Speaker 1: Hello, Andrew, Hey Champ, what's up sport?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Did can we go get ice cream?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Somebody I don't know where these two boys save two B.
Speaker 4: Serial Reviewing Cereal and Serious Killer Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to tell you what I just did.
Speaker 1: Did you just stop the recording?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I messed up and I stopped something and read So the song just came back on in the beginning. Don't worry about it. But hey, what's up? It's Serial Killers? Welcome to episode five? Hey, now, ninety five has a lot of meanings for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scotti, B I'm Andrew.
Speaker 3: Yes, And this is Serial Killers, the serial podcast where we think inside the box.
Speaker 1: He's still trying to make that happen. Ninety five episodes in.
Speaker 3: And we eat cereal.
Speaker 1: Yes, that so literally the podcast.
Speaker 3: It really is. And thank you for listening to this stuff.
Speaker 1: We hope this is a nice relief from the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope you're doing well and eating cereal. Oh hey Nate, Oh hey guy, Oh hi Nie Killer Hey Nate. Nineteen ninety five. Do you remember this song? You don't know this song? Who sings it?
Speaker 1: Sound Garden Collective Soul?
Speaker 3: You're close. They also had a great song called gel By Bye, here's your hand gel okay? So oh hey David Brody, Hi Brody, Hi, take care Harlem shake. Oh he's angry. I don't know what's going on there. So yeah, that was a big song in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: I love that song. Collective Souls dece Bay just let me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to see them live, No with live, actually what's live? It's another group that was a big alternative.
Speaker 1: When you answer your own questions, that's probably my favorite part of the podcast. No, I answer it as you you okay, yeah, so you're me? So can you just do?
Speaker 3: This was a big song ninety four five love song, the Drama.
Speaker 1: It sounds like every rose has story. No as a song, I well this song?
Speaker 3: You know I alone love you No? I alone?
Speaker 1: Can you can you fast forward the songs?
Speaker 3: How about Lightning Crashes? You know that one crashes?
Speaker 1: Can you just play the part of the song that plays the chorus, because all you do is play like the first four notes of the song, and you're like, do you know? Do you know? You don't know? No, idiot, of course I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is from when her placenta falls to the floor Green. I don't know what to tell you. What did you just play? The ports of the songs that I might know?
Speaker 3: I have to tell you because I didn't have time to produce stuff today. You were in here the whole time, and I like to do this when you're not here because I don't want you to hear what's coming up. Also late ninety four, early ninety five, okay.
Speaker 1: Forgotten not Joe, I've been man long time ago.
Speaker 3: Where did you come from? Where did you go? Where did you come from?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 1: I used to dance like this. I'n't been man. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I didn't know because as Also in nineteen ninety five, I lived in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Speaker 1: Okay, now what haau is the damn story? Because you always go into this like I lived in sus I did that very long time.
Speaker 3: No, I never said full year. I was there for ten months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember when you were like, yeah, they used to stock the passover shows.
Speaker 3: You were there for.
Speaker 1: One ten months, not even one full year as if you're a resident.
Speaker 3: Well before I got my fake ID in Iowa, oh boy, I used to dance to Cotton Eye Joe at Club Soda. I okay, right over by the Lynndale mall. Okay, yeah, well, Club Soda was a club for kids that weren't twenty one club.
Speaker 1: First of all, anyone Soda twenty one. Just being called a kid sounds just so bad of you.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: It was young whippers snappers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh it's also I loved the Cotton Eye Joe. I'm not gonna lie. That made the school dances the best.
Speaker 3: And it's still like a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I feel like that's what we need to do. We need to come up with a serial song that lasts that can be played at weddings, bar mitzvah's birthday parties. You name it. I want it there.
Speaker 3: The Cereal song, Yeah, think.
Speaker 1: About it, because you know. The other one is the Cupid Shuffle.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean I've probably heard it, but I don't know the name.
Speaker 1: Damn, damn, do Yo dance, Do Yo dance. We got up for a new dance.
Speaker 3: Okay, Also the Cupid Shuffle?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Also nineteen ninety five. The year I started here at Z one hundred, New York, June fifteen, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a year you were you lived in Iowa for so long and then so much so that you moved back to New York to be at C one hundred.
Speaker 3: I was in Iowa from I would say, June of ninety four to May of ninety five.
Speaker 1: You make it seem like you did a tour some place, like at a good time, dude.
Speaker 3: I was an eighteen year old. But what the hell did I know? I was driving around corn Country and then I got to Z one hundred. This is the first song I heard. I said, I love HOODI and the Blow you can't call me Offul, I want to buy around. That's also your Dave Matthews and uh, they all fit into one category, mesh together, that one and the guy.
Speaker 1: I do, the one never let her love when you let her go? And you let her go.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know, Andrew was fantastic at impressions. In one of these days, he's going to host his own impressionist podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Vegas.
Speaker 3: I think you should know they're closed.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's serial Killers here we are, and let's eat some cereal. We have someone had one.
Speaker 1: Cup of seal. How twenty minutes into this episode are.
Speaker 3: We we haven't. But so I told you that this is just gonna the next couple episodes are just gonna be a mishmash of crap that we have laying around. Yea, So we have to thank our friend Caroline I believe she's from Yes, No, I'm sorry. We have to thank our friend Jamie from Virginia because a couple of months ago she sent us a box of cereal and we haven't gotten to all of them yet. So now we have no choice but to break out Jamie's cereal and the ones that are left in the box all from Leedle, that supermarket change you know, parts of the country, but not all.
Speaker 1: I feel like we had a Letle cereal.
Speaker 3: We did have a little cereal. We had cinnamon cruncher things, the crunchy cereal things, and your children. The names of their cereals are so ingenious. They really come up with some wonderful names, like this one, for instance, which is the fake cookie crisp You ready cookie cereal? It's just cookie cereal. And is that a hippo that hips a hippo playing a guitar playing hippo? Oh hold on here the hip hippo play for us? Please look that's what he's playing.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is the one walk upon?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah. Can I tell you something funny. I was in Iowa when that song was big. That was in ninety four, and I had a girlfriend. She was from Long Island and she came out to see me and we were like so like, oh, I love you everything, and she got a license plate just for me that said hold my hand. It was hld M y h n D And then we broke up, like a month later, she has this license plate.
Speaker 1: She's like, damn it.
Speaker 3: So she had to get that reverted back.
Speaker 1: That, kids, is a lesson to never get a decorative license plate.
Speaker 3: Or a tattoo with someone's name on it.
Speaker 1: Did she do that too?
Speaker 3: No, but just hey, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So this is Cookie Cereal. It looks like cookie Crisp. It's a very fat box. It's it's much wider.
Speaker 1: You just know the bag is going to be tiny.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on here, and what is that?
Speaker 2: Amazing?
Speaker 3: It doesn't even tell you. Is that a maze on the back? Yeah, it looks like some sort of maze.
Speaker 1: Well, which is the front and which is the back?
Speaker 3: That's the front here because all the all the cookies, all the ingredient, not the ingredients, but the all the yes, all the nutrition facts are there on the front bi letal, sweetened wheat, and corn cereal enlarged to show detail. And this is a serving suggestion. So what you should do is you should get a hippopotamus dressed up in a leather jacket and a guitar and have him serenade you over a bowl of the cereal with milk splashing out. You don't laugh at all, I mean it says serving suggestion. All it is is a bowl of cereal and there's a hippo playing a guitar over it. What's like a famous hippo hungry hungry? Okay, besides them, is there any other famous hippo and pop culture? I'm sure there's some cartoon that was ahip.
Speaker 1: He would have like the most obvious, like bless nickname, like instead of hungry hungry hippos, this hippo would be on like thirsty thirsty hippos. He has to have a name. It's somewhere in this box.
Speaker 3: Dude, the cereal doesn't even have an n He certainly doesn't.
Speaker 1: Leedle wouldn't do that. To us or Leedle would because oh it's a product of Germany. His name is Hans's.
Speaker 3: Exactly Hans the hip hop. All right, here we go. It's cookie CeAl, it's skim plus. We're using the lactose free. But it tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: It tastes like a probably one to two percent because it's a little creamier. I don't know how they do it. Are you getting in there?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: Two three?
Speaker 1: It's like if you stripped away everything I like about cookie crisp. Unluck me with this.
Speaker 3: It's a strange consistency. Reminds me a little bit more of the chips away ones.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: After taste is not good. No two bowls in a spoon, maybe even two bowls yet two bowls? Not a fan?
Speaker 3: Sorry, legal, This isn't really even a good stand in for cookie crisp, the cinnamon cruncher things that actually was very similar to Semon's hoast crunch.
Speaker 1: This did not hit the mark. Two bowls, Yeah, not good. It dries out very fast in my mouth. It's like a wafer, I tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: I feel like they bought a surplus of packing peanuts and put some fake chocolate chips on them.
Speaker 1: I actually don't disagree it is.
Speaker 3: That's what's going on there. All right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, guys, I'm not taking this into quarantine with me.
Speaker 3: But Jamie, thank you very much. And we will have another legal cereal coming soon with a fancy name, because there's four more.
Speaker 1: Let me think. Okay, so what could they call Lucky Charms? That would basically just.
Speaker 3: Be marshmallow mellows. All right, so now again passover coming soon. Okay, it's on the way.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Our friend Kaya sent us two cereals. Remember she sent us the NuGet filled pillow one, Yeah, and she said like filled pillow, NuGet filled pillow, that's what it was called.
Speaker 1: That's the legal off brand.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this cereal comes from our friend in Momsey, New York. And so going down here, and you saw this one already, so I'll just break it out. Bunch o Crunch is the name of this cereal from Kemach. That's the company, Kemach. They have a little wheat as their logo and it's called Bunch of Crunch, an excellent source of seven vitamins and minerals. And I'm going to tell you what I think this cereal is close to Yeah, so for that, we're gonna have to take a quick trip.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you said this in the last thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what's coming now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go.
Speaker 3: You have to go every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Take me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go every once in a while. We have to go. Listeners like it.
Speaker 1: Serial Killers visits the cereal Gray. That's Scotty. Tell you about a cereal that's not made anymore. Contrere m frere. I thought it was o contrere monfrere whatever. I don't know the words, but so you're still cultured. The cereal i'm about to describe to you came out in nineteen seventy okay, it is a Quaker cereal and it lasted into the early two thousands.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Currently, from what I hear, it is only made in small batches and only once a year, and once the supply is diminished, that's it. It's gone and you can't get it. I saw a box of this on Amazon probably eight months ago, and I should have bought it. It was twenty dollars. But this cereal is it's classic. You've probably never heard of it before. I'm gonna play a commercial.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: No, maybe you'll remember this commercial. You won't, and nor will I. Because this is from the early seventies. I haven't previewed it yet. Let's see what it sounds like. It's creepy.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna stop it anyway. So it's called King Vitamin. I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 3: Yes, not King Vitamin, King Vita Man. It started as King Vitamin, but the FDA was like, no, you can't call this vitamins, and so they had to change it to King Vita Man.
Speaker 1: And there was the seventies. This is vitamin cereal, it's good for you.
Speaker 3: There was a creepy king. He was the face of it. His name was George Mann, and he was a creepy king, and then he died and it became a cartoon king. So the cereal again is still around. At times you could find it, but it's very elusive. So one of these days I'm going to find it and we're gonna try it. But this cereal looks pretty close to it, because I've seen pictures of the cereal. So anyway, let's dive into a bunch of crunch. This is the kosher cereal. I'm our friend, Kaya, and you've got your shirt. Kaya. If you want to receive a shirt too, just send us a direct message and tell us you want to send us some cereal and we'll give you the address and if we try it on the show, t shirts all around. Hey, all right, it actually looks like mini capt'n Crunch. Tell me if I'm wrong. Yeah, it looks like little baby cap'n Crunches. It would be baby cap'n Crunch.
Speaker 1: Captain. Oh sorry, captain, that's what the creepy King would say. I don't know what the creepy King is taking people to.
Speaker 3: All right, so here we go skim plus.
Speaker 1: Ninety approved King Vita Man. Yeah, hey kids, this cereal is good for you. Also, I was Scotty's gym T shirt.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what, you have to go back and listen to episode ninety two if you want to know that man is a very strong smell. Sorry ninety three. All right, I like this smells like cap'n Crunch. Here you got ready?
Speaker 1: What's really.
Speaker 3: Yeah? It really is? What are you making faces for? This is cap'n Crunch. It's not quite as sweet but as cap'n Crunch and doesn't.
Speaker 1: She'll taste it's more cheese doodle. It's very corny cheese doodle. Corny cheese doodle. I bet there's corn in it. There is corn in it, But I'm saying it tastes like a cheese doodle.
Speaker 3: It doesn't taste like a cheat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I tell you what. One of these days, I'm gonna totally surprise you and cut up freaking Chester cheetah and cut them up and put them in a cup, and you're gonna eat that with milk.
Speaker 1: Do you know who can tell the difference between a Cheeto, a Cheeta Cheetos? Yeah, Cheetos and cheese doodles. It's this guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll have that test one day when we do our snack podcast. First ingredient yellow corn flour. Wow, I just cut off everything I was trying to say. What happened?
Speaker 1: Flaming hot Cheetos are the best? Just as an FYI they had that.
Speaker 3: New Cheeto popcorn or something like that.
Speaker 1: I saw that in the story. I wanted to buy it.
Speaker 3: Kids like it? All right, this is not bad. This is a remnant. Three bowls if not in frunt at all. I'm also gonna do three balls, so it's not terrible, thank you very much. Turns the milk very yellow and I'm guessing very sweet, and most of the sugar probably permeated from the cereal into the milk.
Speaker 1: Definitely, And that's where it's all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna go to opposite end of the spectrum. Oh boy, from the this is this is the battle of the religions. Oh boy, from the Kosher cereal going down to the cereal set. Oh Ezekiel, it's another Ezekiel. Oh boy, this is the original one. So it's gonna be really disgusting again. From our friend Jen in the sales department, Thank you much. Sprouted grain crunchy cereal. Ezekiel four nine, original cool, straight out of the Holy Scriptures.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I love Holy Cereal.
Speaker 3: The live grain difference, like these things are alive. As soon as you eat them, or they're alive.
Speaker 1: It activates in your stomach and digates such a reaction.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then you grow bugs in your belly. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like if they were to advertise on TV, it'd be like Ezekiel four nine the taste Jesus loves, or like the taste God can see. I feel like that's a good slogan too.
Speaker 3: That would be a great line. This biblical cereal is truly the staff of life. Geez us. Okay, all right, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Let it be known I went to a Catholic school for.
Speaker 3: Like twelve years, and let it be known I went to a Hebrew school for like six years.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, that's fine, gotta.
Speaker 3: Get bar mits. But this looks like grape nuts, but broken up grape nuts, not grainberry. No, no, no, broken up grape nuts, grape berry. It actually looks like a wheat germ. Do you remember, like back in the eighties. No, I wasn't bowing, but wheat germ was all the rage, and you'd buy these jars of wheat german like, put them in yogurt and stuff.
Speaker 1: I really don't even need to be here for this podcast. You could talk to yourself for twenty minutes. I swear, all right, Oh no.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't have done this last because this is gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we went from like sweet to sweet to like dull. Yeah, I mean you always know that goes bed for us.
Speaker 3: By the way, you could still get a zekil on the shelves in the supermarkets it's there because nobody's buying it. That's a last resort.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I really did enjoy our listeners sending us pictures of their supermarket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep sending them, keep sending them.
Speaker 1: It's obviously a very scary time, but seeing your supermarkets unites us. All.
Speaker 3: Yes, just send us a picture from the cereal aisle and let us see what's left. Oh, by the way, did you hear moments ago when I said, last resort, cut my life into pieces. This is my last resort. Okay, stop vocation, no meating, of course you know that.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hopefully there's a touch of sugar left on the spoon. What the hell, I don't know. I'm gonna put this in the bird feeder ready, one? Two?
Speaker 2: Three? Ruh yeah, no, no, huh uh eh.
Speaker 3: This is like the all brand buds, but not even oh, distrusting.
Speaker 1: It's like tangy.
Speaker 3: It's okay it for a second because you kind of get some of that sugar that comes out with the milk. But it's gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah gross, No, No, that is not holy.
Speaker 3: That is the sin Jesus.
Speaker 1: I cast it to hell.
Speaker 3: This is terrible.
Speaker 1: The power price compels yourice compels you.
Speaker 3: No, nothing in here but ingredients, organic sprouted wheat, filtered water, organic malted barley, sprouted barley.
Speaker 1: No, just don't like it.
Speaker 3: Lentils, no soy beans. No, there's no sugar in here at all.
Speaker 1: I hate it. Oh I don't like that cereal.
Speaker 3: I will give it a spoon just because it's a but not really barely.
Speaker 1: At first, I really wanted to be like, oh, I'm going to be innovative and give like I can get through the bad taste. But then it just got worse and worse.
Speaker 3: If you find yourself at home with nothing to eat, please direct message us and we will send you our ease eical cereal.
Speaker 1: No we won't. I'm not going to do that to anybody.
Speaker 3: Oh it's terrible.
Speaker 1: I'll find one of the cereals from the vault and send you that instead.
Speaker 3: Notice the dove on the front of the box is not even eating this crap. It's eating a leaf that.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have that too. You know, doves are goods are good in all religions. I'm sure they are. Yeah. All right, Well, thanks for listening to Serial Killer. Sorry we ended on that note.
Speaker 1: That was gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, and wondering if there's anything else from ninety five that we can.
Speaker 1: I almost like personally want to write a letter to Food for Life Incorporated and tell them that this is not even edible.
Speaker 3: Yes, take out your pen and your little notepad, write them a letter. I'll get you a stamp. How much is a stamp? Andrew?
Speaker 1: Fifty six?
Speaker 3: Fifty five? Almost you're close, and you write them a letter.
Speaker 1: Six. I always thought it was just a weird number.
Speaker 3: You write them a letter.
Speaker 1: Dear mister Food for Life.
Speaker 3: Questions or comments, please send us an email or call us. No more addresses done.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give him a call. Hey, I just want to tell you I ate your cereal and I hated it.
Speaker 3: Do you know this is bio checked and it's non life fossate certified? What is that? Even?
Speaker 1: You're asking the wrong person.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. This has been episode ninety five. It's Scotti B that's Andrew. Please follow us on all social media platforms. Ye, serial Killer's PC. That's cereal with a C.
Speaker 1: Yes, what else am I supposed to say? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Tell them the subscribing things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, subscribe. We really like reading your review use. It's easy to subscribe. You just click it and then you leave us a review five stars. That's always great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, write a review though. We like reading those. They're very cool. There's so many hilarious ones. Three hundred percent. We really appreciate it now that you're like stuck home with your kids and you can write stuff. What. Yeah, that's that's your project. You know what your homeschooling project is, have your child write a review of Serial Killers and post it on iTunes over there, and we hope that that iTunes.
Speaker 1: It's on iTunes. That's also on Google Podcasts. There's like a million.
Speaker 3: I don't think I don't think you can write reviews on any other platform other than apps. Stitcher you can, Oh, okay, I'll have to get on Stitcher. You know all the kids are doing all the kids are doing on Yeah. Well, we hope you have a wonderful and a safe weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, stay inside. Yeah, we know this is not a great time for anybody right now, but we just hope that you know you're enjoying the podcast. We hope we can give you a couple of little laughs here and there. Ha ha ha oh. Thanks Scott, all right, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on Monday with a fresh new episode ninety six because we love you, a.
Speaker 1: Fresh new episode. Until then, crunch, which you got to that. I'm not eating it and you can take it. I'll bring it home to my mom. Your mom should not even be eating that.