Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene one Olegen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Hey you guys, it's us.
Speaker 2: We're back for another episode season five of OMG.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, we've been gone a minute, but we're back. We had some scheduling Shenanigan's going on, but we're gonna make it up to you, guys. We promise, thanks for hanging in there with us.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make it up because we're gonna be so awesome this episode that you're gonna be like, oh, forget all were gone.
Speaker 1: We are talking about episode three of season five, a clean slate, aired September twenty first, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Donna and Kelly get a rude awakening when Claire moves into the beach house. Valerie makes Dylan her new bed buddy, and Deshaun defends Brandon and Josh meets a tragic.
Speaker 1: Ending directed by Bethany Rooney, written by Richard Golance. I know you're gonna do it, so I'm gonna beat you to it. What the heck with the ending? I mean, this is proof that I've never watched the show, didn't know that was gonna happen. Didn't see that coming. All fairness, I didn't know either. You didn't remember, no, see people, we never watched the show boy Shash is dead. He burned up to a crisp in a car, just like Dylan's dad. Oh, I didn't realize that. Oh my gosh, what does that mean? Something? I don't know. It's a thing.
Speaker 3: I have a flag on the play Okay, what is it not a flag? A question? Okay? And maybe I'm just seeing it with my eyes because I knew what happened at the end. The subliminal mentions of what a bad driver he was? Did those flare you guys up when you were hearing them? Like, why do they keep mentioning what a terrible driver this guy is and what a bad car he has?
Speaker 2: Well, only because you told us, you said, something's going to happen to Josh, you told Jen and I you did.
Speaker 3: But you're right.
Speaker 1: The the tipping of the like he's a bad driver comments did so it was sort of foreshadowing. And then so right when he goes out and Brandon doesn't get in the cart, and then it all start to make sense, and I was like, oh my god, something bad's about to happen.
Speaker 3: Do you think it would have been better? And again, I know I'm watching this knowing what happened, so I don't remember if the first time I was like, oh, I didn't see that coming. I feel like they didn't need to say you're such a bad driver or your car sucks, because I would have rather been just fully shocked. Yeah, it's kind of a thing though, to do that they school.
Speaker 1: I think that's called laying the pipe.
Speaker 3: Is that it's called, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Laying the pipe is taking a poop, No.
Speaker 1: No, different kind of pipe that's colled light, laying the pipe, like you're it's the lead up, the build up, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we do see it a lot in the show, you know, we're we're certainly seeing it with Valerie and Dylan, which all.
Speaker 1: You know what we never saw before though, what the inside of the Walsh's garage. We didn't Oh my Brenda is excited Valeries going through Brenda's boxes.
Speaker 3: That is actually true.
Speaker 1: We've seen the outside well like when they play basketball, right, you ever seen the inside?
Speaker 3: We have to talk about that at length, But I think that they it would have been better if they just suddenly had that car accident and we would have all been like, especially on the rewatch, it's like I don't need all those hints and Brandon should have almost gotten in.
Speaker 1: So what happened like it was in an accident.
Speaker 2: Someone planned that, Like I guess he's just a brag driver and he went the wrong way to a truck.
Speaker 1: I don't know which you guys, they did shoot right outside our sound stages on Calvert Avenue was it Avenue? And on Calvert Street?
Speaker 3: Oh street?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Calvin, like, because that's a pretty big stunt for nine O two one.
Speaker 1: Oh nope, no recollection.
Speaker 3: Because we have I mean, we know they can do it right. It's not our first sort of car bomb explosion crash, but it was pretty major, fully fire. And I get why they're doing it because now why I don't get us. Oh, he's won the election and they've won, so he's gonna be the president, becomes president.
Speaker 1: Oh they had to do it that way. This is so traumatic for Brandon. How can you like? Why? This is a lot for How did you think Kelly is?
Speaker 3: I thought Kelly could have given us a little more emotion. I don't want to judge Jenny.
Speaker 1: But judge she was.
Speaker 3: You okay, and I'm like, why are they not all like freaking out?
Speaker 2: Well, he kind of wasn't freaking out either, though, Yeah, everybody was. Nobody was.
Speaker 1: I think everybody was in shock. I was in shock watching it, so I felt like it was like, I felt like they were in shock. And I felt, honestly like when Kelly walked up to him at the end and she was I don't know why she had to deliver that information right then and there, but obviously to button up the episode. Uh, but it just was so weird. You're right, But I felt like everybody was in shock, and I felt like Kelly didn't know what to say or how to say. What do you say in that situation?
Speaker 3: I don't know that you say, oh, by the way, you won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you don't say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Yeah, that's not the best thing to say.
Speaker 3: As nine O two one oh goes. I love every second of it. If I'm in reality, it was completely asked backwards, like what is happening?
Speaker 1: Thank God it's not reality then.
Speaker 3: Because no one's rushing, no one's crying, no one's.
Speaker 1: He's gone, it's over. It slights out for Josh, poor guy, but no one really liked him anyway.
Speaker 3: That poor guy sort of got a story going back to just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if he knew we should have him on. I wonder if he knew this was coming, or like, I want to know how he felt about it.
Speaker 3: So I actually will say this. We have reached out to him and he was totally willing to come on. But he doesn't remember any of it. Oh No, I was like, I don't know that that's going to actually be interesting.
Speaker 1: How do you not remember dying in a fiery core wreck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm dying on nine o two one. Oho, you'd think that that would really stay with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he has to come on. I'm intrigued. There must be something.
Speaker 1: Will jog his memory.
Speaker 2: Oh I used to do is rewatch one episode.
Speaker 1: All come flooding back to him.
Speaker 3: He really got prominent. You know, all of season five, he's been a major character. Obviously they knew what they were doing because he's been so present.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, I mean I was I'm I forgive me please, Josh. But I was real bored with the storyline of politics, like I'm with you. No, maybe I'm not like politically inclined. So I don't like politics, especially these days. But even then, our characters in that scene, Donna and Kelly, in that scene where they're talking for twenty minutes, the longest scene epoch, we look so bored I could even hide it.
Speaker 2: Nope, Well you have to like politics now because you're the first lady. You just became the first lady.
Speaker 1: Where are you gonna wear to my inaugural? Yeah, ceremony.
Speaker 3: You guys didn't feel like, Yeah, go Brandon when there's like the theater and it's the big debate or speeches or whatever, and then Josh is late again.
Speaker 1: Because of his car, felt nothing.
Speaker 3: And then Brandon get wins over the crowd.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel that he won them over. He didn't, right, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: It was more speech.
Speaker 1: Ever, yeah, I was not interested in any of it, So sorry to everyone that was. I just wanted to go back to the pool hall. I wanted to see Valerie.
Speaker 3: So should we talk about that or go back to the beginning. What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the beginning, because okay, I just have a question. Was why were her pants unbuttoned?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jenny, Thank you?
Speaker 1: Jenny was that a thing that we did. We unbutton our pants, Thank you.
Speaker 3: So much, because I literally wrote, was that a thing?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that being a thing. I thought maybe she'd just gone to the bathroom and forgot to button up. I missed it. I did not see this.
Speaker 3: So in the garage, she's opening the boxes, right, she's always got a little bit of a crop top going. That was her look and her Levi's they looked like Levi's are unbuttoned at the top.
Speaker 2: Buttoned and folded over or just no, oh see that's that was a thing.
Speaker 3: But I'm not gonna lie. I have to do that with my jeene shorts these days.
Speaker 2: Because just say you're on trend. Yeah you want to be like that so fit.
Speaker 1: So yes, my big burning question for this episode that hair flip I have?
Speaker 3: How did she get that hair flip?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She has the signature bob like, yeah, look with it. She has a very distinct look her characters so far, which is good and it's different than everybody else's.
Speaker 3: And I like her look. I don't a lot of other people. I don't like her behavior.
Speaker 1: Right, she's a schemester. She is like scheming all over the place.
Speaker 3: And why like, what's her endgame?
Speaker 2: Just her?
Speaker 1: That's just her her at her DNA.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to gag and barf at the sort of a double entendres between.
Speaker 1: I liked it all the sex like like it was just like, come on, like every word out of your mouth has to be a sexual innuindo or with Jake it was the same, like those scenes remember a little bit. It wasn't maybe it was had those elements. It was felt like a lot more. I don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Was, but I got to say when I started seeing her act this way though, I tried to put myself back in that mode of only knowing her from Staved by the Bell and Kelly on Saved by.
Speaker 1: The Bell who was so sweet and popular, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, Valerie is a badass, Like she's yeah, she's mean, and she's this.
Speaker 3: Point good point Tori. Like that that Tiffany or the writers or whoever really wanted to create someone so different than the character that the audience knew her ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was really good at playing Kelly Kopowski the sweet Yeah. I never watched it except for your episode the Sweetest Girl on Save by the Bell, But then yeah, for her to be able to then go to this character. Is it that's she's doing a great job with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think yeah, because I I watch her cooking videos Tiffany's, and she's she's actually more Kelly Kapowski. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, yeah, definitely know that like the character of Valerie. Yeah, she excelled at that character. So when I saw her acting this way, I was like, yes, bring it on, because there's no one else like that on the show.
Speaker 1: Right right. I thought when she said I want a man to ache for me, awful, that was great. You like that one?
Speaker 2: No, not that one, Not that one.
Speaker 3: She just wrote so many times on my papers. And then she looks at the picture of Dylan.
Speaker 1: Oh, why is the picture signed.
Speaker 2: Like an autograph?
Speaker 1: It's like a it's like an eight by ten that he gave his girlfriend autograph. Yeah, I love you so much.
Speaker 3: There were so many pictures themselves marks. Why whoever has done that? Ever?
Speaker 1: No one? She smokes with Marlborough red it's too I didn't notice that good. I at the end of the episode, I was like, damn girl.
Speaker 3: Also, Jim's venomous hate for Dylan is a bit jarring. To me too, Like I get it. We're all we're all mad, but like Jim, this was his son to him, and now he's just keep it that.
Speaker 2: Way, like and we needn't know it.
Speaker 4: Keep it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like we don't hate him.
Speaker 1: They had a bad breakup.
Speaker 3: And no one knows yet if I'm right that Dylan has no money.
Speaker 1: We know that Phil right, only dyl Wig knows that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have another thing that I pray Jenny you noticed, because I feel you would. So then we get to the scene in the See You Quad and there's like a big waterfall. Did you guys possibly notice the two extras banging each other over the head with their books?
Speaker 1: No, were they like fooling around.
Speaker 3: I don't know what their direction possibly could have been. It was obviously like they were prominent extras because they had to walk from the grass across camera to the other side of the scene. And I don't even know if anyone else was in the scene, but they are just bebopping with those books, like almost like you're playing the flirty couple. But the extra's way of flirting was bop on the head.
Speaker 1: It was so funny. They took your attention. My note. That's so funny that you say that, because my note for this episode was that the background actors were so good, like so believable that it just made me realize like how vital they were to all these scenes with all these young people in them. And you know, we could have all been just effing around not paying attention, like being silly because we were all young. But these these background actors really like brought the energy and all. You know, they brought the parameters for the scene to take place, and it couldn't have been the way it was without such a great.
Speaker 3: So you're right, because you wouldn't believe it if there wasn't these students in all these big scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I believed that this is happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe there was an election also, like that this is real and there's a lot of these kids on campus.
Speaker 2: Well, good thing because we're standing there and sitting there board board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like why am I in the scene? Like so good thing?
Speaker 3: I want to go carrying it. Water feature. You guys know what at CU there's like in the quad this big water feature and I don't know if we've seen it before. I hadn't noticed it before with a big statue and I'm sure it exists. Hmmm, I need.
Speaker 1: To go on the I don't remember it there. This one, there was.
Speaker 3: A lot of sort of big scenes because David, who suddenly has become a television news producer cameraman, was.
Speaker 1: All to his roots. I thought he was yawning.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand until he actually sneezed that he was like trying to hold in a sneeze.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is he doing?
Speaker 2: That's the worst yawn But then it was a sneeze.
Speaker 1: So remember the very, the very the pilot, he was the guy with the video camera all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ran back to his roots, and he's not a great fake sneezer. Both important takeaways.
Speaker 1: Want you're on camera right now because I want you. I want to see you do a fake sneeze.
Speaker 3: You guys, my camera's broken and I'm actually sneezes.
Speaker 1: Are so hard. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 1: You get the part you won for cute Somewhere.
Speaker 3: Between sneezing and I dream of Genie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was adorable. Okay, well, Gamy, you're it go true. Oh my god, that's if you like spelled it out. Like phonetically spelled it out.
Speaker 3: Poor Andrea.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I thought that was going to lead us into snoring the Clare up, oh Clare line.
Speaker 1: No, it's a good leading.
Speaker 3: Let me say it. I'm sorry I screwed it up. But what happened? What did Claire do a sneeze line?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I was just thinking we can go to that storyline because sneezing. And then, oh my god, the snoring blow Is that actually Kathleen snoring?
Speaker 1: She recorded that or somebody.
Speaker 2: Like the blow up doll with the hairy chest.
Speaker 1: It was the gim Walsh of blow up dolls. They're fighting over it, which is weird.
Speaker 3: Where did they even find that blow up doll?
Speaker 1: You can they didn't?
Speaker 3: Then, I don't know, like that seemed. You know these days you can get really really blow up dolls.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, like whoa an atomically correct ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Aren't there? Like, isn't that a whole thing?
Speaker 1: It's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's not my but and it's like silicones. So it feels like skin am I reaching here?
Speaker 1: Okay, we yeah, I got I think this is so gross.
Speaker 3: Wait, let's go and talk about Claire suddenly being the roommate. Like, Okay, what huh? Like again for the show?
Speaker 2: Too convenient?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so convenient, but it's always that way. What is Kelly was a cute little storyline, like a cute little roomy storyline. She moves in, she snores. That's cute. I like seeing those three girls together.
Speaker 2: Me too, But I honestly felt nervous that you guys weren't going to get along like I took like watching it. I felt like real tory, like we are they going to like each other? I hope they like each other. I want them to be friends.
Speaker 3: I just love that Kelly sort of laid down the law like I'm with him for real now boom, and then it was like, Okay, I don't like him anymore. Anyway, this is great, let's be roommates.
Speaker 2: Right, it would never happen, and ones I knew I wouldn't put you in that position, like that would be weird.
Speaker 1: I think Kelly confident enough that she and she knows Claire's younger, like I feel like she's confident enough to get I think you're right, she doesn't care.
Speaker 2: I know, but like could be weird. What if she's lying? What if she did all of it just to.
Speaker 1: Like, ooh, that'd be a good starline.
Speaker 3: That's actually more believable than val Antics. It's just so bizarre. But what I did love the pink cheerleader skirt outfit with the black and white stripes.
Speaker 1: But the clips, the baby clips any even you don't like the baby hair clips anymore? I do.
Speaker 2: I don't like the usage of them in this episode. A lot of the placement was not my favorite, right.
Speaker 3: It was so I didn't even notice the clips because I was so into the outfit that college kids are wearing that outfit now. Literally, I just watched all the rush tiktoks and they're all wearing that.
Speaker 2: Exactly, all progressing like now we're like mid nineties.
Speaker 1: Right, mid nineties.
Speaker 3: There's the fashion something, but it's like fashion I don't know. So, okay, do we keep going unclear? Would you guys like to talk about for Andrea who they can't give a storyline?
Speaker 1: Nope? I just feel like Andrea is having, you know, a pretty normal post partum identity crisis. This happens to our women. Yeah, she says, I used to be the editor. Now I'm a mom. That's what I am.
Speaker 3: Oh, Actually that was sort of ahead of its time.
Speaker 1: Mm hm true. I feel like talking about that, but but we I don't think we ever really dive into that because it's not you know, I know two one oe right right?
Speaker 3: That that should that should be one of our new words. He should be in the dictionary. It's just that she she's like upset because Brandon's not listening to her. But then ultimately she actually sort of did have the idea, why would Brandon not make her like the campaign manager? It's like, right, that's the part that's confusing. I mean, like we all know she's smart and would be great at this.
Speaker 1: Maybe when Brandon becomes the president, she can become the vice president. Is that going to happen?
Speaker 3: Amy, I'm answering it. I'm mad at myself that I sort of ruined the Josh Richeland thing.
Speaker 2: Is that what you just ruined it?
Speaker 1: I really wanted you all to be just you didn't ruin it for me. Okay, Either I wasn't listening to you, or you remember she said that you said it.
Speaker 3: It was a surprised does Kelly drink shasta? Was that a shasta in your hand? I meant to go back and screen grab. I'm like, is she drinking a Shasta.
Speaker 1: Remember those shasta was so good?
Speaker 2: That was green apple flavors.
Speaker 1: I was there a strawberry Shasta because I think there was a Welsh strawberry soda for that one. Shasta though, was like was it cola flavored?
Speaker 3: Was more like Shasta.
Speaker 2: They had Schasta cola but like flavored ones too for sure, So.
Speaker 3: It was like could knock off of like coke and pepsi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what they would do with that? They would wrap the cans usually right or that they would They had the prop people have, you know, sleeves that they put on, whether it's a water bottle, a can, whatever, so that the we don't have to pay that. You know. They didn't have a deal with pepsi or whatever, so they couldn't show that. The real kid would call it like greeky.
Speaker 3: Oh so maybe it was just like the Greek it out and was wrapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Her storyline, I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen happened to Andrea, but I think that would be a good storyline for her. Is that gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They need to give her something. The one who I.
Speaker 2: Just love that I think, but you didn't answer. She's going to be vice president. Oh my gosh, please please just a hint, give a hint.
Speaker 3: Nope. But the cuting that I love is Dashaun and I love the Donna Deshon. I really think that was a mess up.
Speaker 1: Well, there wasn't a lot of Donna Deshan in this episode, right, you're talking about the last episode.
Speaker 3: No, in this one where Donna says I'll go talk to him and then DeShawn comes in and saves the day.
Speaker 1: Oh right, we don't see her talk to him though, right.
Speaker 3: Correct, But we just know that they have this relationship, and I'm like, why that should have been a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remembered us being a couple, like we date it. No, No, you never do, really, but why I don't? Why do I remember it?
Speaker 1: Maybe you're thinking because you danced with him or went to the dance with him or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought it like went on a little bit like something you have this sort.
Speaker 3: Of relationship, Yeah, because you're like, I'll go talk to him, Like nobody can convince DeShawn but Donna, because it's almost like they've got a thing for each other, but it's never fully whatever the word is it doesn't be come a couple.
Speaker 1: Nope, didn't. But what about him calling out like the people in that room, calling them a racists?
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Deshawn's rad. Yeah, he's so rad and he does, but he's kind of don't you think he's kind of calling Brandon racist a little bit too? No, I just took it because Brandon was one of the people that was But Brandon said that he had was intelligent to pass the course.
Speaker 3: Like see, I saw it differently. I felt like Brandon was the one that said, do the work and you'll pass. I'm not taking this test for you. I'm not cheating for you. I'm not doing that. But I'll help you study and you'll know this material and pass these classes or hit that one class or whatever. Seemed like the other people didn't believe in him, so they just went and cheated for him, and Deshaun's getting amazing grades with no help. So I thought that was the point that Brandon was the one that was like, bro, you got this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about the guy that was like the I'm sorry, I'm blanking because my memories from two weeks ago. What the guy.
Speaker 3: That's the.
Speaker 1: Guy? What do you wear what he wears running against Brandon and John Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's a part of a different party.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He seemed like he was like forty years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah with Josh Richland, Josh Richland not that much like Josh, we're so old, you guys old forty It was right now, Josh Richland was most definitely forty years old, like.
Speaker 1: Way that way in his seventies or eighties.
Speaker 2: Now is that why he doesn't remember?
Speaker 3: Wait, okay, he was Wannie. He was thirty something.
Speaker 1: So is half the cast?
Speaker 3: What do you mean they're just they all look old. Jenny's like Alex Diaz looked old. And I was very confused because Alex Diaz wasn't actually running. He was like someone's campaign manager or something. Very I was so confused by it was so confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and was.
Speaker 3: That the Progressive Party? But then the Independent Party was Josh umrit. It was way too in the weeds on some of that.
Speaker 1: Where I was like.
Speaker 2: Shock, like the network didn't call that out and be like this is going a different direction, like this is not nine o two one oh eight, you know, right?
Speaker 3: It was it was like it almost gotten the weeds too much, like it was sort of would have been better simplified. These people are running, These people are running, These people are running. Brandon does the big old speech because of the broken car, and then they're they're probably not gonna win. Oh my god, they've won dead.
Speaker 1: I wonder if, like young people when they were watching this for the first time, were interested in this the think student government storyline. No, I don't know. Sure some some of the people that were interested in student government, but.
Speaker 2: Probably not completely our audience that watched, and I don't know, I'm just that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Our audience was like full spectrum.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't watching for the politics. I was like, for me, some of those people, even though Valerie is irritating me, I'm from all into it, Oh my god. And that she has Dylan driver home.
Speaker 1: First of all, the sweaty, grown up sweaty.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I knew you were going to say that, you know, they had to spray her. It was like just so all over her arm.
Speaker 1: Where'd you learn that?
Speaker 3: Trick?
Speaker 1: Gross? I was so grossed out.
Speaker 2: I was intrigued that. I was like, where's this going?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: You were grossed out? I thought you liked it? No, I'd liked the new windows, but actually seeing it was.
Speaker 2: Actually I liked watching their open mouth kiss. I was wondering if there was time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was kind of creeped out by the by the nudity sex like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was impressed how the sheet stayed up so perfectly on her boobs.
Speaker 1: That is the old wrap as sheet around you and use a sheet on top of you.
Speaker 3: Move. Oh are you wearing a sheet one around you like a dress, and then there's another one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, I didn't remember that. Donna didn't do many sex scenes though.
Speaker 3: Good inside baseball there. I've always wondered that. And you sort of folded over perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's one way to do it. But people usually are like, wait, why is the sheet like like a dress on her? Was it bad or did they top stick it? I don't know. It looked like it was a good rapper, Rooney, it was. But I did see that Dylan was wearing underwear. You could see that. Yeah, I was looking for it. He sits up to get out of bed. No one caught that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Which of them said, where did you learn that?
Speaker 1: Trick?
Speaker 2: Dylan says it to her bros so discuss the big top.
Speaker 3: And then I wrote.
Speaker 2: Animal to Lion tamer.
Speaker 3: And do you think it's owe because we don't like them together? Like? Would it be ouhie if Kelly and Dylan had that exact same scene, exact same script.
Speaker 2: Wait, what do you mean we don't like them together? I like them together?
Speaker 1: Who said we.
Speaker 3: We hate them together? You like them?
Speaker 1: I don't like them together.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel just for a fun romp. I mean, I don't see them as like a long lasting marriage, but like I.
Speaker 3: Expect better him, like then picking up a girl in a bar and I guess she went a few. He's going through stuff. I understand, but I don't like her. I don't like the antics. It's not that I look, I potentially could have loved Valerie, and I know people do, and I like it's exciting to me, but I don't like her.
Speaker 1: Right well, they don't want you to like her, I think, like, so we do like to hate her? Yes? Yes, yes I do. Yeah, Well played okay there, But back to your point now, I don't want to see them sweaty. I don't want to see Kelly and Dylan sweaty on this show, like it just feels like too much when there's like like I'm going to say hardcore sexy. Yeah, it wasn't a hardcore sexcee, but like it's just too much.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny you say that, Jenny. I think you're right because one of the things I love about Kelly and Brandon is the sweetness, the romance that I feel between them, the cute kisses, the affection, the I love you even though it was so ran though, they seem to be a sweet couple. And then that's why this is so like hook Huh what are they doing in there? They are not bad, Like my virgin eyes can't see this kind of a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just the sweat they always spray. Do they do that sweat glisten? What is it? It's like, oh yeah, like spray glisten.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not water. No, what's gliscer.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's water. Sometimes it was just like the eavy on spray bottles, remember, right, But sometimes glcerin, which is gross.
Speaker 3: What is glcerin?
Speaker 1: It's likely sticky, like sticky almost, but it looks like tacky shiny kind of gets everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just looking back at my notes of this of the lines between them. I'll give you the pointers you need. I'll break for you. Oh you sunk the nine bell Like it was just like oh God.
Speaker 1: Also, I just want to say she didn't know how to break a break a table. Well, it just didn't look very sturdy. And then they cut to it smacking all the balls clearly not her shot.
Speaker 3: And they're like a slim bam, thank you man. Like I just was like, bar, what is who's writing this portion of it?
Speaker 1: Richard Golance?
Speaker 2: A man?
Speaker 1: A man putting sexual inn windows in a woman's mouth. That's dangers a young woman's mouth.
Speaker 4: Young? Yeah, like what's interesting for this conversation?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And like kind of what we're I guess what we're here to do? You know if this was done again with sort of like elevated script, right, like really almost darker, grittier, some more seductress or.
Speaker 1: Something, it would be like that with like euphoria.
Speaker 3: Yeah, euphoria. It's like what I What I don't know is when I watched it then, was I like ooh, cringey bar? Or is that just now that I'm like ooh, cringey bar?
Speaker 1: You remember everything else? How do you not remember that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I remember the scenes for me is I don't remember how I felt.
Speaker 2: Can you ask a friend, yeah, that you watched it?
Speaker 3: Actually, I meant to bring him in here. One of my friends sent me trading car nine two oh, trading cards. I'll bring them next week.
Speaker 2: Is the thing?
Speaker 3: You guys? And I'm like, I can't believe this was a thing and people bottom and kept them for thirty years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Frontnia kept thirty five years.
Speaker 2: Now unopened, like that was the thing. Then you couldn't enjoy them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody everybody needs to tell us. Was it cringey then? Or was it was that sort of sexy and cool? Like? What is this bad girl doing with her double entendre? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What's she trying to get out of this? His money or just the like shock? I think the pleasure of getting Brenda's boyfriend.
Speaker 3: The pleasure of getting Brenda's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, she does ask about the money though.
Speaker 2: There's something with the money, right, m There's got to be Yeah, yeah, she does like get lights up a little when she hears he.
Speaker 5: Yeah mm hm, because she doesn't have she just comes from nothing, I guess. So, so I have a question too, you know how like the big drama was that the article that Josh Richland wrote, it's leaked or whatever, like Alex Diaz is gonna leak it to everybody, Like this wasn't today, Like why didn't he throw it away? Or like I don't even know that we had full computers with email, Like how did they get it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Like a message in a bottle or.
Speaker 3: Like like like how it all? Like I'm never printed that?
Speaker 2: Well right, yeah, broke he thankst it to him.
Speaker 3: So I was like, yeah, that seemed a little I don't know. The whole student election thing is like I get it. We needed to get to where we got to, but I'm like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, speaking of dated the recorder, the Kelly recorder, Claire Snoring, Oh my gosh was it.
Speaker 1: It was like a little handheld Yeah, a little silver recorder.
Speaker 3: It was addictive phone kind of. I don't know if that's the name for it, but like when business men would like you know, very mad men, Betty take a note and then they'd like click on it, and.
Speaker 1: Like I used to use that. Did you ever use that for like memorizing your lines? Oh? I used to like record the other person's lines on my little handheld recorder and then play it back, and then I would say my character's lines and then it's say it would say the other person you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, way, how'd you time that?
Speaker 1: You just read it through like normal, both people, but you only read their parts, so you'd.
Speaker 3: In your mind read your part so that when you played.
Speaker 1: It in my mind, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Sort of smart.
Speaker 1: Well I do it now with my with my cell phone, but they have apps for that.
Speaker 3: Now, wouldn't it just be easier to be like, get a friend to like read lines with you. No, really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but maybe you lived alone nightly. Yeah, I think I still have it.
Speaker 3: I should find it. Oh my god, if you could find that, that'd be amazing. So I'm very I see your BFF collection pillow behind you, and I know that because I just talked sleeping on it. I just bought ten of those for something.
Speaker 1: You did not buy ten I did.
Speaker 3: I did. You'll find out later why. But that's okay.
Speaker 1: What It's almost sold out.
Speaker 3: Everything's almost sold out for people listening if you want b FF collection, Like, I'm not paid by this, so this is not a gratutis plug. Its just if you want it, don't delay because there's literally nothing left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting slim pickens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, how about the the Valerie who's literally like some sort of seductor's badass.
Speaker 3: Then says, you have to drive me home. I have a curfew.
Speaker 1: What I mean, I guess that's the first time he realizes, Oh, she's younger than I thought she was.
Speaker 3: Does she even have a curfew though she's in college?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why does she have a curfew? You guys like the I mean, I don't know. Maybe the Walsh is worry but like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they're taking care of someone's daughter.
Speaker 1: They have to. And then he's like you live, yes, he was like, and then he pulls up to the old Cossa.
Speaker 2: Walsh literally though you got But what's gonna happen next? I was like, I'm very intrigued by their storyline?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think is he still gonna like be into her in the episodes?
Speaker 2: I mean he's she did she did things he's never seen before, and he's going to come back to that.
Speaker 1: But he's real mad.
Speaker 3: He's like, you knew who I was? Yeah, Like he knows that she's done this intentionally, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor Dylan Man, he can't catch a break. Nope.
Speaker 3: So then we I mean, this is we've talked about it. We go back to the peach pit and every you know, everyone's there, and then Josh is going to go for a drive. I'll be back.
Speaker 1: Where was he going?
Speaker 3: Do you think he wanted to clear his head?
Speaker 1: I wonder where he would have gone.
Speaker 3: Where is the peach pit? Is it supposed to be in the center of Beverly Hills? Like I'm like, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll play along Beverly Hills proper.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: You think maybe that seems more Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like so, but I mean maybe it's supposed to be on Camden or whatever. And then I would just drive down Sunset and come back around. If I was really going to go for a drive for twenty minutes from.
Speaker 1: Like the we're just going for twenty minutes, I.
Speaker 3: Think he said I'll be back in twenty h h.
Speaker 2: But I was like, do you think he's going to go to like seven eleven? Is he getting a slurpe?
Speaker 3: Like, let's just to listen to music and clear his head in that car if it has a radio, Yeah, I would just I do that. I mean, I go down pch but he's way too far.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, so he really can just go.
Speaker 2: Down not a nine ooe land. I mean, look out they get from the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sun said boulevard from Beverly Hills to the beach is actually a beautiful drive.
Speaker 3: It is, but it's an hour there and back or more. I would just take will Shir to the Beverly Hilton, go up and around and come back. But that truck, and first of all, what truck would hit? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was upsetting. Did the guy get out of the truck? He never got out. Nothing was like, whoa, I just killed a kid? No, No, we just saw the truck pushing the blown up car through the frame.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was then disn't Brandon sort of go running?
Speaker 5: And then yeah, Brandon and then the body bag.
Speaker 3: When did this air?
Speaker 1: What was the air date of this September? Was it still September ninety four?
Speaker 3: So we yeah, we really just this is we're not even in sweeps and we got this big stime. Wow.
Speaker 1: I wonder if any of us were like, wow, that could have been me.
Speaker 3: It really could have been brand.
Speaker 1: The actors They're like, like, look, how easy it is to kill off a character.
Speaker 3: That's the Walking Dead. If you worked on the Walking Dead, you could have been eaten any episode. They had no problem killing off the main characters, just no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a way to go too. Yeah, well this is a Yeah. I feel like now that we maybe we're through the most of the political stuff. I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: But next week, next week, you have to go on and like be the first lady. Yeah, the acceptance speech, but how will he do that handle that in the wake of his friend dying. It's really it's a hard one. It's a hard one, right, Well, oh.
Speaker 1: This is sad? Say something happy or homework? Homework for next week is a season five episode four, Life after Death, So that's encouraging.
Speaker 3: Do I rate this episode? Do I rate it? We didn't talk about too that Dylan Nat kind of got into it a little bit. Yeah, wud be very nice struggling a little bit.
Speaker 1: Dylan's just turn it into a real d bag.
Speaker 3: We didn't even mention Steve's name one time. Oops, he had a blue polo shirt.
Speaker 1: He's barely in it, and.
Speaker 3: Then he says Kelly dumped me too, Like he's never letting that go ever yours and then and then Dylan Kelly did not dump me.
Speaker 1: M yeah, what do I give this?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: It was a little lackluster until the very last moment for me, I would have to give it like, you went pretty bad and you thought it would be I did.
Speaker 2: I thought we'd match it, and I was going to do four before my goss, well we don't like politics, and then yea and yeah, like I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Hopefully next week we'll get a little more exciting. But this was, I mean, this was pretty juicy and exciting. Alan Dylan Escapade eight point five. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I feel bad. I give it a six. I don't know about six.
Speaker 3: Wears an right, you do it, Jenny, I'm mane do you put that? That was? This was not that? And then there was another one that's so bad.
Speaker 1: I'm inn.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: You gotta really drop her down in the moments. Yeah, I don't know. Hopefully next week will be a little more well.
Speaker 2: I'll still say exciting the bomb I believe, I believe. Yeah, I mean I like the cute outfits, I.
Speaker 1: Like the sex scenes.
Speaker 2: We'll stick around for oh my god, Yeah, I'm coming back huh.
Speaker 1: All right. I've heard a lot of people out there who are doing this with us, who are watching along with us. Like I went to the dentists the other day and the guy was like, the guy was cleaning my teeth. I'm watching your show from the very first episode of My Girlfriend on season three, and I was like, well, you got to catch up and be watching it on the pod with us.
Speaker 3: I had some texts of people that were in a panic because we were off for two weeks. They were like, where are you. I was like, We're good, we'll be back. Don't worry. Well, sorry, summer Vaku.
Speaker 1: That's it for this week, though, you guys, this has been very fun back together. Wa Wan's a title of next week title life life after Death. Oh gosh, of course, mm hmmm hmm, so spun on literal. Also there's a death and there's life. Yeah, bottom bum and see bye. Everybody, have a great week.
Speaker 3: Everybody trying to use the word nine O two one Oh.
Speaker 1: Don't be so nine o two one oe Do I like it?