Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: All Right, girls, I feel so alone right now. Everyone's on their phone and I'm just staring at both of you. I have to make sure my facts correct. They're doing that because today is a pop culture topic day, and well we were just discussing and I'll say something to this year. I don't know if you guys have noticed, I haven't been on Instagram that much. I noticed. No one's noticed.
Speaker 3: I've noticed.
Speaker 2: I've noticed, well I'm not on, but I realized it just wasn't like I'm gonna obviously, but I just at the moment, it's just I just I'm so like in a bubble, in my sweet little bubble, and I'm like, I don't really feel like I need to show anything. And then also I just kind of like being not on there.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: And I don't scroll now too, so so I when I got the pop culture I was like, ooh, what's going on. That's exactly why I'm like, oh, and I get used to the island.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do get on Instagram, but I don't really I don't really like read like the peoples and the sweeklies and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that. I used to, but I used.
Speaker 2: To too, and now I'm just like everyone's just so mean. I'm in all this stuff and I'm like, I'm not really getting anything out. Why why am I? Why am I going there to look at that? You know?
Speaker 3: So this time it's like, why do I need to know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't need to know all this information about these people's lives, right, So I'm just yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I think too, I don't know, it's there's a switch for this this new year. New Year knew me. But I just am not feeding. I'm not even going to bring up like because it doesn't matter, the hate the trolls. It's like I realized, I'm like, oh my god, nothing like it actually doesn't matter. It doesn't like I've let that affect me for so long for what reason. It was such like a shift in may to go and that was one of my resolutions to or goals to just like not even like let it bother me. And then I really just kind of saw with it. I'm like, I'm like, I just such a disservice to myself to even care well you, especially because they just really come and go hard on that. I'm like, not even gonna say like anything, like, I had this feeling and this may not be what you guys feel about it, but there's something to it. I had this moment at one point when I remember I was going to go post something and I was like, this feels like it cheapens the experience. It actually was, and I just was like, for who would I post that? For me? Or for someone I like to keep mine pretty inspirational or pretty like real, or like join me in like the you know. Yeah, but I just was like that shows somebody something like what what is my reason? What's the why for doing that? And one I couldn't quite answer that either honestly or find a why or just didn't feel like it mattered. Then I was like, well that's kind of a waste of someone's grid. Yeah. So having said all, that is pop culture topics now and now I'm excited because it's juicy and I actually was like, ah, she did no way. So topic number one is Jessica Albert recalls incident with daughter Honor that led them to pursue therapy together. This is not fun, So I'm just going to kind of read you the background. Jessica Albo's opening upbout how she decided on therapy for herself and her two daughters. The mom of three forty two has always been open about her family's mental health care. Appearing on the cover of Real Simples first ever Feeling issue for their January February edition, the actress an entrepreneur, calls how she came to the decision. So Honor was, she says, Honor was probably eleven, and we were arguing all the time about dum dumb stuff, and I was like, I don't want to live like this. This is not fun, she shares, she said, I don't. I didn't want us to have a wedge between us as her mother. When I say something, she's going to hear it as an argument or as me trying to control her. I wanted there to be someone who could explain things in a way I couldn't. What I said to Honor was I want to be a better parent to you, and this is your this is your form to basically talk about everything that gets on your nerves that I do. Alba says it wasn't long until both she and Honor started to see how therapy could work for them. It put me in check, like, yeah, I totally do that, and I'm sorry, I'm going to work on that. It gave her a little bit of perspective too, that I'm not the bad guy. I'm just being a parent. She'll come out, she'll come out the other side of it, and I'll still be here. I just wanted to get to that point and it worked, she admits, And the therapists allowed me to see that it's natural for kids to disagree with their parents, and as a parent, it's not always about being right or rational in that moment, she says. She concludes with saying, I'm not going to front. It's a process and I'm not perfect, and so I love the fact that she's talking about this. So I'm curious for you guys, like, do you like the idea of seeing a therapist with your child? You know, do you wish you would have done it with your parents? And would you consider doing it now with your parents or with your kids? Well, that's a lot of you go first with her, your parents are no.
Speaker 1: Well, my first thought to this whole thing was I don't think that it has to be done in a therapist office to have these conversations. Those are a lot of conversations that happen in our home currently. You know, I'm not doing this right. I am just trying to be a good parent, but I'm you know, so I think if if you need it, and if I felt like we needed someone to come in and point out when I'm doing things that I need to or to point out to the kids that I am just being a parent or whatever, sure, I think if it got to that point, we would do that. But I also do think that there's ways to have those healthy conversations on your own with your kids, and I think that that's something that everyone should be doing, you know, explaining to the kids, we're not always going to get it right. We're just trying to parent, We're trying to protect you. I'm sorry when I do it this. Blah blah blah blah blah. Would I have gone to therapy with my parents, No, there's no way. There's literally zero way. And what I would would I now? Nope, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Well it was funny when I read this, I thought about you first, because Janna and I are still in like the younger years, yeah, you know, like the eights fives, and I thought, gosh, I don't know what I would do at eleven. I mean, I'll be honest with you. I'm we I am in struggle bus mode with a five year old right now. We are in a mode and I was like, maybe, like I had this moment the other day where I thought, well, maybe there needs to be like a third party to tell me, like to do something differently or better, just you know whatever, because I gosh, I feel like I'm so well rounded and I try to go thirty thousand feet, but I'm stir ruggling and these five five is hard.
Speaker 3: I remember five being a hard age, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Cat's all different, I specifically, and I remember because I remember when Ramsey and Jolie were both five. I remember having this conversation. But again, as they get older, yes, it's different. So I can see where therapy really especially might be needed. But yeah, I mean I think that it's for whoever, you know, for each I know, like one of my kids, he would probably, you know, the oldest, he'd probably never want to go. Emmy, who's twelve, she might.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But we just have a lot of conversations about that stuff.
Speaker 1: We're just very open about it, and I think that that's kind of key for us at least.
Speaker 2: Do you think you got that from going to therapy.
Speaker 1: No, I think I got that from vowing to do it differently than how I grew up. I've just sworn to myself, and it really truly just started with saying sorry. That was my number one. You know, I do something, I yell, or I do something I wasn't proud of, then I get upset about it and I have this guilt and I always just like just say sorry. I would make myself say sorry, but that always opened it up to a bigger discussion and a bigger explanation and a bigger whatever. And I definitely still I mean, I'm still yeller, Like I'll still get to a point where I will yell at my kids when I've lost it, and I'm not proud of that, and that's something I'm really trying to work on. But we just have so much conversation around it that again, it's really just.
Speaker 2: So that this is kind of off topic, but just from something you said, and I'm just gonna pivot just for one second, because something happened the other day where I had asked, you know, I was like, Jolie, please turn that off. Noice. Jolie please turn that off. By the third time, I'm like, I'm like, I don't want to. I've said it now. The third like every time my voice is gonna I was like, please turn that off. And then it's like a little bit more and then like by I'm like I then she looks at me like, oh, like I I'm like, but I just said it nicely the first and you don't listen. Yeah, this is like and I'm like, is that Normalcuse I try to be like, I'm like, just I'm the first one. I'm saying, like, I'm nicely saying I need you to listen. The second time, I'm like, it's a little more stern. Third time, Mommy's gonna get frustrated.
Speaker 1: And like, so I think of what I've learned in my mind for that, but I don't always practice it. Two completely different things. We're also doing something wrong in that sense that an expert may say differently. But I think what would work easier in that situation was, you know, Jolie, please turn that off. Well, when she doesn't listen that first time, going getting on her level, getting eye level with her and saying I need you to please turn this off, and then it would probably change, I think, but we get so busy and we're doing things, and we're doing that, and then we're frustrated because we asked them to do something three times, you know, And so I think that that's partly on us as well.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna probably regret saying this, but so I shouldn't even start. But but here goes well because I think we're such a different kind of generation of parent. Like for me personally, the way I was raised was out of fear, like if you told me to turn that off, not one, or I'm going to get the death stair or hit with something like it was eggshell walking, So it wasn't I didn't. I sometimes have this moment where I'm like, I kind of love not sometimes in the moment, but I'm sometimes later like, gosh, I love that they're like I don't want to because they can say that to me. I could never say anything. I've operated out of fear. It was like yes, sir, no, sir, it's the soap, because I've got the soap before Budge and Breast might have. Also, I'm gonna get dreamed.
Speaker 3: I don't what I think we've talked. I feel like you I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I know, there's just I think where I'm at right now is there's this really fine line in parenting for me. You're shocked, Are you shaming me? I'm I'm I'm processing. I'm trying. I'm honest, I'm trying not to judge me or process.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think she mays judge you, but she's going to take that back.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's damn it, but not judge. They do not judge because I know you, like you know what I mean, Like I've yelled where you've done things and like you know you wouldn't have done so no judgment. Yeah, it's crazy. So I just had to think of soap when I was like seven, Well he's five and he's a If I'm honest, I love him so much. You guys, I'm telling you I quite possibly might be raising the president of the United States. And I'm not even kidding. He's that kind of like leader, unapologetically the one that rides bike. So WHOA. That was damn much. No judgment, just physical ability. It was I think it was. It's just like I try to run this ride this fine line of like what what we had preserving the o genus of some of the ways we were raised and also implementing this layer of like, actually you can feel and you can tell me some things and I want you to. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's a balance there because at the end of the day, we do need them to listen to us and do what we've asked them to do.
Speaker 2: We have to because it's also a lot of safety.
Speaker 1: But if they don't fear at all, and I'll go back to it and I'm gonna take I'm gonna take this back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I struggle with this as well, because do we need them to have no fear whatsoever there's no consequence if they have to because I mean, I'm saying that now as high school kids, like I know the ones whose parents don't, they have no fear that they know they're gonna go do something.
Speaker 3: There's no consequence at home.
Speaker 1: So that's where that's a hard balance for me, Like it does to me, start with something so small as turn the TV off. I don't want them to be fearful of me, but I need them to know that like, if you're not going to do what I'm ask on bigger scales where there's gonna be consequences.
Speaker 2: When kids like developmentally, like I went to school for early childhood first, and you learn really quickly, like they need discipline. They need to know the boundaries that's feel safe to them, because if it's a big, wild world, it doesn't feel safe to them. Yeah. So I always try to operate with this like mentality of I always call it like the yard in my brain, not like not like the yard in a jail, but like it's like they need to know where the fence line is. They need to know where you can be pushed to. They need to know what's not safe. Like if you're not listening to me for anything, then when it is about your safety, you won't listen either.
Speaker 3: Yeah mm hmm. It's just it's a hard balance.
Speaker 2: So then would you go to therapy with your kid to talk through these steps. I would go to therapy with anyone. I love therapy. I would go just because I think for someone like well, for the kids, the separation, I always want them to I always want to check in with that. I also feel like Jolie is a lot like her dad where she doesn't express her feelings, whereas Jace is a little bit more open to sharing feelings at the moment at five. But Jolie is she's such a people pleaser, like she just wants and deaths where she's like, you know, she shews everyone to be happy. So she's like, Mommy, we'll do that, like if that's makes it. I'm like, baby, do you want to do that? Honey? You don't need to Well, I like both how like anytime, like Jace has a mood and he's like, I like Daddy's hous better, or I like you know, or he you know Michael Kalmbick, well, he sees like you. He wants to be says, you know, here's not a good you know, I don't want to be here. And I'm like he's five and he's being whatever. But Joe was like, I love both places. And I'm like, honey, you don't need to say that. I love you for like saying. But I was like, I just I want her to be able to have a place where she can because I'm like, I just I see her in her mind just always like thinking maybe that's just her age. But I'm like, are you good baby field her, you know, because I just I'm like, they have so much they're thinking I'm like I want her to go talk it all out, you know, and if that needs to be me in the room or me out of the room, like I've definitely and I think there are some things too, like learning stuff like maybe with maybe her might the slexia or the ADHD like that, I need to learn tools to how to maybe talk to her better too, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's a good point.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking to Amy about that because I'm like, I don't feel like a ride her a lot, but it's because I don't think we're like but I think she might need, you know, I don't there's something that I think she needs to be. I should really just start having joint sessions. Because Amy and I just had this compage. So she's like, I think she should do. I'm like, no, I do, And I'm having her being evaluated too, like because.
Speaker 3: Well, like I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Like for a very good example of that, it's like I I don't think Emmy's ADHD, but I have figured out we're twelve years in on her life, you know, Like Kayden, I can say I need you to do one, two, three, four five. It's done in ten minutes to any old I say one yeah, if I say one, two, three, she'll come back and be like what was Like, she legitimately can't, and so like I've learned, I have to ask her one thing, focus on the one thing, and then come back to me. Okay, now I need you to do this.
Speaker 2: Because we're we get upsided like how do you not remember? But I'm like, oh, she just physically can't. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So see, I think you learned that with each child too. Whether there's ADHD there or not, maybe there's tendencies. I don't know, but she cannot focus on a list of things to do at once in her head.
Speaker 2: Me neither. Would you go with your parents to therapy at this age of your life, Kristin, I, well, I'm down to one parent. I would have loved to go on therapy with my dad so that I could have done some reckoning this side of heaven, because I think that there's a lot of things I wish I could have said to her that I didn't get to say that would have felt good for him to hear. I am a firm believer though, that the listening is almost more important than the talking, and I don't know that I have any listening parents left in this moment just for their The point in my mom's grief journey is just really I'm just very observant right now, and I don't know that she is in a listening face, she is in a living pace, she is gone busy, you know, and I just don't know. Well, I think again, it comes to a time where you just have to what Amy has told us is you have to almost accept them for who they are at this point, you know, because they haven't done therapy before, or it'd be hard to start at this point. Yeah, and I think I've made peace with I've definitely made peace with my dad my mom. I've recently come to piece that, you know, we might just might not be of what I've wanted for either one of our relationships. But I can now go, Okay, I can choose to have a good relationship here. I just have to just have no expectations on X, Y and Z, and I can live with that. So I read this was really great quote, and I was hoping I could find it for you. But essentially for younger listeners, I will just say I do regret not doing something with my parents at a younger age because I had spent so many years resenting like my father for example, or you know, so I think that then contributed to potential relationships in my belief in myself from the lack of what I thought he believed in me. Oh sure, yeah, so yeah this quote I read, I just felt like it. Maybe this will go somewhere with both of you. It says she accepts people as they are, but places them where they belong. Topic number two. Shana Kler is Travis Barker's ex wife, and she's accusing Travis and Courtney of parenting alienation. So Shana is sharing new details about her co parenting relationship with Travis Barker. We just start with saying co parenting is so challenging, so empathy there for just the table. In a preview clip of Wednesday's upcoming episode of The Dumb Blonde Podcast obtained by The New York Post, Page Mochler forty eight, talked with host Bunny XO about her relationship with ex husband Barker, alleging that he and his wife, Courtney Kardashian have been trying to one up her as a parent. So Mochler shares her son Landon and daughter Alabama twenty and eighteen with Travis. She's also a mom to daughter a Tiana twenty four, whom she shares with her ex Oscar de Lahoya. I didn't know that. I didn't either until today. I'm savvy and knew whom Travis helped raise. So Mochler called the Kardashians disgusting, saying I removed myself so that they couldn't bond over my children hating me. Go do what you need to do, and when you're ready, I'll be her, loving you unconditionally. The mom of two went on, and I will be here as your mother and I will wait. And that's what I did. When Travis got with Courtney, there was some parental alienation going on there where Travis, even when we weren't together, always wanted to be the super dad, she said of her ex. I'm the best parent, I'm the this and I'm that, and I'm like, bro, you win like you're the winner here. You have all the money, you have all of this, You're the winner.
Speaker 3: She says.
Speaker 2: I think there was a lot of glitter and fame, and they watched them on TV, and now their dad is dating one and they're going to be on the show. She said of her kids, and I think they got caught up in that which young kids would do. They're buying them Prada, they're buying them gifts, and they're going to these events, and they're meeting Kanye and you know, all the big stuff. She says, I can't give them that. I don't have that, I don't have access to that. I don't have the money to do that. I can't buy you guys Prada every other week and stuff I can't I don't and I can't do it. My house isn't a mansion like Travis. I don't have a movie theater. I don't have golf carts for you kids to drive. She added, We're up for Travis did not obviously respond. You know, Travis and Courtney don't pay attention to what Shane is doing. A friend of the couple tells people, which we know who the friends of people are. They're so happy in life right now. So I mean, what do you think about Shane speaking out about Travis and Courtney and that in that and do you think because one of the questions too is I do think there's a feeling competition between co parenting and I think, you know, it would be hard if the roles were reverse, and like, you know, I couldn't give my kids maybe what the other parents giving them. I could look at that and go that would be tough because they probably would want to go to the bigger house and to the ones that have more toys or this or that or the other, or more fame, and so as the co parent, I would feel I would struggle. I woul probably would. I'm just being honest. I think I would struggle with that because I can't give them that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: On the flip side that I was like, but I can give them love and I give them a home, like you know whatever. But I think kids see the that they don't see that until they're older.
Speaker 1: Weren't they like teenagers, right, So that's even more shane. It's just even more like oh I get to meet so and so, Oh I get to go here, we get the movie theater. That's like even more heightened at that age. And I think that personally, I think what she's done and said, I mean besides talking out, you know, in public or whatever, but like it's pretty smart, like you know, saying to your kids, I can't give that, but I'm here and I'm going to be your parent, and I'm gonna they're going to see that in the end. They're going to understand that as they grow up. But that can't be easy. I mean I would struggle with it too. But all she can do is be honest. She can't just go broke and try to provide the same you know.
Speaker 2: And you know, listen again with the co parenting thing, it's like, you don't want to ever alienate. You always want to talk good about the other parents. So I hope that that's at least there. But I can I can understand her feelings of maybe that competition vibe. I guess I don't know why she said it. I know she was like, I think that is maybe my hang up a little, which is probably people listening to me on here, like why did you you know, Like I'm talking about my kids too and things that they go through. But I it feels I shouldn't say it. It just feels a little like an insecurity, like it's her, like she's got to have a voice to it. And I can understand. I can't understand actually or even imagine. You think she's more jealous of it being Courtney Kardashian. I think if it wasn't Courtney, and if it was just like a girl next door, she wouldn't care. I think it's wildly honest, and I love that. I just wonder if it is strategic somehow in which way, because I don't. I don't think it's strategic. I think she's just hurt and it's hard. But being Courtney, then that to me is like a therapy visit or a diary visit, unless of a.
Speaker 3: Tell Bunny, And that's where this came from.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying that I'm talking about it.
Speaker 3: On a podcast, like everything comes.
Speaker 1: We don't know about that, Like every time we talk about something in here, we get talking and start talking about something that's hard or hurtful or whatever, and then it gets picked up and it seems like she's doing it for And that's why I said earlier, besides her talking about it in public, it feels to me like it's just hard and you're having to compete with a freaking Kardashian and teenage kids like but maybe maybe she did just say it out there to I don't know, but no.
Speaker 2: No, I just wonder, like, what is the reason for saint, you know, like of course she feels that where it came from, so that would be tough, though I can't even freaking imagine. I mean, there's literally no one bigger right name, someone bigger name, bigger celebrity family, I mean the Royals, but.
Speaker 3: Even then, but even then take her out of it.
Speaker 1: Like I can think of someone that we know very specifically who was giving their teenager prades, shoes and all the things, all the time.
Speaker 2: Thinking and thinking and it's not me, So oh.
Speaker 1: You know, don't know the ex wife, but she probably couldn't, you know. And so it's like, but did that mean anything? That's probably she's probably going to Daddy for the black card to make sure that she go, you know what I mean, But like she's with her mama, but she also knows that, you know. So I don't think it has to be who they are necessarily, but like when you're you're a teenager and you're getting all those things, like of course, like can you blame them?
Speaker 2: I think at the end of the day, no matter what, as long as you love your kids, give them a beautiful home, it's not going to matter the size of the house, how big it is, how many toys you had, as they want to love in that house, and I don't think the kids see that until later in life. That's but as long as you're consistent, you're loving, you show them. My kids will never know the difference between my house and their dad's house because there's love in both houses. And it's not a competition. I'm in the long grain for parenting. Yeah, I am in it for like the thirty year old conversation I get to have with love or she's like two hundred nights a year, how did you do that? Yeah, you know, and well, truthfully, like just like for them to I don't ever say I do this by myself, and Dada is on the you know, like he has to do what he has to do, so I can do what I can do for them. Yeah, but there will be inevitably a day where they go, oh wow, you know or something, and maybe it's not a talk, it's just it's.
Speaker 1: All in conversations around I'm like, I'm not doing this all by myself. Get your butts in here and help me.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but it's just Yeah, I think you parent for the long game, and I think it's about making good people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Topic number three Lindsay Lohan and Tina Favor You unite twenty years later for Mean Girls, the musical premiere Love It. First of all, I was gonna say, I love Lindsa Lowhans back, I do. I loved your Christmas for me last year. I just love the whole thing Mean Girls. Do you let's just talk about that? Did you? You guys obviously look love mean Girls?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only thing is so long I was.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I was shocked to hear that Richard Goddams wasn't even asked about coming back for the commercial that they had. Yes, I wasn't asked, probably because they couldn't afford her. But either way, do you guys, speaking of mean girls, do you guys have any mean girls that you remember from high school?
Speaker 3: Plenty?
Speaker 2: I have one. She has two first names, Ashley Scott. No, she wishes I won't give her any energy, but she knows who she is really mean. I also wore a back brace. Oh that's right, I wish I was making that up.
Speaker 3: Cramer puts her head down.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Yeah, I mean listen is there was there plenty for people to purge on and if they wanted to or binge on with my back brace probably no boobs overplucked my eyebrows, But really I just felt.
Speaker 1: Like that was too bad though, like to even to like name those things and be like, oh, people had everything to mess with, Like that's terrible.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I look back and I'm like, wow, bless sure, but doesn't Yeah it was ruthef, I mean it was rough. Yeah, That's why I feel bad about what I said about Shana. We have to check ourselves even as forty two year olds. No, I think she's great. I actually loved her and I watched her with the Barker Show. You look at the me, Do you look at her differently now than you did from when you were in high school? Like if you were to look at like, I had one mean girl. She wasn't very nice and I don't even know why she was so mean to me, But I don't Were you always hot? No new, new, new, new, new new. It might have blessed the senior year, but besides that, No, I mean I didn't even get My boobs didn't come until I was like nineteen, so I was a late blimmer.
Speaker 3: You should still haven't come in So I waiting.
Speaker 2: I saw on my yearbook the other day when we were cleaning out the garage and Alan about fell over when he saw one of my yearbook pictures. He's like, that's you, and I was like, yeah, he's like, I can't even I can't even say what he said because that's how like, no, oh yeah, and he'll he took a picture of it. Yeah. I you guys, she was ruthless. So, but do you think of her any differently now? I feel like Amy and I don't look at her now. I'm like, oh this is I mean, her words hurt and she was mean, but m m so I ran into her in college m hm, and everything stayed on brand unless and listen, I have changed a thousand times over since I was even twenty five twenty seven. I just don't know. I don't I actually don't think about her at all, which is great and that's wonderful, but I just don't know. I have no interest. And even honestly, I say hi to everyone, and I don't know that I would say hi to her if I ran into her, because I just don't think there's much to.
Speaker 3: Have you ever thought about? Though?
Speaker 1: As kids, we probably all at some point did something that was mean to someone that might have stuck out.
Speaker 3: In their heads of course, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Hm, Like, I mean, I can't think of an example, but there has to have been something that I can't think of that I said or did to someone that they could be you on the couch, no, no going. That person was mean to me. And so all that to say, I think that there is grace for people when they're younger. But then I think that there are those people. You find them when you're forty and you're like, oh, you haven't changed.
Speaker 2: I hope she's changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grew up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope she has, because that's not any way to live. Yeah, that's miserable. We all have the right to change, That's correct. Ki Kioko shares a relatable parenting woman on a nine month old daughter. I can't are nine months old. Matilda's first flight, so first fight over Thanksgiving she was I was so terrified, she told Kimmel. So I thought, what do we do? We have to bring her saw machine on the Plane's the only thing she can go tous sleep too.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love being a first time parent. I used to have the phone in Juli's ear when I was rocking around the plane. With like this this sleep machine to like go to sleep, or oh my god, this is funny. The star continued. She's so she's crying. It was hard. She finally fell asleep, and she's on U. She's on Tom, her husband, or I think they got under their engagement. The sound machine is on and we're finally like, ah sy. The steward's come over and he's like, hey, one of our passengers would love it if you would turn this sound machine off. And I'm sitting there and I'm like, oh my god. The coca recalls and I can feel Tom be like, hey, ask the passenger if she wants to hold our screaming painted shots. When we turned it off, and I mean the ice went into the veins. I couldn't believe by the way she asked us to turn it off. The base added, uh, she said, this is so crazy, and what a terrible job to have to be a flight tendant, have to deliver a message of that type. We were so angry. So then we landed and was the woman in right in front of us, and so we get up and she goes, oh, so your daughter does know how to smile. It was in that moment where I understood why why women end up on dateline.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she had two first names. Wait, the woman in front of her, what.
Speaker 3: Your baby does know how to smile?
Speaker 2: This is what I'm saying. Guys do mean girls? Stay mean girls? Is what I'm saying. I hope not, but like there's people like.
Speaker 3: That for sure.
Speaker 1: I also I would have responded, like the husband, sure, I'll turn it off if she wants to hold my screaming baby. You would, actually one hundred percent yeah, in a very nice way, I'd say, absolutely, you.
Speaker 3: Can have my baby and get to sleep.
Speaker 2: So I mean, we'll forget that they were babies. That's what my comeback is always when everybody has anything to say about babies, I'm like, I think you forget you were a baby, and you probably had a rough flight.
Speaker 1: I always such anxiety for moms on planes, and not because I care in the least.
Speaker 3: They don't bother me.
Speaker 1: It does not, But if I know they're having a hard time, I know that feeling and that anxiety, and I just hate it for them.
Speaker 2: It's not fair. Anxiety.
Speaker 3: Yeah sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Chanda's like, and I'm the person asking I was.
Speaker 2: Just kidding, Yah, I just I Okay, how do I say this? It drives me nuts when people do not have the when someone's watching a show on the plane without the headphones in, it literally drives me bonkers. And I'm like, my whole body language is like yeah, you know, like it's so rude to me. I married him, and I down not always, but for a minute, I can't do that. Well, he's trying to connect, I know, but I'm like, can you just pause it? Like every ounder? So Devil's advocate? What is I understand? And again hello baby? Well I also would like, this is silly, but I'd like to know the kind of sound machine because I do feel like a plane sounds like a sound machine. I was going to say also what I was going to do, but I mean like, and you know, I would go, I go like in the ear, like you are a mock sound machine, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, So I think there's I think there's variables to all of this. And I'm like, and again I get it. We all have babies, we get it. Like I'm not like and I love Kaylee like the whole thing. Having said that, again, how loud was it? What was the actual sound? Because I will say this, I love sleeping with the sound machine on people that i've been, you know, when we're when we're on tour. You let's just say one of y'all do not like the sound machine. If they watch the answer stories, they know it's me. It sounds like we're in a tornado. So I need that to sleep. Yeah, but some people like silence. So if it's a noise that's driving someone crazy, baby or not, I'm sorry, Like I don't mean to be like blunt with it, but I just kind of the rule to not have the sound if it's being distracting to another person. I understand the mask.
Speaker 3: I don't like comment with a baby would be more distracting.
Speaker 1: So if it now, if the baby's already asleep, you could probably turn the noise maker.
Speaker 2: Up, make it lower, you know what I mean, Like, maybe it a little lower, put it closer to the ear and away the men kind of you know. But yeah, I'm with you. It's mostly it's just the comment. For me, it's the comment afterwards, I because it's the off two like that just kind of tells you where what you know, whatever. I will also say this. I'm not defending, said passenger. There have been flights that I have taken where I have been in a very tumultuous personal on my way to someplace like to grieve, or to death, or to hospice or to like, you don't know, and you're just like, I wonder if that woman feels like she wishes she didn't say that, you know, Yeah, I hope so. Yeah. I think we all say things that we don't mean sometimes, and maybe she was going through something. I truly think when someone says something mean, they've got something they're going through. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, oh, I had a great quote for this the other day too.
Speaker 2: Can you dig it.
Speaker 4: Out of there?
Speaker 3: It's just people's responses aren't about you, it's about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah they ah? So, I mean that's our hot topics. I feel informed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew none of this.
Speaker 2: None. It's like a liturely zero. I didn't even know that Shana married Oscar Oscar Leli, I know Oscar de la Hoya on that stuff, I don't know anything. Well, So on that note, is there any other hot topics that we have? I always feel like you're teeing us up for something when you literally got nothing no, I would say, I am struggling, like with parenting my son right now. So that's just my vulnerability moment where I'm like, I want to he's such a leader. I just want to be what he needs and I can't find the sweet spot for what that is. He's a very alpha male out of the gate. He has been. I he just is, and so it's a yeah, it's in them, it's it's incredible. When he was four his Character Award was for Godly Justice, and when he was five his Character Award was for passionate Heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So those are big things for people to see in him. Sure, but stewarding that is really tricky. Yeah. Well, girls, I love you and uh, channel's judging me again. I am not judging you, basically, I try not to do. It's just because it's it's it's a childhood thing for me. Sure that the belt the thing, it's it's it's in that I don't have a belt, which is you know, it's like it's but we all have very different parenting styles.
Speaker 1: What she's trying to say is I know that Catherine has spanked her kids before, and I judge her for that.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't I am no I and Jason Legend couldn't.
Speaker 1: Different of those words out of her mouth, but I knew her brain.
Speaker 2: But how I speak sometimes to my it's not right either. So it doesn't make it any it's just it's all the it's just how we like I have reacted in awful ways that I have to take back. It's just there's something about the physicality piece for me that is is a very deep thing for me in childhood. Well, it's always for me. It's not out of anger. I can't do anything out of anger. That's my promise to myself. Yeah, that's what's because that's when it's like, yeah, like I, so did you did you put it? Like all like what did you do? I'm gonna get banned. We're just gonna all right, well I judged b