Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you again for joining us for another episode of Nightcap Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you were.
Speaker 2: Surrounded by family, friends and loved ones and you got an opportunity to share something special watch some football. But we got some very special announcements to make. Please make sure you hit that subscribe But please just make sure you hit that light button and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite on Channa Shark. That guy is your favorite. Number eighty five The Rot Run Extraordinaire, Liberty City's own Bingo Ring of Fame honoree pro Bowler all Pro chad O Cho, Senko Johnson, every subscriber counts. Thank you guys for helping us count, helping us matter. Go check out Shave by Laportier. If we have it in stock in abundance. The holidays are right here. We can't get it to you by Thanksgiving, but you still have Christmas and you still have New Year's. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order and we'll get it to you. Because you should be celebrating the holidays. And what better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. And starting tomorrow we do free shipping one bottle, two bottles, or case it does not matter, free shipping right to your doorstep.
Speaker 3: And do me one more favor. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms.
Speaker 3: That's Shay Shaded Media and my clothing company.
Speaker 5: Eight.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of releases that dropped last month, but our Black Friday sale just launch items fifty percent off. Shirts are twenty dollars off, hoodies are forty dollars off, and all teas are back in stock. The Nightcap Club, Shay Shay and eighty four, everything is in stock. We've also released some stocking stuffers, being his and Cozy's. Quantities are limited, so make sure you grab yours wild supplies last. Before we get to the NFL games, there are three games on the slate today. Really only one were really interested in and that was because of the bone head plays by the coach.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we'll get to that a little later.
Speaker 2: But oho, before we get to the game, we got some very very special guests.
Speaker 3: We like to introduce.
Speaker 2: The first guy that you guys see on your screen is from Atlanta, Georgia, but he's out of the IMG Academy.
Speaker 3: He's a defensive end.
Speaker 2: He's six foot three two and fifty five pounds and his name is London. Merit, London, Welcome to the show. You atally got a very very special announced. What you want to make the floor is yours?
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: First of all, I want to thank God for give me the ability to play football at just high a level. I want to think both my parents are pushing me to my limits every day, sacrificing everything for me.
Speaker 7: You know, without them, I wouldn't be in a special position today.
Speaker 6: You know, I want to thank all my coaches from little League all to now. I want to all my trainers, you know called John Lewis, Dad Walker. I also want to thank my agent, Cliff Hill, and without farther ado, I'll be committed to be called university.
Speaker 3: Okay, congratulations, congratulations.
Speaker 7: Center, I appreciation.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I just thought about something. Now you could you?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 8: You said thank you to everybody, but you ain't thank me? Can I can I get some type of you know what?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna thank you after I will whenever you come in. I want one.
Speaker 1: Time out, time out time. I would be there tomorrow. Yes, I play.
Speaker 8: I played leftie, I played right tackle, and I studied you. I did my research on you. I know what you can do, and you the real deal. You at IMG May. I'm I'm in Miami. I'm right down the street. So I've been watching. You know, I've been watching. I did my homework. But I'm just telling I know your moves. I know what you like to do.
Speaker 7: Now listen, but you can't.
Speaker 1: You can been real good.
Speaker 8: You got you got a few moves. You got a few moves here arsenal hey in your first step, nigga, you got a first step. We got a good first step. But I'm telling you what I could do. Once I anchor down, once I anger down at the point of attack, it's over for you.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm gonna let you think that all all right, I've being Atlanta tomorrow.
Speaker 7: That's how I say do it.
Speaker 2: London, you had an opportunity to go to a lot of big schools. Originally you were scheduled to go to Ohio State. We know what Ohio State. As far as the defensive line, the Bolsa Brothers, Uh, Chase Young, Vernon Goldston, they normally have high round draft picks at the D line position.
Speaker 3: What went into your decision?
Speaker 2: You flipped and all of a sudden, You're going to see you Colorado coach Brian it's very excited about that. What went into your decision all of a sudden says, you know what I think, see you is the place for me.
Speaker 6: Well, it was just, you know, the way that Colorada believes in me, and then just the consistency from Colorado. You know, Ohio State, you know, especially coach Johnson, and I loved him a lot, But at the end of the day, it was a business decision for me.
Speaker 7: I had to bet on myself and.
Speaker 6: I feel like it was just a better fit for me, betefort for me in Colorado's you know defense, you know, with their staff and everything in that nature.
Speaker 7: So that's just the main reason.
Speaker 6: Why I just decided to go ahead and make decisions with my family and flip over to Colorado.
Speaker 2: Have you spent any time Warren staff is on that staff as an assistant. We know with Saffield, he's the first Battle Hall of Fame D tackle, one of the premier d tackles in NFL history. Have you spent much time talking to South?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Every time, every well, every day I was there, you know, we were talking. He's crazy and I love him a lot, you know. Yeah, he brings a lot of energy to the room, and you know it's that's something I need, you know, I need somebody on.
Speaker 7: My back and to get on me when I'm not doing what I gotta do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Coach Brian loved he loved players with swag, and he lets guys be themself, you know, celebrate, Hey, celebrate, just don't hurt the team. But I want you to be yourself. I'm not going to force you to be something that you're not. If you play with a lot of emotion, you play with a lot of passion as long as you're not hurting the team. That is who I want you to be.
Speaker 3: Do you do you? Is that how you play?
Speaker 2: Is that one of the things because you see how the guys holding up this, the guys doing they having seemingly having fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, coury, let me shoot you see it like like you see him?
Speaker 3: I thought that was foot locker. Nah, like you see it.
Speaker 5: Like I got that swag, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But but y'all on the field, you know, I got my little celebrations. You know, I come out, you know how coach Coach prom said, you know he'll good, feel good, play good.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So and they pay good?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, Uh go ahead.
Speaker 2: So what are some of the person? What are some of the person? Obviously you say you're gonna get there the spring, so you're an opportunity. I think you're get an opportunity to practice uh in the spring and hopefully you know, see what you can do. But what's your goal? What's what's the goal for you London? Your freshman year? What do you want to accomplish in your first year at see?
Speaker 6: You definitely want to you know, come up freshman All American, you know, freshman first team or this. You know, I just want to be a freshman All American and then that's one of my main goals when I get there, So you know, work my tail off. You know, I'm gonna let close brom him. Know that's what I want to do. So I'm work my tail off and you know, prove it, and it's prove it to them. You know, there's also something there's also some I came my parents us there, but you know some goals in a way in the weight room that I got to handle to, you know, try to get my forty down to you know for five, you know to twenty five for he's more than thirty times.
Speaker 8: So you know the things I needed I got, you know, set my goals for. Yeah, you know what I do. Want to congratulate you again. You know, there were other schools that you could have chosen, but you're choosing to go to Colorado again with a legend and dion and one that will allow you to be yourself. And I think that's that's very important. And not only are you getting a coach, a very very good health head coach, but you're getting. You're getting, how do I say it, a player's coach, which is very important, especially for the younger generation. A coach that can can relate to the younger generation, can relate to this era. And not only a coach, Dude, you're getting a person like prime Man that can also be somewhat of a father figure as well, and someone that would help you become a man outside of your immediate family.
Speaker 1: And I think that's also a good thing.
Speaker 8: And the fact that he's going to allow you to be yourself, I think that's very very important for proud to be to be able to understand on how the players of this era are able to enjoy them selves and express enthusiasm with their play and the passion for the game. So, for one, I want to congratulate you, and you're gonna have a good time over there, man, you want to have a good time. You're get more than just a head coach. And you might not understand it right now, but you get it on the back end what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, of course I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: London.
Speaker 2: If you were to compare yourself, who are some of the guys in the NFL that you look at and says, Okay, I kind of want to patter my game after him ocho.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but not definitely, definitely Michael Parsons.
Speaker 6: You know, I'll watch them a lot, and you know, I'm a I would say I'm versatile. You know, I can play over over all over the line, and you know, and I'll definitely see myself playing the way he plays. You know, he listens to mine backer plays, you know, on the wide mind you know, and the type vib you know, just all over the line.
Speaker 7: So that's just you know, that's my main comparison.
Speaker 2: You know, do you like to stand up or you like to put your hand in your dirt? Are you're more comfortable with a forty three being down? Like you said in the nine bishade seven techniques, uh and the three and the three four defense you mentioned it's like a five to five, Like damn, you want to be a tight defensive being.
Speaker 3: So what you see yourself sliding up and.
Speaker 2: Down the line where if you can find a weak link, that's the door handle you want to pull on.
Speaker 6: Of course, you know anyone online, you know, because like I said, I'm versatall, you know, anywhere anywhere they need me, I'll be there. So I'm I'm good, standing up and good, you know, coming up to the three point stance.
Speaker 7: So a lot of nine, five, five the three anywhere. So that's laugh.
Speaker 3: Coach Prime.
Speaker 2: Also he also like, he's like, look, obviously, if these guys come here and some of them have aspirations to go into the next level, and I want that to happen. But I want to create great men. I want to create great fathers. I want to create great husbands. I want to create great community leaders. Academics is something that he's stressed. What will you have you decided on a major?
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably make business and finance.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's that's that's good.
Speaker 2: You know hand you handle your business and then your the finances to take care of themselves and you know where your money is going.
Speaker 3: You mentioned your mom.
Speaker 2: You mentioned your mom and dad and how they they pushed you and they motivated you to become the best version of London that you could possibly come.
Speaker 3: Talk a little bit about your parents.
Speaker 6: Well, every ever since I was little, my parents, you know, instilled greatness and to me, my dad has been everywhere.
Speaker 7: You know, he's spent My parents spent so much money. They sacrificed so much things.
Speaker 6: They sent me to IMG you know my junior like at the beginning or half quick my junior year, you know, so I can get ready and developed for college. And I'm not gonna you know, that's a that's kind of a big move because I'm not home. You know, it's different. It's like I'm Marty in college. But at the end of the day, it's about you know, my development mind, you know, and me being ready for the next level. So, you know, Dad, he pushed me so I was a little kid always now and then that even farther. So he tells me. One thing I like about you know, Coach Prime. He you know, he always says he will keep it one hundred with you. He will tell you what you're doing is right or wrong. That's the same thing my dad has been doing since I was a little kid.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: He's been telling me, you know, everything I don't want to hear and everything I need to hear.
Speaker 6: So he's just he's not gonna you know, baby me or tell me, oh, you had a pretty good game.
Speaker 7: Now if I had a bad game, will tell me I had a bad game and.
Speaker 6: What I need to work on. So definitely I appreciated both of my parents. You know, my mom's there. My mom helps me with the school part. My mom don't play, but the school work, you know, so they like a lot they like how you know, coach Brian doesn't play around either, because you know, while we while we was there, were kind of like a day in life thing there, you know, like a day being a buff, you know, and he randomly, you know, puts up people's grades on the.
Speaker 7: On the on the board or whatever. So yeah, so my mom, my mom, well my mom already owned me, but my grade, you.
Speaker 6: Know, so she likes that, and so she now she ain't gonna worry about, you know, me slacking in school whatever.
Speaker 8: Because yeah, hey, is is there a specific team that you like in the NFL. I'm not saying where you want to go, but I'm just saying right now, as far as watching the game of football, do you have a specific favorite team and a favorite player?
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be your position, just in general.
Speaker 7: Now, I don't really have like a favorite team. I'm just kind of.
Speaker 6: Watching players, you know, I like, I like washing the Ravens, but my favorite, like my favorite player is Michael Parson. Right now, I just I watch him so much, and I just modeled my game after so much. So that's just kind of who my favorite player is right now. But I like watching it. I don't really like watching the Orbons.
Speaker 1: So outside of Michael Parsons, how do you feel about Miles Garrett and T J. Watt?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, they're both very good.
Speaker 6: Miles Garrett he's expresontal too. He's strong, you know, he heavy handed. I would if I would like take some isshooes for him, I would say our hand like I our hands are you similarly?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: I'm heavy handed too, like straight people like.
Speaker 5: To hit people. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: So right, and then you know the pastors is there?
Speaker 3: London.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, We appreciate you making this announcement on Club Sha Shay.
Speaker 3: We greatly appreciate that, sir.
Speaker 5: Sure what I say?
Speaker 2: My bad nightcap London before we go, guys, that's London. Merrit defensive end six foot three, two hundred and fifty five pounds from Atlanta, Georgia, but from the IMG Academy it seems like I AMG Academy. Colorado has a popline from IMNG Academy because he's the first of minute that's gonna be headed to see you London.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, and don't duck me.
Speaker 2: We'll keep we'll keep it on you and we'll see you down the road in Atlanta tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Don't duck me, all right, bet let me know all smoke.
Speaker 5: You know what it is?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I know, no worry, yeah right, all right, man.
Speaker 2: I am j Academy must be having a heck of a defense. The next guy they have a very impressive announcement that he wants to make. He's a six foot three defensive end, defensive tackle, two hundred and sixty two hundred and fifty pounds. Also from the IMG Academy. He's Alex McPherson. Alex heard you got some very interesting news you want to break tonight on Nightcap.
Speaker 3: The floor is yours.
Speaker 9: I definitely have some exciting news. But I want to thank a few people. First, first and foremost, thank God.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I want to thank my parents for being there for me every step of the way, sacrificing so much. I want to think my family and uncles, aunts, cousins, all of them.
Speaker 5: I also want to.
Speaker 9: Thank Reubin Carter, George Bailey for helping me get to who I am. Him training wise, and my coaches from AMZ. I also want to think that coach it's local the state for you know, respecting my decision, understanding that relationship being built has been really strong. But at the end of the day, like I'm said, it's a business decision. So without further to do, I'll be taking my talent to University of Colorado.
Speaker 3: That's what's something bad. Congratulations made.
Speaker 2: Y'all must have had a heck of a defense that had you on one side, London on the other.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm reading your bio.
Speaker 2: Here your defensive en defensive tackle, but you played a lot of other positions. You played tight end in high school, so obviously you go got great hands. What made you flip to the other side of the football, because if you're tight end, you like you know, touchdowns and ed the crowd screaming and all and all of a sudden, did you grow out of the position or you just felt better hitting people as opposed to getting hit def it's a player, Alex. If you don't mind us asking, you mentioned that Oklahoma State. You originally had committed that you were going to go to Oklahoma State and then you last minute you changed your mind, and you flipped to go to see you. What was some of the things that went into your decision that caused you to say? You know, obviously you had a strong liking for Oklahoma State because you originally committed to them, and then all of a sudden you change, you know, your reverse field, and then you go to see you. What was some of the things What was the major thing that made you change your mind?
Speaker 5: Sir? You know the obvious is it's hard to pass up all those.
Speaker 9: Guys that have been where you want to go, and I think that's the best thing to help me get there. You know, the guys that have been there, done what you want to do, and they know what it takes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like that.
Speaker 8: What do you think you would bring to Colorado's program that along for coaches prime vision and what he's trying to accomplish and having a consistent winning program at Colorado.
Speaker 9: I know it talks a lot about off the field character, which I have a great character off the field, very humble, you know, to myself on the field, strive for greatness. You know they helped that too, so I'm always signed for greatness. I got a great character on off the field. It's a very different character on the field than there is off the field.
Speaker 2: So right, what can what can the student body, what can the alumni? What can the community of see you bowl to Colorado? What can they expect to get out of aleage McPherson.
Speaker 9: The great player that's always going to do his best to help the team win. Off the figure, you know, I'm always open to.
Speaker 5: Leading people, talking to them.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm really just like a chill guy off the field. I'm not the same guy off the field.
Speaker 5: You know. You see these kids like be Conci or whatever, and I want to talk to people that's not me.
Speaker 1: I like it. Listen, I know what you got to No, no, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah see, I know what your long term goal is, obviously Colorado being a stepping stone to get to the highest, the highest level, which I'm sure the childhood dream of yours. But what are your short term goals as far as Colorado goes?
Speaker 1: Once you get to school?
Speaker 9: You know, again, like one just saying I want to be on the field early freshmen all American is in my mind, and you want to get bigger, faster and stronger to you know, give me to that next level.
Speaker 8: I like, I have one question as far as nutrition is concerned. Do you eat McDonald's. That's very important when it comes to being successful.
Speaker 5: If there's late night and nothing else is open McDonald's, let's good.
Speaker 8: That's talking about freshman All American coming right now. I'm telling you boys.
Speaker 5: Like basketball.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at your bio ad like you're sixty three, two hundred and sixty pounds, and I'm looking at some of the guys that that are that plays in the league, the level that you want to get to. Who are some of the guys that you kind of patter of your game after and says, you know what, I kind of want I kind of want to model my game after.
Speaker 9: Here, sir, I've heard a lot of comparison of Max Crosby, like the way we play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't really like.
Speaker 9: To compare myself to people to other people, you know, because everybody's a different person.
Speaker 5: But I mean Max think is my closest comparison.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's let's let's go away from comparison players that play your position that's in the NFL. Is there someone that you look you look up to or you kind of maudio game after and not compare I'm not not comparing. I'm just saying some of you mighty a game after and look up to as far as someone like you, if there was a player that you want to be like or maybe even better, even better than who is?
Speaker 5: I like Max Cosby is a high motive.
Speaker 2: Okay, he definitely has motor. What was some of the things Alex when you when you went on your visit to see you, what were some of the things that sold you and said, you know what instead of going to Steel Water, I think this is the place for me.
Speaker 9: Going back to what I said about all the people there and all the people around, Like.
Speaker 5: I saw Hotel on my visitor, Like, that's just one of the people I saw there was great.
Speaker 7: Who so who.
Speaker 3: That's me?
Speaker 8: I'm I'm an intern, So when you get there in the spring, I'm an intern there.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna be.
Speaker 9: But yeah, like I said, all the people that are around there that if they tell you to move a hand a certain way for a certain way, it can always help you, you know, get to that next level. And one of the things I like about that is they can tell you what separates the people that were great and what separates the people that were good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I'm sure you had conversation. I asked London about Sap. You know, he's one of the premium defensive players that's ever played in that game. He played at a high level for a very very long time. He was a Defensive Player of the Year, he was an All Decade player, and obviously he's a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: What is it about SAP that you like talking to him about that?
Speaker 5: I like talking to him about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking to him more on SAP. So yeah, I'm sure you had conversations with him.
Speaker 5: I mean, just ball, you know what he did to get himself better. Like I mean, that's really it.
Speaker 9: Like on the sideline before the game, he came up, he was chest from my dad and he was saying, favorite boy.
Speaker 5: He don't have fun. Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 9: But like I said, just talking about ball, how we got the he was and all goes back to like people around there that know what it takes and they know how to get to them.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that your mom the a dui lawyer in South Florida, So tell me tell me the role that your parents played and your upbringing and helped you get to the player, the person, the man that you're, the young man that you are into the transition, hopefully you become an even better man and even better football player.
Speaker 3: Tell us the role that your parents played in that.
Speaker 9: Since the young age, they're only hard about my future. Like as soon as I started playing football, they were like, you gotta be locked in because I mean, you're gonna have a future because.
Speaker 5: They I was big since the're young and so.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and we're always in church, you know, so I love God and uh well, a big Christian family.
Speaker 5: So that doesn't along with Chris Pine's culture and all that.
Speaker 1: The that's lie. But you know, every everything always starts at home.
Speaker 8: The foundation for any man, young man, regardless of what sports you play with regardss of what you do in the outside world, it always starts at home. And based off what I've seen so far listening, your parents did one hell of a job man, and I'm wishing your lost when you do get to Colorado, I'm gonna be seeing you there because I am interned. I just got another job. You know that they were prime. So I'm excited for you. I'm excited for you. I hope you your family, your parents are excited and I know you're gonna do well when you, sir, thank you.
Speaker 5: We're all excited.
Speaker 2: Al As we look at one more thingful we get Joddy, Alex, I'm looking at you a defensive band. Defensive tackle is the one that you favor out of the other. Do you like playing in space? You like the three technique? You like to shave or you like to be a nine technique, you like to be a seven technique, you like to beuild a five? What do you favor? What's gonna get the best out of balange prepars.
Speaker 9: I like to say that I think I'm more productive on the inside because usually I'm a lot quicker than the dog hurts, so I can okay as you speak. I like being in space because you can move too and stay. But I think I'll be more because I can move quicker than a lot of Regards.
Speaker 2: Well, Alex, we want to thank you for coming on night Cap to night and making this very very special announcement. Congratulations to you and your family. There's big things ahead of you in your future. UH see you getting some got two great players and uh we're proud of you and we wish you the best.
Speaker 3: We're gonna keep eye on and so I'm sure we'll have a conversation again next year.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, thank you for having me, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you. Bro.
Speaker 2: Our next guy that's gonna make this very very special announcement. He's out of fort Worth North Crowley House School. He's a wide receiver. He's five 't eight, one hundred and sixty five pounds. He runs on the four by one relay, the four by two relay. So normally when you guys out of Texas and they will play wide receiver or still position, they normally can run.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So here he is, without any further Ado, Quentin Gibson, Quentin, the floor is yours. Take your time, young man.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on QB QB before you go. Before you go, you figure outside of the four bout one?
Speaker 1: What else you run?
Speaker 3: Or run?
Speaker 1: The boy two that ain't really let me run the open event last year? Okay, okay, you think you're faster than me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Wait, come again, Yeah you could beat me in the forty sixty hundred matter. Hey, man, don't playing me like that. Man, I'm serious, I ask you a real question. I'm serious, all right, line it up.
Speaker 7: When the day?
Speaker 1: All right? When are you at right now? You in Texas? Yeah, sir, Okay, I'm gonna come. I'll be at there Saturday. I beg who can do that?
Speaker 9: After my game?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: You at this game?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Say let's i'd be there, say the paper smoke.
Speaker 5: You won't yo.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know. And then that's what all due.
Speaker 2: Respect like, Quinn, you gotta got a bear special. Quinn, you got a very special announcement. You'd like to make the floor is yours.
Speaker 10: First, I would like to thank God for giving me the tell me an opportunity to be where I am right here today. I would like thank my family for being there with me through the ups and downs and the sacrifice it made for me to be at this point. Also, my coaches from the litle league to now for developed me, developing me to the man I am today. I would like thank my chin is from this spar training for training for pushing me and helping me throughout my process. With that being said, I would be committed to Colorado.
Speaker 3: That's what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah we out here go bus?
Speaker 3: Quinn? What went into this decision?
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know, going into your senior year, you didn't have a lot, but then you got Mississippi State TCU, Kansas State, Illinois s MU, and a lot of other school What was it about your trip to Voter that changed your mind and said this is the place for me?
Speaker 10: So went it's my decision with me wanted to be bought into a school that was like family. And like everybody that's been around Coach proms been with Coach Prom for many years, so like, what was this been off?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that that is true anytime you do play for Coach Prime. Obviously you being able to talk to me, you understand, you understand what you're getting, not just as a coach, but as a mentor, almost a father figure. And I continue to say that to the other athletes that we've had on there, because he was a father figure and a mentor to me during my time, during my playing days and even still long after. You know, my value in the NFL is no longer worthy. So I'm excited for you. I'm happy for you. I've seen you, I studied you, I know what you could do, so I understand the contributions that you're going to bring, you know, to that team and that scar so dude, I'm happy. What do you hope to learn from Coach Prime? Before you get that want you in that control destructured environment?
Speaker 3: Really hope.
Speaker 1: I hope to learn, shoot, really how to be a better man in life.
Speaker 10: No, outside of football, but with that football, what is going to take for me to get to the next level where I want to be?
Speaker 2: The one thing y'all can say about Coach Prime, if you look at his skill position players, the wide receivers, he puts the ball in the hands Bi Travis Hunter, Big Webster Shepherd. It does not matter. He wants the ball into his playmaker's hand. You consider yourself a playmaker with elite speed? What do you what do? What does Quinton bring to a the CU offense?
Speaker 10: I bring the ability to flip the field no matter where we're at. And I bring, you know, like that Siscy shoes if you need, you need a third doctor version of me the ball. I hope to feel like the shoes a little John Say Weston, Jimmy On, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm I'm You're you're the youngest. You have six siblings. You have five sisters, one brother. You're the second youngest. What is it like being in the family that in the family. That science if you say you're the second youngest, so is the uh your sister the oldest sister the oldest.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have a sister that's the oldest. It's like really growing up. There's a lot of girls in the house, so a lot of people going on, you know, I have you know, my mom's on tire side with my sister's more.
Speaker 3: But you know, it is, it is what it is now.
Speaker 2: So you get to see you, you look like I think you're gonna you're gonna roll in the spring. And so obviously you're hoping to make a depression to show everybody who Quing Gibson, what do you hope to bring? What can the what can the student body, what can the alumni? What can they expect from you in your freshman year? What do you want to accomplish in your freshman year?
Speaker 10: I just want to make history, like whatever it takes, Like it could be Musch senior mother freshman touchdown and see I just want my name being his two books?
Speaker 3: Are you a return of awesome? Sir? Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you want the ball?
Speaker 2: So in other words, he wanted the ball in his hands on Joe, he say they can plenty to me that can kick it to me, hand it to me, throw it to me.
Speaker 3: Just put the ball in my hands and I can make a place.
Speaker 8: And all all you got to do is show him start starting in the spring. You put the ball in my hands, I'm gonna do something with it. Every time, I'm gonna deliver like Amazon next day, two days, three days. It don't matter what it is. You got to walk with that confidence, and you already got it. And there a certain thing that you can coaches, can coach, and just sitting here exchangeing with you in this short amount of time, you already got it. You got that, it's factor. All you got to do is take you already know what I'm trying to say. Take what you got now, take it on the field, and the rest is gonna be history. It don't matter who you plan weekend and week out.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Quentin.
Speaker 2: When I look at you, obviously, is there something about guys receivers that come out of the state of Texas. We expect all of them to run four to three or faster. Who are some of the guys that when you look at your I mean you're fined Forday you one hundred and sixty five pounds. But so that lets me know you you got speed to play with, you got speed to burn. Who are some of the guys that were at the next level in the NFL that you was like, Okay, I can do some of the things that he does.
Speaker 10: I say, like Tarry Kill turfing, I like Terry mclaun Yeah. Uh flipped the field like Tyry Kill. I can't check the ball like Terry mclaurd. Got speed life turtain.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that. You gotta think y so joke said.
Speaker 8: I hadn't thought I had to throw another quality in there for him real quick. He left that one out.
Speaker 2: Well, Quinn, congratulations, man, that's what that's the CEEU family. I'm sure they're very, very excited to get you. Coach Prime spoke very highly of you when I talked to him the other day. You're joining two great guys that's also going from the IMG Academy. It looks like this freshman class is gonna be something special, something that see you can build on, because it looks like that coming out they're gonna be coming off a great season. We'll see what happens the last game of the season. On Saturday, and then they're going to a bowl game, so hopefully they can win that. And so that means you guys coming in, you're gonna have a lot on your shoulders because to see you that the last five or six years is not to see you today is what's gonna be tomorrow. So again, congratulations to you, look forward to following your career, and I'm sure owe you a nine nightcap. See you down the road, down the road. I'm gonna see you Saturday. I'm gonna see you Saturday after the game. And I got my spikes too. I don't want no excuses, no excuses. Yeah, all right, yo, guys, I know you told me. I know we told you. We're gonna have three guys, but we got a surprise. We got a fourth guy that's gonna be joining us and making this special announcement. You ready, he's coming give us. Oh, there goes, there he goes. The guy that just joined us is a six foot five, two hundred and ninety five pounds offensive tackle from Mobile, Alabama out of Williamsland High School.
Speaker 3: Cardi. They call him Smitty Smith. Cardy. What's good? What's good?
Speaker 5: Bad?
Speaker 2: Congratulations man, We're excited to have you on here at Nightcap and Nightcap Family, and you make this very very special announcement. Hopefully it's the first of many announcements that you're gonna be making that's very very special. The floor is yours, tag go, So we have a little technical difficulties. Bear with us, guys, bear with us tonight. Wow, we have some young men that's making some very very special announcements for us.
Speaker 3: We're good to go now and so so just bear with us.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate these young men coming on and sharing these very very special announcements with us.
Speaker 3: This is very very big for them.
Speaker 2: A lot of don't get this kind of platform to make these kinds of announcements. So we really thank these young men for giving us their time and giving us this opportunity to showcase them.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 2: Right, CARTI we got everything situated now. The floor is yours.
Speaker 3: Game fresh.
Speaker 11: I want to get a big shot out to my mom, my dad. Being shout out to my mom, you know, that's when my bat ball. I want to give a shout out to my coaches, my teammates and uh all my lileague coaches and everybody that got me in this position. Basically my whole family. And with dad being said, I'll be convinced to Colorado scope Bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bums that buffs. How did card smitten? Can you want to be called you want to be called smitty or you want to be your friend? Okay, Smitten? Okay, that's what That's what That's all we need to know, Smitty. How did you come to this decision?
Speaker 5: Religious? You know, going up there, I've been up there twice.
Speaker 11: I want uh for the Baylor game and assisting that a game Religious, just sitting down talking with coach Field, Coach Prime and all the other coaches. It's just seeing saying that I have a chance to come and play early as a freshman.
Speaker 5: You know. That was the really the main thing that that set it out.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, hey, what are you what are you looking forward to most about competing at the collegiate level?
Speaker 1: Boss man?
Speaker 11: I just want my shot. I just want my shot to go take and I get it. They're gonna they're gonna feel it. Yeah, what what did your expectations? The left tackle is a true freshman that started? Is that your is that your goal to go in there.
Speaker 2: Uh in the spring earn a spot and saying Look, I'm not Look, I ain't trying to red shirt. I ain't trying to rate a year and get rotational plays. I'm starting. I'm trying to be a day one starter from the job.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, that's more definitely plan. You know, I feel like I'm going now. They give me the chance, and I feel like I pete way anybody to take that spot.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 8: Hey, I have a question, right, like, I want to change the name. Can I I'm gonna call you boss man Smitte? All right, Okay, we'll rolling with that. So from now your name is boss Man Smitty.
Speaker 1: Smitty.
Speaker 8: You d committed from USC right, and you chose Colorado. What winning your decision that made you want to do that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 11: Really just the environment dollars around with Colorado, it just feel like family more.
Speaker 5: Uh. Really coach Field, you know, coach Field a real dude.
Speaker 11: H sitting down coach Field, he telling me the ins and out and this and that about Colorado and seeing that you know, he actually played in the game, having the coach that actually played at that position, and you know, really the best in his time, you know, where he can turn it down putus the opportunity to playing really.
Speaker 2: I'm listening. I'm looking at your background. You played basketball, also played a little basketball, a little basketball school.
Speaker 3: You you you, I grew you.
Speaker 5: I grew the cornbad the basketball up?
Speaker 2: Did you did you? Did you run track? Did you throw the shot at the discussion?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, sir, So you just once once once you just started focusing on football. You're like, Okay, this is gonna be my ticket up out of here.
Speaker 5: Once I took out with it was fan than.
Speaker 2: I'm reading your hometown. You grew up in Mobile, Alabama. Obviously, that's where their Senior Bowl is located. Have you ever gone and watch those guys? Those are the guys that are the college seniors or the underclassmen that goes down there. All the scouts are there and give them opportunity because those are the guys that's gonna get drafted. Have you ever gone down there and watched those guys practice, watched the game?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, I ain't go sit one last year.
Speaker 11: But it used to be at lag you know, we used to always go up that every time they had the game. We used to go out that lad tail gate, then go watch the game and after you get to meet the players and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Obviously you want to play at the next level. When you look at some of the offensive tackles, you got your obviously you got Trent Williams, you got Lane Johnson, I got some of the.
Speaker 3: Especially Okay, let you go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know Trent Williams at left, house got Lane, just Phil Death at right. You know, really say Lane just because you know he played my position. Yeah, that's what right.
Speaker 3: He is. He is great feet, got great hands.
Speaker 2: If you notice those guys, they never laisy with their feet and they're never laidy with their hands. Because these guys at the next level, too many they're real good. If you get lazy, they don't take you a half a step in they body.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 1: Hey, his name is boss man. Smite. Now somebody you addressing.
Speaker 3: We got addressing the right way, all right, boss man. Boss Man.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, bro, We really appreciate your time giving us a few minutes of your time to make this very very important announcement. Hopefully, like I said, this is the first of many many announcements that you're gonna be making.
Speaker 3: We congratulations to you and your family.
Speaker 2: Know a lot of people here we are talking to you, but there's a lot of people behind the scenes that responsible for you being here today.
Speaker 3: And we're go kicking.
Speaker 11: And also I want to give a shot to CODEV and Coch Devin over that Colorado one of the recruit course. He one of the first dudes that hit me up and got me in tune when Colorado.
Speaker 5: Want to get a shot for cordeb.
Speaker 2: All right, well, boss man, we appreciate your time. Man, We're gonna keep were gonna keep out on yourself. We'll be We'll be following you to see hopefully in a couple of years down the road. Will you come back on here and say, hey, uh, my time to see you is up. It's time to take it to the next month.
Speaker 3: So congratulations to you and your family, man, and we'll be seeing you. Thank you.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 3: That was Cardi boss Man boss boss.
Speaker 1: Man Smithy Smith boss Man Smithy.
Speaker 2: London merrit uh is a defensive end two fifty five. He's going to Colorado. He decommitted from Ohio State, going to see you. Alex McPherson, he decommitted from Oklahoma State going to Colorado. And Quentin Gibson. It was a speechter out of Fort Worth, Texas. North Crawley high school wide receiver five eight, one hundred and sixty five pounds. That's the four guys that made their announcement here on nightcap for the first time, Ojo, we've had high school seniors make an announcement of such magnitude here as the first of many. I'm sure. Now let's get into it, Ojo. The Lions beat the Bears twenty three to twenty. But that wasn't the story of the game. Caleb Williams had one of the great half of the second half. Was as good as he could possibly throw it. The plays that he made outside of the pocket, the way he threw the ball from the pocket, and he had a couple of drops in there to Ojoe, but that he was undeterred.
Speaker 5: He ran.
Speaker 2: Now, it wasn't smart that you try to get slick and try to you know, stop on the diamond cut back when you're going on the bounds.
Speaker 3: Hit him in the knee, gone out of bounds. Don't don't ay.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna let you get away with that, cause they saw what Patrick Mahomes did and they saw guys fooling before, so they're gonna punish you if they get there. So just gone out of bounds. But uh, it was Caleb Williams got sacked, O joe. When he got sacked, it was thirty three seconds on the clock. They have a time out one, it's about they got one. It's about to be third down. Take your time out. Now, you got thirty three seconds.
Speaker 3: Oh joe.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't get it, Even if you don't, you still got fourth down. How do you go from thirty three seconds and you keep your time out and you want run only one play with thirty three seconds, because if you complete the ball in bounds, oh yoe, you should be able to run your field goal unit on the field, get your other players off the field right with eighteen seconds? Yeah, they had so even a play only last what five to six? Let's just say, for the sake of bargament, O Joe, we're gonna say the play last ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Kayler Williams grabbled around. It took him ten seconds.
Speaker 2: You still have twenty three seconds to get your field goal uniton on the field to get your other guys off the field. That's more than a leugh time to get the balls now, get it held, get it down and get a kick up.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 8: Honestly, and I mean no disrespect. I'm all for people having a job. I think it's very important to have a job. But that was coach of mal practice. Not only that was coach of mal practice. I think he must have been betting against the odds out there and got damn Vegas for not calling that goddamn time out.
Speaker 1: You know that is a fireable offense. And I'm understanding there's a stand on my soap.
Speaker 8: I can say that someone should be fired, but for them to have lost the last five I think, but five or six games, and this is a game that you had an opportunity to do or at least time and go into overtime and see what you could do in overtime.
Speaker 1: I can't believe, you know coach did that that he didn't call the time.
Speaker 8: And also on Kayler Williams, understand you have to have better clock management in your head if your coach is not on point the way he should be and really being on top of the time and how much time you have left. Kayler Williams, as a player who's played at the big level out out there at USC, you should understand how much time is on the clock and what you need to do in those situations to make sure it doesn't happen again. So this is, for one, the coach you should already know. You should already know this is coaching malpractice. For Kayla Wims, this is a situation if it ever comes up again. Doing your tenure in the NFL, understand clock management and how important it is to give your team a chance to either tie or win a game.
Speaker 1: That's a bunch of bullshit.
Speaker 2: Man, keenan Allen says something very interesting. Oh yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: It was a good shot.
Speaker 2: No wait, which queenan Allen said, as players, we played well enough to win this game.
Speaker 1: That's a good shot.
Speaker 8: Think about what he's saying, Think about the underlying tone and what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Look, if I'm mad Ierbraflus, if I'm ebra Flus, oh yo, I would have just took to fine and I'm not talking to the media after that. Because then he gets up there and says that bullgive that we got what we wanted and I'm good with it.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. You sound foolish.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a man that know he mad made a mistake and want to down that hill instead.
Speaker 3: Of say god, that's on me. That's on me.
Speaker 2: I should have called a time out with thirty three seconds. How you run one plate with thirty three seconds. It's absolutely a fireable offense. And I've never advocated for anyone to lose their job, because I understand how precious jobs are. But you can't continuously make the mistakes that he's making and remain in that position and then come out there and give those bull jive excuses or those bulljive answers to why it's played out.
Speaker 3: It's too many times.
Speaker 2: There's a current theme that if you notice Ocho, anytime they put a receiver in, it's always a new receiver in. It's always somehow the ball find it, or they put a new DV in. Somehow the ball always goes his way. You're watching in baseball, if the ball somehow always will find him. Basketball, a new guy comes in, somehow the ball it damp. We want the ball to in if your hands with the last second, but day here we are. It keep coming down, o choe to plays like this when you have to understand the situation that your team is in and you have to make split second decisions. He let his team down more times than not.
Speaker 8: Yeah, most definitely listen and decision makes like that is the difference between not winning not losing the past five games, Yes, the seconds like that.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 8: It's a game of inures, it's a game of interest, and the coaching is one of the reasons why teams win. That's what do you think the difference is in the d Lions before Dan Campbell got there and the Detroit Lions while he is there.
Speaker 1: That's coaching. That's coaching. That's all.
Speaker 8: It comes down to, being able to execute the players. I know some of it is on the players, but also the coaching. It has to it has to come together and work as one. But you can't be coaching like that, you know that and having a situation like that and want to say the excuse you use and not take accountability. How you think your players feel? Yeah, like listen to what Keenan Allen said. Players don't normally react to a game like that and don't coach under the bus. There's a disconnect. There's a complete disconnect.
Speaker 1: In the locker room.
Speaker 3: Ain't no disconnect.
Speaker 2: They don't They've lost confidence in their head coach because the thing is with situation the football, you have to practice certain certain situations. You have to practice fourth down, you have to practice two minutes, you have to practice no huddle, you have to practice being in a certain situation. So therefore, if you're in that situation, you'll know how to respond. We practiced running the field goal unit on the field. We're getting off the field and it's with eighteen seconds, So we practiced certain situations. Get out of bound, make sure you try to get the ball to the official. Don't aid all that. Don't throw the ball because hey, look they're not receivers, they're old. Hand them the ball. Yeah, I just don't get it. And like I said, I don't, I don't. Jimmy Johnson said and said, in seventy years of being around coaching, he's never seen the level of dysfunction that the Bears have right now. And I can't say that I disagree with it. It is because it's a recurring If oh Joe, it's week after week. I can see if it's a one time thing, O Joe, that's an accident.
Speaker 1: Right, But this is you know, you know what else.
Speaker 8: And on top of and speaking on top of what Jimmy Johnson said, he says, you've never seen any kind of dysfunction.
Speaker 1: No, it's just not this year. It's just not this year.
Speaker 8: You're trying to change the culture and Chicago in general. The culture, the winning coature of Chicago has been going for a very long time. It's been going for a very long time. And being able to content and compete year and in year out on a consistent basis. All that starts at the top and in the middle. It starts for the coach and then it lingers into the players.
Speaker 7: So until you.
Speaker 8: Get that that middle ground the right way, everything else is going to falter.
Speaker 1: And it starts with little shit like today.
Speaker 8: It might be little, you know, because it's one game, but it affects the entirety of a season because bad decisions will continue to be made.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I don't know what they said, but normally when we went we go on the field, especially it's the last drive. We got two timeouts, we got one timeout, we got no time out. If you can get the ball out of bounds, all things being equal, we'll take a five yard game and get out of bounds as opposed to a ten yard game and not get out of bounds. So we've already we've already gone through situations that we could potentially see in a game. Yeah, because there's only one way to handle the situation.
Speaker 3: It's just like everything else.
Speaker 2: But Joe, you practice first down, you practice second down, you practice third down, you practice goal lighting, red zone. Okay, there are certain certain situations now now you can't practice everything, oh Joe, But hopefully you played football long enough, you'll know. With thirty three seconds and you gotta time out after a sight, you automatically take a time out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Ebau was even thinking.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about.
Speaker 3: The first thing you do because the fisher was standing right there by.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And that's the.
Speaker 3: Side judge you right, hey, timeout.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing about it is is you coulda ran. You coulda ran. You coulda ran that play right now. You coulda called that.
Speaker 8: Time out, ran another play. And I'm not sure what your signal was, uncle, where the special team is already ready and we used to yell fire fire fire fire, yps hurry hurries up. There's enough time on the time on o'clock. You come out and you kick the field goal, and hopefully before the clock hit zero, you have them execute that field goal and tie the game and take it into overtime and then boom, now you got a fresh start and hoping you can get down there and score. That's even ball gaming at that point. But you don't even the god damn chance.
Speaker 2: And they had the momentum. They had played extremely well last or yesterday. They had the momentum in the ball game. I thought Detroit got away from running the football. And there's another Oh Joe, at some point in time, you're gonna have to stop making excuse for Jameson William. You gotta stop. You've got to stop making excuses for it. Of the fumble, No, that's Gibb the hitting the guy in the face with the football that's standing on the sideline. Oh yeah yeah, he almost cost his team.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of sea that's the kind of the immaturity. I'm trying to figure out. What could the guy possibly on the sideline? Bro, Why you talking? You not even in the game. Let that sink in for a second. You not even in the game, and you talking right, Get in the game first, and then I'll address you. He ain't addressing nobody on the sideline. What made it even more egregious is that it was after the play, so the dind already counted, so now they back you up fifteen yards. And then he gets to the sideline and he's arguing with Antoine Randall Ell trying to explain.
Speaker 3: What he did.
Speaker 2: Bro shut up, there's no offer with no explanation, and the words of the great Billy Holliday hunch, I don't explain.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to?
Speaker 1: Hey, in a great version, who whatsoul? Nobody Billy Holliday.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out. I'm trying to figure out. Oh yo, what's his explanation? Everybody saw what you did. He said something. You turned and flipped the ball in his face. You lucky here run and put his foot in your hands.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey, I got a question for you. Now that we're talking to the Bells, I understand what Jamis and Williamson. Did you know I'm gonna talk to the young Bull. I got young Bull. I got Young Bull on the line too, So I'm gonna talk to you. You know, you know you can't do that. You can't cost your team, especially as well as y'all are doing right now. But what you think about chat y'all? Tell me what y'all think that. What you think about Bill Belichick to the Bears. I think wherever Bill Belichick goes, as long as they have a defense and a quarterback that you can work with. Kayler Williams is a quarterback that you can work with. He's someone that you can win with based on his skill set and what he can do. What do you think what I'm gonna do on two on Wednesday when we do Inside the NFL, I'm gonna bring it up on the show. Bill, What do you think about your opportunity and having a coaching job in Chicago.
Speaker 1: There's a defense, a very.
Speaker 8: Very adequate defense that you can work with one of the better corners in the league in Jalen Johnson, Who's that's my little nephew. You got a quarterback that you can develop in mold and understanding what it takes to win. I mean, who says no to that? Then you have an organization that's gonna give you the keys.
Speaker 1: They're gonna give you.
Speaker 8: The keys because you have an understanding of what it takes to win, what it takes the Bill a winning team here, you got six STEMN Super Bowls. You also you want to go get that that that that that coaching record from Don Shue. You want to break that right now, Boom you have over this. They're gonna get the keys and allow you to build a team. You need the build to be able to contend and compete in the NFC.
Speaker 1: Why not take it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that that that division ain't coming back. That Uh, this is what this is what even flews uh when he addressed after the game, is that I hope was that we re racked that play at eighteen second, throw it in bounds, get into field goal range, and then call our final time out. You see, Ojo, he doesn't understand. You don't need to call it time out with eighteen seconds, that's more than enough time. You get your field goal on and off the That was where we were, and our and our decision making process on that we were outside of the field goal range no jive sherlock and needed to get a few more yards in there as a closer we can get. Uh, we're going to call timeout. That's why we held the last time. So in other words, now you going the next week, you got four timeouts in the first half. Oh no, you can't use that time out. Disappointed for our players. They put a lot of work on and on a short week and put themselves in position to win that game.
Speaker 3: They did, and you denied them back.
Speaker 2: That part you got right on a short week, our player, we didn't play the best first half, but we played in our standing second half, and we put ourselves in position to win the game. And my bone headed played, my bone headed situational awareness cost our team a game. More games are loss than one in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Exhibit A.
Speaker 2: I'd like to I would like to present this your honor, Exhibit eight of how games are lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't get it. I don't. I don't. I don't. I don't get how.
Speaker 2: He continuously finds himself if you notice, O Joe, like I said, when you make bone head plays, somehow, you always find yourself in that situation week after week until you correct it, until you rectify said situation.
Speaker 3: BRO, call the time out, O Yo, call the time out.
Speaker 2: You could run, like I said, I if the play only cost you eight seconds, I gave you ten on the long end. Hopefully Caleb understands that you can't run around. But I just I don't. I don't get it. And I said it in real time. I was like, what is he thinking? What the hell was he thinking? Why would you not call the time out with thirty three seconds left?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Every everybody said the same thing. Out again, it's coach are mal practice. It makes me think he had money on the game to do something like that, to not even give your change, your team a chance to win, especially with what you've been through weekend and week out, with the losing, the close games, the games you played well.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, come on, man, give yourself a chance.
Speaker 8: There are multiple scenarios when you're down in that situation that should already be gone and be playing in your head, not just the one you explained at the god damn podium. There are multiple scenarios that you you play on Okay, what do I need to do? Split decision, fast decision making? You know, if you don't have it, then your quarterback got to have it. But your quarterback is supposed to be learning from you. So if you ain't got it and you the head man, nigga, he's supposed to know it, but definitely to hear no there Caleb will know and have a better understanding of.
Speaker 1: Time, you know, and how much time you have to use.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: As he gets older, and a little bit more mature in the NFL and understanding.
Speaker 2: To him, let him know he we got one time about Klee. So hey, if you get sacked, don't be afraid to Let's not be afraid to use that time out. Yeah, the Lions knocks their first Thanksgiving win in eight years. Jared Graff threw two touchdown the sam La Porter Golf twenty one to thirty four to twenty one, two touchdown, while the Detroit ground game, led by Montgomery and Gibbs, ran for one hundred and ninety four yards on thirty seven carries. Yeah, they look they got I mean that first. That third quarter went by so quick. It was like Chicago got a possession, scored a touchdown, Detroit got a possession, scored a touchdown, and Chicago ran.
Speaker 3: Two more plays and the quarter was over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what you needed, because Butchago, the Lions couldn't get off the field on third down. On Joe they get him in third long, it didn't matter. Caleb Williams made some great throws, Guys ran great routes, guys got opened, and Detroit couldn't get them out fielding third down, and so tik tik tik, you keep your offense off the field. Now they get they get out of sync, and the next thing you know, Chicago makes this game close. Probably should have went overtime at worst case scenario and we see what happens in there. But uh, Chicago, the players played well enough, but it was their coach that made a bone head decision that uh that uh that cost them the game.
Speaker 9: Vol