Speaker 1: We talked to Universal because they were losing I knew they'd be losing Monday Night Raw even back then, because we know shit, even though we can't talk about it on the podcast. They were similarly wanted something more established, and again I was brand new there. I wasn't coming in with somebody else's promotion, and that became the speed bump.
Speaker 2: That I hit time and time and time again. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Are you Ready's about to hit the fan? Welcome to on sanctioned Thursdays are wrestling?
Speaker 2: What's ready? What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome to unsanctioned Thursday, and we're getting ready to wrap up twenty twenty four. We'll talk about my year just in general, not even we might not even talk wrestling. Maybe we'll talk a little wrestling because we got big move from Monday Night Raw leaving the USA Network and joining Netflix.
Speaker 2: I hope all of you have Netflix.
Speaker 1: If not, they're counting on you to become a subscriber so the Netflix can remain the powerhouse juggernaut that it is and their executives can get twenty two million dollar bonuses instead of putting that money into the budgets for movies.
Speaker 2: And wrestling and TV and things like that. What, Freddie, you're exaggerating.
Speaker 1: What No, I'm not Anyway, WW is gonna make a lot of money for Netflix.
Speaker 2: It's going to bring a shitload of people over there.
Speaker 1: I am not surprised that they're leaving because USA just couldn't compete price wise with what they were going to get paid by Netflix. USA is a cable network on you know, satellite TV and cable.
Speaker 2: But streaming is is the future.
Speaker 1: Streaming is the now, and all that satellite and cable shit is the past.
Speaker 2: It's just hanging on.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, you go on Serious XM and you can listen to the seventy station, but there's a seventy station, uh, seventies meeting one seventies station. There's about forty different pop stations, forty different rock stations. Like it's you know, the seventies are what they are. I love them. My cars are from the seventies and the sixties. Well, I got a new car. You guys, got a sixty nine two thousand dots in roadster. Been this thing's been getting worked one for over a year. Finally got the clutch disc fixed, replace the front shocks, just waiting on carpet that goes in. I'm recording this on a Monday, so it's going in today Wednesday. The car will be ready. I'll post pictures of it. She's cherry red convertible. I may even keep the hood off. Now it's wintertime, I'll probably put the hood back. I'll put her clothes on. You know, it's legal to be topless out here. I'll post some photos on my Instagram. It's real Freddie Prinz. It's just real Freddy Prince. Yeah, you guys got to check that car out. But anyway, so, yeah, I didn't think USA would be able to afford them. They're going to Netflix. I'm going to be at that debut show, so look for me in the crowd. I'll be the one with the sign that says, look it's me Freddy Prince.
Speaker 2: Do you know I won't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing my kids and stuff like that, So if I see you there, i'll definitely say hi, but I won't be able to stop and take photos. I got to look after my kids and take care of my kids and stuff like that. But I'll definitely return any love that you share. If you want to yell you suck in front of my kids. You could do that too, but you're gonna hear it back. And I talk shit better than most, so you better come correct. But yeah, let's talk about the year I went through some friggin ups and downs wrestling wise. I've been trying to start my own federation for a long time, my own promotion. It started off this reality company came and pitched this like docu series to me of me trying to pull this off, with the final episode being sort of what we call a backdoor pilot, so the last episode would become the first episode of the new promotion that goes a backdoor a backdoor pilot, so that was kind of the hope and goal for it. I had some interest from Vice, who couldn't afford it, and they're restructuring their finances and their entire company. I don't even know if there'll be a Vice in a couple of years. I hope they're because they do Dark Side of the Ring and seem to have some love for wrestling. They admittedly said, we don't know anything about wrestling, but we like the business and we want to be in business, and they tried to make it work, but couldn't Warners wanted me to be way Warner Discovery wanted me to me to be way more established and only focused on the reality portion of the of the pitch that they just wanted a reality show, which I wasn't interested in, and the things they pitched there like it needs more like people working against you. I was like, I know, I'm actually trying to pull this off. I don't want to have people working against me. I'll have enough of that already. Like all they wanted was like fake created drama, which is such horseshit. That's why reality TV sucks because none of it's real. So that was a pass on my side. Who else was there? We talked to Universal because they were losing I knew they'd be losing Monday Night Raw even back then because we know shit, even though we can't talk about it on the podcast. They were similarly wanted something more established, and again I was brand new there. I wasn't coming in with with somebody else's promotion, and that became the speed bump that I hit time and time and time again until the point where I spoke to my partners at the place where I have basically a distribution deal although not in writing, but the two of us, my partner who is the streaming service, and myself are now to the point where we're actively looking for other well known promotions that I can then come in creatively and help direct and build, you know, culture and present to a mainstream TV audience. Right helped them get on track. It wouldn't per se, it wouldn't be my idea, per se. And I'm not trying to change someone's brand. Let's just make up a wrestling company's name real quick. Let's say we acquired ICW, right is, which is International Competitive Wrestling.
Speaker 2: That's the name of this one ICW.
Speaker 1: There's probably actually an ICW out there, so if there is, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to blow you up. I would then go in and acquire their contracts, their brand, their ring, their their content, their everything. Although the content on low budget stuff isn't really presentable for TV, so those libraries don't have the value that these guys hope that they have just because the quality won't match. I would then go in there, bring them in and instead of calling them what I was going to call my profession, because that's disrespectful to just take their shit and change it. I would just maintain their name and I would become their head of creative and help sort of reguide and focus, you know, and do what I did well in WWE into their promotion and then make that our promotion. So that's where I'm at now. That's the most information I can give and just well, no, it's not. That's been a freaking challenge too. I've already tried with one that I was really passionate about, really like their roster, loved a handful of their wrestlers. It just fit so well with what I was trying to do, and we just couldn't freaking make a deal work. It wasn't their fault, it wasn't our fault. It's just sometimes you can't come up with with the right numbers that everybody feels comfortable with.
Speaker 2: And that's what a negotiation is.
Speaker 1: And never that's why I don't want It's hard for me to talk about stuff because I don't want to go I got it, because you never have it until both sides have signed in ink or blood and it's on paper and you're moving forward and ready to rock and roll. And even then sometimes shit falls apart. But that's when I'm comfortable talking about. It is when contracts are signed. So the most recent one that I've been working on fell apart. We're actively looking for more brands out there that are looking for a TV deal, and we'll investigate all of them. Some of them don't bring enough to the table for my partner and I to bring our investment too, and some of them want more of an investment than I'm willing and my partner are willing to bring to the table.
Speaker 2: So it's a challenge.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's been hard as hell.
Speaker 1: It's been so hard it's made me doubt myself to the where I'm like, maybe this isn't the right move, maybe I'm not meant to do this, and like I almost you almost want to give up on yourself sometimes, and then took a moment realize, that's just how I'm feeling right now. I didn't feel like that ten minutes ago, and I probably won't feel like that ten minutes from now. And usually you're right. Sometimes it takes an hour, a day, a week, but whatever it takes, that feeling eventually subsides and something stronger takes its place and you get reinspired and reinvigorated. I was doing the I know you did last summer sequel in Australia. When I got the news, the deal I thought was for sure going to happen fell apart, and I was so pissed. But I was working with all these young people who were so hungry and at the beginnings of their career that it made me hungry. I fed off their energy and I shook that bullshit off as quickly as I could, and it did not take long, about ten minutes, and I called my partner. I was like, let's just let's reach out to everybody else and see who's receptive to what we bring to the table and try to get it going. That was the outlook that they took as well. For them, it's more business than passion for wrestling. For me, it's passion of wrestling and then the business for it. But yeah, so I'm still on the road. It is not easy, and I am not giving up, but yeah, I am further back than I was two weeks ago. So you know, it's I'm out there searching and hunting and trying to find the right deal, and as soon as I do, I'll let you. I'll let all you guys know stay tuned for our holiday episodes coming up. Stay tuned for us every single Wednesday. We're going to be with you all throughout the holidays. We'll bring some old school stuff too, but I'll still be with you guys. So make sure you guys tune in and I'll see all of you next week every week, and I wish everybody happy Holladays too.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.