Speaker 1: Well, well, we have our very first actual Next Pro contestant with us this week. Someone very near and dear to the Dancing with the Stars family, Please welcome to Stepping on Toes Stephanie soso H.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: First, congratulations, thank your appearance on Next Pro. It is no shock to me, but we loved watching you dance. Thank you every week, and I know the viewers agreed with us. Thank you. Now that you've had a chance to settle in the episodes have aired, you're no longer on the show. What's your overall takeaway about the experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say like a lot of growth.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like even before I even went to Next Pro, I feel like I grew a lot, and then.
Speaker 3: Through that process I liked, I don't know, I left.
Speaker 4: A different person, and even like watching it back was also like very eye opening for me as well. So yeah, I feel like the whole experience for me was just growth. Like I I'm very happy with how everything like ended up. Like I feel like I've come to like I don't know, I'm like everything's meant to happen for a reason, and I just like I'm excited just to keep growing and just keep going.
Speaker 5: So that's great because you have I mean, I I have context just because I know you for longer than the audience of next Pro. And yeah, I mean I was telling Daniel, I'm so proud of the way you handled yourself. You know, not just as a performer dancer. I think your pedigree is up there. Obviously you need to continue to grow all but you as a person have displayed yourself perfectly.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of that because you haven't always.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, so I like I said, we talked about growth.
Speaker 5: I'm just the way you handle yourself with a plus and I said I'd work with her any day.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It means a lot coming from meself.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you mentioned being able to watch the show back, Yeah, and learning things from watching the show back. You have been able to watch the show back with your brother, Yes, Ezra, He's made it like a weekly thing of that, And so you guys watch together every week. What have been some of the things that you know, because we all know we've all worked in TV now for years editing, you don't know what your you know, what your experience was while you were there. Yeah, but obviously you're being recorded every second of every day, so you don't know what moments are going to make it to TV and what moments are going to make it to the cutting room floor. Yeah, what has been your impression of your experience there? What have you learned from watching it now that it's been on TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely is like an out of body experience because I know the motions I felt in that moment, like we're very different when I was watching, and like even like i'd say, like on camera, like some of the dancing, like I thought I was like super full out, But then watching it back sometimes I'm like, oh, like you know, just like little things like that.
Speaker 2: But I think, yeah, it definitely.
Speaker 4: Was like really fun for me to watch it back and just like relive some of those like motions that I was going through because each week was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Any regrets, any regrets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say my losing my confidence. I think that last week for me, like I feel like I'm a pretty confident person, but that week for me, it was just really hard mentally, and I think I let it get to me a little bit, And that's probably my only regret, just not being able to keep that fire going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jen was like hearing watching that, Yeah, even watching it back now, because I mean obviously she lived through it live and she came back and kind of shared her experience on tour. Yeah, but watching it back now in person, yeah, I mean she was so sad for you because you, guys go even further back, and she knows you as a kid and the way you are as a person. I feel like you never love that youthful energy that you had, so yeah, so she was like really feeling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Jenna definitely knows me since I was a little girl.
Speaker 1: So yeah, You've been known by so many people since you were a little girl, and you feel like everybody's little sister. I want to know a little bit about the house, yeah, and all living together, and I'm like, I'm happy that dancing, of course is the focus and that it didn't turn into Love Island, but like, also tell me about living with your dance opponents with that much pressure circling around you.
Speaker 4: It was hard for me because I've never lived with anyone other than Ezra my family, so I was like experiencing first things for myself.
Speaker 2: And we had roommates, and I wish they would have shown that more.
Speaker 4: But I was Nina's roommate, so having to navigate like everyone's like emotions as well, Like we would all go to rehearsal and go and sit in the dinny trable like and.
Speaker 3: It's just as crazy, Like I've never had that before.
Speaker 2: Usually you can go and like decompress totally.
Speaker 3: But it was it was cool. It was very eye opening for me too.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh wow, I also grew in that way too, Like as a person, I was like, okay.
Speaker 5: Yes, these type of people exist, Yeah, and this is what they're like in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, different personalities, different energy, like different things that make people upset, like learning how to like not you know, be respectful, but also like put boundaries like was like a big thing too.
Speaker 1: When you say you had a roommate, did that you guys literally shared like a room, Like there were two beds in the same room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a bunk bed.
Speaker 6: Who got the top bunk?
Speaker 2: Nina, she let me have the bottom.
Speaker 1: So I was like happy, Oh my gosh, because when you have a roommate and you live in an apartment together, usually you're not sharing a room. You usually unless you're on the bus, you have your own space that even if you work with your roommate, and then you come home to the same house. You can walk into your bedroom and close the door and have like I don't want, I don't I can just be with myself. But to then be sharing a room, there's literally nowhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you have a place that you would go zen out by yourself?
Speaker 4: No, that's the thing I didn't, And I kind of wish I would found that on the show because like, I'm very much a fan, Like usually I'll call Ezra like after a rehearsal, or like I'll call my people. So not being able to have that in the house was really hard because I'm I'm such a family person, so I but I was really grateful because me and Nina did, like we didn't like vent to each other a lot of the time, so it was nice to have her around me, like in the house and everything. So yeah, I also got really close close to Tristan, so he was also somebody i'd go to and be like, how are you feeling?
Speaker 6: Like right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, So would you say Tristan and Nina were like your two best friends in the house or yeah, okay, those are the two you connected with the most, considering you know the stress of Dancing with the Stars firsthand. You have been there. What was this process like in comparison to that show. You've got two days to nail a routine in front of Shirley Ballast isn't chill. So how do you think the stress level compares.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because even it was harder than something you can dance.
Speaker 4: For me as well, like the fact that we had to choreograph in two days like on the show, I feel like it's a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like.
Speaker 5: Well, resources yeah, you can take a day go away. Hey, yo, let me borrow your body real quick. Let me see how we could break this out. And I believe you didn't have that right. I mean, you had your roommates, but I heard that people would stop you if it wasn't allocated time to rehearse, Like they couldn't just rehearse in the kitchen when they wanted to.
Speaker 6: It was like you get two hours and that's all you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if the show showcases that, Yeah they don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was timed so like we go and rehearsal.
Speaker 4: They start the clock and then as soon as over, like they came into a wide and it was like and then if they saw you rehearsing in the house, then they would stop you.
Speaker 3: And be like you will, we will, you will get in trouble.
Speaker 1: It looks like there's a home rehearsal space and like the garage or something, and that one was time to so that counts as part of your time because actually the way it's edited makes you believe that if you want to muscle like that, you can be rehearsing any time you want. No, No, it was so scary.
Speaker 6: I'm not quick, you know.
Speaker 1: Imagine us with tambourines if we only had two hours.
Speaker 5: I'm a late bloomer. But when I bloom, I blossom, right, you know what I mean? I really shine, But I need.
Speaker 6: Every second second. Yeah, on their clock like that. That's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was definitely really hard.
Speaker 4: And like I couldn't like go to the other boys and be like hey, style of this like stylized wise for the guys, like what can I give Tristan here? Like we were just like but like we just couldn't like help each other, even though like we all really wanted to help each other, so that was hard because like we were all just like on go mode, like it felt like life or death.
Speaker 1: And you also didn't have your phones, right, No, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: They took our phones, which is also really hard because like I usually go on YouTube and like the ideas for a lift here, or like I'm like, oh, musically, I kind of want to put something here, and I'm like I had no like literally just my talent.
Speaker 1: And my brain in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my brain.
Speaker 1: Okay. I want to talk about your final week, and it was unique for many reasons. You were paired with Tristan, and I don't think it's talking out of school when I say he was the least experienced in ballroom on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was it rough all week during rehearsals or did you think, oh, I think we're going to pull this off.
Speaker 4: I will say when we started, it was an uphill battle for sure, because I know he was like kind of upset up me still, and I knew I just really wanted to like have that connection. But we do work well together, yeah, because I feel like I am also a hip hop dancer, so I kind of understand his brain when it comes to like choreography, and like how he taxed choreography as well.
Speaker 2: It's like we're very similar.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the rest of rehearsals were great, and we were just fighting, like we've really just wanted to stay. Like we were like we just give it. Are all like we don't know what the judges are going to be looking for. We also hadn't seen the other routines, so we just were kind of just going off of what we felt.
Speaker 5: It was definitely the better performance he had all season.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sure it was a good dance. So yeah, you did that.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I think, and this is just my opinion here, I think having a couple's elimination wasn't exactly fair mine too, because this is about finding one next pro and it's not like you're with a celebrity in you know, walking in with a clean slate to the art forum. So like a partner can make or break you and in this case, and I don't love saying it, but Tristan did bring you down in this scenario. Do you agree with me?
Speaker 6: I do, of course.
Speaker 5: I mean you're only as good as your partner. That's kind of the juxtaposition here, is like, yes, they're choosing one pro, but that pro skill set has to you know, elevate the part in their way.
Speaker 6: That is just like, that's why I said that and you did. It's just, yeah, there was a lot of elimination. I agree with you.
Speaker 5: The partner thing. Yeah, it's not you're looking for one pro and I didn't think that you deserve to go so yeah, yeah, I don't get what they accomplished with that.
Speaker 1: So I know this week you posted a dance with you and Alan and it is remarkable. Oh, thank you so good. Have you seen it? Okay, you have to watch it. It's out of this world and it immediately gets you thinking, what if he had been your partner? And I'm not trying to totally make it seem like this was all Tristan's fault, because of course no, no, of course it's not, but it felt like it was not Stephanie's week to go home, No, not at all.
Speaker 5: That's that's the whole point, is it, Because as people getting eliminated, the challenges with where they'll shine actually the brightest are only coming up. Yeah, you know. That's the other thing is like we never got to see Stephanie in the episode we're going to be discussing. Yeah, thanks, yeah for that, you know, and that's a miss for the show and for what you could have brought to the table, wow moments as far as your arranged like things like that, you know what I mean. So, yeah, it's it's a timing and a luck thing as well, I think is the way the cards fell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, sometimes that happens.
Speaker 1: What have you thought of AJ's journey on the show.
Speaker 4: I think he's really qualified, Like, yeah, you know, he did shrictly and I did try to learn a lot from him while I was in the house because like he I feel like he likes done it before. Yeah, but I don't know, I feel like he's danced really well, and you know, obviously like there's been like comments from the judges and everything, but I don't know, I try to really just focus on myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just curious if any of his and maybe it's earned arrogance. Let's call it earned arrogance. He's an incredible dancer. He's, like you said, he's kind of done this job already. Does any of that translate into his behavior in the house or is it more or just true confidence in his skills? As a dancer, I would.
Speaker 3: I would describe AG as very posh and very confident.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, I definitely yes, I just I definitely just kept to myself, like there were definitely people in the house that I was like I were closer with, and he just like wasn't one of those people, but.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to dance with him.
Speaker 1: Though you've already told us a couple of things that were surprising for me to hear as a viewer of the show, I did not realize this rehearsal time was so precious. What else is something that might surprise a viewer of the show. What are we not seeing?
Speaker 4: I wish they would have shown our personalities in the house a little bit more, because there was a lot of funny things that would happen that I feel like people would love to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to see you guys actually connecting as I mean, we did.
Speaker 6: We did see that though. Yeah, we did see a lot.
Speaker 5: Like one of my things was like, first of all, they're all very emotionally available on the show. I love to see you guys really opened up. Really just you were very vulnerable, all of you, every and so many of you, even Aj we were talking about agent, everybody opened up and allowed, uh, allowed themselves for the process.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like really genuinely you could feel that for better and for worse. But I really yeah that at the house.
Speaker 1: Most of what we see at the house, we saw a couple of confrontations, but to her point, there were moments of laughter and a lot of fun and maybe some bonding. Similarly to the way Dancing with the Stars wants to see us at Disneyland with our partner and you know, having a good time in the rehearsal space, laying on the floor laughing hysterically. It would have been nice also to see some of the moments where it's a little more light and fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially like our roommate's dynamics, Like all, yeah, have been fun.
Speaker 3: And then I know, like there's like a couple people that left, like we call it the villa, but then they're.
Speaker 4: Like dating now, so it's like so cool. It's like wow, like they did actually form genuine connections.
Speaker 1: So cute. That is cute. I bet I know who it is.
Speaker 6: Well, what do you mean we could talk?
Speaker 1: Okay, we do go for it.
Speaker 6: It's Eric and Bryan.
Speaker 3: They're so cute. They're so perfect each other. Yeah, like very like, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that?
Speaker 6: Well, it's on social media.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't follow them on social Yeah, okay, that's She's like. I'm like, you guys are like, well yeah, because we all know, and I'm like, I didn't get a text.
Speaker 6: No, No, they they're they're open and social. I mean that's why I mentioned it. It was private.
Speaker 1: Got it very cute? We know that Ezra is your biggest cheerleader. What has it been like getting to share this experience with him?
Speaker 2: It's been like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like because I wasn't really on the show last year, I think being able to do next Pro kind of like filled that void, if that makes sense. Like I was able to kind of experience like what it was like, what would it be like if I was a pro having a choreograph and like high stakes and so being able to show him like my dances and like and just have him like love them, like it really meant a lot to me because I can be crazy like when I'm dancing, and so for him to like see them and just be like really proud of them, like it really meant a lot to me because we did like go through a lot together growing up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well I got to sit next to him on a couch for the super Bowl and he was like, guys, I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to make everybody be quiet. He had his phone out he was recording. It was so sweet and I did want to talk to you about the super Bowl. It's obviously unrelated to its bro but what was it like being art?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would never, he would never.
Speaker 1: What was it like being a part of that Bad Bunny performance?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 3: It was phenomenal. I think I was like telling my family like it was.
Speaker 4: I realized it was like the first time that I felt like I was around people that like spoke Spanish and we're from all different parts is like you know the country, but like had different Latin roots, and it was really healing for me and I. That whole process was really beautiful because they also took our phones, so it felt like from like January up until I was done with next prot like I didn't have a phone right, So it was like it was really I was so grateful and I feel like I grew a lot on that job, so it.
Speaker 1: Was it was It was awesome how the amount of time you have spent without a phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: I know it must be hard to get to get back into using a phone. Yeah, what do you think is next for you? Is this the end of your Dancing with the Stars journey or are we going to continue to see you in the ballroom? What's next for you and how can we support you?
Speaker 4: I'm just going to keep working hard and like every all my dreams, like you know, dans MIAs Stars and like acting like pretty much everything I can, and just keep trying to grow as a person. I honestly don't know what's going to happen with the show, Yeah, but I just want to keep showing up and just seeing what happens and what's six because I'm a firm believer that everything does happen for a reason if you, like are prepared and you put the hard work in. So I'm just gonna see what happens, and you know, if it's meant to be my path at will and if not, then I'll just continue going. But I'm just like really proud of how far I've come since like just growing up, and you talked to this point like like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just really proud of myself, so you should.
Speaker 1: Be if we are proud of you too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you did a lot of epic stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes you did.
Speaker 6: Yeah like that. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: And I kind of said that last week too, like, yes, you did not win the show. The point was to win the show, but you still won so many things along the way, and including you won me over. If I have a gig, I would happily love to share space with you based on that show.
Speaker 6: So that's a small dub.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not winning the show, but listen, you could win the show and not grow and do it one time and then no one wants.
Speaker 6: To work with you.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Or you can potentially not win for the wind's sake and actually win an opportunity that then blossoms into a whole other career.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: So I think you're winning and reflecting on your life, you should be very proud because you have accomplished that stuff. I was at a Homies house watching the Super Bowl. I was like, yo, first of all, yes you saw little Alex Earl shout out Alex Earl, but you really saw a step the entire time, and your hair was out and I was like, I know that girl. She is so totally, so fun. You should be so proud and you look amazing. You have a great energy about you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see what's next for you, Stephanie. We are massive fans. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you you guys.
Speaker 1: By