Speaker 1: Welcome back to a numbers game with Ryan ger Duski. Thank you guys for being here. Will Texas go blue in twenty twenty six? That's the question I'm asking today in today's episode. But before we talk about that, I need to talk a little bit about race and identity on the American left.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know we're a country that seems to never stop talking about race and identity. It's more of a lecture than a conversation. That's the best thing. The media always says, So let's have a conversation, and then they do a one sided argument. They yell at you the entire time. But some that's going on among attention seeking progressives who are both influencers and politicians, where they're talking about white Americans in a dehumanizing way. They're othering white Americans, making sure their followers understand that their time, that white Americans time has come and gone, and that whites are oppressors who must suffer for the sins of their fathers. They're doing all of this again. First, let me go to a clip that happened last year, but it's been circling over social media actually over the weekend. This is from the Democrat minority leader in the Texas State House of Representatives named Jean Wu. He's an immigrant from China, liked it to the state Texas State Representatives to play clip one.
Speaker 3: I think you've hit exactly the right points. And it's not just Latinos, it's not just Asians, it's not just African Americans, it's everybody.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We are country, and the forces that be, the powers that be, have spent tremendous time, effort, and money to make sure that those groups are never united, that they always see each other as enemies and as.
Speaker 4: Competitors, without ever realizing that they share one thing in common, that their oppressors all are the same. Right, the oppression comes from one place.
Speaker 3: And I always tell people, the day it's the Latino, African, American, Asian and other communities realize that they are that they are the same oppressor, is the day we start winning. Because we are the majority in this country. Now we have the ability to take over this country and to do what is needed for everyone and to make things fair. But the thumb is our communities are divided.
Speaker 1: So we spoke to the Houston Chronicle over the weekend and he gave some context, and he said, of course, he wasn't speaking about white people, even though very clear dog whistle that you could hear from a million miles away. Now he was talking about Republicans being the pressers. Well, if that's true, why didn't he mentioned working class whites in West Texas who earn a lot less than wealthy Asians in the suburbs of Dallas and Austin, who have shorter life expectancy and who work very tough jobs in the Texas heat. It's so obvious on his face he's not talking about Republicans. He's talking about white people, no matter what he says, because there are loads of minorities in Texas that but Republican South Texas is very supportive of Donald Trump, and you've brought into the whole nation. There are there are groups everywhere except for Black Americans, that support Republican, that vote majority Republican. So he's not talking about minority talking about minorities being oppressed by Republicans because minorities are voting for Republicans in large pockets of this country. Now he's talking about white people. And the Houston Chronicle, by the way, bent over backwards. I was in a Twitter spat with the editor there they were talking, bending over backwards, talking about how he you know, the criticism wasn't fair because he was really not talking about white people. He wasn't trying to hint hint, wink, wink, dog whistle about white genocide and taking over the country. They didn't They really didn't have a problem with that as much as they should have, and they should have set there and held his feet to the fire. Now I know, we didn't say that white people were the oppressors. He's leaving up to the imagination of every person who listens to that video, including his supporters. He was on the podcast, by the way of a former illegal immigrant whose story frankly never made any sense to me because I think there were big holes in it. But he was on a conversation with immigrant who's made identity and race his entire personality and talked about at every given moment. So whose audience are you talking to? What are you talking about? The Houston Chronicles said it couldn't have been talking about white people because he didn't name them, as if The only standard we have for judging politicians on what they say when it comes to inflammatory speech is explicitly what they say. President Trump has been accused of racism every second for the last ten years for things he did not say, because that is what the left heard. And yet this man who's talking about minorities taking over the country in a very explicit way, we're supposed to hear something completely different. Now, let's go to a progressive talking head was shat Ali. He late last year told white people that they that their nation was over, and that they and that, by the way, their nation is over because they've been too generous to immigrants. That's what he says. They're and says and then the entire history of Western civilization sucks.
Speaker 2: Let's go to a club too. You have lost, you lost. The mistake that you made is you let us in the first place. That's the thing with brown people. And I'm going to say this is a brown person. There's a lot of us, like a lot. There's like one point two billion in India that's born than two hundred million in Pakistan. There's like one hundred and seventy million in vagualadation. Those are just the people there. I'm even talking about the folks who are expats or immigrants. There's a bunch of us, and we breed. We're a breeding people. And the problem is is you let us in an nineteen sixty five, there was a few, There were a few of us before. But once you let one of us in, you know what happens with brown folks. Our grandmother comes, our grandfather comes, our uncle comes, our aunt comes, our cousin comes, our second cousin comes, our third cousin comes.
Speaker 5: Then we have kids, a bunch of kids.
Speaker 1: And then guess what.
Speaker 2: Some white women, you know, the Western civilization women, the pure women, the American women, quot unquote, the Ross Belt women, the real women. They like some of us brown folks, we don't take them.
Speaker 5: They come to us.
Speaker 2: So we're embedded. We are everywhere. We are everywhere I have traveled this country. I almost speak as a brown person. Brown people are every There will be a Patel motel, or there will be a Daisy restaurant everywhere. I want you to realize this. You have lost. Your story is a shitty story, filled with misery. It's filled with bland chicken. It's filled with terrible, terrible, dry assed meat. Your music sucks all, your culture sucks nobody. That's why the kids like listening to black people and their music. That's why the kids love Latinos. Your parties suck because they're monochromatic. Our parties have better food, better music, better looking women.
Speaker 1: Right, It's the reason why constantly brown people like Bajade's family decided to move to a majority white country. Because it's so terrible, because our narratives are so bad, and because our history is so bad. For those of you who don't know who he is, once, you're better off. Before listenings podcast Bajada all these parents immigrated from Pakistan in the nineteen eighties, and he says he's been scarred by America because his parents were arrested and convicted of over thirty counts of conspiracy, male fraud, wire fraud, and money laundering. While A Lei has repeatedly said in his book and other events that anti Muslim sentiments after nine to eleven were the reasons for the convictions his parents pled guilty along with two white guys. Two white guys were also co conspirators who were pled guilty, and maybe European surnames. So I don't know how anti Islamic feelings after nine to eleven would possibly be the reasoning that these two white guys also face jail time and why they pled guilty. The victimhood is cultural currency, and this man knows that. That's how he plays into the white guilt for his white liberal audience and his other audience and trying to embold them. And he promotes narratives that aren't true, but they feel good or they make someone feel bad. That's that's the greatest irony. I mean, his numbers as statistics that they put out there on birth rates are completely incorrect. His statistics on what kind of preferred music as popular is incorrect. You know that's but that doesn't matter. The numbers don't matter. The facts don't matter. The narrative matters. And if you want to see a hilarious clip of him, watch the I mentioned this episode before because it's just so good than Mary Trump podcast. When Donald Trump wins the presidency and he thinks that Trump's going to, you know, Kamala Harrison was going to sweep this election. It's very very funny. But of course he also says that that ran was just simply taken out of context. He wasn't sitting there and saying that the country is over. He wasn't trying to radicalize young white people, and he certainly doesn't understand why young white men are so far right wing than they used to be. It couldn't possibly be because of people like him, No, it must be someone else, because everything, everything is taken out of context. Then there's also a congressman, Representative J. Powell from Washington State, who has some very interesting opinions about American history. Play clip three.
Speaker 6: The majority of Americans across the country, regardless of political party, know that immigrants from all over the world Somalia, India, wherever they're from, Latin America, Africa, that immigrants have built to this country and make this country what it is today.
Speaker 1: Just because an immigrant has a fraudulent daycare system in Minnesota does not mean that they built this country. Some immigrants did build this country. Some immigrants were very very prosperous, Some immigrants built fabulous businesses, and some immigrants children built fabulous built businesses. That doesn't mean every class of immigrant has That doesn't mean that every group of immigrants since nineteen sixty five has That doesn't mean that America could be easily replicated by the different people on different countries. We don't have magic dirt. No, the American people built this country. The American people, whose majority of which as recently as twenty ten date back to the founding of this country. At least one ancestor built this country. Jpal also said that once Democrats get in charge, she's going to sit there and push to abolish ice and border patrol. Come one, come all to this Halloween ball. This is what Jaypow wantsngress on j Powell, and of course it's nothing. What she says, by the way, is nothing compared to what Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner said about what they want to do with ICE agents. Play clip four.
Speaker 7: This is a small bunch of wanna be Nazis, that's what they are. In a country of three hundred and fifty million, we outnumber them. If we have to hunt you down the way they hunted down Nazis for decades, we will find your identities, we will find you, we will achieve justice.
Speaker 1: This is going to be the left's push that people who worked for Trump, and even if they were just ICE agents, even if they just work for the Department of Home Security, they should be jailed. They are going to January sixth, everybody. That's what their goal is. This is violent, violent rhetoric. They view these people as others and as some of the worst people in human history. And then there's Bacari Sellers, who I used to be on CNN with a few times and who said that he liked me. I don't remember when he said that on Twitter. I don't remember him ever coming to my defense when Abby Phillips was attacking me relentlessly. But he's a friend of former Vice President Kamala Harris. He was a you know, a kind of an advisor to the Vice President Kamala Harris. And he said something very interesting on Don Lemon's podcast. He said that the country needs to be quote fumigated and from maga and it needs to be surgically removed from the country.
Speaker 8: Play Cliff five. You know, Joe Biden was somewhat of a bridge. He was supposed to be a bridge or a palette cleanser, or somebody who morally and ethically was antithetical to who Donald Trump was. You know, Uncle Joe was the nice guy, older white guy comes in and you want to eat ice cream with him? Right, Well, I think what that episode in our entry's history showed us is that we really need some fumigation, right.
Speaker 1: We need an exorcism, for lack of a better term.
Speaker 8: We need a more aggressive approach to go in and surgically remove the cancer that is the Donald Trump and Baga movement.
Speaker 1: This is not an accident. I want everyone to realize. I played a lot of clips, more than I usually never play clips. But this is not an accident. Any of this language is not an accent. Of course, when they're pressed, they're going to sit there and say it's taking out of context. You know, don't worry about what your eyes or ears tell you. This is not true. What you're hearing is not true. We're all just good and we're playing around and it's it's light and it's interesting, but it's not really dangerous speech. And then their friends in the mainstream media will have them on the air, I'm sure, Butkari will be back on CNN much sooner than I will be, and he will sit there and you know, just just play it off as if it's nothing. No only even question on it. See Democrats and Progresses, for the most part, came out of the twenty twenty four election cycle and said, wow, we really got a little wild out there for a while. Maybe we shouldn't have said all the things we said out race and identity. But it's it's clear this all these all these clips were happened since the election. They meant every word of it. They meant everything they said during the height of the twenty twenty George Floyd riots. They want to erase borders, they want to rewrite history. They want to otherwise other otherwise white Americans, including Jews. Mind you, I know a lot of Jews, liberal Jews, not conservatives, but liberal Jews who sit there and say, well, I'm not really white, I'm Jewish, as if that's going to be a get at a jail free card. No, you are lumped right into the camp of white people, just like Persians are in a lot of places, just like Armenians are. We're all in the same white whiteness camp. I guess together. Once they come into power, they want to put in laws. They want to put forward laws that are discriminatory, racially discriminatory against whites. And they're not they're not hiding it. Once they get into power, it's just going slightly unnoticed. In New York City, Mayor Mandani said during the campaign tro he wanted a property tax system that punished whites more than non whites. Now what he was saying, I know that that was the headline that got news. What he was saying on how propt New York, New Yor City property tax is conducted currently actually made a tiny bit of sense. Older homes or tax at a lower price than newer homes are which punt which gives tax breaks like build de Blasio. But that's not how he framed it. That's that's not the conversation he wanted to have about people, people and wealthy people buying old brownstones versus you know, working class, middle class people buying newer condos or apartments or houses. No, he talked about it in the racial context because that was what he cared about. Racial justice was economic justice to him. In Virginia Democrats that put forward legislation that discriminates against white men for government contracts. The fever dream with a post Floyd radicalis hasn't gotten away. It's just gotten a lot quieter. You're just not hearing it so often. But every once in a while they slip up and they tell you, and then when they get into power, they show you and while white continued to become a smaller percentage of this country because we've had birth rates below replacement level since the nineteen seventies, they will continue to be an economic powerhouse. What happens in many countries when there's an economic dominant minority is that they're preyed upon, that they're blamed, they're discriminated against, And the left is setting up this language today. I know that it's not where people expect me to go to have this podcast. I'm not a doom and gloom person. I'm not a fire and brimstone person. But jing Wu, I guess set me off a little bit because it's so clearly obvious. And the fact that the Houston Chronicle sat there and said, well, let's really talk about how Ted Cruz reacted to it, rather than what ging Wu actually said shows how pathetic the media is. The fact that Bacari Sellers is back on CNN any day of the week that he wants to be the fact that half of these people are accepted in play company. Anti white language is going to be filed by anti white legislation. Take it to the bank. It already is in New York City in Virginia and anywhere else. Democrats will sit there and win this November. I know I just said sit there, and I always try to stop myself to say sit there, but I did it. Anywhere Democrats win this November. Let's talk about an election. Let's talk about the great state of Texas. This special election in Texas has opened up the you know, open up the idea that Texas is in play, especially, you know, with incumbent Senator John Cornyn down significantly in the polls, especially in a runoff. He's down really badly in a runoff. A lot of donors already considering cutting him loose. Recent polls by the NRSC found that Cornyn only wins against Democrats James to Larico by three points. A poll by the University of Houston put every potential matchup within the margin of error. And Republicans are worried if Ken Paxton, Attorney General Kim Paxson, who's a controversial figure for many reasons. I'm not going to go into a whole Kenn Paxson episode if he is the nominee, that Democrats have a chance of winning the state new Remember, I may know everyone outside Texas like that's so far FROs far fetch Trump won Texas by a huge margin, and he did. But remember in twenty eighteen, in the last midterm, Democrats came within two percentage points of beating Ted Cruz. So what could happen this year? And the special election in the Texas State Senate are giving Democrats even more hope. Polls suggest the worst candidate for the Democrats is Jasmine Crockett. So that's what I've told all my Republican friends to go vote for. Because Texas doesn't have strict party registration, you can kind of vote for any primary that you want. But this special election is giving them all hope. So will the lone star state go blue? That's what we're talking about next. Callen Jones is a senior investigator reporter at the Dallas Express. He knows a lot about Texas. Thank you so much for being here, Callen. Thank you for having me Ryan. So my first question for you is what does this special election in Texas mean for Republicans in November. You're of course talking about the SD nine race.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I live funny enough in that district. It's being interpreted right now as a big upset that mag is over this is the sign that Republicans have given up on Trump. One thing I would like to point out, and I have done in my reporting on this matter, is that this was an off year special election runoff, and it happened during January. And what typically does not happen during Texas's elections is we don't get snowstorms because we don't have them in January. And many of the polling locations were closed during that election and so disturbed to the execution of the election in a way we haven't seen before. Republicans were discouraged, I think, partly by this known partly by some of the political happenings we have going on in this district, and Democrats had a reason to turn out. They were mad, they were fired up, and the Democrats ran a competent and likable candidate in t Would you say.
Speaker 1: Though that, would you say that there were things that are divorced. Obviously, the national environment's notcher for Republicans, But would you say there were things happening in this election that were unique to this election. I've heard from people on the ground that the Republican with a virtually pronounceable last name, you know, the fight between her and the former mayor of the his or her Republican primary opponent turned down support things that don't have implications for a state wide election. Certainly, there is a battle of personalities and of ideology going on in this in the Republican primary in this race and the former Republican or there wasn't a primary.
Speaker 5: It was three people running against each other. Was wams Goans. That's how I say it. Look now I've mispronounced it many times. Now it's Wamscons. Lee wams Guns was Republican. John John Huffman was the other Republican. He was the former mayor of South Lake, and they were running against Taylor Remmitt, who was the Democrat union boss. And of course the Republican vote was split, and the general election vote was split three ways, which forced the runoff. It cost a lot of money, and there's sort of an ideological difference coming out of the suburbs. There's the Trump base which is with him one hundred percent, and Trump, of course, at the very end, endorsed Wamscans. And you know, the MAGA people were there, but some of the softer managerial class moms in the suburbs did not necessarily support womscons and there were reasons for that, one of which being the potential split of the school district in Iste. Now, I'm actually a graduate of Keller High and this was a very controversial issue. From my understanding of the issue, womscans and some of the other people that ended up getting painted with this did not necessarily know about this beforehand. This kind of spilled out of the Keller isd School board with no preparation to the public. This was, in their view, sprung upon them, and the battle was over whether to break Keller id into several, possibly two or more districts, with Keller High kind of anchoring the Keller district and then some of the other.
Speaker 1: Basically an economic splits me in the wealthier parts of the town and then the working class parts of the town. Definitely created a lot of blood and tention. Okay, So here's the main part of it. Right outside this election, are Republicans in trouble losing any state wide seats in Texas in this year for the first time in twenty five years.
Speaker 5: You know, the number one you would think about is the Senate race. And there was a poll out from the University of Houston just yesterday and it showed whoever the Republican nominee is is going to win between one and four points, and they had to head match up against the likely Democrat nominee, which is Jasmine Crockett, the congresswoman from Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've told all my Republican revents of over Jasmin Crockett what well, I mean, she's definitely the easiest one to beat in this election. So, I mean, Texas is definitely not the I mean when it comes to winning the majority for the Senate, Democrats are looking at North Carolina, m Maine. But they still need to pick up two seeds and I was one of them in Texas and Texas and Alaska or the other two. Texas has twenty eighteen was a very close year for Ted Cruz. They were expecting there was a big pushback among Latinos. Are Republicans feeling nervous about a similar pushback this time among the Latino population.
Speaker 5: There does seem to be some realignment amongst the Latino population, but they're not returning to the numbers that we've seen in the past. They're not returning to the Hillary numbers where maybe some decrease the polling is signaling, but it's not that the Latinos have completely given up on Republicans.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: They may not get the numbers they got in twenty twenty four, but presidential elections are a little bit different than midterm at Senate elections.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean, I know, I was just in Texas. I was actually in Dallas. The should have given you a qull but I was there for like eighteen hours, so it was a very brief trip. But when I was there, it's interesting. Texans are very Texas Republicans, as to say, are very aware of the immigration issue changing, especially the Dallas area. Right, there's a huge influx of Indian immigrants, a use flux as a Muslim population in Texas. There's the Epic City, which, as the don't know that was trying to build like basically a Shuria city in Texas. And it's a conversation that everyone's kind of having. And yet you still have among the Texas delegation a lot of squishes, John Cornyn being one of them. John Cornyn is incredibly weak on immigration. He's probably one of the weakest Republicans left in the Senate. Immigration. Where is this disconnect between the voters and the elect is coming from. Is it all just money and donors or what is it? Well, John Cornyn is very cozy with the Chamber of Commerce, and of course the Chamber of Commerces, you know, is suing the President to halt the one hundred thousand dollars h one BFE. So the feelings of Cornyn's donors and his voters are very far apart. Now.
Speaker 5: Cornyn has been able to skate by for many decades on kind of the support of the long gone now sort of Bush establishment that's been in decay for many decades. But he's but now there's sort of a reckoning because people are very frustrated with him, and the Magabase in Texas feels that they could soon be without a major ally in the Senate. Of course, Marsha Blackburn is running for governor of Tennessee, Tommy Tulberbill is running for governor of Alabama, and there's a thinning out in the Senate and in the House of sort of the Magabase, and they view this is their opportunity to get their guy in, who appears generally to be Kin Paxton. I'll make one more point on this is that voters in Texas are connected at a personal level with Paxton in a way they're not connected with Cornyn. Coryn may be a name they know because he's been around thirty something years. But during that impeachment hearing, a lot of people bought with Paxton because they viewed it as a real roading sort of in the same style of the indictments brought against President Trump. They are emotionally connected to him at a visceral level that they are just not connected to John Cornyn or Wesley Hunt.
Speaker 1: When I was in Texas for Brandon Gills race, I was his GC for his run, his first run, and the word on the the word on the street was always Packson's a crook, but he's urkrook. That was what Republicans told me. I mean, you know, to say that was what verbatim what they told me was he's a crook, but he's r crook. And they thought he was a fighter. And it's with a Cornyn. There's a lot of established in dent Republicans in the United States Senate. I mean, Lindsay Graham. You don't get more established from that. Lindsay and Graham managed to marry himself to Donald Trump in certain respects and managed to evade criticisms in certain areas because he became so closely aligned to Trump. Well, I'm sure he disagrees with like this, really disagrees with but that is what he did to survive politically. John Cornyn never did that, and it's very strange that he kind of maybe thought he was going to outlast Trump. So, I mean, is this the end of Cornyn that we're seeing?
Speaker 5: All the polling would suggest that he may make it to the runoff, But the people who are supporting Wesley Hunt are probably going to line up behind Paston. They have to get when they have to make a binary choice in the likely runoff election.
Speaker 1: Is there a chance of a Hunt versus Paston run off?
Speaker 5: There is there is. The polling doesn't suggest most polling and the more recent pulling doesn't suggest that's likely. I think Wesley Hunt, based off the University of Houston poll, either has slightly higher favorability or ride on par They're like within a few points of each other on favorability. But the thing is is that Wesley Hunt is not a known commodity to the public in the way Kim Paxton is or in the way John Cornyn is many people did not hear of him before he jumped into this race. Okay, last question, Do Democrats have anything going for them in terms of a possible upset?
Speaker 1: Is there a possibility in which way that Democrats have a perfect I mean, I know that the other Democrat, not Jazz and Crockett, has raised a lot of money although people aren't supporting him, and I know that there are a lot of other seats up for grabs. Is there any possibly Democrats that there and pull a rabbit out of a hat?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't want to sound like the Huffington Post on the morning of the election in twenty sixteen. And you know, Hillary has a ninety nine percent chance of winning. It's in the bag for Hillary, but the odds are very strongly in the Republican's favor. You would be hard pressed to find a high quality pull that would show you that husband Crockett is likely to defeat Tim Paxton or John.
Speaker 1: Cornyn orz and with one and with the Jerry manner that they just had, is there any chance of losing one of these new House seats? Is there any chance of the Democrats losing one of the Republicans losing any of the House sets that they drew for a Republican seat or do you know that's pretty safe. They've done a good job.
Speaker 5: I think they've done a good job. They've made these races very expensive and the way they've gone the seats, but I don't think they've made them unwinnable, and I think they're likely to win in Texas. The mood on the ground in Texas is that the Republicans are going to get the seats that they drew, and they're going to get this. They're going to maintain their Senate seat.
Speaker 1: All right, Callen? Where can we go to read more about you, what you do and all your stuff.
Speaker 5: You can find me at the Dallas Express website, which is www dot Dallas Express dot com, and you can always find me on Twitter at Cowtown Caller.
Speaker 1: Callen. Thank you for coming this podcast. I really appreciate it. Are you're right.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Ask Me Anything segment. If you want a part of the Ask Me Anything segment. Emily Ryan at Numbers gamepodcast dot com. That's Ryan at Numbers gamepodcast dot com. Numbers Plural, I have a number a lot in the dock but I'm going through them one by one. I will get to your question if you haven't heard it yet. First one comes from Mary. Mary brings up an op ed that I wrote for my substack, the National Populist newsletter about the birth rate and the increasing births of white couples having children, well the white, non Hispanic white father and non a Hispanic white mother, and why that that was such an anomaly in the overall numbers, where you see numbers declining among all groups except for Biracials. And she says, hi Ryan given to the most people from the Middle East are classified as white. Could this baby bump be a Muslim baby bump? That's thanks Mary, Mary's a great question. So there were about three point five to five million Middle Easterners. Not all Muslims are classified as white, right, by the way, just Middle Easterners. They're about three point five to five million Middle Easterners in America. They predominantly live in Michigan, California, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Remember when you say Middle Easterners, that includes Lebanese Christians, that includes agnostic people, that includes not just Muslims. Right, Israeli Jews. Perfect example, Middle Easterners, so they're not all Muslims, you know, by the fact that they're Middle Eastern. Secondly, because the overall population grew in almost every single state, including like Upper New England, like Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire, which is very low Muslim population. It increased in the Deep South, and increased in Ohio and Pennsylvania and Vermont, and like in Kentucky. These are places that have very very low Muslim populations. I take it back in Kentucky. Maybe they didn't go to Kentucky, but I have to look that up. But it grew in most other parts of the country that have very very low Muslim populations. So if it was just a Muslim thing, you would see the numbers being connected with the states that have large Muslim populations. Like I thought originally, Oh, it must be because of ultra religious communities like Amish and Orthodox Jews, and maybe like traditional Latin mask Catholics and Mormons. But it's not. It doesn't. It doesn't correlate with just one population living in one area. I don't know the reason why. I'm going to explore it. As the numbers come in for twenty twenty six and we can sit there and start breaking down more data. But something unusual is happening. And I don't know if it's a cultural thing across the country or if it's just you know, a flair from them, but the fact that happened two years in a row is very very odd. So I will let you know as I know more. But no, it's not simply just because Muslims are having more children. And also I think I'm pretty sure most Muslim birth rates are now at or below replacement levels in the United States. They're not very high. People people think when they hear Muslim birth rates that everyone's Afghanistan or they do have a lot of children, And in fact, most parts of the Middle East are now settled around like two point five two point six children for women. Most parts of Northern Africa even have now slept below replacement levels, So it's not like most Muslim countries or even having tons of kids like they used to. So Saturn Africa is the extreme third world like Afghanistan is, but they're not. They're People's opinions of how Muslim birth rates are very outdated. Okay, second question, Hello, Ryan. This comes from Greg. He says, as a big Billy as a big fan of Billie Eilish's music and a fan of Ice. I'm not going to educate our on her opinion because she's wrong on stolen part. And actually we're living on rented land, and that's not just Americans, that's our entire planet. We also pay taxes for our land on our property, and we're not going to live forever. Okay, so he says, so as we mock Billy Eilish. Yes, she's on rented land from a population. I'll probably live there, but she herself will she herself and all of us will probably not live on the current land within one to two hundred years. What are your thoughts? I think, listen, I don't know about the whole rented land thing. I guess we're all just temporary in our shown skin, and only souls are forever. But souls, cockroaches and share, right, those are the three things that last forever.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 1: Thing about Billie Eilish, the thing about Sabrina Carpenter who was clapping like a train seal, the thing about bad Bunny and all the rest of these things is like people are trained to want to feel good, to say the right thing Billy Eilish doesn't care about it being on Native American land. Otherwise she give her house back, would she would self deport to Ireland or England wherever her family's from. She has no interest in doing that whatsoever. And it's all just to sit there and show a group of people like, hey, I'm a good white person. And the irony is that Billie Eilish and Sabrina Carpenter, these are multi multi millionaires who have far more ability to give back or to do something for populations of Native Americans than other people do. Than Indigenous Americans than other people do. I mean the poorest population in the kN our Native Americans live in South Dakota. Some of them don't have running heat correctly and they don't have proper refrigeration. There's amazing articles written about the devastating poverty in South Dakota. They don't do a thing for them. They don't care. They want to cater and to tell middle class, working class and upper class white people you should feel bad, you should want to do more. I'm not, but I'm gonna say the right thing so your kids can sit there and say, well, this is what I should be doing. It's all. I don't say it's brainwashing, but it is brainwashing. It's all performance are and it's all performative. Nothing is about this as authentic or real. Billy Eilish has made a good song or two. I don't hate her, don't. I don't think about her. But it would be great if the next person on stage at the Grammys after she said that, said, Okay, Billy, give your give your house away. Give your house the Native American tribe that lived there, they're still around. You could do that, But of course she's not going to. It's all hypocrisy and it's all performative, like most things that white liberals do. Okay, I'm liberals in general. Don Lemon has a white husband who says there and talking about whole white supremacy is terrible. Okay. Last question comes from Julia. She writes, I'm enjoying the show as always. It keeps me, It keeps me a company my commute to work. Oh, I hope you have a good day of work today, Julia. I'm thankful for your New York sense of humor. My questions as the Republicans are doing badly and special elections, for example in Texas, the district that we talk about today, that when strongly for Trump in twenty twenty four just slung left. That's troubling. But then on X I regularly see clips of Harry Anton from CNN reporting on how strong the numbers are for Trump, how jd Vance is at eighty four percent ratings. Is this a disconnect? How can Anton, of all people, report the strength of the GOP if apparently is losing all the special elections. Please explain, Julie. I hope you have a wonderful day of work and I will explain. So, Trump and Vance are popular within the Republican Party. One that doesn't mean that every person running for reelection is popular within the Republican Party. There's a number of people that are not that popular. Dan Crenshaw is not super popular. Corey Mills is not super popular within his own party. Brandy Fine is not super popular in his own party. So it doesn't always transfer over to the person running for office. Secondly, there are more people in the country than just Republicans, So voter enthusiasm voter turn out mean a lot. Just because someone really loves Donald Trump and they get out and they go vote for Donald Trump and a primary general doesn't mean they're going to go vote in a special election that's held on a Saturday. Something I still don't understand why Texas is holding special elections on Saturdays. It truly boggles my mind. But they don't go vote on a Saturday, or they're not informed that there's an election going on. Never underestimate people's ability to just ignore what's happening. They're busy with their own lives. They got kids, they got work, they got you know, sports teams, fantasy football. Who knows what's going on. So that is that's the condition of why they're losing. And when you look at if they prefer if people prefer the solutions from the Republican Party or the Democratic Party, they usually prefer the Republicans. It's just that certain things are not as Americans expected them. We're very I don't want to say angry, but we're a very frustrated population. We expected the economy in different places. The unemployment rate for young people, including people who got good jobs, is very high. People are nervous about AI, people are nervous about costs of electricity other things. So the two parties, it's not like we live in the Netherlands, where there's thirty and you can choose one or the other. There's only two to pick from. So what happens when the party gets into power, the opposite party usually wins because people were saying, oh, I want it to be better. It is what it is. It's a fact of life. But it does. But what Harryington is saying about Trump and about Vance are true. Vance is very very popular among Republican primary voters. He's a very very likely next nominee if he chooses to run. And Trump is still to pop among Republican Party voters, and that does not mitigate from the fact that people are very angry at the president and the party a lot of times over economics up or feeling like he's not looking at the right issues, that he's not focused enough on the interior of the country. He's doing so much on foreign policy. Anyway, that's the today's show. Thank you so much for listening. If you like this podcast, please like and subscribe in the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcast wherever gets your podcasts, Like and subscribe on YouTube. Give me a thumbs up if you like this video, and please make sure you tell your friends and family and trying to grow this show, hoping to take big things in the end of this year and into next year. So please like and subscribe and I'll see you guys on Friday.