Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Yeah, Ar'm strong, Joe, Kaddy arm Strong and Jackie and he I'm strong and it's a problem studio.
Speaker 2: See see, you're welcome to a brand new week. Oh my god, what's going to happen this week in your life and the ups and downs of your three score and ten that God gives you? What is going to happen this week? Good stuff, bad stuff, worse stuff, best stuff.
Speaker 1: You're just another stick it away answer to the man.
Speaker 2: That is an option a week much like every other week you've ever lived. Same job, same same spouse, same kidens, same route to work, same sore feet radio.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's this is not encouraging anyway.
Speaker 2: We're deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound, and today we are toiling under the title of the show.
Speaker 3: You know, the first one's just an expression of my mood. Anybody got any good news? Just so going through the damn headlines. But I like this one even better. Iran out of interest? What is going on with Trumpe and Iran that he just this is boring? Moving on what we need progress, The moving po or get off the pot.
Speaker 2: They're all meeting tomorrow, the big everybody's getting together tomorrow for a big meeting and reporting as just watching Tree Angst on Fox. Apparently among the plans being put on his desk or that'll be discussing tomorrow is taking out the IRGC leadership.
Speaker 1: So if I were those.
Speaker 2: Guys running the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, I would update my beneficiaries and my life insurance plans and and look.
Speaker 1: For look in the sky. Listen to Mohammed.
Speaker 3: You can get up to two million dollars in coverage without a medical exam. Yeah, he's gotta called that a one eight hundred number. Yeah, like on like so yeah by noon.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Well that's funny how that whole thing got put on the back burner during the trip to Iran. Hey, you wouldn't think a war could get bumped off the front page by anything, but it got. He got bumped off the front page by a lot, by a freaking Hanta virus. Yeah, so yeah, speaking of witch, speaking of viruses, you've been following the abolavirus there in the con a little bit. Yeh, I'm I'm really into the a Bola virus. What's old is new. Yeah, I got I got a full team coverage on the abolavirus. A little bit later, there's been an outbreak in people dying and what it is and what it isn't. But man, that so now that's a disease you don't want.
Speaker 3: Boy, if somebody offers you the Hanta or the abola, man, that's a coin for COVID or well die.
Speaker 2: Pretty much it's almost the opposite of COVID. The Thebola virus is the way some people treated.
Speaker 1: COVID, yes, which was very inaccurate. Speaking of war with Iran.
Speaker 2: So, the New York Times is out with their New York Times Siena poll, which I know, if you're just a regular run in the middle of person and you hear there's there's a gazillion polls that come out all the time, and another poll this and that and whatever, you ignore them. But the New York Times Ciena poll, they only do it, I think four times a year or something like that. They spend a ton of money. It's more researched deeper than like your average pole to gets a quickie poll that gets thrown up by CNN or whoever. Doesn't mean they you need to agree with it. But any who, they're one of theirs. Just came out this morning and right decision or wrong decision on Iran?
Speaker 1: Is that thirty percent? Thirty percent? And what right decision? Yeah? Yeah, good guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It wasn't popular at the beginning and it has gotten less popular. Thirty percent of people think that was the right decision to go to go into Iran. So of course the president made no effort to sell that at all, Like zero effort. Yeah, if you'll remember correctly, the State of the Union address was four days before the war started, never mentioned it, So I mean, there is no attempt to sell this thing to people. And then the price of gas goes up, and you got the compliant media acting like that's the only gauge of whether a war is worth it or not is the price of gas.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But given the fact that what's.
Speaker 3: The failure's an orphan and success has a thousand fathers, the aimless strategy, in my opinion, has not helped a bit the stalemate, or so it would seem.
Speaker 1: The lack of good messaging.
Speaker 3: You know, you could change those poll results with a good, decisive victory. You know, settling is some of these problems and or just great messaging, and it hasn't been there.
Speaker 2: You know. One of the worst things or best things depending on how you look at it that ever happened to polling is when they started breaking down by party.
Speaker 1: They didn't do that until fairly.
Speaker 2: Recently in last I don't know how many years, but I think I think you had to start doing that because we're will polarize. Right, So back in the day you could look at the overall number and get a find it kind of a feel where like the bulk of people were. Then we got so polarized that if you see a fifty percent poll number, you realize one hundred percent of Republicans say yes and zero percent of Democrats say no. And that's how you get to fifty percent. And then what does that tell you? Does that even tell you anything?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: So, just as if it's two separate internal polls of each party answered my own question, I'm not sure it tells you anything. If you have a fifty percent approval of something that's one hundred percent for one party in zero for another.
Speaker 1: It's never that drastic, but it's close. For instance, on this.
Speaker 2: Rand number with thirty percent approval, five percent of Democrats seventy percent of Republicans.
Speaker 1: So what does that tell you about anything? Really? I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: The only thing I'd look at with any great interest as the Republican number, and the fact that it's seventy is strong, but not overwhelming. I'd say, behind the president, that's interesting. The fact that ninety whatever percent of Democrats hate it, that's the least not the least bit surprising.
Speaker 1: Of course they do.
Speaker 2: And I'm not sure you learn anything from those numbers when you break them down my party. So I'd like to talk to a smart person about that. I'm polling. Speaking of witch polarization and where.
Speaker 1: We are now, we got a jam and ad in here at some point, right, this is insane.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you about something that happened to me yesterday that speaks to the polarization of America. Right after this from Simply Safe, I pulled away from my house about forty five minutes ago and saw the simply Safe sign there in the yard, and once again breathe a sigh of relief, knowing I got all these sensors and cameras and everything that simply Safe does keep him an eye on my house while I'm at work and we were talking to our good chums who hold our homeowner's insurance and they want us to tweak our system a bit. But that's fine because you can customize your system and Charlie Safe, Oh what fine.
Speaker 1: Folks they are. I hope they're enjoying my money.
Speaker 3: But with simply Safe, it's just not a camera, it's a comprehensive ecosystem of sensors, cameras for inside out twenty four to seven professional monitoring in the event of a break in or a fire, and that's what they really wanted us to be safe about or flood.
Speaker 1: Simply Safe agents are ready to take action for you.
Speaker 2: To me, the biggest thing is that there's no long term contract that you sign on to and they're like, we got this person for a year or two. No, they have to earn your business every single day. It's simply Safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and honestly it will help lower.
Speaker 3: Your insurance costs in a lot of cases.
Speaker 1: Simply save home security. So good.
Speaker 3: Right now, you get fifty percent off a new simply Safe system. It's simply Safe. Dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe. Dot Com slash Armstrong. There's no safe, like simply save.
Speaker 2: Do I sense a rant you want to go on about homeowners insurance or it's.
Speaker 3: Got awful, but everybody knows that. I mean, it's it's outrageous depending on where you're pretty much all.
Speaker 2: Those insurances, your medical, your home, and your car, pretty much all of it. When you go to use it, you're like, why do I pay for this every month?
Speaker 1: If what? And if I do use it, are they just going to thry you out on my ear or whatever?
Speaker 2: Just jacket up in the case of cars, jacket up to government whatever they paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, you know, it really depends on where you live, of course, coastal lists and blah blah blah. But then I remember I was reading in the Wall Street Journal where the middle part of the country because of what seems to be increased hail Oh my god, among other things.
Speaker 2: My parents had quite the hailstorm, and my brothers just unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so everybody's homeowners insurance rates are outrageous.
Speaker 2: Now here's my brief story, because then we got to start the show. Officially, I'm picking up my son downtown yesterday he helped at a rotary club barbecue because that's something he did with the Scouts. It's just one of the many great things I love about Scouts. So there he was involved in the community and helping this in that and sort of stuff. Pick up my son in the Scout uniform, and we're driving home and some little blonde chick college girl in a really cool little sports callar convertible. So she's going to a really expensive college, driving a nicer car than I had until I was in my mid fifties.
Speaker 1: She is, by.
Speaker 2: Definition, among the elite of the world. And she drives up next to me, flips me off and yelling I couldn't hear because my windows are up, and flips me off and rids in front of me and flips me off over her shoulder with their ponytail waving in the breeze, and are a little convertible so angry because I'm driving a Tesla cybertruck. I guess, uh, what the hell is that? That sort of thing did not happen not that many years ago, upper class twits selling revolution. She'd thinks she's a brave crusader of some sort.
Speaker 1: It's a conceit. It's entirely a conceit.
Speaker 2: You have by any definition world history, one of the greatest lives you could have. You're an attractive young blonde at a nice college, driving a really cool car your parents almost certainly bought you, which has.
Speaker 1: Precisely watched out socialist nouns, and.
Speaker 2: You're so angry right now on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. That's how she soothes her own ego. Look at me, I'm not part of the bad people.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I'm white, I really really am, and I'm sorry I'm not poor.
Speaker 1: But let me scream I'm made a sinner.
Speaker 2: That then you'll like me, right, You'll accept me as a fellow crusader.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so pathetic, makes you feel like you're done. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like, how are you so angry about what I'm driving right now? This is crazy.
Speaker 1: I was just contemplating we need a new ang T shirt.
Speaker 3: I will support it proudly, but I can't decide should have say socialism sucks or socialism never works. I'd wear a socialism sucks T shirt all day every day and beat my only shirt. I get like five different colors, making my own my uniform right right wash around the weekend oh, like wash them and painted on your test to go shirtless on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this it is Monday, May eighteenth. You're twenty twenty six, worm strung in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's begin then officially, according to see rules riggs, here we go at mark.
Speaker 1: President Trump was greeted at the Great Hall of the.
Speaker 2: People by school children jumping up and down in excitement, shouting it's the man from the hats we make. That's a good feline, which also fits in with the Trump phones.
Speaker 1: You've even't followed the Trump phones story. Oh they were supposed to be a headline. That troubles me. Oh my god, that's a that's an that's a rough story.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We've got a lot of headlines around real important things coming up.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stay here. How about this headline.
Speaker 2: It looks like Pamela Anderson and Tom Cruise are a couple. Pam Anderson, you got to give me a minute. I know you're talking about two sex symbols still attractive, but you know both around about sixty.
Speaker 1: Uh, heyday was eighties. Really safety eighties calls, and once they're gossiped.
Speaker 2: Back, really they're well, they're still both big deals there, but we're both you know.
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise is still big deal.
Speaker 2: So she she's got a new show out that's supposed to be really good a series anyway, Tom Cruise, Hamla Anderson, So just weird. The idea that imagine how many times their paths have crossed is crossed as giant stars for forty five years or something.
Speaker 1: Like that, and now at this point in their lives, they come together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the autumn of their lives, exactly the autumn they finally opened their eyes.
Speaker 1: Are we in the autumn of our lives? I feel like I'm in a dead of winter. I define, shorts are put away and the heavy coats are out. Yeah. I feel like it's trees with no leaves on them. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So a couple of headlines the who it's the World Health Organization that guided us so valiantly and aid politically through COVID mother Blacker so oh Boy declared a global health emergency following an outbreak of a rare variant of ubola in Congo and Uganda because regular old ebola isn't scary enough.
Speaker 1: This one's an extra nasty one. I've got details on that coming up that are really excelling.
Speaker 3: How about Ukraine going nuts hammer in Russia with one of the largest attacks on Moscow since the invasion back in twenty twenty two, over a thousand drone over thousand I.
Speaker 2: Don't get why they don't do this on a regular basis if they have the capacity. This was a reaction to Moscow hitting Kiev and killing two dozen people. Right, just blasted an apartment complex and then Kiev shot back at Moscow with the biggest attacks since the war happened.
Speaker 1: As you said, I don't understand why, if they have a capacity, they don't do it all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like they need to justify it with getting attacked first. Yeah, I've been puzzling through that very question myself. Are they hoping for some sort of settlement soon and didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Or do they think?
Speaker 2: Do they think the world or maybe more importantly JD. Vans and Trump will turn on them if they If they are on the offense.
Speaker 3: Got to be something like that, right, almost has to be otherwise punish the crap out of right, I don't know. This is such a weird conflict. Is there a tendency of for Putin to go after more civilians if Ukraine's wore aggressive attacking in Russia and they don't want to court that sort of travel, I don't know. Speaking of wars and potential wars, we need to play this. Trump did an interview on Fox News Friday afternoon. This is after his trip to China in which he made a lot of news. In fact, I think it was the biggest thing that happened the entire week in his statement about Taiwan being a very good negotiating chip. That whole conversation is definitely worth listening to, and we'll get to that later.
Speaker 1: On the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Sure sounds like he put letting Taiwan go on the table as a trade for something else.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 3: Speaking of our commie enemies, Cuba had been discussing plans to use drones to attack the US naval basic Guatanamo Bay.
Speaker 1: And maybe even the Florida Keys.
Speaker 3: Killing many of our drunk gay Americans would.
Speaker 1: Not be a appreciated it all.
Speaker 3: What, according to the Key West, well known hangout for our LGB friends I was there.
Speaker 2: Last summer for vacation with the kids. It's there's plenty of straight people in Key West.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm having stand up for our minority communities.
Speaker 1: Jack, you know what you do? You all right?
Speaker 2: Although we did walk by a bar that had a number of appeared to be gentlemen, yes, dressed gentlemen's club, you say, dressed as women well outside of this bar, and very very high heels.
Speaker 1: Not to make up, but everything like that.
Speaker 2: We walked by them and Henry turned to me. I wish I could say the words on the air, but hopefully, he said. I got three questions, Dad, What the f.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was funny. Those fellows are confused, Henry. We hope they'll figure themselves out eventually. Also worth noting the giant prayer gathering on the National Mall in DC yesterday, I was promoted as a rededication of our country is one nation under God, which of course the New York Times appraised very very critically, trying to re establish the incorrect narrative that the US was established as a Christian nation when indeed the separation of church and state blah blah blah. Okay, when was the telling you when was the last time he went after a big gathering of Muslims New York Times and reviewed how a fundamentalist Islam in any form squares with modernity.
Speaker 1: I missed that article. Send it to me, I'll read it.
Speaker 2: That's a very good point also on that big gathering them all. The only reason I knew it happened was Fox News Sunday shn bream broadcast from the mall talking to Mike Johnson about the gathering. I had no idea it was even happening because I watched all the other news shows and there was no mention about whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I appreciated Mike Johnson, this could even be our freedom av En quote of the day saying, our rights do not derive from the government. They come from you, our creator and heavenly Father. Whether you consider them God given or quote unquote natural rights, He's absolutely right. The government exists to protect your rights, not give them to you.
Speaker 1: Talked about that a.
Speaker 2: Little bit with Tim while you were gone in his book Proclaiming Liberty.
Speaker 1: Oh so good.
Speaker 2: Here's another headline from the Not Serious File, And I'd be fine with as much not serious as we can get to today. Is the secret to men's longevity a great butt. New studies coming out showing that if you have a really great butt, particularly as a man, it is a sign that you were going to live a long, healthy life. Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could put a couple of beer cans on mine and rest them there. I've got very muscular, very muscular. It's got a shelf that you could put beer cans on.
Speaker 2: I'm that muscular. Yeah, it's an interesting look. You might have to post pictures. I'm sure what he wants that. I'm trouble figuring the angle on that.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy.
Speaker 2: A lot more on the way if you missed a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: On demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Should the people of Taiwan feel more or less secure after your meetings with presents?
Speaker 1: I'm neutral.
Speaker 2: That's just a little bit of the interview that Trump did with Brett Bear on Friday at the end of the week and his big meeting in China and everything like that, and it.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of attention, and it should.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really sounded like he put Taiwan on the table as a bargaining chip. It sounded like he's going to treat Taiwan, the way he treats Ukraine. You know, hey, sorry, you're the small guy. That's what happens when you're the small guy.
Speaker 1: Get used to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's troubling. It is so more on that later. Speaking of China, you weren't here on Thursday. You were playing golf, is that right correct?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, an exciting multi day tournament. And how did that gore results coming up? My partner and I came very close to being on the verge of one step away from winning it.
Speaker 1: In other words, kind of we were top of the pack, but out of the money. There you go. But it was fine. It was fun. It was great fun.
Speaker 3: My body held up more or less, although my left wing and my left knee has written me in angry note which called me several several nasty names.
Speaker 1: Very sore. You have wings, that's knee, nie, Nie. Yeah, I don't have any wings anymore.
Speaker 2: You missed this nugget that I looked up. So they had the big meeting there in the Great Hall. They kept referring to the Great Hall. I talked a lot about how I just thought it was so weird that Trump and she meet there and all the kids are dancing and everything like that under the watchful gaze of a giant painting of Chairman Mao. And how the world just ignores that, the most deadly human in the history of the world. There's a giant, like fifty foot painting of Chairman mau there, and everybody just said, oh, you know, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you went.
Speaker 2: To Germany and there was a giant Hitler poster in Munich Berlin, and then nobody would ignore that. Anyway, the Great Hall there, how big is it? It's thirty acres big. That's how big that building is. Thirty acres.
Speaker 3: I wonder Trump felt like he had to build a new ballroom. It was built in the fifties by mile, but thirty acre building. That's absolutely stunning.
Speaker 2: We got more on that though, particularly the interview about Taiwan, because that's important. I think I had one more thing I wanted to say before I tease this. Oh, anyway, let me hit you with a little of the Abola stuff, because that is in the news.
Speaker 1: Joe brought it up.
Speaker 2: So the last big outbreak was in twenty eighteen of the Abola virus.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much.
Speaker 2: The worst virus on earth. I think, is there anybody that could beat that? Don't you have to eat a chimp or sex one up or something.
Speaker 1: Well, we're about to get to the how you speak the bowl of IRUs.
Speaker 2: It's named for the Abola River there in the Congo that's where it was first discovered, and it's a U you get it. And your chance of dying is depending on the situation, can be fifty to fifty which is pretty high, or it can be ninety percent. I mean if you're in if you're in bad health. But uh, In twenty eighteen, twenty three hundred people died. In between twenty fourteen and twenty sixteen, eleven thousand people died, which is and then every time there's an outbreak, it starts spreading, people start dying. Everybody's like, oh my god, and then it goes away and they're not exactly sure. That's one of the troubling aspects of it is they don't know why it recedes and doesn't just end up taking over the world. If you ever saw the movie Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman from the eighties nineties, whenever that movie came out, like an exaggerated version of the worst case scenario. If you had an a bowl of outbreak? How does the human humans spread happen? Once a human has infected, the virus speds through direct contact.
Speaker 1: It is not airborne. So that's very very good news.
Speaker 2: So I could, if there was an abola outbreak in my town pretty easily avoid getting it if I just stayed away from well blood or bodily fluids like urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and seamen. I don't exchange those with only my closest friends. Really, you'd like that list again, you can go to the website. I don't know if I want to wait it again. Oh boy, a little sweat on you'd be. But you know, the feces of arm, with the breast milk, you got. You to have a certain relationship with somebody and for that to even happen, Well.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, though, you know, like at a golf tournament, if my partner had the ebola.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a warmish.
Speaker 3: Day and you get a little high five after making a birdie put all of.
Speaker 2: A sudden I got the evil e Well, don't high five a guy with a bola would be the well, he didn't know.
Speaker 1: We looked healthy. Damn you get sick pretty fast.
Speaker 2: The incubation period from the time of the infection to the onset of symptoms ranges from two to twenty one days, but usually toward the former, so within a couple of days of getting infected, you get pretty sick and.
Speaker 1: It goes fast.
Speaker 2: Symptoms usually start abruptly and progress through two main phases. This is for anybody listening right now who ends up with a bola. The early phase, the dry symptoms. I prefer the dry symptoms before I get to the wet symptoms. Wait a minute, Yes, sudden onset of fever, intense weakness and fatigue. I have that every day. Muscle and joint pain, headache and sore throat.
Speaker 1: I feel cold. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel kind of crappy at least, I don't know any wet symptoms.
Speaker 1: We did we did eat that monkey we found by the side of the road. I can't be it.
Speaker 2: The advance phase, the wet symptoms, vomiting and diarrhea, a rash, your kidney and liver stop working, and then internal and externing external bleeding. This can manifest and oozing from the gums, nipples, and both men and women.
Speaker 1: That would get my attention.
Speaker 3: Sometimes your ears, honey, you should really go to the doctor. You're bleeding from your nipples pretty much, wow, pretty much any of my own trust pretty much.
Speaker 2: Any orifice or orifice adjacent part of your body. Oh that starts to bleed, that could be like.
Speaker 1: Some of my favorite parts. Yeah, I don't know. Let's wait tomorrow and see if it goes well. It'll probably go away on its own. You're bleeding out of your eyeball.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, money you laughed to keep from me, and I'm passing out.
Speaker 1: It sounds horrible.
Speaker 2: Massive bruising under the skin from all the internal bleeding. Death is usually called caused by multi organ failure and severe dehydration. The average fatality rate for a bowl is fifty percent, though it has varied from twenty five percent to ninety percent and pasted outbreaks. It's hit villages and ninety percent of the people got it died, depending on.
Speaker 1: The strain and then the quality of care that you can get.
Speaker 2: But it u you, like you know, like we mentioned, you kind of got to really really come in contact with somebody to get it. So if it were airborne, obviously that would be a huge problem.
Speaker 1: But it is not. Oh goodness, six, Yeah, what was the what was the book? That movie was? Was that The Hot Zone? Is that writer? Was it out?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I think the book was called the Hot Zone. Maybe the movie was called Hot Zone. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I read the book Hot Zone. If you've never read that, holy crap.
Speaker 1: Is that a good book? Oh boy, oh boy, you don't want that?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, before we take a break, we got this for you. We have this now, Michael, I will set it up, but we have the joke.
Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will set up a joke from Saturday Night Live that I think you'll really really enjoy.
Speaker 3: But first, a quick word from our friends at Trust and Will. You've probably thought about this, you've said, man, we got to deal with that, but you haven't yet. Here's your chance to make a will and or a trust so your plans are known for your assets, your minor children, for goodness sakes with Trust and will. Trust and Will offers affordable attorney designed estate plans online that you can create in as little as thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was having conversations with family members over the weekend about a tweak to mine. But what you're trying to avoid is having the sort of situation that one tears families apart. I've known several families where brothers and sisters who had been friends their entire lives never speak to each other again, or all kinds of things over money or who gets the house, or who's gonna watch my kids or whatever it is. And you want to get that taken care of in little as thirty minutes. As Joe said, there are attorneys available if you need that help. It's state specific, tailored to your needs.
Speaker 3: Start it today, super encrypted, insecure, to great reviews online. Thousands of folks trust and Will affordable state plans, priceless piece of mind. Go to Trustinwill dot com Armstrong to get twenty percent off. That's Trustinwill dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Any the way, I was watching the news this morning, TV News, and it said, if you haven't seen the accident that happened at an air show, we've got that video for you. And I thought I've seen it five hundred times, so has everyone else who watches any news.
Speaker 2: If you follow any news, I don't know how we break out of this hottest YouTube video of the day. News coverage that we have going on television.
Speaker 1: But you won't. It won't happen. You don't think God, I dang it.
Speaker 2: Even when we're at war, the lead story is, what's the coolest video that we've got today? Did a train hit a truck crossing the track somewhere, or a plane crash or something, Even though nobody has heard anything, any exciting video.
Speaker 3: We can lead them, As I've said many times and I will continue to say it, if you assembled all the greatest philosophers in the history of mankind, from Ben Franklin to Jesus of Nazareth and you know, all sages in between, and said, all right, what do you think would happen if we put never ending entertainment in people's hands so they could entertain themselves at any moment all day long. Good for their souls, are bad for them? And now you know the news is trying to compete with that.
Speaker 2: I never did get to it on Thursday. Maybe I will today, but I teased it a couple of times. They did a study. Did you have to do a study? You need to quote the study. They did a study where adults put away their smartphones for two weeks, and every single one of them said they enjoyed their life more, they were happier.
Speaker 3: Is that a shock to a single human being? It's worth repeating, though, It's like this. Studies at the schools where the kids. I saw an interview with the teacher the other day over this some school district that finally adopted the no cell phones. The kids are happier, according to studies. No freaking kidding, they're learning better, they're happier.
Speaker 1: No kidding, really, Laura, I haven't been watching TikTok shorts. You'd already know that, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, jam this in before we take a break and get to mail bag. Saturday Night Live had its finale on Saturday Night. A couple of things that became apparent. One Will Ferrell is still one of the humans funniest human beings who ever lived.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: Paul McCartney is stealing from people at this point if he's charging tickets for his concerts, which is unfortunate because the last time he was on Saturday Night Live a couple of years ago, he did four songs and it was flip and awesome, two Beatles songs to Wing songs and it was so cool. This time, Oh, he can't sing anymore. He's a very old man. Did you watch any of that, Michael I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's eighty three years old, which is, you know, fine and good for you. Paul. You seem like an nice guy, but you can't sing anymore, so don't charge people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if great granddad wants to warble a couple of tunes around the piano in the parlor, that's fine, that's charming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, they also did as they always do on the season finale, where Colin Jost and Michael ja the two people that do the news.
Speaker 1: One is a white guy, when is a black guy.
Speaker 2: They write jokes for each other, and I had to mention the races because they write jokes for each other that will make the other one look bad or be uncomfortable saying the joke, and they tend to be racial, especially from Michael Chase. So he writes jokes as a black guy for the white guy Colin jos that would make him really uncomfortable telling them.
Speaker 1: And here was one of them. Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordan one Best Actor for his role in the vampire movie Sinners. A black vampire is just like a white vampire, except the only thing it sucks dry is the welfare scene.
Speaker 1: God admit I laughed really hard at that one.
Speaker 3: Well, I love that it, Oh, I really do. The only thing he sucked dry was the welfare stateeotype.
Speaker 5: We have got mailbag on the way stay here. You know in le fat the conversation that we usually have around that thing they do on Saturday Night Live where they write each other in appropriate jokes.
Speaker 2: It's so weird as a psychological twist. So he makes that joke. The crowd laughs like crazy at it. But you can't say it unless you present it as this is a joke. You shouldn't say what.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any that. That's what lots of jokes are.
Speaker 2: As Ricky Gervais has pointed out, and we've talked about many many times. The joke is I just said something inappropriate, and we're all laughing because we agree it's inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. They've just had in another.
Speaker 3: Because humor has long been it's okay to say things people aren't uncomfortable with because it's phrased as humor, and that's the way a lot of truth gets out. That's why every dictator can take anything but being laughed at. Humor has incredible power politically speaking, but so anyway, but so instead of that's been the reality forever. But now you've got to put one more layer to be politically correct. All right, now we're going to do jokes that you shouldn't do. And here it is, and then everybody give you permission to laugh.
Speaker 1: People didn't cry or march or nobody was hurt. It's so stupid, stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, here's your freedom. Long quote of the day.
Speaker 1: Comes from.
Speaker 3: The Great Russian Asker Act. You know, I'm reading and I'm talking. Author Gostayevski h talked about this before I left, But I just absolutely love this. Uh, when violent becomes fashionable, anything literally anything can be justified and more than likely will eventually be done. And therein lies the real horror that one can commit the foulest and most villainous act without being in the least a villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, radical, chic, revolutionary sheep. Well that's what I was thinking yesterday.
Speaker 2: After that, a little chick was flipping me off and mouthing whatever she was mouthing at me. Because I'm driving a Tesla. Some guy punches me in the head. Would she approve of that or not? Approve of that. Guarantee is she should approve of that? Yeah, and we're just like that far away from that sort of thing happening a lot, right, Yeah, yeah, mail Bag.
Speaker 3: Drops the note would your mail bag at Armstrong and getting dot com.
Speaker 1: I want to recognize, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, the many people who wrote lovely notes congratulating Katie and her hubby on the birth of their little baby Donovan. I'm so sorry I wasn't part of the official unveiling slash announcement on Thursday, but it sounds absolutely lovely.
Speaker 1: I've got to go back and listen to it.
Speaker 2: We had some great conversations that were charming and cute, and then also got to hear about all of her guts being taken out of her and laid onto the side and how our husband dealt with that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oliver Organs, I've.
Speaker 3: Witnessed a C section and it is something else you won't forget it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would watch, but her husband was happy to see her liver looked okay based on their lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing mine.
Speaker 3: So everybody, thank you so much for the notes, and we will pass them on mail Bag Armstrong and Getty dot Com got this from just Steve enjoyed Friday's Best of episode hearing the Ben SaaS piece again, but it made me wonder. We lament that good people do not run for Congress. But when someone good quote unquote does run and wins, like SaaS, he resigns before he finishes his term.
Speaker 1: We'll never know if he would have been primary.
Speaker 3: But what does it say about Sas that he cannot finish his term as senator, or what does it say about us politics. Being a politician in the United States since its founding means getting in the dirt and fighting hand to hand, and perhaps good people are not cut up out for that role. True to that, There may be some truth to that, Steve, But I think what Ben Sass would tell you is I'm supposed to get into the dirt and fight hand to hand for what to just raise money for the Republican Party to stay in power. There was nobody on I'm speaking for Ben Sass here, there was nobody on my team fighting for good legislation to ensure the long term stability of the country.
Speaker 1: So I got out it was useless.
Speaker 2: I think that's why a lot of decent people are leaving Congress is they don't try to legislate the big problems of the world anymore.
Speaker 1: So what am I doing? You know?
Speaker 3: And Steve, it's an interesting question somebody in a position like that saying there's no constituency here for that. I can find no co sponsors, no teammates. I'm wasting the precious years of my life tilting against windmills. Or should he keep tilting and trying to get attention and change the tide.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then the flip side is people who are like perfectly okay with I'm fine with my career being I'm a star on Twitter and go to rallies and people cheer me, and I stay in office.
Speaker 3: I don't need to accomplish anything. This is a cool life. I'm an influencer. I happen to be a congress person. Yeah, so I'm an influencer with a pension in healthcare. On speaking of healthcare, on the escape of the Wuhan virus, ferg and Chattanooga. Nice to hear the folks in chat Nuchola isn't reminding us, guys. It's been known that lab texts in China would take no longer needed lab test animals and sell them to the local wet.
Speaker 1: Markets for a little cash. Wow.
Speaker 3: The main test animal for the COVID virus was the tree shrew that has a very similar physiology to Americans. I'm sorry to humans. That might explain how the virus escaped the Wuhan labs and originally.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: I wonder And yes, he reminds us about how bad the lab security was there. We hammered that for years, and yet the US and news outlets are still massaging that part of the story of COVID.
Speaker 2: And you weren't for that, were you the CIA whistleblower that we played.
Speaker 1: I don't think you were here for that. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But so he gave all that testimony about the CIA believed it came out of the lab immediately, and then Fauci got involved, and somehow it all got squashed and turned to a different story. Really interesting testimony the day Trump lands in China. So who's behind orchestrating that, because obviously that story's gonna get obliterated in news coverage. I mean, that couldn't have been an accident. I mean, I was like one of the few days you could have guaranteed it gets no coverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is odd, very suspicious. I got another good one here, but no time will squeeze it in later.
Speaker 2: Cool, I'm gonna bring you up to speeding a whole bunch of stories from the weekend.
Speaker 1: Some of it funny, some of it troubling.
Speaker 2: Some of it will make you cry, some of it will make you WinCE if you miss a segment. Get the podcast Armstrong can get you undemand.
Speaker 1: The old Crying Wins sounds great. They too, looking forward to the stuff that makes you WinCE. Armstrong and Getty