Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne to.
Speaker 2: God, Peace to the planet.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 3: Good morning, yeah man, And it's just uh, it's just us this morning. We were supposed to have some special guest hosts this morning. Yeah, our good brothers, Wallow and Gilly, Yes, Wallowing Gilly from Philadelphia was supposed to be here this morning.
Speaker 2: But we woke up to some tragic news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which we'll we'll break down in the rumor report. Very sad. But it's Friday. How are you feeling this morning? How was your driving? I know there was some construction which made me mix lefts and rights and try to go already I had to go like around three blocks to get here.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we should tell people at least what happened to Wallow and Gilly before they you know, before they think something else.
Speaker 1: No, I just we got to explain the full story. And I don't have all the details, and I don't want to do it. I did they have a tragic loss in it. I had a tragic losses. We'll talk about it later. Yeah, yes, all right, Well there was I didn't see no construction. That was construction where you just you drove right up the block. When I dropped the block.
Speaker 3: To block, well, I saw the construction, so I went the other way. You drove down the block.
Speaker 1: I was listening to music, vibing out, and I wasn't paying attention until I got to the constructions. Right By that point, it was too late. And then I saw that two blocks away.
Speaker 3: Because I saw all the blue lights, I was like, okay, something made right. So clearly I made a left and there was cars backing up. So that told me all I needed to know not to go down that road. I'm blaming on that type of person. You're the type of person that see the trouble ahead and still you know what you are that type of person. See, that's the difference.
Speaker 1: I saw it coming two blocks away and I was like, nope, I'm gonna make the left. I blame it on Mary J. Blige.
Speaker 2: I was listened to Mary J. Blige every morning. I don't blame that on marriage.
Speaker 1: I was listening to Marry. I was in my zone. I was vibing, and then all of a sudden, I seen Tryson. What what the hell traffic get four and them five in the morning.
Speaker 2: You wasn't paying attention, right, You was not paying attention.
Speaker 1: When you rite you right? Okay, all right, well let's get the show cracking. Of course, we got front page news with teslaing finger roll coming up, and then we have a world premier we're about to get into. This is Travis Scott.
Speaker 3: After the World Premier and is already online.
Speaker 2: You gotta change his language and radio.
Speaker 1: Because people are just getting up right now and it's.
Speaker 2: A world for radio is premiering it. Yes, we're on radio because it's online, it's on title.
Speaker 1: You just want to ruin everything. It's just silly. We got to update our language, that's the problem. So what should we say that we're playing a new record from Travis Scott from your from your playlist to our radio. But you can't say new record because nobody does records anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, from new song, okay, from your playlist to all radio, from your screaming service to our radio station.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: How long is it? Christ it's a short song, so you got to call it like a snippet.
Speaker 2: Now, some people not stupid, like World.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a new song. Damn, it's Travis Scott, Bad Buddy the Weekend. It's called K pop.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning from your playlist to your radio station. New music from Travis Scott featuring Bad Buddy.
Speaker 2: In the Weekend, K Bob.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that. I loved it. That's not a too commercial.
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 3: That's radio from your playlist to your radio station saying world from missound insane when it's already on all the screaming services.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I like that, but anyway, good morning, we are to Breakfast Club. That was new music Travis Scott, Bad Bunny the Weekend. Now let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this Florida Board of Education what they're doing now, once again.
Speaker 5: A Florida Board of Education is back at it again. They have approved a new set of standards for how black history should be taught in the state's public schools, sparking criticism from education leaders, the teachers' union, and civil rights advocates who said students should be allowed to learn the full truth of American history.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: The new standards require instruction for middle school students to include Listen very closely. They want to include how slaves develop skills in which some instances could be applied for their personal benefit.
Speaker 7: Now, Florida Department.
Speaker 5: Of Educations, Yes, Florida Department of Education said in a statement, we are proud of the process that the Department took to develop these standard in any attempt to reduce slaves to just victims of oppression fails to recognize their strength and courage during a difficult time. They say that Florida students deserve to learn, deserve to know how slaves took advantage of the circumstances they were in to benefit themselves. Now Andrew Sparr, the president of the Florida Education Association, disagrees.
Speaker 7: Take a listen to.
Speaker 5: What both him and Vice President Harris had to say is.
Speaker 8: That old adage, if we don't learn from history, we're destined to repeat it. So if you are selecting what you can and can't learn in our schools, as the governor is doing right now for his own political ambitions, then kids are missing out on that education they deserve in need if they don't learn about how slavery really came about. In this country and how there were attempts to continue slavery even after the Emancipation Proclamation. If they don't learn about how there was separate and unequal in our schools, which Brown verst the Board of Education reversed and changed in how states like Florida and other states fought against desegregation, then we're destined to repeat that.
Speaker 9: Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery. They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.
Speaker 3: What I don't understand is they didn't like the old standards because they said what was being taught about American history wasn't true. Well, these new standards they created definitely aren't true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they taken credit for the.
Speaker 3: Script and methods of survival that you know, they enslaved learned based off a matter of circumstance, Like nobody taught us that that was a matter of necessity.
Speaker 2: We had no choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But you know it's I hate, I mean, we all hate all of it. But what's the solution. What do we have to do as people to make sure that that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Well, this is why you have to self educate your kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, as far as the legislation, yeah, you can push back against that, but I never, you know, looked for any of these schools and institutions to teach my beautiful black daughters what they actually should know. Same thing with us. Like, you know, I'd learned so much about black history by you know, doing my.
Speaker 1: Own reading, reading at home and research at home. I never learning of that in school. Yeah, but it's just now where we hopefully put our arms around the church and try to get more people in the church and do classes after maybe church or yeah, Like I'm just saying, because that's where a huge place where where black people and black families go to. How about your home, Well, besides the home, a lot of a lot of people don't know the education right and a lot of lot of people don't.
Speaker 3: You can't get the autography of Malcolm X. You can't go get message to the black but I can't get the mis education of the negro.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people are working so hard and they don't have time to do anything. They don't have time.
Speaker 5: Everybody doesn't have time to do this and get well, let's beak. Some of these kids live in shelters, guys, So everybody that is not in a home.
Speaker 7: You know, the public school system is not made up of people that have everybody everything.
Speaker 2: That's in the books that they need to these shelter is why.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm asking, That's what I'm saying. What's the solution isn't sending books to the shelter. Choice I'm not going to do.
Speaker 2: How y'all always reduce black people to the lowest problem.
Speaker 7: No, that's no.
Speaker 5: Well, hell on one second, No, that's not that's ridiculous. It's not reducing to the lowest. That is just one solution, first solution, and school board members are elected. So that's first things first, This is why it's important that local and state elections matter. We spend a lot of time talking about federal but people need to really get involved and make sure they have the person that they want actually representing them. Secondly, no, Charlemagne. Of course we teach self talk, but there's some people that didn't start reading books and didn't start getting engaged into their thirties and forties. So when we talk about the collective and overall, and how do we take care of children that may not have parents, Parents that may be struggling, parents that work a lot that just may not know how to teach their children.
Speaker 1: Parent household that where a mother or father's reading two three jobs, and when they come home they don't have time to teach, or don't have time to read, or don't have time for it. My whole thing is, well, what's the solution. How do we make sure that all these students out here understand history? How do we make sure that parents understand the history?
Speaker 2: Well, it's talk by encouraging people to read.
Speaker 1: That's number one, okay, And I don't know about y'all, but no matter how poor we were growing up in a single word trailer in Mons Corner, South Carolina, my father and my mother was always putting the book in my face.
Speaker 2: It was some form of literature.
Speaker 1: Your mother was a teacher, though, teaching, So it's a lot that I had to I had old either ROMI, who were always encouraging me to read. We should, okay, encourage our people to educate themselves.
Speaker 10: We are reading that Can.
Speaker 2: It be one?
Speaker 7: Can it be? Can it be more than one? Answer?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 2: This is but don't just state that kids can get access to books.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody just kids can't get access to books. I'm asking what's the solution. We talk about the problems all the time, but what's the solution? How do we help? How do we make sure that a community of people can help and can teach Because a lot of our education, a lot of our history, I didn't learn until I was a lot older. So if I didn't learn it when I was a lot older, when I mean a lot older, I was in my thirties and started learning a lot of our education and I went to an HBCU. So the fact that a lot of these people, a lot of these parents won't have the time and opportunity too. So as a community, how do we make sure that these kids have that the community knowledge. Now that we know better, we do better.
Speaker 3: But there there's never been a time where, you know, I don't care how poor we were growing up, somebody was giving me a piece of literature.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 2: Were educating our health through music.
Speaker 1: You had you had a rappers telling us to read certain books and certain literature when we was young. Yeah, but then we could talk about mental health while some people really didn't understand mental health to our until thirty forty years old, or even with financial literacy. A lot of people don't know about financial literacy, don't know about investor, don't know about accounting, don't know about any of that stuff. And a lot of people get that knowledge from school. But that's things that we can't be self taught because we didn't know it, we don't understand it. But now we're figuring out how that we can teach. But people don't know the books that you're talking about, so we have to.
Speaker 3: Get That's why we talk about them, that's why we reference that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: But it's more than right, but exactly so, dj An, to answer your question, I hope that programs are actually created. So for example, I did a whole podcast about it where the NAACP was discouraging people to come to Florida, and I was saying, I wish they would spend time on developing an actual program to supplement what they're taking out of the school system. So you're right, DJ, it actually requires a program, right.
Speaker 7: They got the book program. Now does that mean that the.
Speaker 3: Literacy literacy rate is terrible in Black and Brothers?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 5: So that's to the point of saying, it's not that people are not encouraging people to read. It's not that people are not giving people books. The bottom line is how do we get them to do it? And what DJV is saying, how can we develop programs to be able to say, hey, this is what we want our children to know.
Speaker 7: I want another point. I want to point something else out here.
Speaker 5: Elementary school teachers, the elementary students, they're being taught just to recognize who Rosa Park is and Zill Hurston.
Speaker 7: They're not even being taught what they did in history.
Speaker 5: They just want to recognize just their photo. So this is a real issue.
Speaker 3: And that goes back to my original point about how we have to self educate our children at home. Any of these white institutions to teach my kids about black history, I've never.
Speaker 7: But that's great.
Speaker 5: Well, we have to take care of the collective that don't have parents that think the way that you do.
Speaker 7: And you've been blessed, but everybody doesn't have the opportunity.
Speaker 2: I learned that way.
Speaker 3: I didn't teach before I was teaching my kids that people were putting that in me. That's something that the ottom of Minister Little Fire con Elijah, Muhammad, dodtr Marnineuther King Junior, Malcolm Max, any great black leader we can name. Marcus Garvey was telling us to stelf educate our kids.
Speaker 7: Right, you're blessed.
Speaker 1: That is front page news. Get it off spicy. Eight hundred five five one o five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's a Friday, guys. It's a breakfast loggle morning.
Speaker 10: The breakfast Club. It's a is it your time to get it off.
Speaker 13: Your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 2: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: It's what's up?
Speaker 14: Brother?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I got you know, I normally you rock with the lightness or kids, but I feel like this assistance, he's his you know, personal experience and pert cold, you know the things that are growing up and trying to general live everybody as a whole, Like everybody don't have or the parents that put the book in and everybody ain't got old. Everybody ain't got the same situations Like, yeah, they got books, but a lot of them can't read.
Speaker 16: And it ain't even.
Speaker 15: A matter of you know, well they got this and they got that. You know, we could put it in their hands. We got a tough teach. If they don't have the people around them, then what fader or got the knowledges on peach? How can they play expects onto the next kid. But it's not a matter of saying, you know, were making a huge form, but we're trying to you know, read them to the lower standard the reality situation and then learn more because they don't know what themselves.
Speaker 3: Well, that's two different conversations. Talking about the low literacy rates and talking about people not being able to read and being able to have access to books is two different things.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that we're talking about that access the books.
Speaker 15: But nobody is pushing them to get to the books because those people don't have let me you know, you've got people who started reading so they was my age.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you one other question.
Speaker 3: Right, you say that I'm generalizing based off my experience, aren't you generalizing based off your experiences too?
Speaker 15: No, I'm not generalized I'm saying as a whole, there's the reality of people. There's people that have the access and there's people that don't have the access. But I don't get everybody together and say, you know, because you know that they have the access, that you know they're wrong that they're not pushing their kids.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 3: Listen, you're absolutely Ever we're still having two different conversations. I'm talking about the access to books. Everybody has access to books. We can give them the books. Now, when you talk about low literacy rates, that's a whole different conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people have access to book but you have to be encouraged to want to read books. And that's the problem. A lot of times we don't encourage to read books. Yeah, he had all those those book at programs and all those different programs, but as a kid, I never wanted to read a book. I never wanted to I'd rather be playing sports. I was playing basketball and baseball and swimming, and there was really my mother encouraged me, but I didn't want to do it. I would rather be outside. Some kids have more encouragement and was able to knowledge. Even with that, you gotta have your grades up. I could never play sports because my grades was messed up. So even with that you got, you still got to push education, is what I'm saying. Even if you still want to play sports in school, you still got to push your education. And we had education. I mean we were no we. I mean I passed classes and that was able for me to do things. But I wasn't a reader at that age. I read more when I got older, But when I was a young kid, I did not want to read. I'd rather be outside of the sports. And the only time I honestly read was you know, in the summer time where you had to read to do them book reports.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was that kid that I only read when I had But you know, but you knew how to read people. But just now the whole other conversation, you got to encourage me. So like the difference between us and them is when I was a kid listening to radio, there was nobody on the radio saying, hey, you got should read that. Where somebody can call up here and you can say, you know what.
Speaker 2: Read this bottle of that book, Read this book.
Speaker 1: Read. Tom Joyner was definitely Tom Joyner was one of the biggest pushes of HBCUs mine was at Lover and Doctor Dre in New York. But I'm telling you what's up, y'all? What's what you got to say? Who's on the plane with least Andre? It was totally different. The breakfast club owning everybody. It's the j n G. Charlamagne, the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the room, let's let's talk. Gilly to.
Speaker 2: Call out name or you've got chatting?
Speaker 10: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells right right now for uh, everybody out there that doesn't know. Gilly and Wallow were actually supposed to guess co host this morning.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be here this morning.
Speaker 1: They talk about everything that they got going on, and of course Gilly fest. But weekend last night, we got a call that, uh, Gilly's was killed in a triple shooting in Philadelphia news head of only. Police are investigating a triple shooting that left one man dead and two others hospitalized.
Speaker 17: Let's get to Shane at police headquarters with the latest on this investigation right now.
Speaker 18: Those identities of those victims have not been officially released by police. But we are aware of conversation, especially in the community from local and prominent Philly community members who say that one of the victims that was killed in this triple shooting may be the son of a popular Philly rapper, So stand by for that. We're waiting on official confirmation there. But let's get right to the scene in the video, because this happened last night just about a thirty in the section of Olney, the corner of Major Bacheler and Nidra Street, I should say, just before a thirty, several calls came in. Police arrived to find two victims about a block away suffering from gunshot. WOS investigators tell us a twenty five year old manage shot in the back, rushed to Einstein Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Speaker 3: Rather of all condol to you know, Gilly and his family, and you know, it would hurt so much about this situation. As much as Wallow and Gilly do for the community of Philadelphia, as much as they pour into these young brothers and try to scrape them away from you know, killing each other and sh violence, to have his son be a victim of gun violence is tragic and a reminder that life is indeed not fair in no way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: Not fair and too short. Wallow posted last night, little Couz, usually when I talked to you, I got a lot to tell you tonight. The pain in my heart and tears spoke to you. I love you beyond life, Cheese. I got your father rest well.
Speaker 3: And we've said a million times, you know, you hear it all the time. Parents aren't supposed to be burying their children. I've been alive for forty five years. That's all I've ever seen is parents bearing their kids. And I'm sick of seeing parents burying their kids. But that is something that I just will never have an answer for. And I don't know what the solution is.
Speaker 1: It's just very sad. Man, Like you said, I could never imagine. So, you know, just just pray for Gilly and his family, pray for any all of the victims. And it's just a very sad thing. And twenty five years old and now young man was twenty five years old. He had a lot of life to live and it was taken away from him last night in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Very sad, and like I said, as much as Wallow and Gilly do for the community, of Philadelphia. Like those are the two brothers who are always being the old g's out here, putting their arms around the young boys, telling the young boys, you know, put the guns down, telling the young boys, you know, there's more to life, There's more to life's stupidity. Go out here, do the work on yourself so you don't project that pain and that hurt on the other people. And something like that happens to his son. Man like lord a mercy, pray for I really prayed for Gilly this morning, like for real, for real, when I woke up this morning I heard that news. I immediately started praying for you know, Gilly and his family.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, well that is your rumor report Luthu's Lutha Gillian Wallaman. I love y'all, brothers, man, we really do. I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Are value y'all, and I appreciate y'all, and I tell them that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, when we come back, we got front page news and then we got a new Travis Scott joint. Were about to play in the second too. So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club on BT.
Speaker 10: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil rapper is a badge of honor, and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort. Accept no substitutes. Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condoms.
Speaker 10: WWPR FMHD one New.
Speaker 1: York iHeartRadio station. Everybody is dj n V, Charlemagne the God. We are the breakfast club. Now let's get in some front page news figure rowers here, Good morning Tears.
Speaker 5: You're good morning, Happy Friday, DJ and Charlotmagne the God.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, and let's jump right into it. Former Northwestern football players announced lawsuits over alleged hazing. Let's discuss that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: More than fifteen former Northwestern University football players have joined a planned lawsuit against the university about alleged.
Speaker 7: Hazy in the school's program.
Speaker 5: The athletes detailed the painful, emotional, physical, and sometimes sexual allegations against Northwestern football. Twenty six year old Lloyd Yates, who was a quarterback and wide receiver from twenty fifteen to twenty seventeen, said that physical, emotional, and sexual abuse was normalized. I want you to take a listen on some of the claims that the players experience, and.
Speaker 7: I'll give you a little bit more information. On the other.
Speaker 11: Side, it is apparent to us that it is a toxic culture that was rampant in the athletic department at Northwestern University. I mean you had people holding them down, dry humping them, you had them being forced to participate in activities and farther and nudity and the touching of one another.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there was a turner, Benjamin Crump, who is working with these players and wanted to just give a point, you know, because there was a whistleblower that made this public. And so once the whistle blower came forward, everybody you know, kind of joined in. Lloyd Yates and particularly has received a lot of blowback from folks, you know, saying you shouldn't be speaking up. You know, he actually, from my understanding, is a legacy student and for those that don't know, means you know, it comes from a family that went to Northwestern, and so folks are really you know, coming hard coming down on him about you know, speaking up and how he shouldn't speak up. He said that the culture was so strong that they had to go along with it in order to survive of being able to play. He said that if you spoke up, it could have affected time on the field, and that the coaches were where coaches were aware of the behavior.
Speaker 1: Have the university made a statement?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they did, actually, Charlotta Mane.
Speaker 5: They said that they cannot comment on pending litigation, but did issue a statement saying that the university is working to ensure we have in place appropriate accountability for our athletic department.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's I think it's crazy because all these schools I think, I said all these schools, but the majority schools have a lot of hazing, especially when you're joining these athletic teams or if you're trying to join the sorority of fraternity. But it's just, you know, how much involvement does the school have, you know what I mean? Because a lot of these are players passed on through players to plassed on that they think it's quote unquote tradition. So I wonder how much you know, how much does the school actually know when it comes to it.
Speaker 5: M Yeah, Well, and this particle case, they said that the coach absolutely knew and would just you know, kind of kind of let it slide like a lot of schools do until you know, they get caught when somebody speaks up.
Speaker 7: I understop.
Speaker 5: The story was just interesting because you hear a lot about women with sexual assault, and so I thought this was, you know, really important to bring to everybody's attention that it does happen to men as well, even in fields.
Speaker 7: Like you know, football.
Speaker 5: You know that you would assume, you know, may not encounter those things with young men. So let's just keep an eye on that story and make sure we, you know, continue to pay cost attention to those things.
Speaker 1: I've been dry humped up here. What does that mean for me? Are you crazy? Don't know? If you hung you can have Well, we also said it's showing pictures innuity that ain't never happen. Bro, you gave me an ask for testicles.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a picture. That was not a picture. That was not a picture.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's talk about American's heat crisis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to bring this attention.
Speaker 5: You know, we talked a little bit about this earlier this week. With the extreme heat and climate change is real. I want to just bump this up quickly that they said, this summer, it has become America's America's new reality, brutal reality. But local, state and federal aid programs and infrastructure, they're trying to help people cool that don't have air conditions. So the National Energy Assistant Director's Association, which represents state energy assistant programs for low income Americans, said that there is no national plan to help lower income families to transition to higher temperatures. The solutions they have are based on the shorter heat waves, and as the temperature continues to rise, they don't have any solutions basically. So bottom line, they said that public policy has not caught up. A lot of folks out there don't have the cooling necessary that they need, and so they're asking that more funding be put into those programs in order to make sure that people survive this heat. So just another example, the climate change is real and this you know, this rise and heat is affecting many people.
Speaker 3: Climate change is definitely real, and you know this is what happens. You can say this is a poor problem all you want, but power outages can happen anywhere during a heat wave for a number of reasons and the most obvious is because the power grids can get knocked out, you know what I'm saying, So everybody turning up their air conditions at the same time can cause the power grid and cause the power to go out. And what kind of world were going to live in if you got to be in one hundred and fifteen degree heat and ain't no ac You already know people don't know how to act when it's hot.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, not only that, you got to think about.
Speaker 2: It like this.
Speaker 1: You know, with the heat rate or rise like that, that means power building and electric builds are gonna rise. Right, A lot of people ain't gonna be able to afford it because it's super duper expensive. And the way electric builds and power bills look now, I mean, it's getting ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So you can keep back and like you know, these problems won't impact you if you, you know, got money, if you well off, you out of your damn mind, were dealing with mother nature here baby, well the nation you don't care how much money.
Speaker 1: You got, not at all. All right, Well that is your front page news. Thank you, Teslain, and you have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure you subscribe to this gray shot, no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast Network, and follow Tesla figure out on all social media platforms. And she's gonna be discussing all of the things that we talked about this week in depth on her podcast, all right, and were about to talk about what now even though it is freaky Freaky Friday. Yeah, we'll do Freaky Figure Friday later, but were gonna open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. During Front Page News in the six o'clock hour, Teslin was talking about Florida border education improved new Black history standards.
Speaker 1: That that's how slaves develop skills for that personal bit, right, And I think the question we asked was what are something could better educate future generations on black history. Well, listen, man, I was always taught to never rely on white.
Speaker 3: Institutions to teach our kids, you know, And since white propaganda got people thinking that black people don't read and black parents don't encourage their kids to read, I think we should discuss some ways to properly educate our kids, like we know their literacy rate is low in black and brown communities. You know, we can talk about why that is, but we can also talk about people who can read have access to books and don't. And nowadays, man, you don't even have to pick up a book and physically read. You can listen to audible books, right you know. You can listen to the autobiography of Malcolm X. You can listen to The Miseducation of the Negro Bycology, which you know you can listen. I don't think they got message to the black man because yet, but you can listen to a lot of these great books nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was saying ear later, you know that that maybe it's something like maybe doing classes at the church where black families already go to anyway on Sundays. And I remember as a kid, we used to go to the church and they used to have music classes on one day and reading classes on on this day. But you know, what are some iggestionality to educate future generations of black history?
Speaker 3: Right to that point, the Bible is some of the first literature that people read, Some of the first thing that people learn to read is actually a Bible scriptures. Growing up as Jehovah witness, I was reading Bible Scriptures I was reading the Awaken magazines and the watch Towers. They had this big yellow book called My Book of Bible Stories. We've had all of these pictures in it, you know. So I mean that that that that could be a start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we got to encourage it because you know, when I was a kid, you know, when I was in church, nine times out of ten, I was sleeping. Or you know when Jove a witness or seven Day Events would covering the doorbells, we would not answer the door, or you know, or we wouldn't take the pamphlet, or we would be I mean, we'd be very disrespectful in Queen's But you know, we have to start educating our community. And let's discuss that eight hundred and five eighty five one oh five to one. What are some suggestions to better educate future generations on black history. Let's discuss It's the Breakfast Club the Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Up ma.
Speaker 19: It's topic times called eight hundred five five one five one. To join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Club Morning, everybody, it's j Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we were talking about something in Front Page News earlier today. It was the fact that Florida Border Education approves new Black history standards that teach house slaves develop skills for their personal benefit. So we were talking about since they're pulling pretty much Black history out of schools now and pulling out the books and don't want to teach black history, what do we need to do as a community to make sure that our young kids actually know what went on in black history and the future generation and how do we educate them? That was the question that we were having this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, like I said earlier, you know, you can't depend on white institutions to tea teach our kids.
Speaker 1: You know, that is something the Nation.
Speaker 3: Of Islam and other great black leaders have been telling us since the beginning of time. For me, I feel like we just got to encourage our kids to read. You know, we have to recommend books for them to read. I was blessed to have a mother who was a Jehovah's witness and an English teacher, so you know, she she kept the Bible in my face and watched howers and awake.
Speaker 2: So that was the first lie that child was exposed to. Then we had the book at program.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid in elementary school and I was reading four books to get a free pizza, and my mom told me read things that don't pertain you. That's when I started reading Julie Bloom and Beverly Clearly and all that stuff. And then my pops, you know, he gave me books like The Autobiography of Malcolm X, which led me down a rabbit hole of wanting to know everything I could about the NI But also any book that I saw Malcolm X reference, I read it, you know. And I've always done that. If I read a book and then they reference another book in that book, then I'll go read, you know, that book.
Speaker 2: That's why I.
Speaker 3: Thought, you know, when somebody like Nipsey Hustle was alive, you know, he was so brilliant because Nipsey would always reference different books in his interviews. Nipsey Hustle even had a booklest that he put out, you know, And I think that's that's what you have to do. You just got to encourage, you know, our kids to read and recommend them things to read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I said earlier that I think we need to develop more programs like even in the church, right, A lot of Black families go to church together and have those days where we teach about our black history and black heroes. But also I think as parents, I think parents need to knowledge themselves, you know, because it's very difficult to teach your child if you don't have the proper history. It's like anything else. Like, you know, my father's a retired police officer. He was able to teach me laws when I was a kid, and teach me about just things as far as you know, what to do if I get pulled over, what laws mean and how to judicial system works, because he was part of it. Same thing with my kids, you know. I have a daughter that's in the school, you know, in college right now for real estate and just past or exam. I have a son that is doing real estate now and sold his first house. But like these are things that they learned from their father. But like you said, I think we have to educate ourselves so we can actually educate our children, because there's a lot with Black history that I'm still learning now because I honestly wasn't taught as a child.
Speaker 3: I envy people who've gone to African American studies, you know, I mean, I love the way, you know, somebody like A and the Seals can just reference history so quickly, somebody like a Michael Eric Dyson, and you know, we know, we know the literacy race in black and brown communities are high.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other conversation.
Speaker 3: That's that's actually why Kevin Hart and I started our company with Audible SBAH production, because you know, I think that sometimes it's not that kids aren't reading, there's just other ways for them to get that information. So instead of reading nowadays, people are listening, you know. So it's like I always had the idea, even though we did put out you know, Finding to Meika and some of it, some of the eighty five. Some of eighty five is about you know, what happened the move organization in Philadelphia. But I always taught that kids, always thought that kids could take in this information by listening.
Speaker 1: I lost my train of thought. Just now, how the hell I lost my train of thought?
Speaker 3: Like oh, I was saying, I think I think that kids can learn, you know, more more by listening now than actually picking up books and reading.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I wanted celebrity, That's what I'm gonna say. I wanted celebrities to do the audiobooks, right, that was that was an idea we had when we launched this. Come you have celebrities reading audiobooks, right, and you know Audible kind of took the idea and they had launce Fishburn Readaughter Biker for you and Malcolm X.
Speaker 1: But that's fine as long as it happens, you know. But but you know what too, And I would also say this for a lot of parents. A lot of times we take our kids to you know, on vacation, and vacation can mean many different things from many different people. It can mean taking them to six Flags, it can mean taking them to Miami for Disney World or whatever. And I think sometimes and that's fine, but we we're gonna have to think of alternative things to do, like going to somebod experiences, right, but like going to museums like the museum that just opened up in South Carolina. When that's opened up in DC, and even when in South Carolina, I want to go to because there's so much history, right you learn that's where you know a lot of that's where the first ships came that a lot of us, you know, touch touched down on on this land, so I would learn I would love to learn that history. I've been fortunate enough to go to Africa and fortunate enough to go to South Africa and see these different places that you know, from where from where Bob Marley was in Jamaica to where I'm trying to think of some of the houses that we went to over there, so many different houses.
Speaker 3: Even with that, and you're absolutely right what you're saying. But just speaking from a person who has the financial means.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's what I'm saying, like instead of maybe going to six Flags, going to the museum, and sometimes there's museum that prices are not that expensive, they're ten dollars for a ticket, and I'm sure a lot of times they do it for free, just to teach our own But just experiences like that that we can actually see, touch and get the proper knowlogy.
Speaker 3: How about your how about do something as simple as go get a library card. That's true, you know what I'm saying, Go get a library card and then go, you know, look up some books to go get. I always tell people all the time, start with the autobiography of Malcolm X. There's a great book that I read when I was young, called from n words to gods, buy and killed, and the way that he wrote the book, he wrote the book the way we actually talk, you know what I mean. So it was like he's cursing it and he's using street banacular, right, but he's educating at the same time, you know what I mean, Like everything don't have to be eighteen letter Shakespearean words right for you to learn.
Speaker 1: Like I was able to go to Nelson Mandela's house. I was able to go to where Nelson Mandela grew up. So I was able to see it. But I had the means to do it. But before I had the means, my mom had me in his museums. But let's go to the phone lines. We got Jamisha on the line, Jamisha, good morning, good morning, good morning, Jamisha.
Speaker 14: Hey god, I want a first day that I love you guys, and I listen.
Speaker 12: To you guys every morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Jamisha. We appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Yes, So I just wanted to chime in and just give my advice. I ain't thirty seven, just to give you guys a idea of where I'm coming from. I'm a mom of a three thing boy and I tried to just share stories with him because the literature out there is not very fun for the kids to read or interactee, So I feel like it starts at home. We as the parents have to be encouraged to learn it so that we could spend simply verbally share those stories with our kids so that hopefully when they get older, they'll read those stories or watch those movies that we watched when we got older, or sometimes when we were given younger and we didn't understand.
Speaker 15: What was going on.
Speaker 2: Totally agree, So.
Speaker 14: I agree that it it feel like it starts there.
Speaker 2: Totally agree.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Starting the house. Hello, who's this Jerry? Hey, Jerry, good on and talk to us. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 20: Want to say fun because I just want my child's father is.
Speaker 12: Some of them.
Speaker 20: But I think we have to meet kids where they are. There's like so many social media acts TikTok and stuff like that. I feel like maybe artists in different acts or just different people in the media in general should start maybe relaying Black history facts that way where they are.
Speaker 3: You're right, but you do realize on TikTok one of the biggest uh things on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you call it.
Speaker 1: It's book talk, is it's a halshtash tag book halshtag book talk.
Speaker 3: Like like even when I'm putting out books, you know, on my own or through my imprint, like these these these public's Barns and Nobles and Simeon and shooth is pop, they always talk about BookTalk. They want BookTalk to be talking about their books because it's so big. So these kids aren't having these conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and those are the conversations that I love. And let's open up the phone lines again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. What are some suggestions to better educate future generations on black history? That is the question. And I just want to say one thing. It's like, sometimes you know, what's that? What's the saying? Sometimes your your your skin folk and your kim folk. And the reason I say that is because a lot of times I see people trying to educate and people the first thing they says, oh, it's a lie, like and I remember when you started talking mental health, right, and people like, oh, he's just doing it for a check. He doesn't really care. It is that and he ever got paid nothing from it. And this man has has gave up his is I don't want to say give up his life, but he's put his life in books to explain and to see how he's felt, and he's done so many things. And the same thing with me and trying to teach people about real estate. It's like when we try to do these things, we try to really put on for our community so that we can learn to get the education that we didn't have. And we're not saying that we know everything, but we just want to open the door for you guys to start reading, to start doing research on these things, to start asking questions. Just to ask questions. That's all we want. And we'll take your calls when we come back. It's the Breakfast Lug the Morning Kid's.
Speaker 10: Topic time.
Speaker 19: Called eight hundred and five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club, talk about it.
Speaker 1: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club now if you're just joining us. This conversation comes from Front Page News. Now. Florida Border Education approves new Black History standards that teach how slaves develop skills for their personal benefit. So obviously they're trying to take our black history out of the school system, and we're asking, you know, what's the solution. You know, how can we change that? We all, I already told you.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't depend on white institutions teach your kids, you know what I mean, Like we have to start encouraging our kids to read, and we have to recommend books for them to read at home.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Another good thing that I do, you know around our house is so much black.
Speaker 2: Imagtry right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So you know you hear just a Larry's making jokes about the big ass Harriet Tubman picture. But that's true. I got four daughters. Want them to see strong images of black women, so they'll they'll ask questions, who is that? You say, oh, that's Harriet Tubman, And like the young lady said, then you can have a conversation about this, right, who Harriet Tubman is? And you know, you hope that education continues on as they get older.
Speaker 1: Right, let's go to the phone line. We have Diane on the line. Diane, good morning, good morning, How good morning, do well talk to us? What's your thoughts? Mama?
Speaker 12: Okay, well, good morning.
Speaker 21: Let's go out to everyone to get out to do drugs and Chile the god. Ladysaid, let's uh figure out. I just wanted to say good morning. But I myself, I'm a grandma and my oldest child is older than used to my God. But what happened is because of the climate.
Speaker 12: I'm retired and I would stay with the opportunity to home to school with my eleven or sixteen year old grand I've been doing this for a couple of years. We were registered through the border beds in North Carolina. I'm from New York, but my family is from South Carolina. I took it upon myself to incorporate black history as a subject, and I seached them and we've been We're in all the books sixteen nineteen black history as our social studies books.
Speaker 15: We do that.
Speaker 12: We talk about history. We have there's a link black facts dot com website which gives you so much pertinent information black history. We talked about that. We're in the Quran, We're in the Bible, your book shook one. We're just all over the place. But I make sure that they know the foundation. I also, because I've gone through something some years ago, I send out inspirations. Every morning sixt o'clock in the morning. Used to be one or two people, is now one hundred and fifty people. And I do it one by one because I don't group. But what I do as I am like them.
Speaker 16: On Black History.
Speaker 12: We're not just for February, but for every month. And we talk about things, not that the normal things people would talk about Martin Luther King's not that we don't talk about them, but we've gone into everything. We talk about the mathewhood, we talk about the history. So I do that. Growing up in New York's history was something that Black history we were a part of. There was a lot of foods, There was a foundation history, and we were kind of taught that in the schools a little bit, but the rest really missed. We grew up in that era. It's different now. And it's true a lot of Black families tildm in history. A lot of them don't have mind to teach their children. A lot of them do depend on the schools. But you have to be minding children of what's going on in the schools that were there, to the schools during the pandemic, how they were handling that, and they're not being taught. But they can't blame the things because a lot of them don't know themselves.
Speaker 1: You're right, queen, Thank you very much. Thank you so much. By the way, how old are you?
Speaker 2: How old are you as a grandmother.
Speaker 1: I'm close to seventy.
Speaker 12: I never thought I would be in this permission, would be doing this, but I am brave that I love it.
Speaker 1: We we love it too. We glad that we're glad that God kept you here to be able to do it. That's right, Mama, absolutely absolutely, you know.
Speaker 12: I'll have a blessed and thank you so much. Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: A great weekend.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 16: This is right out of trend?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 15: Brother?
Speaker 1: Talk to us?
Speaker 16: Hey man, I don't want to give our shotot in the shout out for giving people information as far as how to learn their history. But I got the easiest format for anybody. You can't follow this for me, I just don't want to learn. All you got to do is go to YouTube and google caress one. Then you can also do certain songs because hip hop hasmation with us, you got the Grave Diggers picked Sick on Shovel with Riss Actually break it down a whole slave trade. The song I fought in the verse. You know you got sons and man, you got killer or you know what I'm saying, You got to pull right to teachers out of the trend and shout out for right.
Speaker 3: You got to kill a mike you got, you got, you got early ice you Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you're right, public aemy, California, public enemy. But a lot of a lot of those artists are artists that are our era of artists. What people are saying, like, you know, like you said, Charris One, you know, Charas one where he's breaking down, I want to play that Charas when you must learn, you got you must learn, you must learn. We're gonna put that record out. He breaks down all the you know, he talks about, you know, who created the stoplight and who created this and this, that and the ever but exactly along with.
Speaker 16: All black cops even even like you said you would learn. But listen, I know it's our error. But still, if you're trying to learn and you listened to hip hop, well listen, lazy waits you to do it.
Speaker 3: I'll give him another You're absolutely right, I'll give him another suggestion. Google Kendrick Lamar's reading reading look Reading reading recommendations, Google Nipsey Hustles reading recommendations. I'm looking at Kendricks right now. Invisible Man by.
Speaker 1: Rob Ellison, Things Fall Apart, The Black of the Berry by Wiles Thurmot, Roots by Alex Haley, The Color Purple by Alice Walker.
Speaker 3: That's that's Kendrick's reading list. So it's not like we don't have people out here that are encouraging people to read. What's the more of the story and more of the stories. What I said earlier, you can't rely on white institutions, uh, you know to teach your kids black history, you know what I mean? Like you do have to do a lot of self education at home.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And I also want to say, please, let's stop repeating white propaganda talking points in regard to to black people. If we start having conversations about black people self educating and encouraging each other to read, please, folks, let's not start saying black people can't read and black parents don't teach their kids to read. That's not that's nonsense, and that's not all the way accurate. You know, I'm saying all these people who called up here, you know telling us how they teach their kids at home. The grandma who says she homeschooled her kids talked in black history. Y'all give me a lot of hope. There's nothing dumb about us. There's nothing uneducated about us. Don't listen to these white propaganda talking points about us, and and and in regard to literacy, and please don't repeat them.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, when we come back, we got rumor report Uh Dwight Howard, he's uh in a sticky situation. We'll get to it next. Nasty, but not Dwight Howard. You because the way you worded that.
Speaker 2: But you know what you just did.
Speaker 1: It said the White House is stupid.
Speaker 2: You like to play dumb.
Speaker 1: I said, d White House in a sticky situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, when we're about the situation, you're gonna hear why it's sticky, a sticky predicament.
Speaker 2: See why the guy your predictamment.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it next. It's the breakfast left gome On. It's freaking right as.
Speaker 13: I believe that it be teaching history, deal with strength up facts, no mystery. He's the stupid what needs to be taught in white Kid's boat that chunks when one doesn't know about the other one's coach Shaw written suits down like the folk show no liter justin Janet Up. No one told you about Benjamin bad a brilliant postman that defensives are homine. Can't just see what k arrest is coming at what he like with me? Holly Selassie scrimp Bill Woods made the walk twisty look with slider Man approved on Edison Charles Truth did a lot of medicine, got more. He can make the traffic lights harry and tumping free. The slaves decis matter of see Jake woofs to make it straightening cool. But you won't know this if you weren't shown at the point I'm getting that it might be harsh just wooping around break back. See what I'm saying is not to this a man. We need the eighty non school system. Want that to this black return because.
Speaker 1: You must learn. Yes, Chas's one you must learn. Just just thought it was a great time to play that song after the conversation we just had. I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 3: And like I said during that conversation, you know, go get some book recommendations.
Speaker 1: Man, You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I recommended Nipsey house was reading lists for y'all. I recommended Kendrick Lamar's reading lists for y'all. But those call, those calls, those calls.
Speaker 1: Made me feel good. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I like that people are self educating their kids at home because you cannot rely on these white institutions to teach your kids about black history.
Speaker 1: Okay. And I also want to say salute everybody in Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 2: I will be there next Thursday for the low.
Speaker 3: Country Mental Health Conference salutor me and John Tecklenberg.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 3: You can go to low Country mh Conference dot com to see what they're doing all weekend. It's from July twenty sixth to the twenty eighth in Charleston, South Carolina. They have in person and virtual viewing options.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So they've been doing this in Charleston for like twelve thirteen years, And I had no idea until I was having a conversation with Madtech a couple of weeks ago when I was home in South Carolina and he told me about this. So I said, Joe, we're gonna help you amplify that, and I'll be there to welcome people on July twenty seventh. So go to Low Country mhconference dot com and I'm doing a book signing there.
Speaker 1: Okay, as well, you know, I was just after having that conversation. I was on the phone with my assistant, Mercedes shot at Mercedes big foot, Mercedes shut up.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Sades is six three stopping six three, size twelve and man, she played basketball. But you know, we were talking about since since we're talking about to create a place where people go and you know, my car, should we bring you know, ten fifteen thousand people together, we were thinking about doing some kind of book swat where people can actually come in and get a book and leave with a book, where they can actually you know, read the book, and we get people to donate books so that we can you know, continue to pass around the knowledge and the history. So we just got to figure that out. It was just an idea that came to both of our heads when she was listening this morning. So I think that'd be a great opportunity because we're always talking about you know, the church and places where we are, and I think that'd be a great opportunity where you know, a family can come and they can take a book you know what I mean, and hopefully get some knowledge.
Speaker 3: And also there's so many other ways to take in information other than you know, picking up physical copies and flipping pages.
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 3: I still I'm old school, so I like flipping pages. But audible, edible, you know what I mean. Any of these are not just audible, but any place you can get audiobooks. All these books we're talking about, the autobiography of Malcolm X's read by Lawrence Fishburne. Right right, like you can go, you know, listen to it like the same way y'all like to listen to podcasts. You can listen to your to these books that we're recommending.
Speaker 1: So all right now, when we come back, we got to talk Dwight Howard. Uh it's uh, let me do it. Don't don't do it, don't do it. Just say you got a story about Dwhighte Howard on need none of your little puns. Okay. I was gonna say it was it was just a nasty situation all over the end of yesterday. Yes, I was gonna say, Hey, that's it, all right, that's it, okay, all right, we'll talk about it when we come back and get sticky.
Speaker 2: It's breakfast Loco.
Speaker 1: Morning, you go putting everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ n B.
Speaker 1: Charlemagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. It's time to get to the rumors. Let's talk to White Howard. Call out a name or you gossip? You chatting?
Speaker 10: Is the rumor report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 7: Spells right right.
Speaker 1: Now before we start, Charlemagne, are you going to help me do this report?
Speaker 3: What you what you really want to say to me is Charlamagne? Are you gonna roll play with me? Are you gonna roll play with me?
Speaker 1: It depends, Okay, hold on, hold on, yes, you actually you got to pay for Let me tell a story. So Dwight Howard is sued for assault and battery by a man he allegedly met on Instagram. Now the man's name is Stephen Harper, we'll say allegedly. He's filed the lawsuit with wild claims against the NBA star. Harper said he took an uber to Howard's term or to Howard's home. While he was on his way there, he said that Howard texted him asking if he would prefer a threesome with a dude.
Speaker 2: Or a girl.
Speaker 1: Harper said he noticed Howard on his phone texting someone when he got there. A few minutes later, he said, a man arrived dressed as a woman and called themselves kitty. The suit claimed Howard began to rub Harper's thigh and stroke his egg plant through his underwing.
Speaker 2: You can't say penis?
Speaker 15: How you go?
Speaker 1: Are you act?
Speaker 2: I got a cursed word, say penis? Bro He stroked his penis through his under the store.
Speaker 1: This is just all blogged nonsense, right well, listen, is it's court document? Oh, it is a court document. He's found a lawsuit. Harper said that he looked at Howard and shook his head no and verbally told him no. Despite the alleged protest, Harper said, Howard continue. Harper said he told Howard to stop, which led allegedly Howard to be angry. They said that the instead up grab mister Harper by the thighs forcibly remove mister Harper's underwear and help mister Harper down and perform non consensual oral sex or mister Harper all right now, we also have these dms. Allegedly, so I'll be the top one and you'll be the bottom.
Speaker 12: I will.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't even know if I want to play this game with you number one, But if we did play, I would absolutely be the top and you would be the bottom.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. All Right, Well, let's go. No, what's up, Sexy? No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: You already did the story. I'm cool, there's no need to do.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: So I don't even know if these text messages real text messages are the easiest, easiest things to fake nowadays.
Speaker 1: What's up, Sexy? None? You what's helping myself?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got a ah hed go, I'm sorry. Just start my day off about the shower in a few ay emojis, I got you. But you have planned for today? You and atl we play today? Yeah, I stay in Atlanta. It ain't even juicy enough, to be honest, it gets juicy alright, let me see. All right, so we'll fast forward the atl for the all Right, you got to say you have some and that he goes. You send the picture, You send the photo. I put my tongue emergent, my tongue emoji though.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I don't want to you have some.
Speaker 1: You gotta go, you have some much shots. I don't know what that says. It's bleeped out you sea word s words you oh like rhymes of bum game cocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, all right, boom you have some sa shots l O L.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 1: I can make you real man.
Speaker 2: I just want to see your egg playing emoji.
Speaker 1: I can't make it like that. I can't. I can make you some personal ones, though, I just want to see your egg plan. I got you sexy, all right, man. When you need it, brand Brandon, I produce it. Actually, the research is with us. Good please branding you in Okay, go ahead, I got you sexy. Uh right here, come on. I want you more. I want you more. I got you poppy. Also, what are you into? I like freaky ish.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm it's a freaky brand.
Speaker 2: You know you don't have to do any of this. You work behind the scenes. You're you're choosing to do this.
Speaker 10: I want you to know. I'm like, I'm not like Gare or anything.
Speaker 1: I'm just nasty. Sometimes I don't want to know you. That's what we were thinking. He loved. He loved the movie. I was thinking that when you volunteer to do this happen, you're not gay.
Speaker 11: Let me.
Speaker 1: We're almost done. Hold on, yes, and I understand, Sexy, We're grown and I'm not offended at all. Watermouth Emoji?
Speaker 9: What he was? The water?
Speaker 1: That was the water The watermouth's a watermouth of Moji watermo that was the watermouth for Moji. Show me you gotta you gottadd that to your reperence. No, I'm don't have to add that to my repor nothing. Keep calling let me cool it? Yeah, I said, let me see, let me see, let me see a egg plant. Let me see a egg plant. Now go to that. You want to have a three some part? Brandon, he ain't read these ten times? Where you at?
Speaker 2: Man, you want to have a three something brand?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: Where you at?
Speaker 2: Right behind you?
Speaker 1: I don't see that part.
Speaker 2: The watermelon Moji isa with an egg plant?
Speaker 1: You different? Oh man? I hate y'all. I hate this show.
Speaker 2: I hate the show.
Speaker 1: It's freaky, freaky Friday alright. Was there any reason for you to do that brand?
Speaker 15: There was nothing but.
Speaker 1: That for recreation. Recre told me to add my record.
Speaker 2: Why would I add the world to my record? Battle?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I hate y'all. All right, And lastly, Travis Scott, you know we've been playing his record every hour on the hour. It features his new single features Bad Bunny and the Weekend.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: He actually did an interview here at the station where he talked to about the lot of the jocks, and he talked about what happened last night and he talks about his new record and the things that he's working on. Well, see, we're giving like a whole like breakfast club for real.
Speaker 17: Shout out to DJ Vy, shout out to big Boy over Big Boys and he holding us down. DJ Clue probably taking a break from playing basketball and.
Speaker 1: The clue you getting cooked. I see you in New York.
Speaker 2: Don't even play.
Speaker 1: You know what tomm it is? Shout DJ plub Dog all that.
Speaker 2: Everybody, you know what it is?
Speaker 1: Man, everybody on every station. Man, we love y'all.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually did that before he released his record last night. So salute the Travis Scott and we're about to get that record on. But before we do, donkky today. Who you give me a donkey to Charlamagne man?
Speaker 3: Floor after the hour four after the hour, we need to floor the Board of Education to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We'd like to have a world with him. I thought of the stay the floor after the hour?
Speaker 21: Four?
Speaker 1: What the hell? You know what?
Speaker 7: We know what you mean?
Speaker 1: You know what you mean? All right, we'll get to that donkey to day Next it's the breakfast club. Good morning at the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same. When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large sized condoms. That gold foil rapper is a badge of honor, and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort, except no substitutes. Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large sized condoms.
Speaker 10: WWPR FMHD one New York.
Speaker 1: N iHeart radio station.
Speaker 6: This is a miracle, there is no question.
Speaker 22: And there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 22: Now the new developments in the deathly spatshooting rampage.
Speaker 15: Then it was a really bad day.
Speaker 7: For him and this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: White supremacist violence is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 7: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 4: Sorry funny, please tell me why was I your Donkey of the day?
Speaker 3: Well, Donkey today for Friday, July twenty first goes through the Florida Border Education. What does your uncle Shala always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. And those folks is going to remain crazy because the current government they have is going to drive them that.
Speaker 1: Way, all right.
Speaker 3: See, the Florida Border Education approved a new set of standards. But how black history should be taught in the state's public schools. Would you like to know what their new standards are? Let's go to Fox thirty five Orlando for the report.
Speaker 1: Police.
Speaker 22: So, the Florida Department of Education board approved several controversial rules for the upcoming school year. One of the biggest changes is to social study standards for African American history for kindergarten through twelfth grade. The board had a task force rewrite the new African American History curriculum. The board feels they created a well rounded curriculum that provides a depth of knowledge of what African Americans have gone through, but there were many in the meeting that voice their opposition to the new standards, including Senator Geraldine Thompson, who believes this was an effort but not a comprehensive account of African American history. For example, she believes the Acoe Massacre will not be taught in a way that shares a whole story with both sides.
Speaker 6: I think we're shortchanging our students. It's the students who are going to suffer by not knowing the history and therefore not really embracing all of who we are. We can't celebrate progress unless we acknowledge the pain that came about with it.
Speaker 3: Very truth if they aren't afraid of a full truth of American history, and how conate just won't tell it. This is the latest nonsense in Florida's debate over black history. The Education Department already rejected a preliminary pilot version of ap African American Studies courses for high school students.
Speaker 2: Which it claimed lacked educational value.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you what has zero educational value, and that's lies, okay, telling people that the enslaved developed skills which in some instances could be applied for their personal benefit is a white devil damned lie.
Speaker 1: Slavery wasn't no vocational school. Nobody enrolled in slavery so they could learn the trade, all right. They make slavery sound like it was a weld in class.
Speaker 3: Right, You didn't want to implement the ap African American Studies class because you said they didn't tell the whole truth about American history. Well, these new standards y'all created on the true visa. You can't take credit for the strength and methods of survival that slaves learn based off a matter of necessity. They had no choice, all right. Nobody taught them that, all right. First law of nature is self preservation. Right, They're just trying to survive, all right. They gentrified our neighborhoods. Now they gentrified our past and our history.
Speaker 1: They really trying to take credit for how resilient we are as people after enslaving us.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine, if you know, when they're alive. Turner took credit for Tina Turner knowing how to take a punch. How would that sound? Now, let me give you an example of something you want to teach. You heard it in the news report, oh Coe, Florida, they want to talk about the nineteen twenty Okoley, Florida massacre, and under the new rules, they require that instruction includes acts of violence perpetrated.
Speaker 2: Against and by African Americans.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The massacre is considered the deadliest election day violence in US history, and according to several histories of the incident, it started when Moses Norman, a prominent black landowner in the community, attempted to cast his ballot and was turned away by white poll workers.
Speaker 2: That's like the whitewashed version of what really happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, what happened was a mob of white supremacist murdered at least fifty black people for attempting to exercise their legal and democratic right to vote.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: On November first, the day before the election, with.
Speaker 1: Their robes and their crosses, the kkk the klux Klan, paraded through the streets of two black communities in Okoe, and they had megaphones, and it was nighttime, and they warned that not a single Negro will be admitted to vote, and if any of them dared to, there would be dire consequences. If somebody walks through your neighborhood the night before an election and tells.
Speaker 2: You that if you vote, there's gonna be dire consequences.
Speaker 3: Then the next day, a mob of white supremacist kills fifty black people for voting.
Speaker 2: That is premeditated murdered ladies in gettlemen.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, when you say acts of violence, all right, when you say acts of violence perpetrated against and buy African Americans.
Speaker 1: Please knock it off.
Speaker 3: There was no violence committed by African Americans in regards to the O Koe massacre, unless, of course, you think black people exercising their right to vote is an act of violence. And if black people did get violent on that day, it was in self defense of the white supremacist mob that was trying to kill them.
Speaker 2: Who the hell gonna stand around.
Speaker 15: And just die?
Speaker 1: Okay, what these people are doing is trying to remix history, all right. These white people are trying to do what you made. Dupre and Diddy have mastered definition of the remix. We invented the remix, whatever it is. Those white folks in Florida are doing it right. They're trying to do it right.
Speaker 3: Yes, what they're trying to do right now, So to all the education and civil rights advocates who are pushing back against this, keep fighting.
Speaker 1: We respect it. We're riding with you.
Speaker 3: What I have to tell y'all, we can't rely on white institutions to teach our kids. Okay, every great black leader we've ever had has told us this, you know, and we must listen. We cannot rely on white institutions to teach our kids black history. We have to self educate our kids in regard to black history. We have to self educate each other in regards the black history. Give book recommendations, and encourage each other to learn as much about black history as human humanly possible. Why would I rely on my open enemy to teach me about me? Florida is showing us what happens when you do that. Please give to Florida Board of Education the biggest he huh. You know, it's crazy. I've been here all morning talking about Nipsey Hustle's book recommendational listen, you know, because you know, Nipsey left us with a bunch of books that he thinks that we should read to educate ourselves.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even realize.
Speaker 3: I got my Nipsey Hustle chain and a Nipsey T shirt on. I mean, I know I wore this morning, but I didn't know we were gonna be having these conversations. Yes, so salute to Nipsey Man, Long live Nipsey hustle. Absolutely educate yourself.
Speaker 1: All right? All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey to day and shout to b Et. We'll see you guys on Monday. Everybody else is Friday, so you.
Speaker 15: Know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's freaking, freaking freaking Friday.
Speaker 3: I learned something new this morning. I didn't know there was a watermouth for Moji. Watermouth for mo You showed me that.
Speaker 1: When you showed me that, the text conversation straight between legends.
Speaker 3: It don't matter who it was between exactly. It was a watermouth for Moji and an egg plant.
Speaker 1: All right. So let's just have a little fun on this Friday. So we want to know what emojis do you send when you're trying to be a little sexy, when you're trying to get it in? Yeah, what did that?
Speaker 2: I would be lost.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm forty five years.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy I'm married and being with the same woman for twenty five years, because I would be lost trying to figure some of this stuff out.
Speaker 1: Your egg plant type of mooji, like a small egg plant. I could see you sending sending that to somebody. What you've seen You've seen my bulge or something like while you said a small, small egg plant, But what's the small liner a plant? What's another vegetable that's a small pickle? Nah, a cucumber?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: What else you're thinking? The Reddit is like, I'm not getting any of this one. I'm more of a planting. They got a plant emoji, more of a P. I'm lying. I think a P emoji. They have a pmoji?
Speaker 2: First of all, how do we get here?
Speaker 1: I don't know how we got here?
Speaker 10: Let's leave here?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred What what you say? What did you say?
Speaker 3: You're always never cox in a person? How did we get eight hundred? Nobody's supposed to be here?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five five one? That was dever cos right, what it's supposed to be. We're asking what emojis do you send when you're trying to be sex So you're trying to get it at all?
Speaker 2: Right, let's let's talk about it. It's the breakfast Club, come morning.
Speaker 10: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Freaky fast, freaky fright.
Speaker 10: Call in that eight hundred five eight five one oh five one sad.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club morning, everybody, it's theej Envy Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about some emojis. You said if you want to be spicy was just significant other.
Speaker 3: No, I was realizing I don't spend the more. I told you, I'm a mean guy. I told you I was going through my phone looking at all the stuff.
Speaker 1: To my wife.
Speaker 3: I sent her one that said n words run from poom poom two. That's why they change positions so they don't peanut quick.
Speaker 1: I know what you Yes, I know what you man. What don't curse? Don't curse? Brother.
Speaker 2: I was on what's up?
Speaker 1: Talk to us?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm talking about the emojis?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah? What emoji you sent her? I sent two of them.
Speaker 15: Send the box and glove with a little sleeping.
Speaker 1: Emoji for the boxes. Leve you're gonna beat it up.
Speaker 16: Be it to sleep.
Speaker 15: And now I think about I think I should add a third one, like a breakfast plate or something.
Speaker 2: What happens when she knocked you out in the first round.
Speaker 15: Then she's then she's then she's cooking breakfast in the morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. That's good. That's a good idea. Yo, m's that.
Speaker 3: But that gives you incentive to like put it down, like whoever you know, put you down, get breakfast cooked for them in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I like that exactly exactly A Hello, who's this? Hey, what's up?
Speaker 14: Brother?
Speaker 1: We're talking about the emojis you send in to that especially somebody when you want to get a little spicy.
Speaker 12: They have the amodi that.
Speaker 4: Has like a little face that make it had like a dripping sweat. And then you put a piece pretty much saying you're getting turned on from their ass. And then you got another one with their brain pretty much looking like your mind is getting exploded. And then you put a brain pretty much saying you're gonna give them some bomb as I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna lie. I hope that your sexy game is more exciting than this phone composition, because.
Speaker 2: Sound very down.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: You sound like you've been smoking Indiga all morning long. Okay, we'll have a good day at work, baby Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I guess the moral of the story is always keep his fighty with significant other, no matter.
Speaker 23: What it is.
Speaker 3: I don't care how old you are. Keep that child like immature, you know, nastiness going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, yeah you should. And every time you pass your wife or or your man or your husband, you should grab his ass, sticky little finger or let me stop. That sounded crazy. Encourage that did sound crazy. You couldn't leave it that wife. He was like, you're next thing.
Speaker 3: Anytime you pass your wife or your man, or grab his put a little banger in his apple juice.
Speaker 1: It's a more story, man. You said it just now?
Speaker 2: Man, you know what, what the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: When we come back, said, we have passed the Auks. Of course, now it will be joining us talk about some of the records that's popping, and I just want to give us salute to some of the albums. I want to salute to uh Nas. His album came out. He dropped a new project with hit Boy. He got a record with fifty Call. I believe the office, which is hard. So shout out to the boy nas Queen's Own Night. And when we come back, Nyla will be here. For past the orcs. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club owning everybody. It's d J n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time for past the US. It's time for J.
Speaker 10: Yeah, DJ comes.
Speaker 1: And of course DJ Nihala is here.
Speaker 20: What up?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 1: N y l A big not the little one? People be mad about your past? The org stuff, boy, I've seen and going back and forth was all that though it was.
Speaker 2: I loved it, even the cold of stuff. Everything lived in his own.
Speaker 23: The spillage village teams, all the people are happy to get feedback from you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said that we were gonna uh heard our rotator cup what by dancing because it was like you dancing looked like because.
Speaker 3: All young men and women, that's our era. Okay, all right, we invented goofy looking dances way before you all did.
Speaker 1: All right, super facts we got today though, speaking of your era, So d K. E.
Speaker 23: Arthur from Bell Glade, Florida, which is like I think Miami Ish got a song called Sticking and Rolling, but it flips Doodoo Brown.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's y'all, era is that don't.
Speaker 3: You ever disrespect because you god damn right down getting musty the doodle Brown. You hear me, put your hands up, your back down, low floor, Dodo Brown.
Speaker 2: All right, had drop that young man, k Arthur Man.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting for somebody to tap back into that sound. That's why I like that little dubaal diss squeeze. Yeah, that Florida Miami base sound, oh Man and Atlanta crunka marvelous.
Speaker 1: Telling me about to hurt his knees. Her base was not became what was going on? Yeah, TikTok challenge going on.
Speaker 2: So I don't hear that on take that. I wanna hear that in the club. You don't go to club TikTok. You right, I'm talking about my house.
Speaker 1: So what else we got?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: So next we got Chica. She's from Alabama.
Speaker 23: If you guys aren't familiar with her, but she has a new project dropping on July twenty eighth. But she has a single out right now called Truth or Dare, featureing Freddie Gibbs.
Speaker 1: That's dope, okay, so cheek.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 1: She's dope, sheet dope dope.
Speaker 23: She is really dope, So yeah, I'm looking forward to her album dropping. And then lastly, I'm gonna go with Ryan Trey. He's from Saint Louis and he's an R and B singer and he's working with Neil.
Speaker 1: Neil told me to tell you guys, that's to say nothing crazy what Neil Neil That Brice and telling Neil, yes, you know.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not know that make him walk to Brooklyn for cheesecake.
Speaker 1: Definitely didn't make it. When we worked that firs, he was he was one of the inn of those. He definitely worrying like he used to make him baked cheesecake.
Speaker 2: Right, that is not true.
Speaker 23: Home Nels working with Ryan Trey, super dope R and B artist, and he has a record with Maria the Scientists called.
Speaker 1: Ain't even friends. That's all. Yeah, that's all in the background, like like Dan and he loves Ryan that's all he likes. Signed over No, he's not signed the oo Okay.
Speaker 2: Eli loves all things over here, everything over here, he does you like.
Speaker 3: Let me hear some song earlier called what was that song called your pumpum gay?
Speaker 1: No, essentially my girlfriend gay, my girlfriend gay. I'm not said I'm not homophoone because my girlfriend gay something like that. What you know that record? I played it so many times up here. He don't be listening.
Speaker 2: Yo, I know it now.
Speaker 1: Because old That's what I told you, And that record moves crowds. Yes, I can see why it is the dope to Yes.
Speaker 23: But nonetheless, if you like the dope tunes that I suggested today, make sure you guys download the Past the Oks playlist. You can find it by following me on Instagram at Nilo Simone and click the link in bio and there's playlist there, this podcast there, the Amazon shows there.
Speaker 1: Now, I need to say this on air because if I don't say it on air, no, they're not going to be moved to do it.
Speaker 3: Nyla needs to do Past the OUs live. She keeps saying she wants to do Past the Dox live. I want her to do it, okay, meaning that a lot of these new artists that she's playing here on Friday, invite a couple of them.
Speaker 1: They got to perform.
Speaker 3: They come up here and perform, you know what I mean, come to New York City perform hosted by Nihlis Simone. You know, now, you never know, we might show up, you know what I mean. But I just think she needs to do Past the Aux Live. I think that'll be a good showcase for a lot of these people that she playing, you know, because I don't see those in New York like I used to.
Speaker 2: There used to be these times when.
Speaker 3: You would see the exactly exactly they used to do those up and coming shows. I think you should do that, Nihil, even though you've been planning to do it but won't x acute it.
Speaker 1: Well, the issue with execution is finding the venueb why don't you go reach out to ABS is still open night right lounge here? We got the lounge, don't you know.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about all that. I'm just pushing knowledge to do it, that's all. And I would like to know would artists participate? The artist that Nilo has been showing support to on Past the Dogs lives, showing support to on her Amazon show Rotation round Table, her Amp show with Damp show called.
Speaker 23: Rotation that One's Rotation round Table and then One's Rotation Radio.
Speaker 3: The more of the story is Nihlis shows a lot don't want these artists.
Speaker 2: Uh, nobody cares about DJs. We were back, we were back.
Speaker 1: They clearly care.
Speaker 3: Every time you do past dogs, past dogs on the radio, these artists be happy to hear that yes or mad.
Speaker 2: So let's take it a step further past the offs lives.
Speaker 17: Do it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: All right, no pressure, no all pressure. I see that's the point of me doing this on the all pressure. All right, Well, we appreciate your knowledge. Thanks, all right. The People's Choice mixes up next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your morning's on would be the same.
Speaker 3: Our Audible pick of the day is Murder in Bermuda and James Patterson's latest too, Murders at just the beginning of the mystery. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ NV Charlamagne the Guide. We are the Breakfast Club. I just want to remind you, guys, my car show in Atlanta is eight days away. I can't wait to see you guys. Of course, we're gonna have so much as a family fun day. So besides the music and celebrity cars and old school cars and new school cars, shout to Uptown Car Club, but you're just joining us. Shout to pr Who's bringing Dolph's whole fleet of fifty. Of course, Boucy, we got games and rides for kids and jumpies and so much to go that's happening. So I know the weather is hot out there. We gonna have ac so you're gonna be good. So bring the whole family on. And I can't wait to see you guys next Saturday in Atlanta. And also last night you were on Andy Cohen. Yes, I was on Andy Coin Man watch what Happens Live. Sleut to Andy for having me. Andy played this great game called Who's the Bigger Legend? He would put two people up on the screen and then he would, uh, you know, ask you, you know, who's the bigger legend.
Speaker 2: Tough game, but he's not.
Speaker 1: Both of the people that they put up with legends, you know, but you know you got to pick the bigger one, gotcha. Let's listen, who's the bigger legend? Jordan or Lebron?
Speaker 10: Right, all right, who's the bigger legend?
Speaker 1: Oprah or Beyonce?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm gonna pick it Smith, Morphs, Carter, that's my last name.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say Oprah just because, oh my gosh, who's the bigger legend, Derek Jeter or Joe Dimagia. I think Demago he's my hero Monroe.
Speaker 1: I don't know who.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you don't know who Joe Demago is. Of course I know jo who Joe Demagio is. But y'all know your uncle Shala.
Speaker 3: I keep telling y'all you have to be committed to not knowing who white people are because they do it to us all the time. They will confuse Lufa van Drass with master p They will confuse you know, will I am what you may do?
Speaker 1: Pree. They do it to us all the time. Therefore, you have to give it back to them. Either act like you don't know who they are, or confuse them on purpose.
Speaker 2: Got that's it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I started to say, Oh, Joe Demagio, he's the guy that sings New York, New York, right, that's him, that's whole blue eyes right.
Speaker 2: I started to do that. But the only reason I did it because I like Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 1: So I didn't. All right, you know, so when they asked you about Taylor Swift, you say, that's Carrie Underwood, Okay, And then when they ask you about Carrie Underwood. You say that Sharon, No, I say.
Speaker 2: That's Miranda Lambert. I put that Sharon in the Beatles.
Speaker 3: So Ed, Sharon is one of the Beatles, so Ed Sharon, machine Gun, Kelly Elton, John and Sting of the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, act and see why white people don't necessarily like you're picking people. All right, all right, Well, when we come back positive notice to Breakfast Luve, good morning, everybody is j NV, Charlomagne God, we are the Breakfast clubs. Before we get up out of here, I just want again want to send a resting peace to Gilly, the King's son who passed away, who was killed last night in Philadelphia. Very sad situation. Man. It was a triple shooting and his son died, so very very very sad. I just want to send rest and peace and condolences to his whole family and continue to pray for Gilly. That's my man, man. I love Gilly so much.
Speaker 2: I love Wallow so much.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm sending him and his family healing energy.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: You know what makes that situation hurt even more is the simple fact that Gilly and Wallow gives so much to the city of Philadelphia. Those are the brothers that are out here encouraging, you know, those young brothers to put the guns down. Those are those two brothers are encouraging these young brothers, you know, not to resort to violence.
Speaker 1: And for something like that that happened to his son.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: That yeah, that that hurts on a different level.
Speaker 2: Man, sending them brothers healing energy.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I will assigned for positive note you got a positive noe? Oh I do?
Speaker 3: And also I want to say too, man, make sure you go out there. If you have Audible, check out. Alisha Renee's new project, Unleashed with Love, is executive produced by myself and Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: It's a romantic comedy.
Speaker 3: We've been talking to y'all all morning about how you know you can listen to audio books and stuff. Now, well now you can even listen listen to the TV shows, and this is essentially a TV show that you can listen to via Audible.
Speaker 2: It's called Unleashed for Love.
Speaker 3: It stars Alisha Renee, Jess Larry is Pretty v, Porscha Williams is on there, Jaselle Brian is on there. Kadem Hardison and Jasmine Guy play Alisha's parents. So, if you have Audible. Check out Unleashed for Love on Audible this weekend. Man, make sure you rank it, leave a review. I love seeing all the feedback that the project is getting. And the positive note of to day is simply this set boundaries. Man, love yourself enough to set those boundaries. Your time and energy are precious, and you get to decide how you use them. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won't accept.
Speaker 2: Breakfast cud bitches, do y'all finished for y'all dumb