Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: On this Tuesday, Dan and The Dan Ed's Dan Patrick Show. Rob Grenkowski will join us coming up here shortly. Bengals over the Cowboys Cincinnati five and eight, Dallas five and eight. Feel like there's a real big difference between the Bengals five and eight and the Cowboys five and eight. Dallas has been horrible at home. They lose by an average of almost seventeen points per game. They hung in there and had a chance block the punt. Somehow only Dallas can block a punt and somehow give the ball back to the Bengals, and then Joe Burrow made him pay if the Bengals defense lived up to their end of the bargain. Joe Burrow might be your leading candidate for MV pick. He's had an incredible season and it feels like he knows he has to score just about every time. So I give Dallas credit. They did hold them down for a while, only twenty points in until the final two minutes. And then he finds Jamar Chase Heisman finalists Travis Hunter, Ashton Genty, Dylan Gabriel, and cam Ward all going to New York. I mailed in my ballot yesterday, but I'm not allowed to say anything until after the ceremony to tell you who I voted for and who I didn't vote for. But I have at least one surprise on my ballot, and I wanted to wait till the very last moment. I think it was three forty five when I sent the email to Paulie. I said, you can send this in now, that's been our tradition. Paulie, I got a call from the Heisman Committee. They're like, Uh, you're going to send in your ballot. I go, oh, what time is it? Then it was like three forty I said, Paulie, we got to send this in. Here's my first guy, second guy, third guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, paul always caught me my nap window too, id your nap window?
Speaker 2: Now my nap window was over. I think that's when I woke up to a phone call from the Heisen Committee. Night football, the Playoff Hunt takes center stage. Packers Seahawks collide primetime Sunday at seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock, which is where you can find this program. Peacock download the app if you haven't done so, see what's pole question for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see, right.
Speaker 5: Now, we've got up there quarterback least likely to win a Super Bowl. This is really interesting. Right now, there are two players who have seven percent of the vote. They're tied at the bottom of the pole, so that means they are the most likely to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I think So, if you're least likely to win the Super Bowl and you have the highest amount of votes, that means you're least likely. But if you have the fewest amount of votes, you're most likely.
Speaker 2: So you want to lose this pole question?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So you want to guess who's winning the pole question by losing it? Joe Burrow You're I'm sorry, no, Joe Burrow is currently the second least likely to win a Super Bowl. Oh okay, Your options are Brock Purty, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurt, Jalen Hurts. Jalen Hurts currently is tied for last, which means he's most likely to win the Super Bowl, tied with Lamar Jackson. Brock Purty right now, least likely to win Super clears that up.
Speaker 2: Let's make way for Rob Gronkowski. I know, I'm confused. You and LV will face Cow at the Art of Sport LA Bowl hosted by Gronk and Sofi. That'll be Wednesday, December eighteenth at nine Eastern. The four times Super Bowl champ joining us on the program. Who calls you, Rob?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 2: I bought it?
Speaker 6: Danny, Dan, Danielle.
Speaker 7: I don't know what your name is either. We got all different types of names.
Speaker 2: I don't have a nickname. But who calls you Rob?
Speaker 8: So like?
Speaker 7: My close friends call me Rob, My family members call me Rob like, and that's basically all. I'm basically known as Gronk to a lot of my teammates, a lot of teammates, depending on how they referred to me as like if Julian's referring to me as like the football player, he calls me Gronk, and but like if we're hanging out and we're just chilling and it's just awesome, it's more personal he calls me Rob.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's that goes with a lot of teammates as well.
Speaker 7: So basically my family, personal situations with teammates and my close friends growing up, you know, basically my friends from Buffalo, they call me Rob. Other than that, it's Gronk and I love it, man. I love the name Gronk. And here's a little story too with it. Is that my other brother Dan, he's my He's the second oldest brother in my family. He was nicknamed Gronk his whole entire life, all the way up until he got into the NFL, and then I took it over.
Speaker 6: I'm a big shot like that.
Speaker 2: Did you want to play for Buffalo when you were growing up?
Speaker 7: When I was growing up as a kid, I one did want to play for Buffalo.
Speaker 6: That was the team.
Speaker 7: I mean, I was a Buffalo Bill's fan. I love Eric Molds, Takio Spikes. That era right, there was the era where I was really into it. We were really passionate fans like you see now with Bill's Mafia, because we were just so busy, uh, with with my with everything going on with my family. How I had four brothers, so we didn't really get to get to too many games. But we were Buffalo Bill's fans just overall as a whole and definitely always dreamed of playing for them. But I think it worked out more the better when they passed on me twice, and I always used it as motivation as well, Like I pretend like it, I'm you know, I was really pissed that they didn't take me, But deep down I kind of knew that when I got drafted to the New England Patriots that it was a way better situation at the time, and the moment when I really wanted to play for the Buffalo Bills, I would say, if I had a chance to, would have been the last four years, you know, of the last four years. So when I was in Tampa Buffalo Bills they were legit. And then after I was done in Tampa as well, over the last three years, you know, I had a couple thoughts, Hey, how cool would that be to play for the Bills. I actually talked to them at one point before I went, you know, back to Tampa Bay for my second year, just because you know, they have a solid team Josh Allen.
Speaker 6: Just how cool would that be to play one year?
Speaker 7: Getting drafted there when I've been cool because I got drafted to an unbelievable situation, but the play a year with Josh Allen would have been really cool.
Speaker 6: But unfortunately it just didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain the situation where Joe Burrow is trying to recruit you to Cincinnati and did you did you know that that was Joe Burrow actually trying to recruit you?
Speaker 6: All right? All right, so that story kind of went big recently. So here here's what happened.
Speaker 7: I got like five years ago, actually when not five years ago, however long it was when Malcolm Brown got drafted first round to the New England Patriots. He texted me and then I texted him back, and then it was a fake number, and that's what I talked about. And then I told myself, Hey, I'll never respond to fake numbers anymore or random numbers that I.
Speaker 6: Don't know, because I was getting a lot of them.
Speaker 7: So then after my second year playing with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I've got to ask plenty of questions, like when you're doing media stuff, you know, you go to media row all that wherever. It was, Hey, what young quarterback would you love to play for, if you could play, if you could play with And I was like, Joe Burrow, he reminds me of Tom Brady. I watched him in the National Championship Game at LSU and just the way that he stays in the pocket, the way he goes through all his reachs, just the way that he presents and carries himself. I really think that would be cool to play with him. That's my young buck quarterback that I feel like I would drive. But it blew up everywhere, Like I wanted to go to the Cincinnati Bengals, and this was right after I retired from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 6: So then we fast forward.
Speaker 7: We're at the White Party and we talked about this on my podcast Dudes on Dudes, but we're going to recap it right now my new podcast that I host with Julia, So check us out for plenty of stories as well.
Speaker 6: But we go back.
Speaker 7: We're at the White Party and there's Joe Burrow. I never met him in my life, and we just chat real quick. He's like, yo, because he texted me right after I said all that about him in Cincinnati. I wanted to play him, and that's when I didn't text him back because I didn't believe it.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to get duped together. So I see him at the White Party. We're hanging out talking.
Speaker 7: He's like, yo, Gronk, I texted you Burrow just along those lines, and I was and my eye shot up. I kind of got embarrassed because like I want to text him back if I knew one hundred percent, because I'm a big fan, I really am. And I was like, no, way, bro, that was you. He's like, yeah, man, you ghosted me.
Speaker 6: Just it was just.
Speaker 7: Along those lines, and like I kind of felt bad because like I wanted to respond to Joe Burrow.
Speaker 6: I mean, he cool dude, and uh I just told him.
Speaker 7: I was like, hey, it's probably a good thing I didn't and He's like, yo, man, I could have used you. And I was like, no, when I'm retired, trust me, you don't want.
Speaker 6: Me out there on the field. You would. It would have only brought your play down, buddy.
Speaker 7: So that's how it went down, man, And uh, he's cool, cool dude, And that's.
Speaker 2: All we're talking to. Grink. How often, like I gotta believe your personality with Bill Belichick, would there are times when he like would scold you at being a goofball?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 7: I would say my uh, just a few times. Because here's the thing. If you show up and you ball out and you perform and you're consistent with balling out and performing. Coach Belichick is gonna let you do whatever you want to do, you know, as long as you ain't getting in trouble and all that. Like, if you're having fun but you're balling out, he lets you do what you do. But if you're if you're doing all that other nonsense tweet NonStop being causing controversy, controversy and not bawling and have all this extra activity going on, yeah, he's gonna get on your case. So it was a good thing that he was barely on my case because I was bawling, Dan, I was balling my second year in the league, I was balling my rookie year in a way my third year, all.
Speaker 6: That good stuff.
Speaker 7: But every once in a while he would get on my case and it was just funny though. He would get the whole team laughing that he's yelling at me about something that I did. Stupid, but it was straightened me up and it button me up to you know, he was just letting me know, hey, you better clean up the act before it gets out of control.
Speaker 6: Just along those lines, but nothing too serious.
Speaker 2: Can you see him coaching a college team? Could you see him coaching at North Carolina.
Speaker 7: I mean, I can tell you this coach Belichick is the best coach, hands down in the game of football. He has more knowledge than anyone I've ever talked to, and just more knowledge of the game, just inside and out. He knows everything, the playbook, rule book, you name it. This guy special teams, offense, defense, This guy knows it all and he would be a great coach at the University of North Carolina. My only question is how would he do because when you're a head coach in college, it's kind of like not really being a head coach. It's not about all football. From my understanding and meeting head coaches in college and seeing what they do, it's more about managing the program and also managing these kids and recruiting them. I can't see coach Balichick, you know, being all in in that situation, coaching wise one on the field, getting these players ready for the NFL, that's what he would do. But hey, when it comes to recruiting, I think that's the question mark, and that's really up to him if he if he can see himself doing that. With me personally, I can see him getting tired and old with all that transfer portal anil stuff going on.
Speaker 2: What if he said, would you be my tight ends coach?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, I'm not into the coaching the world Dan. You know, I really love what I'm doing analysts with Fox on the pregame kickoff show.
Speaker 6: That's going so well.
Speaker 7: Coaching is just not in my forte You know, I love the game of football, but you know that's just not me. I can see myself coaching though, like if I have a kid one day, like like my brothers have kids, I go to their game, just give them a tip or so and watch them do it. Like I can see myself doing like Little League and stuff like that, But not no coach in college or NFL.
Speaker 2: The bowl game, second consecutive year, you're hosting this bowl game, the Art of Sport LA Bowl hosted by Gronkit so far Wednesday, December eighteenth, at nine eastern. How did you get involved? Like, what is your goal with this bowl game?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know, it's just to expand you know, my family name, that's for sure. You know, keep it in the in the home of the football world, which one hundred percent it's doing. And you know, just go out there and motivate kids as well, you know, keep the name on a positive track and just to stay in the football world. Is really cool because I actually played in this Bowl game as well as the first ballgame that Arizona went to in ten years when I was at the University of Arizona, and it was actually called the Vegas Ball at the time, but it was the same ex that conference matchup as it is now. And then it got moved to the La Bowl in Los Angeles in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: So it's just a cool atmosphere, you know.
Speaker 7: My goal is to bring energy to the crowd, to bring energy to the teams, all that good stuff. Like last year, I sang the national anthem, I did a couple other antics. It wasn't that great, but at least I had, you know, a chorus with me. I had four others as well with me, so it made me sound decent, you know, it made me sound sound all right. I also raced the Boise State mascot last year, which it was a dog, and I beat the dog and.
Speaker 6: The dog only lost one of the time, you know, in his life.
Speaker 7: So just doing that type of cool things, bringing the gronk effect to the game, and that's what it's all about. Just cracking it up and having my friends, former teammates, former college teammates. They're my family. So it's just a good experience and great atmosphere.
Speaker 2: You getting married soon?
Speaker 6: Oh man, that's a great question right there, my man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm working, we're getting close to the holidays. Yes, you know we are.
Speaker 7: I'm with my I've been with my girl for quite some time now. She's wonderful. She's the best. We totally understand each other's schedules. Uh, you know, when I'm on the road, she's on the road. Sometimes she goes with me. Sometimes we bring the dog. Sometimes she stays back. We have it down to science, that's for sure. We basically already are. I mean we act like we are, but uh, you know, we're gonna might have to move into the future.
Speaker 6: Step coming up soon, man.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, just saying around the holidays that that sometimes get a little pressure.
Speaker 7: We do watch all the Hallmark movies and that's what they're all about, so.
Speaker 6: I feel the pressure from the Hallmark channel.
Speaker 2: Congrats on the success and good luck with the bull game. Always great to catch up with you, my man.
Speaker 7: Out of Sport LA Bowl Game hosted by Yours truly grat December eighteen, six pm. Get your tickets now, Dan, you're invited to come to my sweep baby if you want.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Gronk, thank you, Yes, take care guys, all right, thank you. That'll be UNLV facing col at the Art of Sport LA Bowl hosted by Gronk. Yeah, he's been with his girlfriend quite some time. Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.
Speaker 9: Yes, Tom, it's so refreshing to know that's not a stick with his on air personality and him just chatting with you is pretty much exactly what you see is what you get.
Speaker 10: God bless her for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but he's right though. When you do your job with Belichick, that's all we ask. It's always do your job. Do your job. Then I think he gives you a little bit of leeway there. It's when you're not doing your job and then he has a with that. But going back to Lawrence Taylor, when Belichick was the defensive coordinator with the Giants, LT when he got on the field, did his job. Off the field, he did more than that. But I think Bill Parcells gave you lee way if you did what you're supposed to do, and Belichick was probably that way. Dennis Rodman was similar to that that there would be times when you'd have to put up with Dennis off the court, but once he got on the court, it was really rare when you would say he's not giving his best, that he's not into the game. So when he says, hey, I need three days in Vegas and Phil Jackson goes all right, and then he comes back, you know, but that's when you coach a person, not a player. You have to be able to look at him and say, how do I manage this person instead of treating everybody the same as that's a player. All right, let me take a break. We'll get some more phone calls coming up back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: I saw this story and it had to do with Ryan Rossillo of the mother Ship. He revealed that he took his shot with Megan Markle. Now this goes back to the twenty fourteen Beach Bowl that we had, and this is where you had Chrissy Tigan. You had all these swimsuit models Hannah Davis, Derek Jeter's wife, Nina Agdall, Michael B. Jordan was in it, Nina Dobrev was in it, and Megan Markle was in it. And Ryan Rossillo was playing in the beach football game, the Beach Bowl, and he said that nobody was paying attention to her, so he thought he was going to take his shot with her. And he was like, that's my lane. She's probably doubting herself a little bit right now.
Speaker 4: I need to know the tone of that statement.
Speaker 2: Knowing Rosillo, I think that I don't think there was any like sarcast No, I don't think so, because Rosillo played like he was playing in the Super Bowl even you know, all out. You know, he's probably did some pumps, you know whatever. He said that she was never more obtainable than that moment. Let's see what else is he saying. And then he invited her on his radio show. She was in suits and it was season four and she decided that she was going to decline the offer because she didn't know anything about sports. But hey, I give him credit. You know, he took a shot thought she was obtainable. I don't know how you assess that at a Beach Bowl like a football game. I don't know, you seem obtainable. Hannah Davis though she wasn't attainable, but man, oh man, that's one of those where and I was doing the play by play, if you want to call it that. I think Serena Williams was there, like Ireland Baldwin. There was like a yeah, it wasn't that the same one there was.
Speaker 5: I remember there was one Jerry Ferrara I think had a breakout at that. That was one of those celebrity beach Bowls where I was like, damn, there's a lot of people here.
Speaker 2: I remember I got done with the Beach Bowl and I immediately went to Newark Airport and then I flew to the Olympics in Sochi because the game ended and I had a charter that NBC had and I said, where's my wallet? I gotta go, And I remember Santa PAULI, I got to get out of here, so they got me through it. I remember seeing Michael B. Jordan like there were all these people and like hey, and I go, Hey, I gotta go. I gotta go to the Olympics. I'm thinking I could have stayed there for a little while the after party there but Jerry Ferrara, who was Turtle and Rage. He was the MVP. But I remember Megan Markle just because she was gorgeous, but I didn't want suits. And there were so many other more famous people there at the time than the now Duchess of Sussex. But this was twenty fourteen, so that's ten years ago, and Ryan Marosillo was going to take a shot. She seemed obtainable. In a million years, I would never have the confidence to be able to do that where I'm even now, Let's say I was single and I was meeting Jennifer Aniston like I wouldn't go, you know, I think you're obtainable. I'd be like she'd be like, uh, we're in a movie together. But that's where the chemistry ends. Somebody like okay, no worries, yes Polly.
Speaker 3: But if you're someone like Ryan Riscilla, who's got success, he's doing well, and he sees Megan Markle, he may think to himself, maybe nobody asked her out because they think she's unattainable.
Speaker 4: I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I don't think Ryan had success success or She's gonna go what are you doing? I do afternoons with Scott Van Pelt.
Speaker 3: No, but he is a you know, has a nice career going more so and a confident guy.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Oh, he's a confident guy. He didn't have a career going where she's gonna go. Okay, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you this. I don't think I've ever repeated this. I almost asked out someone famous when I had nothing going on. I was living in New York in the late nineties. I was working at a bar and lightly working at CBS Sports. Do you guys know the actress Laurie Singer from Foodloos? Yeah, she used to come in the bar.
Speaker 2: Believe or not.
Speaker 3: This is very convoluted. Do you remember John Stossel from ABC News.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: John used to have a volleyball team that played together and they used to come in the bar afterwards. And I talked to Lori Singer a bunch. I remember getting a vibe and going, maybe I should ask her out, and then I thought better of it and didn't.
Speaker 4: But I at the time I kind of regretted it.
Speaker 2: I before I met my wife in New York, and I met somebody at a boxing press conference and she turned out to be something, and I remember she said to my producer, Hey, does he have a girlfriend. Well, he forgot to tell me. And then along he goes, I don't know how to This was a while after, and he goes, I don't know how to bring this up to you. And I'm like, what he said this? I want to know if you were available, And I go, why are you telling me? Now? He goes, I forgot, And I go, oh, now, thirty seven years later, been married. But it would have been nice to at least, you know, kick the tires on that a little bit. She seemed obtainable maybe, and I and I had a lucrative career as a reporter's CNN. I was killing it back then. Man, Yes, Todd, that's.
Speaker 9: An unacceptable producer mistake. It's one thing to say, well, I think I told you eight triples. He actually had eleven triples. That is not a whole other world.
Speaker 2: I was going for a triple double. I mean, you're right. And this person turned out to be famous and to a certain degree still famous.
Speaker 4: Can we guess?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't want to do that. But it was a situation where I didn't even think that she was obtainable, even back then when she had just a little bit of success, because I'm going she looks a whole lot better. She was unbelievable in person and then didn't even think anything of it. Zero. It's like the first time I met El McPherson, she was twenty one, I was like, that's not fair. That's the most beautiful woman I ever saw in my life. In person. It was like wow, until I met my wife. Of course, you always have to say that because if my wife says, oh, you know, I said, you know, she's always telling me somebody's good looking. I said, yeah, okay, not as good looking as you. I said, Hunt, it's okay, you can. I don't blame you. I would say that guy's better looking than me. Yes, Marva.
Speaker 10: Look if the duke from Bridgerton walked in right now, it was me and my wife, my Marvin, I love you, but I'm gonna see you later.
Speaker 2: Now that's not true.
Speaker 5: Yes see, it is funny, like I know my wife has dated dudes infinitely better looking than me, Guys with one hundred times the like, like super rich guys, all of this stuff. And then occasionally I'm like, oh, sorry, babe.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how it ended up here. But this is what you got. But I give Ryan Rossillo. There's certain guys that it's you know, they get denied, but they're grinders. They're going to keep coming back. And the fact that Ryan Rossillo thought that he had the game to get her you take a shot, good for him. I never I never had the confidence to do that ever. Ever, Ever, you had to you know, when they put do you like me, yes or no? And then they send a piece of paper like you It always had to start that way. And there was no way I was sending, you know, a piece of paper to somebody do you like me? Yes or no? They would have added a third spot like f off, wow, yes, no f off. Okay, I'm gonna take that as a Now, all right, PAULI has a Gronk question for the room that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think about Rob Gronkowski's career. How would you define it in one line? Could you say he's the greatest tight end of all time without any other words?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say he's the greatest tight end.
Speaker 4: How would you?
Speaker 3: I think I would say something like at his best, he's the greatest tight end of all time. But he had four great seasons. I mean four or five great seasons, but then Tony Gonzalez had fifteen, Like what line would you use?
Speaker 2: But Gronk played in super Bowls. That's the difference. Tony didn't get a chance. Tony Gonzalez to me, is the best tight end, Like statistically, that's the best tight end of all time. And he was consistent throughout. Now you can say compiler, but he played at a high level high end for a long time. Gronk's highs were higher than everybody else except for maybe now Travis Kelcey. If Kelsey gets one more now, all of a sudden, those highs are similar. But I always thought Gronk was unstoppable when he was great, he was unstoppable and different than Kelsey. Like there are different types of tight ends there, and Tony was one of those first guys who felt like a wide receiver lining up at a tight end. Kellen Winslow senior he felt that way too, where it was just like that's different. But Gronk, I would just say he's a character. I mean everything about him, the way he played, the way he is now, He's just a character. But I don't know if i'd say sum it up by I don't think you can sum it up by saying, hey, best tight end of all time, because he's so much more than that. That's he's just an interesting guy. He really is.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tom in North Carolina, Hi, Tom, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: DP.
Speaker 8: I was listening to Gronk talk about the recruiting and different things like that for Bill Belichick, and I'm on the other side of that because I'm thinking, Okay, Dion doesn't do these recruiting trips. I mean, I live close to Chapel Hill, so I'm in that area right there. I did kind of get some inside information and find out that Bill Belichick did have a set down interview with Crappensburg State and then stood up and said, onto Chapel Hill.
Speaker 2: But thank you Tom, Thank you Tom. A big wind up there.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, Tom.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Well, he's along for the ride. Uh Luke and Charlotte, Hi Luke.
Speaker 11: Hi, guys, thanks for taking my call. I did kind of have maybe an opinion on the Pauli Jalen Milroe first round that I think he is the perfect candidate for the pro day and combine to trampoline him into maybe being picked two rounds before where he actually should be. Okay, maybe something to keep in mind.
Speaker 2: There all right now, once again I've said this before. This is after he had a big game. I don't I forget who they played, but I came in. I talked to an NFL scout said he is Lamar Jackson, and I think he might have said a better passing Lamar Jackson coming into the NFL. Coming into the NFL. Whether that's true or not, he might be equal running like that. That's when he does damage there. But is he going to be last pick in the first round something like that. That's that's the can we get him in the second round type thing? Or third round might be a Jalen Hurts type thing, But Paul has a bet that Jaln Milroe is not selected in the first round. Alvin in Oklahoma, Hi, Alvin, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Dan five? I've got a crazy I've got a crazy idea, Dan, And well, it wouldn't be the first time a crazy idea came across your desk. I am a mayor in Owasso, but I'm also a singer and I want to sing. A ten second snippet of the National anthem, and I want you and the dan nets to find me a national anthem gig. You got connections, Dan, come on, give me give me ten seconds.
Speaker 2: First of all, Alvin, you don't have a good phone line. I don't know what. It's not clear, it's a little I don't know, staticky, overmodulated something. But if you want to record it and send it in just so I get a true sense of how you sound, then, oh.
Speaker 12: Dan, oh man, Okay, Okay, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. Okay, Alvin, go ahead, give me give me ten seconds here, all right for the Land of the Free?
Speaker 11: And oh.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you? All can get you can give me a standing ovation.
Speaker 10: Oklahoma football next year? Come on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, Alvin, all right, let's make it happen.
Speaker 10: Dreams come true?
Speaker 2: All right, and we'll see what I can do.
Speaker 5: Why do I spend the last three years making dreams come true?
Speaker 2: Then? Oh? Okay, right, so that's the entire mission of the show is to make dreams come true? Mate?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Is that a bad way to do it? I thought I'd been doing that for years now, even more then, Todd, did I make dreams come true? For any dream come true? But I love scenes idea. Let's take it even to the next level. Thank you.
Speaker 10: I dreams coming true?
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even more dreams are You're more dreams? Are dreams are users? Or even more? Okay, let's take a break here. I don't know what we accomplished there, but we did phill up fifteen minutes, and we worked in Megan Markle there as well. She seemed obtainable. Yeah, Lee, there are some beautiful people on that football. Ryan is still low.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 10: I love that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just don't have, you know, any kind of conscience. You're like, I'm going in, you know, why not? Go ahead? Let why not? Because we all seen the guy with the woman, and you go, how did he get there? He just asked? He just asked me out.
Speaker 9: Yes, there's a lot of beautiful women, even super models, that have been on late night talk shows and stuff, and they say things like, no one ever approached me. I'm not dating anybody right now, and I guess I'm unapproachable and no one wants to ask me out, which is extremely hard to believe. But I guess we get that intimidated by someone that good looking, everyone's afraid to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I Uh. I don't know why they say that nobody asked me out? Does it seem like they're more relatable? Oh? Nobody, nobody invites her, nobody ask her around? Yes?
Speaker 10: Or oh I was the geek in high school? Also awkward?
Speaker 2: See I was like you can see the pictures and you're like, oh, dude, I look back and I go, what could somebody have been thinking to date with me? Sad? But I made up for the lack of looks with charm.
Speaker 10: Come on now, dreams do come true?
Speaker 2: Stake a ray glass, golf or phone calls. What we learned? Watch in store tomorrow After.
Speaker 1: This, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wap H.
Speaker 2: We're just gossiping here during the commercial break. So who was it that you were gonna go out with? Could have gone out with? And all of a sudden you drop some hints and you start telling people what about Oh she was in this movie, and it's like, okay, oh, just kids gossiping. That's what we're doing here, all right. Lolly Ringwald, Huh what about that? What are you doing? You said, okay, there was somebody. I there was somebody I can say. I thought I had a shot with Ali. Sheety all right. I did a movie with her and she seemed obtainable. Wow, But I thought like she had to she had to come to me. Just for clarity.
Speaker 5: You're saying obtainable because that was a quote that you're using from before. Yes, and it's really mused as a punchline here, not as dance direct words.
Speaker 2: Yes, back to you. Yes, I would never use somebody as obtainable. I just wouldn't. Hi, I think you're obtainable. It's just not going to work as an opening line and be like I, yes, far what made you want to go out with her? I thought she was obtainable, Yes, and.
Speaker 10: She did not have an interest in you. What happened there?
Speaker 2: M No, that's tough.
Speaker 4: Didn't work, you know, Tis.
Speaker 5: This is a segment about shooting a shot, and you did and you should be get back up there again.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Hey, he's resilient. You will try to make a joke, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: I always wonder how that works.
Speaker 3: It's not too often, but a non celebrity type dating a real, real famous person, I think like Julia Roberts. She married a gentleman who's a camera man on movies. Right, how does that start? And how does that guy prime Julia Roberts go? So you want to go get a beer.
Speaker 2: I've met some camera guys who end up dating the reporter. You're with them all the time. You're there to say, hey, here, hold on, let me let me fix that, let me fix your hair. Oh well you look Oh that's beautiful, you look beautiful. Oh that was a wonderful live shot. Like you're there constantly saying the nice things. That's a build up the confidence, and then all of a sudden, you're dating. Uh didn't you know? It didn't happen to me once again? That a guy who was my cameraman. So it wasn't like he was going, hey, you look hot and he's looking good. He might have said it under his breath. I don't know, you look hot? What?
Speaker 7: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 10: Nothing?
Speaker 8: What did you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's warm out here and you look hot?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what are we watching tonight? I got NBA, I got the NBA Cup coming up tonight. Headlines on what we're wanting watching tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're watching tonight for tomorrow segment Classic anything on tonight? I got my magic that are all banged up, Magic Bucks, Mavericks, thunder Tonight. Okay, kind of sparse here. We're almost a bowl season, Yeah, I know. Okay, this day and sports history, what do we have?
Speaker 3: It's got a couple for you. In nineteen nineteen, the National League voted the band spitballs by all new pitchers, so if you were already using them, you could use them for a few more years. Nineteen seventy two, the AL voted to adopt the designated hitter rule in a three year experiment.
Speaker 10: Then they kept it.
Speaker 3: The longest pass the longest non scoring pass in the end of a history nineteen seventy two. Anyone want to take a shot at the quarterback and wide receiver Jim Hart? That's correct, that's correct. If you get the other one, you get the rest of the day off. Mel No, But i'let me give you a second guest. The hint has two different names. He started with one name in the NFL and changed his name.
Speaker 2: Tony dor Sat is the only guy I know. Yes, Marvin at Bobby moder is correct. Give you a combo effort. Damn, where did Jim Hart come from Uh, let me see. Reggie Bush won the Heisman. UH. This player became the fourth player to be Heisman runner up in consecutive years. On this eight Andrew Luck.
Speaker 4: It was at to be there. I'm glad to have spent time in New York City.
Speaker 2: Robert Griffin Junior the third total gentleman luck Let me see the final award the UH two two thousand and two, This duo played for the first time in their careers. For the first and only time in their careers. Oh, these two players faced one another two thousand and two. Yes, Paul Empress Federer, No, Marvin.
Speaker 10: Michael Jordan Scotti, Pipper, I gotta go on the game show or something.
Speaker 2: Give me that the Blazers over the Wizards. Scotti had fourteen points. Uh, don't say with Michael ham w Man. We got sidetracked with shooting your shot. Ryan Rossillo, Come on, Ryan, come on, give him credit, Man, give him credit. Todd, would you learn today?
Speaker 9: Gronk was a big Bills fan growing up, wanted to play for them. He loved Eric mold and Takeio spikes.
Speaker 2: See what did you learn today?
Speaker 5: According to someone on Twitter, Todd told a sheety joke.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah, Marvin Gronk watches Hallmark movies.
Speaker 2: With his girlfriend. Uh, Paulie, would you.
Speaker 4: Learn attainable is not a compliment.
Speaker 2: It's not hi. I think you're obtainable. What we learned brought to you by Rapid Radios Instant push to talk walkie Talkie's offering national LTE coverage, clear connection the touch of a button. Great communication device for the kiddies. We use them on the show. Go to rapid radios dot com up to sixty percent off free shipping. Thanks for joining us. We'll try to do better tomorrow. For Todd Seaton, Marvin, Paulie, yours truly, we'll talk to you tomorrow