings and an angel gets its wings. Well, every time Donald says anything racist about a Latino, a handsome clumbing guy goes on the Daily sholf. And if you watch the debate this week, you should know that Trump said a lot of shit about Latinos and immigration, even when he wasn't being asked about immigration.
Speaker 7: When it comes to the economy, do you believe Americans are better off than they were four years ago?
Speaker 11: We have millions of people pouring into our country from prisons and jails, from mental institutions and insane asylums. They're dangerous, They're at the highest level of criminality, and we have to get them out. We have to get them out fast.
Speaker 10: Oh, great answer about the economy, asshole. You're really really nailed in. It's like this dude has immigration tourets or something. Do you want fries with that?
Speaker 12: Sir?
Speaker 1: You know what I don't want.
Speaker 10: I don't want is immigrants eating our beautiful cats and dwegs. And these days Republicans aren't just stoking fears about immigrants committing crimes and eating our pets. They're saying immigrants are sneaking into our American elections. Republican leaders are now calling on Congress to pass what they're calling an election integrity bill.
Speaker 13: The Safeguard American Voter Eligibility or SAVE Act, would require registered voters to provide proof of citizenship and force states to remove non citizens from their lists of eligible voters.
Speaker 7: We want US citizens to vote, but we don't want black.
Speaker 9: Illegal aliens from voting and our elections.
Speaker 8: Joe Biden and his regime are shelling out benefits to illegal immigrants, like Oprah Winfrey on her show, Everyone gets the Votes.
Speaker 4: You're you're right, Lauren Bobert, You're right.
Speaker 10: You can't just casually give votes away. They're not like a hand job at a Beetlejuice musical. And just so everyone's up to speed, what this bill does is require everyone to register with a documentation proving citizenship, like a passport or a birth certificate. And maybe you're thinking, well, you know, if there's a big problem of non citizens voting illegally, why not try to stop it? Well, because there isn't a big problem. There isn't even a small problem. There isn't a problem at all.
Speaker 9: Do you need to hear it Spanish nor eye problem?
Speaker 10: MO data shows that non citizen immigrants almost never vote.
Speaker 6: And why would they?
Speaker 10: Who would risk going to prison or getting deported just for an eye voted sticker? Can you imagine what that person would be thinking? Chingon I travel hundreds of miles, pay tens of thousands of dollars left my beloved ones and faced hardships no human being would ever want to endure.
Speaker 4: So all I.
Speaker 10: Could do was vote for Comtoller Suffolk County since.
Speaker 6: Her father.
Speaker 9: Vote what.
Speaker 10: Sorry if you ask me. This whole thing is just Republicans trying to suppress the Latino vote. And you know why I think that because of stuff like this.
Speaker 1: The New York Times obtained recordings by conservative activists saying that non citizens could be dissuaded from voting by posting signs in Spanish warning against illegally registering. They also suggested purging voter rolls by searching for ethnic names.
Speaker 10: Damn if they're looking for ethnic names to perch from the voting rolls, I am, I mean John, what's with that weird ass silent h And by the time they got to Lego Zama, I'd be lucky if I.
Speaker 4: Could vote for the masked singer.
Speaker 10: Though, there is something funny about these Republican tavadona is trying to write anti voting signs in Spanish because I doubt they have any Spanish speaking friends. They're just going to their clean ladies, like hey, Gonzwello calmos a d S. You cannot vote, and you know, Gonzuelo will come back like, oh I got you, Poppy, it's thing got thing. We're not better got yet? Yeah I said better got. They're not gonna catch me. The censors won't know what the better is. They would know, all right. So so basically the only people these Republicans want voting is white people. So if you want to vote, your skin better be as pure and as white as cocaine powder. My I don't actually know what cocaine is. I mean, is it white. I've never seen it. I definitely don't know what it smells like. I'm just kidding. My mom's a big cocatte. The point is that Republicans are saying illegal aliens are stealing our votes, when in reality, they're the ones stealing votes by using racist fear mongering to suppress them. And not only does this hurt democracy, but also hurts real people, especially Latinos, because all the latest data is showing that hate crimes against Latinos are way up in America, and this bullshit suppresses the vote and propagates false narrative that Latinos don't belong here, when we do.
Speaker 4: We belong here.
Speaker 10: Oh, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 9: You make me feel like I belong.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 10: My own family goes back five hundred years on this continent, bitch, and we're almost done unpacking. He's got a few more boxes left. So Republicans, maybe you should spend less time focusing on the safe act and more time on trying not to be bees. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Speaker 4: John Leck was on Everybody, every Well, come back to Share. It's that man a little as other man. That's no, don't show Bears company. Welcome back to the Daily Show. My guest tonight as a comedian an actor who starts in the new Disney Plus series Agatha All along, Please welcome to Share.
Speaker 6: Zameta.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, oh my god, Oh my gosh, my god, I see this is it which season already?
Speaker 14: It's been which season? It's spooky time?
Speaker 4: It is it comes earlier every year, Isn't that because of like dark magic? It's money, It's money. It's money. It's not climate change. It's money money.
Speaker 14: I think so I feel like I saw like Home Depot skeletons in April, like I think they're really just trying to get you to buy more stuff. It is and please buy myself. Please, please buy into my spooky set.
Speaker 4: People want to be a little spooked out right now. Yes, I've been fearful for years prepping for this. Yeah, but that's more of my own issue now. I first met you a decade ago, I know, I know, right, doing comedy, doing comedy, Yeah, back when there were things to laugh about in this world. Yeah, and now my soul has died again. This is too much about means this year. But we were doing comedy at the UCB back in the day. And since then you had SNL, you had a plethora of TV shows. Now you're in the Marvel universe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what.
Speaker 4: You missed those those sweaty basements doing improv comedy? I do.
Speaker 14: I'm so thankful for those sweaty nights doing comedy because I feel like you were in an incubated space where you can try and fail and do whatever you want. And I do feel like it helped influence like the rest of my career.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you feel the yes and ethos moving through truly?
Speaker 14: I mean I do feel like I am pretty good at manifesting and like, yeah, I think because of things like UCB or where you can be like I just wanted to make this happen. I'll try it, and so, like, you know, I really wanted SNL and I tried it and then it happened. And you know, I've been wanting to be in the Marvel universe for so long and it does feel like manifestation. You say it and eventually it happens.
Speaker 4: Is that really how it works?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 14: I think there's like other things in between, but like, yeah, because it.
Speaker 4: Was just saying I want to be in the Marvel universe. I say that kind of whenever I can, and it has manifested Zilch up until this point.
Speaker 6: You're not a witch.
Speaker 4: I need to be that witch. Yeah, well you joke about this, but you you had a stand up special this year, The First Woman, Yes, and you talk about witches in it, and this is pretty getting to be a witch in the Marvel verse.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's really. It felt very kiss me. I was already doing a lot of research on Which lore and history for my special and I've just been like a fan of which culture and then I got asked audition for this show and then I was like, did you guys know that you're hiring a witch? Like it feels really appropriate?
Speaker 4: How witchy are you? On a scale of zero to Salem?
Speaker 14: Like, don't burn me, I would say, like somewhere in the middle, I have crystals. I don't charge them. I wish I was that person. I wish I was a routine person. But I just like I forget, but like everything's in my house, I just don't use it all the time.
Speaker 4: I was given a witch candle that I had to burn every time I worked on a creative process. Oh that's great this project I was working on.
Speaker 6: Yet it didn't help.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't able to write it a joke. But I don't blame the witchcraft again. I blame my own lack of will power again. Too much about me here, there's there's some some nerve wracking elements, not only in the content of the show you're working on, but there's it's a great cast. Yeah, but you're also starting alongside Broadway legend Patty Lapone.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, wow, you have.
Speaker 4: To sing in front a Broadway legend, Patty Lapone. Where does that rank on your stress level?
Speaker 14: I mean, she made us feel very comfortable. She's so down to earth, and she was so gained to be a part of this team. And I feel like people were stressed about it, but she was like, oh, just saying honey, you're great, Like it was so nice and refreshing. And it's funny because they didn't let us know that we had to sing for the show. Really, that was not a requirement for the audition. They just like hoped for the best.
Speaker 4: And they worked out that could definitely go around.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know I can't.
Speaker 14: I can carry you to hand, so it's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My go to is always like could I Johnny cash it? Yeah, just like just deep as slow as I can. And usually they're like, no, we didn't even cast you in this, so please go back out stop asking you're you're in the Marvel Universe and the Disney Universe. Not your first Disney job, is that correct?
Speaker 14: No, I've I have started way back in my college days. I did the Disney College Program where I have a.
Speaker 6: Picture right here.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's me as a lizard.
Speaker 4: What is that entail being a lizard at Disneyland at disney.
Speaker 14: World World in Orlando, and uh yeah, I walked on stilts in Mickey's Jam and Jungle Parade. I was a character performer. I was friends with Pluto and eo If what you have to say that doesn't you can get you? And I was friends with Pluto and e.
Speaker 4: Or this is incredible you had to be friends with or that guy's such a doubt.
Speaker 6: But he deserves love too.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 12: We all have Yes, yes, a lot of sympathy for was that Was that a fun experience?
Speaker 14: Very fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I mean it was like, you know, kind of like a boot camp for performing, and then you get to interact with the kids directly. And these kids would run up to me whenever I was Pluto and they were like.
Speaker 6: You remind me of my dog at home. And I'd be like, what does your dog look like?
Speaker 14: I'm almost six feet tall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the nose.
Speaker 14: To body proportions all on, Like what you should check on your dog?
Speaker 4: You knew you're acting was just that good when you're convincing little kids? Yeah, yes, well done. Now, if you had to pick, you're in a coven in this show, If you had to pick your ideal coven, Oh of witches, we got Wicked, Which of the West? You got Sabrina teenage witch? You got Kelly and Conway, Like, like, Who's who's in your ideal coven? First?
Speaker 14: Absolutely? Angela Bassett as Marie Levo.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh I like that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, Angela Bassett as anybody can absolutely be my coven. I do love Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, just somebody hijinks, the Sanderson Sisters and the Craft Girls, all the Craft Girls, just.
Speaker 4: A big, big coven. What was there? There seems to be a bond on set in the coven that you had that existed off set as well, truly.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean we have a coven group chain and we like text each other when there's a full moon, and like it's check on each other during retrograde. It's really sweet. And I saw Patty in her play this week and which you shall also go see the Roommates. I saw Joe on Sweeney Todd, Like you know, we we still like dip and bop in and out of each other's lives, and it's really nice to have like a group of people you can rely on like that.
Speaker 4: That's very nice. That sounds lovely. Well, I will tell you retrograde is not a great time for me either. So if you guys want to check on somebody else, I'm around. Yeah, I think you still have my number.
Speaker 6: I think I may have lost.
Speaker 4: It's been a long time. Okay, yeah, yeah, it's been it's been a very long time. It's a very long time. It's so wonderful to see you here and how well you're doing. So share zabina everyone agaza all of In September eighteenth, Disney Class with new apisodes. We're gonna take a floquist. We're right back after. That's a show for tonight. Now here it is moments.
Speaker 11: But over on MSNBC, the Swift enforcement was treated like a new peace deal had been announced at y Alta.
Speaker 10: Now my favo mom was when Matdow read the entire Taylor Swift statement as if it were the Magna carta.
Speaker 4: Oh they're not playing it. I guess well, it was really funny. You set it up. It was good. You went on for nearly getting.
Speaker 3: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 3: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 4: Plus Paramount Podcasts