Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three oh three, episode one of Dally's Guys Today production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Have you heard it?
Speaker 3: You heard it?
Speaker 1: Youback? This is a podcast Miles in case you forgot where we take it, take a deep a dive into America's share consciousness. It is Wednesday, September sixth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you don't know what that is? Six Oh yeah, it's National Read a Book Day, National Coffee ice Cream Day.
Speaker 1: Kind of a light day for first that's it. Yeah, read a book and enjoy some coffee ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not do them?
Speaker 1: Hey, we appreciate the slow day. Yeah, national word of what day? Things are? Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka freeze up like my brain had a glitch. Freeze up like my brain had a glitch. Whoa, whoa must be this Seizing of the Midge. Yeah, that is courtesy of Hugo Boss the Little Season of the Witch, Seizing of the Mitch. Okay, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grant and Meaviglioso Toornato.
Speaker 2: Uh so good to be back. It's a Miles Great aka the Prince of Pulia, the man of Mono, the og of Ostuni, and the wonderful lover of Thank you so much for having me. It's just so good to be back in this place. I guess you called the United States.
Speaker 1: I was just.
Speaker 2: Spendulia, which is known as the heel of the Buddha Italy and between the Adriatic sea views and the fresh seafood. I must say it is a storied place that you simply must visit.
Speaker 4: How about them conical duns though, oh.
Speaker 2: You mean the truly those are the traditional farmhouses of the region which have these sort of yes, like you say, whitewashed conical domes that are just they're whimsical. Whimsy's the only word that can describe them.
Speaker 1: You can just assume, listener. I know you can't see, but you could just assume that at any point during this conversation, one of us will be kissing our hands, like doing a little chef's kiss thing, while the other one's talking yes in vigorous agreement.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, it's great to be back. Thank you to everybody who guest hosted. And like you heard in yesterday's weekend recap episode, I am recharged and I've experienced growth again. Shout out to Jack for putting my brain go outside your comfort zone consistently zone.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: But now every day though, I really think about that shit, like being like whether there's just a little light exercise, a little you know, chores I've been putting off doing them right away kind of thing. Just always being like, no, go against that, go against the sort of know your default comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Slapping her face in the mirror like a movie psycho. Yeah, it's just anything growing on. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the people who was sitting in our second seat, that very seat you sit on while you were away in Italy. A very talented writer and stand up comedian. Her advice on sex and travel has been featured everywhere mental strategist betches anywhere men need help fingering to quote the bio on her website, Yeah quotes the Great Ninety Day Fiance podcast four to twenty de Fiance with some guy named Miles. Welcome to the show, the hilarious, the talented Sophia Alexandra.
Speaker 4: Yoh, oh my goodness, I'm so glad I get the clowned with both of you. Because I was busy being Italian Miles while Italian Miles was being Italian Miles. It was confusing for everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it's always good to it's as wild to also be do this podcast with the Sofia because we have our own language of incoherent banter on fourty. Now we must make a coherent for the daily geist for the children. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well you can tell you guys have spent a lot of time talking to one another because Sofia absolutely nailed her prediction of what Italian Miles was going to be. Yes, when he came back, Yeah.
Speaker 2: As well, yeah you know, and as did you, Like, I think between the two of you, you knew it was going to be some form of intolerable guy version. Stanley Tucci on Fucking Like the Exponent.
Speaker 4: Of twenty I believe the first thing I said to Jack was, oh God, he's gonna be so unbearable. Comes back.
Speaker 3: And he's like, I know.
Speaker 4: And then right as I show up today, I'm like this fool fakaca and then just like talking about.
Speaker 1: Morning all morning, what can I say?
Speaker 4: You know you knew you knew Chef's kiss m He.
Speaker 1: Did bring a live mandolin player back from Italy with him. So anytime you hear mandolin music that's it's live, you can assume it's Captain Corelli's.
Speaker 2: When I when I was doing deep, when I was coming back in the country, trying to explain who the mandolin player was, I was like, this is my other son who was older than we'd like to just come home. We're just coming home.
Speaker 4: We're regular family. I'm like that politician and his boyfriend's son that he adopted.
Speaker 2: What yeah, yeah, or are you talking about Matt Gates?
Speaker 4: You know I am yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, very boyfriend's son.
Speaker 2: Somehow I became shadier than Matt Gates trying to smuggle an older mandolin player back into the United States. But it happens.
Speaker 1: This immigration form is really about found family, like many of my favorite films and TV shows. Anyways, all right, Sophia, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things. We're talking about. Cop City protesters just got hit with the rico in Georgia. So yeah, Georgia is it. It's just a dark story all the way through. Yeah, So we'll tell you about what's going on there some private equity firms who you'll be you'll be shocked to know private equity is involved in the building of a sixty million dollar police city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, truly a lease industrial complex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually sixty million coming from corporate donors, and I think the other thirty is coming from also Oh my bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely a lot we're gonna talk about. Uh, there's a lot of talk on the right about how Trump is going to be assassinated. Tucker Carlson keeps bringing it up. We will talk already Tuckers. Yeah, yeah, so he really wants that to happen. He's at the edge of the pool trying to psych himself up to jump in. But there's a long history of this, going back to I had kind of forgotten this the twenty sixteen campaign, where somebody raised a sign that was critical of Trump and somebody else in his crowd yelled gone, and then everyone was like, there was an attempt at assassination on Donald Trump. Those complete bullshit. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about the six degrees of Kevin Bacon being a mathematical fact. They did a study into the six degrees of separation that you know we're all pretty much on average six degrees separated from one another, and found that it's actually like true, almost invariably. So we'll talk about why that's true. We might even talk about Elon Musk claiming that the Anti Defamation League is the reason that he's bad at his job, all of that plenty more. But first, Sophia, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I have recently gone insane, and thank you so much. It's smith. I've been working so hard. It's really just it's just an honor to be nominated.
Speaker 2: And then right, yeah, Tuly on your first try.
Speaker 4: This is how you know I'm insane. Okay. I went from not caring or liking Taylor Swift at all to now joining a reddit called Gaylor, where I have seen multiple slideshow presentations that prove that Taylor Swift was gay with Carly Klass and others that proved that she was also gay with Diana Agron from Glee and also this other model from Britain named Lily. They are all just the same white woman. She's just fucking herself over and over again. It's just like kind of fascinating, and now like this is how you know I've gone insane, because if you look at that search history, you will probably think I am seventeen maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you're shipping shipping Taylor with all these models.
Speaker 4: I like, I don't care that. It's like I don't have a vested interest in the relationships, right, I care about it in the same way that if like you found out that, like I don't know, Obama and Biden were lovers, you were like, Okay, I need to know a little bit more about how the fuck this worked, Like how did you pull this off?
Speaker 2: When did they get together? I need to all of the questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, well how do you do that and have full time boyfriends? Like this is a lot of like like covering being gay, Like how how are you pulling it off? So anyway, just if you want to lose your goddamn mind, go down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: Are these slide shows like particularly compelling or they're just like look at all these images that if you have your confirmation bias set to galer, then yes.
Speaker 4: And yes, But also some of the stuff is like wow, that is very gay. I don't know that I should be out here trying to decide whether Taylor is gay or not. But the whole reddit is run by other gay people who are just obsessed with the idea that like, she's queer and her music is queer, and she's been telling us and showing us, and we're just like not getting it. So as a cultural study, it is the most fascinating thing. And to answer your slideshow question, some of them are like they're like a little thumbprint. They're like a very individual snapshot of a person's mind. It's like all confirmation bias obviously. Yeah, but you're also watching them in your pret song lyrics where you're like, oh, no, that just means any and you want it to mean. That is a very vague lyric like no, it refers to the one time that Carl bought a gold dress. It was this day, here's the receipt. The song that says jeans and Nikes. Carly was a Nike spokesperson in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: You understand how deep.
Speaker 4: These women go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. You You also have facts now that, like, you know these models like endorsement.
Speaker 4: Dudes, I shouldn't know any of this. That is what's so insane. I shouldn't know any of it. I shouldn't be thinking about it. It is like an addiction, like I think, assume what people feel like when they gamble, just like a rush. Yeah, it's like insane and it doesn't make any sense, but you're like, let's keep doing it. Yeah, anyway the game of their zubreddit do it.
Speaker 1: She kind of has to be everything to everyone right, right, and so like by keeping things that perfectly vague, yeah, it kind of creates this thing where she can like break all the box office records when right, she lets people go watch a concert that they can also watch in person.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I also just enjoy the fact that, like she's just if she is gay, she's only gay for exact copies of herself, which I think is a fascinating category. It's like, no, she's not clear, she's queer for Taylor, right, Like I just want to find mirror images of myself too. Fuck, that is so wild.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that Liberaci's thing? Like didn't he have a lover who he gave plastic surgery to look more like Liberacci? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yes that is true. Yeah you said that's so unequivocally Yes, that is true.
Speaker 4: Well, because yeah, I mean, people bring that up a lot as like a Liberaci thing there, like did you know because it's so weird.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, like I think it's an interesting exercise just for anyone with an imagination to try and make anything true about Taylor Swift, like using the same methodology. We're like you Actually, if you think about it, all of her lyrics are steeped in like black panther ideology.
Speaker 4: To god, there's someone right now making that slideshow, right right right, like foresure there's a Swift contingency that's like, you don't understand what being a black panther is until you listen to Red Taylor's version.
Speaker 2: It's like Red is actually an anthem for the Crip gang despite it being called red. And here in this thread, I will, I will.
Speaker 1: You've seen the theory that her dad is the Zodiac killer, right and then oh, she's trying to reveal that through her lyrics. I just made that up.
Speaker 4: But that is again probably being built right now. Right as you said it, people were like, this is true.
Speaker 1: What's what something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Okay, So say.
Speaker 1: For Catia from the boot from the heel of the boot of Italy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I think is bullshitka just generally all of it, but especially the kind that comes from How would you say the boot of that eat that specifically sucks balls?
Speaker 2: Nothing? You've said that because you know I and I get what you're trying to do. But unless you've actually roamed the old central historic core of body, how could you know? You know? And it sounds like you're just grasping I things, But go on, yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Stand by my statement. Okay, stand by that. I need a statement.
Speaker 1: Just sandwich that fucking sweats on my hands? Man?
Speaker 4: Also, why does it not have a proper crust? Why does it not have a proper crust?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you know what I'm gonna do this week. I'm gonna get you with me.
Speaker 4: You got no crust right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get bro. I'm gonna to go to Italy and get thrown out for being too I'm gonna go out. Sorry, did you bake this? And what were you thinking with this fukatcha you were making? Do you know what? Are you guys bound by a certain recipe or are you allowed to do make actual fokatcha? Just curious than you are.
Speaker 4: You bound by wait put it.
Speaker 2: Because because I'm I'm assuming they're a prisoner of food in that place in the jail we call.
Speaker 1: You can't think this is as good as body.
Speaker 4: What happens is they put all of the smuggled mandolin players and they can't leave.
Speaker 2: That's mouth.
Speaker 4: That's how fucked up.
Speaker 2: I will play mandolin at your next event. We escape.
Speaker 1: What what's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Okay, Actually it's kind of crazy that this bread thing came up, because legitimately before we ever started joking about Facaca, I think son Gok, the Persian bread is so fucking underrated, and no one ever gets it. People always think lavash, but no, son doc is what you want. And there's a place in Westwood because it's like a Persian area that fresh bakes theirs and you get it and it's still warm, and they put so many fucking sesame seeds on it, and the black and white kinds, both seeds, and it is so good, and you can cut it into pieces because it's like three feet long or whatever, and then you freeze those pieces if you want, then you just pop them in the toaster and you always have it and that bread I'm telling you, don't sleep on it. It is so good.
Speaker 2: Son gok, wow, how are we spellless? S A N G A K soun gok there is Wait when did you how did you intersect with that?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What happened with?
Speaker 4: The bakery's next door to where I work out, which is terrible idea for.
Speaker 2: Me right next door?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Cool, workout. Can I have three feet of bread?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: But that's what happens, and it smells so good.
Speaker 2: So I was like, just off the strength of like the smell coming out of there, You're like like a like a Looney Tunes cartoon. You're just like drawn in through the lifted off your feet.
Speaker 4: No, my trainer, the woman that runs the bakery, dropped it off for him. It's just like she does that because they're all friends. They're all friends in the little strip and he was like, have some and I tried someone. I was like, oh my god, You're like I'm in.
Speaker 2: The middle of a super set right now. Really, it's like, yeah, yeah, just have a couple of bites and then we'll go back to your core work.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm like, just uh, just can I jog towards the bread real quick. It's so fucking good, all right, Like.
Speaker 1: At a time they it's I would hazard that they know exactly what they're doing right like that, at a time when somebody is like burning up a bunch of calories and carbs that they're coming by to hand deliver yards of delicious bread, that's uh.
Speaker 2: Them actually, And also like the moral licensing that happens, like with your eating habits. When you're working out, you can be like, I just worked out, so you know what I can eat seven hundred x ys or zas exactly. I get the logic. So credit to them for their four dimensional thinking and marketing.
Speaker 1: Mmm. I love an x wiser Elon Musk's new beer.
Speaker 4: Called something real simple like bread. I don't know, sorry, I'm not hopeful. I'm just gonna like shout out this place. Then I'm like, I think it's called something so simple that googling it will do nothing.
Speaker 2: Right, right bread bakery?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really yeah, Google bread and it's like, no, that's not gonna work about sofia. Oh oh, I know Google, which is where I work out there.
Speaker 2: Exactly if you want to catch her, that's where she'll be.
Speaker 4: Oh, my god. Yeah, please, are you.
Speaker 1: Sure you are? Let's let's we're deleting all. Yeah, they can just do their own searches.
Speaker 4: Just it's a beautiful mystery for you to.
Speaker 2: Let your nose take you, let your nose take.
Speaker 1: Just follow your nose as it lifts you off your feet and pulls you into traffic. Did that ever happen in one of the cartoons where somebody smells smelling pie and then is immediately hit and killed by a truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do the thing where they think like they do like them, I'm trying to portray what the cartoon walk looks like when the cartoon character is like mesmerized and they're like, you're just like marching forward like in a way where they're not noticing anything, and I think it's like they end up being like dodging cars or cars dodging.
Speaker 2: That yeah, Frogger style, just narrowly missing death, although I love every time they died immediately you're a harp angel who just goes out of your body.
Speaker 4: Just conditioned to believe follows that pie.
Speaker 1: I have to that would be your first move. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a good cartoon and it knows fucking the power of three. Yeah, that goes will also be murdered, and a tinier goes playing a mandolin. See, and there we go. Now we just tied it together. That's a harald.
Speaker 1: You've just witnessed. You've just experienced a harold.
Speaker 4: Folks, you've been haralded, bitch.
Speaker 1: Been harolded, unheralded, harold like angels. Anyways, we're gonna move on. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back, and we're back and uh, we won't be playing the drake drop for this.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Sixty one protesters have been indicted for violating Georgia's Rico Act for protesting the building of a mass military installation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh huh a lot clear where the bad guys are, right, Yeah, oh of course the protesters, yes.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: How dare you?
Speaker 2: They're getting hit with charges like domestic terror for like trying to disable like machines or like you know, they're like they were throwing molotov cocktails and all this other stuff. Money laundering because they were setting up bail funds. They're trying to like they're going after these people in the most fucked up way. The charges are being pursued by the state's Attorney General. You know Republican Chris Carr, And yeah, this is like a some multifaceted movement of people that realize that building these police training facilities are just merely a terrible escalation of the militarized like police state that we're experiencing across the country, and you know, antithetical to lowering instances of police brutality. When you're like, here's like an here's a whole place where you can train on how to suppress people's you know, democratic rights and things like that, it's like.
Speaker 1: The police Brutality Training Complex.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because they want it. They want to be like, we want them to have the feeling of what it's like to like, you know, kettle people in city streets or neighborhoods so they can do it more efficiently to like round up people. And you know, the Attorney General and governor have been just steadily screaming about how like this this whole thing is actually the work of like it's like an organized criminals. This is a criminal organization and enterprise to sort of create this rico narrative to go after protesters. And if you want to really understand how cynical and racist this shit is if you just look at the date listed on the indictments for like they like they're putting May twenty fifth, twenty twenty as sort of like the beginning of like this shit going down, which is the day George Floyd was murdered. Okay, wow, So they want to conflate this event with all of the scary BLM protests to say, like, you see what's going on, folks, it's just this like large movement to so discord and chaos when all we're trying to do is make people safe. One of the days in Atlanta, Sherry Boston said that her office would withdraw withdraw from criminal cases involving the cop involving Cop City. But it's this is some scary shit. I mean, like these are people exercising their First Amendment rights and the state and city of Atlanta have just made the whole this like into a campaign of like democratic suppression. You know, like there's officials they blocked a referendum on Cop City. They ignored all the pleas from the public, all the public comment. You're like, we do not want this, or other people in like Dacab County who are like this is near where I live. This is I do not want this. I do not want to see the forest raised so you can create this fucked up training facility. Then there were people who were like, like local election board members were removed for opposing Cop City, and now we're charging protesters with domestic terrorism under the Rico Act. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, I was gonna say that you should have so much shame that you're using the fucking Rico Act, which was used to bring down copone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right on these people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like just the fact, like how do you even put that in your mind together as even remotely in the same camp. Well, it's just so fucking yeah. I mean I always am shook and like speechless because like I expect people at some point to have shame, and then I'm like, no, but they don't like what am I talking about? They're heartless and yeah, driven completely by money and power. So why am I so shocked? But it's like every fucking time, you know.
Speaker 2: And to try and again scare people from wanting to put checks and balances, you know, on our system, especially as it relates to law enforcement. It's like, oh, you want to protest this, watch us go scorched earth on your ass. Meanwhile, we're like, yeah, these people who like storm the you know, like we have like people capital protesters where you see judge and be like, well, you know, I kind of want to go softer am I sentencing here or there where you have a very focused AG's office in Georgia being like yeah, you know, so what let's go, let's go rego on them and try and make an example of these people.
Speaker 4: Also, sorry, I was just gonna say I was legally arrested for protesting in college, and yeah, illegally arrested for protesting in college. And I was part of a class action lawsuit against the Metropolitan Police Department in DC and we won, and like it was one of the most kind of fucked up in traumatic things being detained the way I was. I also wasn't a citizen yet. I was just a resident alien and like they you know, took all of my paperwork, my resident alien card, all my shit, Like when the cops betonted off of me, I just never got it back. But the amount of time and like effort and everything it takes to even go through a thing where you would then sue, like we ended up changing the law, but the number of years that it takes, like and the way that they treated us. You know, I was zip tied right hand to left foot for like over twelve hours, you know, the way they fucking like treated us in jail whatever. It just it was super fucked up. But the fact that they did that Friday morning, really early before an entire weekend of protests, that's pretty much the same tactic here. It's like they try to go hard early to discourage protesting, you know what I'm saying, Like in the future, and it's the same tactics that Bush used because it was they were training in riot year cops for months before this, Like it was all they had buses numbered ready to go because they were like, we're taking hundreds of people off the street. So then for the rest of the weekend there's no protests.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's like it just like it makes me so fucking pissed because these people are gonna get fucked on a much much larger scale. What I'm talking about is child's play. And it's still was hard to get any sort of justice or change the law or have anything be different. And I feel like the number one thing they tell you when you protest, right, They're like, hey, you know, you guys are thugs. You don't use the system correctly, Like why don't you use the lawful system?
Speaker 2: And that is what I did in this instance too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like, okay, well I'll tell you I did the actual lawsuit and the lawful thing, and it is that is not you think that that's justice or that that's really what people should be doing, or that that fixes anything. Like obviously, if you are thinking that there's the right and wrong way to protest, you also are going to think that there is never the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people went to those city council meetings, they gathered signatures, they did every they tried it every single way. But again, when you have municipality and this bureaucracy, that's just intent, like just so intent on making this installation happen no matter what, you get these kinds of fucked up measures. And yeah, I'd hate to bring up private equity.
Speaker 5: No, don't do it, but it can't have true of the biggest corporate backers of cop City are Rourke Capital, which is a private equity firm that owns Inspire brands, you know, Duncan, RBS, Baskin, Robbins, Buffalo Wild, wings, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Their CEO sits on the board of trustees for the Atlanta Police Foundation, and they're raising sixty million dollars from corporate donors to build this place. Like, so there's one part of it. The other is Silver Lake Management, which sounds like a cool maybe talent agency that represents bands from the East side of the But no, no, no.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a like a like a land lording agency, right, like you rit your apartment from in.
Speaker 2: Silver Lake, right exactly. Silver Lake Management they actually are tech focused private equity firm and they have a huge steak in Motorola Solutions aka the company that designed the surveillance system to make Atlanta the most surveiled city in the United States. And they also develop really cool tools for use in prisons, the US Mexico border, and surprise, surprise, the West Bank. Because we talk about there's this conversation of using these sort of like crowd control technologies. They start off they use them like abroad, and the West Bank fine tune them, and then we end up seeing them boomerang onto our own shores, used against our people who are exercising their First Amendment rights. So yeah, it's wild to think that the ratio of cameras to people in Atlanta, it's forty almost forty nine cameras per thousand people in Atlanta. That's the highest. It's more than DC, it's more than New York City. And you're like, huh huh.
Speaker 1: It also feels like we're seeing like a FUCOS boomerang on like the legal president of Like, Okay, we cheered when they used this against Trump, and then they're like, okay, so you're good, but watch this then, and then watch this. We're going to use it against your ability to protest against a fucking military installation.
Speaker 4: It's just amazing. These are the people that are like, I'm sorry, the Second Amendment is everything. I'm like, okay, well what about that other amendment? Yeah, you know, no one that protects the right to protest, which you should be into because you're so into the law of the land right now. No, that amendment, I guess is bullshit. The first Amendment. We just don't look at that one. That one's just like what epps Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean then you look at like even protesters that were killed by the police over the court like it's this is it's it's it's mind blowing. And yeah, now again it's like the Republican Attorney General is like, yeah, watch this, I'll use the same grain jury that got those charges for Trump and we'll use it for this now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think there's a really valid point, Sophia, the like they're you, as we see more fear from the wealthy, as we see the billionaire owner of Cardier lose more sleep over the idea that like, eventually the people are going to be pissed that we're billionaires, right, like Youah, the more we see that, the more we're going to see things like this where they're trying to make an example of people protesting. Yeah, I think it's imperative that we keep attention on these people and like, you know, understand that these are people who are working on our behalf, even though I think the mainstream media narrative is not always going to be very favorable to the to the protesters right.
Speaker 2: Now, and hardly would you hear a thing where it's like, wow, they're they're really I mean again, everything is always tinged with slightly pro cop bias, right, so they just want to make it look like it's a bunch of like hippies who want to save the trees in the forest when a lot of people like this is again, we're ramping up our mill terrized police state in a time when all they've proven, all we've seen from our law enforcement system is that it doesn't work, doesn't work, it doesn't prevent crime. All it does is pile up more victims of police brutality. But yeah, these are the stakes right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I think also these strategies, you know, always repeat. It's like every single time protesting happens, the way that they try to quell it is always tactics that they've used before. And I think one of those things is, like that's great about the internet is if you go and protest. I just want to make that clear to everybody that like, you absolutely should if you can, but you should absolutely know going out what you should do and not do. Have the you know, National Lawyer's Guild number on you, like all of the stuff that you absolutely need to know you can look up. And it's just I think really really important because like a privilege fucking white and I was still like an immigrant, which again scared me because you know, they charged me, they try to charge me with rioting because we asked for food and writing is a felony and if that happened, I would have been super fucked And like again, privileged white woman still was really fucked up experience. And you just need to know what you're going in and you need to have friends on the outside when you're protesting, so that you know they know what the deal is. You have a plan, just like, be careful when you do it. That's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because they ain't playing fair out here.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they're not all right. If you guys heard the game six Degrees with Kevin began.
Speaker 2: Sick pivot, Oh yeah, have you seen this? You guys heard about this?
Speaker 3: You see this?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait, just got our guest last last time when Sofia was almost like the thing the thing that is underrated about your podcast is the hurdling changes of peace. Oh yeah, we got to hit them all. This guys comes at you quick it does you know? Does your newsfeed stop to coddle you and think about your feelings?
Speaker 2: Don't you get a mixture of Apple alerts that are like bummer news? And also it's like highly Jenner and Timothy Shallow may.
Speaker 1: More the Timothy shallow May relationship updates than I am.
Speaker 4: I mean I just go on the internet. I'm like, wowious joke about bussy and then underneath that, like we have created another monster voltron of cops. I'm like, that's live and.
Speaker 1: Then iron is it good for your city?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, your sexy dark voice is gone.
Speaker 1: I know, my sexy boy smiles. I had the deepest voice that I've ever had when you were gone, when you were sick. Yeah, gave me like crazy deep voice.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean not that cool.
Speaker 2: It was still like me. But people or like what's that what's the opposite of helium? That that gas? Or like you can like yeah, before the super loose that's yeah how I felt.
Speaker 4: Especially but everybody loved it. People were csmerized. You could tell a that was we're falling for him the fluoride.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: They victor like justin everybody falling over it. All.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's a new study from six different nations. This is just this is like one of those studies where it's like, Wow, you did everything so well to like just put this into a press release, and I'm not mad at it. You did did a good job. Fine, you've gotten my attention. But basically the whole thing they're like, the thing about six degrees of ken bacon also happens in real life where there's like six degrees of separation, And they kind of looked at the math of how humans form our friend groups and basically we are constantly evaluating. It's very very much sounds like, you know, a scientist who has not spent a lot of time around other humans, like observing humans because they're like human is constantly evaluating the cost benefit of keeping the old relationship alive or making a new friend.
Speaker 4: And he did the study because he wanted a.
Speaker 1: Friend totally, why do we do anything right? And I probably read it because of that. But the study like spends a lot of time basically explaining why people have and they're just very confused about that.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty sweet of that article, I know, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I kind of love it, But interesting details. The Nash equilibrium, like the point at which people have no further incentive to go incentive to go outward with their friend making or inward with their friend pruning, usually lands at a place that averages out to six degrees of separation from like everyone else on the planet, which is wild, but that that's the I mean, it makes sense. Like I assumed it was going to be something about like network dynamics and like how you know, over over time, you're like sort of compounding the number of like just you know, three degrees of separation away. You've like compounded the number of people that everyone knows. But it's also about how like the sizes of those groups that each person is connected to well different, you know, work out to an average of about an average of about six huh.
Speaker 4: How so, but that wouldn't have been true pre Internet.
Speaker 1: I think it has been true. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like I think it's pre Internet, right that yeah, ye existed, So like.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just mean, oh, I just mean, do you really? I guess I was thinking, like it's easy for me to think of being six degrees away from anyone on the planet, like with the Internet, and like also just like oh, you have a friend that lives in this country and blah blah blah blah blah. Right, but I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Track, yeah, yeah, right, right, right, So I didn't know the origin of the experiment or of the idea of six degrees. It's actually Milgram, you know, the guy who like gets the experiment. Yeah, it's the famous shocks experiment where people come into a lab and it was based on like the trials of Nazi prison camp guards at the Hug and how they were like, we were just following orders, and so he did this experiment show that people will continuously shock people whether or not. So basically the people weren't actually being shocked, but a person a white lab coat is like, keep keep administrating.
Speaker 4: Basically he wouldn't see the person the person who was administering the shocks quote unquote, would hear someone's sounds of pain, yeah, but that person was acting, but the person who was shocking them didn't know they were acting, right. So then what later churned out in addition to the result of like, oh yeah, people will straight up just follow orders because a guy I know lab coat was like keep shocking. But the other thing that came out of it is a lot of ethics stuff for how you run studies, because the people that were fake shocking, once they found out it was fake, they were like super fucking traumatized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not really.
Speaker 4: My life knowing that essentially you used me to prove that I could be a Nazi.
Speaker 1: A Nazi, go lay down, you know what.
Speaker 2: I just fallen orders, man, you just fallen orders.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And there are other things about the design of that experiment and like how so like some people might have really known that they were acting and who knows. But the other big experiment he did that I was not as familiar with was they basically tried to connect two people in as few steps as possible, just by like sending out this brown paper package and being like, Hey, we're trying to get this to a divinity student in Boston. You are a farmer in Iowa that we've randomly selected from the entire population of the US, like go. And what they found they were like, oh, well, I know this episcopalian like in my town. The episcopalian was like, I actually know somebody who I met at an Episcopalian conference who's from Boston. And they got this package to this randomly selected divinity student and like a matter of six degrees and they they found that to be kind of consistently the case when they ran this experiment. And the thing that I hadn't fully appreciated is like they also asked people before this experiment, like what would you think the results would be?
Speaker 2: And like that how many steps would it take?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How many steps? And that that is like you know, I've known the six degrees of separation. I've known that phrase. Yeah, I've known that that that is a Will Smith movie since I was, you know, properly storing memory. So I don't know what my guess would be. But the guess has ranged from like one hundred to one thousand two, people being like you'll never connect them, like it'll just like why would you ever be able to connect to random people? Like the world is so big and some massive.
Speaker 4: Twelve for some reason, really like ten or twelve. I think, what would you have guessed?
Speaker 1: I think I would have guessed a few words. One hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if no one had said anything about six degrees of whatever ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would probably think one hundred. Feels like I could do it within a hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels like a sake that it is. It is a little mind blowing. You're like, will probably take less than ten You're like, really, yeah, it seems Yeah.
Speaker 4: The fact that it's single digits, I think, like totally.
Speaker 1: Fucks me up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly fucks.
Speaker 1: Me up the way my voice fucked up everybody last week sucked up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Miles, you better listen to that episode if you respect your list.
Speaker 2: And I get all self conscious and that come on tomorrows episode, Like, so we'll sell.
Speaker 4: Be able to record anymore because you're just blushing so hard the entire time.
Speaker 2: Just talking to me with that voice. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean, like, stop putting yourself on camera because people can't handle it. Just can't. You can't be on.
Speaker 2: Zoom it's hard, like, so now they can. So how you can apply this now to all kinds of sort of like network mapping, right, if you kind of know this to be sort of it averages out to around six no matter what helps like with all kinds of like I guess you know how we look at pandemics or other network dynamic or network dynamic dependent phenomena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's six infection cycles and the whole world has. The fucking thing is like kind of the dark side of this finding is you know, it spreads quick right, And I think this is true of also like social contagion, like the how quickly ideas spread, you know, because that's the thing that spreads over over social media like faster than it ever has and so I think we're less stable, like across wide geographic margins than we ever have been, Like we're more socift two ideas that come in and sweep through and change things. And it's definitely like a power a powerful study because they yeah, they specifically say, when we did the math, we discovered an amazing result. This process always ends with social paths centered around the number six. Each individual acts independently without knowing the network as a whole, yet this self driven game shapes the structure of the entire network, leading to the small world phenomenon and the recurring pattern of six degrees.
Speaker 4: That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, the small world. It is funny that like when we went to a museum in like London, we ran into somebody who her magics you didn't even know, but came to find out they were at the same college at the same time, randomly like helping a stranger up the steps with a baby stroller and we had one too, and then started talking and then it just like, oh, yeah, my husband went there. And then it's like, what the fuck, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't even a thing where you were like wearing the same sweatshirt and like noticed each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, not at all. Just you just have groups of parents college had on waving upon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does this guy think he is before run into the same people when I'm visiting a place like a different like during my vacation or whatever, like at a lot of different places and not like tourist attractions. You know what I'm saying. It happened to you ever, that happened to me this weekend.
Speaker 1: The Huntington Park or the Huntington Library, whatever the fuck that thing is. Yeah, it's not in gardens, but it's an amazing huge garden. And like we arrived with like three different groups of people like just in line at the same time, and like kept seeing them. We were just like on the same we would like circulate going like all these weird different directions and like kept seeing those same people.
Speaker 4: And it's a big ass park, so many different ways to go. It's like not or when I rented my place in Paris, I knew one person there and he was like, oh, what's your address? And I gave it to him and he started laughing. And he's my friend.
Speaker 2: He's half a block.
Speaker 4: His place was half a block away. Oh wow, really I knew one person in all of Paris and ended up renting an Airbnb. Huge.
Speaker 1: It's like ten twelve blocks. It's so big. Find no Paris like it's you got the Eiffel Tower. You got a couple streets on the left side of the Eiffel Tower, the right.
Speaker 4: Done, there's the river. We're done.
Speaker 2: Got the sports, the champs. Sports at least got it all.
Speaker 1: See. So he comes back, so culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, champs head, me too, the camps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. All right, Well, let's take another quick break and we'll come back and talk about Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And there just seems to be this thing happening on the right where they really think Trump's going to be assassinated. Feels like there might be like some wishful like you know, Tuger Carlson, I think has been like horny for a civil war for a long time, and I feel like he senses that maybe this is his best shot at it. And so he took a few minutes away from his busy schedule filming angry Twitter videos in a sadness shack in the woods to appear on the Adam Carolla podcast. Okay, you know, just just really love cutting it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to see Corolla still like a round somehow like be worse than when he like invented The Man Show, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The fork in the road of The Man Show with Kimmel and Corolla.
Speaker 4: Is what I keep thinking. It's like, uh, you know, it's like one of them like turned.
Speaker 2: Or on, or one was always there the whole time. You know, like it's yeah, like this is what it turns into. Because also, like you think of love line too, because even Doctor Drew is also you know, he's he's on that he's on that sort of right path too.
Speaker 1: But we've got a lot of videos of doctor Drew doing curls and talking to me being like, hey, guys, Drew like doing like curls, like telling me about like all the things I need to know about his fucking bodybuilding formula.
Speaker 4: All I keep thinking is how we listen to so much Loveline growing up, and we were like, this is the ship right now, and all of it was just Doctor Drew telling women with high voices that they were molested, right, and we were like, this is sick. You're like I'm gonna listen to it again tomorrow night. Why we were so fucked up? We're so damaged?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, And I think to your point about how you like you have to write articles about proper digital stimulation of the genitals, you know, and like you get like the worst sex advice from Adam Carolla when you're thirteen. I was just like, I just remember too, because like I had a radio that if the speakers were on, my mom would be like I thought, I thought you, I told you to go to sleep. So I had to like it.
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 2: I had to get a headphone jack that will go long enough that I could kind of be in my bed so if my mom checked, I could like fucking throw the headphones off and it wouldn't look like I was listening to love Line, and I was just mainlining the most regressive shit ever, and then coming away with being like I'm a man of the twenty first century, thank you, Yes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm a feminist. Let's put on another episode of fucking love Line. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: But so he had he had Tuger Carlson on because that's where he's at right these days, Corolla. And when I asked about Trump's future, Carlson said that he was speeding towards assassination. Obviously, if you begin with criticism, then you go to protest, then you go to impeachment. Now you go to indictments and none of them work. What's next? Graph it out? Man, We're speeding toward assassination. Obviously.
Speaker 4: That's a good Tucker Carlson. The graph it out especially, great job in the bow tie too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I did put on my bow tie and put just as quick style.
Speaker 4: But style.
Speaker 1: He does have swoopy beings.
Speaker 4: He sure does. I went to g W where they filmed Crossfire, Yeah, and I protested during it and got kicked out the banner against the war and uh in a rock and they were like, yeah, I get the fuck out forever.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of dudes from Virginia that look exactly like Tucker Carlson. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But they're walking around georgetowns Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Especially twelve. It's fucked up.
Speaker 2: It is wild. Hey, he's still managing it.
Speaker 4: It's like the cover of Mad magazine. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Alfredy Newman? But like the fast version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he he actually brought this up in his interview with Trump in August, he was like, so, were you afraid someone's gonna like what it's coming for you? And Trump was just like, yeah, you know, moving along.
Speaker 4: It sounds like he's manifesting it, does doesn't It sounds like Tucker's like manifesting Trump getting assassinated or just psyching himself up to do it, because it is incredibly weird to be the only person talking about it. It's like if you like, go out on a date with a guy and he's like, don't worry, I'm not going to murder you, and you're like, hold on what I didn't think that? But why would you bring that up like that? They're like, no, no, you're not. Just want to make it clear I will not murder you.
Speaker 2: But follow up question, are you worried that you could get ordered leg anytime soon? Just putting that out there, not to the universe, was just like, I'm positing that question anyway.
Speaker 4: I want to order your drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me order it for you. Actually, you can go to the bathroom. All'll order it. He now that he's saying this like everyone's that Like. Dan Bongino picked it up, Alex Jones picked it up although Alex Jones has obviously been saying something similar for a while now. Back in June, Alex Jones claimed that Trump would soon be assassinated by the deep state establishment. Also back in twenty seventeen, Jones was claiming that there was a plot to assassinate Trump. Information he obtained thanks to a friendly call from a Secret Service agent. So that's pretty heavily sourced information about Like that's kind of their main thing, the Secret Services.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, if you believe that. I think it was just Trump the way he pretended to be his own like PR guy and all of these other people. He was like, let me really quickly become a secret.
Speaker 2: Hello, I am agent, uh secret of the Secret Service.
Speaker 4: Rum.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, I'm a Secret Service agent. Okay, a Secret Service agent. What's your first name?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let Homer Simpson on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, believe you have a package for me.
Speaker 1: But they actually hyped a fake assassination plot during the twenty sixteen election which I only vaguely remembered, But it was during a rally and reno and he was rushed off stage by Secret Service after someone shouted gun and a suspect was apprehended and then he took to the stage again and finished a speech proclaiming we will never be stopped, which seems like he's like it's kind of like his posture now right that he's like his never surrender like coffee mugs with his mug shot of him surrendering or going like hot cakes, I have to imagine and by the way.
Speaker 4: To assume that he has the health to like survive.
Speaker 1: Well that's the point. That's where like his own body, he's fucking seventy seven and like overweight and eats like shit, and now he's like his weight a yo yoing because I think he's on ozempic like, which is can't be healthy for him. Like this is like there's so.
Speaker 4: Many man that literally doesn't believe in exercise because he thinks you're the muscles more it uses them up.
Speaker 1: You only have so many heartbeats, so what I'm gonna speed up my heartbeat and get it to do too many beats? And then that.
Speaker 2: Movie, Yeah it ain't happening with was that Jessica justin Timberlake about like that one like weird sci fi movie or like you have to keep buying time for your body to live and shit, Yeah, he's probably on that sort of like logic path.
Speaker 1: But just in time is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That I think that's what?
Speaker 1: Also what just in time? Justin Timberlake, I don't think I think it's called like in time or yeah, out of time.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a missed opportunity for just in time.
Speaker 1: They really should have done just in time.
Speaker 4: If he hasn't released that album yet.
Speaker 2: In time in time.
Speaker 1: They definitely had it as just in Time for a while and got cold feet at the end because just.
Speaker 2: In Time ber Lake kind of a wonky title, But we're going for it just.
Speaker 1: In time Colin Berlake.
Speaker 2: But you get like I get why. Also you need the sort of you have to raise the specter of some some ghoulish act happening against your dear leader, because what they need to do is activate people's sort of instinct. I want to protect Trump at every cost. So if this is more of a threat, then that makes everything people a little bit more invested in being like, we have to protect Trump from every dimension existential threat that exists, whether it's the legal system or some rogue bard who just wants to go off, you know, and do something terrible to him.
Speaker 4: Right, Also, these people make a living off of sensationalism, like at Alex Jones and them, like you know, of course they run with any piece of anything sensational, So like the Trump assassination thing had to be said like one time and then that's it. Like now they have a new narrative to like play with because they're like, oh, finally we really needed, like, you know, an event for this week's like insane you know show podcast, whatever it is that the right wing person's doing, you know. And it's also like all such a soap opera that like eventually you run out of storylines, right yeah, So it's like you're watching you know, whatever Days of our Lives on its like one hundredth seasons. So you're like, I guess now we have to do the assassination.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hy you know body, We've already done body doubles like nine times, so I guess we could do the coma and he comes out a different person and then we debate whether he's the same person that went into the coma.
Speaker 1: Then that would be the third time this year that we did that plot. But just saying I'm not saying it's the reason not to do it. I'm just saying we've done it three times.
Speaker 2: I think we're already doing it with like yeah, McConnell and stuff too. Or it's like, you know, who knows if that's the same guy from a few months ago who his batteries keep running out on stage.
Speaker 4: It's like, weird, he did all of the things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like aliens are next, folks, they're next.
Speaker 4: Maybe I got one. Is he pregnant? Should we do that next?
Speaker 2: He's pregnant next. Yes, And that's why he's gonna come around on reproductive rights because he himself is now pregnant and understands what is going on.
Speaker 4: With say, okay, we've never done anything like this. It could be really cool and transgressive. I think we could get a daytime emmy. Yeah, that's me being a terrible writer. That's a scab during the writer's strike, just coming through, uh suggesting whatever the orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have we tried this? I mean, this is a pilot I was working on, but we may be able to adapt it for Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe we can cut out some of this dialogue from this other script.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump Junior back then suggested that the guy was hired by the DNC, and it turns out the guy was not an assassin. He was holding up a sign that said Republicans against Trump because he was a Republican, and somebody shouted gun.
Speaker 4: But super funny, the call was coming from inside the house. They're like, oh no, what do we do? It says Republican. We like that? Ohream gun Trump? Oh shit.
Speaker 1: Also circuit right, So that one, even though there was absolutely no truth to it, was just a Republican holding up a sign that they somehow thought was a gun. Because Trump's people kept claiming that he had survived an assassination attempt. The following Trump rally, the guy introducing him flat out said there was an attempt of murder against Trump in Nevada. But then when someone actually tried to kill Trump the same year, nobody made a big deal about it, even though the guy was an illegal immigrant. And the reason for that is because it was a twenty one year or a twenty year old white kid from England with mental health issues, and so it didn't fit his campaign narrative.
Speaker 2: So it was just can we say, can we say he was in MS thirteen?
Speaker 1: If we know, I don't think anyone's gonna buy it. Also, he just tried to grab the gun of a cop nearby to.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, what color was the cop?
Speaker 1: Maybe we can work with something here, Maybe the cop.
Speaker 2: The cop was in MS thirteen working in cahoots with this illegal immigrant who was meant to bleach his skinned fit in.
Speaker 4: See that's a plot line. You know what I'm saying, Like, that's.
Speaker 1: Is how you write daytime television.
Speaker 2: We won We want TV.
Speaker 1: Well, Sophia, such a pleasure having you as always on the podcast. Guys, where do people find you? Follow you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 4: You should definitely listen to my podcast with Miles about ninety day fiance called four to twenty Day Fiance. It's so fun. It's a lot of bits. The bits are pretty.
Speaker 2: They're troubling.
Speaker 4: The bits that there's too many, they're amazing bits. You will you will be on so many inside jokes. You will feel like you are so in high school, but like in the cool group, you know.
Speaker 2: The cool group of the kids.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm saying. I'm like, why would I even say that all of that back, It's just a fun podcast.
Speaker 1: And we're making fun of nerds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I'm like, what am I saying? I read all of the Robert Jordan books twice. What am I saying right now? You're the nerds just the coolest right here? Uh yeah, anyway, listen to that podcast and uh also you can listen to my stand up album Father's Day wherever you want. And I'm at the Sophia so f I y A there you everything.
Speaker 1: Is there a workimedia that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Yes? There is? I love this tweet bye at Dear Lucy. And it's a photo she says, saw this yesterday and it's a haunted picture of a child, which I think is delightful. And on it is a note that says she's back three exclamation points, sold twice and returned twice. Are you brave enough? Or three question marks?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And they're charging twenty bucks for it?
Speaker 1: DZ. Do we know where this is? Is it? At like a second, I think.
Speaker 4: It's I think it's somewhere in England?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: So yes, I don't know. Holy shit, I'm obsessed with it. That's kind of my favorite thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Amazing miles. Where can people find you? Is there a work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, find me on Twitter, Instagram at symbol based places at Miles of Gray. Obviously you heard about four to twenty Day Fiance. You know about Miles and Jack got Mad boosties. And also, if you like, you know the true crime show that doesn't involve people getting murdered needlessly or horribly tortured, check out The Good Thief where I talk about Vasili's palocostis the Greek robin Hood, which is really, really, really good, I must say, tweet I like it's from Caitlyn Jeffers at jeff Er not tweeted, and just like that, It's nine to eleven season.
Speaker 4: Get the pumpkins out, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Get them out.
Speaker 1: Eleven pumpkin spice. Oh yeah, a mere week away. Let's see some tweets I've been enjoying, guys. Tony P. T Bone seventy two nineteen tweeted, every time I turn around in someone's driveway, I feel like an angry mob will come running out of the house carrying torches and pitchforks.
Speaker 2: That is just very so real.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And at Mike Mitch nh I'm assuming that is a Mike Mitchell from New Hampshire tweeted, if you want to know how the week is going, I just took a pillowcase out of the dryer, put it over my head thinking it was a T shirt to wear it a bed, spent fifteen seconds inside it, searching for the neck hole, and then mumbled, what is this pants? I've never identified more? I've never identified more. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrien. You can find us on Twitter at dailies Geist. Read the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeike GUIs dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song besides just stray mandolin music that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, actually, Holly, pull up their bio.
Speaker 4: You'll be like, have you heard of a little known Italian band under your brothers? And then he just whips out this this crazy mandolin solo. We're like, oh my god, no, we haven't rip.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is this song though under.
Speaker 4: No no no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Italian Italian? Is that the one that goes time to say goodbye? Or is had an anga song.
Speaker 2: No you're talking about Mai anyway that plays.
Speaker 4: We really need a deep voice, Jack for this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck, we're gonna go out on this track. It's called Duana w A n A by Nor n O. You are. I don't know what language this is because Jack, I don't know if you mean. I know you were talking about it in our document about like language is like foreign language songs and how noible songs are.
Speaker 1: I was talking about how like I memorize lyrics that I have completely wrong in my head, and how like just the feeling of the voice, like sometimes I prefer having like not knowing what is being said. And I've been listening to a lot of Spanish language music lately with that mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, yeah, this is Nor. She's actually from Egypt, and you know it's like a mix of like English and Arab lyrics, but like the it's just I don't know, man, I'm just loving all music coming across out from all over the world because it's it's just so damn good and we're probably only six degrees of separation Nor you and I, so I invite you to come on. But anyway, this is Nor with Wanna really dope really dope track.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeitgeis is a production of iHeart Radio from our podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple podcast where your you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending. Oh yeah, talk to y'all. Boy bye,