Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, We're brewd.
Speaker 2: Empissure, ambition, ambition, ambition.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like I was fired a little bit by Beyonce or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna did a little opera on it, but exactly like a look the number the first black woman to have a number one country album on the Hot one, Hot two hundred, Hot one two hundred, you know, the Billboard Albums, which it's so funny because now it's like number one record. You know what was it, Casey musk Grave or Justin Timberlake or something like that. It'd be like forty seven thousand copies sold. Beyonce sold four hundred seven thousand copies, of which it's in the era of streaming. I mean, you know what I mean, Like, it's incredible. It is incredible, so not just number one country but also number one album period.
Speaker 1: Paragraph I mean, it's just okay, go ahead, Blackbird.
Speaker 2: It's so good. It's so good. But yeah, the solar eclipses today, are you going to tap into your inner eight year old?
Speaker 1: And no, because I don't want to lose my eyesight. I don't have like you don't have your glasses. No, I know, I know. So I'm just gonna like watch them. I heard like, you have to be so careful that if you like, well, yeah, yeah, don't trumpet.
Speaker 2: There was a clip. There wasn't a clipse seven years ago, but the next total eclips in the US, it's not going to be for twenty years, totally clips the home rio. I'm determined to make it a core memory for him. Oh hi, buddy, Uh, he's fine. I'm determined to make a core memory for him. So I got the glasses. But the school just texted me and sent a message and they're like, yeah, we're not h taking on the liability of your children's eyesight, so if you want them to see this eclip, you better come pick them up at two.
Speaker 1: Yes. So I'm very agree though, because it's risky.
Speaker 2: I sent him with glasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you kids, they're gonna take them off and be like I to take.
Speaker 2: Him to his face. I hope I get to enjoy it. I'll be so focused on him not to destroy the baby writtenas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and literally I'm just gonna I'm gonna go outside because what time is it supposed to start?
Speaker 2: I think in New York. I don't know about Jersey because it's very it's very like it's about your location because it starts in Texas and then it goes h or in New York. I think between three to three thirty is the window. It's only going to be like a four minute experience. But like it's all very confusing or not so confusing, but it's all complicated because like we're only going to have ninety percent totality, okay, which means that we're not going to have the full total eclipse. You got to like go to Buffalo. You gotta be in the zone of totality.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm I'm making it. I'm making it happen as you do, and changing my entire life for the cheat and always I have come to terms with that is what the next year or two is going to be like, instead of just fighting against it because it happens so often. Because I'm the stay at home mom or I'm the work from home parent, I effectively am also a stay at home mom in the sense that like being available to pick ups, there are sick days and you know all that it really falls on me. It makes it so much more difficult to have a business. At the same time, but instead of kind of resenting it, I'm sort of like, at least for today, because some days I'll be so annoyed, but today I'm just going to be like, look, you can stand to not do a little bit of work, Like for the next six months to a year. Only thing I got to do, really got to do is the podcast in my book. And if I just focus on those two things, then I will stop. I think like resenting and pushing so much because the problem is that I really love it. It's I freaking love sitting down and doing a craft or a lego for like three hours. And I know that makes me I don't know what it makes me.
Speaker 1: No, it makes you like blessed to be able to like love to do, you know, to be able to do a thing that you love this you shouldn't have to apologize for that.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I also love to do stuff for myself, but it's like I haven't. I do feel very fortunate that I have a choice, and because of that, I talk myself into choosing the kids, like, oh, I mean, look at this freaking office that used to have got to look too far.
Speaker 1: I love it though this is kind of my favor iteration.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, we'll see where it goes next. But anyway, what's happening in your world? You about to go to Atlanta? I am atl shorty. I can't say, but I'm going to be doing something with a famous artist.
Speaker 1: I know. Maybe when it's done, I'll be able to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, famous in Atlanta? Is it t I NOA on three thousand.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're Atlanta based. They might be, but I don't know. I never thought about that. Are they Atlanta based? I don't know. Anyway, we're surprising some students. Obviously, it's financial education based for surprising some students, and then this artist is going to come and surprise them. So I'm getting, you know, get to do something fun, cool, Yes, but honestly so last week I got to meet Donald Miller. Have you ever heard of Donald Miller of Story for the Way my heart dropped?
Speaker 2: Donald Girl, I'm no, who's Donald Miller?
Speaker 1: So? Donald Miller wrote this like transformative like business book called Story Brand, and that really helped people to rethink. It's old millions of copies now people to rethink the way they market their business and just like their business in general, like what is the story behind your brand basically say that like.
Speaker 2: You have love forever and like you wrote something in for his book, or.
Speaker 1: Like no that was launched that was oh it is named Jeff Walker. I've launched, but in that same kind of vein. So I met both them for the first time when I went to the Author for Author conference last August, if you remember, I got invited because it was like kind of like this conference to get authors who sold, you know, a ton of books, to connect on books, but also business, the business behind books, you know. So it was really great. And so it was at Donald Miller's house. He's got this fifteen acre estate in Nashville, Tennessee, really well appointed. He has three compounds on it his home kind of like this meeting space that looks like a home but it's really beautiful, and then also to a guest house. So it's just fancy. I fancy on fancy. So when I was at Author Authors, I won we played some raffle and I won a prize. And one of the prizes that I won was to go to Donal Miller's house with my team for coaching session. Because he is also really well like world renowned, as like this like business coach like he's coached with some of the biggest names in business. And so my team and I prepared ahead of time to kind of share all things happening with budgeties the Liberatory Academy where we're kind of having trouble. So I brought my finance person, I bought the manager of the academy, I brought my project manager, I brought my content person, and myself until we all created this presentation where we presented to him the good, the bad, the ugly of all things happening, and he gave us just some really amazing feedback. I mean, you know, you know me, I've been talking a lot to all of my kind of like mentors and things because last year was such a hard year and it's clear that there's a shift happening in this space, and I wanted to get ahead of that shift. And he confirmed some of those shifts. So one the number one thing that well, what I really loved is that when we were done presenting, he said, first before I start, I want to commend you for the amazing business that you've built. And I was like, what he said, I can tell by the way you guys are talking and sharing, you know, we did like forty five minutes of presentations that I don't think you fully understand what you've built here and how amazing it is that you've built something with integrity that helps people that down the market, that has made nearly fifty million dollars fifty and you've been in business for fifteen years. Impossible on impossible, impossible, but you've done it. I just want you to like absorb that. So I was like, okay, because you know, you're like and then this is wrong and this is wrong. And he was like I could tell that you don't fully like, no, I just we gonna let that so good, you know, And so that was just amazing. And then he was like, and second, I want you to know there's a shift happening in this industry. That what you're seeing is the shift, not because you've done anything wrong, you know what I mean. There is a shift away from I think people are maxed out on a lot of digital courses and things. If not done well, they're kind of maxed out. He's like, there's a shift. He's like, I've consulted with Masterclass. There's a shift. I've consulted with all these other big online kind of courses in schools, and he's like, there's just a shift happening. And so he just gave us some suggestions about what we can do to circumvent the shift, which really to kind of build a whole different business model. And he gave me something this is really good for our business people listening. He gave me this really good piece of advice or kind of like insight. He said. Even as someone who's been as successful as him, he said, he felt overwhelmed, like every few years, he felt like he had to rebuild his business. And he said, what am I doing wrong? And then he went to Disney World with his daughter. He took her for the first time, and he said that when he had been to Disney World as a kid and he noticed, he's like, oh my gosh, Gardens of the Galaxy, that wasn't there. Oh my gosh, Harry Potter, that wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Then he said it clicked to him that Disney is constantly iterating they're taking down old rides and putting up new rides. If Disney has to shift constantly, what am I talking about? That? He said, it was an a high moment of that's just how it goes you'ren't.
Speaker 2: Doing anything wrong. Mind mindset shift.
Speaker 1: Yes, then you're not doing anything wrong. If the business model that you're working on is not working anymore, that's just how it goes. You didn't do anything wrong, it's just a shift. If Disney has to put in new rides, then of course you're gonna have to shift your business model. Hey, ba fan, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Well, shit, have you ever got been in to a Have you been to a Duncan lately?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: Not even dunk dd?
Speaker 1: Why don't even some dunking Donuts?
Speaker 2: Now? It's not Dunkin Donut it's just Dunkin now, girl. But when I think about the incredible transformation of Duncan, that was like the grimiest place you get a black cup of coffee, feel like construction workers, you know, maybe like an errant police officer at the end of their night shift. And now it's like toe to toe against Starbucks, you know. So I yeah, but I think that's amazing and such as such an important. It's just it reminds me of how I talk to people about their careers too, because like you can't like index funds are amazing, right, passive investment, you set it and forget it. But your career a business, kids, it's not like that. And I think when you expect the when you expect a little bit of that up and down, then it's people are so hard on themselves when like, oh, this job is like it was great for two years, but now it's like not a good fit anymore. I got a new boss. I you know, I want to find I need to find a new job, but like, oh, what am I ever going to find the job? You know, like the thing? And I'm like, well, I mean instead of finding against the change and like the need to pivot, just expected and planned for it. And I think a lot of us in our careers are just even though we're I think a lot of us understand we're not like the thirty year you know, retirement plan with the pension employee anymore, that doesn't exist. But at the same time we still crave that like stability that we're going to be here for it's going to be great forever to our own detriment. Like mentally, I love that. I love that mindset shift and approach, and I love that, yes, gave you the recognition that you damn well deserve at the jump, you know.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. What an incredible experience and what an incredible gift to win. I wonder what that would cost if someone wanted. How much time you could just been with him?
Speaker 1: It was four hours wow, okay, a full half day, and like I said, he had this beautiful Then he took us up a tour of the guest house. He's like, you guys can stay here anytime. It was incredible. It's in Tennessee, Nashville, Tennessee. Okay, yeah, and so it was just so eye opening.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: There was some ideas he had for us to have some more high ticket items, you know, like Budgenessa has been known for, like our low ticket items, which we want to continue, which he said, continue these, he said, but one of our struggles is that I didn't know how to break into a higher ticket item space. What do people need in that space? He gave some really good ideas about that. Because the problem right now with Budgetista is I because I've been doing this for so long, I'm getting people that come to me and say, Tiffany, I used to be a dream catcher, thank you so much, and I'm like what, because what happens is is that we really cater to the like you come in, you're really struggling, or maybe you're really young. Then you need like kind of like this handholding and then you're like, my budgets together, my dad is getting down, I'm good yet, and then you leave because we don't have anything else for you. And so like that was one of the things too, that was a grid aha moment. And he said, Tiffy, you've done such a good job. Then you graduate people and then you have no calls for them to go to and I was just like okay, And so he really like that was one of that he helped us to kind of identify like some like next level because I always felt like adverse to having like higher ticket items. And he's like, yeah, you don't need to do a higher ticket item to the fresh out of college college student. But the woman that you've helped get to a certain level is looking for more well, and she knows it.
Speaker 2: And that blew up, you know, and exactly imagine. And then my Nandy money Makers group, a couple of the girls the makers were talking about, Hey, anybody going to do the Tiffany and Terry c in testing challenge, like they really crave that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I wasn't offering it to them because of a place of I don't want to charge money because I want everybody is not struggling financially, some people don't mind paying for the next level of access. And so that's when I'm realizing that it doesn't make me quote unquote like I mean I knew that, but like in my heart, it made me feel like a bad person almost for like you know, charging more for more for like more service, more access. So he helped to break some of that. Honestly, it was just it was amazing. I just had like a really good talk with the team today. I guess the hard part is is that as you shift business that everybody might not be able to go. And I think that's the part of the game.
Speaker 2: Side or probably both right, customer amazing team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the customer, especially if we have like our tier system where it's like, oh, you come in and you're struggling, we help you. Then it's like, Okay, you're not struggling financially, you just need advice and we help you. Okay, now you want to make more money than we help you, Okay, now you want to connect with other people who created wealth, and we help you. So I feel like we're actually not leaving so much of those people behind. But like, you know, you work with people for a long time and it's like, you know, like we have it's almost like having this like Mexican restaurant and the cook is amazing, everyone is amazing. And then you shift it to selling sushi and you're like, we need a sushi like chef and it's.
Speaker 2: Like these people who know how to make an espresso.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so then it's like oh, but then you feel really bad because you're like, what do you do?
Speaker 2: So that's them to also grow and pivot or they need to also be anticipating the changes in your industry so that they can make themselves more or valuable to you. I think this is an incredible lesson for anyone, Like if you don't want to get replaced by the next new thing, you got to be the next new thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I see the folks that have done that, you know, have pivoted along the way. I'm like, look look at her, okay, and every you know, including myself yes saying me too, you know, and so but it's like, because you're right that I guess and I'm trying to I guess I have to tell myself, Tiffany, you don't have to stop feeling bad about not being able to bring everyone. It still doesn't mean you got to bring everyone.
Speaker 2: But I think I'm waiting your responsibility. But you can feel bad about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think that's the part that I guess. I'm waiting to not feel bad about it, and I'm just like, you're gonna that's just how it goes. It's just yeah. So that's the hard part about running a business is when you're just like, wait, everybody can't go because I was everybody could go. Person, I mean, I'm much better nobody cutthroat.
Speaker 2: And know you had this huge shift after Superman's passing where you did make the layoffs, a huge shift, but that was more of like a I mean it was so it was so triggered by this this grease period, right, and this recentering of your desires and your It's just very different to like a cold business case, you know, which I think is maybe like what you're struggling with because ling events.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like, oh, of course your husband passed away. You can't do as much tippany. Of course, you give this grace in space, but to say the number said, it's like, oh, you know, like that's the part that I'm struggling with because it wouldn't be because of grief or whatever. It's really solely this is a business decision and I've never made that kind of like cut before from just a straight business space. So Garth the Kelly Hands Growth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Natasha Rothwell. I slid into her DMZ the other day, Natasha Rothwall, just to tell her how incredible she is, how much she means to me. I don't even check if she read it, but I'm I'm very much in like the.
Speaker 1: Oh babies in the house today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cuteors for wear. But he's here, say hi ba fam hi.
Speaker 1: I know he can't hear me, but he is too cute.
Speaker 2: Probably love your face though. Oh man, hey, last week I was so annoyed at myself because I left myself notes of what to talk about. I did not get a chance to talk about Lizzo. Okay, we talk about Lizzo real quick. Yeah, because she a couple and something new happens since So if y'all have been off the internet's h Lizzo put up this like kind of cryptic, very like old school Facebook, you know what I mean. Like, I got this update where everyone's like, come on, just tell us what's going on. But at the end of it, she was like, I quit it's too hard, and people, of course thought she was like, oh, I'm quoting music, blah blah blah, And then she came back and said, actually, no, I'm not quitting music. I'm just quitting like I'm quitting caring about what people think about me, essentially, and I am like, I'm worried about Lizo because then she posted like this old Tumblr not she posted on her old tumbler like this essay about her childhood and about like and it's written like in a third person, so she's speaking about herself and the third person like maybe Melissa was constantly had to force her feelings down and not feel anything and not admit how she felt and stay strong for her family and all this, and she posted it and it was extremely vulnerable and like raw. But I just wanted to talk about her because I kind of feel like we're seeing a bit of like the Simone Biles moment for her. I mean, when Simone, like you know, walked away from the Olympics because her head wasn't right and she was endangering herself. And Lizo's doing it in a public way, but I have feelings about it. I just wanted to know, like, what are your what are your thoughts on it? Do you even care? Hey, be a fan, We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: No. I mean I saw that, and honestly, at first, I was like, no, she's quitting music. That's what I thought at first. I did not know about the Tumblr post. I think that being a human being can be quite the ride, and it's hard, and I think that I I don't. I am still navigating how a human and that it is. It is if you can to grab the joy where you can find it, and if that means kind of like blocking out negativity, then do so, and leaning in to the things that make you smile and give you joy, then do so. Yeah. I mean, Lizzo has been through a lot. I mean, I know, you know there's all the stuff about her or whatever, but you know, she's been through a lot, and I just hope that like she figures out away the center and to find peace. I mean, I think we're all trying to figure that, and lord knows, I am, you know, I just.
Speaker 2: Like it makes me sad because you know, the whole the whole drama with her is that her former employees are suing her for like harassment and you know, unfair work environment or something like that, and like that's true, but also I don't know why, like in the business, in the music industry, it seems like she's been like canceled and her peers are not like supporting her anymore. Because to me, it's like like you were saying, I mean, as you're growing as a business, or as you're growing as a celebrity and you're creating a business and you're becoming a CEO of your business and you're managing people for the first time, Lizo's so young. I hate that there's not a margin for error. And I think we all know, especially as a black woman, like there's so little margin for error. And people like to make fun of Lizo for her body positive tivity kind of stands in the beginning, and now they're kind of holding her. They're like judging her against that, like, oh, but you said you were going to be perfect and you were going to be different and you were always going to be positive, but you failed, and so now like you don't get to do what you did anymore. It breaks my heart. Like Beyonce took her out of her song when the Renaissance came out, I'm like, give her some freaking like some latitude, give her some like room to figure shit out. And I it just makes me sad, and I hope that she gets through this because I thought we were doing better, right, We're all supposed to be like, don't forget about how we did, Brittany, Like, we're supposed to be better.
Speaker 1: Yes, But now here's the thing that I remember. So when I went to the White House and I met John is it the White House Secretary? Yes. One of the things she said that I thought was so enlightening, and I'd heard this before. Someone asked her, how do you deal with all the negative press, especially by way of like Fox News and stuff. First of all, she joked about it. She said, they're ubsessed with me, right, like obsess So what she said it like you know, and she started laughing, not wrong, right, And then she said, honestly, my team hates that I do this, but I don't read the good or the bad, she said, because if I read all the good things about me and I believe them, then when I read the bad things about me, I believe that too. And that she just said, I just do my job and I love all my parents and my partner. That I don't read the good or the bad. And I think there's something to be said about not giving too much energy to everybody blowing you up and gassing you up, because if you do that, then you're going to give them a lot of energy when they start to tear you down, which inevitably they will.
Speaker 2: And she was very online, you know, during the pandemic lived it was one of my favorite things. She'd be like eating a vegan burrito and you just living her life and being amazing. But yeah, and then the connection to that is also Angel Is it Angel Angel Reese? I know it's about basketball. I don't really want to. Yeah, I did not watch the NC Double A, So how what do you call it? NC Double A?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Championships?
Speaker 2: But Angel Reese I did remember because was it last year? On this time? She was she did something during a game that was like and people gave her so much crap for it because she like did something like.
Speaker 1: But you can't see me, that can't see the white.
Speaker 2: Player Caitlyn Clark. Yeah, but apparently like she's getting a lot of like just beyond that, like hate threats, you know. And I loved and they lost. I guess they got to the final four and they didn't they didn't win, But at the press conference, I just loved how her teammates went out of their way to like stand up for her, yeah, and just remind people that like she's a twenty twenty year old, like twenty one year old woman, Yeah, in a very like high pressure sport and where again not giving anyone a chance to just.
Speaker 1: Be and also too, she's not doing anything wrong. Literally, it's not even about perfect. Caitlyn said, Uh, this is a competitive sport. We talked shit, Like what are we saying? Like the guys talk shit? Have you heard when they have their little mic song? That's what they do. They be in each other's faces like, yeah, you thought she was gonna get that, didn't you? And guess what off the court and Angel said that, she said, off the court, we're all, hey, girl, how you doing? Like all that exists that like that whole like because they're women playing and honestly, let's be real, because it's a black woman, because y'all didn't say that you didn't have that same energy for Kitlyn. Caitlyn talks shit too, that's okay. Like sports, it's about like you know, it's this aggressive energy that's part of sports. And then afterwards, it's only if later I see you at the club and now I'm trying to run up in your face and that's not the case. And it's just like, no, they're on the court, emotions are high. We're not lady like on the court, like we're here, we're talking shit like this, it's happening, and so like, I just think that that is the you know, that's the part that's kind of disheartening is that, like, you know, she's not allowed to play sports the way everybody else is allowed to play sports. It's like, as a black woman, I'm not gonna lie like what we talked about last week. If I'm at a restaurant, I'm even more mindful if I'm being too loud, even though the drunk table next to me of white girls can can who holler as much as possible, you know, but I know the moment that I'm like, ah haha, it's like, oh, here comes black people being loud, and I'm just like ugh, it's really annoying and tiring, and so I understand, like it it's respectability politics that are only impressed upon black and brown women in that way. And so in a shame on Emmanuel Ocho, who is this Nigerian American like commentator and like just dragging. I don't know the thing about manual, So I'm not gonna lie so one like you know one, you know, he has a series like conversations, uncomfortable conversations with a black man, which I want to be honest, I feel a little co opted. It was little co opted someone who has Nigerian parents. I don't know that I'm going to do uncomfortable conversations with a black woman because there's a space where I'm like, hmm, my experience is different because of like both my parents being born and raised in Nigeria. Let me sit this one out and support a black woman who has this like African American black experience, because that's basically what he's kind of co opting. So there's already pushback on that. Nigerian American Yes, which I'm just like, let's be real, it's not the same experience. It's okay to sit back and just say although I am black, there is levels and I can't speak for a community that I only have part of my foot in as it relates to like you know. So there was a little bit of push back there where Well, here's the thing. It doesn't mean that like because it's like, as I speak for black people, sir, I don't know if that's appropriate, you know what I mean. So there's that. And then two the way he came down so hard on injuries, talking about she's the villain. Angelice does not identify herself as villain. If you go to her her or her insta, she's like girly, feminine. This is what the press has called her. And you just reiterating that as a black man, so you claim.
Speaker 2: Just like she just like why couldn't she be He was.
Speaker 1: Like, well, he's saying like, you can't be a villain in the in the streets and then crying at the press conference, And the thing is she really wasn't. She wasn't crying about losing the game. She was showing emotion because her team members were giving her love. That's allowed. But you know, some people like that just like to shake the can is what I call it, when you know, to be noisy, you know what I mean, Yeah, that's exactly. So I just want to say, shame on you, sir, as a fellow Nigerian American, you know, and so.
Speaker 2: That scammer that you caught Bob from Tyland exactly.
Speaker 1: But you know what though, they eating him up in the comments anyway, so you know, let them continue to chew him out. But yeah, some people just like you know, it's like you're wanting to say something, and sometimes it's like there are there are sometimes there are folks in our community that want to be wide aligned, you know, like I'm a safe black, and sometimes it's giving that and so I don't know, take it or leave it. Maybe he listens, maybe he doesn't. But I'm like, like, you know what I mean that it was giving that that. It's like I hate when I see that. It's just like oh talk yoh shit, like I'm not trying. I'm not here. Like I saw this really great clip of some of them interviewing in African when was he was a filmmaker, and like you know, they were speaking I don't know if he was Nigerian or Ghanan, but they were speaking Ghanan and the language and he had like produced it and with a can all these other things. And they were asking him, do you think that this is going to alienate like the fact that there's a language spoken here, that it's not angels, that it's going to alienate viewers? He said, what viewers? White viewers? He said, I know this is going to sound crazy to you. I do not send to white people in my life. I don't like I created this this movie or this film for the audience that I belong to and that I don't have to like no one else centers. Did you ever think of yourself, Oh, how is that going to affect the black audience? You don't because you don't send to black people. It's okay for black people. Do not have to center all things white. There's something why with white people. It is okay to create things specifically for your audience intended, and people can either get along or not. People can either figure it out or not. They could read the subtitles like everybody else is forced su when they don't understand English or whatever. And so I just think that like that is the thing that it's like people like him sometimes I feel like they center that experience as the experience. It's a experience. Is it a valid experience? A white experience, absolutely, but not any more valuable than an African, an Asian, a Korean, uh, you know, a Mexican experience. Like all those experiences are are valid and it's not like that is the central experience. I think that is why we have the trouble we have now in this world, that there are some people who really believe that their experience is the experience, not just a experience.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just gonna I'm gonna shout out just for a second, the nine to five girlies out there, because I think that's why you see so much burnout and just frustration. It's because to survive you do have to center your you know, your leadership to your leadership and your company, or you know, hide some parts of yourself and your own your own self just to survive. That's the that's the reality in corporate is like you can't be your full authentic self as much as they want you to be because at the end of the day, like the people who are in power don't look like you, and they'll only tolerate you and your realness for as long as it doesn't make them uncomfortable. And then when you start making people uncomfortable, which we so often do when we get comfortable ourselves, then you have the friction and the issues. So it's like, damned if you do, damned if you don't. But I just want to acknowledge that because I do think now that you and I own our own businesses, we are just a lot more free, yes to you know, to say the things that we say.
Speaker 1: It's true. Don't go don't you know, I can go on my react cause what they're gonna do, you know, But right, keep it cute.
Speaker 2: You're not really in fifteen years. Okay, she got options. I do want my one last sports shout out just because it's historic and the picture of her is the Dawn Stay the winner of the I'm gonna sound so ignorant, the winner of the college basketball championship for women.
Speaker 1: Undefeated South Carolina. You know I know that because my special friend is very into sports.
Speaker 2: Who was our special friend was a fan of the game called and that's the that's the football anyway. Coach Dawn Staley became the first black coach in Division one college basketball history to go undefeated, thirty eight wins, no losses, and they beat Caitlin Clark. I know enough to know that that is the goat. That's like beating Serena Williams.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's not one player, yeah.
Speaker 2: Just one player. So I just freaking phenomenal. Nice to see a black woman coaching women of color.
Speaker 1: And you know she she herself was a basketball player. She went at the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I see this picture for her. She has the most nineties.
Speaker 1: Yes, the curl under.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: But I love and I don't think people because this is what I love. My special friend you know now that I got to be at the sports just because he's in supports. So he was like that. What makes this year of like undefeated, like so so special is they lost their five starters. Five starters, so starters are basically the best people on your team that start the game, and so five of them were gone because they went off to college or whatever it went off to wherever they went off to, graduated whatever, and so to have basically almost a new team starting it is a testament to excellence in coaching. To take not even your best players to to you know, undefeated status, but to take players not to say all these players are obviously amazing, but you know, like to start from the from the beginning with the like you know, with this kind of fresh crop. You know how it is when you play something with someone there's like this team paraderie. You know, you can do a no look past because you understand, like, oh, that shoulder shake means this whatever, to start from that and to get to this and then at the end he.
Speaker 2: Was playing her in the biotic That's what I want to know. I mean, it just is like whichever, there's got to be amazing, there's gotta.
Speaker 1: Be it's me. I love this for them, I love this for her. It's just a testament to what good leadership can do. You know, you can outpay so much with excellent leadership. And just congratulations to that team. They work so hard and you know, I know they're like and also too, she is also like now more hopefully more and more formal players can see themselves potentially as coaches because she's been so successful. You know, all.
Speaker 2: He was very he was playing with some show.
Speaker 1: Ret me took a tumble. Well while man, you know, We're gonna do a little commercial before we break break for commercial break. Let's do break before commercial break. You mentioned that some of your Mandy money makers are like, are you guys going to do this this? Today's the last week to sign up for the investment class, right, and so.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: So I told you guys that this is the year. I told myself I'm determined to build my traditional investment fundamentals, meaning like I mean, I'm in the market a little bit, but I don't know what I'm doing. And so I told myself one of the ways whenever I want to do something new, I always look for a coach a guide, and so I found one for myself in February. Well, I already knew Terry for a while, but I asked her in February and she agreed to coach me. And then she told me she was having something in April where she was like basically teaching the fundamentals of like investing in the market. And I said, oh great, you know what I got to do with me though, he was like, well, if you know, maybe some of your audience members might want to join this five day live masterclass, and I said sure, And so it is coming up April fifteenth to the nineteenth. This is the last week to register because it's live, and it's live from the fifteen to the nineteen from eight to ten pm Eastern Standard time. Can you commit to five days for yourself? Terry is teaching every single day. Day one, she's teaching you all about the stock market. You might say, I know you don't. Day two all about indexes, which is one of the more more passive ways to invest, So we're not going to be trading, you know, in a traditional sense. Day three she's teaching all about opening up the right brokerage account, like where should I actually do this investing? Where should what platform should I use? And not even like specific platforms for what to look for. Day four, we're gonna buy our first stock, right, I'm excited about that, and so she said the stock range costs will be between about three to five hundred dollars. Even if you don't have the money to buy your first stock, that's okay because there'll be a simulator available where you could do paper money online, so you still get to the practice. And day five you get to sell your first stock. Same thing simulator. If you don't have the money which is fine. It's ninety seven dollars. So this live class five days. She has to have guest speakers. I'm one of the guest speakers. I'm the guest speaker on Thursday. I'm going to talk about how to get your money ready to invest, but also the mindset shift necess to invest. I'm just excited, so so much so so Terry. There is a VIP upgraded option, which I think in total is like two ninety four. That means you get the replay of the lives for those people who want the replay. The replay will be available for six months. You also get a six day instead of five days, and I think, yeah, that's what the VIP. So I am so passionate about having a group of people do this with me that I asked Terry, can I add some bonuses to this five day live masterclass and she said, you sure can. So I created bonuses for people who are signing up, and the bonuses are one if you sign up for just like general admission the ninety seven dollars, I'm going to give you an ebook worth about fifty dollars about learning to earn because sometimes you need to make more money traditionally, so in order to like have money to invest in the market, if you sign up for the VIP admission, which is what I'm doing obviously, is that you get like obviously you get all the live classes. You also get like I said, the you get a bonus session, all the replay. But for me, the component that I'm giving away is I'm going to give you a learn to Earn class. I'm going to give you a learn to Earn ebook. I'm going to give you this quick start guide that I created about investing in the stock market that Terry helped me to create. I also am going to give you one month free to my Literature Academy, and I'm creating a pop up Facebook group for the six days for the VIP people where I'm going to be in there. I'm actually flying to South Carolina where Terry is taping since I have to do like my own interview with her, but I'm flying there and I plan to get us some behind the scenes video with Terry. That's my and so that's a total value. But about additionally one thousand dollars because I learned to Earn classes three fifty. The e book is fifty. The other ebook is fifty, Literature Academy one month is fifty dollars, and the pop up Facebook group is five hundred. So it's about a thousand dollars. So on thousand dollars worth of bonuses that I'm adding on to that you don't have to pay for because I'm just I'm wanting, like I said, for myself, I don't want to I know that I work best in community, and I don't want to navigate the fundamentals of investing and beyond because I plan to do whatever's next that Terry offers to me, like I don't want to do it by myself. That I know that I need a group of people around me, and so I'm cultivating my group, and I gotta bribe y'all saying, do it with me. This is my do it with me. If you want the bonuses that I'm creating, if you go to Budget needs to stock bonuses, I'm going to have your money put it in them. It's a stock one yet I'm going to have her put it in the the what's the name the show notes? But budget needs to stock bonuses, and you'll see all the bonuses listed. And so if you want those bonuses. You know, you sign up for Terry's class there, and when you do that, I'm going to ask for your name and your email and now I'll be able to see who signed up, and then on the day before class starts, the fourteenth of April, I will send you those bonuses digitally. And yeah, because honestly, like I said, I would love to have a group of like one hundred people because I know a bunch of people will sign up. Already a few hundred people I have already signed up. But I know, when you really get down to the get down, if there could be like one hundred women that I could be like in community with, like all right, this is what we're doing this week. Because I just know that like investing is like a way to manage or grow wealth differently than I've been doing because I feel like it's a little heavier lift, like a less heavier lift than like business. So certainly I've grown wealth through business, but I'm like, well, what, I don't want to do business anymore than what? And so for me, I really want to get down with the investment components. So I'm excited about that. So a bunch OFISA stock bonuses five day Masterclass VIP. If you want to upgrade, I'm going to give you additional bonuses because I'm trying to bribe you all to do it alongside me. I don't want to do it by myself. And it starts next week. This is the last week after this. This is what y'all always do. I was too late. You should have told me. I've been told y'all, you know, like that's it. I don't know what Terry's gonna do after this, but I know it won't be this. So if you want to join, link us in the show notes, and we are back and even browner because we have ready in the house October a little bit of in our local today we can call Leche Little Due said today okay, and now it's time to booster. Break up, Booster, break up, Booster break Are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break? What you're gonna do? What you're gonna take? La la da da? Are you gonna boost? You're gonna break?
Speaker 2: Mandra hold on, I need to center myself to remember you.
Speaker 1: Go Okay, I am going to boost. I'm going to boost. So I am part of really mini mastermind of two older women. One is ten years older when twenty years and they're both in the financial education space. Although we talk about that a little bit, it's more just wisdom. And I have to tell you it's just the sage advice they give me. We talk every first Thursday of the month and we kind of just like share, like what's been happening, and they give the most just well thought out, kind loving advice, and so it's just been so helpful. And I don't know if y'all not, like in community with other women, it's just really important. And so like I just yeah, I just cannot speak highly enough of like I have other groups of women. But just recently I had my talk with them, and Sondra in particular from stage financial. She told me, she said, sweetheart, I want you to think of this. I want you to ask yourself, independent of family, friends, people, you're working with, money, anything, what actually brings you joy? And so I want you to you have made enough money to actually craft the other things around that joy, like what do you enjoy doing? And so I've just been thinking about that a lot lately, and it's really going to shift the way I navigate business because it has to, you know, it has to. I watched. I was on Facebook the other day and Facebook had this remember this eight years ago and it was a video of me, and so I listened to it. In the video said, hey, this is me Ti. This is my first Facebook live. I guess Facebook life mucha just came out and I was talking, you know, I was talking about over work, overwhelming burnout. Eight years ago. I said, geez, I'm like, oh, Pastiffany, trying to do better. And I thought to myself, like, if I don't shift something, if I don't center something else, eight years from now, I'm still going to be talking about the same thing. And I thought that making more money would ease it up some and it hasn't. And so yeah, I just like I just want to boost having like wide sage advice and actually taking it. And so thank you Sandra, thank you Lynette. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: All of that very god mother Okay membered So yesterday it was my seven year wedding anniversary with husbe can guys relation five Here we were the old married couple who like got to got to the restaurant right at eleven oh two because it opened at eleven for the brunch and we would we had the whole place to ourselves. But then I took him to see a movie and I'm just gonna do a break for I'm gonna do a boost break. I thought, dead Patel like, and I know him from slum Dog Millionaire and like, uh, anyway, he's kind of like one of my celebrity crushes. And so he has a new movie i'll call monkey Man, and I was like, he's directing it himself, he's starring in it. I'm like, let's go see this dead Ptel movie. And Rinkue wanted to see the Godzilla thing and I was like, I don't want to see Godzilla on our on our anniversary, and that's not going to be what. Oh, I should have read the synopsis for Monkey Man. It was the most violent, bloody I spent like half of it with my hands in my face. Don't be tiffany about the bad movie. I did it to myself. He liked it. He was laughing, and I'm like, but what he just gotta ladys thumb off like Jesus. But you know, all all all kudos to death Patel for directing and starring in his own film. It's basically John Wick but set in Uh. India and it was like beautifully shot in all of that, and it was about it was kind of about motherhood but a lot of blood. So boost for his first film. Go check it out. I feel like we got to support anytime someone's making their own art. But also a break for the ladies who accidentally, uh got tricked yourselves into thinking it was going to be a death Patel first Trap film and it was not. And that's all. And Remy Rue, your first episode of Brown Ambition.
Speaker 1: Is, oh, fr did you do it?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't smile at me, little go ahead and grab it, take it all right?
Speaker 1: All well, until next well until Friday, we have our b a q A. We will see you then. Oh wait, if you have not left us a review, please do and we will read them next week because we're a little bit busy right now. But yeah, please leave us a review and join us on Friday and we will see you later. Bye bye, Remy